This game is not for most of you anymore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

Please take the time to read this post ive thought an enormous amount about this, please don’t remove it either im not trying to be cynical, just realistic to the playerbase who commits to this game for specific reasons.

After all of gamescon and recent interviews, what we’ve pretty much obtained from the devs is “if you like wvw, spvp, fractals/dungeons, then too bad because we’re working too much on the living story to do any content/features for that.”

What we learned from gamescon interviews.
- No new dungeons planned for a while, too much effort, fractals easier. Fractals have only ever had 1 update which shows how little committment they had. They specifically said “there are so many parts of the game to commit to thats its hard to do this as well”.
- WvW updates comes extremely infrequently as well. And when they do, we get what happened with this feature pack. A handful of changes that take a week.
- sPvP has taken 2 years to develop to a state thats almost esport-ish. We still have like 3 new maps and 1 gamemode after 2 years. This is not even remotely close to enough development to support an esports type of scene.

All of these things were big things at launch, implemented in the game. Bigger than the LS that didn’t exist then. For some reason this has changed. Anet still has their eye set on the living story.

At least with the first living stoyr we saw a diveristy in content, which was yes a complaint which is why they separate living story from feature patch now. But there are so many things that are considered content that don’t fit in the living story or features patches. Let me give a list

Fractals
WvW maps
sPvP maps/modes
New dungeons or revamped dungeons
Guild missions(also completely abadoned)

At first I had some hope that “hey well the devs technically can find a place to fit this in during the living story, they just need to give a lore reason behidn it so it fits in the story.” Thats exactly what they did in the first season. Except this tiem around they show no interest in doing anything but open world content and living story instances. They sound like they actually can’t do more than that because its too much.

Anyway im giving up on this game because Anet really has pushed me and many other parts of the community away for only one part of the game. Interviews gave this away and if you all want to be honest with yourself, then you should do the same.

I don’t hate the living story by any means, but if its all Anet can do, then they’ve failed. If they have no other big projects in the background then they will dissappoint the community even more because what they are doing right now is not working at all.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You post seems to be a week early.

Maybe hold off until we see what the new PvE feature part of the feature patch holds and then make a judgment.

For me at least this is their last chance to show they are actually working on PvE content and not just smoke and mirrors. If next week doesn’t have some hefty PvE content then I am inclined to agree with you.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

agreed wholeheartedly with you. Only reason I am staying in the game right now is because of the dungeons. and friends. In a few months I guess I might disappear again and go do something else. All I know is A-net is not doing anything good.

SkylightMoon.2098

Maybe hold off until we see what the new PvE feature part of the feature patch holds and then make a judgment.

For me at least this is their last chance to show they are actually working on PvE content and not just smoke and mirrors. If next week doesn’t have some hefty PvE content then I am inclined to agree with you.

You won’t be getting any content in the feature patch, just new systems I hope. It really makes me sad that this is how the devs have chosen to drive the game. Im just telling you how it is. i’ll link you the interview regarding the PVE if you want.

4:15

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Agreed. All of their focuses and big selling points at launch have been abandoned for the living story. Sad part is, it’s not even the cool living world they originally advertised it as, it’s just a personal story expansion in season 2. Everything people loved and bought the game for has been abandoned by arenanet, and it makes no sense at all.

Blackgate

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Hey now guys, we have gem store updates every 2 weeks. That’s 2 weeks of content, I don’t know about you but I’d rather pay real money for my cool loot than actually work for it in game. It’s so cool that this game is becoming the IMVU of MMOs! <3 GW2!

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Anyway im giving up on this game … and if you all want to be honest with yourself, then you should do the same.

I am sorry that you don’t like the game any more (ever?), but this part always makes me laugh, whenever anyone says it, or the similar “I’m leaving now, and because I’m going, it has failed, because I’m the benchmark”.

Are we in a teen boy-meets-girl comedy, and this is the part where the girl breaks up with the jock at the party and everyone has stopped and staring at the jock, and he’s all flustered, and says the inane thing that he says and follows it with, “Come on guys, lets go”, and none of his buddies seem eager to follow him?

Please tell me I’m not going to have to race you down the K-12.

SkylightMoon.2098

Anyway im giving up on this game … and if you all want to be honest with yourself, then you should do the same.

I am sorry that you don’t like the game any more (ever?), but this part always makes me laugh, whenever anyone says it, or the similar “I’m leaving now, and because I’m going, it has failed, because I’m the benchmark”.

