Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fabsm.5897

Fabsm.5897

I read most of the thread, and i vote yes, tentatively, to the new mechanics.

I really hope and i suggest that Ascended Items can only be upgraded with Agony Resistance upgrades. No other stats.

That would be an equalizer, and won’t create a gear treadmill, as the Ascended Items will only be useful in the new dungeon, and be inferior (or equal) to similar exotic items just because of the missing upgrade stats. So people will slowly create an “Ascended Set” when dabbling with the new dungeon, and using their normal set in every other circumstance, as we now have a “Magic Find set” when we want to do hard farming.

New players won’t have to do the gear treadmill if they don’t want to do the new dungeon, as they will become useful only in some content and useless in the other contexts. No WvW syndrome, and “LFG only Full Ascended”.

This remembers me of a particular boss in WoW, where we were forced to wear useless items (stat-wise) to have the Arcane Resistance needed to tackle it…

Sure, if the Ascended Items will be normal items in all aspects ( freely customizable → superior to exotics) that will create another WoW-Clone gear treadmill that i would rather have avoided at the start.

We’ll have to wait, see and hope.
Personally, commenting on the future is tiresome, and i will wait for the patch to do any other comment.

Fabsm
Guardian of Moonlight Shadow [MLS]

Posted by: jboynton.7894

jboynton.7894

Either you get with the program, that progression is needed and it’s needed now, or you can kiss Guild Wars 2 completely goodbye.

This game needs a carrot that’s not Legendaries. Folks, if you think that this isn’t being done because they are having a retention problem, then you need to look again.

If ArenaNet doesn’t put something in there to keep people playing, and quickly, GW2 is toast. I love the game, but that’s just the truth.

Where are you getting this data from?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

7kitten ;Algreg.3629:

Wow, this thread is a mess. They are cramming anything related to this topic right into this one and making it even more confusing than it already is. What real dev is going to even bother reading it now? lol.

It’s actually best that they don’t.

honestly most people here are all about GW1 and wanting to make the game exclusive to GW1 fans.

They don’t want to game to reach out to a new market – instead they’re happy to close their eye and pretend the game isn’t dying because the lack of progression.

Gw2 is nothing like Gw1, which is why the “diehard” gw1 fans have already gone back to gw1.

Gw2 is a game on its own, and it has attracted not only gw1 fans but also fans of other MMO. to satisfy everyone’s need, compromises have to be made. It’s really sad how most of the community doesn’t seem to understand that.

well, then it would have been rather up front of them to say “we are making a WoW-hybrid with lots of grinding” instead of boasting for years “we will reinvent the genre and there will be no powercreep and gear treadmill”, wouldn´t you agree?

But then less people will buy their game.

Have you ever heard of a guy called Peter Molyneux?

haha, while that wasn´t actually any defense of this kind of behaviour AT ALL, it was totally hilarious, thanks for giving me a great laugh Yeah, it is actually pretty Molyneuxesque – well, short of promising world peace and stuff.

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

The stat difference is not minuscule at all. The increase in MF on the sample item is huge. Replace MF with +crit damage and you’r talking +30-40 damage across all of your armor and trinkets, which is an insanely large increase in power.

And since when is 8% on other stats small anyway? That amounts to something like +150 to your main stats. Not to mention ascended weapons will have higher base damage than normal weapons, making them mandatory as well.

The new gear is perhaps the right direct for the PvE side of the game, but its the wrong direction for WvW. It is now clear that WvW should have its own dedicated gear like SPvP.

Maid Of The Coast

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

My question is, even if they listen to our voices of reason and remove this gear, how do they then combat the effects of Agony? Id imagine that this mechanic is what the dungeon is centered around.

BTW, I wouldnt even consider it a mechanic. Its not like I can dodge it or avoid it, react to it, etc. Some unremovable debuff that you can only mitigate by acquiring special gear. I dont mind something like that, similar to elemental resistances in other games, but I just dont like the stat increases and the future requirements players will place on forming groups for this dungeon, because this resistance set will be required.

