Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Since you are moving more towards a WoW Clone, why not make a post about showing real names on forums, see how well that goes over?

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

“…about these new items as I am!”

This is obviously the last paragraph of the news post made by Linsey Murdock. Since the other thread is very long, with single users posting multiple replies, I just had a little idea.

Let’s see, for real, if anet really “listens” to the players.

Just make a single post and nothing else in this thread, replying at the “hope” of Linsey, with a simple “Yes, I love the new ascended items” or “No, I hate the new ascended items.”

And let’s show anet, at least for us people browsing the official forums, how many are the nays and how many are the ayes.

My vote is:

NAY

Posted by: Talloc.6835

Talloc.6835

As ArenaNet said themselves, this game will not be for everyone. Please don’t try and make it appeal to everyone now because you’ll end up not appealing to anyone in particular and end up making GW2 vanilla.

I have a feeling 25-50% of people who purhcased GW2 didn’t read about what they were getting into. Then when they didn’t find a carrot on a stick they got bored, and complained.

Then give the people who don’t want a gear grind a break. Guild Wars 2 is the only MMO where I’m not screwed because I haven’t done months of raiding.

Posted by: Wyrmrider.1692

Wyrmrider.1692

Compared to its Exotic counterpart, new Ascended-rarity “Explorer” ring has:
+5 Power
+5 Precision
+3% Magic Find

+???? (Unused Defensive Infusion Slot)

Magic Find is valuable. Some gear slots are more efficient for MF than others, but on an exotic ring 3% MF is worth ***67*** of another stat. (Compare: Opal Orichalcum Ring vs. Emerald Orichalcum Ring.)

Then there’s the Defensive Infusion Slot. It’s possible that this slot will strictly be for PVE attunement mechanics like Agony Resistance. But I don’t think so, because the blog post says: “In November, we’ll introduce Offensive, Defensive, and Omni Infusions of Fine rarity…” So they’ll have different itemizations, and probably different tiers of their own, which seems to suggest more stat boosts.

I’m not that interested in debating how many stat points is too many. (The real problem is that in the designer’s own words, “This is just the beginning.”) But for those who are, the currently proposed number isn’t 2 or 3 or 5 stat points per item, it’s closer to 100.

This should keep being quoted over and over.

Thank you. I’m still seeing people saying “4%” and “5 stat points [per item]”, so I’ll go ahead and do it again myself.

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

I think this is gonna be an interesting and fun thing and that many people in this thread are ignorant morons.

This is because you dont know better. Trust those with more knowledge and experience than you.

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

whoa guys you are forgetting sure the armour is stronger then exotic but it loses the rune slot in exchange for infusions which we have no clue what they do other then it deals with Agony from GW1. Which means the armour in general is weaker then exotics as the exotics have runes slot and Ascended doesn’t. SO there is still no gear grind cause exotics is still the top tier armour for normal WvW and PvE.

I didn’t know you can equip runes on a ring.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I don’t care what she wants to call it in her blog post, this is gear grind/treadmill. I put an alt in exotic armor and trinkets last night…and in 3 days the process of that being obsolete begins.

This is not what we were promised over the last 5 years. This is not taking what I loved about Guild Wars and putting it into a persistent world. This is adding one of the things Guild Wars was great for -not- having.

This is going to drive away so many casual players that were expecting (because Anet told them so) an experience like GW1, where you can drop the game and pick it up a few months later without a problem. Now they get to come back to find all their gear obsolete.

For the players that want gear grind “progression” there are plenty of games for you. Every game doesn’t need that. Just because -you- rushed to getting your Legendary, doesn’t mean that everyone wants gear grind. If it was a “one size fits all” issue, there would only be one MMO period, because everyone would be happy there. If the game doesn’t fit your wants, find a new game instead of throwing a fit for changes that the majority does not want.

edit: And before anyone questions it, I’m not a casual player, but I’m also not a 24/7 farmer/grinder(and I absolutely refuse to ever do a speedclear). I enjoy the game for what it is…a game to have fun in, solo or with my friends. Over 1k hours in GW2 and quite a few times more than that in GW1 over the last 7 years.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

Aye aye aye aye aye.

