Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Still no reason to log in.

Thoughts on the March 26th Patch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

the quickness nerf is obvious everyone.

they only increased the duration on skills that also came with a penalty.

any other method of quickness was simply nerfed. its a “win” button. this is a good thing.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

Nearly all the profession forums are complaining about nerfs atm….was any class actually happy with this patch?

(edited by Gelltor.3015)

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I hate how they added another gamble. I want to have Fused weapons skins, but I will not gamble to get them. I would spend real money on these fused skins if zero gambling was required. But instead Anet gets zero from me.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Nearly all the profession forums are complaining about nerds atm….was any class actually happy with this patch?

Had a good chuckle at the autocorrect

That aside, this is no different than any skill update since 2005 in GW. I could probably copy and paste from gwguru archives…

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

They added in some new weapons known as super weapons. Here is my post on them with clues I’ve found.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/lore/Super-Weapons-What-where-huh

Currently unknown if they are obtainable.

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Several massive nerfs to Rangers that the small buffs don’t make up for and considering it was already the weakest class…

Starting to wonder why there are rangers in the game quickness gave my ranger a chance to burn things down before he melted

Pets need work, Long bow needs work, spirits need work what do rangers get nerf number 378 and ( gomer pyle voice) suprise suprise, warriors get banner love.

Rangers are going from the redheaded step child of GW2 to the brown thing on the side walk.

ew i steped in a ranger.

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

A lot of pretty cool stuffs, minor changes, bug fixes – I think generally in line with the company intention of not implementing big sudden changes.

And while most people complain about the drastic changes of these new patches to their game play, I actually complain about the opposite. I played the past few hours, and upon closer inspection, the changes listed are indeed there, but overall I do not feel any change at all. And I feel the same way about past patches as well.

For one, never really relied on quickness for anything, not even on my ranger, but that’s just me.

More importantly though, most changes just seems to be… “not up to scale” with the grand scheme of things. I mean like, Claw of Jormag has what… a few million hp maybe. And I’m doing less than 1k per hit. What the hell does one more second of quickness matter? Nor even reducing its speed bonus to half?

Even in WvWvW. Zerg matters, that’s all. When you’re drowned inside that tidal wave of overhead names, like the hell it matters whether your banner gives 90 or 170 toughness.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

they fixed vision of the mist finally and seems ele and mesmer didn t get nerfs.

Well mesmer had TW nerf but i don t care that much it was annoying to play against…..so i see most mesmers are not concerned….

They also added new skins…..
Unfortunately no new dungeons/fractals….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

I liked new instances, could have been a little more challenging and less redundant though, overall happy about update
Some people are forgetting that this is basically a free content.

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

soo been useing my quickness abuilty for some time now in WVW still totaly worth having

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

There are things ANet changed / added that I don’t like. There are changes I’m tolerating. (Most of these have already been discusssed in this thread and others.)

There are decisions they’ve made that I don’t support and never will. And a few that I don’t understand (obligatory call for marketing – segmentation research.)

This is normal for an MMO. What’s not normal is the fact that ANet has been slowly alienating me with every patch they release; it has only been 7 months. Other games took over a year or a few years to get to that point. ANet has the right to make decisions/changes/additions as they see fit (including those purely for business reasons.)

I can complain about it. I can try and give feedback in the hope it gets heard. I can accept, tolerate or vote with my wallet or my feet.

Overall, I am mostly ok with the game, although unhappy with some (not all) parts of this patch. I am happy to be playing here with my guild as long as they are generally satisfied with the game.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: Linnes.2678

Linnes.2678

First of all I’d like to say that this update was not bad, nor was it good. However I am very disappointed in some of the balancing issues that Arena Net has decided to go with. No this is not a “shout out at the devs,” but some simple afterthoughts that we as players have a right to question.

