This is why Anet didn't say anything

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

Because look. Feature patch came and went. Sure there was a kitten storm about how bad megaserver was, and all they had to do was wait and hey look! Everyone likes it now and no more complaining. Now we move on to Season 2 and everybody hyped.

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Oh, there will still be complaining. =P

They’ll complain that megaserver won’t let them play the content.
They’ll complain the content is lame and zergy.
They’ll complain about the rewards being nerfed or token-based.

They’ll complain.

What I’m hoping for is that they’ll release some patch notes about megaserver tuning, etc when the LS2 hits.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

No, “everyone” doesn’t like the megaserver now! It is still a major thorn in my guild’s side (and I’d imagine many others as well). Organizing guild events and missions is horrible with the megaserver. Please don’t presume to speak for everybody with statements like that.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

I don’t like the megaserver at all. It is better than what we had, with empty zones, but I would like a system where users can instead select from a list of districts like:

>Tarnished Coast (your server district)
>District 1 (93% full)
>District 2(83% full)
>District .. 23 (15% full)

And also gives us the option of what sort of district we want to automatically be assigned: server, high pop, low pop

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

They’ll complain the content is lame and zergy.

Or they’ll complain it is too hard and forces them to spread out.

They’ll complain about the rewards being nerfed or token-based.

Or they’ll complain that they have to farm or inflation will overcome them.

The problem is that almost any change affects some people in a good way and others in a bad way. Look at the town clothes -> outfit changes. Lots of unhappy people, but it’s been good for me!

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Rauderi.8706

I’m sad for some of the town clothes/tonics. Those could’ve been turned into outfits with very little trouble.

As it is, while I find them limiting, it’s great I can change in/out of them without paying charges.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

hey look! Everyone likes it now and no more complaining. Now we move on to Season 2 and everybody hyped.

Sorry, but you do not speak for me and many others as well—-“EVERYONE”— likes its now and there is no one complaining? ‘EVERYONE’ hyped for season 2? I don’t think so on both statements.
You are so far out in left field, you are not even in the ball park anymore.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Because look. Feature patch came and went. Sure there was a kitten storm about how bad megaserver was, and all they had to do was wait and hey look! Everyone likes it now and no more complaining. Now we move on to Season 2 and everybody hyped.

Huh? I know there are still a lot of people that hate the megaservers. I’m kinda one of them. I like aspects of it, but generally hate it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

people just give up and learn to live with it. that dont’ mean they like it.

I remember a thread with pages of complaint about guild vault transport made more expensive. I dont’ think those people stop complaining because they start to like it being more expensive.

I mean people isn’t complaining about cof nerf that happened 1 year ago right? They start to accepting the reality it’s happening and that’s the way the game is heading.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

What good does it do to keep talking when no on is listening?

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I don’t like the megaserver at all. It is better than what we had, with empty zones, but I would like a system where users can instead select from a list of districts like:

>District 1 (93% full)
>District 2(83% full)

And also gives us the option of what sort of district we want to automatically be assigned: server, high pop, low pop

Ah, a dream come true if they put this in.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Clearly you haven’t been paying much attention… i’ve seen 9 threads closed complaining about the mega server in the last 5 hours alone. The moderators quickly delete all record of them so people like you are fooled into thinking they are good.

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

I obviously exaggerated with “everyone” but that’s how Anet sees things now. I’m sure they discussed mega server complaints and it went something like this:
“So what are we going to do about the unhappy player base?”

“Just ignore them… When we release new content they’ll stop caring and we won’t have to deal with it.”

Four winds releases

“See? Now we can move forward”

For some reason this bothers me

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

Rauderi.8706

Didn’t the last “ANet’s not saying anything” thread reach something like 1000 replies?
…and they haven’t really said much?

They don’t seem interested in communicating a vision with the playerbase anymore. With the release of LS2 looming in a little over a month, we’ll see if they were trying to keep it a quiet surprise or just trying not to set us up for disappointment.

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

well there is no perfect solution to make everyone happy. The reality is “some people” actually like megaserver, at the same time there are people hating it.

Anet probably care about making new players continue playing more than any others, so they dont’ want to give the impression on dead server.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

>District 1 (93% full)
>District 2(83% full)

This. 10,000 times, THIS.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Clearly you haven’t been paying much attention… i’ve seen 9 threads closed complaining about the mega server in the last 5 hours alone. The moderators quickly delete all record of them so people like you are fooled into thinking they are good.

