Thoughts on Ascended Gear? [Merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

It gets better.
From the Wiki: Subdirector Blingg’s objective is to “intimidate Subdirector Noll.” Noll means head or top of head. I think we all know what Blingg means. The word intimidate is nowhere else in the wiki, except to describe the cripple ability of some ranger pets.

Googled 4373 and find that it is a reference to a MS security error relating to remote attacks, and also assigned to a software vulernability code that allowed attackers to execute arbitrary code.

Easter eggs are usually for fun! These…not so much.

Also, don’t forget the acronym for the new dungeon: “FotM”

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Posted by: Coeurebene.7138

Coeurebene.7138

No way I grind dungeons or play WvW with a handicap. This was exactly why I chose GW2 over other games…

Please make the new stuff the same stats as exotic + some situationnal PvE only bonuses, and everybody will be happy.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I feel A-Net wanted to fix the cry for end-game

A gear treadmill is the lowest and most boring form of end game there is. No matter what compromise they come up with to appease to the angry part of the community, the treadmill will stay. In this case, it really is a matter of principle.

Adding any content that decreases the relative effectiveness of your maxed gear is a treadmill. Ascended gear is a treadmill. Infusions are a treadmill. Making infusion as easy to acquire as in GW1 would make their addition irrelevant in the first place.

I’m not against gating as long as it is easy to overcome. No problem whatsoever. I have to do the story mode of a dungeon once before I can initiate an explorable mode? No problem. In GW1, you only had to be max level and have one of your characters complete the campaign to unlock hardmode for every other character on that account, provided they were max level. That’s a very reasonable gating mechanic, and makes sure you’re at least somewhat familiar with the content.

This? This is atrocious.

(edited by ASB.4295)

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

Are Eric Flannum and Colin Johanson out of the picture?

From vertical progression, to power creep, to player separation. To really dumb stuff like, placing mobs on platforms in dungeons in a game where half your defence is based on the dodge mechanic …. Or in this case they should call it the ….fall and go splat mechanic.

I’m starting to think they don’t ever play their own game….LOL

Does anyone have News on Eric Flannum and Colin Johanson?

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

I’ll also ask this, allot of people are raving about how much fun the new dungeon is ….. so would it instantly be less fun if it was just for cosmetic improvements with Agony as the only upgrade?

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Does anyone have News on Eric Flannum and Colin Johanson?

No, and there won’t be any. Even if they do hate these changes, they’ll never be able to say so without losing their jobs – and even if they did lose their jobs they still couldn’t, because they’d never be able to get another job in the industry if they went shooting their mouths off about their old employer.

In short, no explanations or apologies are coming. Ever. Official PR spin is all we will get from now on.

Posted by: Cheiron the Centaur.1829

Cheiron the Centaur.1829

@Skyper:

I’ve quoted it before earlier in this thread, but I’ll repeat it especially for you. When they introduced legendary weapons, ArenaNet stated:

And Legendary Weapons ofcourse are not any more powerful than kind of the top level exotic weapons. In fact, each Legendary Weapon is based off of a very specific exotic weapon power wise, so they’re exactly the same power wise, but they look a whole lot cooler.

And up until the introduction of Ascended gear, that’s the way it has been. There never was a gap in stats. So if you want to hear suggestions on how this could work, step 1 would be to remove that stat difference again, and keep exotic, ascended and legendary gear equal in stats. The only difference should be in rarity and in looks.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

I’ll also ask this, allot of people are raving about how much fun the new dungeon is ….. so would it instantly be less fun if it was just for cosmetic improvements with Agony as the only upgrade?

I’m guessing they wouldn’t know as they wouldn’t try it out, because they would have no “feeling of progression”.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Haudruff.7804

Haudruff.7804

Usually i laught at conspiracy theories. But i can’t deny that there r lots of evidences here… ;( Apart from those 3 things mentioned here, what strikes me most is the silence.

They don’t answer, they dont react. They must be watching these forums, since they answer in other threads about this and that and whatnot. But this is the longest thread ever, a complete negative reaction on their “new”? idea. And nothing was heard, though we r the ones they get the money from and will leave…

-echoes r the answers, and silence speaks the thruth- (quotes from a band i love^^)

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

If running the same dungeon 30 times in a roll to get a single ascended item is not called a gear treadmill, I’m an airplane

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

It’s somewhat strange to me that a company as large and profitable as ANet (or even their owners, NCsoft) would put the future of a game that’s been in development for over 5 years into the hands of someone who hasn’t been able to hold a job for more than 2 years. I guess maybe that’s how the software industry functions, but maybe that is also part of the problem.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Posted by: Nerth.3940

Nerth.3940

For those that have to have a new shiny thing just around the corner to even play the game yes. For those of us who like to play the game because it’s fun the answer is no.

