in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gundam Zephyr.6713

Gundam Zephyr.6713

This forum is evidence of that.

The entitlement generation is shameful.

Posted by: Watson.6492

Watson.6492

The only regulatory mechanism for business practices that are not outright illegal is the consumer. If the consumer doesn’t react in kind, the market doesn’t regulate. Everything is working as market mechanisms intend.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

The only regulatory mechanism for business practices that are not outright illegal is the consumer. If the consumer doesn’t react in kind, the market doesn’t regulate. Everything is working as market mechanisms intend.

I’m a consumer, but I don’t react like the people on this forum.

I quietly put back whatever I was looking at buying, and walk away.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

I’m a consumer, but I don’t react like the people on this forum.

I quietly put back whatever I was looking at buying, and walk away.

I guess silent protest works in some cases, but i’m all for the workings of the vocal majority, the business/game practices ANet has been showing in recent are downright bad, i’m glad people are making this vocally known

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Yet more people who understand NOTHING so they just say that we’re “entitled”.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I was proud to be part of this community. You guys are building a big drama because of your personal frustration about the game.

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

but you are, are you not? or you think you are.

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

People who are angry are people who support the game and want to purchase it but the price point is not worth the value from what as been shown so far. There will continue to be an uproar to some extent till release and after that you will either have some who quit the game forever or some who will begrudgingly buy it at the $50 price.
Anet has 3 options:
1) is to ignore everything and just create animosity and bad blood between some of their current player base who supported them
2) make some changes to the bundles so that it is possible to buy HoT at a lower price or atleast add in a free character slot
3) show other content that they have not revealed in order to justify the current price point

Battlelord Taeres

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

This forum is evidence of that.

So thinking a product is too expensive = entitled? Gotcha, all prices are reasonable.

Gundam Zephyr.6713

I understand just fine, thanks. I paid $60 for the game when it came out three years ago and have poured over a thousand hours into the game since then. I’ve preordered HoT for $50 as well, and I will likely spend another 1000+ hours enjoying that content as well. By comparison, a burger at the local fast food joint cost me $7. A burger.

Seeing the Avengers in the theater and buying popcorn? $15-20.

GW2’s about as much value as I’ve ever gotten from an entertainment-related purchase.

Posted by: Saint Jabberwocky.5098

Saint Jabberwocky.5098

Gundam Zephyr.6713

I’m 27 years old. Age has nothing to do with it, IMO. Boils down to upbringing.

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

Web generation. Entitled to get everything for “free” (with quotes because they have yet to understand that ad driven business model is everything but free).

With 5429 hours played, GW2 up to now has entertained me for 0.0092€ per hour played. Pretty difficult to beat such a deal. And it will still improve until HoT release. No wonder that I’ll happily buy the ultimate package.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Next thing you know, people will be expecting free content after purchasing the xpac!

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

We’re certainly entitled to at least one thing: an opinion. For better or worse, that is the sole purpose of these forums. It’s counter-intuitive to try to shame people for expressing opinions you disagree with.

As for the complaints…this how capitalism works – businesses try to squeeze as much as they can out of consumers, and vice versa.

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

People are not wanting something for nothing, they are upset at having to buy the base game again, which is currently selling for £20, when they already have it. So the expansion should be able to be bought stand alone, minus the current cost of the base game.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

People are not wanting something for nothing, they are upset at having to buy the base game again, which is currently selling for £20, when they already have it. So the expansion should be able to be bought stand alone, minus the current cost of the base game.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-Price-Feedback-Base-game-included-merged/page/48#post5160949

Look on the top