I say scrap the ascended armor, and allow infusion/resistance via the forge or from crafting.

Simple.. you retain your “mechanic” and theres no gear treadmill, while boosting crafting professions(these items will be in demand).

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Spectral Agony from GW1 required armor infusion to mitigate. It wasn’t a problem.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Spectral_Agony

Which is why I say wait and see before you rage yourself to death…

However, you got that infusion as part of your storyline – when you actually needed it to defeat the enemies using said Spectral Agony. Infusion did not otherwise boost your stats though.

Polka will never die

Posted by: marianojc.2965

marianojc.2965

I share this view: How is it going to be Ascended gear in WvWvW? WvWvW is already unfair to newbees as newbees have to fight against expert players with maximum gear. Now, if Ascended gear is to be used in WvWvW, all WvWvW PvP players will have to green for that armor? and still more will PvP players have to green for this PvE armor doing dungeons? I can not believe that Arena.net is doing this… where is the spirit of freedom of Guild Wars 1?

Posted by: pregnable.1954

pregnable.1954

wtf how many flame, guys the patch is not out yet you are flaming for nothing

don’t say “omg i got farmed for mounths to get exotic” it is not true, i got farmed 4 hours for get my full exotic

ascendant is better than exotic? 2 stat yeah, with my green on my alt i am able to kill full exotic enemy, these stat are not really important

there is 1 screen about 1 ring magic find, maybe they put only magic find ascendant? or maybe not

what about “lfm only ascendant”? the dungeon got 1 difficul level progress, so at lv 1 you don’t need ascendant gear but you drop ascendant for do the lv2 etc etc

are we sure you can use theese item in wvwvwvw?
are we sure you can’t get theese item in wvwvwvw version?
theese item are craftable? there are 200 new recipe in the patch note and new resource craft

if they are craftable like i bet then theese item are easy to obtain like exotic gear, you will spent at least only 1 or 2 hours for get full accesory, where is the problems?
the only hard item to obtain is the “infusion” for the dungeon and maybe the back

we haven’t full info, so you are raging for theory and speculation
wait the patch release and they you are free for raging or not

PS: usually the qq people that said “i quit the game”, after the release, are the first to farming….

Well this is probably because the only fact we know is that they have better stats than exotic, which means WvW players have to farm pve for new gear and destroy the old gear.

Anet should give us more information if they want us to think different.

I could assume that a guy that is about to shoot me in the face with a gun is actually a dude with a magic gun that shoots magic bullets that make me rich, but I am not going to wait to find out.

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Most of what you have written here is incorrect.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

Posted by: chronus.1326

chronus.1326

I really don’t see what’s so wrong about dev hyping up their game. I mean it’s not like Anet pulled a Peter Molyneux on us and created a gear that’s grossly overpowered to the previous tier.

It integrated a kind of a community that was outside of the francishe so far, and whose needs are directly opposing the policy of the game and what we were used to and what we liked.

There isn’t a single Guild Wars player who throughout the 7 years of the game wanted vertical progression in an way, shape, or form.

The people who want this thing are the very people whose reinforcements this francise tried to stop by being different and making the difference popular.

Any move backwards, no matter how small, shows the highest ammount of wrong that we canever get in the developement: that this prime directive was thrown out in favor of more cash.

It doesn’t even matter how subtle they want to go with it (they did say that this is just the beginning). The problem is that at this point we should be already heading even farther away from this type of gameplay.

People aren’t raging because of the size of this step.
They do because it is the worst possible direction.

We should be already full-speed into the opposite direction. That was what Guild Wars was about!

Posted by: Teva.2807

Teva.2807

Please do list what is incorrect.

Thieftix- Crystal Desert [CLAV] Commander (Aka sexiest thief on CD >:])

Posted by: Cyferwolf.1089

Cyferwolf.1089

I do not like ascended gear because I do not want to have to farm new WvW gear every balance update AND tier update.

