This patch...

This patch...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Just “wow”. MO, you have delivered! Thank you guys for listening, and doing all these changes. I know there are still going to be rough edges, and things for people to complain about, but WOW! So many QOL changes here, that im just amazed.

EXTREMELY NICE JOB GUYS!!!

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

This patch...

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

If there’s one area where I don’t think anyone can possibly argue against in terms of this patch, its definitely QOL stuff. They definitely did a great job adding a lot of that here, from shared recipes to mass salvaging. Obviously there’s still more stuff they could add and there always will be, but there’s a lot of positives here for sure.

This patch...

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Well the class balance is the worse ever, a complete disaster, but the rest of the fractals stuff seems good. I wonder if the LS3 is enough content.

This patch...

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Well the class balance is the worse ever, a complete disaster, but the rest of the fractals stuff seems good. I wonder if the LS3 is enough content.

what is so bad about it?

This patch...

Posted by: Cakemeister.5792

Cakemeister.5792

Added new right-click options on salvage kits to quickly salvage all items of the following qualities:
Rare quality
Masterwork and lower quality
Fine and lower quality

Does this work with copper and silver fed salvage o matic? If so, WOOOOOOTTT!

This patch...

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Thanks for the positive comments, Slambunction and Electro! Glad you’re happy with the update.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

This patch...

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

Have to agree totally. Just finished reading through the patchnotes, which was a real pleasure. Few more seconds and I can have a look. So much cool stuff has been added.
Even without the LS3, this update is amazing.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

This patch...

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Actually… they screwed it up with amulet infusion changes… Now it have just useless infusion slot that doesn’t help at all… Karma/xp/mf/gf?! WHY?! Now I have infusions that… I can’t put anywehre and lost laurels to buy em + I can’t get anything good into amulet’s infusion so…

(I DON’T)THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

This patch...

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

ehhh close to perfection (from what i saw up to this point) Only issue i got atm (relating to content) is the lack of an armor set for the map… but then again this was to expect… ah well… only a hint of salt right now… i of course will complain about it later on, now back to bashing the mantle over the head..

This patch...

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

I gotta say all i have seen so far about the patch seem good. The only thing i kinda dont like was the amulet change tho now is easier IMO to get those agony infusions, already got 2 +11. I like that the new area give lot of salvageable things which give low tier cloth and leather which is good to lower those ridiculous prices and make ascended armor more accessible IMO, i am no economist lol. But so far i been liking it, the new area is cool.

This patch...

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Chaos weapon drops have been replaced with Ley Line weapons.

Balthazar weapon drops have been replaced with Mordrem weapons.

The Dye Pack and the Toxic, Metallurgic, Winter Chimes, and Mad King dye kits have been replaced with Glint’s Winter, Lion’s Arch Survivors, Lion’s Arch Commemorative, and Lion’s Arch Rebuild dye kits.

WHY does A.net remove items instead of just adding to the game? It frustrates me to no end.

This patch...

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Chaos weapon drops have been replaced with Ley Line weapons.

Balthazar weapon drops have been replaced with Mordrem weapons.

The Dye Pack and the Toxic, Metallurgic, Winter Chimes, and Mad King dye kits have been replaced with Glint’s Winter, Lion’s Arch Survivors, Lion’s Arch Commemorative, and Lion’s Arch Rebuild dye kits.

WHY does A.net remove items instead of just adding to the game? It frustrates me to no end.

You can get all of those mentoned items on the trading post right now , chaos weapons are on the TP and so are leystone ones…well not the dye bundles but whats in them, the dyes. Nothing got removed, just the chest drops got changed, thats all, usually i love to complain, but there is nothing to complain about here.

This patch...

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

+ on THANK YOU, I really enjoy this.

This patch...

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Is anyone else getting disconnected a lot?

I’m getting disconnected so much that I’ve tried repeatedly to finish the first Season 3 instance about the memorial and I can’t complete it. It’s so long and I get disconnected before I can finish it every time.

This patch...

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Is anyone else getting disconnected a lot?

I’m getting disconnected so much that I’ve tried repeatedly to finish the first Season 3 instance about the memorial and I can’t complete it. It’s so long and I get disconnected before I can finish it every time.

