The struggle for Legendaries... or is it?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Anet already said they will add Precursor crafting, so just get all the other requirements done and wait/relax! Besides, having a Legendary doesn’t change anything!

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Anet already said they will add Precursor crafting, so just get all the other requirements done and wait/relax! Besides, having a Legendary doesn’t change anything!

“They” have said a few things that has never happened, “The Manifesto” was the first and only gets worse.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

One of the main things, that keep me in game, is playing the class I like to play when I feel like it. So meanwhile I have a level 80 of each class.

I’ve played MMOs in which it took you ages just to get a decent equip just for one char, which kept me from seriously playing other chars.

I value being able to equip all my classes well more than an extremly expensive weapon stuck. The Accountbound and Statchange attributes are nice. But for now I’m slowly leveling my professions to 500. Costs enough time and money already.

Apart from that often the Legis don’t fit to the outfits due to the colorful rainbows, and clipping ….

Posted by: Teknogeddon.4523

Teknogeddon.4523

I personally spaced out the grind for my legendary Kudzu. The precursor was a gift from a friend before he pretty much quit, so I figured I may as well go through with it. This was earlier in the game when the pre was still pretty cheap to be honest. (I did try not to take it. He insisted.)
It took me two years to finish the bow. I’d farm a little, take a break, farm, break farm break farm and take a break. I had several bouts of ‘maybe I shouldn’t do this’ or just lazily standing around in LA talking to people.
I’ve heard of some people getting them in a month or less with hardcore grinding, but I’d rather enjoy myself. The dungeon gold system does help make this easier for us though.

I happen to really love my legendary. I play with the flowers, I create little mini fields around my friends, I pew pew and birds sing to me. I make elitist jokes and enjoy the few benefits of having one. The game hasn’t changed, only my bow did.

Just set yourself a goal for the day. For a while mine was 5 gold a day. This is 2-5 dungeons. Not hard, run all the CoE paths, and then the two AC ones. Easy.
Once I was comfortable with that, I upped it. Goal is now 10g. 15g. I want this stack of mats. Ok now this— choose to get the gold in a fast easy way you like. For me this is dungeoning. The only thing I ran out into the field to grind was the stuff for my gift of nature, and that involved deforestation.

Break it down into manageable amounts and get the hard stuff out of the way first. This would be the pre, the Gift of fortune, Gift of Frostfang, exploration, and then mastery. The last thing I personally finished was the Bloodstone shard, I kept using my skillpoints to make more mats so I found myself broke on them. 3 Days of hardcore Crown Pavilion gold farming and I was at 200.

Once finished, I posted it in the map chat, got my snaps and then some from guildies. It was nice to have it done and a fun adventure while it lasted. Now I can work on other pain in the butt things like ascended gear and backpieces. (fun!)

I personally enjoy dungeons. CoE, HotW, and Arah being some of my favorites. Fractals are also a lot of fun, when you have people that talk and have a sense of humor. Get yourself a group of your friends and go do these things, the grind seems a lot less so when you’re in good company.

I can’t stand running alone, I just want to be around the internet names and faces I dare call friends. Call them up on skype or TS and get some stuff running. It’ll be a long stretch, but someday it will be yours if you want it.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

After reading through all these comments, i’m not sure who was the one talking about how it’s not a grind of you really want the Legendary: Yes, it is a grind. No matter what you say or how you think about getting that weapon, it will still cost the same and it will still take long to get it.

Then reevaluate your priorities. Honestly, it’s a broken record. If it’s something you really want, it won’t be a grind. It won’t happen in a day – but it’ll be about two or three months at least if you manage what you currently have. The road to a Precursor can be a grind but that’s crappy RNG which has been debated for a while.

If you really don’t have the time to manage that, I fail to see why you’re complaining. Seems like you should just uninstall the game because obviously your life is so full that any amount of timely effort is beneath you.

I see someone is upset, just don’t know why. Did you really expect everyone to say “Ooohh you have a Legendary, you are awesome!!44!” ?