Let WvW use pvp gear or put a fork in ascended gear… or both…

This is one thing I’m really concerned about. I could still see myself playing despite this change if I didn’t have to worry that WvW would be affected, but If I have to be concerned about regearing all the time it really kills the whole deal for me.

Posted by: Vedam.6790

Vedam.6790

One could assume that the community is quite upset with the coming introduction of ascended gear.

Why don’t they just adjust the stats of the as.gear to that of the exotics?
Should be fairly easy and probably less work than adjusting the legendaries when the ascended weapons hit the live version.

Are increased stats really necessary? Why?
Isn’t it motivating enough reach new depths of the new dungeon…and having to opt you’re gear for that ?
Greater stats aren’t necessary… who the kitten thought of that?

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Why is everyone freaking out and acting like this is “God 1 hit everything” gear? its only 8 more stat points, 3% magic find, and You cannot even apply a talisman/rune to it. Not to mention that the stats are ONLY power/prec/magic find. Also, it has similarities to legendaries. And yes, legendaries ARE better than exotics, even though it isnt by much. So basically, this gear is only good for dungeons since there is agony condition.

You’re not applying that to a full set of gear, or the improvements that you would put in it. Multiply those amounts by a full armor set, two trinks, two rings, necklace, and back piece. And possibly weapons. Get it now?

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

It’s not about a few extra stats.

It’s about a beginning gear treadmill, exotics being useless and Anet focussing on adding stuff that:
1) Goes against their own design philosophies (manifesto, multiple blog posts)
2) Nobody asked for
3) A significant amount of players dislike to such an extent that they would leave the game for it

People ask for bug fixes, cosmetics, PvP formats and RNG removed, but get a gear treadmill. Something is wrong.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Exactly. This gear is meant to be used specifically in the new dungeon and I suppose only the hardest encounters will require that special condition protection. Whiners gonna whine.

Posted by: Norax.2405

Norax.2405

Its the people who did play Guild Wars 1 that are raging and saying “leave my precious Guild Wars 2 just like Guild Wars 1” Don’t ever change a thing darn you!!

Do you really think that GW2 is anywhere near to GW1? Apart from name and story there are hardly any similarities anymore.
(That itself doesn’T make GW2 a bad game, though.)

So it must look like a wow clone. amirite?

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Please do list what is incorrect.

First it’s 10 stat point and 3% MF per ring.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Saying that most people exaggerate is an exaggeration….pot calling the kettle black.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

Rift’s expansion is coming out today, if I want to grind new gear I’ll probably go play that. The fact this game had no gear treadmill is WHY I play it.

Posted by: bcbully.7289

bcbully.7289

This may be the largest thread of ticked of customers I’ve ever seen. I’m trying to think back on others, but I can’t remember one that’s longer or moving this quick.

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

I really hope Ascended gear is not advantaged over normal exotics for anything other than dungeons, and especially for WvWvW. I think that will cause a lot of the dedicated WvWvW players to leave the game. The only way I think this will be the case is if the infusion upgrades don’t increase stats at all.

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

It’s about a beginning gear treadmill, exotics being useless and Anet focussing on adding stuff that:
2) Nobody asked for
3) A significant amount of players dislike to such an extent that they would leave the game for it

People ask for bug fixes, cosmetics, PvP formats and RNG removed, but get a gear treadmill. Something is wrong.

Ahhh see your #2 is wrong! We did ask for it!

And #3 could also be wrong, but without any kind of definite data, we wouldn’t know the answer to it.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

It’s not about this one time stat increase – it’s about how they will need to do this again and again and again and again to satisfy players yearning for a carrot on a stick in order to be able to enjoy the game. And about abandoning a design principle which was important to many of their loyal fans and otherwise informed customers.