Yes same here, it’s really annoying. It’s even hitting the forums. I think it must be more and more people logging in, updating and it is hitting the servers very badly.

Also I think the patch broke more than it fixed! Heck even this edit will prob take 10 mins…..the original posting took 20-30….

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

This patch...

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The QoL enhancements, and the number of them, were most welcome. Salvage all tops my list. Now if I could just connect to the game and enjoy them…

This patch...

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The Bloodstone exploding knocked out the servers too.

Either that or we know where those pesky treasure skritt vanish to when not caught…

This patch...

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Thanks for removing entire ele pvp population from game.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

This patch...

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Thanks for removing entire ele pvp population from game.

I supose you are being sarcastic. If you don’t… well, I’m grateful too!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

This patch...

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Actually… they screwed it up with amulet infusion changes… Now it have just useless infusion slot that doesn’t help at all… Karma/xp/mf/gf?! WHY?! Now I have infusions that… I can’t put anywehre and lost laurels to buy em + I can’t get anything good into amulet’s infusion so…

May I add a brand new emote
/facepalm

WvW players got kittened.
Max AR Fractal players got kittened.

Compensate the players for their loses.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

This patch...

Posted by: Crash.5362

Crash.5362

I like the patch.
The Shining Blade backpack is a fiasco IMO tho. It looks great but the fact the backpack’s color cant be changed but the glider does, making one never match the other is so lazy that feels almost like a bug.
100% regret buying.

This patch...

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Yea thanks for the update anet lots of really good changes, although I have mixed feelings about the class balances we will have to wait a few days of results.

This patch...

Posted by: HenryChinaski.4732

HenryChinaski.4732

May I add a brand new emote
/facepalm

WvW players got kittened.

You can put now more WVW Infusions in the Rings, thats good for the WVW Players……

This patch...

Posted by: SimBilly.8047

SimBilly.8047

Dear Anet: Please stop breaking my Ele. kthx.

This patch...

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

So yeah, when is WvW going to get a map? eotm is for pve people, desert boarder was a fail, and now we are stuck again with alpine boarder. Wich is ofc better then desert boarder, but after 4 year I expected something new. PvP has a new map, wich is cool. 2 new pvp maps in 48 months is very good in Arenanet terms. Also, If Arenanet wants to make it e-sport, then why does pve and the gemstore get the most updates? Is this the reason why we always see less then 40 people watching the gw2 twitch? Just wondering

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

This patch...

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

……You REALLY did not read the patch notes did you? Agony infusions can now go into ANY SLOT. No need to compensate people when they gave people the ability to “fix” it along with the kittening patch.

This right here folks is a classic case of someone who needs to RTFPN.

This patch...

Posted by: Kageseigi.2150

Kageseigi.2150

So many QOL changes here

The Thief’s QoL just changed… that’s for sure.

/facepalm

Suggestions to overhaul the Thief…

* * * Thief Trait Shakeup * * *

This patch...

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So yeah, when is WvW going to get a map? eotm is for pve people, desert boarder was a fail, and now we are stuck again with alpine boarder. Wich is ofc better then desert boarder, but after 4 year I expected something new. PvP has a new map, wich is cool. 2 new pvp maps in 48 months is very good in Arenanet terms. Also, If Arenanet wants to make it e-sport, then why does pve and the gemstore get the most updates? Is this the reason why we always see less then 40 people watching the gw2 twitch? Just wondering

See the new Reddit AMA or read the summary on Dulfy. Looks like end of next month for significant WvW changes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

This patch...

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Good job devs and thank you!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

This patch...

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

Absolutely blown away with the amount of stuff in this update!!

Well done!~

This patch...

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

did I miss the wvw poll asking for more aids? 92 freaking bleed stacks tonight and a full bar of condis. more power creep, instagib w/o resistance. such fun.

This patch...

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

-The mass salvage is most useful,the reduced number of mouse clicks massively appreciated.
-Most of the QoL changes are great.

