This isn't WoW!

This isn't WoW!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

So, your logic is “let’s not put anything in game if some other game already has it”? Who cares. If it’s a nice feature and works well, then why not. Bad things are the stuff we don’t want to copy, remember?

kitten I would be out of a job.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I came grom EQ2 and one of the things that nade me leave (aside from the ProsiebenSat fiasco) was the constant grind. Now, I realise I don’t have to do it but getting ascended stuff does feel like a grind and/or a gold sync.

There are no MMOs without grind. There are very few MMOs with optional grind. Though the difference here is one you have it, you have it, since there won’t be another new tier of gear. I’m using the same ascended gear on some of my characters for two years now. Try doing that in most MMOs.

Oh I agree with you in that it’s totally optional; I wast just saying it was a grind if that’s what you chose to do so. The main reason for my leaving my previous was the sucky deal from the company but the grind added to the issue.

And wasn’t one of the reasons Centaur left Gw2 was because of the ascended grind/introduction? Memory is hazy there however…

Centaur left because of the introduction of ascended gear, not the grind itself. That is to say the grindy bit wasn’t really in the game when he left, since it was only trinkets at that point.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

So, your logic is “let’s not put anything in game if some other game already has it”? Who cares. If it’s a nice feature and works well, then why not. Bad things are the stuff we don’t want to copy, remember?

You would be out of job if you implement a feature that big chunk of playerbase likes?

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I used to see this response alot when requests came up for things like raids, tanks, healers, mounts etc. All of those things are in the game now despite the strong protest of these apparent WoW haters.

And frankly, good. I hate how people yell insults at anything new just because WoW did it before, no matter how sensible a change it might be.

The insane innate fear of “WoW-ishness” is so crazy in this community.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

And you may find yourself
Living in a home instance
In another part of the world
Behind the reins of a large raptor
And you may find yourself in a beautiful zone
With a beautiful sword
And you may ask yourself, well
How did I get here?

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

I don’t really understand the hate for the trinity or mounts. The trinity is not even like in WoW and it’s very different. The mounts will be a mastery and different than mounts in other games. Why so much hate

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Perhaps I can clarify a bit more. On some of these previous issues, such as mounts, the people that were against mounts were backed by Anet’s stance against mounts. There was always the assumption that such things would never be in game due to Anet expressing a lack of interest of talks of technical limitations, which bolstered the arguments of players against having these things in game.

Since these changes have been making their way into the game despite previous assertions, it suggests that other ideas that previously seemed far fetched or absurd could also make it in game, thus making it easier to ignore those that claim that such changes are impossible or will never happen.

All you’re saying is that some people have irrational reasons for being for or against certain features. That was true last week; it’s true this week; and it will be true next week. All that mounts being added to the game means is that… GW2 has mounts; it is not an argument in favor of any other feature.

Sorry, didn’t realize you were just being negative and not actually interested in discussion at all. Nvm then, carry on.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Living in a home instance
In another part of the world
Behind the reins of a large raptor
And you may find yourself in a beautiful zone
With a beautiful sword
And you may ask yourself, well
How did I get here?

Nice one!

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

If GW2 devs stripped and copied every feature in WoW and introduced it in their own game, it still wouldn’t be WoW.

If they completely destroy the entire leveling process because ‘hurr endgame durr’, THEN it will be like WoW.

Anet already did that. They destroyed the leveling process starting with Tomes of Knowledge and Birthday scrolls and finished with the New Player Experience and 80 boosts.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

This isn't WoW!

Shaogin.2679

WOW isn’t the first game to have raids, mounts, trinity. #justsaying

#justsaying to who? No one here is saying otherwise.

Ermm? Your topic and much of the thread contents are all heavily implying that wow is the originator of all. Otherwise, why would you use wow as reference?

Even if that wasn’t your intention but the fact that you started it out that way already made your intentions moot.

If you actually read, you’d see that neither me nor anyone else in this thread has made such a claim.

Gate of Madness

This isn't WoW!

Shaogin.2679

I used to see this response alot when requests came up for things like raids, tanks, healers, mounts etc. All of those things are in the game now despite the strong protest of these apparent WoW haters.