( I needed 15 characters)

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Yes for new content

No for new tier of gear 2 months after release

Posted by: Gret.6570

Gret.6570

I feel betrayed by Anet and this announcement. I’m a long time GW1 player with 5 level 20 toons with max gear (functionally). It feels good knowing that the playtime I put into those characters won’t be arbitrarily scaled down.

I’m a casual player, although I’ve been putting in 20+ hours per week in GW2 because it’s so much fun. My goal was to get 8 level 80s with exotic gear, thinking that that would be it….I would be set and could play new content or PvP with whatever I wanted and wouldn’t be at a disadvantage.

Will I quit? Not yet…I know the good Anet is still in there…somewhere! I’ll pick a class and play it exclusively for a while to see how things turn out. I’m not buying any more bag, character, or bank slots, though, so take that! ha!

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

No, I hate the new ascended items.

Posted by: aocypher.9172

aocypher.9172

NAY for gear progression.

Yes for new content.

Posted by: MMOWarrior.9312

MMOWarrior.9312

for me its the idea of gear gating content…. every time I’ve seen it, it has only led to narrowing the best of the game to only a few…

Gwylfan, Sylvari Ranger of Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Mirette.7821

Mirette.7821

I rarely post here, but had to log in to say how appalled I am by this proposed change.

No gear grind and no obsession with gear is one of the main reasons I chose GW2. It’s not so much having to farm to get the gear (although that’s bad enough) but having the community degenerate into ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’, and bad attitude all round.

If people want gear grind there are lots of other MMOs to play. No gear grind is a USP for ANet, and they should protect that and build on it. The casual player who likes the game the way it is, is likely to be the player that is loyal to the game.

So, as I say: appalled by this proposed change. Please don’t do it!

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Yes for new gear. No for that gear having greater stats. Big no for having to grind out defense against a death timer.

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

You will be able to craft the new items or buy them off the TP by those who can.

Doesnt excuse the 7.936% increase in stats from exotics nor the artificial gating mechanism of the infusions. Plus having to regrind this when I have already grinded out exotics, Im not going to play ball if this hits live.

LOL… well, it’s going live, so you might as well uninstall.

Thanks for playing.

Posted by: Fiasco.3501

Fiasco.3501

It’s not even out yet. We don’t know everything about them. God I can really hate the MMO community sometimes. But yes, I am excited for it.

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I’m excited about everything coming. Can’t wait to get the new gears, see the professions changes and the new dungeon.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

I think the idea of infusion is perfect.

• It’s a contained loop, and only affects the dungeon your using it in.
  • You can play all 9 fractals without it.
  • If you decide not to do the dungeon it doesn’t affect you in any way.

My guess on the infusion.

Defense
Was stated, it’s to reduce the agony affect, or increase resistance to it.

Offensive
The Karka have a new mechanic being introduced (its been mentioned, source at the bottom) This makes them all but invulnerable. The event series is actually going to based on finding this out, which is probably why the information was not released about offensive infusions. I believe the offensive infusions will be to combat this invulnerability mechanic, and that the event chain will actually lead to the discovery of these infusions.

Omni
This one is pretty obvious, but it’s a combination of the 2 infusion, giving both resistance to agony, while allowing you to do more damage against the invulnerability mechanic.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/6882/A-Peek-into-the-November-Update.html/page/1

“The ‘Lost Shores’ weekend event will be a one-off event in Guild Wars 2 that will run between Friday, November 16 through Sunday, November 18. ArenaNet describes the theme of the event as being a “monster movie, invasion type thing” that will focus on the lore of Lion’s Arch. During the event, Lion’s Arch will be invaded by a new enemy group called the ‘Karka’. We’re told the Karka will be quite challenging for Guild Wars 2 players and will even feature a number of new mechanics for players to overcome in order to emphasize this. Visually, the Karka will feature a heavily armored shell of sorts that players will have to penetrate. ArenaNet has even worked on a new shader technology that allows players to actually see pieces of the armor fall off of the Karka as they wear it down.
That all comes later, though. Initially, players will be unable to penetrate the Karka’s armor and it’s this roadblock that will kick off a series of events taking players throughout the world as they learn about the Karka’s origins and research a means to get through the seemingly impenetrable armor.”