-The XP bar changes were uncalled for.
I farmed the last 8 mastery points specifically to get rid of the XP bar.
I’m way past XP bars,and I definitely don’t need one going from one side of the screen to the other,with flashy colours to match.
This could be an option,as in enable/disable XP gain.

-Still no UI customization improvements.
It’s sad really,a game as good as GW2 to have the most archaic and uncustomizable UI of any MMO I’m aware of.
Look into this for a future release.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

This patch...

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

……You REALLY did not read the patch notes did you? Agony infusions can now go into ANY SLOT. No need to compensate people when they gave people the ability to “fix” it along with the kittening patch.

This right here folks is a classic case of someone who needs to RTFPN.

So what if we don’t have any use for Agony Infusions? What if you play only WvW (along with some basic PvE) and have no need to AR? Yours is a classic case of someone who needs to comprehend the larger picture.

This patch...

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

I concur, “wow” is the proper term to describe this patch – and I haven’t even tried the new fractal yet

/thanks

This patch...

Posted by: Imiona.4752

Imiona.4752

-Still no UI customization improvements.
It’s sad really,a game as good as GW2 to have the most archaic and uncustomizable UI of any MMO I’m aware of.
Look into this for a future release.

I dont need a UI overhaul i just need another Font and a Option to make the Nameplates way bigger, try to target something specific when there are 50+ People and 20+ Mobs on the Screen

This patch...

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

As pleased as I am with the patch, everyone did great work, I was disappointed with the length of the story. Now having to wait 2-3 months for the next bit is very disappointing, seeing as it didn’t feel that different to the biweekly cadence in terms of story quality. I was expecting 2-3 chapters per LW3 release. Guess ANet is dragging it out so we are not waiting a year after it finishes for the next xpac.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

This patch...

Posted by: bobsort.4097

bobsort.4097

I’m seriously impressed this time! all the time I was downloading about 200meg files and then patch notes were like few lines that we changed damage from i to j and I was like wow! it needed 200 meg download for that?

Haven’t tried the update yet to see how good or bad it is, but I love the new communication style.

Keep it up, you’ll make more of your angry users happy.

Thank you.

(edited by bobsort.4097)

This patch...

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

I always considered SAB patch to be the best thing that happened to this game. Now I’ll add this one up there at the top next to SAB. Amazing job, truly. I have NOTHING to QQ about in this patch.

This patch...

Posted by: Mog Ruith.6931

Mog Ruith.6931

Just wanted to add my voice in the praise for this patch. I haven’t finished the story just yet, but so far I’m really impressed with the writing. Very clever and well timed back and forth between characters. Also lots of action going on in the background. And little details like the golem that cleans up Rytlock’s letter make me so happy. It feels very alive!

Edit to add: Not to mention all the wonderful features that came with it!! New emotes, salvage options, consumable recipes are account bound!! So many things!

Keep up the good work, ArenaNet!

(edited by Mog Ruith.6931)

This patch...

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

The hairstyles are the facepalm of the patch, the ones we were given are not the ones people wanted (for the human and norn swap) it’s like asking for sunflowers for an event and someone responds with “I got you the roses you wanted, they are flowers after all”.
I wonder how many sales anet could have made if they would have given the right hairstyle swaps.

This patch...

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I’m gonna QQ about the skill balance changes… so unnecessary to make Venom share baseline… So unnecessary to nerf elementalists that hard.

Elementalists were already disappearing from WvW meta due to a clunky bomb mechanic (in a meta where the melee train can’t get CC’d anymore) and they were basically useless in sPvP except as a heal/buff bot since cele ammy got nerfed amongst other ele nerfs a few months back. Nerfing eles so hard just over the raid meta is just really unfortunate.

Conditions OP? Better nerf ele (and buff conditions even more on top of that)

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

This patch...

Posted by: Taglor Anwamane.9468

Taglor Anwamane.9468

This patch was great. And the best of it was the story, which was sorely, sorely needed after so long. Very good quality of writing, acting, pacing, and immersion. And as an RPer, I daresay it does a pretty good job of giving a backdrop for characters to talk about things in the interim. Keep up the good work, and I mean that as both praise and supplication.

This patch...

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Thank you that you nerfed ele….

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

This patch...

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

Well, I have now a +7 agony infusion and an amulet slot. I tried to put the +7 AR into the amulet but it was not possible. What are you saying about ANY SLOT?
On the other hand, in the morning I had 150 AR on my gear. After the patch I have only 143. If I want to do now the lvl 99 fractal, I will be 6 AR short. So, I have to do something (to work) to achieve the same lvl I had before the patch. They give us the +7 AR back? Is useless. I want my Fractal Relics I spent on it back.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/INFUZ-5959

You can get the relics back if it was a simple infusion so actually they did compensate us. Amulets now only accept Enrichments which are basically the old utility infusions and can be bought from the laurel vendor.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

This patch...

Posted by: LilShippo.5194

LilShippo.5194

this patch so far i noticed had many new Cash Shop gimmicks that i may or may not fall into.

During that you couldn’t have reduced the Character Slot cost from 10$ to something realistic any? how about a 1$ or 2$ a new character slot? i would easily pay 10$ for multi slots added. i spend “60$” on video games where i get many things from it, content, story lines, etc etc

Any chance to at least consider changing this? because currently that’s way to much more for me to just shell out for something that small.

This patch...

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Well, I have now a +7 agony infusion and an amulet slot. I tried to put the +7 AR into the amulet but it was not possible. What are you saying about ANY SLOT?
On the other hand, in the morning I had 150 AR on my gear. After the patch I have only 143. If I want to do now the lvl 99 fractal, I will be 6 AR short. So, I have to do something (to work) to achieve the same lvl I had before the patch. They give us the +7 AR back? Is useless. I want my Fractal Relics I spent on it back.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/INFUZ-5959

You can get the relics back if it was a simple infusion so actually they did compensate us. Amulets now only accept Enrichments which are basically the old utility infusions and can be bought from the laurel vendor.

You are totally missing the point. What if you don’t do fractals? I don’t have any AR at all. None. Zip. I don’t do fractals. What I do have is 6 infusions I can’t use and 6 amulets with no infusions because I don’t want to spend 20+ laurels on “enrichment” ones. I primarily WvW. Enrichment infusions aren’t really all that useful.

This patch...

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

It seems like 90% of what ArenaNet works on is QoL or mechanics, and very little content. This patch was not heavy on content (you can complete every solo PvE thing in a few hours), in fact it was very light on content. It is apparently that ArenaNet struggles with producing content, maybe it is time to stop working on QoL changes and focus the team fully on content that the majority of players play, that has been lacking for 2 years now, HoT was super light on content, this patch was super light on content. Adding in large long grinds is not content, it is just mindless repetitive drivel.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

This patch...

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

It wasn’t even good QoL aside from general gameplay. The profession balance/QoL was the most pathetic I’ve seen from them in years.

This patch...

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

You are totally missing the point. What if you don’t do fractals? I don’t have any AR at all. None. Zip. I don’t do fractals. What I do have is 6 infusions I can’t use and 6 amulets with no infusions because I don’t want to spend 20+ laurels on “enrichment” ones. I primarily WvW. Enrichment infusions aren’t really all that useful.

I’m not missing the point, I get the point you were making. However if you noticed, I wasn’t responding to you but someone else with an issue that was AR-related and was clamouring for a refund that they have already been given.
Yes, it sucks for WvWers – I don’t exclusively PvE, you know. Oh you didn’t know? Shouldn’t have assumed. I have never once denied or disputed that WvWers deserve an equivalent refund to that which was given for simple agony infusions. Yes, I think WvWers should have been compensated – maybe not with laurels as that could cause t6 mat prices to go nuts but at least the ability to swap WvW infusions for badges or a WvW specific enrichment. My post was aimed at someone who doesn’t suffer from the issue WvWers have with the amulet change. If you don’t want to buy an enrichment, that’s your call. Some people do find them useful, you don’t. Some people think Game of Thrones is awesome, some don’t.

So no, I didn’t miss your point, you missed mine. Take your anger out on the right people (ANet), thanks.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

(edited by Bellatrixa.3546)

This patch...

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

annnddd, that’d be the wrong thread >_>

(edited by AegisFLCL.7623)