If you ever played WoW you’ve seen “that” guy in Stormwind/Ogrimmar idling on his shiny new “uber hard to get” mount next to the bank 24/7 so he can feel good about himself responding to all those whispers about his shiny new mount of awesome.

Posted by: Zang.6539

Zang.6539

I work for a large corporation. As far as a response goes, the common theme these days, is “do not respond to anything negative” Almost every major company out there holds this “Ostrich with it’s head in the sand” mentality. They will not respond or even acknowledge that this thread exists. If you make mention of any bug or anything else in any other thread, they will respond, bring up this thread and or subject and it will get deleted or locked. Some one go make an “I love the changes, Thanks Arena Net” thread and I’m sure you’ll get devs and reps responding to that. Our words are silent, Logging in and staging protest will not help either. All it shows is “hey look guys our plan worked there are so many people logged in” If you want a show of solidarity you need to NOT log in and keep it that way. Other than that, we can stop hoping for a response, we simply will not get one. Where I work at, you can not say anything honest or speak out against policy with out being placed on the lay off list or being out right fired. So.. we may have been heard but will never be responded too.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

If running the same dungeon 30 times in a roll to get a single ascended item is not called a gear treadmill, I’m an airplane

What you’re describing is grind. Grind and a gear treadmill are not the same thing, they just like to team up in order to generate the illusion of a long lasting progression.

The ascended gear itself and the infusions are the first and second step of the gear treadmill, with further tiers of infusions being the next steps. If you’d completely take away the grind of running the dungeon and made acquiring ascended gear a matter of 5 minutes, it would still be a gear treadmill. It would be a a nearly useless one, but it would still devalue your gear every time they release a new part. The same goes for infusion rarity tiers.

Don’t be fooled if they turn around and announce that they’re making the gear easier to get. The treadmill will still be there, and it’s going to be used to keep you going for a long while.

(edited by ASB.4295)

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

It’s somewhat strange to me that a company as large and profitable as ANet (or even their owners, NCsoft) would put the future of a game that’s been in development for over 5 years into the hands of someone who hasn’t been able to hold a job for more than 2 years. I guess maybe that’s how the software industry functions, but maybe that is also part of the problem.

Five years of game development is expensive, so I’m sure 688 million dollars looked pretty appealing at the time.

I don’t see a big market in the U.S. for gear purchased via gems that works out to $107 per piece given the current economy. Is there someplace in the world that is doing so well that there are a lot of people willing to spend $1926 to get gear for their character?

I just don’t see how they plan to make money off the store with this. The grinders I know don’t spend anything, that is why they grind. They look down on people that spend real money.

And with the dungeon both dropping ascended stuff and kicking out a ton of gold, I can’t see any incentive for dungeon grinders to spend a dime of real money. They’ll have more than enough collaterally to buy whatever they want with in-game gold.

Posted by: tasslehoff.5708

tasslehoff.5708

Haven’t had much chance to play since Halloween due to college and stuff. But now I just wanted to speak my mind in this thread. These changes stink to high heaven and it seems gw2 is turning into a game different from the one I bought.

I doubt I’ll even be playing anymore because I just lost any and all desire for it knowing that I’ll always be slightly behind everyone else due to not having as much time to play.

I preordered the game when it was available. Seems I got burned. Will not trust any developer ever again. To everyone who doesn’t mind these changes, have fun in the game and I hope it all goes well for ya.

Posted by: Typicalsloan.8603

Typicalsloan.8603

I wish I could get a refund.

Posted by: Urxx.6840

Urxx.6840

I just don’t see how they plan to make money off the store with this. The grinders I know don’t spend anything, that is why they grind. They look down on people that spend real money.

I think this idiotic idea of ascended gear was a reaction to some disappointing statistic, but they took a very poor business decision that will make their finances much worse in the long run.

Besided the refunds a lot of people are asking, they are alienating the very part of the players base, casuals, who are most likely to spend money in the gem store, mainly to compensate for the time they can’t dedicate to achieve things via gameplay.

