during today’s twitch stream

So it is not live yet?

Tuesday with the update

Serenity now~Insanity later

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

All I see is + 100.000.000.000 added to him and a few dungeon mechanics in the process. I already told myself ‘nope, this is not for me, i hate spamming dps, and have the feeling it won’t finish for the first hours’. Then they show ‘finish it or you don’t get 100 achievements’. Lame, very lame. Anet.

Did you watch the live stream? There is now more to the fight than just “spamming dps” and it’s entirely possible we will fail it. A lot.

Which is exactly the kind of thing the game needs. I’m looking forward to it.

While this is true and many, including myself if I were still playing, would welcome it… but with the increase in necessity of a ectos and resources for ascended gear.. they propped up one portion of the game and made another even more of a grind.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

All I see is + 100.000.000.000 added to him and a few dungeon mechanics in the process. I already told myself ‘nope, this is not for me, i hate spamming dps, and have the feeling it won’t finish for the first hours’. Then they show ‘finish it or you don’t get 100 achievements’. Lame, very lame. Anet.

Did you watch the live stream? There is now more to the fight than just “spamming dps” and it’s entirely possible we will fail it. A lot.

While this is true and many, including myself if I were still playing, would welcome it… but with the increase in necessity of a ectos and resources for ascended gear.. they propped up one portion of the game and made another even more of a grind.

So why do you care? You just said you aren’t playing anymore so it has no effect on you one way or another?

And I’m not sure what you mean by the second part.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Pretty obvious, fellyn. Getting ascended gear is even more of a grind now and since Teq will drop ascended related crafting item it can be thrown into that “grind” part.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

fellyn.5083

Pretty obvious, fellyn. Getting ascended gear is even more of a grind now and since Teq will drop ascended related crafting item it can be thrown into that “grind” part.

Even more of a grind than what? Since they don’t exist right now you have no basis for comparison.

You’re also forgetting that people in general will have more magic find which means more rares which means more ectos.

So again, I’m not sure what he meant by the second part.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Given what I saw on the live stream today. Legendaries were already a pretty bad grind… And then you still have to grind for gold. Or do as Anet hopes and buy gems with real US dollars and trade for in-game gold.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

I love the new boss mechanics :P
But in the next boss , i would love to see less hp and more frenquency of attacks , that are lowers based how many ppl are reaby
And see ppl rection and what they love :P

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

My prediction is that they will make the world events giant failure fests as they have done elsewhere in the game where they have tried to make the game more “interesting”. To Anet challenge is simply instagibs from the particle blur. This will largely empty the world events just as it has Orr and we can then focus on whatever temporary LS content they have cooked up. The greater living world will become more and more lifeless and localized temporary content will be standing room only. I’m looking at you SAB. Have fun guys.

(edited by Raine.1394)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

My prediction is that they will make the world events giant failure fests as they have done elsewhere in the game where they have tried to make the game more “interesting”. To Anet challenge is simply instagibs from the particle blur. This will largely empty the world events just as it has Orr and we can then focus on whatever temporary LS content they have cooked up. The greater living world will become more and more lifeless and localized temporary content will be standing room only. I’m looking at you SAB. Have fun guys.

To be honest, I hope there’s more “failure fests” added to the game. I know I’m not alone in that as well. I know it’s a stretch of the imagination, but who knew a giant kittening dragon could blow threw 60 or 70 people at once? Too hard? Queensdale’s just a Waypoint a way.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

ArenaNet. You guys have done well with this revamped encounter. Making the waypoint contested to prevent zerging, making it have more health, do more damage, have more mechanics and require more than just mindlessly shooting at his foot..

Dropping ascended weapons and materials, dropping a mini Tequatl, having its own achievement list! This is incredible. I hope the other dragon and meta events follow the same pattern shortly but I am genuinely impressed.

Please leave it challenging. Tweak if needed (extend the time alotted or something if anything at all) but PLEASE do not nerf it. It looks incredible and I can’t wait to give it a go!

The waves… OH MY GOD THE WAVES! This fight looks absolutely incredible!!!

The only negative I see to this is that until all the other bosses are brought up to this level, Teq will be ignored as a world event and most people will just farm the easier content.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

fellyn.5083

A big complaint from quite a few people that we’ve seen over and over on these forums is that events can’t fail. Literally impossible once numbers reach a certain point. Just zerg it with numbers.