These threads are generally merged to the megaserver thread that was started specifically to handle those types of concerns. Sometimes they are deleted yes. But it’s not some sort of conspiracy that they are trying to hide that SOME people are unhappy with the megaservers. If people actually looked at the threads, and posted in the correct threads, the moderators would have a far easier time on the hands. Just sayin….

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Feedback-Questions-MegaServer/page/40#post4068823

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Funny, I don’t recall any issue actually being fixed (except Dredge Fractal).

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

>District 1 (93% full)
>District 2(83% full)

Ah, a dream come true if they put this in.

Agreed.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Fundamental changes to the game are not the same as Living Story. So no, I don’t think Anet thinks we’re going to stop complaining about some of the fundamental changes, just because we’re promised new Living Story.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

The reason people are hating megaservers is because Anet never optimized/fine-tuned it for specific situations e.g. guild missions.

For me, personally, the megaserver made the game more MMO-like but the lack of aforementioned tuning is turning others off and are taking away the chance of them appreciating it. It all boils down on implementation. Sadly, IMO, Anet’s QA has been reaaaaaaaaaally terrible and one can only hope of improvements.

On a side note, I really hope Anet’s not gonna go with an out of sight, out of mind mentality given all the silence and close-to-nothing feedback regarding the feature patch.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Megaserver is awesome, they just need to add districts. >.<

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

I feel the need to add to the discussion.

Waiting and not saying anything doesn’t mean no one is listening. Giving people time to adjust (or not) is all part of the process, IMHO. Watch, observe and take notes.

Making mega-server play optional might be a worthy compromise, much like how we used to be able to leave an overflow server or continue playing in overflow. Or perhaps as an (highly visible) option/preference on our character select page.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Now we move on to Season 2 and everybody hyped.

Who is this “we”?
The people who have extremely low standards and expectations?
Will WvW finally get fixed? Will they finally add precursor hunt? Will they finally fix FoTM? Will they start regularly adding new skills as promised in 2013 summer?
No one knows.
But there is one thing we all are guaranteed. More gem store items and no real content.

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

I must have missed the memo about being excited for LS season 2.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

>District 1 (93% full)
>District 2(83% full)

Selecting districts on your own would be amazing.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

ICEing, I hope you’ve learnt your lesson about trying to be subtle on a gaming forum.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Megaserver is awesome, they just need to add districts. >.<

It is awesome. If they put in districts it would remove the complaints I’ve seen. The ability to say “join us in district 3” or the ability to choose a full district or one with few people. If you are farming nodes the ability to learn the nodes on one district and then return to that one on any alts. If you are at a meta boss and get DC’d, the ability to get back into that district instead of logging back to land in a map where it’s over or never started. Districts would solve a lot of these problems.

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

Theres always complaining. I for one liked season 1. It wasnt the best, but good enough. Personally i think most people just complain for the heck of it

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

>District 1 (93% full)
>District 2(83% full)

That and a queue system will be my dream come true.

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

well there is no perfect solution to make everyone happy. The reality is “some people” actually like megaserver, at the same time there are people hating it.

Anet probably care about making new players continue playing more than any others, so they dont’ want to give the impression on dead server.

Actually there is… make a good game.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I assume you are being sarcastic because obviously not everyone likes it.

Complaints are being deleted and ignored. That is standard operating procedure for ANet. It’s their game, they can do what they want with it. Not necessarily good business. I’ve posted about that before in numerous ways, including my last one here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-happened-to-my-way/page/2#post4046490

I agree that S2 will be the new distraction complete with a lot of hype.

See my other post regarding that here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Start-July-1st/page/2#post4069414

Yes, I am feeling particularly skeptical today <liptwitch> Might have to do with the fact that megaserver ruined what was left of my customer experience with PvE in this game.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

No, “everyone” doesn’t like the megaserver now! It is still a major thorn in my guild’s side (and I’d imagine many others as well). Organizing guild events and missions is horrible with the megaserver. Please don’t presume to speak for everybody with statements like that.

I am not everyone, so don’t speak for me.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I wouldn’t say ‘everyone’ is hyped. For me personally, I think it’s been so long since we’ve had new physical content to play (I disregard the feature patch as that stuff should have been implemented since day 1, WvW season 2 is just a bunch of things I already do on a daily basis, only with achievement points added to it, and the bazaar, well, it was nice, but let’s be real, how much of it was actually different to the previous one?).

Only two words come to mind when I see Living World Season 2, and they are:

About
Time

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor