The overreaction is frankly, hilarious.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

I see the doom and gloomers are out in full force. “Oh, it’s all over now. Oh, we’re totally excluded from this content. Oh, Anet sucks. Oh, Anet doesn’t listen. Oh, sPvP is totally ruined.”

What a joke. Try being less drama queens please – quitting a game you don’t pay for monthly that has given you 10x any content that a single player game can offer is laughable. Let me know when you try another MMO or go back to one. The grass ain’t greener and you’ll come crawling back.

But please, keep up the amusement.

We don’t need x amount of new content, we just need GOOOOOD content. Try another mmo? i’m playing GW1 cus that game rules, GW2, ugghhh

Posted by: smezmer.1206

smezmer.1206

It’s not an overreaction, it is a snowballed reaction.

You see with each patch ArenaNet has habitually made design choices that are…well…less than great. With each of those sub-par patches the players patience and goodwill has died a little. From the complete lack of major class balancing, ignoring WvW, Karka chest debacle, Ascended gear introduction, laurel system, and now guild missions; ArenaNet has been angering people.

It happens with every MMO and usually the 6 month mark is the breaking point. ArenaNet has consistently not made good changes and shown that they need “informed” of their poor choices. It just doesn’t help there is 6 months of pent up frustration behind those posts. As the months roll by there might be less posts due to people quitting(reached their breaking point) but they will be more and more hate filled.

This pretty much sums up my take on things. I dont expect to be 100% satisfied with all Anet’s decisions but I had really hoped for better than what they’ve been delivering so far.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I see the doom and gloomers are out in full force. “Oh, it’s all over now. Oh, we’re totally excluded from this content. Oh, Anet sucks. Oh, Anet doesn’t listen. Oh, sPvP is totally ruined.”

What a joke. Try being less drama queens please – quitting a game you don’t pay for monthly that has given you 10x any content that a single player game can offer is laughable. Let me know when you try another MMO or go back to one. The grass ain’t greener and you’ll come crawling back.

But please, keep up the amusement.

I must say logic has taking a back seat to all this drama. So much fear with changes i guess humans have never moved forwarded that far it more on the lines of what changes they fear.

Have you even read what the issues are all about… doooh the players want change, they want new shiny content.. but many of us want to be able to sample all those changes, those nice things we scream for… not feel or be excluded from it….

Have you? You have a game where ppl wanted a reason to be in a guild and they gave it to us. Now that we have content that you cant do day one for the FIRST time in the game something you truly need to work for ppl want smaller guilds (or not guilds) to be the main idea of the game. The community flip flop on there view points.
The logic here is that the community (the form community because its not the same as the gaming community for GW2) seem to not know what they truly want in this game. They only seem to know what they do not want and at that rate nothing will ever get done in this game. So how about we try it for a week or so before we jump to conclusion as things stand the guild mission are not working so NO ONE knows what the rewards are or the limitation of the rewards for not being in the guild that is running it.
So yes logic has taking a back seat to random and pointless rages.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

So you don’t want people to offer criticism for a game they wish to make better in some way. I can understand telling people to complain with some better grammar and restraint on their emotional involvement but to stop it completely would mean no feedback in general. In fact your thread is a bigger waste of time than any complaint out their as complaints are actually offering some sort of context to better the game in a way that person thinks it should be made better. Is it always gonna be a good way? no. How about a well constructed and well thought out complaint? not all the time. Yet their is always something to take from a persons words or else why would they bother posting them unless of course to mess with another person but most of the time those are obvious and a very minor voice in the community.

So do you want to tell the community to shut up completely or are you just trying to give Anet some better constructed and well thought out complaints if so then yes that is what we need more of but Anet has already stated this countless times so you stating it here won’t really help the problem.

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

OP are you serious? I don’t know a single person who hasn’t paid to use the market for gems or gold. They are making huge bank. Every patch is designed to make more money and grind longer. Open your eyes, or your wallet. One or the other.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

…quitting a game you don’t pay for monthly that has given you 10x any content that a single player game can offer is laughable.

That statement is laughable. 10x more content than any SP game can offer? Lulz, not only is it not true, but why are you comparing SP games to GW2…? GW2 cannot be played offline AFAIK.