On top of that, some of us were voluntarily spending real money in the gem store to buy unneeded things like minis with the specific purpose of supporting the game. A sort of voluntary monthly fee if you will. I’m ready to bet that’s going down drastically after this fiasco.

The main target of ascended gear, grinders, have plenty of virtual money. They are unlikely to buy gems with real cash.

Posted by: John Lucier.5486

John Lucier.5486

I wish I could get a refund.

If you purchased with a card whether it be debit or credit, you can get a refund. Contact your card issuer and have them do a chargeback.
This is my suggestion to everyone, and don’t stop at the game, do it for gems as well.

Posted by: don ring.2793

don ring.2793

The real tragedy is yet to come. From what I’ve been reading on the internet, they are also considering making ascended weapons and armor. That’s when the original concept of the game will be truly soiled. Anyone who hasn’t allowed their voice to be heard needs to speak up! If not, chances are looking like they will follow through with the rest of the gear, which means they will also increasing the stats on Legendary items (fact) and probably down the road will be releasing something better than Legendary like Godly or something with even better stats. To the people who think we are just whining, realize that we are playing a game where every player expects and was promised to be on somewhat even grounds with each other in events like WvW. The release of this new equipment will turn pvp in guild wars 2 into an abomination consisting of people who play 12+ hours every day leaving the casual players wishing they could pvp successfully but never can because of their job, families etc..

There is still many different directions we can go with the ascended gear such as making it more ideal for FotM dungeons than standard pve or pvp which would be pretty easy to do. But no matter which direction is taken, the stats need to be lowered. I would love to see Ascended weapons and armor hit the game, displaying a sleek new style option for those who want it, but not to be more superior than others.
Stop this madness please? Remember Anet, you created a game accessible to players of all different types. You drew in a HUGE fraction of your players with this concept in mind. MANY OF US WILL LEAVE IF THIS CONTINUES!!

Posted by: Lt Latency.7415

Lt Latency.7415

Wow People with 600 hours played after paying 60 bucks.

What joke.

You got your monies worth.

Now you want to unpay for it for what they gave you. If you don’t like stop playing and stop spending money. But if you played for 600 hours, They gave you enough.

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

What joke.

Now you want to unpay for it for what they gave you. If you don’t like stop playing and stop spending money. But if you played for 600 hours, They gave you enough.

Personal opinion.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: A Volcano.2510

A Volcano.2510

First post on this thread:

ANET: I am VERY disappointed with your decision to do this. You are only succeeding in making your game like every other game out there, and that is not going to get you customers for the long term.

This was a horrible business decision!

Lt Latency.7415

What joke.

Personal opinion.

You know What I would do if I was a dev company. I would never tell anyone any thing about future plans EVER!!!!!

If the second something small changed a bunch of people can roll around kicking a scream after playing 600 hours to get their money back. It’s too risky.

This is why game companies lock everything in the vault and don’t tell people what they are working on.

The ONLY thing you do is hurt the industry as a whole. It a HUGE risk for companies to build and try new things cause some times they don’t work and they still need to make a profit.

GW2 tried to be more then a WoW clone, For that at least they deserve 60 bucks.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

You know What I would do if I was a dev company. I would never tell anyone any thing about future plans EVER!!!!!

If the second something small changed a bunch of people can roll around kicking a scream after playing 600 hours to get their money back. It’s too risky.

This is why game companies lock everything in the vault and don’t tell people what they are working on.

The ONLY thing you do is hurt the industry as a whole. It a HUGE risk for companies to build and try new things cause some times they don’t work and they still need to make a profit.

Why the rage?
And it’s not small change. It’s a huge change. In game’s philosophy. They did try to be different than WoW-clones, for 2.5 months. The moment they started to turn their back on this ideology, that’s when people have started asking for refunds.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Lt Latency.7415

Why the rage?
And it’s not small change. It’s a huge change. In game’s philosophy. They did try to be different than WoW-clones, for 2.5 months. The moment they started to turn their back on this ideology, that’s when people have started asking for refunds.

No rage,

I’m just saying you people are not fighting the man or improving anything. You are just making thing worse.

GW2 launched a game that tried to be different. Maybe it will work, Maybe it won’t.

But we got our monies worth for that. If you deiced the new changes are not to your liking, Stop playing, Stop spending money.

Then they see, Hey we made money with this idea, Then lost money with this idea.