Are we in a teen boy-meets-girl comedy, and this is the part where the girl breaks up with the jock at the party and everyone has stopped and staring at the jock, and he’s all flustered, and says the inane thing that he says and follows it with, “Come on guys, lets go”, and none of his buddies seem eager to follow him?

A lot of people are going to have this response, especially after hearing about dungeons/fractals. Like I said, it snot like im monthly paying, but as someone who has been extremely dedicated to gw2 and the devs, this is kinda the last straw after so many failures. I will always come back in a heartbeat if anything good is done like an expansion.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Agreed. All of their focuses and big selling points at launch have been abandoned for the living story.

Ehm .. what big selling points ? The biggest selling point has always been the open world
with dynamic events .. and never dungeons and especially not fractals.
And of course no raids / geargrind ..

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

As long as their main focus is not on pvp but on living story and pve they do all right in my book. Those are the only things I care for and enjoy in the game.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

SkylightMoon.2098

As long as their main focus is not on pvp but on living story and pve they do all right in my book. Those are the only things I care for and enjoy in the game.

They don’t need to have a main focus. They just don’t cater to any parts of the game but the terribly linear living story. The living story instances they add don’t even have any replayability. The achievements are insanely easy which takes away from its replayability. At least with dungeons they added the first time around those could definitely be done more than once.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

A lot of people are going to have this response, especially after hearing about dungeons/fractals. Like I said, it snot like im monthly paying, but as someone who has been extremely dedicated to gw2 and the devs, this is kinda the last straw after so many failures. I will always come back in a heartbeat if anything good is done like an expansion.

Well, I hope they add some things that you find worthy to come back for, so long as they aren’t jarring, game altering changes that would then make me leave, that would be a bummer. But if it’s more content like more dungeons, areas, classes, races, WvW, PvP, etc, and that makes you come back, then that’d be great.

I am being honest with myself when I say that I’m still enjoying myself, and don’t see anything as a failure. I have a few minor gripes that are frustrating, like not all pets swimming. The other two related to their new healthy and appropriate direction that started around 10 months ago to help make the game safe for NASCAR and Jeebus and children. I’m not sure why it’s my job to help teach someone’s else’s children about values, or why that in turn has to result in intolerance towards what I value, and why it can’t all be about choices and options, but I digress. It hasn’t taken me to a breaking point .. yet, but when it did, and I decided to post about it, I wouldn’t presume to finish my screed with explaining to people why they needed to be honest with themselves and leave also. That’s just weird. I’m not saying you are wrong to have the feelings you have, just don’t presume I need to be honest with myself for your reasons. Not having ‘new’ of all the things you listed doesn’t really impact me very much, the way that I play and enjoy the game. I actually like the LS, and more so LS2.

But, I hope they add something that would get you to come back.

I do fear that they are very much in a ‘live maintenance’ mode where they’ve crunched the numbers and decided that living story plus shop items, even with ‘n’ number of people bleeding out, will yield them ‘d’ dollars over ‘t’ time, and they are good with that. I’m sure I might be faced with my own analysis some day.

I was sweating there for a minute, thought I was going to have to race you.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Sounds to me like the game is just not for YOU personally anymore, OP.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

SkylightMoon.2098

Sounds to me like the game is just not for YOU personally anymore, OP.

its me, and everyone who wants content for wvw, spvp, dungeons, fractals, and pretty much anything different than the living story.

Posted by: Lapiy.7160

Lapiy.7160

I have to agree and was thinking of making my own thread but you have to remember most people who are leaving the game/left will not go on the forums to talk about or support a thread like. Alot of people who love the living story will come to bash the tread and that will be the end of that. Also my dungeon pve guild went from 370 active members a year ago to 250 by the end of season one then alot of people logged for season 2 where disappointed and never logged on again.
My friends list of hardcore dungoners/fractalers(about 100 none guildys) is dead and I only see some on for wvw. People have left the game and more will leave after hearing this but the amount of causal players making Anet money is to big for them to care about the people who where here from the start and care about there game.

Servers: Crystal Desert, Underworld, Eredon Terrace
Guilds: [TDS] The Desert Squad-Retired, [bM] Badmash, [BoRP] Bunch Of Random Players
Always looking for fights gvg’s etc just hit me up!

(edited by Lapiy.7160)

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

The game isn’t being designed with dungeon runners as their focus.

