Things you would like to see account wide

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

What are things that are currently character specific you would like to see made account wide?

For me

Fractal Level
World Completion Icon
Story Mode on Dungeons

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Fractal level isn’t bound to account?!

For me WvW blueprints.

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

That is an excellent one!

Nope Fractals is per character unless a change has recently been made that I am unaware of.

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

World Complete Icon i agree on

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

- unlocked dyes

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Def WvW blueprints, actually, they shouldn’t be bound at all. It would be nice to be able to just toss them in the guild bank for whomever needs.

People can already just go to WvW and drop them for friends/guildies to pick up and it’s a huge hassle, just fix this by taking off the binding.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Legendary weapons.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

World completion on one character unlocks the “Been there. Done that.” title for all characters so there’s always that, at least. Fractal level would be a nice thing to have accountbound. Also karma.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

There was some sort of issue with the WvW blueprints where they had to make them bound. They really would like to open them up so you can give them out to whoever you want. There is just some technical problem preventing this from happening.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

Pretty much everything that’s soulbound right now should be account bound or not bound at all, imo.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Dyes
WvW blueprints
Story mode dungeons (exp unlock)
Runes+sigils that are soulbound on acquire
and…Legendaires

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

While I am not going after one, I agree that the Legendaries should be account bound.

Dungeon tokens are account bound. I wish the items bought were account bound until used. (Yeah. Bought wrong class armor acidentally.)

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Legendary weapons.
Maybe fractal levels, but it is kind of necessary to continue grinding the lower levels to get the vials of essence you need to infuse your gear, so it all works out in the end.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Ivienn.6354

Ivienn.6354

I agree on most already listed. I would add:

- All currencies should be account wide. Saves time when wanting to transfer coins from one char to another. Gems are account wide, why not coins as well? ^^

Nothing is ever easy

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

-Dyes
-WvW blueprints
-Legendary
-Story mode dungeons
-Fractal levels
-Karma (yes, I would like one big karma pool, less managing who drinks the jugs)

I would not like to see the map completion icon account bound, because then I am even less motivated to finish it again on an alt!

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

I would love if all weapons and armor that are soulbound were account bound instead, the way harvesting tools are now. Altaholic that I am, it would be really helpful to be able to give my “younger” characters “hand-me-downs” instead of letting Zommoros eat so much useful soulbound gear. :P However, I realize re-gearing each character is probably an important gold sink to prevent inflation.

I would settle for very very nice items like Legendaries and those elite exotics you can craft in the forge being account-bound, so that if you work really hard for something, you can tote it on multiple characters. I’d like to craft Volcanus someday, and I have five characters and counting that can use greatswords. I don’t want to feel obligated to always play the character I soulbind Volcanus to and feel like it’s going to waste when I’m in the mood for an alt. I can imagine how people with Legendaries feel. :O

Account-wide karma would also be nice, and I would LOVE to see dye be account-bound like we initially thought they would.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

Posted by: Catbriar.4195

Catbriar.4195

Dye. It would be ever so much more fun to obtain a new color if you knew all your characters could benefit from the expanded palette.

Actually surprised that this isn’t in the game by now…

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Dye. It would be ever so much more fun to obtain a new color if you knew all your characters could benefit from the expanded palette.

Actually surprised that this isn’t in the game by now…

I agree! When I find (or craft) a new dye I don’t know, I wind up stuffing it in the bank because I don’t know what character I will want to learn that color on.

It would be a relief to just get to learn the color and know it’s available on my ele or my ranger or my mes who hasn’t even been born yet.

Posted by: Quixal.9124

Quixal.9124

unlocked dye colours

Posted by: Dex.6139

Dex.6139

Left over exotics.

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

+1 for dungeon rune drops, karma and WvW siege blueprints.
Oh yea, dungeon story unlock would be nice, too.

Posted by: Umbra.5180

Umbra.5180

Dyes

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

dyes, triple bank space since all chars use one.

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Dyes (like they were supposed to be)

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I’d really like fractal levels and karma to be account wide.

However, I don’t want to see dyes be account wide…they’d have to lower the drop rate even further to compensate.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Alkron.1345

Alkron.1345

Maybe fractal levels, but it is kind of necessary to continue grinding the lower levels to get the vials of essence you need to infuse your gear, so it all works out in the end.

