Things we know

Things we know

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NexForce.9305

NexForce.9305

I have done teq every day for nine months and in that time seen maybe 3 or 4 fails. Yesterday I seen 3 fails in one day. Teq was part of my daily world boss run as it was for lots of players,now its not and is totally broken.if its not fixed you just lost a regular gem store customer and can stick the expansion were the sun don’t shine

Tequatl isn’t that hard. The HP has increased, but the mechanics and roles required hasn’t changed.

The recent patch has nothing to do with making Tequatl harder and results in a fail. In fact it made Tequatl a bit easier to manage.

Things we know

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

And the fact your just as well of in lvl 65 gear as your expensive ascended and legendarys has no impact of this fight?

Things we know

Posted by: Cataryn.1072

Cataryn.1072

I have done teq every day for nine months and in that time seen maybe 3 or 4 fails. Yesterday I seen 3 fails in one day. Teq was part of my daily world boss run as it was for lots of players,now its not and is totally broken.if its not fixed you just lost a regular gem store customer and can stick the expansion were the sun don’t shine

Tequatl isn’t that hard. The HP has increased, but the mechanics and roles required hasn’t changed.

The recent patch has nothing to do with making Tequatl harder and results in a fail. In fact it made Tequatl a bit easier to manage.

Isn’t that hard? 5x my map has failed, and those were heavy with commanders and organization. Those are WITH 30+ minute in advance planning and full defense teams, and more players meleeing on the supposed hard to find crit spot.

It’s not the point that it can be overcome with a complete guild team with best gear and TS. It should be easily doable with a pug or what is the point of it all? Alienating a good number of players is what has happened. Maybe you can tell how disgruntled I feel. I know I’m not alone in this and this should have been fixed by now. End rant.

Things we know

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Is the new guardian elite shout considered bugged? Its superior to the other skill based sources of quickness.

Guardian elite: Grants quickness (5s) and fury to 5 allies 600 aoe
30s cooldown
Mesmer elite (timewarp): Grants 11 pulses of quickness (1s) and give slow in 360 aoe
180s cooldown
Ranger Utility (Zeph): Grants quickness (6s) and superspeed to you and pet. Stunbreak
60s cooldown
Thief Utility (haste): Grants quickness (6s) and fury to yourself. Stunbreak
60s cooldown
Warrior Utility (frenzy): Grants quickness (6s) and5 might to yourself. Stunbreak
60s cooldown.
(sorry if I missed any)

tl;dr Guardian new elite gives up to 5 people a slightly weaker version (no stun break, 1 less sec quickness but longer fury) of thief haste, at half the cooldown of the self buff.

It’s not bugged. It does exactly what it says it does in the tooltip. It’s just ridiculously overpowered and needs to have its cooldown increased.

Things we know

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

1) Conditions seem a bit strong
2) World bosses are currently too easy
3) There are some bugged skills and traits
4) There are some overpowered builds

We are dedicating time towards these issues and are intending to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Thanks for your patience,

Jon

I hope it doesnt take ages.. just saying ^^

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Things we know

Posted by: Raven.3957

Raven.3957

After they announced HoT, the hype train began. Even with the few things I disliked here and there with Gw2 I never thought ANYTHING would derail the hype train.. I was so excited, wanted nothing more but more info.. everythign they leaked, spoke of.. all of it was music to my ears..

Then the fiasco with the pre-release happened..

I didnt think anyhting would make me hesitate to pre-order the SECOND it became avaliable.. but that did.

A few days later, they announced they were sorry for the misunderstaning, and corrected it. I was instantaniously relived, and just about to purchace the 100$ preorder..

And then this patch rolled out.

I was honestly excited for this patch, I liked a lot of the changes (to leveling, new traits would mean a change in game play, spice things up, etc.. Not to mention a gorgeous new Lions arch..)

But when I got online, and realised that unless I played a meta, all of my builds were removed from the game or nerfed out of exsistance.. I realised how DPS focused everythign was.. How destroyed PVP and WvW were..

Well, to sum it up. Theres no new PVE content to play, been there and done that with everythign they have out so.. nothing to do there.