Wait… this is news? There hasn’t been a new dungeon since the last Fractals update, they’ve even SAID that their dedicated dungeon team was disbanded last year at some point.

The writing had been on the wall for some time… if you’re looking for challenging small or large group instanced content, this was not/is not/will not be the game for you.

This “news” is much ado about nothing.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

14 characters. Not bored with any of them.
It’ll be a while before I do. =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Dustbite.3670

Dustbite.3670

Agreed. All of their focuses and big selling points at launch have been abandoned for the living story.

Ehm .. what big selling points ? The biggest selling point has always been the open world

Euhm, a game like gw2 needs some kind of gear grind to keep players busy. I agree with the OP, the game has been focusing on the living world so much, that they abandoned everything else. I still know we had some kind of event every month/2 months, which could keep me busy. They dropped that, and gave us 1-2 days of content from the LS…

What is there to do at endgame? After 2 years of playing, people get bored of doing the same dungeons/fractals, without any goal to go for. If u dont like legendary’s, what else can u get??

We need more dungeons/fractals/skins/goals with rewards, and before anyone says we have enough skins in the game, for a game based on appearence, there really aint many endgame skins. I still login once in a while, only to see nothing changed, which is sad since gw2 has so much potential

SkylightMoon.2098

The game isn’t being designed with dungeon runners as their focus.

Wait… this is news? There hasn’t been a new dungeon since the last Fractals update, they’ve even SAID that their dedicated dungeon team was disbanded last year at some point.

The writing had been on the wall for some time… if you’re looking for challenging small or large group instanced content, this was not/is not/will not be the game for you.

This “news” is much ado about nothing.

Again, I didn’t even say dungeons lol. I said everything besides the living story which is a lot. Its just underwhelming for every other subforum here. They are just parts of the game waiting to die out.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Euhm, a game like gw2 needs some kind of gear grind to keep players busy. I agree with the OP, the game has been focusing on the living world so much, that they abandoned everything else. I still know we had some kind of event every month/2 months, which could keep me busy. They dropped that, and gave us 1-2 days of content from the LS…

What is there to do at endgame? After 2 years of playing, people get bored of doing the same dungeons/fractals, without any goal to go for. If u dont like legendary’s, what else can u get??

We need more dungeons/fractals/skins/goals with rewards, and before anyone says we have enough skins in the game, for a game based on appearence, there really aint many endgame skins. I still login once in a while, only to see nothing changed, which is sad since gw2 has so much potential

Needs some kind of gear grind? There’s the Mawdrey for one.

As for what is there to do during endgame? I know 2 years worth of playtime can eventually bore someone out. What I do is make my own fun and just take my sweet-kitten time on what I do. If I get bored with PvE? I just do a couple of PvP with random strangers and hope that I win. If I get bored with that, I do WvW. If I get bored with THAT, I go back to PvE and maybe do something else like RPing with someone in a hometown.

While yes, this game does need dungeons and fractals, I am sure they will eventually add them (by their answer, that would mean no dungeon meant for Mordremoth, I think). I am willing to wait as long as it takes for that to happen.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

SkylightMoon.2098

As for what is there to do during endgame? I know 2 years worth of playtime can eventually bore someone out. What I do is make my own fun and just take my sweet-kitten time on what I do. If I get bored with PvE? I just do a couple of PvP with random strangers and hope that I win. If I get bored with that, I do WvW. If I get bored with THAT, I go back to PvE and maybe do something else like RPing with someone in a hometown.

While yes, this game does need dungeons and fractals, I am sure they will eventually add them (by their answer, that would mean no dungeon meant for Mordremoth, I think). I am willing to wait as long as it takes for that to happen.

To be honest dude. These are possibly the lowest standards you could have. This is a game thats taken 2 years to add 2 maps to pve. You really want to play a game like that? A game that even makes enough money to do more than that. With what you’re saying, you are the one pretty much creating content, by finding new things to do with existing content, not the devs. For any other MMO this is extremely sub-par for content standards.

We’ve begged for big meaty expansion features since day one and have only seen a few. Compared to guild wars 1 this game has such little content.

(edited by SkylightMoon.2098)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

While it is very noble of you to try to save me from myself (being unable to think clearly and all, it is a curse as I am sure you are well aware) I think I will continue enjoying the game until a time that I no longer enjoy the game and then leave it.

