The game state

The game state

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PerfectSelf.8914

PerfectSelf.8914

I want to start playing again after I quit about 6 months ago. Is it in a better state then it was then? I mean, is it more balanced in terms of PVP/PVE and also less bugs?

The game state

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

If you didn’t like it six months ago, you won’t like it anymore now.

The game state

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

If you didn’t like it six months ago, you won’t like it anymore now.

Bugs are still around. But in all seriousness, you don’t really need some stranger holding your hand telling you their opinions to sway you are deter you…log in and check it out for yourself, yeah?

The game state

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Hasn’t changed, it may have gotten worse in some parts.

The game state

Posted by: Tuck.4095

Tuck.4095

Its not like you need to pay a fee to reactivate just to check on how things are going. Gotta enjoy no subscriptions

The game state

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Bugs are still around. But in all seriousness, you don’t really need some stranger holding your hand telling you their opinions to sway you are deter you…log in and check it out for yourself, yeah?

While I’d normally agree with you that it’s unwise to base your opinions on someone else’s….my GW2 folder is 16.9 GB of space. That’s kind of a large space commitment to be just downloading casually, just to check and see if you want to rejoin a game you left for very specific reasons.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

The game state

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

The opinions of strangers aren’t going to let you know if you’ll actually like the game now. There have been many changes and updates in six months, but none of us can tell you if you’ll like it. Just log on and play a bit. If you like it, great. If you don’t, that’s also fine.

The game state

PerfectSelf.8914

Why are you all giving such inconclusive answers? I want to hear what the mob things before I start investing a lot of time again. Do YOU think the game is better now than 6 months ago?

The game state

PerfectSelf.8914

You get fed up with trolls at some point. You become one of them ^^

The game state

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I think it’s better than it was six months ago.

The game state

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

I think it’s worse than it was six months ago. At least back then it was shiny and new, now its just a grind to get nicer looking gear and ascended stuff.

WvWvW has had no love at all…

The game state

Posted by: jdkentucky.2871

jdkentucky.2871

I do not think you will enjoy it anymore now. And I will leave it at that.. A few things have been fixed and others are just there..

The game state

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

You don’t even know if you might agree or not with a stranger. Download it, install, try it out. If its too much of a commitment to dl and install, then you’ve really answered your own question.

The game state

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

No it is much worse. WvW and now PVE suffer from culling. Ascend gear is the new BIS gear and the grind is merciless. Korea called and want the grind back – Anet said no we have it all.

The high end economy is manipulated by a few people.
PVP is dead. I really mean dead outside 7-11pm you cant even get a tourny or match dead.

The bugs are still there and plenty and all new content is horrific and usually exploited to a high degree.
Balance is just crap – really bad. Dungeon runs now ask for certain classes because of it ect.
I would say wait another month or two and see if the new content is anything to go by. But I doubt it will be good all the stuff they added has been crap to me at least.
The bugs in the new stuff has people asking for a test server that bad.

The game state

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

Hasn’t changed, it may have gotten worse in some parts.

Pretty much this…

If any of these are reasons why you lost interest in this game, they haven’t been addressed.

- GW2 combat is shallow

- The skill system is rigid and restrictive

- There is no real point to grouping up outside of dungeons

- roles are homogenized and indistinct

- things quickly deteriorate into button mashing with very little thought involved

- the traits and player attribute systems are bloated with junk and messy, respectively

- there’s an apparent lack of social cohesion because everything in this game seems to segment players rather than bring them together

(segmented story missions, FoTM, can’t take your PvE gear into sPvP, etc)

- boss fights have no real challenge, just hp in scientific notation and OHKO moves

- Questionable design choice to remove monk class, personally, i think it’s been detrimental in many, many areas (listed above)…rather than advantageous.

- Boring, shallow, linear, predictable, one-dimensional PvP

- Zerging is not fun or mentally engaging in the least. Now, ABing (GW1) with teams that have inherent roles structure…those types of zerg encounters were actually fun and skillful because of the healer role, not just a cooldown party and a numbers game.

- No skill capping

- laughable difficulty because all mobs have is simple mechanics rather than skill bars and team (mobs would travel in packs and often have complimentary builds comprised of player skills) compositions rivaling, but not surpassing the PvP challenge.

GW2 doesn’t have this.

- Buggy

- Badly written story

- Missing the most basic of features.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

The game state

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

You will really have to log on and give it a go—but just in case, I have been here since day 1 and the game has gone from ok to a so so frustrating boring grind.
That fact that you are forced to play in a way that you don’t want is much too evident in the game from your personal storyline to dungeons and dailies.

(edited by Blude.6812)

The game state

Posted by: holotype.1643

holotype.1643

The game has improved. There are fewer bugs now, though plenty still exist.

The game is deeper the more time you spend with it. If you roamed around the maps completing hearts and doing Dynamic events, got bored, then left, then you probably won’t find anything of value now, either.

It’s a big game with a lot of details and alot of things to do, should you choose to research and pursue them.

Championing Blackgate since Aug. 25, 2012
[UV]

The game state

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

The game is deeper the more time you spend with it. If you roamed around the maps completing hearts and doing Dynamic events, got bored, then left, then you probably won’t find anything of value now, either.

It’s a big game with a lot of details and alot of things to do, should you choose to research and pursue them.

Naively optimistic or reluctantly cynical, i can’t tell which.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

The game state

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Naively optimistic or reluctantly cynical, i can’t tell which.

the ’it’s a big game………research and pursue..’——equivilent of lots of boring useless stuff you can find to do——-but the main game —not so much. (Reluctantly cynical? an FB in transition).

The game state

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Oh look, the regular forum trolls have come a knockin’. It’s like you guys actually don’t have a life.

Seriously, don’t trust anything that’s said here. Try it again if you want and see if you like it. Or don’t. It’s up to you.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

The game state

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

It’s much better than 6 months ago in the way of bugs and performance optimizations. There’s more content, now…But they added ascended gear, and that may or may not scare you off…:P