The greatest lie ever told in GW2!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

That Harpy Love will either A.) Hit my intended target(s) or B.) Make them fall madly in love, Wark is a LIAR!

It misfires half the time and goes flying over the persons head or just short of it, and if it does hit a person or crowd, half of them usually complain about the hearts and yell at the person that successfully threw it.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

I don’t know where to start there’s so many

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

They lied to all my characters saying they were heroes when its not true, they were actually Trahearne’s go fer side kick..

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

They lied to all my characters saying they were heroes when its not true, they were actually Trahearne’s go fer side kick..

Actually, Trahearne’s the one always turning to you for advice and what to do.

Biggest lie? “Maverick is the best swordsman I know”

Moto says we need to go rescue the princess, implying that it’s actually possible to rescue her.

(edited by Sartharina.3542)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not only do they lie, they’re rude and insensitive too.

I was getting a vista inside a city yesterday and fell off a walkway. I faceplanted at the feet of an NPC merchant. He turned around, looked at me and said “No free samples.” I’m like, “I don’t need your snarky remarks about free samples after nearly dying. If you’re going to have that sort of attitude I’ll use some other merchant when I need stuff.” He didn’t have anything to say after that, so I guess I shut him up but I’m still thinking about reporting him to support. >.>

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Not quite a lie but kinda stupid still when my Asura was telling one of the Inquest dudes in a cutscene that he should change the wardrobe because there are more colours than red and black – while only wearing dark red and shadow abyss (black) myself. I bursted out in laughs because it was one of the “WTF dude” moments.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

The greatest lie this game ever told was that it didn’t exist.

WELL IT DOES, kitten! IT DOES!!!

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Oh I just remembered another good one…

I don’t remember who the merchant is or where he is but he is always saying:

“I have everything that you need”

Really? Umm noo you don’t…….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

My mesmer for the first time in HoT map trying to get HP to get her elite:

“I AM MIGHTY!!!”

2 seconds later….

Attachments:

cosmicegg.8502

in the game itself or is the marketing department included?

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

in the game itself or is the marketing department included?

As the marketing department isn’t one of your characters or an NPC (read the OP), it would not be included.

Paulytnz.7619

“I AM MIGHTY!!!”

2 seconds later….

Either way if you are meaning the cancellation of leg weapons or something similar my reply would be:

I would not class that as a lie. More like a plan that was changed. I could give another simple example. Say I say to someone one day “I plan to take my white car to work tomorrow”. Right so that is my plan and I do intend to go through with it. Now let’s say I turn up to work and my friend sees me drive in in my black car. Now he may think to himself “wow what a liar”. Yet, was it really a lie? It could be my white car broke down, was stolen or maybe I had to take the kids to school on the way to work and the white car is simply not big enough. Newsflash, the plan changed for whatever reason.

Plans change, things happen – Plans that were INTENDED to go through but that are cancelled for whatever reason can then simply not be called a lie. Well that’s my logic anyway. :P

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I have gotten to the poimt where I block it out so I dont remember the exact wording, but my character exclaiming over the value of found treasure, only to have it be yet more ascended mats to throw away.

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

“I AM MIGHTY!!!”

2 seconds later….

Either way if you are meaning the cancellation of leg weapons or something similar my reply would be:

I would not class that as a lie. More like a plan that was changed. I could give another simple example. Say I say to someone one day “I plan to take my white car to work tomorrow” Right so that is my plan and I do intend to go through with it. Now let’s say I turn up to work and my friend sees me drive in in my black car. Now he may think to himself “wow what a liar”. Yet, was it really a lie? It could be my white car broke down, was stolen or maybe I had to take the kids to school on the way to work and the white car is simply not big enough. Newsflash, the plan changed for whatever reason.

Plans change, things happen – Plans that were INTENDED to go through but that are cancelled for whatever reason can then simply not be called a lie. Well that’s my logic anyway. :P

Depends did you ask your friend for money in exchange for driving the white car? Don’t forget that aspect of it. It isn’t that the legendary was said, it was that they were part of a package that was paid for

Paulytnz.7619

“I AM MIGHTY!!!”

2 seconds later….

I would not class that as a lie. More like a plan that was changed. I could give another simple example. Say I say to someone one day “I plan to take my white car to work tomorrow” Right so that is my plan and I do intend to go through with it. Now let’s say I turn up to work and my friend sees me drive in in my black car. Now he may think to himself “wow what a liar”. Yet, was it really a lie? It could be my white car broke down, was stolen or maybe I had to take the kids to school on the way to work and the white car is simply not big enough. Newsflash, the plan changed for whatever reason.

Depends did you ask your friend for money in exchange for driving the white car? Don’t forget that aspect of it. It isn’t that the legendary was said, it was that they were part of a package that was paid for

Well yes I do agree on this point as I have secretly been hoping they would throw us a bone over this. But I still stick with my view that it was not a lie as such. Just a changed plan. Changed plans of course does not mean they can’t give us something back for some changes. Maybe a partial refund or some free gems or something?