I would also stage a guess that the complementary armour will be backpiece and or ring from the weekend series event. Similar to the backpieces we earned in the Halloween event. “As we introduce the new high-level content, we’ll also roll out complimentary Ascended and Legendary items (to say nothing of the other rewards you can earn by playing the content).”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

This feels like betrayal for many Gw1 vets.

Talloc.6835

Posted by: dangerhunt.2607

dangerhunt.2607

I vote for Yes.
They basically just create gear treadmill in one single dungeon.
If people does not wish to get into it, they can stay out of the dungeon, and still be able to go for more weapon skins or armor skins and what not.
It’s just like Jumping puzzle, where some of the player hated them, so they just don’t do it. GW2 have so much content that players can ignore one and still enjoy the rest.

Posted by: bcbully.7289

bcbully.7289

maybe if you people complaining would have bought some gems, this wouldn’t have happened.

People have obviously been buying gems and a lot of them if you read the financial reports that they gave for NCSoft investors.

No, this isn’t because of the core audience not paying up. This is because P.O.S no-lifers spent 1000 hours in the game since launch and are now complaining because they’ve done everything in the game faster than any development team can hope to keep up with. Now those whiny MMO addicts have twisted the one game that didn’t pander to them.

I read the report. It did not separate out cash shop revenue. It showed GW2 making around 3 mill won (or w/e) more than B&S, 13 mill more than Aion, 20mill more than Lineage 1&2.

The thing is all these games offer some form of sub and will surpass GW2 launch sales quickly. Maybe by the end of this yeah in B&S and Aion’s case. On top of that Anet is still in the red.

Much more needs to be spent in the case shop, and people need to be happy doing it. The forst step is to get them staying in game longer. Thus the new progression system. Remember we still haven’t heard how the cash shop will play into this.

I think this is at least partially a fair assessment of the situation. Through the whole evening I’ve had a kind of impending dread to the effect of: “It looks like this experiment didn’t work out after all.” There’s probably a revenue angle, and I’m not so naive as to think there wasn’t plenty of marketing research and probably some focus testing that led to a conclusion that “We need these kind of players to play and spend money, because they’re the ones who’ll spend most, and this is about money.” —Honestly, not a bad thing in and of itself; after all, this is business. From a purely economics perspective, the sensible thing is to toss players like me to the curb now that I’ve already paid my entry fee, and try to trade me in for players who are suckers for the cash shop scams. Good luck competing for those players, though.

Man I’ve been thinking that too. It almost looks like B2P could be bad for developer and game. The developer loses capital, and the gamer loses power.

I honestly would not be surprised if by this time next year there will be some type of premium payment model added.

Posted by: Xant.3025

Xant.3025

No, please remove stat increases. This is not why I picked GW2. If I wanted this, I would have purchased Mists of Pandaria.

Posted by: Raigou.7329

Raigou.7329

oh well, i wont let this get to me then, change starts with you, just as there will be closed minded puggers who will lock you out based on level, there will be guys like me who play the game for fun and don’t really care about a little adversity, i know firsthand that four manning ascalon isn’t impossible, and ill be dammned if i’m gonna let some new content ruin my fun. ill be playing the fractal dungeon cuz its FUN not for gear, that’s a bounus :P

Posted by: Laef.4519

Laef.4519

Oops! Google Chrome could not find exitsurvey.guildwars2.com

Posted by: Keelin.5781

Keelin.5781

Absolutely dumb idea. This is not what we were promised.
You can shove your gear grind where the sun doesn’t shine.