The holy crap I want my money back because you tried something and want to test something new to see if can boost player count and the amount of to nothing usefull.

If I want to make a game that tries something new, Now I am at a huge risk.

1) My new idea might not work.
2) If I change to try and make it work, People can take the money back even though they played for 600 hours.

You now what the people who right the checks to pay for games will say. Don’t do something new. Make a clone cause it’s easy profit.

(edited by Lt Latency.7415)

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

What joke.

Personal opinion.

1) You know What I would do if I was a dev company. I would never tell anyone any thing about future plans EVER!!!!!

2) If the second something small changed a bunch of people can roll around kicking a scream after playing 600 hours to get their money back. It’s too risky.

3) This is why game companies lock everything in the vault and don’t tell people what they are working on.

4) The ONLY thing you do is hurt the industry as a whole. It a HUGE risk for companies to build and try new things cause some times they don’t work and they still need to make a profit.

5) GW2 tried to be more then a WoW clone, For that at least they deserve 60 bucks.

lol ok lets take point to point

1) NO advertise, no customers… false advertise, no customers(or worse problems too)… Now if you plan to do somethig that require customers, remember this simple lesson

2) I little change can make angry a little number of people but is a calcultated risk…
a core change, can litteraly divide you customers community, in any case, you split your gain. For the refund, well, law talk, and thats all i expressed myself too much in these days about.

3)its not always true

4)we can debate this… im not accusing anyone in this moment, but its true the opposite.
If you advertise something, and you sell something else, you hurt you customer, and ok, then its the customer thats has right to hurt the company.

5) Gw2 not supposed that Gw2 has to be better then a wow clone… Its was advertised in the net like the “wow killer”, and before this patch i was extremely convinced with this idea.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

(edited by Ganzo.5079)

Posted by: Arreyanne.2683

Arreyanne.2683

What joke.

Personal opinion.

Ya they tried for 2.5 months I’ll give them that

I’m glad your still enjoying the game, I however, if Im going to play the gear treadmill will play something that ain’t this, simply on principal. They have done somthing they said they wouldn’t gate content and install a gear treadmill. Now I also agree that it’s a small one, but with each new tier of Infusion, the work you but into getting the last set is now just time spent, and you get to say “Yippee more powerful stuff”

As far as asking for a refund I haven’t made up my mind yet. But I could pay for Planetside 2 with that refund

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

And I and a whole lot of other people would ignore your game.

You think it is small. It isn’t. It’s like removing the rule against touching the soccer ball with your hands. Is that small?

I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: don ring.2793

don ring.2793

What joke.

Personal opinion.

Maybe if devs shared their ideas with us (without spoiling future content ofc) and truly paid attention to what the players wanted, they wouldn’t be at risk of losing their player base and profits. I promise you that if a couple of months ago they had asked the players if they wanted a new tier of equipment that was slightly superior, they would have never made that update in the first place due to the 10k+ rants that they are receiving now. And that’s just the people that decided to speak up. Who knows how many people just quit the moment they saw the update or simply don’t look at the forums.

Posted by: Crater.1625

Crater.1625

1) My new idea might not work.
2) If I change to try and make it work, People can take the money back even though they played for 600 hours.

You now what the people who right the checks to pay for games will say. Don’t do something new. Make a clone cause it’s easy profit.

But it’s not a change “to try and make it work”. It’s a change to make it into a clone. Getting a refund sends the message that making a clone is not an easy profit.

Lt Latency.7415

What joke.

Personal opinion.

Maybe if devs shared their ideas with us (without spoiling future content ofc) and truly paid attention to what the players wanted, they wouldn’t be at risk of losing their player base and profits. I promise you that if a couple of months ago they had asked the players if they wanted a new tier of equipment that was slightly superior, they would have never made that update in the first place due to the 10k+ rants that they are receiving now. And that’s just the people that decided to speak up. Who knows how many people just quit the moment they saw the update or simply don’t look at the forums.

Becuase you don’t know what players want.

When GW2 launched it play time was WAY above WoWs. It dropped WAY below WoWs in less then 2 months.

That is what they are trying to fix.

There is way worse things they could have done.

P2W or charge a sub fee, Which they did not do.

Just don’t chase the carrot and show them you are not interested in that.

xtorma.1283

Why the rage?

No rage,

I’m just saying you people are not fighting the man or improving anything. You are just making thing worse.

GW2 launched a game that tried to be different. Maybe it will work, Maybe it won’t.