Nerfing quickness, learn your game:
After this update, Arena Net officials stated this:
“As we push to improve balance in both PvE and PvP, a few mechanics in the game will be receiving updates to promote fun and balanced play. "

Now, I don’t know why you continue to think that sPvP and PvE, even WvW are the same style of play.
You should have learned from the original Guild Wars that this kind of well, crap, doesn’t fly by the players. There was absolutely no reason to nerf quickness in PvE. This seriously hurts a lot of classes, namely rangers, who for DPS builds relied heavily on the pet-swap quickness and Quickening Zephyr. I appreciate the increased damage and reduced cooldowns on the Greatsword Skillset, but overall quickness did not need a nerf, there were checks and balances to cover this (not being able to heal, taking double damage, etc). I am also sure a lot of mesmer players are well… more than upset at their only useful PvE elite being hit. Now I am saying this as both a PvE and PvP player, I think quickness as a whole DID need a nerf for PvP, but please in the future, learn from your past experiences, keep what we want separate.

Another thing I am personally upset about, and literally every other Engineer I’ve spoken to was the complete demolishing of the Kit Refinement trait. You literally spat at engineers with this. Elixir Gun DID NOT need a “nerf” and it hurt group support engineers a lot for PvE. The Med Kit’s refinement did need work, and you basically changed it into something worse than what it was before. Flamethrower Kit was perfectly balanced, and now it’s just… “meh.” Bomb kit lost all of it’s damage potential now, etc. Also, I’m going to be the one to tell you this but… turrets are still useless. The increased damage, reduced cd’s, etc. mean nothing when they STILL (even when spec’d) get one-shotted by most dungeon mobs.

I am going to give you guys a thumbs up on warrior banners, they were decent before, but now they’re great.

Next of all I’m going to be addressing the new items you have put in:
Firstly, I absolutely love the new guild weapons, I think they’re well-designed and I appreciate the fact that they’re exotics and not rares (now I just wish you’d make the cultural armor exotic).

The “Fused” weapon series, albeit cliché is nicely designed. However the means of getting them are a bit absurd. I have heard of people dropping $30+ on keys and still not obtaining them. I feel like this is just another money grab by NCsoft’s 15% Nexon stock to make money, and many players feel the same way. If you wanted to introduce more weapons you should have made the affordable for everyone, possibly putting them in the Gem Store for oh, 600-800 Gems. I think that would have been the smarter alternative.

I appreciate the random chances of adding in the unbreakable gathering tools into the Black Lion Chests, and from what I understand their rates aren’t TOO bad. I just wish they had been tradeable like other endless (barring the tonics, that I have, and seriously would rather take the 100g+ over it) items from the Black Lion Chests. That being said, nothing really to complain about overall for these.

Living Story is still well, boring. I know you claimed that some “huge event” was coming, and I really hope it does soon, because people are getting annoyed, not excited, over these little snippets. I also am hoping that you are releasing new armor along with this event, we’re getting pretty bored here with your current sets, it’s been half a year, release some new content, hell even Skyrim has DLC.

Next, titles:
Revert them back, it’s annoying and it clutters the map with common titles that literally no one cares about. Also, they just look bad under the character.

I am pretty excited for this April 1st update, I really wanna try and get the Super Shield, looks pretty nice, and I hope it’s not an RNG grind to get it either.

Anyways, that’s about all I have to say about this update. I really do question a lot of the decision making that goes on at Arena Net, and that you really should do player-based surveys like NCsoft does with Aion to see what players want, but overall I’m not “overly” upset with this update. I still think Kit Refinement and Quickness should be reverted though, that was a dumb move.

Linnes- 80 RNG, Linnes the Lucky- 80 ENG, Linnes the Silver- 80 GRD, Linnes the Gold- 80 WAR

(edited by Linnes.2678)

Posted by: Rvb.8297

Rvb.8297

What’s wrong with anet, nerfing ranger. Lets just delete the class, its worse then every other class in both pve and pvp…
Quickness was the only way for rangers to get close to the damage-output of other classes. Lets nerf it. The swapping resetting petskills was the only good thing about pets. Lets nerf it. Anet always seems to find the worst way to balance stuff, nerf 100b or time warp by changing dmg or duration would have been a better solution.

funny thing: check mesmer and ranger traits on regeneration at 75% health (5s for ranger 10 for mesmer,both adept and minor traits and both 30s cd), or necro and ranger traits on might gain by using signets: necro 3 stacks for 10s, ranger 1 stack for 5 s… really Anet?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m enjoying the new patch. Love the new skins – a great alternative to legendaries and love the viewable titles. Playing a banner Warrior, I have obvious bias towards the changes there too
I also like the challenge in some of the new mobs. I still have some reservations on Guild Missions, but Ive said my piece on that.