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

This was the one game that got rid of the bottomless pit of casual player inferiority and it was great for 3 whole months. As a casual player, I could actually participate in dungeons, gear up to max, make an impact in WvWvW and feel like I actually was having fun and completing things.

How exactly is Asc gear needed in dungeons (or WvW) that don’t have Agony foes? Don’t tell me the ~60 point stat increase with all 12 pieces is significant enough. I PUG explorable dungeons all the time in green gear, I was never once asked to ping, just to name an anecdotal example.

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Now we will have to do PVE Dungeons for the best PVP gear!
FANTASTIC!

Seriously? So many other options Anet could have gone with to make this work. They better have some good plans in the works for wvw or they’re going to really screw that portion of the game forcing people to dungeons for gear. I don’t even remember the last game that forced people to do pve for pvp end gear, so ridiculous.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Well, this is going to get lost in the avalanche, but please A-net reconsider this.

First step would be to drop the ascended gear stats back to exotic levels. Second step would be to allow all existing exotics to become infused.

I don’t want to have to do one specific thing to get the best gear. The great thing about exotics is all the different way to obtain them. Neither do I want to carry around another set of gear for a specific purpose.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

bcbully.7289

I haven’t seen this much rage since Swtor cut ranked battle grounds from patch 1.2.

Posted by: Angrec.6970

Angrec.6970

Zaxziakhol, its the same system that was in lotro and wow. Its an artificial gating measure to limit players beating a dungeon/raid, this is further evidenced by the “we are adding full sets in the future” as a further gating measure so that its impossible to get past a certain point in the dungeon until they patch those items in.
What really ends up happening is it ends up being a bar/attunement that creates a huge barrier of entry for newer people. Not to mention how much of a pain it is to gear up alts in it.

It almost single handedly killed lotro.
It was such a terrible system in wow they stopped doing it after vanilla and was one of the universal reasons people didnt go to aq40.

Not to mention its a non skill based check, which is something completely against the games philosophy.

Its terrible in every way and its mind boggling to the extreme that its put on a higher tier of gear. Ill stick around till the event is done but I really am not going through that hell again.

Posted by: RoseRIP.8502

RoseRIP.8502

Whenever I see lots of negative feedback, I must say that we need to think more like developers than gamers to see if from their perspective. There is a reason Ascended gear is being added and they stated the reason in their blog. They listened to the community’s feedback about the gap between exotic gear and legendary gear. They can fully see statistics regarding sales and CCU and this was a change they felt would make the game’s better future in the long run.

If I think like a player, I can see where some of us are coming from in wanting an even playing field but if I think like a developer, I want to keep the most amount of players playing and Ascended gear will achieve that.

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

I am amused by the lack of forethought behind any of this rage.

Oh don’t get me wrong, I am resisting my own inner demon screaming at the screen “OMG ARENANET WTF ARE YOU DOING?!”

Let’s look at this from the best case scenario:
Arenanet are striving for monthly content, this is not something guild wars 1 ever touched on.
Within that monthly content they need to find a way of raising the stakes for hardcore players.
May I remind everyone the stakes currently are so high that they consist of meet boss, get one shotted, lol.
Agony is a surefire way to limit a players advancement down an infinite dungeon. But also the infinite dungeon can be balanced so that for most players who don’t intent on pushing the limits of the dungeon, they will never meet agony. Or if they do, it will be in a difficult yet manageable amount.
Assuming they unlock item slots slowly, this is essentially gear designed around the monthly content. Eventually an expansion will come along and raise the level cap and rendering every exotic “not good enough” anyway.

It’s only a gear treadmill if they consistently add new items each month that undermine the previous months content.
It doesn’t suddenly become a treadmill because they added a new item rarity.

Don’t get caught up in the deliberate hate and negativity and try and think rationally about the issue. There are ways this can be implemented that fit in perfectly with guild wars 2.
We can only hope now that they’re adamant on doing this that they maintain their principles and integrity.