PVP and WVW is broken, forget about that until they ballance crap (Unless I feel like CONSTANLY running in a massive zerg.. thats stupid, I would like to play the game with a few friends, or even be ABLE to play alone, if no one was around to play. Not make the game a REQUIREMENT to play with others just to be viable..)

So.. uh, I think with this last patch not only did they actually derail the hype train fully, and make me NOT want to buy the expansion. I think they ACTUALLY convinced me to QUIT..

From gw1, all the way until now in gw2. Ive been loyal and loved playing this game. But this patch destroyed everything I knew and loved about the game, and on TOP of it, took a massive dump over the morals I loved Anet so much for.

So.. Kindly F off, all you dps babies who like to mash your face into the keyboard and kill things to pretend your good at something, all the people who “love” what the update did. Thanks for ruining a beautiful thing.

Things we know

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

After they announced HoT, the hype train began. Even with the few things I disliked here and there with Gw2 I never thought ANYTHING would derail the hype train.. I was so excited, wanted nothing more but more info.. everythign they leaked, spoke of.. all of it was music to my ears..

Then the fiasco with the pre-release happened..

I didnt think anyhting would make me hesitate to pre-order the SECOND it became avaliable.. but that did.

A few days later, they announced they were sorry for the misunderstaning, and corrected it. I was instantaniously relived, and just about to purchace the 100$ preorder..

And then this patch rolled out.

I was honestly excited for this patch, I liked a lot of the changes (to leveling, new traits would mean a change in game play, spice things up, etc.. Not to mention a gorgeous new Lions arch..)

But when I got online, and realised that unless I played a meta, all of my builds were removed from the game or nerfed out of exsistance.. I realised how DPS focused everythign was.. How destroyed PVP and WvW were..

Well, to sum it up. Theres no new PVE content to play, been there and done that with everythign they have out so.. nothing to do there.

PVP and WVW is broken, forget about that until they ballance crap (Unless I feel like CONSTANLY running in a massive zerg.. thats stupid, I would like to play the game with a few friends, or even be ABLE to play alone, if no one was around to play. Not make the game a REQUIREMENT to play with others just to be viable..)

So.. uh, I think with this last patch not only did they actually derail the hype train fully, and make me NOT want to buy the expansion. I think they ACTUALLY convinced me to QUIT..

From gw1, all the way until now in gw2. Ive been loyal and loved playing this game. But this patch destroyed everything I knew and loved about the game, and on TOP of it, took a massive dump over the morals I loved Anet so much for.

So.. Kindly F off, all you dps babies who like to mash your face into the keyboard and kill things to pretend your good at something, all the people who “love” what the update did. Thanks for ruining a beautiful thing.

This absolutely summed up my entire experience. I was so ready to throw money at ArenaNet for the expansion after the HoT announcement, then decided to not pre-order it after the Standard Edition fiasco unless they did something about it. They did and I was going to buy the Ultimate Edition as a return gesture of goodwill but the June 23rd patch effectively broke the game and left me wondering if I should even bother.

Look, I’m not one of those people hating on the changes. I support every single one of them, unequivocally. The condition overhaul, the specializations (I don’t get the whining about lack of build diversity, you folks are nuts, many of the traits that were removed were lame ducks, not viable for use under all but the most niche circumstances. Diversity for the sake of diversity is pointless.), everything was great.

But the implementation…for goodness’ sake… sky high damage causing an upheaval over Conquest and WvW, the Symbolic Avenger bug and subsequent disabling of the trait instead of a hot fix, the continued silence over the Wurmslayer Armor-Mystic forge bug, the lazy fix of doubling HP for World Bosses after the excessive power creep of the condition overhaul…

I work in a company that makes MMOs. I know it’s impossible to build a bug-free game, much less a bug-free MMO. But the scale of the problems that came with the June 23 update, and the way they’ve since handled it… I wonder if ArenaNet traded in their programmers for writers because the story’s gotten much better but the rolling out of features has become absolutely game-breaking.