But we got our monies worth for that. If you deiced the new changes are not to your liking, Stop playing, Stop spending money.

Then they see, Hey we made money with this idea, Then lost money with this idea.

The holy crap I want my money back because you tried something and want to test something new to see if can boost player count and the amount of to nothing usefull.

1) My new risk might not work.
2) If I change to try and make it work, People can take the money back even though they played for 60 bucks.

1. that is why it’s called a risk
2. They never came out and said it wasn’t working. They just did it. Look at the cash shop. It’s a barren wasteland. It should be packed full of skins to sell. The first new dungeon they created went directly for a gear increase, they didn’t even try to see if new awsome skins would be just as desireable. It’s like they didnt even try to make thier model work. they just abandoned it.

Personally, i will never ask for a refund, but that is only because I care about the poor guy who works in the basement at anet, has three kids and a wife, and drives an old beat up volvo.

And I like wvw :p

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

What joke.

Personal opinion.

I’m glad your still enjoying the game, I however, if Im going to play the gear treadmill will play something that ain’t this, simply on principal. They have done somthing they said they wouldn’t gate content and install a gear treadmill. Now I also agree that it’s a small one, but with each new tier of Infusion, the work you but into getting the last set is now just time spent, and you get to say “Yippee more powerful stuff”

As far as asking for a refund I haven’t made up my mind yet. But I could pay for Planetside 2 with that refund

Until you play PS2 for 600 hrs and decide you are bored and charge back that.

An endless cycle of never having to pay for games again.

You people are just ‘renting’ games, and you are part of the problem.

Lt Latency.7415

Why the rage?

No rage,

2) If I change to try and make it work, People can take the money back even though they played for 60 bucks.

2. They never came out and said it wasn’t working. They just did it. Look at the cash shop. It’s a barren wasteland. It should be packed full of skins to sell. The first new dungeon they created went directly for a gear increase, they didn’t even try to see if new awsome skins would be just as desireable. It’s like they didnt even try to make thier model work. they just abandoned it.

Personally, i will never ask for a refund, but that is only because I care about the poor guy who works in the basement at anet, has three kids and a wife, and drives an old beat up volvo.

Right and if too risky for companies to spend 200 million trying something new. They won’t.

They will just make CoD once a year and roll around in a huge pile of money. While companies that at least tried get crapped on.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

My friend played the dungeon and passed some difficulty levels and says he didn’t encounter any agony condition yet. So he said he won’t be needing the new gear. So is it really mandatory?

Posted by: Greep.6394

Greep.6394

Why the rage?

No rage,

Right and if too risky for companies to spend 200 million trying something new. They won’t.

They will just make CoD once a year and roll around in a huge pile of money. While companies that at least tried get crapped on.

Yeah basically for the consumer it’s best if companies make 2 flops and 1 massively good game. For the people actually making the games, it’s financially better to just make 3 “meh” games.

I think we should just get used to thinking “AAA game” = Boring crap (shiny crap!), move along.

As for BUY-4373 my first thoughts were it was just one of those phone things. But all I got out of it was BUY-HERE. Fitting but not very amusing for an easter egg. I was hoping for 7448 for fun, or 4653 if they wanted to make a statement.

(edited by Greep.6394)

Posted by: Enikuo.9205

Enikuo.9205

What joke.

I would say that ANet both failed to deliver the product they advertised and wasted 600 hours of that player’s time, so they’re doubly wrong.

I don’t think it’s appropriate to tell someone that they got their money’s worth, especially in this circumstance.

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

basically, this is pretty much what would happen if in a major WoW patch, blizzard removes raids, dungeons and gear progression with little to no warning.

people would be incredibly mad and probably stop playing. players dont like it when you change principles on them behind their backs.

My friend played the dungeon and passed some difficulty levels and says he didn’t encounter any agony condition yet. So he said he won’t be needing the new gear. So is it really mandatory?

its mandatory to progress further in the dungeon and depending on the direction Anet takes, it may become mandatory to stay up to par in WvW, since the more hardcore WvW guilds will likely farm the new gear to get the advantage. of course, this will equalize things out to some extent, but it could exclude several players who did not want to do this grind. it could also exclude players from seeing future dungeons and content if it becomes a requirement for those. this whole change has the potential to cause all kinds of damage.

thugged out since cubscouts

Lt Latency.7415

What joke.