Talloc.6835

Whenever I see lots of negative feedback, I must say that we need to think more like developers than gamers to see if from their perspective. There is a reason Ascended gear is being added and they stated the reason in their blog. They listened to the community’s feedback about the gap between exotic gear and legendary gear. They can fully see statistics regarding sales and CCU and this was a change they felt would make the game’s better future in the long run.

If I think like a player, I can see where some of us are coming from in wanting an even playing field but if I think like a developer, I want to keep the most amount of players playing and Ascended gear will achieve that.

It sure worked for AoC, ToR, TERA, Rift, and every other MMO that’s not WoW!

If there’s a lot of negative feedback, maybe a company should try to solve their issues instead of telling us to get bent.

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

New category of items.. Okay

New category of items inherently better than existing items.. Not okay

New category of items inherently better than existing items only available through the mystic lottery.. Not okay at all.

New category of items inherently better than existing items only available through the mystic lottery and is required to do new content… RAGE

Posted by: Psyduck.4701

Psyduck.4701

For what it’s worth, I feel that Ascended gear is a bad, bad idea if it’s going to be more powerful than Exotics. Mostly because it goes back on the whole spirit of the MMO manifesto, if not exactly the letter.

If there has to be Ascended gear, let it be specifically only useful for Fractals of the Mist, and not overpowering Exotics/Legendaries.

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

I would have no issue if they brought in infusion like it was in the original game. As it sets this kill’s the game for me and will drive me away from this game. The whole point of this game was if i want to run this content i can but if my friends need help in other area’s i wouldent be useless to them just because i dident grind x gear. This kill’s that and forces me to run this content leaving behind the other content in order to still be of use.

Being a long time fan i am ashamed to say i am a loyal fan of gw and sadly will return to it should this game go this path.

Posted by: lycoris.6578

lycoris.6578

I haven’t seen this much rage since Swtor cut ranked battle grounds from patch 1.2.

That is because people cared about the game and wants to right the wrongs before it is becomes a catastrophe.

Posted by: Omega.1473

Omega.1473

Lmao!!
OMFG all the QQs!!
Well if you guys dont like the upcoming changes then go play other games.
No one stopping you. Right fanboys/gals? lol!

Have you people been reading all the opinions & suggestions in these forums?
Did Anet listen? Dont have to tell me. You know yourself.

When someone post an opinion, it will always be treated as QQs or Trolls.
So who is QQing now lol!

I really hope this change is implemented.
Cause firstly im bored to hell. And secondly i’m the kinda person who like changes.
The main purpose to play GW2 is to have fun right?
So lets Have Fun!!!

ARENA NET, THIS IS THE KIND OF PLAYER YOU WANT TO BE YOUR PLAYERBASE? THIS IS THE KIND OF PLAYER WHY YOU ARE BETRAYING YOUR LOYAL FANS? THE PEOPLE WHO PUT HOPES AND FOLLOW ALL THESE YEARS OF DEVOLPMENT?

Do you remember that? do you?

As crass as the above post is, this is exactly whats happening. Anet, you’re abandoning your core audience who trusted you for immature, “leet speak” degenerates.

If the social and moral implications of this change in audience does nothing to dissuade them, then I have to question the financial implications of this audience change. I’d imagine the more mature, casual audience has more cash to spend in the cash shop than “stay at homes” who play 12 hours a day and make enough gold to never have to spend cash on gems.

Posted by: Altwazar.3708

Altwazar.3708

I hope Anet reconsider their decision about new tier gear.

Posted by: judgement.9842

judgement.9842

Think people wanting to leave due to.this should ask for their money back as anet have changed what they promised at the beginning, might be able to get refund on any gems they brought aswell if they go about it properly. This is clearly a change in the product.

Posted by: realloc.5846

realloc.5846

Radiance all but killed LotRO at the time… I watched people leave in droves… before radiance pretty much anyone could enjoy the end game dungeon… after radiance only a selected few ever got to see the end game content… this sounds very similar to me… ANet…. look to what has happened to other MMOs and learn…

oh… after Radiance decimated the LotRO community it was pulled from the game…

The trouble with the radiance was the lack of endgame content in the LotRO. This is not the case of GW2.