Overall, great stuff imo

Posted by: Jedge.3619

Jedge.3619

The prestige (mesmer skill) also seems to have been indirectly hit with the stealth reveal timer. When you get out of the prestige, the finisher counts as an attack. Not sure if this was intended to stop players from chaining stealth. When you’re trying to run away and you hit a mob and can’t re-stealth for 4 seconds. I can understand if you use a skill within the prestige and then it takes you out, but the finisher shouldn’t.

I’m not sure if any other classes are affected by this but it is rather annoying. It is a good idea in theory but I think they should take a look at what it actually affected. I haven’t tested the thief combos yet, but I will do so later.

What a Churlundalo

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

To me, the Living Story addition was underwhelming. I thought the rewards at the end were basically useless and the instances felt really repetitive. The norn Braham seemed particularly lame and unbelievable. It seemed like such a cliche – we need something epic, so let’s pull out the old “Someone important has a long lost completely unknown adult love child that looks older than his/her parent.”

Even so, it was a free content update and a little something extra to do.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Good patch!

I enjoyed the Hatchery dungeon (haven’t tried the other one yet), WvW is frikken EPIC now that I can see all the players and blown away by all the new weapon models. Good job

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Anet anet anet…

Ok, to be fair, the update is generally not too bad. A lot of fixes to a lot of things in need of fixing. Better late than never, so well done there. Nice things added to the gem store (BL chests), so again, a (small) step in the right direction. So, generally a flowery garden full of rainbow unicorns basking in the light of your brilliance.

Except. It isn’t.
There are a lot of things that makes you look like you are trying your best to kitten people off. I’ll list but a few…

Timewarp nerf (quickness in general, I know, but specifically TW), finally, just as I found a non-braindead class that people actually want in dungeon groups. Yeah, obviously it was overpowered (bla-bla) but maybe a (even slight) reduction in recharge would have removed the bile taste I have in my mouth right now.
But, whatever. Mesmers are still fun in WvW but we’ll get to that later.

Warriors needed another buff, that was obvious from looking at gw2lfg. I guess I’ll use my mesmer for wvw only and dust off that warrior in preparation for the “<enter dungeon name here if you are clever> multi run – 5 shout/banner zerker war – ping gear on entry or kick $$$$” groups that you seem to love. It is the last way for anyone to make some gold that you still tolerate so for that we are thankful – and excited to play the way you want us to play.

Wariors, lol.
Whats that? Oh, you are trying to make warriors not suck in WvW?
It’s not working.
Really. Just split the skills or stop trying. If not, why not just remove all non-warrior classes from PvE and call it a day? After all, its easier to delete code than to actually write working code.

Thanks for the nerf to Maw. I’m looking forward to subtle step-by-step nerfs in coming updates to all areas of the game (apart from CoF and Warriors, ofc).

Lastly, the circle zerking in WvW is awesome! Seems avoiding the enemy at all cost is a much more lucrative way to obtain WXP. Well thought out. I never saw this one coming so thanks for the nice surprise.
Who am I kidding? WXP doesnt mean anything to anyone so this will pass, right. Right?

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Not good for engineers. Nerfed their most powerful build (which wasn’t that powerful anyway); nerfed many less common builds; buffed underpowered aspects to still be underpowered. Expect less diversity in engineers as more move to pistol/elixir/condition builds. There may be a few more turrets around, but expect the numbers to remain very low.

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

As usual, Anet made a POOR skill update. random touched somes skills, randomly forget others.. etc..

quikness 50% cool, but, the mesmer elite is BAD now, you should have decrease the reload.

Anyway, Anet do a very very very very bad job for the trait / skill update. when basicly the class / skill should be the center of all attention.

that’s really pathetic.
Nothing else to say.

really desapointing. You should be ashamed.

But yeah, when its about getting more money with the gem stuff, dont worry, they work !

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single skill patch in any MMO where there weren’t complaints.

Though idk why my warrior needs a buff…

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Business as usual for Anet, nerf the game until it reeks!

Posted by: Metahari.1286

Metahari.1286

I wish I could see the new stuff, my mac client crashes over and over before I can get in to play. Hoping for a quick patch sometime soon.