P.S.: Full disclosure. I decided to go ahead with the purchase of the Ultimate Edition even though my head and my principles said otherwise. This is the amount of goodwill that ArenaNet deserved for what they did right previously. I loathe to think they will see my purchase as an endorsement of what they’ve been doing recently though.

(edited by Sylum.1806)

Things we know

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

RIP Buffed conditions, didn’t even last.

Back to the berserker meta i guess….

Thats exactly what I thought when I read the OP.

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Things we know

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

People that play the wvw mode of this game actually know one other fact that hasn’t been added.

5. The new trait system has actually pigeon holed people into even fewer builds and actually offer players LESS variance in builds. Please open up all 5 trait lines with the ability to go as deep as we want based on the new 18 trait points!

Things we know

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Is the new guardian elite shout considered bugged? Its superior to the other skill based sources of quickness.

Guardian elite: Grants quickness (5s) and fury to 5 allies 600 aoe
30s cooldown
Mesmer elite (timewarp): Grants 11 pulses of quickness (1s) and give slow in 360 aoe
180s cooldown
Ranger Utility (Zeph): Grants quickness (6s) and superspeed to you and pet. Stunbreak
60s cooldown
Thief Utility (haste): Grants quickness (6s) and fury to yourself. Stunbreak
60s cooldown
Warrior Utility (frenzy): Grants quickness (6s) and5 might to yourself. Stunbreak
60s cooldown.
(sorry if I missed any)

tl;dr Guardian new elite gives up to 5 people a slightly weaker version (no stun break, 1 less sec quickness but longer fury) of thief haste, at half the cooldown of the self buff.

It’s not bugged. It does exactly what it says it does in the tooltip. It’s just ridiculously overpowered and needs to have its cooldown increased.

Frankly, if they fix it, 2 copper (I’m poor kitty) says they’ll write it off as a bug =P

I’m not asking to nerf Guardian btw, considering there are traits that (potentially) give out quickness like candy just eyeballing it (actual experience may vary). Just a bit of balance (buff the extreme dps even more!!!!! XD)

(Btw did they really just decide nullify three years of balancing patches (so 1 or 2 ;P) in one go? This doesn’t have to be a bad thing)

People that play the wvw mode of this game actually know one other fact that hasn’t been added.

5. The new trait system has actually pigeon holed people into even fewer builds and actually offer players LESS variance in builds. Please open up all 5 trait lines with the ability to go as deep as we want based on the new 18 trait points!

I think I’ve been saying this ever since they revealed the new trait line appearance… XD

(edited by Snow.2048)

Things we know

Posted by: ElforTheLandStander.7052

ElforTheLandStander.7052

The art of removing the top of a champagne bottle with a saber is known as sabrage.

Things we know.

Things we know

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I don’t know if this was supposed to be a ‘feedback’ thread as well, but if it is, I found something that is confusing to me (and I’ve been playing since launch).

I’m bringing up a new Necro. Well, she was 18 before the patch and she’s 31 now. When my elite skill opened up, I put in some sort of creature. Wish he was black to keep my theme going, but I digress. When I went for a swim, he went away, and I saw the elite slot ‘open’. Figured, “OK, can’t use that red beast in the water”, so clicked on the up arrow to see which skills would qualify, and it just opened up to a skill set I hadn’t spent any points in yet? Furthermore, when you mouse over the last skill in each ‘wheel’, it doesn’t say on the mouse over if it’s even an elite skill or not. The only time you really can see if a skill is elite is:

1. It’s the last skill in the wheel and you haven’t trained it yet, says by the button to train it up.

2. You are (apparently?) on land, or in ‘the right place’ (whatever that is) to click on the arrow to see the other skills. When I’m on land, I can click on the up arrow on the elite slot and see all the eligible skills, whether I know them or not. If I’m under water, that doesn’t seem to work.

I suppose I could have posted it as a bug, but it could just be an overall design oversight, intentional, but maybe not friendly?

So now it’s a thing you know.

Things we know

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

You can only change your skills underwater if you’re, like on land, out of combat.
Maybe that was your problem, I can see all elites when I’m underwater.

Attachments:

Things we know

notebene.3190

You can only change your skills underwater if you’re, like on land, out of combat.
Maybe that was your problem, I can see all elites when I’m underwater.

That didn’t happen to me.

When I click on that up arrow, it opens my hero window and takes me to a skill line I haven’t learned yet. ‘Presumably’ as if to say, “Hey, you don’t have any elite skills that you can equip under water, but this line here has one at the very end.”? :|

It works fine when I’m on land, it just has a weird behavior for me under water.

Things we know

Jana.6831

Ok, but I’m not so sure it’s a bug.
But yeah, I guess I get your point – only few skills are availlable underwater, it would be great if one were able to see which.
(But you can see above =))

Edit: Old “if would” problem.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Things we know

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Any ETA on fixing the things you know but decided to throw on the live servers in a 3 year old game like it’s a PTS?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Things we know

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I don’t know if this was supposed to be a ‘feedback’ thread as well, but if it is, I found something that is confusing to me (and I’ve been playing since launch).

I’m bringing up a new Necro. Well, she was 18 before the patch and she’s 31 now. When my elite skill opened up, I put in some sort of creature. Wish he was black to keep my theme going, but I digress. When I went for a swim, he went away, and I saw the elite slot ‘open’. Figured, “OK, can’t use that red beast in the water”, so clicked on the up arrow to see which skills would qualify, and it just opened up to a skill set I hadn’t spent any points in yet? Furthermore, when you mouse over the last skill in each ‘wheel’, it doesn’t say on the mouse over if it’s even an elite skill or not. The only time you really can see if a skill is elite is:

1. It’s the last skill in the wheel and you haven’t trained it yet, says by the button to train it up.

2. You are (apparently?) on land, or in ‘the right place’ (whatever that is) to click on the arrow to see the other skills. When I’m on land, I can click on the up arrow on the elite slot and see all the eligible skills, whether I know them or not. If I’m under water, that doesn’t seem to work.

I suppose I could have posted it as a bug, but it could just be an overall design oversight, intentional, but maybe not friendly?

The Flesh Golem (the “red beast”) never had an opportunity to take swimming lessons. It’s deathly afraid of water, going into hiding – curled up in a fetal position sucking its thumb – whenever you go for a swim.

This has been the case for the last 3 years since launch. We were told we’d get a replacement for the big scaredy-cat in the form of an undead shark. Of course, that never materialized, undead sharks being a rarity given how quickly their cartilaginous skeletons decompose.

You’d think a couple weeks of swim lessons for Fleshy would be in order to patch things up, but I guess that’s too expensive for A-net at the moment (or the last 3 years of moments, for that matter).

It’s a thing they’ve known for a loooooooooong time.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Things we know

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Specifically for Flesh Golem, it’s disabled underwater because ANet wasn’t able to create a swim animation they liked before launch and put it on the back burner. Then they just never seem to have gotten back to it.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Things we know

notebene.3190

The Flesh Golem (the “red beast”) never had an opportunity to take swimming lessons. It’s deathly afraid of water, going into hiding – curled up in a fetal position sucking its thumb – whenever you go for a swim.

This has been the case for the last 3 years since launch. We were told we’d get a replacement for the big scaredy-cat in the form of an undead shark. Of course, that never materialized, undead sharks being a rarity given how quickly their cartilaginous skeletons decompose.

You’d think a couple weeks of swim lessons for Fleshy would be in order to patch things up, but I guess that’s too expensive for A-net at the moment (or the last 3 years of moments, for that matter).

It’s a thing they’ve known for a loooooooooong time.

I figured he wasn’t able to be used, that’s not the part that confused me. The part that confused me was what happened when I went to click on the up arrow on the skill bar while I was underwater to get an overview of what skills ‘would’ work. It’s not what normally happens when you are on land, at least not to me, as the other person showed it works for them. Then that got me realizing just looking around at the skill wheels themselves that there isn’t really anything that tells you a skill is elite one you have learned it.

I’m going to login in a few hours to play her again some. I’ll see about finding some water to go swimming in (though, I’ll be in Lornar’s pass up top, just starting :\) and see if it hasn’t magically corrected itself.