My point still stands: It won’t change anything about the way to acquire the needed mats/items if you really want that weapon. It just won’t. It’s still considered a grind, especially when Legendaries are not even special anymore, since a lot of people run around with them.

Also, complaining? Where did i complain? I reacted to your dumb comments, which failed to make any sense so far, and you just outright failed to understand my own comments. Please, just try to get yourself in a better shape, or just don’t even post.

Why would I want anyone to ogle over my Legendary? I didn’t get it for other people, I got it for me – and that’s the point: If you get something for yourself it’s not so much of a grind and more or less a goal.

All of your posts about how much of a grind Legendary is seems to be just a constant complaint of how much of a grind it is. Except a grind’s subjective – and if someone feels like it’s a grind there’s an amount of self-awareness and evaluation they need to look into. A game shouldn’t feel grindy, even something as massive of a goldsink as a Legendary – if it’s something a person truly wants, the grindy feeling diminishes.

From the very OP you just complained about a grind that most people who have worked on Legendary weapons haven’t felt. Thus, the problem is likely with you and not with the so-called “grind.”

Posted by: OneLouder.2807

OneLouder.2807

I feel the same way about GW2 as I do about cars and how people modify them. You paid for it, enjoy it however you like, and don’t worry so much about what other people think. As these posts indicate, how people enjoy the game will vary.

This is a small tangent but what really annoyed me in other threads on this topic were when people with Legendaries take the “it was hard for me so it should be hard for you” attitude, or even worse, “you must not know how to work hard so quit trying to make it easy”.

Getting a Legendary is not hard work. It’s time consuming, which is different from hard work. Hard work is working in a coal mine. Hard work is working two jobs and raising a family. People with Legendary weapons a) had a lot of time to devote to the game and b) enjoyed different tasks you have to do in order to earn that much gold/components. And that’s OK – I’m not making a value judgment. Just some people have that kind of time, and others don’t. And getting a Legendary takes an extraordinary amount of time. More so than any other achievement in any other game I’ve ever played.

Which brings me back to is it worth it. I really wanted Bolt. Still do. Not because anyone will think I’m cool, but I’ve defeated every single game I’ve played in the past 20 years and it was a challenge I wanted to achieve. But I got about 4 months into it and realized how much time this was really going to take. I can only play maybe 4-5 hrs a week. That’s enough to farm about ~15g per week (on a good week). So Zap was going to take 73 weeks all by itself. Almost a year and a half. Really? I also concluded that farming like that was just not enjoyable. I don’t mind a grind – I don’t even mind a grind for 3-4 months. If I saw light at the end of the tunnel I’d keep going, but this is ridiculous. Then I thought about all the game content I’m ignoring because I’m too busy farming and decided that exploring the other facets of the game was what I really wanted to do.

I’ve decided to let it go for now, and work on getting Ascended/Exotic gear for my four characters. Just started a new Mesmer for something different and that’s been a lot of fun. I’d rather have four “fully loaded” characters than one with Bolt. Maybe if anet provides other ways to get a precursor I’ll think about it again.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I’d rather have four “fully loaded” characters than one with Bolt.

Well, unless you really, really like your main.

But tbh, I am inclined to agree. I have Bifrost on my Mesmer and is in the progress of making Rodgort for her as well (I really spoil her, sigh) but it has been an insanely expensive quest. It still is. Hell, it becomes even more expensive with time. When I made Bifrost the basic materials where probably half the cost they are now.

In hindsight… I cannot really recommend a legendary to anyone. Sure the stat swapping is sweet and now they are account bound which is even sweeter, but you might as well buy a bigger bag and have 10 different exotic weapons in inventory for all your characters – it’ll cost far, far less and give you some variety, not to mention you can replace one of them for a pittance. Some of the “basic” skins (ie 100-200g ones) are really neat as well. Screw bolt, dualwielding Firebringer ftw :p

They really are too expensive now. But I guess that’s why they are called legendaries…

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

And getting a Legendary takes an extraordinary amount of time. More so than any other achievement in any other game I’ve ever played.

I think this might actually be an important factor too: what you’re used to from other games.

