They spent 2 years

They spent 2 years

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I have to admit, even though the designs may be… different, the functionality is appealing (will vary person-to-person).

I guess the silver-lining is that when it’s crafted, it’s the entire set – free to mix and match – and not an outfit.

The heavy armor looks sick, though, if that’s your thing.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

They spent 2 years

Posted by: Rednova.5283

Rednova.5283

Statistically speaking, it is near impossible for ANET to create an armor style that caters to everybody.

They can, however, design many different styles with strong, distinct themes that appeal to different player tastes.

Instead, we’re getting trenchcoat nº233 and “Let’s add skulls and spikes everywhere” nº177. (Except they’re shiny now…)

True, they can add different styles and I’m sure they will for different legendary armors. The only problem is they have to create 3 different armor weights each time they add a set while also considering different character models which probably means it takes a little longer than creating a weapon.

I have never done graphic design of this level so I can’t say how long it should take to create this number of combinations and unless someone has a portfolio of similar styled artwork then who are any of us to say how many armor sets they should have created in a set amount of time?

They spent 2 years

Posted by: Katastroff.1045

Katastroff.1045

Top right of the page, LOTS of material to work with as for armor art.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Armor

But a medium longcoat armor again???

Really?
Really???

I’m beginning to feel it was a wrong move to spit up $20 on gems last nite…

Why simplify things when its so easy to complicate them ?

They spent 2 years

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Making the ugliest looking Armors they could make. Another trench coat for medium. Why am I even surprised?

Must agree and thought the same thing. Seriously? Trench coats . . . again? And locked behind raid content? Lovely. Well . . . now I know I won’t bother.

Please, no more content locked behind raids. Or at least gives casuals another route to gain said content or achievements.

Really not loving this direction for the game.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

They spent 2 years

Posted by: Fenryr.1427

Fenryr.1427

unhelpful fanboys like it, no new news there, but from a quality standpoint and time given to complete the armors, they are quite dated and do not fit the game art at all.

They spent 2 years

Posted by: Codes.6870

Codes.6870

GG! Wish we had unlimited wardrobe changes on them. Don’t want to waste transmutation stones. lol

They spent 2 years

Posted by: Enokitake.1742

Enokitake.1742

The medium armor is lacking… plus they made another trenchcoat? Couldn’t draw inspiration from the majority of GW1 ranger/assassin armors that aren’t trenchcoats? Lets make another one but with sparkle. :|

(edited by Enokitake.1742)

They spent 2 years

Posted by: Moderator

This thread is being locked. In order to ensure our forums are pleasant and safe for all forum members, we expect all contributors to be respectful of one another, and that includes members of the ArenaNet staff. You may not post rude comments directed towards our staff, teams, or the company. Thanks for your understanding.