So I guess we can go back to asking for anything now, and just ignore the naysayers. What’s next? Capes? Built in open world voice channels?

Edit: Before you start your rant, allow me to clarify that I in no way think any of these changes make GW2 a WoW clone. I was simply stating that it was the response I always saw from people that were against these changes. I was simply interested in what other changes, that were previously deemed impossible/unlikely, people would like to see put in the game now.

I’m personally rooting for in-game voice coms.

My bet goes for duelz and open-pvp .. that were things that were often requested and
like mounts everybody thought it will never come

Someone in the PvP forum suggested a flag system for open world PvP that could work well.

Gate of Madness

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If GW2 devs stripped and copied every feature in WoW and introduced it in their own game, it still wouldn’t be WoW.

If they completely destroy the entire leveling process because ‘hurr endgame durr’, THEN it will be like WoW.

Anet already did that. They destroyed the leveling process starting with Tomes of Knowledge and Birthday scrolls and finished with the New Player Experience and 80 boosts.

No, they didn’t destroy the leveling process. Source: People in my guild who still take their time leveling. Tomes of knowledge are a choice .Anet said play how you want. They’re giving some people an option to play how THEY want.

Are you forced to use a scroll or tomes of knowledge. Nope

The leveling process is still very much in play.

This isn't WoW!

Shaogin.2679

A lot of rant posts going on here. Feels like some people just read the title, skimmed the artical, and just assumed I was saying having mounts makes this game a WoW clone. Either that or people are eager to vent about past arguments on older posts.

Maybe your title should have been different than: This isn’t WoW!

and

So I guess we can go back to asking for anything now, and just ignore the naysayers. What’s next? Capes? Built in open world voice channels?

If you don’t mean that the changes made it a WoW clone because it was most unclear if you didn’t.

Nowhere in there does it suggest that I think the changes make this game a WoW clone. The title is also explained in the very first sentence. Didn’t mean to trigger anyone, apparently alot of repressed anger in here. People misread and went straight into defensive mode. Yikes!

/shrug

If you say something and everyone misunderstands you then maybe you didn’t say as clearly as you thought you did.

Even after editing the post and clearly stating my intentions people are still ranting. Apparently I failed to account for reading comprehension skills and sensitivity to the mention of WoW. Lol.

Gate of Madness

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Edit: Before you start your rant, allow me to clarify that I in no way think any of these changes make GW2 a WoW clone. I was simply stating that it was the response I always saw from people that were against these changes. I was simply interested in what other changes, that were previously deemed impossible/unlikely, people would like to see put in the game now.

Your original post was clear enough, though your title comes across as click bait.

Imo, “This isn’t WoW!” is more of a slogan for identity politics. “Who are we? We aren’t them!” It is easier to use generalized slogans than make nuanced arguments.

In-game voice chat channels would be great and are supported by the studio’s design pillars. Giving players access to a common chat system would make it easier for players to cooperate. I think player housing is possible as well. Home instances give the studio an innovative way to include player housing that also contributes to world building and story telling.

If the studio’s design pillars are legs supporting a table, I don’t see how dueling can be supported on that table top.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

For as long as GW2 exists, everytime someone asked for mounts there was always at least one person saying “This isn’t wow!”. Always made me facepalm.

Anet should really remove the round health bar, this isn’t diablo! /s
Anet should really remove the gathering of materials, this isn’t runescape! /s
Anet should really remove regenerating health, this isn’t Halo! /s

Literally every feature/mechanic GW2 has, exists in another game that came before it. Doesn’t mean it’s a clone of anything.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: MFranco.9514

MFranco.9514

Do you guys even understand that wow wasn’t the first mmo doing most of that… they just did “better?” and was a blizzard game with the warcraft story what made it a success.

Gw2 should use other features in other mmos/games and improve them, just because someone put it doesn’t mean you can’t use it or improve it.

Edit: for ex. raids: Raiding originated in the class of text MUDs known as DikuMUD. DikuMUD heavily influenced the game EverQuest which brought the raiding concept into modern 3D MMORPGs.

(edited by MFranco.9514)

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

WOW has one big connection to GW1/GW2. Anet was founded by 3 former devs at Blizzard. From there they share nothing in common imho.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

You would be out of job if you implement a feature that big chunk of playerbase likes?

no if i couldn’t implement anything any other game ever did.

This isn't WoW!

Carighan.6758

Edit: for ex. raids: Raiding originated in the class of text MUDs known as DikuMUD. DikuMUD heavily influenced the game EverQuest which brought the raiding concept into modern 3D MMORPGs.

Oh the joy of PoC raids for my Enchanter epic weapon :o

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Perhaps I can clarify a bit more. On some of these previous issues, such as mounts, the people that were against mounts were backed by Anet’s stance against mounts. There was always the assumption that such things would never be in game due to Anet expressing a lack of interest of talks of technical limitations, which bolstered the arguments of players against having these things in game.

Since these changes have been making their way into the game despite previous assertions, it suggests that other ideas that previously seemed far fetched or absurd could also make it in game, thus making it easier to ignore those that claim that such changes are impossible or will never happen.

All you’re saying is that some people have irrational reasons for being for or against certain features. That was true last week; it’s true this week; and it will be true next week. All that mounts being added to the game means is that… GW2 has mounts; it is not an argument in favor of any other feature.

Sorry, didn’t realize you were just being negative and not actually interested in discussion at all. Nvm then, carry on.

You keep saying that it matters that mounts in the game in terms of arguing for other features. That, to me, is being uninterested in the actual discussion of the merits of those features. Whether mounts are good or bad or in the game or not has nothing to do with whether build templates should be in the game. Or capes.

People are always going to gainsay a suggestion by “that’s not original” or “that’s in some other game” (e.g. WoW) — those aren’t good arguments either.

If you want something in this game, just ask for it and explain why you think it would improve the game. That was true last week, this week, and will be true next week.

In other words, yes let’s have a discussion about features on the merits of those features, not on the basis of whether the game does or does not have other features.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: DannyRodz.5163

DannyRodz.5163

Well there are capes in gw1, so why not here? and this game need wide server chat channel, sometimes it feels empty if you are not in a populate guild.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

ANet said years ago that they tried to get capes in, but apparently they clashed with Charr animations.

So you can cross that one off your list.

We could get cultural armor skins, whose shoulders are capes. Limited to human, plants, rats (maybe) and norns.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

The tank/healer/dps trinity goes all the way back to D&D in the 70’s. I’m not even going to look into mounts.

Also goes back to D&D.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Actually, the game has become pretty WoWish and is continuing to do so. Which has led me to quit and abandon large parts of the it.

Add-Ons screen clutter – check
Add-Ons “not required”, yea …. only only technically not required, in practice …. – check
Gearcheck – check, although via API and 3rd party websites, still check
Gearcheck technically not required but it actually is – check
Joblike schedule for end game content – check
Participating in the above mentioned content feeling like a 2nd job – check
Congregation of toxic players and behavior focused on or via the above – check

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Ermm? Your topic and much of the thread contents are all heavily implying that wow is the originator of all. Otherwise, why would you use wow as reference?

Even if that wasn’t your intention but the fact that you started it out that way already made your intentions moot.

If you actually read, you’d see that neither me nor anyone else in this thread has made such a claim.

Implying
indicate the truth or existence of (something) by suggestion rather than explicit reference.

Is fine if wow is the ever mmo you ever played, is really fine.
But it isn’t fine to assume others make suggestions just because of wow, wow isn’t the only mmo nor the first to do those things. Likewise, not everyone here plays wow or enjoy playing it anyway. The topic and content in nature are full of ignorance, painfully insulting to gaming in general.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Implying
indicate the truth or existence of (something) by suggestion rather than explicit reference.

But it isn’t fine to assume others make suggestions just because of wow, wow isn’t the only mmo to do those things. Likewise, not everyone here plays wow or enjoy playing it anyway. The topic and content in nature is full of ignorance.

Their comment still stands actually… there’s only been like 1 or two people whose posts imply that WoW is the originator of all. A lot of the posts that make reference to it are satire, and as such make no implication. And a large portion of the posts are people pointing out that games borrow from each other all the time, in fact all of the features people associate as being “taken from WoW” originated in games other than WoW and that WoW actually borrowed them.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

This isn't WoW!

Shaogin.2679

Implying

But it isn’t fine to assume others make suggestions just because of wow, wow isn’t the only mmo nor the first to do those things. Likewise, not everyone here plays wow or enjoy playing it anyway. The topic and content in nature are full of ignorance, painfully insulting to gaming in general.

Not sure what thread you’re reading, but again, I never implied (if that makes you feel better) that WoW was the originator of anything. If you actually read this thread you would see that no one else was posting such implications either.

Gate of Madness

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Implying

Not sure what thread you’re reading, but again, I never implied (if that makes you feel better) that WoW was the originator of anything. If you actually read this thread you would see that no one else was posting such implications either.

Huh, what? On your first post, you already said all of those things are in game despite wow haters. You even made poor attempts to clarify that it doesn’t made it a wow clone. Your topic title is also wow. A lot of “wow” references. Pretty much imply wow is everything you know. Just wow.

Implying

But it isn’t fine to assume others make suggestions just because of wow, wow isn’t the only mmo to do those things. Likewise, not everyone here plays wow or enjoy playing it anyway. The topic and content in nature is full of ignorance.

Their comment still stands actually… there’s only been like 1 or two people whose posts imply that WoW is the originator of all. A lot of the posts that make reference to it are satire, and as such make no implication. And a large portion of the posts are people pointing out that games borrow from each other all the time, in fact all of the features people associate as being “taken from WoW” originated in games other than WoW and that WoW actually borrowed them.

Is really just he or her, I am not targeting others.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

ArenaNet always had the completely freedom to add anything in the game, they didn’t choose it because other games have it, and they didn’t not choose it because other games have it. They always seem to have wanted to create their own unique game in their own way.

They always said that nothing is of the table. That means that mounts were always on the table. So were raids, and other such things that could remotely be related to WoW.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

As a GW1 player I see thinks a little different on a few subjects here.

1) Raids: Guild Wars 2 raids are closer to the ‘Hard Mode’ missions for GW1. They are more challenging and allow you to go in with a few more people.

2) Trinity: GW1 never really had a ‘Trinity’ per say but it did allow players to build towards more tank or support style roles. GW2 has kept this, albeit by removing the beloved Monk class. The point is, it isn’t meant to be a Tank/DPS/Heal setup but rather a Close/Range hybrid where players can pull back to support others or get in close to the action.

3) Voice Chat, World Chat, etc : Voice Chat would be nice, but many people use Vent for this. Especially in WvW where many of the Worlds have dedicated WvW Vent Channels in play. As for World Chat and the naught…if it was implemented it could be as an Asura gift to the ‘ahem’ lesser races.

4) Capes: GW1 had them…they were not that bad. In GW2 we have Guild Armors…although the HoT guild armors are stupid expensive just for the recipes.

5) Mounts: Technically GW1 had mounts as well…they existed to get places you normally could not. I see the same in the PoF mounts for the most part.

All in all, I see they are keeping true to the Guild Wars franchise, however evolving the world as our characters grow and explore. The story, though some will disagree, is a living thing…we make choices, then we have to deal with the repercussions. LWS3 provided a new challenge to the world as a whole…just like the personal story did way back when. We united the races, we faced foes old and new, we fought battles we have won, we fought battles we lost. Tyria is changing with each Living Story and Expansion, the zones are locked in time as we learned of LWS1 changing them hurts new players from experiencing old content…look at Lion’s Arch for instance…or Kessex. Both completely changed.

And now, after all of this time we hare entering the Crystal Desert to find that many from Elona shifted north, through the Desolation to escape Joko’s armies. I could easily see us moving south over the next two years into Kourna and even Istan. After that, well, maybe north deeper into the Shiverpeaks…or maybe onward to Cantha!