In LotRO after SoM release for entire 2010 year we had only non-stop farm of SG for symbols, and radiance-gated BG. PvP was obsolete, and there wasnt anything else in this game, except drinking beer in Prancing Pony.

In GW2 even if Fractals dungeon is gated, we have whole tyria map full of interesting, permanently actual dungeons, legendary grind and live massive and arena-based pvp. Plus updates every month.

Incomparable.

(edited by realloc.5846)

Posted by: Euthil.5209

Euthil.5209

bcbully.7289

That is because people cared about the game and wants to right the wrongs before it is becomes a catastrophe.

I unsubbed from swtor that night.

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

I am all up for the new content and new gear – very excited for both, I am however even more excited for all the possible bug fixes and class balancing more than anything else! <3

Currently we only have exotic gear and we’re able to play through the current content just fine, completing dungeons with exotic gear just fine – many people do dungeons (including arah) without exotic and instead rare and have no problem.

I understand the problems with power creep but it doesn’t really seem like this is the case, we’ll still have the same areas to travel but with new gear, you don’t have to get it if you don’t want it – it’s not like this game is completely dependant on what gear you’re wearing, such as Diablo for example where gear means life or death.

Also the Agony condition is a specific thing about the dungeon itself it seems, it’s just an interesting fun gimmick that I’m excited for. The new gear together with the new agony mechanism will allow a more diverse experience.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I would suggest reading the blog post again, all of it this time, and thinking a little more carefully about the implications of it.

I did read the blog post. If you could take a second from being so defensive that condescension is reflexive…what I was asking is how hard are people expecting to be?

We don’t know what their drop rates are. We don’t know how many chests are awarded in each of these dungeons/fragments. We don’t know if those drop rates increase in regard to the level you have reached in the dungeon so you are more likely to get one the closer you are to needing it.

We do know there will only be three slots you can equip infuse-able armor in. Meaning to effectively “max out” you only need three things as opposed to, I don’t know…the entire set of twelve coming out at once.

Now the implications…they are adding another tier of armor…whoop-dee-doo? Something for the min-maxers to rush off towards and keep busy with and the casual players to get too “eventually”. Especially if they only need to find a piece now, and a piece later as they slowly roll in.

A quick tally of players in Lions Arc had about three people claiming to be fully decked in exotics, and about twelve still using golds or greens with an exotic here or there. All lvl 80. All doing dungeons. That isn’t going to change with a new tier. I’m more inclined to say this addition is more pointless than out-right bad.

Edit: Ill add, if you are are strictly talking Anet principles…yeah this was a kittened move. Shame on them. But mechanically, it’s just sort of whatever. If you are doing dungeons and having a great time now with your exotics or lesser gear, this isn’t going to change that. If you want to do the new dungeons, you’ll end up getting the new stuff in the process of doing them.

You’re all making it sound as if a piece of infused armor has a 1% drop rate at the end of each existing dungeon and you need six pieces to beat the final boss at the end of the new dungeon. Thats just not the case. So swallow a Xanax and calm down.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Posted by: axiology.5807

axiology.5807

I am very, very disheartened.

In the past, there had been occasional complaints from players who wanted a gear treadmill. Those threads usually had a mix of those who wanted and those who didn’t want it.

This has caused an uproar that I have never seen before, and it is overwhelmingly against Ascended items. There are a few who are pleased with it, but that is the extreme minority in this “vocal minority” of the forums. Even a few who have not posted in the forums before have come to voice their disappointment in Ascended items.

Please re-consider this new direction you’re taking the game.

Posted by: Angrec.6970

Angrec.6970

No Im done with this game if it hits live. It was terrible in lotro, it was terrible in wow, and adding a new tier of items in this early is ominous for the games future and flies directly in the face of the manifesto.