Things I'm not happy about with GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spryt.8012

Spryt.8012

I still think 50 times is way too much. that is still 50 hours to get one set of armor you may only like for a week.

and that is if you complete each run in an hour.

It’s all optional. If you want to grind a instance to look cool then it’s up to you. Remember it only turns into a grind if you let it. Nobody says you have to do it all at once. As it’s all cosmetic you don’t need any of it to do any other content. So it’s up to you if you want to grind each dungeon 3 times a day or 3 times a month.

Posted by: muthax.4720

muthax.4720

The amount of nonsense and rage in this forum is getting out of hand. A lot of people who has no idea what they talking about and just angry because this isn’t another crappy hamster wheel, doesn’t understand how the game works and just keeps on whining. If anet doesn’t start a cleanup operation all this is going to have a very negative impact, because the loudest voices are always the most heard.

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

I’m getting real tired of seeing this forum descend into another ‘I hate the game so I will post in the forum that I hate the game’

So, for every negative thread I see, I will put the universe back in balance and say
I am loving the game
edited by moderator : caps

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Kids wanting everything in one week, that is the problem with the MMO genre these days. Blizzard can be blamed for a good portion of that player mindset. Its a complete lose / lose situation, get it all and they complain, can’t get it fast enough and they complain, grind too much and they complain, etc.

It is beyond pathetic.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

You can explain it as simply as you possibly can: it will still go over people’s heads because they are ducking.

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

It’s funny how, before release, every time somebody suggested there might be a grind, they were countered with the argument that you can get a piece of dungeon armor in 1-2 runs, which was true. Now, that the cost was increased tenfold from beta to release, the fanboys use the argument that you shouldn’t expect to get it easily. Will you people always defend ArenaNet no matter what they do?

Not to mention transmutation stones. They said they removed them from karma vendors because they didn’t feel right about it and looked into redistributing them in the world. They sure did one hell of a job. I’ve got 2 level 60 characters, one level 80 and I’ve barely gotten 15 fine stones. Cash shop for the win!

This company is flat-out lying. What’s even worse than that, players are willing to swallow all the dung they are throwing at us. By God, I’m so bitter right now that I hope that they end up taking up even more enjoyment from the game to sell for gems, so that you all may actually wake up and realize you should have spoken up now.

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.

Gauradan.8361

I’m getting real tired of seeing this forum descend into another ‘I hate the game so I will post in the forum that I hate the game’

So, for every negative thread I see, I will put the universe back in balance and say
I am loving the game

That’s the problem, genius. The people who are complaining love the game or at least what the game was promising to be up until a couple of months ago. That’s why we’re complaining, because we’re hoping that if we speak loud enough, someone will hear us.
If I downright hated the game, I wouldn’t be here wasting my time arguing with fanboys like yourself.

Posted by: Wolfgrey.2049

Wolfgrey.2049

It’s funny how, before release, every time somebody suggested there might be a grind, they were countered with the argument that you can get a piece of dungeon armor in 1-2 runs, which was true. Now, that the cost was increased tenfold from beta to release, the fanboys use the argument that you shouldn’t expect to get it easily. Will you people always defend ArenaNet no matter what they do?

Not to mention transmutation stones. They said they removed them from karma vendors because they didn’t feel right about it and looked into redistributing them in the world. They sure did one hell of a job. I’ve got 2 level 60 characters, one level 80 and I’ve barely gotten 15 fine stones. Cash shop for the win!

This company is flat-out lying. What’s even worse than that, players are willing to swallow all the dung they are throwing at us. By God, I’m so bitter right now that I hope that they end up taking up even more enjoyment from the game to sell for gems, so that you all may actually wake up and realize you should have spoken up now.

You can exchange gold for gems and get those fine stones easy. Congrats!

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

I still think 50 times is way too much. that is still 50 hours to get one set of armor you may only like for a week.

and that is if you complete each run in an hour.