Posted by: Jack.1469

Jack.1469

To be honest dude. These are possibly the lowest standards you could have. This is a game thats taken 2 years to add 2 maps to pve. You really want to play a game like that? A game that even makes enough money to do more than that. With what you’re saying, you are the one pretty much creating content, by finding new things to do with existing content, not the devs. For any other MMO this is extremely sub-par for content standards.

We’ve begged for big meaty expansion features since day one and have only seen a few. Compared to guild wars 1 this game has such little content.

Anyone who thinks the living story updates were a good substitute for expansions has been lying to themselves. Period.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They don’t need to have a main focus. They just don’t cater to any parts of the game but the terribly linear living story. The living story instances they add don’t even have any replayability. The achievements are insanely easy which takes away from its replayability. At least with dungeons they added the first time around those could definitely be done more than once.

All MMOs are linear as far as I can tell. Dungeon 1, Dungeon 2, Raid. That’s what it is.

Guild Wars 2’s story is linear for a reason. Because, get this stories ARE linear. They have a beginning middle and end. It’s sort of what makes them stories.

Your opinion of the story as terrible is just that. Your opinion. And you’re entitled to your opinion.

But less people do dungeons than you think do them, and not just because they dungeons are easy or buggy or suck. In most games less people do harder content than easier content, because people are essentially lazy. It doesn’t matter if you believe me or not. It happens to be true.

There are plenty of people who never finished their personal story or finished it under protest because it meant they had to group with people. More and more, people are playing MMOs like single player games.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

GW2 is like an hotel that advertise a “pool” and “continental breakfast” but all you get is a gross pool and a muffins. The game has so much potential, but they are not exploiting half of it. There is so many goo suggestion everywhere, but it’s been ignored, hell the dungeon subforum didn’t get a single reply in a year, a whole kitten year.

Living story is great, I like it, but if it’s all we get, I rather get regular content, no matter how much they improved the quality of it since LS 1, at least we were getting other things. I feel like the content every 2 weeks give them an excuse to be mediocre, when they said TA aetherblade path was too much work, I died a little inside.

I’m going to quote skylight when he said “people basically have to create their own content” players makes this game better than it really is.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Don’t try to force me into having your opinions by telling me I’m dishonest if I have different ones than you.

When I do play the game, right now I’m in a big movie and tv show watching binge on Netflix, I thoroughly enjoy myself. I’m not bored of what’s available. Sure every update may not be my cup of tea, but you can’t please everyone and there are aspects of the game that aren’t my cup of tea but are for someone else.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

You won’t be getting any content in the feature patch, just new systems I hope. It really makes me sad that this is how the devs have chosen to drive the game. Im just telling you how it is. i’ll link you the interview regarding the PVE if you want.

4:15

You leave out context. Which is dungeons. No hard mode planned. Dungeons might see quality of life type updates (think dredge fractal).

Dungeons could someday get “hard mode” achievements.

This will not be akin to the TA aether path, which could be considered your traditional hard mode dungeon. I think more people do Arah p4 than they ever do Aetherpath.

But who knows? Nothings set in stone.

No major dungeon changes in the immediate future (this does not mean no dungeon changes never ever).

But hey since you failed to make that distinction, maybe you think like me and PvE is PvE.

Content wise in PvE you just got: a new map, new weapons, new backpiece, new armor and weapon stats for exotic and ascended variants, new food, great new skins (both new and nostalgic), and a LS season.

Vayne.8563

That’s why all you are is pretty Farmville. It’s why you are to be copied by your superior, and then forgotten. The good should be stolen from you, and the bad gutted. You will not fix your problems. I hope you’re bankrupted.

That’s just disgusting. You’re wishing an entire company to go out of business because you don’t like their game…knowing that other people do like it. This is probably the most selfish post I’ve ever seen on the forums.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I highly suggest people watch and read these recent interviews for themselves, a lot of forum posters are either misinterpreting and over extrapolating the developers answers.

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

I still log in once in a while only because I haven’t found something better yet.

The state of MMO’s in general is terrible – they’re all treadmill/hamster wheel/slot machines.

I’m thinking of just playing Skyrim for a bit until Star Citizen comes out – at which point I will probably not be logging in to GW2.

Since there is no sub for GW2, there’s no reason to uninstall. I check back every now and then just to see if Anet has seen the light yet – but they never do.

People want more content. It’s that simple.