Edit: So this is what I see when I’m on land and click on the arrow above the elite skill and this is what I see when I’m under water and click on the (now empty; totally understand ‘why’ that is) elite skill. It doesn’t give me a pop up so I can mouse over which skills I might need to learn that would work underwater, it just pops up my Hero Training panel.

(edited by notebene.3190)

Things we know

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Jon, how much time to fix stuff like burning and other op build in the game?

Pls not 6 months to fix thi stuff, it has a big impact on the actual balance (especially pvp)

Things we know

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

Hiya anet! It’s been a while since all of this stuff hit now. Can you re-update us on where stuff stands now in your eyes? If things still look off, what changes can we look forward to and try to prepare for? Thanks!

Things we know

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Conditions need fixing urgently. I’m surprised the formulae for them haven’t been re-calculated already. In PvP most people running classes (Ele, Guard and Engi) with access to multiple burns skills are abusing the hell out of burning to cover up that they have no skill by destroying players with a passive effect. Getting multiple 1000-2300 burn ticks is ridiculous.

Things we know

Posted by: Jericento.3165

Jericento.3165

That’s not necessarily the problem as much as each profession having equitable options for removing those conditions. Also, if someone can apply a condition from 1,200 units away; a shout build should be able to cleanse team conditions from 1,200 units away.

Just randomize boss behavior. I shouldn’t know where everything is going to spawn, exactly how it’s going to behave, etc. Everything else in this game seems driven by RNG…

Yup.

This is an understatement. A cloth wearing elementalist SHOULD be able to bunker/tank more effectively than a guardian, right? AND still be able to deliver considerable damage? YES!

Things we know

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

When will they know that 90% of in game rewards are pure garbage ?
When will they give us better rewards. At least try to kill rng with tokens or something.
Nobody likes rng

Things we know

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

When will they give us better rewards. At least try to kill rng with tokens or something.
Nobody likes rng

I like RNG. You’re wrong.

Things we know

Posted by: Jericento.3165

Jericento.3165

Nobody likes rng

You mean we should be rewarded for investment as opposed to random, very rare, pats on the back? gasp!

Things we know

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

People actually are mad condition damage finally works?

It seems a resonabe shift from 1 to 2 years ago when everybody was mad conditon dmg was a waste of time, utterly useless unless you’d be playing 1 vs 1(,2,3?) engagments.

Healing scaling is broken atm, with the 15-30% reduction of healing as an attribute I lose at least 3 pt/regen/tick, (we lost 300 healing and we were not compensted.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Things we know

Posted by: Fikfain.5849

Fikfain.5849

@JonPeters…we’re closing in on a month since this was posted and no sign of an update that rebalances the game on its way. Can we get a timeline?

Fikbomber — Big Red and White Charr Engineer
Fikfain — Little Purple Sylvari Mesmer
Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

Things we know

Posted by: Valderius Rex.4108

Valderius Rex.4108

@JonPeters…we’re closing in on a month since this was posted and no sign of an update that rebalances the game on its way. Can we get a timeline?

They’re aware of the problems and are actively tracking a fix. Here, have some cash shop skins!!!!!

Things we know

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Just getting these out there so we know we are all in agreement:

Thanks for your patience,

Jon

5) Necros suck! Fixed the list for you..

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Things we know

Posted by: Phil.8901

Phil.8901

Things We Know

1) You’re very busy with HoT Expansion
2) You have limited resources for PvP
3) You’re doing your best to fix/develop everything

BUT

Pls don’t wait 6 months to balance this meta (it’s clear there are broken things) and to fix bugs.

You listed there are op builds and broken conditions so you know this.

But pls pls pls we don’t really want a balance path in 6 months.

Thx

Things we know

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

They’re aware of the problems and are actively tracking a fix. Here, have some cash shop skins!!!!!

Pretty much.

Things we know

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m throwing money at the screen but my butterly wings havn’t arrived yet… seems not only their work is bogged but also the cash shop has a traffic jam..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Things we know

Posted by: Tukaram.8256

Tukaram.8256

Are you going to address how you forced characters to train into builds using their hero points without their consent? :o

Why not. Basically there were two options, both with a large number of edge cases.