I’m comparing it to a SP game because you don’t pay for it monthly, unlike most MMO’s. Name one SP game that can even come close. You can’t do it. Try again.

Skyrim.

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

…quitting a game you don’t pay for monthly that has given you 10x any content that a single player game can offer is laughable.

That statement is laughable. 10x more content than any SP game can offer? Lulz, not only is it not true, but why are you comparing SP games to GW2…? GW2 cannot be played offline AFAIK.

I’m comparing it to a SP game because you don’t pay for it monthly, unlike most MMO’s. Name one SP game that can even come close. You can’t do it. Try again.

Skyrim.

Shogun 2 (300 hours played according to Steam)
Crusader Kings 2 (400 hours)

Posted by: Odinsfury.8360

Odinsfury.8360

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

Next

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Skyrim.

Shogun 2 (300 hours played according to Steam)
Crusader Kings 2 (400 hours)

If were going by hours played

Demon souls(1000+ hours)
Dark souls(800+ hours)

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Don’t even want to know how many hours I put into team fortress 2, sure it isn’t single player, but it didn’t cost me a dime. In fact, I put more money into this game than I ever put into that other MMO. Exactly as they planned.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

I suppose the point is made. The whole idea of “Single player games offer less than MMOs!” stems from the haydays of Everquest and UO, where they actually were the games you could play the longest.

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

Skyrim.

I would have listed this actually, but have only heard things from friends; never played it myself.

I’d allllllmost even make a stretch and say that Dragon’s Dogma has more content than GW2, at least that game has New Game+, multiple endings and choices that influence your story, 200 character levels, and an ex-pac coming soon. :P TBH, it is really the only RPG-ish game I’ve played lately other than GW2 (which I have played religiously since beta). Before GW2 I was playing GW1 heavily, and would probably go back but most people left for the “next big thing,” haha. Ironic.

BTW, I wholeheartedly recommend Dragon’s Dogma if you own a console. Now that is real “action combat.” It’s kept me on hiatus from GW2 for nearly 3 weeks straight! And the Dragon encounters in DD make the ones in GW2 just look completely pathetic, it’s sad really considering the Dragons in GW2 are your primary nemesis…I dunno if I can stand beating on a Dragons foot for 5 minutes after playing the intense and very mobile encounters in DD, lulz.

(edited by Idolicious.6091)

Posted by: Tsubaki.8732

Tsubaki.8732

how about we try it for a week or so before we jump to conclusion as things stand the guild mission are not working so NO ONE knows what the rewards are or the limitation of the rewards for not being in the guild that is running it.

We already know what the limitations are when you’re not in the guild which started the event, there are official posts about that. If it is a bounty hunt and you are not in the guild which started it, all you get is standard event rewards (karma, xp, money). You do NOT get guild merits. If it is some other event with a chest at the end (guild puzzle etc.), you get the chest rewards, but again no guild merits.

So you cannot “lvl up” your own guild by participating in other guilds’ events, you actually have to get to art of war 5 / guild bounty hunt and then do your own guild events until you can get other guild event types.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Stark has a point, and that point is that often well reasoned and formatted complaints about new systems are drowned in a sea of:

NOW I HAVE TO GRIND X

and

YOU SAID PLAY YOUR WAY

I’ve posted my thoughts on the system. I don’t agree with gating the content behind a single tree rather than letting each one have its own “ultimate unlock” in the form of guild missions.

I’m no less excited about guild missions. If the requirements are reworked, that’s fine, but rest assured that if it doesn’t happen this week it’s simply not going to. At that point you can either whine about it for months after it’s already clear the developers have commited to it (See: Ascended gear) Adapt to and live with the new system, despite its percieved flaws, or vote with your credit cards after stating how you feel about them.

We banked influence, liquidated some things, and are holding that influence to see what happens with this. If AoW>Bounties>Now Your Other Upgrades Count is the way things are, that’s what we’ll be doing. We’ll Complain among ourselves about it but rest assured in the knowledge that everyone else is subject to the same system.

The best you can do is state your opinion in a feedback thread (preferably worded calmly and reasonably) and then decide if the thing you disagree with is a dealbreaker, or if you’re willing to put up with the one crappy thing you dislike on virtue of all the stuff you do like about the game.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