Polka will never die

Posted by: Vixon.8032

Vixon.8032

so if they add 10 more lvls in next expansion you all leave too?

becouse lvl 80 exotics will be crap

GW1 had the same max level through every single expansion.
the Max-level gear also always had the exact same stats.

there was no gear grind, except for cosmetic skins, this is what people expected from GW2 especially with the marketing and promises they made.

Exactly. This is the sole reason I bought GW2. I don’t want a gear grind again, if I wanted a gear grind I’d play World of Warcraft. Sad to see ArenaNet went back on their original promises with no gear grinding.

Posted by: bcbully.7289

bcbully.7289

This may be the largest thread of ticked of customers I’ve ever seen. I’m trying to think back on others, but I can’t remember one that’s longer or moving this quick.

Posted by: Cyberman Mastermind.6012

Cyberman Mastermind.6012

Its the people who did play Guild Wars 1 that are raging and saying “leave my precious Guild Wars 2 just like Guild Wars 1” Don’t ever change a thing darn you!!

Do you really think that GW2 is anywhere near to GW1? Apart from name and story there are hardly any similarities anymore.
(That itself doesn’T make GW2 a bad game, though.)

So it must look like a wow clone. amirite?

Don’t ask me, ask the devs. Me, I’d have been perfectly happy with a straight continuation of GW1.
I’ve come to accept the new game called “Guild Wars” 2.
I’m not sure if I should accept the new carrot-system, though.

So, ANet finally invented the carrot on a stick? how innovative…
PLEASE make this forum more usable. Don’t just warn AFTER the save, write somewhere
how many lines/characters are allowed.

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

I do not like ascended gear because I do not want to have to farm new WvW gear every balance update AND tier update.

I just don’t get comments like this.

What I see is: I get to level 80, get all the gear I wanted then sit and pvp/WvWvW or run dungeons for the rest of the games lifespan and have no new goals to strive for.

How is that fun?
I really don’t get it!!!!

Because we can sit down, log on and do it. I pvp alot in this game, more than anything else- pvp is why I got this game where gear doesn’t matter. I’ve played the same FPS games for years, I’ve also played many MMO games for years and the ones I’ve stuck with the longest had good pvp and little to no gear treadmill, ones with the gear treadmill I last maybe 3-6 months. SWTOR is a prime example of that, when they did away with champion and centurion gear and added another tier of gear and added craftable BM/WH gear with a chance of an augment slot and then punch everybody in the face by releasing an augment kit after that- that’s the most blatant treadmill there.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

Posted by: Sdric.8526

Sdric.8526

Disable Ascended gear for WvW!

Ascended Gear, as well as the announced item progression, cuts of casual gamers and working/Studying people from competitive WvW.

Unless you don’t/can’t >waste< your time to grind this gear each month, you’re cut of the endgame content.
The kind of endgame content which was announced to be grind-free, standing above all other MMOs.
—————————————————————————————-

If Ascended Gear stays PvE-only most people won’t have a problem with that.
Maybe even accept it as a motivation.

But: As soon as it becomes a must have for WvW, it splitts the playerbase.

sPvPers against gear-grind.
Ascended Gear-progression disables WvW for us.
Stop it now!

pregnable.1954

Greater stats aren’t necessary… who the kitten thought of that?

My guess is that it is the same person that refuses to give us an option to toggle the right mouse button, even though tens of thousands of people are using the combat action mod for that very reason.

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

showatt said: Why do you guys think endgame gear progression is such an evil thing?

Nobody said it’s evil. What we’re saying – many of us – is that we specifically bought this game because of what the developers said it would be, because of what they said their core design philosophy was, and “endgame gear progression” was one of the primary things the developers said GW2 was not going to have.

What we want is a game where “X” represents the necessary power/gear progression ceiling, and once we get our character outfitted in X-suitable gear, no matter how long it takes us because of our playstyle, then we’re good for all past and future content. The whole game is the end-game. That’s what we bought and invested in, and that’s what’s being changed.