It’s all optional. If you want to grind a instance to look cool then it’s up to you. Remember it only turns into a grind if you let it. Nobody says you have to do it all at once. As it’s all cosmetic you don’t need any of it to do any other content. So it’s up to you if you want to grind each dungeon 3 times a day or 3 times a month.

Exactly. Do 1 dungeon a week and you’ll get the set eventually. It’s not on some timer that means when you do 1 run you have 4 days to get the rest of the tokens or else the armour vendor disappears.

Play normally and have some patience. This is the least grindy mmo out there.

Gauradan.8361

You can exchange gold for gems and get those fine stones easy. Congrats!

How easily? Have you seen how high gem prices have gone in the past few days?

How about the rest of my post? Why did you take that out of context? I mentioned the stones not because I couldn’t afford them but because it was just another example of how ArenaNet changed stuff in the game without thinking about the players.

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Goose

What happened to this game being for the people who don’t have time to play the game religiously?

This is one of the few games where gear does not matter, so why do you feel you had to grind?

It’s not like you being unable to get that plissed garb NAO is going to make you lose at PvP.
You can just gather the mats in 10 days instead of 1 or you can play 10 instances over 10 weeks instead of 1.

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

I bought and received the game I was promised and I’m really enjoying it.

I have enough cash for what I want to do and I don’t feel obliged to replay content unless I want to. I’ve made a couple of purchases from the Gem store with real money because I wanted to, not because I felt I needed to. I play for an amount of time almost every evening that is, I feel, in proportion to the rest of my work/family/other commitments balance without feeling that I am missing out, in anyway.

I can understand the frustration of the OP, but I don’t share it. I don’t think anyone will provide an answer that satisfies the OP because the matter being discussed is more to do with their perception of how things should be than it is with the design mechanics of the game – which, I feel, are entirely consistent with the stated aims of the game designers, even with the changes and modifications that have been made since beta.

I really don’t know what else to say.

Posted by: dpandakun.3174

dpandakun.3174

i dont play this game to become the strongest or the richest, or even the most famous person in entire GW2.
i play it simply because its fun!
i dont care how long i need to forge my legendary weapon
perhaps 1 year, perhaps more, perhaps less
but when i do eventually get it, i will look back with a smile full of satisfaction
it’s been a journey, and finally im among the legendaries!

my suggestion is, relax and enjoy the game, no need to rush
dont make playing this as an obligation, play it simply because u want to be in it

:)

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

So if the game is all about aesthetics why do they make it such a godkittenchore to make yourself look pretty? Why would I bother? I’m all for an aesthetics based game but it makes no sense for me to care enough to do the same dungeon 70 times. Like I said, I don’t have time. I CAN’T play the game how they want me to.

The rewards aint going anywhere
Even after 3 years or 3 x-packs
Play 1 dungeon per month , and in 3 years u will have the set
3 years is enought time for u ?

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

How many times does it have to be said that the gear grind is totally optional?

In this game, you can get max stat gear without (much) grinding. If you want max stat gear that also has a particular look, you have to grind for it.

i.e. unlike every other MMO, YOU DON’T HAVE TO GRIND FOR EFFECTIVENESS.

Simples.

Now, some people like that, and others don’t. But what you can’t say is that you’re “forced” to grind.

Posted by: Gareth Porlest.7209

Gareth Porlest.7209

All I’m saying is the optional gear grind in this game shouldn’t be harder than it was in Guild Wars. Why would they go a route that makes more people unhappy. The unhappy people in this thread were happy with how Guild Wars did it. The happy people in this thread were happy with how Guild Wars did it.

So why the hell would they want to make one piece of the customer base unhappy when they didn’t have to?

It’s perfectly easy for them to adjust the mobs in each dungeon so they have a chance to drop the tokens required for the armor for that dungeon. Kind of like the majority of the mobs in FoW had a chance to drop shards.

The grind lessens, people who want it right away don’t have to endure something that Anet shouldn’t have implemented the way they did in the first place and the people who want to take their time can do that as well.

Posted by: Sazgo.9842

Sazgo.9842

I would rather explore the world getting 100%. Or just roaming between 3 orr zones doing DE’s to grind karma with doing a few dungeons than doing smite crawler runs for weeks. This is a better grind than gw1.

My only complaint is i wish they would of made karma account based. After hitting 100% you feel pretty much forced into doing cursed shore events as only way to gain that currency. It would be nice if i could go back and do the other areas with hearts again on alts and still work towards the gear on my main. Or some way to reset them like a ‘prestige mode’ lol.

(edited by Sazgo.9842)

Posted by: Gareth Porlest.7209

Gareth Porlest.7209

I would rather explore the world getting 100%. Or just roaming between 3 orr zones doing DE’s to grind karma, doing a few dungeons than doing smite crawler runs for weeks. This is a better grind than gw1.

Well yeah I agree I wouldn’t do any farm in any game for weeks, but that’s what was nice about GW. You could get the mats with money too, so you could do anything in the game almost and earn some money, sure it might take longer but..that’s where the effort thing comes in.

For the armor in this game you get 1 way to do it, a stagnant amount of times you have to do it and 3 different experiences. So eventually it’ll get extremely stale but that’s the only way you can acquire it.

Like I said, I don’t want the armor to require less tokens. I want there to be more ways to get the tokens, give the tokens a chance to drop from any mob in the dungeon or hell make the dungeon’s more fun overall. Gives a little bit more incentive to actually want to do the dungeons. I’m sure some people enjoy them right now, but they could do certain things to make others enjoy them as well and keep more people happy…which doesn’t really have a downside.

Posted by: prodigy.1023

prodigy.1023

I am loving the game

That’s the problem, genius. The people who are complaining love the game or at least what the game was promising to be up until a couple of months ago. That’s why we’re complaining, because we’re hoping that if we speak loud enough, someone will hear us.

Your hope is misplaced then. Mods just deleted one of my posts where I responded to a fanboy’s suggestion to “cleanup” these forums (delete all the threads with criticism towards ANet that is). I didn’t use any offensive language (it wouldn’t pass the word filter anyway) and they still deleted my post. Basically this means they support the idea.

So you can cry all day long. Nobody’s listening. ANet is too busy counting our money.

My mesmer’s story ended on 07-Oct-2012.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

You shouldn’t feel forced to repeat cursed shore events (and it seems like they kittened that anyway), when you can get almost as much karma in many other zones for doing their event chains.

Anyway, I don’t have any dungeon gear, but I have extremely good-looking armor. (one is the Orr Karma set). Crafted sets look good, Orders sets look good, etc. You can look pretty fine while working on dungeon gear, I get ogled all the time in my Armageddon armor.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The game we have doesn’t seem to match the manifesto and self-congratulatory proclamations.

Play the way you want to play. But, no, not that way. And not that way.

Exciting world with big dynamic events — but past starter zone, it’s just the same static events, over and over.

Really Rift’s scripted invasions felt bigger and more exciting.

WvW, but god help you if you try to queue. And then get dumped from server so you can start the queue all over.

The dungeons are such a disappointment.

Posted by: Dark Savior.7589

Dark Savior.7589

For my part, I don’t care if the aesthetics are a grind, I do care that you take a loss doing dungeons and waypoints monetarily and that it seems more difficult to get silver and gold out of the game and dungeons than they reap from you. I also wish that dungeon tokens were universal so that while you may have to run A dungeon 70 times to get your armor skins, it wouldn’t necessarily be the same dungeon, which would break up the monotony and make any dungeons run a useful one. My 2 cents.

Posted by: Detahmaio.2014

Detahmaio.2014

Except after you wear the gear from 1-80 you look terrible (It’s all about looks remember). Either you GRIND 45k karma per piece or FARM 9g for the vigil,whispers or priory set. Or you GRIND 20g per piece for cultural or GRIND a dungeon 70 times for a set.

Either way the grind is there it’s just how you want to do it. Other MMO’s give you one option that’s the only difference.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Actually, I haven’t had to grind anything and I look awesome. Mind you, I think the Thief has the best looking armor in the game, but the point stands:

My grind = 0

My awesome = 90% (there’s always room for improvement)

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Erm…My character looks awesome in gear she got simply from reknown heart vendors…

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Detahmaio.2014

Detahmaio.2014

Sorry I play a asura necro my gear by default looks worst than everyone else’s.

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

I read about the game before buying it and got exactly what I was expecting.

Posted by: Nether.5346

Nether.5346

Grind is between the ears.

Posted by: Tusuri.3178

Tusuri.3178

I’m responding to another one of this idiotic kind of threads as I have a quiet day at the office. It’s unbelievable how can people still be posting this sort of stuff.

Anet, delivered exactly what they promised. Thing is and to put it clear:

- If you enjoyed open ended, lore-rich, rp friendly MMORPGS like Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot or Star Wars Galaxies you will probably like GW2. As we know, the point in these games is to develop your character biography and story in the open world. You write your character’s own script, on top of the personal story. The progression is based on prestige, not stats neither gear.

- If what you like is Skinner’s Box kind of games like WoW and its myriad of clones where the approach is more linear and arcade-like, that is to get Max. XP in Min. time, most of the time doing so through shorcuts and so called powerleveling, to get the best gear and stats ASAP so you can show off your numbers and lulz-link your gear on general chat, then I’m afraid this game is not for you.

Despite its flaws (main complain on my part is that I think things are a bit too easy, especially with regards to escalation) I like GW2 because it goes back to the roots and original philosophy of the genre.

Thing is the WoW and the treadmill kids, specially the ADHD ones who want to be hand-held and inmediately satisfied, cannot conceive another, more immersive and imaginative, way of playing. In particular, and with regards to the cosmetic gear you want to get ‘naow’: It is designed to be achieved on the long run, in a natural way, not to be achieved ASAP. You grind because you compell yourself to grind, as your short-sighted minset doesn’t let you see the forest behind the trees.

As I say OP, I’m afraid this game is not for you, neither for the likes of you.

In fact, let me tell you somethig: with that mindset, you and the likes of you are condemned to boredom. I’m assure you that, lest you change your approach to MMORPGs, you’ll never ever be satisfied, unless you are addicted to treadmills for gear (Rats in a Box), that is.

(edited by Tusuri.3178)

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Either you bought the game today or places where you read about the game have people who can see the future. Diminishing returns on drops,

Anyone who played GW1 knew that would happen as soon as botters and grinders started flooding the economy

broken economy

Give it time to settle before raging. Have you folks never played a game at launch before?

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

prodigy.1023

The progression is based on prestige, not stats neither gear.

I’ll wholeheartedly agree with you as soon as ANet will remove exotics, legendaries and the grind associated with getting those. Until then it’s wishful thinking, sorry.

Jack of Tears.9458

>>- If you enjoyed open ended, lore-rich, rp friendly MMORPGS like Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot or Star Wars Galaxies you will probably like GW2.<<

Except, of course, unlike those other games, this game is good. ;P

Sorry, I stayed with SWG for a long time before the horrifying days post NGE and we had a great roleplaying community but … no game to support it. Here we’ve got a great game, with a rich and detailed world, plenty of history, AND a great roleplaying community.

Seriously! GW2, come for the chips, stay for the dip!

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

1.Craftable gear should be the best and when I started in WoW I leveled leatherworking because I thought the best gear would be craftable. Turns out it wasn’t and I didn’t bother leveling it past 200. Frankly if people aren’t selling ultra-rare mats for 100g then Anet is being too generous with the best crafting ingredient gear rates. There should be excellent gear for considerably less sure but ultra-rare legendary ingredients to make such legendaries is what helps enable only a select few characters to accomplish something. Sure it’s RNG based in a big way, but that helps ensure uniqueness. Some dungeons should be so difficult that only 2% of players can complete them (not all dungeons should obviously but at least one per expansion and armor and weapon drops to go with it).