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

ANet said years ago that they tried to get capes in, but apparently they clashed with Charr animations.

Just to be devil’s advocate for a moment..

We have racial exclusive armours.
Making racial exclusive backpack skins wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Making racial exclusive backpack skins wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility.

They could. But considering how rarely people use the guild banner below or the similar gemstore guild banner I doubt that it would be that popular now. With so many interesting backpacks in the game I doubt people care that much about capes anymore. It was more important to people when it was the only option and they were members of only one guild.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

What’s next?
In game marriage, houses, fishing, open world pvp.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Level progression still exists, do you still see hearts and events in-game giving experience? Do you see a window prompting and forcing you to use that 80 Boost right as you finish creating a character? Since most people already have countless quantities of tomes, they remove them because so many people complained they’re useless. And arguably to urge people to actually play the game how it was designed.

Sure 1-80 is a chore after the first dozen times x2, x3, x4. And EXP boosters are still in game if needed. That ‘80-Boost’ is only a 1 time convenience option for new and old players, giving new players a slight chance to catch up with many of us who’s been here for years, and old players who tire of having to go through the story a 40th time.

If you have countless tomes, cool beans, no one’s forcing you to use them. If you pre-purchased PoF and got the 80-boost, again, no one’s forcing you to use it. Play the game zone by zone and progress the standard way if you want. Point being, no one’s telling you how to play, this game still differs from many other MMO’s by offering players choices, options and free will to play how they want. But there’s also other MMO’s that do the similar old level progression by killing mobs and getting exp per kill.

I haven’t yet seen or heard of a game that forces it upon the player to jump from 1 to 80 just to be able to play any current content.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I wonder what Anet devs/staff think when they hear people saying their game is becoming WOW. Flattered? Frustrated? Flabbergasted? Somethibg else beginning with “F”?

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

They could. But considering how rarely people use the guild banner below or the similar gemstore guild banner I doubt that it would be that popular now. With so many interesting backpacks in the game I doubt people care that much about capes anymore. It was more important to people when it was the only option and they were members of only one guild.

actually the fact that we have flags instead of capes has everything to do with the lack of ppl not using them, we want capes not some stupid lame banner on our back.

This isn't WoW!

Just a flesh wound.3589

actually the fact that we have flags instead of capes has everything to do with the lack of ppl not using them, we want capes not some stupid lame banner on our back.

Whether or not people consider identification banners worn on the back to be stupid or lame depends on their culture and what they’ve learned to expect.

Sashimono were small banners historically worn by soldiers in feudal Japan for identification during battles."

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

This isn't WoW!

sorudo.9054

Whether or not people consider identification banners worn on the back to be stupid or lame depends on their culture and what they’ve learned to expect.

Sashimomo were small banners historically worn by soldiers in feudal Japan for identification during battles."

you yourself pointed out that ppl just don’t wear them and now you go and defend them?…..

This isn't WoW!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Sashimomo were small banners historically worn by soldiers in feudal Japan for identification during battles."

you yourself pointed out that ppl just don’t wear them and now you go and defend them?…..

I was commenting on the “stupid and lame” part of your post.

I think that they don’t wear them because
1) they have many other, more interesting choices
2) most people are members of multiple guilds, not one guild, and so guild loyalty is less, leading to fewer people wanting guild capes
3) and in addition, yes, because it’s not part of their culture to wear back banners then its not what they expect or want (which is not the same as stupid or lame).

ANet may give it to you.

This isn't WoW!

sorudo.9054

2) most people are members of multiple guilds, not one guild, and so guild loyalty is less, leading to fewer people wanting guild capes
3) and in addition, yes, because it’s not part of their culture to wear back banners then its not what they expect or want (which is not the same as stupid or lame).

whoever talked about guild capes, it’s just capes in general.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Wishmaster.7693

Wishmaster.7693

we had capes since gw1 and they still have better physics than wow in gw1 lol

This isn't WoW!

Carighan.6758

What’s next?
In game marriage, houses, fishing, open world pvp.

Fishing! Excitement!