Most of the games I play are long RPGs or RTSs, they might not necessarily have a lot of grind but it still takes a long time to do anything, even finishing the tutorial can take over an hour.

I also play a lot of JPRGS (single-player, not MMOs) which really do have a lot of grind. And not optional grind like making a legendary, sooner or later you’ll have to grind just to level up and if you change anything, switch class or add a new party member, even equip a new kind of weapon you’ll have to start from level 1 again. If you don’t feel like going around and around the highest level area you’ve reached fighting the same enemies over and over your alternative is to turn the game off and do something else.

Long-term goals in games don’t intimidate me. I knew when I started making a legendary that it would take me a very long time (especially since I’ve chosen not to actually grind, I just play what I feel like and put whatever I get towards it, even if that means 1g a day, or every other day). But I’m fine with that. It’s something to look forward to, not only finally getting the legendary but each little step along the process.

Whereas I can imagine if you’re used to games that move quicker and where everything is obtainable without consciously devoting time towards it then making a legendary would be off-putting.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

The only Legendary about these weapons are they grinding time,nothing more nothing less.

and I just say I got more fans with this armor/weapon/shield than many others with full Ascended and 2-3 Legendaries.

http://imageshack.com/a/img822/9126/bv70.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img823/5025/9yer.jpg

Attachments:

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Weirdly enough, I do actually craft legendaries for fun.

Made 2 and on my third one. I don’t really craft them because I want the weapon itself, but because I need an objective in MMOs.

Getting the precursor is a pain in the kitten that should be changed, but after you got past that abomination, looking at the mats stacking up is what drives me to do dungeons and play the game.

Yeah, weird, I know.

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Legendary is the only long horizontal progression goal in this game, not well designed (because you need to grind golds and buy what you need from tp) but it’s the only “big quest” for pve.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Also I have fractal weapons since they have more skill status than a legendary and hardly anyone cares about them either. Only fractal weapon anyone ever mentioned to me was when I was using a fractal sword and that was once in like a year.

Can anyone post how many comments they get on their legendary per month in terms of compliments? Does anyones jaw drop when they see one?

I had someone’s jaw drop when I showed them that new panda for a festival reward.

Well..why would you do it for someone else? o0
I don’t get this line of thinking myself. If I go for something, I’m doing so because I like it, not because other people might like it.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

The only Legendary about these weapons are they grinding time,nothing more nothing less.

and I just say I got more fans with this armor/weapon/shield than many others with full Ascended and 2-3 Legendaries.

THIS IS . . . . . . !

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m going for a legendary. I’ve not made my mind up about which one, maybe sunrise/twilight or The Flameseeker Prophercies. I’m slowly getting everything I need, but it’s not my all consuming goal. I’ll get there when I get there. Maybe if I get a precursor that will make my mind up for me, but I’m not that lucky.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

All I can say is…… Epic.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

When I look at that I think, “Tonight… we dine IN HELL!”.

Good job dude!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Also for people defending getting the Dreamer I think of the Dreamer as simply a joke item. Its like putting on the skull for exploding grunt pinatas on the game Halo. Its not big and bad but rarely just a side laugh. I mean you can keep blowing up grunts into pinatas for a while and enjoy it. The essence of the game starts feeling lost though and starts feel like a joke with bursting pinatas and rainbows flying around.

Some people might actually look at you in a negative way due to having the Dreamer legendary. It is like forcing people to use big head modes when they don’t want to. Luckily they made big heads mode only if you click on that table so you don’t have to be forced to see people with over sized heads to ruin the game like the Dreamer can for some people.

I think it’s safe to say that people getting The Dreamer, even more so than other legendaries, don’t care what other people think of it or them. They’re getting it because they like it.

Honestly if you choose your gear based on what you think will please other people then it doesn’t matter how easy or hard it is to get, you’re wasting your time because for every person who likes it there will be at least one other who doesn’t and one who doesn’t even care enough to look.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

I had a whole paragraph typed out then realized no one cares and deleted it. Bottom line, craft a legendary if you really want it just remember to have fun. Don’t want a legendary? That’s cool too do whatever the kitten makes you happy in game.

Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

One really cool feature of legedaries though is the ability to switch stats at any given time(ooc).

Posted by: longshot.1397

longshot.1397

Why is it a grind. That has such bad sound to it.
to me a grind says, gotta get it now, gotta be leet. A goal on the other handis something to achieve.

personally, I have been playing for almost 2 years. I set a goal and it happens, not as fast as the grinders, but I get there. Now I have full light ascended armor I crafted. I crafted rodgorts, and now I am close to finishing gift of fortune.

Its all about attitude, if you grind it, its a bad thing, if you achieve a goal its good. If you set your goal as not wanted legendary (for example) great, but you still have goals.. have fun, be top player, have good looking skins, relax, enjoy the game else you mght as well call it a day.

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I’m currently making Rodgort, only a few obby shards left. I want it because it looks like it’s got something to say with its mouth opening and closing

But really, no one else will care about me having it but myself and I’m sure I’ll grow bored of it eventually. It’s just pixels anyway. No bragging rights there^^

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

At the end of the day its just a skin. A skin that doesn’t have status like a Ferrari car would have. I see several legendarily everywhere in town. In fact they kind of just blend in for me now and I say meh when I see them on people. A Ferrari I rarely see so you now better understand the limited status a legendary has. For myself the skin is not high enough quality for the cost. For 3000 gold I would have to have something so good that everyone in town is in awe of what I am holding. Current legendaries do not do that.

The thing is though, even if you DID have some super-ultra-rare skin, the majority of players still would not care. They want other people to pay attention to THEM.

As an example, I had somebody ask me just yesterday where I got my Fiery Dragon Sword skin from. He wasn’t interested in how I looked; he just wanted to know where he could get one for himself.

So at the end of the day, get Legendaries or other expensive skins if YOU like the look of them. I guarantee that the vast majority of GW2 players will be unimpressed by you, no matter what you’re using.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I’ll be riding the popularity wave of my Greatsaw to the very end

If you want to be a special snowflake, most legendaries ironically are not the way to go. In fact, they’ve become so common it’s getting annoying (like half the screen turning black from 20 Twighlights).

So unless you really like the skin, be it part of some theme you have going or whatnot, or it’s the “equip a legendary” icon that bothers you, I would hold off on them.

In the end they are still a huge grindfest to get.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: kanarek.8025

kanarek.8025

I’ll be riding the popularity wave of my Greatsaw to the very end

If you want to be a special snowflake, most legendaries ironically are not the way to go. In fact, they’ve become so common it’s getting annoying (like half the screen turning black from 20 Twighlights).

So unless you really like the skin, be it part of some theme you have going or whatnot, or it’s the “equip a legendary” icon that bothers you, I would hold off on them.

In the end they are still a huge grindfest to get.

For me It was personal goal – game is relax for me after work. And I am happy I successfully complete it. I was doing dungeons before, so nothing changed. I just start do more events in orr which was pretty fun before megaserver come. Then I do some WvW which was completelly new for me and now I can return there whenever I want and I know what to do. It wasn’t rush for one and only item. Meanwhile I level up more characters, level up crafting and learn something more about loot from monsters.

And that blame about precursor.. Well.. Traiding post is part of the game. Everybody use traiding post since level 1. Somebody sell materials for gold. Somebody buy materials to make rare’s and try luck in mystic forge.. Somebody will get lucky and sell precursor.. It is important part of the game..

(edited by kanarek.8025)

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Many people have no jobs or anything going for them in life and rely on a legendary for self validation.

I find that quite offensive, I imagine most of the GW2 community that has obtained a legendary have jobs or school and lives that take precedence over the game. They choose to get a Legendary because they like it.

You talk about the Juggernaut as if the aesthetic appeal is an objective matter. News flash: It is not.

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

So, i have been stocking up on mats needed to craft Frostfang for a while now. I thought to myself “i will slowly gather these and when i finally get enough gold to get the other parts needed, i will have most of the mats already, that will be fun!”.

Then when i was playing yesterday, i turned into a Snow Leopard with a tonic, then kept fooling around with 2 other people in a town for half an hour, smiling and laughing all along, having way more fun than actually thinking about having a really really expensive weapon.