I would say that ANet both failed to deliver the product they advertised and wasted 600 hours of that player’s time, so they’re doubly wrong.

I don’t think it’s appropriate to tell someone that they got their money’s worth, especially in this circumstance.

That works out to 10 cents an hour.

As there was no grind so far, You were playing for fun. It’s pretty hard to get fun for 10 cents an hour.

Enikuo.9205

What joke.

That works out to 10 cents an hour.

As there was no grind so far, You were playing for fun. It’s pretty hard to get fun for 10 cents an hour.

The point is that it’s not your place to make that evaluation. It’s not your money.

Also, you’re not helping ANet. The players asking for refunds either already feel foolish or righteously indignant. You’re really only fanning the flames.

Lt Latency.7415

What else would you do that give you that kind of value for your money??

I went to see the new bond movie and the add was nothing like what I thought the movie was going to be.

That cost me alot more then 10 cents an hour.

xtorma.1283

I went to see the new bond movie and the add was nothing like what I thought the movie was going to be.

But when you went to see the bond movie , it didnt turn into twilight half way through.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Nerth.3940

Your analogy would work if you were promised a Bond movie, bought a ticket for a Bond movie but you would get to see a romantic comedy that has nothing to do with a Bond movie.

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

Your analogy would work if you were promised a Bond movie, bought a ticket for a Bond movie but you would get to see a romantic comedy that has nothing to do with a Bond movie.

But the romantic comedy happened to be 40 hours long, so you got your money’s worth anyway!

/sarcasm

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

Lt Latency.7415

But when you went to see the bond movie , it didnt turn into twilight half way through.

Actually it sort of did.

I thought i was going to see a movie about bond a super spy and gadgets like normal but he was a worthless bum who couldn’t pass his training and had no spy tools.

But bond is not the actual point.

The point is the list of things you can do for 10 cents a hour is small

Posted by: Arreyanne.2683

Arreyanne.2683

What joke.

Personal opinion.

Until you play PS2 for 600 hrs and decide you are bored and charge back that.

An endless cycle of never having to pay for games again.

You people are just ‘renting’ games, and you are part of the problem.

Hmmm must have missed the part where I said GW2 added the gear progression.

nah If I wanted to rent games I’d go to the local Blockbuster but thanks for the advice

Nerth.3940

Actually it sort of did.

I thought i was going to see a movie about bond a super spy and gadgets like normal but he was a worthless bum who couldn’t pass his training and had no spy tools.

What is it then? I bought a product because it was advertised in a certain way. I don’t play games with gear grind (WoW, Rift, SW:TOR, …). I don’t have the time anymore. So, they advertised that this is going to be different, whole game is end-game, play how you want to play, we respect our players, yadda, yadda, yadda. What happens? they do a 180 on us after we bought the game and spent a considerable amount in the gem store.

Oh, just to be clear, I can’t get a refund because I was one of those fools who pre-purchased on the same day it was available to show my support for their so called “manifesto”. I even planned to buy at least 20€ worth of gems every month, just like a subscription to show my support for their efforts.

Makes sense?

Lt Latency.7415

Actually it sort of did.

What is it then? I bought a product because it was advertised in a certain way. I don’t play games with gear grind (WoW, Rift, SW:TOR, …). I don’t have the time anymore. So, they advertised that this is going to be different, whole game is end-game, play how you want to play, we respect our players, yadda, yadda, yadda. What happens? they do a 180 on us after we bought the game and spent a considerable amount in the gem store.

Oh, just to be clear, I can’t get a refund because I was one of those fools who pre-purchased on the same day it was available to show my support for their so called “manifesto”. I even planned to buy at least 20€ worth of gems every month, just like a subscription to show my support for their efforts.

Makes sense?

Yeah, You paid and played for one style and if they change to something you don’t like you stop.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Paying for 600 hours+ and saying your didn’t get your monies worth not so much. I don’t even think I have played a game for 600 hours, Well maybe counter strike but that is because it’s like 10+ years old.

Enikuo.9205

Actually it sort of did.

Makes sense?

Yeah, You paid and played for one style and if they change to something you don’t like you stop.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Paying for 600 hours+ and saying your didn’t get your monies worth not so much. I don’t even think I have played a game for 600 hours, Well maybe counter strike but that is because it’s like 10+ years old.

600 hours that ANet wasted of that player’s time. They can say they didn’t get their money’s worth, because it’s their money. It’s their time. Not yours. That’s the point.