Having said that, I live in New Zealand and as such here we have a law that states a customer is entitled to what they are promised/advertised. If not they are entitled to a FULL refund. What anet did here would not fly down here if it was a local company I can tell you. Sure you could say “ask for a refund” however the problem here is, the only way that can happen is if they wipe my current account and I start from scratch, not exactly appealing now is that for some people? It’s a tricky, icky situation this one is.

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: EvilTwin.4125

EvilTwin.4125

Hahaha! This thread was fun to read. If I had to pick a biggest lie (though it’s more of a self-deception), I would pick the Windmill King’s desire to fight a dragon. Little dude can’t even handle being ‘betwitched’ by an ‘evil magpie’, so what in the world would he do with a dragon??

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

“I AM MIGHTY!!!”

2 seconds later….

Either way if you are meaning the cancellation of leg weapons or something similar my reply would be…

No. She was saying her “Mighty” mesmer is pocket raptor food now.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

HoT Will have 16 new legendaries

Zhaitan being dead was the biggest lie I Was told him game, he was already dead when we met him, hes undead

Posted by: enlightened.5396

enlightened.5396

“Rare treasure!!”

Er … no.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

cosmicegg.8502

“I AM MIGHTY!!!”

2 seconds later….

I would not class that as a lie. More like a plan that was changed. I could give another simple example. Say I say to someone one day “I plan to take my white car to work tomorrow”. Right so that is my plan and I do intend to go through with it. Now let’s say I turn up to work and my friend sees me drive in in my black car. Now he may think to himself “wow what a liar”. Yet, was it really a lie? It could be my white car broke down, was stolen or maybe I had to take the kids to school on the way to work and the white car is simply not big enough. Newsflash, the plan changed for whatever reason.

Say you sold your white sports car to your friend but showed up to give him your black economy car after he paid for it , That’s more like it but I digress.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’m a bit worried that all you owners of multiple cars don’t seem to know their make and model and have to keep using their colour to differentiate them.

Posted by: Banaghran.7510

Banaghran.7510

“Take that!” upon receiving a crit…

Paulytnz.7619

“Take that!” upon receiving a crit…

Yeah that’s a silly bug I have noticed too since getting a new computer. On my old computer it was very rare I would even hear my chars talk in combat. But now that I can this silly bug has popped up for me.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ha, I get Donari shouting “Oh, that had to hurt!” when something crits him. I figure he’s taunting them to make them think they didn’t touch him, or some such.

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

Ooh, I’ve got a good one for the thread… but first, I want to put my two coppers in on a couple of points.

Re: Ellen/Evon: I have 300 Kiel tokens in my vault, and bought the reusable one (which I carry with me); I have only two of Evon’s tokens, because I thought I’d need 5 to get his achievements and only needed 3.

Evon Gnashblade:
Attempted bribery to get votes. Bribes funded by stolen goods that he took from the original thieves, but did not return to its rightful owners.
Reacted to Scarlet’s invasion by packing up his gold and making for the nearest asura gate, pushing other refugees out of the way to get through.
Blackmailed Hero-tron for inside information on the Council.
And his incentives were to halve Black Lion Key costs – something far from everyone buys in any significant quantities because of the cost of gems and the usual return from the chests – and to look into the events surrounding the fall of a human god that have been relatively well-known since the coming of Nightfall to Elona.

Ellen Kiel:
Fought two different threats in Southsun Cove – the Karka incursion, and Canach’s plot against the Consortium (which may have been a laudable goal if its methods didn’t involve endangering scores of refugees).
Fought on the front lines during Scarlet’s Invasion, fighting the Assault Knights and aiding the wounded (downed). I believe she was also in the first phase of the Breachmaker assault, against the holograms.
Her election incentives were to reduce waypoint costs (something nearly everyone uses) and look into what was at that time an unsolved mystery. (I can’t hold it against her that it ended up being another Scarlet tie-in.)

Re: Dante’s comment on Trahearne:

We PUT Trahearne in charge, because of his alliance with all three Orders and him not being a member of any. (And because he was Tyria’s most knowledgeable person about Orr.) He made us his right-hand man immediately, and left us in charge of most military decisions, including deferring to our opinion on the best way to prosecute the campaign. (In his own words, he’s a scholar, not a general.)

He did have his own goal in Orr, and we helped him reach that, yes…. and then he gave us the entire army to complete our own goal. When we returned in victory, Trahearne, and every Pact member present, bowed to or saluted us.

Now. I promised I’d tell you the biggest lie told within Guild Wars 2:

“Sickness, flesh wounds… there is no ailment that cannot be cured by some of my krait oil.” – Doc Halvern (deceased)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Every time i pick up a yellow item my character says how great it is…. That is a blatant lie..