That was the moment when i realized why it’s so pointless to “grind” for Legendaries. The game does not get more fun just because i have one. I imagine it to be like the main story of Skyrim… once i completed it, i lost 60% of my motivation to do anything else in the world, since it did not feel threatened anymore and i haven’t even got proper “cheering” for it, just a oneliner of a thanks, exactly like for saving a random farmer’s chicken.

That’s how i imagine Legendaries. I would get it finally, after months, hell maybe a year, then there it is. It sits in my inventory or in my characters hands, i run around with the effects for 5 minutes, then realize that nothing has changed and nobody cares… and they are right, why should they?

What do you guys most enjoy in the game? Do you actually want a Legendary and if so, why?

Looks like you’ve finally seen how pointless 99.9% of games are when you only focus on the shinies! You make your own fun, Devs just provide the playground.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Aside from the grind, what’s so legendary about Legendaries?

No lore, no good backstory, no quests…..just RNG and grind. Or buy em from the cash shop.

Not worth it.

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

I think everyone who wants a legendary should have one, I don’t really want one but would be very happy to sell you all the crafting materials you need to help you with that mat grind.

Posted by: mhamilton.3095

mhamilton.3095

Thanks for all the replys to this thread gave me lots of food for thought .

I uninstalled gw2 3 weeks ago about trying to get an Legendry . Its not the grinding that p…… me off ,it’s the fact you need to go into pvp to attain world explorer achieve.
Which to me is totally wrong as as far as I am concerned its a PVE Achieve.
I am sure I am not the only player who thinks this is wrong .

Posted by: AIex.4105

AIex.4105

ive finaly finish my sunrize and im happy but I have the bad feeling that som1 with alot of money can get it in less than 1 minute, while I had to struggle and farm gold for mounths wich is not fair yes is just a cosmetic item but it leaves a bad taste that rich ppl can get it just like that, and the fact that I can only equip it with 1 character only leaves a bad taste too.

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I think some of the arguments against (and occasionally for) legendaries are thinking about it the wrong way.

-No, people aren’t going to care because you have one

-No, it’s not that much of a status symbol

-If you’re "grinding for a legendary (aside from the precursor which i’ll note next) then you probably shouldn’t get one. I’ve almost finished mine and none of it has been a grind, and most of my funds have came from WvW of all places.

-It’s widely accepted that precursors being grindy is a thing, but it’s also widely accepted that it is a problem as well.

basically, most people make a legendary just because they like it. not because it’s a statement of any kind. just like you may like the CoF armor, we like our legendary of choice. am I getting kudzu? yes, because it’s my favorite longbow skin. will I get sunrise or twilight for my secondary weapon? no, because the Jade Avenger is my favorite greatsword skin, and I’m getting that next.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I would like to one day obtain a legendary, but the things that deter me from getting one is:

1) Uber amounts of money (it doesn’t grow on trees y’know)
2) Dungeon tokens required for certain gifts (I don’t like doing dungeons and I shouldn’t have to be forced into doing them – what was that quote Anet made in the beginning… “play the way you want?”. Well, if you’re forcing me to do dungeons which I don’t want to do, I can’t play the way I want)

Until there are alternative ways of obtaining legendaries (I.E. swapping out dungeon tokens for badges of honor or some other currency that you’re comfortable in grinding hours and hours for), I don’t think I’ll ever have one, and I’ll have to be ok with that.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

2) Dungeon tokens required for certain gifts (I don’t like doing dungeons and I shouldn’t have to be forced into doing them – what was that quote Anet made in the beginning… “play the way you want?”. Well, if you’re forcing me to do dungeons which I don’t want to do, I can’t play the way I want)

you probably already know this, but you can get dungeon tokens from the pvp reward tracks now, just to let you know.

also, not to say it’s wrong to play how you want (I don’t like dungeons either) but I think it’s only something around 8 dungeon runs? in the long terms of crafting a legendary, it’s not really that much time :P

not to mention legendaries are (well, at least, supposed to be) indicative of mastering every aspect of the game

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Legendaries actually do make the game more fun.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Having a long term goal makes the game more enjoyable.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Having a long term goal makes the game more enjoyable.