Actually no, lower levels are not necessary at all.
Shards => 3 Globs
Glob=> 3 Vials

Never need to go to lower levels because of that, and having only gone from 13 to 29 last weekend and now at 32, I have about 18 shards, which means absolutely no reason to go back.

However, I would LOVE to see Fractal Levels account wide. I would be much more inclined to gear up my alts if they too could participate in upper level fractals and get the upper rewards.

Edit: Adding on Dyes to the list which I forgot previously haha

(edited by Alkron.1345)

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I’m looking forward to when they sort out the blueprints issues and we can sell on the TP or at least give them to other chars. I WvW frequently but I’m not reliably there so I don’t keep my siege around. Would rather sell it so I can cover my repair costs.

Also, gear needs to not be soulbound. Account bound is fine, but why shouldn’t my thief and ele be able to share daggers?

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Dyes
Legendary Weapons
All Holiday Items From Now On
World Completion Star

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Definitely,

dyes
map completion
Additionally I’d like to see all extremely rare (e.g., Foefire’s Essence) and legendary weapons be account bound. Generally several alts participate in the grind to get the weapon. If they can equip the weapon they should be able to wield it.

Posted by: lunarminx.3624

lunarminx.3624

Unlocked dyes
Completed zones
Completed dungeons
Armor and Weapons, as long as your toon can use it
Stones bought for mystic forge
Blueprints unsoul bound period

But I hate the fact that I can order stuff for the trader for the toon I an crafting on, jump onto another to help someone and need something off the trader and have to get all the crap that was waiting to be picked up. Separate the trader per toon.

Posted by: Dionysius.4783

Dionysius.4783

+100: karma or karma buyings

Situation…
warrior: 1mio+ karma
mesmer: 20k

…wanna buy some karma armor for the mesmer… oh… soulbound on acquire, what the heck. But the funny thing is, you CAN buy armor which are unusable by the buyers profession, but its soulbound on aquire – does this make any sense?

Please, allow karma buyings account bound, or make karma account bound.

(edited by Dionysius.4783)

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

+100: karma

warrior: 1mio+ karma
mesmer: 20k

wanna buy some karma armor for the mesmer… oh… soulbound, wth. But the funny thing is, you CAN buy armor that doesn’t work, and its soulbound – does this makes sense?

Please, allow karma trades account bound, or make karma account bound.

You can convert some of it over at least. Buy Orrian jewelry boxes. When you open them you get a bunch of vials, drops, etc that are account bound.

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Karma, Fractal level, dungeon story mode completion, gear bought with Karma, DYES.

edited for clarity

(edited by Xolo.3580)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Nothing that isn’t already account bound. I’m happy enough with the way it is.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Karma being account bound is pretty silly, that entire system was designed such that if you wanted to buy armour/weapons with karma you would need to earn them on that character…

Posted by: Zyphent.2967

Zyphent.2967

Dyes, Legendaries.

I really don’t want to see things like Map Completion,Event Karma, or Fractal/WvW levels, to be account wide. I know people feel like its punishing you for rolling alts, but honestly I like character progression to feel somewhat, I dunno, bound to the character.

While some things I love having as personal account things, like achievements, I like feeling that my character has individually progressed as well. Maybe I’m old school that way though.

(edited by Zyphent.2967)

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Experience points

I want to level up all my characters to 80 simultaneously

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I wouldn’t mind items being account bound instead of soulbound to a specific toon. For me, my lvl 80 warrior just got an ascended back piece, so my exotic-plush-quagganized backpiece is stored in my bank. Would be nice if I can pass it to my newly 80 ranger :P

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

I think these should be account bound already:
-Explorer icon
-Blue prints for WvW
-Gold (just makes things easier)

Would be nice, but I doubt we would get it:
-Story unlocks (or at least make it rewarding to run at the one time per character)
-Fractal level

Would love but I know it wont happen:
-Dyes
-Legendary

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Fractal level and story unlocks are the main thing. I can understand why others things aren’t account based, or don’t really care, but these two should not be per character. I am not going to do these on all of my characters when I’ve already done it once because they are long, tedious, boring, and unrewarding.

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I disagree on making dyes account bound. As much as it might be ‘nice’ to have. I feel it’s one of those things that need to remain relevant over the course of the game by being pricey in the TP. Dyes being account bound would destroy the dye market. So I don’t see it happening.
I think ANet has done very well choosing what should and what shouldn’t be account bound. I guess the only change I see being beneficial without wrecking the economy is changing WvW blueprints to be account bound. I don’t see anything wrong or hurtful in doing that if it’s possible.