What anet has done is created an event where yeah, numbers matter to an extent, but the event can still fail if the numbers aren’t coordinated.

I think it’s great.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Raine.1394

A big complaint from quite a few people that we’ve seen over and over on these forums is that events can’t fail. Literally impossible once numbers reach a certain point. Just zerg it with numbers.

What anet has done is created an event where yeah, numbers matter to an extent, but the event can still fail if the numbers aren’t coordinated.

I think it’s great.

Watch what happens. I’ve been watching since march/april and what will happen is that people will begin abandoning the events as they have events in the Cursed Shore. It’s just one more part of the game that will become a ghost town. We can’t really afford more ghost towns at this point—it really needs to turn around. Humans are not built for continuous failure; it’s not what we are about. However, it is what Anet is about and the results are already coming in.

(edited by Raine.1394)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Teq will become the new Temple of Grenth.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: veasna.3675

veasna.3675

I mean if the reward is quite good, I doubt it will become a “ghost-town”. I see understand why people are concerned, though, about this event becoming like Grenth’s event. That said, personally, I don’t do Grenth because the reward just isn’t worth the chance of failure. Besides, I can get better gears from fotm/crafting. Having said that, if they offered unique items/skins/one okittend materials the way Balthz temple offers Obsidian shards in bulk, Grenth wouldn’t be such a ghost town.

My hope is Tequatl will not just offer long-winded fight, but also a lot of good rewards. Like everyone else, I might just run around Frostgorge all day instead of coming to Tequatl after the first few encounters if I only get a rare or two.

EDIT: seems like unique skins specific to Teq will be part of rewards as well as ascended materials.

(edited by veasna.3675)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

Teq will become the new Temple of Grenth.

The Temple of Grenth might actually see more action with the next patch. Tequatl, if it’s hard enough might eventually become the Karka Queen. People do like difficult and challenging content. People will be hitting Tequatl every chance they get in the beginning but after some time they will get bored and move on. Unless there’s clear incentive to repeatedly fight Tequatl I doubt people will want to fight him just for the heck of it.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

ArenaNet. You guys have done well with this revamped encounter. Making the waypoint contested to prevent zerging, making it have more health, do more damage, have more mechanics and require more than just mindlessly shooting at his foot..

Dropping ascended weapons and materials, dropping a mini Tequatl, having its own achievement list! This is incredible. I hope the other dragon and meta events follow the same pattern shortly but I am genuinely impressed.

Please leave it challenging. Tweak if needed (extend the time alotted or something if anything at all) but PLEASE do not nerf it. It looks incredible and I can’t wait to give it a go!

The waves… OH MY GOD THE WAVES! This fight looks absolutely incredible!!!

Finally huh..i remember soloing tequatl months ago on one boring night,took me about an hour….Most boring and unfulfilling boss kill Ever.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

fellyn.5083

I think it’s great.

Watch what happens. I’ve been watching since march/april and what will happen is that people will begin abandoning the events as they have events in the Cursed Shore. It’s just one more part of the game that will become a ghost town. We can’t really afford more ghost towns at this point—it really needs to turn around. Humans are not built for continuous failure; it’s not what we are about. However, it is what Anet is about and the results are already coming in.

People stopped doing Cursed Shore events because they stopped being worth the time it took to do them.

We don’t know at this point if the new Tequalty will be worth it or not so what you’re saying is just speculation and not fact.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

… but if a guaranteed ascended was given for beating him …

Wishful thinking… but it was good for a laugh!

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Good thing we can guest to higher pop servers. cause I see Teq not being beaten to much on the lower pop servers.

80 man? Yeah the bottom few servers willb e able to organize that what? Once a month??

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I think it’s great.

People stopped doing Cursed Shore events because they stopped being worth the time it took to do them.

We don’t know at this point if the new Tequalty will be worth it or not so what you’re saying is just speculation and not fact.

With the Ascended carrot, however rare, people will still do it religiously.

So we’re back to engame = camping the same worldbosses over and over, watching the dragon timer websites, and moving between the same handful of waypoints.

For a game that hates farmers, this game sure is geared towards farming.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I think it’s great.

So we’re back to engame = camping the same worldbosses over and over, watching the dragon timer websites, and moving between the same handful of waypoints.