Expand your world – make it bigger.

More dungeons (better dungeons!)
More zones/maps.
More open world.
More dynamic.
More WvWvW maps and PvP game modes.
More classes.
More skills.
More weapons.
More loot (Legendary Armor would be a good start).

These are the ONLY things that will keep more people coming back.

What GW2 has right now may be fine for their hardcore fanbase – and that’s not a bad thing.

But my prediction is that none of that will bring in NEW players, and it won’t keep the majority from leaving.

If you want GW2 to THRIVE, then you must demand MORE content.

There’s a gigantic heap of dead MMO’s out there. GW2 will just become one more of them unless they create mountains of new content.

I believe it’s possible to achieve. What I am skeptical about is whether or not Anet believes this.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

With the FGS getting fix all pve is going to have a major changes to how you play it. Most speed runs are going to be reset in how they run them we may even see condtion dmg make a come back.

There a lot more goings on then just what is bluntly there every changes dose more to the game then you realize at your first knee junk reaction like your doing now. Live even is more then just what happens at that moment you must THINK about all impaction.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I highly suggest people watch and read these recent interviews for themselves, a lot of forum posters are either misinterpreting and over extrapolating the developers answers.

Because they don’t like this game and they don’t want you to like it either.

You folks who are done with this loser game, please send me your loser gold and materials in game. It’s for losers. It stands for everything you’re against.

Cool guys like you don’t need it.

Posted by: Exit.5213

Exit.5213

I’d like to see open world content carrying this game instead of another dungeon/raiding PvE. Agreed that PvP could get some more love.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Whatever happened to speaking for yourself and allowing others to decide for themselves what they do and do not enjoy?

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

All MMOs are linear as far as I can tell. Dungeon 1, Dungeon 2, Raid. That’s what it is.

The reduction of the entire MMO genre to the classic themepark PvE-centric model is somewhat naive on your part.

EVE Online is an MMO.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

No one is saying you don’t have reasons to go. What some of us find humorous is this idea that because you feel as you do. that a LOT of other people also feel as you do, and are gonna follow up these feelings by leaving the game.

Seems a bit arrogant. Just because you dislike something to the point where you are gonna leave the game, doesn’t mean anyone else will follow you.

Sometimes we have to accept that our reasons for leaving a game are personal. And when we leave, we leave the same way we arrived, we arrived alone, … we leave alone.

Leaving should be that last step taken when dissatisfaction with the game is greater than satisfaction. It should be taken as a step because playing the game no longer gives the joy it used to.

It should not be seen as " the first step in a boycott." or " a protest movement." or " Leading the charge" because 90 % of the time, no one will follow.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

But my prediction is that none of that will bring in NEW players, and it won’t keep the majority from leaving.

I’m not actually so sure of that. I think GW2 really is a good game until you do everything that appeals to you. It’s just that once we’ve done that, the stuff that a lot of us like to do isn’t getting added to.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Content wise in PvE you just got: a new map, new weapons, new backpiece, new armor and weapon stats for exotic and ascended variants, new food, great new skins (both new and nostalgic), and a LS season.

New map is pretty cool
New weapons are interesting
New back piece is acceptable
New armor and weapon stats are worthless and trivial to implement
New food.. now that’s what the people want
More skins are always good
Story was lackluster and predictable as usual, up to the boss fight, which was refreshingly engaging… the first time…

My only hope is that whatever big projects going on in the background mentioned at the beginning of the year are still happening, because unless my friends actually get into the game soon I’m not gonna have much to do after I finish my ascended armor.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Yargesh.4965

I’m not actually so sure of that. I think GW2 really is a good game until you do everything that appeals to you. It’s just that once we’ve done that, the stuff that a lot of us like to do isn’t getting added to.

Absolutely, when you use up what you get pleasure out of there is not a lot of reason to keep doing what you don’t enjoy. Take the joy, remember it and move on when it becomes less fun and absolutely move on when it becomes a chore.

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

No one is saying you don’t have reasons to go. What some of us find humorous is this idea that because you feel as you do. that a LOT of other people also feel as you do, and are gonna follow up these feelings by leaving the game.

Seems a bit arrogant. Just because you dislike something to the point where you are gonna leave the game, doesn’t mean anyone else will follow you.

alot of people have already left the game. but this will destroy all the hope of the remaining players.

[qT] Quantify

Vayne.8563

The reduction of the entire MMO genre to the classic themepark PvE-centric model is somewhat naive on your part.