~Tarnished Coast~

(edited by Shonie.5297)

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

karma,
Thats the big one for me.

Esp now there are karma pots, its just uncessary to have to shunt them between characters, just pool the karma per account and cut the character swapping and bank shuffling.

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

1. Legenedaries
2. Map completion star
3. Dyes
4. Story mode
5. Fractals..

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

Nothing besides maybe story mode dungeon completion for the sake of starting exploration runs.

Only change I’d like to see otherwise for a more alt friendly game would be making the daily/monthly doable on each character you have. Just make sure the karma jug is only rewarded once per day per account, make laurels soulbound and obtainable once per day with each character.

It would individualize character progression a bit more and be less of a hindrance for people with alts. There would be no benefit having multiple toons over having once, since each toon would provide for themselves and not the account.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I already +1 to all the prior good ideas above.

Adding to the list:

Anything the MF flushes out to you should be, at the most, account bound.
Example: Necro puts in 4 random green weapons → really cool soul bound torch pops out. /sigh
Ranger tosses in 4 green medium chest pieces → nice rare soul bound heavy armor chest piece

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I’m for:
1. Story Mode. Either would like it account bound or at least tracked in a way that allows me to see which character did what. Added, need a dungeon tracker in general, no idea which ones I need so one day/week will do them all.

2. Crafted or dropped Weapons and Armor no binding at all. Unless you want to tack on some sort of bonus. Armor and weapons bought with tokens should be soulbound with bonus attached. Guild Wars system was pretty good, 99% of weapons were free to trade unless you decided to tack on 20% damage increase and soulbind it to character.

Here, it could be like a 5%increase, otherwise swap weapons freely between all characters including your own.

3. Fractal Lvls. These being account bound actually makes sense now with the change. Even though you can join a higher lvl, +higher levels through hand me downs and only gain a lvl, I can understand where many may think it’s just an annoyance.

4. WvW siege. I agree with the reasons everyone thus fas have stated.

I’m not for:

A. Dyes. I agree with the few here that said it would destroy a lively dye market. This really isn’t an issue for me. I actually like that I’m forced to make a decision on where that dye goes. Guild Wars was pretty much the same way, only no tp.

B. Map completion. I think the point here is that even though you have the title from your first go round, the star is a pat on the back per character.

Hmmm, as far as legendaries go…they fit into my thinking that anything crafted/bought/sold should fall in line with my wants above for weapons/armor. Not soul bound unless you do something to it, like tack on an extra 5%damage.

All in all though, I can live with the way it is currently, nothing game breaking.

(edited by Akari Storm.6809)

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

1. siege blueprints
2. wvw ranks (keep abilities chosen char based)
3. Fractal level
4. dye (this was the way it was advertised to be before release)
5. soulbound weapons – Their is already no ability to sell off weapons you don’t use anymore, other than to a merchant NPC for a few silver.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

1. Dyes.
2. WvW ranks.
3. Legendary weapons.
4. WvW siege equipment. My squishy ranger doesn’t need flame rams, but my tanky warrior would love them.

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

Personally I think the only thing that should be character bound is armor, but things I would personally like to see:

Dyes – I’m not sure making them account bound would destroy the market; the fact that they are per character discourages people from collecting them; I know I never buy them on TP. If they were account bound I think you would see the handful of expensive dyes lower in price and the other 300+ dyes which don’t sell for much increase in price due to shifts in demand. I haven’t bought dye since the first week of the game because it seem useless as I play multiple alts.

World Completion Emblem – The title is fine but I would rather have one of my GW1 titles up. What I like about the emblem is I can have both. As it is, WvW has become so stagnant I have had 3 characters at 99% for about three months now, and the only reasonable way I can see of finishing those is transferring servers, which I won’t do.

Exotic and Legendary Weapons – In GW1 you got to choose whether to personalize weapons. This allowed you to move weapons around to other characters as you experimented with builds. This has already come up for me and it’s frustrating knowing I have a great exotic on a character not being used but if I want another character to use the same skin, I’ll have to shell out 10g. It’s a bit annoying.

Posted by: BetaWar.7903

BetaWar.7903

I would simply be happy with dyes being account bound. At the moment I only unlock dyes on my main and don’t worry about it on my alts. I’d be far more willing to get them off the TP (as in I may actually purchase one) if I knew I would have it forever regardless of what character I was playing.