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I always find it interesting when the best argument against something that a person is able to come up with is an insult.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

With mounts now being a real thing in the next expansion, it just showed me, that Anet has also things on their “todo-list”, which players are wishing for already for several YEARS, and not just only smallscale stuff that people are demanding for just a short time and which are quick and easy done.

ANet had now surely worked on them for far longer, than just 2 years, I’m pretty sure, they were potentially already working for them on their conceptional phas,e while they were planning and working on Heart of Thorns, but just decided it would be better for the game, to give such a ig feature as like Mounts more time and preparation that it needs, to hit the right moment for their implementation, that doing them with the first expansion would have been too rushed, too early for them to become part of the game, but im pretty sure, those devs resposnble for the mastery system already had at that time mounts on their plan to turn them potentially into a mastery feature later for when the right time has come, which is now September 2017 when Path iof Fire gets released.

So lets see other long wished features, that can potentially come next with the 3rd expansion, things, that people wan,t which GW2 is lacking on, but other similar games have already…

Player Housing – The jump from Guild Halls to Player Housing isn’t too far

Cantha
Now that Elona will be returning, it also means, that we must have to return to Cantha. They can’t retreat from this now anymore, otherwise would make the return now to Elona no sense. With the return of Liva and the Scepter of orr (like I belive how she might help us) its also now possible to get rid of the elder sea dragon to clear the sea path to Cantha again, as this scepter is the only magical artefact in whole Tyria, that is powerful enough to force somethign huge like the deep sea dragon out of the water, as it was already powerful enough to let the whole kingdom of Orr sink into the ground, then it can be also powerful enough to lift up a catched dragon out of the sea…. to force it to face and battle us, because otherwise we have no chance against it, because underwater in its element he will be in a devastatign advantage against us, so we have to face it on land and the only thing that can make this possible is the scepter of orr and Livia.

Build Templates
Another big feature, that people are wishing for now for years. Now that mounts are doen and out of the way, maybe this can find next the spot on ANets top priority list for beign one of the features they will work on next.

Dyeable Weapons
Also wished by alot of people, maybe now is the tiem come, where anet can and will work next on this to make it happen ???

New Weapon Types
Who knows, also somethign that people want for a long time, maybe the next expansion finally gets us somethign more interestign ,than just only warmed up old coffee for the next set of Elite Specializations and gives us finally somethign new and interesting, like Polearms so that Spears get turned finalyl into hybrid weapons useable on land as like underwater, merging tridents with staffs, because trident is liek the most obsolete weapon category ever, when it essentially is nothing else but a different looking staff skin … same goes for rifles and harpoon guns!!
2 obsolete weapon categories for underwater combat, which should get replaced better for other already existign weapons to become useable under water as well, like swords, axes, maces, daggers and scepters… all 1h weapons should become useable under water as well and there is no need to keep spears unique for underwater combat…

Its time to rework and rebalance finally the whole lacking underwater combat system, which is sounding for 5 years now on paper like an awesome thing, but has been crippled down by ANet for same as long now into nothingness.
SO I seriously hope, that expansion see is about revitalizing the underwater gameplay, lets us gwet to know finally more about the deep sea dragon and brings us back to Cantha for that with eventually another human god then returning like maybe Abaddon getting out of his prison and returnign, who was back in time the former god of water, due to balthazar beign on his rampage now and accidentally doing somethign, that could lead to Abaddon returning, so that especialy the other gods definetely WILL have then a reason to return as wel and brign Balthazar together back to reason, if he doesnt want to be eventually the next to be sealed away after evnetually Abaddon helps them as part of his atonement to stop Balthazar…I know I know, everything of that isfar fetched brainstorming, but ANet brought out lately so much Abaddon designed stuff into the game.. glider.. weapon set .. that you can start to believe, that there is maybe something more behind of this

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

This isn't WoW!

Just a flesh wound.3589

whoever talked about guild capes, it’s just capes in general.

Ah, well, in Guild Wars 1 capes were guild capes. That’s the only game I’ve played with capes so that’s what I think of when I think of capes.

ANet may give it to you.