Posted by: Riduy.1682

Riduy.1682

It’s 6 points higher from 63-68 on secondary attribute 5/62 = 8% increase
It’s 3% higher from 7%-10% on primary 3/7 = ~43% increase
It’s higher without needing an upgrade slot.
Now apply that to all 6 pieces of armor and jewelry, and you’ll liekly end up with 100’s more overall stats wearing full Ascended.
The power/precision/magic find is just one example, most likely.
Legendaries are not better than Exotics at the moment.

No one is worried about this “God 1 hit everything” gear. It’s the principle of the game, and a sign of things to come.

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

I really hope Ascended gear is not advantaged over normal exotics for anything other than dungeons, and especially for WvWvW. I think that will cause a lot of the dedicated WvWvW players to leave the game. The only way I think this will be the case is if the infusion upgrades don’t increase stats at all.

Posted by: Agonize.2015

Agonize.2015

Anet pls change the name Lost Shores is not appropriate , wil lbe nice something like Rage Shores XD.. btw ill not rage until they release the Patch, my 1st scared observation are : IF they implement Ascended Gear who farm the Old Dungeon for take Exotic Gear? No point for farm like Hell all day 3x Path of “old” Dungeon for take an “old” exotic gear if dnt have EndGame Stat!!, i hope they implement a way to obtain Ascended Gear with the “old” Dungeon too… if not probably ppl give up old dungeon and chage focus to overfarming a “new” Dungeon….. no point to do this for Anet.. IMO

Posted by: Velg.3170

Velg.3170

Still feeling disappointed, but after a few hours I realized funny thing… this is only gonna get me far from grinding.

I did this – as part of my ‘horizontal progression’. I have my full (well, almost – 2 runs missing) Svanir armor set. It’s 23+ runs of the dungeon. About 10+ hours of doing it – maybe longer, because I refused to use HotW p3→p2 exploit & a few times I’ve been hitted by diminished returns. I also have exotic accessories etc. – a few more hours to get. I’ve also had Corrupted Blade until I accidentally destroyed it. Add another 10 hours.

It’s pretty big investment – about 25 hours just to get fine gear. 8% of my playtime But hell, I felt that was worth it. But it was worth it because it was one time investment – I was sure that I won’t have to ever change this set. And I was sure that it’d be still somewhat remarkable after all this time.

Now, I won’t go for Ascended gear. If game will throw useful & souldbound ring on me – it’s fine. But otherwise I don’t feel the need to instantly go for slight improvement in my stats. I’ll get it in due time – when they’ll introduce another gear tier, and (as far as I can imagine) the price will drop substantially. Now I’ll just get exotics when the price will drop to the points where the yellows will be. I’ll skip the ‘only Ascended!’ LFG. And I’m pretty sure difficulty won’t bite me in my kitten Going into somewhere one tier late shouldn’t be so hard. Except this Fractals dungeon – but again, its main point will be farming Ascended (I believe), so I can just skip it.

Posted by: hydrangea.9136

hydrangea.9136

So a: legendaries are to hard to obtain were making it more easy and b: to many have legendaries already so there is a need for better armor

Two statements that are opossite but yet they put it in. Why? I don’t know.

Posted by: Cyferwolf.1089

Cyferwolf.1089

Why is everyone freaking out and acting like this is “God 1 hit everything” gear? its only 8 more stat points, 3% magic find, and You cannot even apply a talisman/rune to it. Not to mention that the stats are ONLY power/prec/magic find. Also, it has similarities to legendaries. And yes, legendaries ARE better than exotics, even though it isnt by much. So basically, this gear is only good for dungeons since there is agony condition.

Legendary weapons aren’t better than exotics if you actually check the stats on the wiki or the numerous other sites.

Also, the fear is that since the ring and back pieces they proposed are better and they have indicated they want to do more of this, a full set of ascended gear could provide a significant stat advantage over exotic gear, thus requiring a grind to get the new stuff. Now, if losing the rune slot and sigil slot on other stuff balances that out, and the infusions only help against certain enemies that’s not a big deal, but we don’t have any of those details yet. In their absence, people are raising their concern that Anet is going back on it’s ideals of not having a gear grind in GW2.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Do you all know who will need Ascended gear? Players that grind Fractals to the point of agony being enough of a problem to need it. Do you know who will be getting Ascended gear? See the above answer.

