The great solution for zerging and stacking

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inochi.3219

Inochi.3219

Is….. Collision! Like in the screenshot, every player will collide when gets too close to another player, preventing the players create the stack strategy, will work for PvE and WvW. Creating new strategies about who will be in the frontline to block the passage for eles, rangers, can use high damage skills from behind and not just… Stack -> fire field, blast, water field, blast, stability, stability, water field, water field, water field… etc.

In Dungeons this will end some stacks in certain bosses and rooms.

OF COURSE you can’t collide in safe zones. o.o’’

And skills like Warriors Whirlwind Attack will still pass trough enemies players because the collide zone is too small [see the screenshot] to stop the skill OR you can put the collision system in WvW to work only with your servermates just to prevent the actual and boring stack and zerg meta for WvW.

What you think?

Attachments:

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

No.

/15chars

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I think GW2´s technology can´t handle it – though I don´t know if that´s a thing that came up here in the forum or if it´s official. There is another “action oriented” competitor that actually has skills interrupted when another player is in the way and is really a great thing. Even that good ol trinity tank isn´t always a good thing for you in that scenario :P

Posted by: kult.3465

kult.3465

What if you know like Zergs and stacking……cause I do….

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

WOW! This IS a ‘Great’ idea! I can’t believe nobody else, including the Devs, have ever thought of it before….like 14 threads worth of ‘before’…

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Zergers gonna zerg, stackers gonna stack. No way around it. Not game breaking either. Some people want to stack. I don’t understand why people complain so much about stuff like this. If you don’t want to do it, then don’t. Stop trying to get rid of it for people who do. Make your own PvE groups specifically stating “no stacking” and people who don’t want to stack will join. It’s like magic.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

a stacking debuff that reducing 5% of your abilities each 10 seconds up to 50% reduction, if you have more than five people in 600 radius or more than 3 people in 300 radius.

this is the only thing that will “solve” stacking and zerging, but it will destroy the game….

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

I’d like to have collision detection just as a matter of principle. Having everyone pass through everything is just bloody stupid. That it would help counter zerging and stacking would just be a nice side benefit.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

If it worked only on enemies and did not hinder server mate movement yes im for that. Its not like line of warding mechanics dont exist in the game already. Though to do it all actoss yhe board i dont know how long orhard the pricess would be.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Can you imagine the grief potential? Cause I sure can.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

a stacking debuff that reducing 5% of your abilities each 10 seconds up to 50% reduction, if you have more than five people in 600 radius or more than 3 people in 300 radius.

this is the only thing that will “solve” stacking and zerging, but it will destroy the game….

Instead of making it a negative, I would think a better would be to increase the rewards for people spreading out. If less than 6 players (NPCs don’t count) within 1500, +50% increased magic find, wxp, xp, etc. on specific maps (dungeons don’t count). This encourages the small roaming squads or smaller and everyone spreading out more without disrupting or penalizing for giant stacks of players. i.e. one of the major issues with WvW soloing or going off alone in general is that it is typically less character advancement rewarding than in a zerg/blob.