This game is not making sense to me!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

You obviously don’t read map chat there’s plenty of drama

What server? Mine has nothing, probably need to world transfer soon.

Dragonbrand

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

i SUPORT THIS topic duels inspect and gvg its MUST BE in this game !!!

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

Yea I agree, along with a world chat too.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

One can only assume that you’re a teenager by this topic. Ganking newbies is wrong, just like punching babies is wrong.

Guild Wars 1&2 are named after an event in history in the Tyrian timeline. ArenaNet (ARENA) was named because they wanted to make an e-sport type of game, they’re still working on that.

You’ll eventually get GvG and plenty of other types of PvP because that is the founding principal of the company. GW1 didn’t have GvG right out of the gate iirc. It’s only been a couple months since launch, sit back, relax, and enjoy the game.

And if you want to start drama all you have to do in all your 14 years of life is to discuss religion or politics in /map chat.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

The amount of testosterone flying around this thread is astonishing.
OP there are hundreds of games out there that you can play and with enough drama and ganking for even you.
I’m tired just reading about what you want- thank the six GW2 is not that game.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

GvG would be nice, although not really needed with the current spvp setup unless it was a larger-scale battle system.

Inspecting gear would just lead to ridiculous elitism, and provide nothing of use. A good player in blue/green gear is still better than an idiot in exotics, and inspect can’t show you player skill.

Duels are something else that’s unneeded and quite pointless in GW2 (it’s a team game, not Street Fighter), but would be something I know a lot of people would use. It would just have to be a special arena/town, because we don’t need random chest thumpers going around challenging everyone to duels and being a general nuisance. I really don’t care if this is added or not, but I do care that it’s not added to the open world.

From my experiences in GW1 (you could do a 1v1 by guest inviting to a guild and starting a GvG scrimmage with just the two players), 1v1 challenges seem to get thrown around a lot when someone gets mad, gets made to look like a moron, or disagrees with someone else. They seemed to think that killing my video game character with their video game character will suddenly make them look smarter or make me agree with them…or maybe that I would just shut up in shame. Perhaps I should have accepted some of the childish challengers just to prove to them how little their duel would have changed the situation…

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

well, not mostof the time.

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

^ Why it’s called Guild Wars

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Negative, drama is a major factor in leaving several other games I have played. No inspect, no gs, no guild drama, very few people care who the #1 guild is, especially since it is nearly impossible to measure in PvP.

Duels would be fine, though it should be set to a certain zone or zones, no huge duels in LA please.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Alright. So, I have been playing this game a long time. I kinda feel bored about it. What i feel this game is that this game is just so peace. You can not kill others in the leveling area, can not duel others, even can not check others’ armor. There is like totally no drama!!! But, you know, drama is actually the main thing keep people playing games.

However, those are not the main thing I want to talk about today. Now, here is the big question. Where is the kittening guild wars!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was interested in this game, it is because I like the idea of “guild wars”. The idea of my guild is better than yours! Your guild is junk! You know, dramas!!!!!! Guild wars 1, at least have GVG pvp. But for Guildwars 2, it’s not making sense to me. Where the kitten is the guild wars?!!!! Why don’t you guys making the game name “Zhaitanwars”! GG!!!!

The things you are complaining about are what makes gw2 a great game.

Griefing, pking, and drama are what ruins online games.

It may all sound good to you until you get griefed or pked in low level zones.

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

Alright. So, I have been playing this game a long time. I kinda feel bored about it. What i feel this game is that this game is just so peace. You can not kill others in the leveling area, can not duel others, even can not check others’ armor. There is like totally no drama!!! But, you know, drama is actually the main thing keep people playing games.

However, those are not the main thing I want to talk about today. Now, here is the big question. Where is the kittening guild wars!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I was interested in this game, it is because I like the idea of “guild wars”. The idea of my guild is better than yours! Your guild is junk! You know, dramas!!!!!! Guild wars 1, at least have GVG pvp. But for Guildwars 2, it’s not making sense to me. Where the kitten is the guild wars?!!!! Why don’t you guys making the game name “Zhaitanwars”! GG!!!!

The things you are complaining about are what makes gw2 a great game.

Griefing, pking, and drama are what ruins online games.