For a game that hates farmers, this game sure is geared towards farming.

I’m sure some servers will muster the people to do this religiously. Some won’t, though.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

The fights looks fun and all but if the ascended weapon change is worse than precursors if all you get after finishing that “hard” fight is 1 or 2 yellows and a few greens lol. No one will do Teq, see ya in frostgorge farming champs, i dont like charmp farming much because honestly is boring but is the better source of income and mats and with the economy going in the way it is (everything is expensive) the champ farming seem to be the better options. I hope i am wrong and exotics drop from teq, mats, stuff but probably wont, no one will do the event after the first week.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Its the first time that I hear something about that.

Give it already a leaks about the next update?

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Remember when they revamped AC and nobody ever did it anymore and it took gold rewards for it to comeback somewhat? If the rewards from this boss are still laughably bad or drop in rates so low as to be akin to winning a lottery, then people will not bother after the first month. So please, make this boss worthwhile to kill.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

Give me links to videos, news, streams, pictures etc. I wanna know!

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Keep in mind folks, this isn’t in the next update, as someone has stated, but in the update after, Sept 17 (along with the LFG tool).

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Even more of a grind than what? Since they don’t exist right now you have no basis for comparison.

Ascended gear has existed for some time now. The addition of weapons, and eventually armor, is an expansion of an existing system not an entirely new one.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

can I have a link to Tequatl changes?

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

This will be great… as long as it scales down cleanly, to offer a reasonable challenge to the five or so people that happen to show up once the novelty has worn off.

Honestly the scaling in for most open world events is pretty terrible – events that range from deathtraps to small groups up to snoozefests to full zergs is failing to hit the mark not just at both ends off the spectrum but over most of the range of possible player-turn-outs.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Ashen.2907

This will be great… as long as it scales down cleanly, to offer a reasonable challenge to the five or so people that happen to show up once the novelty has worn off.

Honestly the scaling in for most open world events is pretty terrible – events that range from deathtraps to small groups up to snoozefests to full zergs is failing to hit the mark not just at both ends off the spectrum but over most of the range of possible player-turn-outs.

This was my thought as well.

…unless this is supposed to be the equivalent of a raid, intended for large groups only.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So basically making it a ground for people to abuse others because they turn up and increase the difficulty of the event?

The dragon events are supposed to be large-scale fights, they won’t (and shouldn’t) scale down to small groups.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

To me it looked like they made it this way so guilds have a type of open world raid boss. Since the time the event starts is publicly available. Guilds could go into the zone early and go over optimal tactics (No overflow issues) and then try to take him down.

This is something people have been asking for. I’m sure the large guilds would find it interesting and be excited by the prospect (or smaller guild alliances) and the unique rewards and achievements would be very prestigious to own if the fight is as tough as it looks it will be. It will definitely be worth the effort.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

How is failing a lot something this game needs? I don’t get it at all.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Ashen.2907

Its the, “possibility,” of failure that is likely being referred to as needed, not the failure itself. Success means little if there was no significant possibility of failure.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Because it pushes people to try harder ie: not just pressing 1 while texting and eating a sandwich.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I wish I had the time to troll on forums for games I don’t play anymore.

In any case, your opinion is no longer relevant. Thanks for making that clear.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

its wrong when events like this can fail. its just a mess with soooo many ppl. most ppl r playing with 10 fps on these events. so we get punished for a gameplay that is just not smooth.
totally wrong direction. dev revamp plz

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

If you want to enjoy this event, do it in the 1st week or so…

After that people will drift away from it and it will become impossible to complete, then end up a ghost town like the Karaka Queen…

The champions in this event are apparently not going to drop loot, so that will put players off in the long run…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jordy.1570

Jordy.1570

we need 5 player content that can fail. there need to be more content for smaller grps. something where u got the oportunity to improve things. with a zerg of 500 ppl its again rng if everything works out. im so sick of these horrible development decisions.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

This live stream about all this information doesn’t work …

can sombody summarize please here who has seen it, what exactly gets changed all about the battle ???…

So far I could see only some new stuff for wvw from one of the previews there like an increase to 10 skils for one of the mastereries and 2 new wvw skills that have sadly not been previwed.. Flame Ram Mastery and Reinforcement Mastery …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The thing that has me worried:
No groups so farm have progressed past stage 1, early stage 2 and there’s like 50 people there. He has far too much health. Is it going to be the new Baltazar of the servers or something?