EVE Online is an MMO.

Yep with 500 thousands subs at max. But I was talking about theme park MMOs thanks for pointing that out.

I don’t really see any good reason to compare theme park MMOs to sand box MMOs, or MMOFPSs for that matter.

Sandbox is it’s own thing. It’s not linear by definition. But theme park MMOs, and Guild Wars 2 is very much a themepark, is going to be linear.

Nerelith.7360

People are watching. Someone will do this better, and we can do there. Sorry but raids and dungeons are a staple. Ultimately, this is a loser’s game with loser’s content. It appeals to the base – the common man – the person that just stinks at video games. And that’s fine, in part. He’s the biggest customer. but he’s the only one you care about. That’s why all you are is pretty Farmville. It’s why you are to be copied by your superior, and then forgotten. The good should be stolen from you, and the bad gutted. You will not fix your problems. I hope you’re bankrupted. I imagine you scrapped that big TBD world boss you had planned. You should, particularly in light of your terrific failure Wurm (you’ve managed to create a less exciting AND less accessible encounter than a proper raid.) Your most useful purpose is to serve as a guide for future developers as to what to avoid. The combat has a lot to it. I think other mmo’s will become comfortable with the action scene and refine it. But you are the saddest trick and trap I’ve ever seen.

Well, I happen to be enjoying the game. I am sorry your experience was not a positive one. I hope you find a game that is more pleasant for you.

The fact is, that MMO’s cannot please everyone. Some decision to please one group will displease another group. There will always be players that do not feel the game is giving them what they need for them to continue playing the game.

In many ways an MMO is Like a boyfriend or girlfriend. As long as your needs are being met you are happy. If your needs are not being met, then you need to ask yourself." should i move on?"

The Big difference is, if a Player decides to leave an MMO, no one’s feelings get hurt.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

To anyone who says there isn’t enough people doing dungeons, with an unofficial dungeon tournament stream we got about 2k viewers at peak. As much as GW2 official PvP tournament, with advertisement everywhere for weeks. There is definitely a crowd for dungeons, the only reason we won’t see anything is because it wouldn’t bring any income.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

EVE Online is an MMO.

Yep with 500 thousands subs at max. But I was talking about theme park MMOs thanks for pointing that out.

I don’t really see any good reason to compare theme park MMOs to sand box MMOs, or MMOFPSs for that matter.

Sandbox is it’s own thing. It’s not linear by definition. But theme park MMOs, and Guild Wars 2 is very much a themepark, is going to be linear.

Why did you feel the need to point out EVE’s subscriber count? Is it meant to be a jab? Because when GW2 will have 10 years you can bet the population won’t be anywhere near that number.

So we agree that not all MMOs are linear, but themepark ones are. And that GW2 is essentially a themepark one. Cool just wanted to be precise, sorry for being pedantic.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I am waiting but I gotta say after the list they posted I don’t hold much hope as an Engineer. I’m really really trying to be positive about this but let me give you a back story.

When a company does something I don’t like I make sure that I’m not taken in again by it. I watch any and all other projects under the same publisher.

Let me tell you that the same problems we’re seeing here as far as rewards, the economy, loot etc are actually happening in a sister project and are actually causing people to leave not in the second month but the first month of a sister game of this one.

When I learned all of the same problems I’ve experienced as a player in this title are indeed happening in a sister game when it comes to loot, progression, rewards and the economy, that let me know that there’s a bigger problem here. I’m not making this stuff up seriously I’m not go read that other game’s forum you’ll see what I mean.

The only thing we can do at this point is vote with our wallet. That’s what I plan on doing myself I cannot speak for everyone but this game is just nowhere near not only what I was told it would be prelaunch but it’s also nowhere near what they said it would have 6 months ago.

I’m trying to be patient I am but I also have to be realistic, here’s me being patient waiting for that feature pack and then any announcement they have to make about what’s planned next if there’s anything on the wiki list they are planning on working on for Feature Pack 3

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Please take the time to read this post ive thought an enormous amount about this, please don’t remove it either im not trying to be cynical, just realistic to the playerbase who commits to this game for specific reasons.

After all of gamescon and recent interviews, what we’ve pretty much obtained from the devs is “if you like wvw, spvp, fractals/dungeons, then too bad because we’re working too much on the living story to do any content/features for that.”