2. Yep, everyone knew these posts would come up. It’s still a great game and yeah I don’t like the tailoring grind either but there needs to be some value to making it to max crafting or else everyone would be maxed out yesterday. Being a max level crafter should be meaningful.

3. I agree with you somewhat, but in the pirate 45-55 zone there are frequent enough dynamic events to make up for it, but in the 30s I can definitely agree and my Asura had to run to Norn lands to find a decent amount of events (when he was lucky)

4. The exchange rate of gold to gems is 100 gems for 20 silver last I checked, not worth it at all, especially since you can kill things and do events to collect trash and sell to vendors to easily make that.

prodigy.1023

Some dungeons should be so difficult that only 2% of players can complete them (not all dungeons should obviously but at least one per expansion and armor and weapon drops to go with it).

How about no? Why should 98% pay for content that only 2% will ever experience? This makes zero sense.

Agemnon.4608

Some dungeons should be so difficult that only 2% of players can complete them (not all dungeons should obviously but at least one per expansion and armor and weapon drops to go with it).

How about no? Why should 98% pay for content that only 2% will ever experience? This makes zero sense.

Maybe it doesn’t, but I remember having fun in single player RPGs with bonus dungeons harder than the final boss (alright, they weren’t 2% hard, but still…)

Because frankly, beating those giant super-cyborgs from the future/extragalactic trash mob army and their weird looking unclassifiable giant creature thing overlord that dimension shifts/etc., that has nothing whatsoever to do with the plot is one of those nifty little extras that add fun. The 2% was just an arbitrary number but I just mean something really, really hard, but in practice the strategy for it would be posted on the internet so everyone would wind up being able to beat it eventually anyway.

Posted by: muthax.4720

muthax.4720

Either you bought the game today or places where you read about the game have people who can see the future. Diminishing returns on drops, broken economy and grindy, unrewarding gameplay – pray tell me where I could read about all this crap before launch?

Please, this is a forum to discuss GW2, not WoW, so try to stay on the subject

Thanks

Posted by: Tusuri.3178

Tusuri.3178

The progression is based on prestige, not stats neither gear.

I’ll wholeheartedly agree with you as soon as ANet will remove exotics, legendaries and the grind associated with getting those. Until then it’s wishful thinking, sorry.

Again, and as I said in my post and as other one thousand posters -Anet included- have already stated, those features are designed to be achieved on the long run, in a natural not grindy manner. If you pretend to have them naow, then don’t be surprised to feel you’re going through a grind.

Of course, after so many years of linear, treadmill based gaming, it doesn’t surprise me either that you cannot conceive another approach to MMORPG gaming.

Anxiety much?

(edited by Tusuri.3178)

Jack of Tears.9458

3. I agree with you somewhat, but in the pirate 45-55 zone there are frequent enough dynamic events to make up for it, but in the 30s I can definitely agree and my Asura had to run to Norn lands to find a decent amount of events (when he was lucky)

I wanted to comment on this. I get bored with the same ole same ole very easy, so I fully encourage people to move outside of their racial areas and diversify! As a human I have explored Charr and Norn areas to a fair extent and, since each area has its own kind of character, this has kept me from getting the “human kingdom doldrums”. So, absolutely branch out into new areas, the game makes this easy in order to encourage it! I’ve still barely touched the Sylvari and Usura areas with this character, but if I get bored with what I’ve been doing, I always can and the down-leveling mechanic will mean I can hit the mid-level zones for those races with no problem. This is the first MMO I’ve ever played where I haven’t suffered from severe alt-itis, because it has made getting out and sampling other areas so simple and worth doing! Don’t limit yourself!

Agemnon.4608

I wanted to comment on this. I get bored with the same ole same ole very easy, so I fully encourage people to move outside of their racial areas and diversify! As a human I have explored Charr and Norn areas to a fair extent and, since each area has its own kind of character, this has kept me from getting the “human kingdom doldrums”. So, absolutely branch out into new areas, the game makes this easy in order to encourage it! I’ve still barely touched the Sylvari and Usura areas with this character, but if I get bored with what I’ve been doing, I always can and the down-leveling mechanic will mean I can hit the mid-level zones for those races with no problem. This is the first MMO I’ve ever played where I haven’t suffered from severe alt-itis, because it has made getting out and sampling other areas so simple and worth doing! Don’t limit yourself!