It’s a little self contained tread-mill for people that like tread-mills.

If you casually play fractals, agony won’t be a problem. Your existing exotics will be fine. If you don’t play fractals, your existing exotics will be fine.

So let A.Net put those players that enjoy that sort of thing in a corner by themselves with what makes them happy and get back to the stuff that makes you happy.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: jboynton.7894

jboynton.7894

honestly most people here are all about the GW franchise and wanting to keep the game true to the manifesto.

They don’t want to game to reach out to WoW’s market – instead they’re happy to understand that with 24 US server (16 full and 8 heavy), that the game is doing quite well in this over-saturated MMO market.

Gw2 is the sequal Gw1, which is why the “diehard” gw1 fans love this game without vertical gear progression.

Gw2 is a game on its own, and it has attracted not only gw1 fans but also fans of other MMOs who are looking for something different.

Edited your quote. See what I did there?

pregnable.1954

I just don’t get comments like this.

What I see is: I get to level 80, get all the gear I wanted then sit and pvp/WvWvW or run dungeons for the rest of the games lifespan and have no new goals to strive for.

How is that fun?
I really don’t get it!!!!

If you have to ask why pvp is fun, you’ll never know.

Very funny post. You must be trolling. 8/10

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

2) Nobody asked for

Ahhh see your #2 is wrong! We did ask for it!

And #3 could also be wrong, but without any kind of definite data, we wouldn’t know the answer to it.

Who is we? You mean the 4000 or so newish posters who are here saying we don’t want it? Or the same 50 or so people who have sat on the forums trying to turn GW2 into WoW?

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

Based on the information we have right now, Ascended gear is standard PvE gear, and thus will be used in WvW and all PvE content.

It isn’t clear, but it also seems that you can only acquire this gear through the new dungeon.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

I really don’t see what’s so wrong about dev hyping up their game. I mean it’s not like Anet pulled a Peter Molyneux on us and created a gear that’s grossly overpowered to the previous tier.

It integrated a kind of a community that was outside of the francishe so far, and whose needs are directly opposing the policy of the game and what we were used to and what we liked.

There isn’t a single Guild Wars player who throughout the 7 years of the game wanted vertical progression in an way, shape, or form.

The people who want this thing are the very people whose reinforcements this francise tried to stop by being different and making the difference popular.

Any move backwards, no matter how small, shows the highest ammount of wrong that we canever get in the developement: that this prime directive was thrown out in favor of more cash.

It doesn’t even matter how subtle they want to go with it (they did say that this is just the beginning). The problem is that at this point we should be already heading even farther away from this type of gameplay.

People aren’t raging because of the size of this step.
They do because it is the worst possible direction.

We should be already full-speed into the opposite direction. That was what Guild Wars was about!

Except how will we know it’s the worst possible ‘direction"?
GW1 think gear progression will ruin the game, yet games with hardcore progression like Wow still strives ( and is actually in better shape than Anet atm, I’d say, given how many of my guildies have quitted to play Panda)

It’s only the worst direction if the community doesn’t give Anet a chance to reach out to new audiences. It’s only heading in the worst direction if all the GW1 fan decided gw2 isn’t worth it because it’s not their ’perfect GW1 clone" and quit.

Whether or not this game is heading towards a bad direction or not depends entirely players and not the design itself, as none of the new designs are actually game breaking.

Long story short, have a little faith in the dev who brought you GW1. Give them some time to try new things instead of melting down whenever a change is coming.

Posted by: Oluerim.7256

Oluerim.7256

There is no need to complain about getting more a less easily an exo set. Because the game was design for that purpose.
It has been announced, it has been repeated, it has been implemented. Because this state of mind is the core of Arena.net. And because all player of the community who’s got a brain is satisfied this way.