- No new dungeons planned for a while, too much effort, fractals easier. Fractals have only ever had 1 update which shows how little committment they had. They specifically said “there are so many parts of the game to commit to thats its hard to do this as well”.
- WvW updates comes extremely infrequently as well. And when they do, we get what happened with this feature pack. A handful of changes that take a week.
- sPvP has taken 2 years to develop to a state thats almost esport-ish. We still have like 3 new maps and 1 gamemode after 2 years. This is not even remotely close to enough development to support an esports type of scene.

All of these things were big things at launch, implemented in the game. Bigger than the LS that didn’t exist then. For some reason this has changed. Anet still has their eye set on the living story.

At least with the first living stoyr we saw a diveristy in content, which was yes a complaint which is why they separate living story from feature patch now. But there are so many things that are considered content that don’t fit in the living story or features patches. Let me give a list

Fractals
WvW maps
sPvP maps/modes

At first I had some hope that “hey well the devs technically can find a place to fit this in during the living story, they just need to give a lore reason behidn it so it fits in the story.” Thats exactly what they did in the first season. Except this tiem around they show no interest in doing anything but open world content and living story instances. They sound like they actually can’t do more than that because its too much.

Anyway im giving up on this game because Anet really has pushed me and many other parts of the community away for only one part of the game. Interviews gave this away and if you all want to be honest with yourself, then you should do the same.

I don’t hate the living story by any means, but if its all Anet can do, then they’ve failed. If they have no other big projects in the background then they will dissappoint the community even more because what they are doing right now is not working at all.

I’m quite happy with the game. I spend 90% of my game time out side of WvW PvP and dungeons/fractles. I’ve played since beta, but I’ve probably played a quarter of your total play time. I’ve only totalled 1000 hours. And even though I’ve mapped the world on my main when I play my alts or go to an area that I’ve not been in for awhile I find things I missed hell I was in queens Dale doing dailies and I found a cave full of wolves. Never seen it before. And I’ve levelled 4 toons through there. In an MMO you make your own fun. And I’m quite good at doing that.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

A single dungeon with the depth and the difficulty of underworld/ fow or doa from GW1 would be enough to keep many players busy for months. But instead of we get some living story that you finish in one hour, and thats it.
The combat-system of GW2 is the best i ever played, and i dont understand why they waste it with their living story instead of giving us a challenging dungeon.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Nerelith.7360

alot of people have already left the game. but this will destroy all the hope of the remaining players.

While I would Love to see your source for the above, I doubt you’ll provide it. Even if many players have left, there is no way you can say you Know why they left.

it can be anything from " lack of diversity in weapons" to " been there, done that. moving on."

Saying that players left because they feel as you feel, and that because those matters you value, are not the ones the developer values, and since they do not value what you value, the game is ultimately going to fail. Is mighty presumptuous.

I can understand that you are displeased with the general direction of the game. I can understand that you feel it is a bad direction for Anet to take.

That doesn’t mean it is a bad direction, and it doesn’t mean the game will fail.

Sometimes the best thing to do, when one feels that a game is not enjoyable, is to find a different game to play.

Yargesh.4965

A single dungeon with the depth and the difficulty of underworld/ fow or doa from GW1 would be enough to keep many players busy for months. But instead of we get some living story that you finish in one hour, and thats it.
The combat-system of GW2 is the best i ever played, and i dont understand why they waste it with their living story instead of giving us a challenging dungeon.

A dungeon along the lines of the Aetherblade path that is not done by people because you can do several other dungeons in the same length of time it takes to run this one path?

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Fractals
WvW maps
sPvP maps/modes

I’m quite happy with the game. I spend 90% of my game time out side of WvW PvP and dungeons/fractles. I’ve played since beta, but I’ve probably played a quarter of your total play time. I’ve only totalled 1000 hours. And even though I’ve mapped the world on my main when I play my alts or go to an area that I’ve not been in for awhile I find things I missed hell I was in queens Dale doing dailies and I found a cave full of wolves. Never seen it before. And I’ve levelled 4 toons through there. In an MMO you make your own fun. And I’m quite good at doing that.

aye, the other day I was leveling an alt, and joined up in this “mini moa” event, where you have to catch them into the pen. I’ve mapped queensdale twice and not came across that. I actually followed the couple of events after, and bought me some dancing moas XD.
(shame the item is soulbound though…anet..why..why ……account bound would be fine! T_T..)