1) We wipe your stuff and let you respec as you see fit. Because so much had changed this was our initial plan. Here are problems it ran into.

• People return from a long hiatus and don’t remember what they were running
  • People log in and the first thing they have to do before they can play is learn both the new unlocking system and the new build system.

2) We look at what you had equipped and unlock the necessary skills and traits to re-equip you. Here were some discussions points around that:

• We might give you stuff you don’t want
  • at least this won’t matter for lvl 80s if we make all the unlocks possible by just reaching lvl 80.

There is a third option which I’m sure you will bring up.
3) let players choose
Here are some reasons we did not go with that:

• Its twice the work
  • Its actually more than twice the work because it would have required temporarily saving both options until you choose which is more complex technical work.
  • People who were unlikely to understand or want to explore the new system were going to be potentially more confused by the choice.

At the end of the day we wanted to ship this build so we had to decide. Based on instinct we erred on the side of helping people we thought would be more overwhelmed by the opposite choice, and I would make that choice again because it has less edge cases, impacts more expert users, and leans towards over unlocking for free to benefit most of the edge cases anyway.

Hope this info helps you understand our process a bit more.

Thanks,

Jon

I have 2 characters that are mid 20’s (an elementalist, and a guardian). I have not played either in a while and just signed onto them… they are both totally hosed! Y’all really should have just refunded our points and let us set them correctly. At least give us a one shot reset. At this point it may be best just to delete them and start over – at least I would get another key ha ha… Unbelievable setup guys.

Things we know

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

People actually are mad condition damage finally works?

It seems a resonabe shift from 1 to 2 years ago when everybody was mad conditon dmg was a waste of time, utterly useless unless you’d be playing 1 vs 1(,2,3?) engagments.

Healing scaling is broken atm, with the 15-30% reduction of healing as an attribute I lose at least 3 pt/regen/tick, (we lost 300 healing and we were not compensted.

conditions pre patch was perfectly fine, dont tell me it was not because i played a condi build for fun back then and i was perfectly fine, infact i switched build because it was to easy..

add condi
add condi
add condi > run > watch him die.

some other guy said all classes have remove all of conditions correct, but 99% of condi removealls have longer reuse then the SPAMABLE conditions

Things we know

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

Regarding condis…

Its not condis themselves that are too storng… its the particular professions and skills that can apply many different powerful condis in large quantities over and over.

Try out Hybrid/Condi Warrior and you ’ll see its performance is not even close to a Condi Mesmer or Engi. When was it the last time you lost to a condi warr?

Even if you use Burns and fully go into condi damage a Warrior can’t reach the Burning levels other professions can…

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

Things we know

Jana.6831

Regarding condis…

Its not condis themselves that are too storng… its the particular professions and skills that can apply many different powerful condis in large quantities over and over.

Try out Hybrid/Condi Warrior and you ’ll see its performance is not even close to a Condi Mesmer or Engi. When was it the last time you lost to a condi warr?

Even if you use Burns and fully go into condi damage a Warrior can’t reach the Burning levels other professions can…

Burning and confusion are out of control, so maybe your condi warrior can’t apply enough stacks, I have no idea, I just know that burn is really mean and I got hit by 16 stacks yesterday, by a guardian.

Things we know

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

Burning and confusion are out of control, so maybe your condi warrior can’t apply enough stacks, I have no idea, I just know that burn is really mean and I got hit by 16 stacks yesterday, by a guardian.

Thats the point…

A few days ago I was burnt for 5.8k/sec from an Engi for no less than 3secs.

I made a test on Indestructible Golem in PvP lobby area. As a fully Condi Warrior I never seen >3.7k/sec burning, and that was for 1-2 secs on a complete passive target dummy!!!

Its just that some professions have access to too many and powerful condis that can reapply way too often. Mesmer, for example, can easily apply 6 Torment stacks and 8+ Confusion. Even if you clear them he can reapply almost immediately.

OK, maybe tweaking Burn and Confusion a bit may be right. Still, the key here isn’t to reduce condi damage BUT to tweak skills that are spammable and apply powerful condis.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]