More like Karka Queen I think.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

double the chance for precursors compared to other events was not enough for Karka Queen. And, since there will be a chance to drop ascended from any mega world boss, as it is most people would rather go to Jormag.

Because it pushes people to try harder ie: not just pressing 1 while texting and eating a sandwich.

Make it fail too often, and it will not push people to try harder, but make them go elsewhere.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Really wish I could see the preview. Guess ill have to wait until youtubers and blogcasters come back from pax and upload. Anyone know of a link to the recording of the livestream?

Until then, I speculate itll be kind of challenging, but nothing a guild or large semi competent PUG group cant handle. Im guessing there will be a few forum goers complaining about difficulty at first, until the list of mechanics becomes second nature to players, who will then return to complaining about the lack of trinity and how everything is zerks and zergs.

I hope (yet somewhat doubt) that when people play it, the revamped content will be engaging enough to capture the attention of those playing the content. It seems to me that these new mechanics will be looked upon as ‘so whats’ rather than the missing pieces to the puzzle. But hey, seems and ‘is’ are two different things, which is why Im kicking myself that i didnt see the preview.

Now on the rewards front, I fear they will not be enough to satisfy the above type of player. This will perpecuate the problem im predicting because in the eye of such players, they would rather have to face a 5 min zerg for rubbish rewards, than 45 min zerg for a unforeseeable tiny chance at decent stuff.

Id suggest including a token based system for the unique skins, minis and anything else specific to the dragon champ. Tradeable at a NPC that becomes available after the fight is won.
The ascended mats, weapons and components could be RNG with a low chance, in accordance to rarity (weps extremely low, mats not so low).
The rest of the items should be reworked to a tier above. What I mean is all blues to turn to greens, all greens to turn to rares and the guarenteed rare to be turned exotic. The guarenteed exotic is really important imo, as even if the player is unlucky and doesnt recieve any ascended mats, they still have the exo to salvage for dark matter.

Unfortunately to alot of players the rewards do come first, which means that alot hinges on the way they are updated. IF the reward structure is similar to my suggestion, with the inclusion of non rng unique rewards and updated loot tables with current ones, I can see the major complaint from players being about the other dragon champs and ‘WHEN WILL THEY REWARD LIKE TEQ???’. That in the eyes of many players, ASLONG as its ALSO considered an engaging and challenging encounter, would be evidence of a successful system and revamp.
Then Anet can concentrate on making all other boss encounters as diverse, fun and engaging as possible, knowing they have a successful reward system to push players into the content.

(edited by Parlourbeatflex.5970)

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

This live stream about all this information doesn’t work …

can sombody summarize please here who has seen it, what exactly gets changed all about the battle ???…

So far I could see only some new stuff for wvw from one of the previews there like an increase to 10 skils for one of the mastereries and 2 new wvw skills that have sadly not been previwed.. Flame Ram Mastery and Reinforcement Mastery …

-He has a stacked armour buff which needs to be removed by Hylek cannons.
-There’s ummm…. Flying device things around the battle field to teleport around on
-the megalazer plays a more useful role but now needs to be charge up through a subevent
-shockwave which you need to jump over
-he pummels the ground at times and create a huge tidal wave which you need to fly over
-he places indefinite poison pools which need to be removed by cannons
-he drags you under the water sometimes, you take damage until you swim out of the underflow

And some other stuff which I probably didn’t see cos I watched like 7 mins of it.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Id suggest including a token based system for the unique skins, minis and anything else specific to the dragon champ. Tradeable at a NPC that becomes available after the fight is won.
The ascended mats, weapons and components could be RNG with a low chance, in accordance to rarity (weps extremely low, mats not so low).
The rest of the items should be reworked to a tier above. What I mean is all blues to turn to greens, all greens to turn to rares and the guarenteed rare to be turned exotic. The guarenteed exotic is really important imo, as even if the player is unlucky and doesnt recieve any ascended mats, they still have the exo to salvage for dark matter.