I like the other zones but running around for events seems futile sometimes especially if there is an event but I’m too late for it -_-

Posted by: rizzak.4186

rizzak.4186

goose might wanna try a different game, i have 3 characters im working on a little at a time, i work a full time job, and play when i can, i dont expect to get everything in the first month, gw 2 is awesome keep up the good work!!

Posted by: fingis.2867

fingis.2867

I’ve got to agree with the title.

Now that I’m 80, I found that I won’t have access to the best gear in the game and that to stay competitive in pvp, I have to grind crafting or karma in order to buy exotics.

I’m doing map completion at the moment and leveling up my crafting, and it’s mildly entertaining. But really, it’s the same old MMO kitten I’ve always had to do.

Where is the new paradigm?

Jack of Tears.9458

I like the other zones but running around for events seems futile sometimes especially if there is an event but I’m too late for it -_-

Oh, I don’t run around to events, I just run around through different areas when one starts looking too familiar … if an event happens while I’m running around, I frolic off to it … the rest of the time I kill things, talk to myself and other players in character, hang out in cities, explore, whatever happens to be my flavor of the day. My point was, with so many areas to frolic through, it’s kind of hard to stay bored for long.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I think people sometimes loose sight of this game core phylosofy. None of that gear is really needed. I am lvl 80 and have no problem playing with blues and greens what so ever! This was intended none of that gear is needed which brings me to the next point. There is no rush to get your gear. It doesnt matter what the requirements are you can get your gear no matter what content you play so you dont really need to grind you just have to play the game and it doesnt matter how much time you can devote to the game you will still get there and whatever armor / weapon you get will still be useful. You can also buy / get your armor using any activitiy because the game core phylosofy is play what you like. If you dont like repeating dungeons then dont! Get your exotic set through karma or crafting or even PvP/WvW

I think if people understand that the items are not something they need they can threat them as a reward for playing the game rather then playing the game to get them it will also make the game more enjoyable as instead of grinding you play what you enjoy playing!

Posted by: Wraith.4103

Wraith.4103

Grind is for something you NEED not something you WANT.
Expectations and expectations, all they said you get in game. Some people are just complaining about what they was expectating, about what they have created in their own minds probably because of the hype.
Other then grind, wich isnt true, all you said was pure “personal taste”. I get bored i get bored… Lot of people are not bored.
But I understand and agree that you need to give your opinion, so they can change for something more closer to what you want, because I’m sure lot of people too feels like you.

And for god sake you havent talk about endgame, the end game is from the begining.
People need to understand they do not need to rush to 80, the game is there to be played not to reach all the caps as fast as possible. People who think like that are comparing gw2 with another mmos, with a line with needed quest, grind for level and no content at all where the only thing to do is lvl to reach endless raids not because you want but because you NEED. But it takes so much time to get there that you feel rewarded lol Well, someone like that should feel fooled because that’s the way subscription game work.

Adrian Faust – Human Mesmer
—-—Art Of Invasion [ART]——-
Gate of Madness

(edited by Wraith.4103)

Posted by: Elysian Rose.5283

Elysian Rose.5283

<Removed – Do not make company call-outs ~ Dalmarus>

This game is all grind, all the content the promised will be memorable and fun is not there.

Crafting is a joke it’s either pay to win or it is a grind. Either way, you get top tier craft gear which completely replaces anything you get from dungeons and without the ridiculous prices of the dungeons.

Dungeons simply don’t give enough tokens to get the dungeon armor. I am not going to do 70 runs of the same dungeon to get a full set of cool armor. I am not going to waste my time doing that, I don’t have time to do that even if I wanted to. Arena has a very distorted definition of grind if they think this is acceptable.

Legendaries are only there for people who have enough time to sit on theirkitten all day and play this game. I have obligations that aren’t about getting redundant shinies.