I get what you’re saying here, and I agree, most games are more fun with long-term goals and such.

In this case, however, if this ridiculous legendary grind, with no imaginative story behind it, no interesting quests, no lore…just grind, horrible RNG (for a precursor), or simply (tada!) buy the thing with real life cash….

If THIS is making the game more enjoyable…something is very, very wrong…

Posted by: asterix.9614

asterix.9614

You hit the thing right there. The reasons you stated for halting your quest for a legendary are pretty much exactly why I stopped trying to make one (that I would keep). I actually did the grind for Sunrise, just to see how long it would take. I almost uninstalled the game, I was soooo fed up with grinding. I ended up selling it because with that 2000g I received, I outfitted ALL my characters with many, many other things. It was a good decision.

Having a legendary will not make the game more fun. People will not “oooooh” and “aaaaahhh” over your shiny. No one cares, especially since any person with a credit card can buy the actual legendary. And ya, once you have what you wanted so bad… then what? Try to enjoy just playing. It’s so much better.

You sold your Sunrise for 2000 gold I would have paid you 3000 gold for it

I am playing that game where the floor is made out of lava, imma stuck in bed

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

If only didn’t look hideous...

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

I really wish I had the Juggernaut, but I will never make a legendary, I play this game to have fun and the whole legendary grind would ruin my experience, I’ve tried, and it sadly isn’t for me. Still really want one tho.

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

I was originally one of the people who created matching legendaries… one week before the announcement of the wardrobe.

And OP is right. People just don’t give a kitten. Whenever I try to explain, “Hey, I was basically cheated out of 500$ in gems worth of work…” I only see “Well, stat changes are with the 2000g it takes!” Which, objectively, is false (52g crafting cost times 16 stat combos equals 832) or “Oh well, sucks to be you” as if it was my fault and I could have prevented it “had I played the game properly” or some other crap.

After that, I stopped caring about legendaries. And mostly, Guild Wars 2 in general. I sent in a ticket and they refused to reimburse me, and I told them off by saying I would no longer spend my usual 20$ every month in their cash shop, because there’s very little I can otherwise do, I suppose except enduring the contempt of the community here when I explain my problem.

Posted by: Bolthar.7192

Bolthar.7192

It is my opinion that people pursue legendary weapons because it is one of the few items in the game that means something. They say you have accomplished something large.

This is why I wish ANet would add content locked armor and weapon skins for PvP, Dungeons and WvW and release new sets in seasons. Then players can work toward something else that shows achievement by doing the content they enjoy the most.

Posted by: Zaggotto.6981

Zaggotto.6981

Me personally i hope they allow crafter’s to make the precurser’s since they have taken it away from mob drops an made it practically impossible to get in the mystic forge. Infact most players have to save an buy the weapon instead of getting it through game play. i mean all they would have to do is make precurser’s like ascended weapons. It would allow for those to craft more to be able to create one an they would have to grind alot to get the account bound materials to create the precurser.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Legendaries are like diamonds. They’re sparkly and rare, but not actually that great for anything. Like diamonds, most of their value comes from people thinking that they’re valuable.

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

While I would agree that legendaries are like diamonds, but disagree that they aren’t that great for anything. I have all my gifts for my future Predator (with the exception of a couple of vistas in WVW and of course the precursor). It’s my final goal in GW2 to save my gold for the pre and finish her up. I don’t have the money IRL to buy it, but hopefully, it won’t be too long. Not a status symbol, but something I want one of my girls to have because she would look gorgeous with it.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah. The “ooh and ahh” was back in 2012. I remember doing the karka event and someone had The Dreamer. A lot of people were asking the player to show it off for them. The same was likely the case with the other legendaries. Nowadays, it’s no different than a fractal weapon.

The only reason that I could see going for one is if you love the look or you want the convenience for changing stats. I just craft them and sell them as I can make more use out of the gold such as equipping everyone with ascended.