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Not good for engineers. Nerfed their most powerful build (which wasn’t that powerful anyway); nerfed many less common builds; buffed underpowered aspects to still be underpowered. Expect less diversity in engineers as more move to pistol/elixir/condition builds. There may be a few more turrets around, but expect the numbers to remain very low.

Very low indeed! I can’t help but wonder why!

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

no change to guild missions. i guess the mods didn’t notice all the hate on the forums… maybe they are all blind. who knows.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

Haste effects getting lengthened to offset the speed nerf but not Zealot’s Fervor makes me feel extremely disgruntled.

Boring boring boring boring boring

Posted by: Icealen.3802

Icealen.3802

Isn’t it a little premature to be offering “opinions” on the first day of a patch? I mean, how in the world anyone could have insight into whether it’s better/worse, etc., on day one is beyond me.

That’s kind of like voting in the President on Tuesday morning and then on Tuesday evening saying “Well, now that President Obama’s been in office for 12 hours or so, what are your thoughts on how he’s doing”. Kinda silly, isn’t it? Ya, I think so too.

Posted by: Linnes.2678

Linnes.2678

Isn’t it a little premature to be offering “opinions” on the first day of a patch? I mean, how in the world anyone could have insight into whether it’s better/worse, etc., on day one is beyond me.

That’s kind of like voting in the President on Tuesday morning and then on Tuesday evening saying “Well, now that President Obama’s been in office for 12 hours or so, what are your thoughts on how he’s doing”. Kinda silly, isn’t it? Ya, I think so too.

No, a lot of the choices were just plain bad.

Linnes- 80 RNG, Linnes the Lucky- 80 ENG, Linnes the Silver- 80 GRD, Linnes the Gold- 80 WAR

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Except for the part where nerfs in an MMO video game are immediately apparent, while pushing forward government policies takes months if not years, yes, they are totally exactly the same thing.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Haste effects getting lengthened to offset the speed nerf but not Zealot’s Fervor makes me feel extremely disgruntled.

Boring boring boring boring boring

How is making you have to use more ability to deal with things boring? If any thing the nerf makes you need to think more then hit 3 to 4 buttons to kill some one. Now you got to fight vs just being able to burst and execute them in about 1 sec so there was no true counter beyond reacting before they go off.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

You nerf Rangers, give the necromancer toilet bowl sounds whenever they staff auto attack, try to add more trash to the pile of waste you call Black Lion Chests, and BUFF WARRIORS?

Why on earth would you buff warriors? Please explain to me how they are not clearing CoF p1 fast enough with their banners! You know Anet, it would be great if you at least tried to help the other classes, in stead of just letting warriors dominate everything by a huge margin. We other classes have it hard enough as it is, it’s already hard playing a difficult UP class, but when the gaming company that made the class shows it no love and lets it fall behind this drastically? Its a slap in the face.

On top of that, you didn’t alter CoF. At all. Are you trying to tell us that p1 farming is intended? That these elitist all zerkers all warriors groups are okay? I’m sorry, but I’m sick of feeling like I have to play warrior to get the full extent of this game. I mean really, why are engi’s, necro’s, and rangers allowed to fall behind so much? (I don’t have an issue with Elem’s, Guardians, and Mesmers. They don’t crank out near the numbers warriors do and still bring other things to the table with less bugs.)

TLDR; Did you ever think trying to get every class to be able to do everything may turn on you? Don’t you see an issue to heavy armor plus bigger damage than the highest dps elem? Fix Warriors and balance all classes relative to each other. Also fix CoF farming

Posted by: Supreme.7352

Supreme.7352

lol buff warriors.

Play PvP with warriors some time and tell me how buffed they are.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

3.2.1. before whining/l2p/switch to other games replies.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Warrior still utter trash compared to all other classes in sPVP*.

*This is the single most important aspect of balancing a class.

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

lol buff warriors.

Play PvP with warriors some time and tell me how buffed they are.

PvP and PvE are two seperate entities. I’m more concerned with the stupid elitist farm fests going on at CoF with them and how they dominate PvE compared to all other races.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Warriors were pretty much nerfed to oblivion in pvp with this patch due to the quickness nerf. Rangers relied on quickness too, but they got meaningful buffs to compensate.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Warrior still utter trash compared to all other classes in sPVP*.