Anything past 20 and all the sudden the areas are bare of any sort of dynamic events and the events that you do see are simple “defend this area from hordes of X” or “lower X moral”. Whatever happened to the huge branching events Arena? What happened to all the events that are supposed to be impactful? In Orr? Well I apologize if I don’t want to get to 80 to see all this content, that is what happened in WoW and every grindy MMO I have played. I thought that maybe this game will have enough fun content throughout the game to keep me playing, I thought that I would still be having fun after level 20. I crafted from 60-80 because I got terribly bored of the main game. I have yet to do a level 80 dungeon because I will get absolutely nothing out it besides Gold which is completely redundant because it can be purchased.

What happened to this game being for the people who don’t have time to play the game religiously? I thought you guys didn’t need to hold my attention through grind because you aren’t getting money from me monthly. What benefit do you get from me grinding out dungeons or legendaries?

sPvP is the only thing in this game that I feel they delivered on 100%.

Oh look, another poster who was posting his legit concerns and got infracted for it.

What a community.

Agemnon.4608

“Oh look, another poster who was posting his legit concerns and got infracted for it.

What a community."

Quote button disappeared again. Of all the things they had to borrow from SWTOR it just had to be unnecessary forum rules (even enforcing that which doesn’t even hurt anyone) and delete happy mods. There are better forums.

http://www.guildwars2forum.com/forum.php?s=52df5852cb4f8229974f816789b345ab

At least has an off-topic. We aren’t spending our money (plus gems) to be treated like wayward children.

Posted by: Elysian Rose.5283

Elysian Rose.5283

Here’s another one that particularly makes me mad because they started deleting OP’s actual posts too:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-I-find-the-game-uninteresting-From-a-longtime-Guild-Wars-1-player

The censorship has been a mess from the begginning, first banning hilarious names like “Adolf Critler” and then thinking it’d be a good idea to change every possible naughty word in the world to ‘kitten’. Really funny Arena Net. Hilarious. <Said nobody, ever.

Posted by: Reinth.1498

Reinth.1498

I was about to reply but then I saw some people have already spit out exactly what I wanted to say.

Hey Goose, probably you just need to change your gamestyle into a more socialized way. I’m 100% sure it will help you a lot. Doing things with friends or guildies won’t encourage you to fill up more complaints in the forum.

Cheers!

It’s not a question of can or can’t. There are some things in life you just do.

Posted by: KJBRAY.5671

KJBRAY.5671

If you think this game has too much grinding. Please play WoW and level from 1 to 85. Guild Wars went in the right direction I think, if you wanted to be only a crafter, you could actually gain levels from it.

If you want to just explore each zone and 100% complete everything, you gain levels from it.

The main thing is, getting levels isn’t very hard at all. Which makes it more enjoyable because you don’t have to spend 12 hours to gain half a level.

Posted by: nachdenki.2637

nachdenki.2637

Guild wars went into the right direction for a lot of things, but I have to agree, I think the way dungeons are handled is not one of them.

Everyone saying that the grind is optional and you can just not do it is correct!
Everyone saying that you shouldn’t get elite armor for nothing is absolutely correct as well!
All good points, but … even if the grind (or better, getting nice elite armor) is optional, shouldn’t the goal be to make that as much fun as possible as well? Just because it’s optional doesn’t mean it must be annoying, does it?

I see no real reason to have 8 dungeon currencies. Why not make one currency and let mobs drop it in the dungeon? It would benefit the players (they can play different things, do the dungeon(s) they like best and generally have more diversity in the game). The amount of dropped tokens could still be adjusted to the dungeon difficulty. And since mobs drop the tokens, it is automatically adjusted to the length of the dungeon (more/stronger mobs = better chance of getting more tokens).

So players have more fun, can see more of the game, but elite armor still stays elite and is hard to get! And the kittenstorm the next time arenanet changes a dungeon won’t be as bad as it is now, because people are not dependent on that one single dungeon. Everyone wins … at least that’s what I would say.