It may all sound good to you until you get griefed or pked in low level zones.

But, why didn’t they name this game “Zhaitan Wars”!!!!!!!!!
This is make no sense, at least make it “Guild Wars 2 – ch. Zhaitan”.
And my main question is, where is the guild wars?…

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

And my main question is, where is the guild wars?…

The Guild Wars happened about 250 years ago, your character is living in the aftermath.

Also lack of drama is great! You really want a video game to stress you out, wtf?

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Guild Wars in the first game was a reference to a historical war. This game takes place in the same world, and Guild Wars already has brand recognition, so it would be much smarter to call it Guild Wars 2. Calling it Guild Wars 2 : Chatper Zhaitan really doesn’t mean anything in marketing, cause most people will not know who Zhaitan is until they start to play the game, and no reason to extend the name of the game anyways.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Drama is NOT the main thing i keep on playing games.A community filled with drama,gibberish on the chat,smacktalking,is an mmo where i wont stay long.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I got my monthly dose of drama just reading this trainwreck of a thread. This obviously is not the game for you. There’s still plenty of 12 year olds playing the other games you can grief to your heart’s content. Knock yourself out.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Sir, while everyone is entitled to their opinion and my distrust and lament for this game and its developer as of late is staggering, what you are suggesting is a troll-esq game. I can tell english is not your native tongue, so I am trying to take your word choice with a grain of salt…but drama in a game? My guild is better than yours? That doesnt sound FUN. And I dont think thats what this MMO, or many others like it, are about. Its about defeating monsters, its about defending castle keeps for server pride. Yes, they need to introduce guild vs guild but not for the reason of “my guild is better than yours”. My opinion, thats a childish view of what the game should be.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Lanrin.6785

Lanrin.6785

pleasr no inspect player. gets used by saddos to criticise players they think aren’t geared properly. generally teenage saddos or socially inept saddos in my experience

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

I actually play games specifically to avoid drama.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I think there’s a use for dueling and group duels.

However, the griefing stuff… no; there is no value on picking on lowbies. It’s an incredibly niche interest that generates more whining, especially when wannabe griefers somehow get stopped. You can still grief on the forums.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

you op call drama what common sense call griefing.
you want to bully around making sure with an inspect that you can win easy.
guild wars 2 it’s called so because of lots of reason that you didn’t bother to read when people answered and also because it’s a franchise.
why elder scroll skyrim it’s called elder scroll if it about a dragon born? what kind of stupid question is this?
griefer make me mad so this is what i think of them:
griefer probably think that size does matter… in fact i think that this kind of attitude depends on the fact that we know where griefer lack in size…

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

I’m exposed to enough drama in real life, I’d rather not experience it in game.

GG! Drama makes you feel fun!

Nope, I don’t think this is the right game for you if that’s your attitude. It’s not a bad thing to want these features, but this game was not marketed that way and probably won’t change.

I mean, the name of this game is “Guildwars”. It is not making sense that guild cant not fight other guilds at least. we suppose to fight other guild, or people, instead fighting zhaitan!

Guild wars had to do with lore, not with the players doing guild vs guild.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Timeline

That’s just what they tell you now to make up for the fact that GvG is non-existant.

The game Guild Wars was made by Arena Net and the end game of their first game was PvP.

1+1=2

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

I’m exposed to enough drama in real life, I’d rather not experience it in game.

GG! Drama makes you feel fun!

Nope, I don’t think this is the right game for you if that’s your attitude. It’s not a bad thing to want these features, but this game was not marketed that way and probably won’t change.

I mean, the name of this game is “Guildwars”. It is not making sense that guild cant not fight other guilds at least. we suppose to fight other guild, or people, instead fighting zhaitan!

Guild wars had to do with lore, not with the players doing guild vs guild.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Timeline

That’s just what they tell you now to make up for the fact that GvG is non-existant.

The game Guild Wars was made by Arena Net and the end game of their first game was PvP.

1+1=2

and this is the sequel, so they didn’t change the name because of marketing, brand, fanbois etc etc, is that hard to get over it? you would call a sequel with another name? how lame is that?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Martin Kerstein.3071

Martin Kerstein.3071

Head of Global Community

I think the OP got the answers to the questions – also holy cow, a 28 day old thread that got necro’d.