Best idea I’ve heard for this…unless they’re saving that for an updated Jormag. But still, it would actually ENCOURAGE people to do this if they can save up tokens for things. Like I dunno, maybe 40-60 tokens per kill of a Dragon Champion, with it being only once per day you get the reward. Takes maybe 1000 tokens to get a single ascended weapon, along with some laurels.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

This is going to be real fun to see because I’ve never seen my server able to take Grenth. Let the popcorn begin!

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Really wish I could see the preview. Guess ill have to wait until youtubers and blogcasters come back from pax and upload. Anyone know of a link to the recording of the livestream?

Until then, I speculate itll be kind of challenging, but nothing a guild or large semi competent PUG group cant handle. Im guessing there will be a few forum goers complaining about difficulty at first, until the list of mechanics becomes second nature to players, who will then return to complaining about the lack of trinity and how everything is zerks and zergs.

I hope (yet somewhat doubt) that when people play it, the revamped content will be engaging enough to capture the attention of those playing the content. It seems to me that these new mechanics will be looked upon as ‘so whats’ rather than the missing pieces to the puzzle. But hey, seems and ‘is’ are two different things, which is why Im kicking myself that i didnt see the preview.

Now on the rewards front, I fear they will not be enough to satisfy the above type of player. This will perpecuate the problem im predicting because in the eye of such players, they would rather have to face a 5 min zerg for rubbish rewards, than 45 min zerg for a unforeseeable tiny chance at decent stuff.

Unfortunately to alot of players the rewards do come first, which means that alot hinges on the way they are updated. IF the reward structure is similar to my suggestion, with the inclusion of non rng unique rewards and updated loot tables with current ones, I can see the major complaint from players being about the other dragon champs and ‘WHEN WILL THEY REWARD LIKE TEQ???’. That in the eyes of many players, ASLONG as its ALSO considered an engaging and challenging encounter, would be evidence of a successful system and revamp.
Then Anet can concentrate on making all other boss encounters as diverse, fun and engaging as possible, knowing they have a successful reward system to push players into the content.

Live stream is up on the twitch channel here:

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/454437568

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Best idea I’ve heard for this…unless they’re saving that for an updated Jormag. But still, it would actually ENCOURAGE people to do this if they can save up tokens for things. Like I dunno, maybe 40-60 tokens per kill of a Dragon Champion, with it being only once per day you get the reward. Takes maybe 1000 tokens to get a single ascended weapon, along with some laurels.

Do we know whether the unique skins are skins or full ascended weps? I had assumed that there will be a tiny chance to drop standard ascended weps as they mention that every thing that has a chance to drop ascended items has a rarer chance for weps. Then theres a mention of unique skins (no stats etc) for the dragon so i assumed that it would be a mix of the two rewards for the revamped dragon.

Thats the assumption i based my suggestion on anyway and i think aslong as players have a non RNG way to acquire the unique stuff, the RNG surrounding ascended weps and mats will politely hook people into the encounter on a longer term basis, especially if they are receiving better drops of other tier stuff at the same time, like a guaranteed exotic that can be turned into ascended related stuff anyway.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

He should be harder but without the ultra buff to his hp. Smashing the same boss over and over for more then an 20 minutes is boring no matter the mechanics. While his mechanics are a lot stronger, the biggest barrier is still his hp, wich will proof badly for any zerg not geared balanced (so they can still dps fine, unlike full tanky pvt/cleric builds). You see it in Scarlet now already. Bad dps zerg needs 2 min to kill scarlet. Good dps zerg needs 1 min to kill her.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

The new Tequatl O____O

in Tequatl Rising

Raine.1394

Its the, “possibility,” of failure that is likely being referred to as needed, not the failure itself. Success means little if there was no significant possibility of failure.

Apparently you missed the evolution of the Temple of Grenth fight. This was probably the beginning of Anet’s attempt at catering to the mythical hardcore player in GW2. I say mythical because, while they exist on the forums they are nowhere to be found in-game. But back to Grenth. They introduced the possibility of failure in what I’ve discovered is the Anet-way. It is currently nearly assured failure on my server so that it fails 99% of the time. Again, humans are not built to endure continuous failure. And, scaling content for mythical players is wrong-headed. Open world PvE should be scaled for the player you find there, i.e., a broad diversity of players. All the major MMO’s understand this except GW2 at the moment. Tiered difficulty belongs in instances. Crushing challenge really has no place in open world PvE in an MMO.