*This is the single most important aspect of balancing a class.

What do u mean most important? Don’t you mean only?

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Vague.1602

Vague.1602

Way to try and destroy the game… Nerf rangers more because we needed that, being so OP and all.. AR to pets – about time, but they still die in 5 secs so it doesn’t matter anyway. Killed engie’s as a class, yup didn’t want them in the game either.. So, so happy….

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

Warriors may be the strongest in PvE and they buffed something no warriors cared to get buffed, but play a warrior in PvP and you might delete your own post. In WvW warriors are average, and have strong points and weak points.

If warriors ever get a “real” buff, Ill let you know, cause its been tooltip and random buffs for builds and traits/skills that barely any warriors ever used (in the past 7 months). Not to mention we are still the only class without a “real” viable bunker spec.

Posted by: Jackrabbit.2079

Jackrabbit.2079

I like everything about the patch EXCEPT the titles. They make the game look so cheap and you can’t read any names when they are grouped up in WvWvW.

OOOH! I almost forgot but no culling is AMAZING, I haven’t died to a solo roaming thief all day.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

sPvP warriors are considered the worst class. Everywhere else they are considered one of the best.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

When is the next patch?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

pvp needs balance. pve does not. u fight NPC monsters in pve. why does that need balance

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I’m just going to cover quickness at the moment. However it really feels like the overall nerf to quickness was done because of time warp and the CoF farm. So that they could prevent the easy grinding of money and gear. This would nerf ectoplasm gain as well from CoF token exchanges.

This would make it so you have to play the game longer for things such as the legendary weapons. This in my opinion is a very rotten thing to do and is slowing pushing the game toward that like a second job mark if you ever hope to be relevant for content before it is pushed aside for new content.

The PvP change excuse really doesn’t really fly as the Anet team has shown they have the power and know how to make skills act differently in a PvP setting over a PvE setting. Which could have been done for the few skills that were truly broken in PvP.

Also Time Warp as a skill could have been changed so that other classes such as the Ranger which -DEPENDED- on quickness to be relevant as a DPS CLASS at ALL. Would have not have had a LARGE CHUNK of their dps ripped away from them! People already didn’t want many classes like the Ranger over others and now with this nerf…. The warrior pulls even further ahead for really bad reasons.

Way to either be selfish or not be thinking things through Anet. Way to go. =/

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

pvp needs balance. pve does not. u fight NPC monsters in pve. why does that need balance

Do you want to end up One-Hit-KO’d by a boss if you’re a warrior?

Do you want to One-Hit-KO a boss if you’re an engineer?

This is why it needs balance.

Posted by: Xelatoth.1826

Xelatoth.1826

What is everyones thoughts? So far I’ve noticed that the frequency of maw has went downhill, which is not a good sign, and so far the living story has less to be desired. It’s just not drawing me into the story.

Also, wondering when Orr will be reinstated as farming territory, now that there is WVW and living story the PVE should be re inverted for people who actually play the game for items and crafting items. Thoughts?

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

Still no crystalline dust fix? sigh

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

Ranger which -DEPENDED- on quickness to be relevant as a DPS CLASS at ALL. Would have not have had a LARGE CHUNK of their dps ripped away from them!

These forums are home to some of the most extreme hyperbole I’ve ever seen. You’re hardly losing any DPS by this change. You lose more DPS from swapping to a melee pet and having it have to run to the target than you lose from the 50% reduction in attack speed for two seconds. As for the utility QZ, everyone got hit by the same nerf, so you’ll just have to make do.

(edited by Pinch.4273)

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Ranger which -DEPENDED- on quickness to be relevant as a DPS CLASS at ALL. Would have not have had a LARGE CHUNK of their dps ripped away from them!

These forums are home to some of the most extreme hyperbole I’ve ever seen. You’re hardly losing any DPS by this change. You lose more DPS from swapping to a melee pet and having it have to run to the target than you lose from the 50% reduction in attack speed for two seconds. As for the utility QZ, everyone got hit by the same nerf, so you’ll just have to make do.

Your comment made me facepalm so hard. Seriously it did.