So people complaining about getting exo to easily have paid a game without any clue about what it really is.

There are plenty of games to level up your gears constantly. This game was specific and very smart but now it will become a grinding game like all the others.

So basically we’ll have every 3 month :
Grind to get the new gear
Grind on dungeon to get better gears
Letting the rest of the game content aside

It doesn’t matter how much the new gear is powerfull or how much hard it is to obtain it.

What does matter in this game is having fun with your guild trying to master every type of content the game has to offer.
There are many difficult dungeons to try to beat without dying.
Many new explorable zone and jumping puzzle.
Many things to do in WvW with your disorganized server
Many skills to master in the very fun and well designed structured PvP
Unique assortment of skin to build on your not enough optimized exo set
New content every month to be sure everybody can always do something new or better.
Legendaries
and so on and on and on….

And be sure not to worry about grinding for the newly introduce term “new end game” gears

This is all about nonsense and bullkitten.

From a 6 hour a day player who was far away to get bored even without new extensions.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

(edited by Oluerim.7256)

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

Anet pls change the name Lost Shores is not appropriate , wil lbe nice something like Rage Shores XD.. btw ill not rage until they release the Patch, my 1st scared observation are : IF they implement Ascended Gear who farm the Old Dungeon for take Exotic Gear? No point for farm like Hell all day 3x Path of “old” Dungeon for take an “old” exotic gear if dnt have EndGame Stat!!, i hope they implement a way to obtain Ascended Gear with the “old” Dungeon too… if not probably ppl give up old dungeon and chage focus to overfarming a “new” Dungeon….. no point to do this for Anet.. IMO

Lost Shores fits IMO – it’s where they Lost a good chunk of their playerbase, or their mind.

I agree with you on the old dungeons – I still think there will be some interest, but without a Dungeon Finder, it’s going to be hard to find a group. Especially with dwindling server numbers. They needed to implement a cross-server Dungeon Finder like 2 months ago.

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

If it becomes a must have for wvw, i’ll make my decision then. More than likely my guild will just power rofl stomp the dungeons to get the gear, if it becomes necessary, because we really really love wvw.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Legendary weapons aren’t better than exotics if you actually check the stats on the wiki or the numerous other sites.

Also, the fear is that since the ring and back pieces they proposed are better and they have indicated they want to do more of this, a full set of ascended gear could provide a significant stat advantage over exotic gear, thus requiring a grind to get the new stuff. Now, if losing the rune slot and sigil slot on other stuff balances that out, and the infusions only help against certain enemies that’s not a big deal, but we don’t have any of those details yet. In their absence, people are raising their concern that Anet is going back on it’s ideals of not having a gear grind in GW2.

We do have information on that. Ascended weapons already have the upgrade slot built into them, so you still get those bonusses. Infact, the built-in upgrades are also slightly stronger than current upgrades.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: johnnycosmic.9130

johnnycosmic.9130

Not even WoW was cranking out new gear tiers this fast after launch, this could speak volumes about the future direction of the game.

(edited by johnnycosmic.9130)

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

why are you all focusing in that magic find? its only and example between the explorer ring and the equivalend ascent ring! There are 3 (+2 that fits the enchantment) stats increased on that gear + the infused slot.

and and 8% value increasing on every stats, for every item you can wear, is a huge stats boost! and this is bad! REALLY BAD!

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

Some ppl think oooo its just a minor stat increase on 2 rings, yes just for NOW, after this they will release other pieces that are better than exotics, after they finished this tier gear release(light purple) they will finally introduce us to all Legendary tier(purple) pieces and this game will become Farmers Wars 2. Its not releasing better gear piece make us mad, its they break their promise and we need to play a game that no longer has one of our initial reason to buy this game(no power creep). I guess I will just play pandas if this game falls into the way other MMOs stepped, at least I have more friends playing panda lands.

And this is only 3 months after game launched…think about it…

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…