Thoughts on the March 26th Patch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Ranger which -DEPENDED- on quickness to be relevant as a DPS CLASS at ALL. Would have not have had a LARGE CHUNK of their dps ripped away from them!

These forums are home to some of the most extreme hyperbole I’ve ever seen. You’re hardly losing any DPS by this change. You lose more DPS from swapping to a melee pet and having it have to run to the target than you lose from the 50% reduction in attack speed for two seconds. As for the utility QZ, everyone got hit by the same nerf, so you’ll just have to make do.

Unless you’re a ranger using melee weapons, or your pet is down.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

haha “buff” warrior.

hehehehe, can’t do anything else but laughing here.

tell me how banners can improve warriors in everything other them cof farming
tell me how banners can make up for 50% frenzy speed lost.
tell me how banners can protect warriors while they are using -50% speed frenzy with still 50%+ damage taken
tell me how banners can’t benefits everyone in the group
tell me anything
k bye

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

Posted by: robert.3475

robert.3475

well pv kitten till one big mass of zerg infested dps spammers of about 30 .no healing no tanks just mass on top of each other spamming dps no skill in this pvp system are fun

Posted by: robert.3475

robert.3475

well pvp was what i meant

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Quick Short Death To The Ranger Class.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Posted by: merlessence.1876

merlessence.1876

My thoughts are I really hate it

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I feel like this is the april fool’s patch.. they’ll reveal the real March patch on April 1.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Seriously a warrior quickness nerf that matters mainly in pvp and wvw (killing their one viable build that was good and fun), but a buff to banners which matters mainly for pve. This has to be A-net trolling. Warrior was already laughably bad in everything besides pve. Now he’ll he’s just a literal joke.

looks like their decisions r made by rolling a dice

Just replace “DCI” with “Anet”

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Pinch.4273

Pinch.4273

Your comment made me facepalm so hard. Seriously it did.

What is your definition of “huge”, in a percentage value?

Unless you’re a ranger using melee weapons, or your pet is down.

If you’re using melee weapons, you are collateral damage, sorry, but you’re still not losing as much damage as KorKor is seemingly implying (unless he has a different definition of “huge” than me). If your pet is dead, you were already losing tons of DPS and that has nothing to do with the QZ change.

(edited by Pinch.4273)

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

- Thief Revealed nerf…drastically reduced melee damage output. Again, something meant for WvW players but PvE players suffer for it.

To be clear, the revealed debuff nerf was not a change for WvW. I’ve been playing WvW all day and the nerf to the revealed debuff has not affected me at all. You simply have to spend too much initiative on gap closers and burst damage to be able to spare 12(10) initiative inside of 4 seconds for a double stealth – not to even get into the chaos that tends to prevent clean rotations in the first place.

The revealed nerf was, um, well…as best I can tell, they were talking about making some good changes that would curb abuses, but they waffled on them at the last moment and just threw a random nerf in instead without thinking about it or testing it. If there really was some sort of balance problem being addressed by this nerf I’d love to know what it is, because no one I’ve spoken to seems to have any clue.

Ensign.2189

Nearly all the profession forums are complaining about nerfs atm….was any class actually happy with this patch?

Guardians received some minor tweaks / buffs and generally came out of it unscathed. They were buffed immensely in PvP by extension.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I’m just going to cover quickness at the moment. However it really feels like the overall nerf to quickness was done because of time warp and the CoF farm. So that they could prevent the easy grinding of money and gear. This would nerf ectoplasm gain as well from CoF token exchanges.

This would make it so you have to play the game longer for things such as the legendary weapons. This in my opinion is a very rotten thing to do and is slowing pushing the game toward that like a second job mark if you ever hope to be relevant for content before it is pushed aside for new content.

The PvP change excuse really doesn’t really fly as the Anet team has shown they have the power and know how to make skills act differently in a PvP setting over a PvE setting. Which could have been done for the few skills that were truly broken in PvP.

Also Time Warp as a skill could have been changed so that other classes such as the Ranger which -DEPENDED- on quickness to be relevant as a DPS CLASS at ALL. Would have not have had a LARGE CHUNK of their dps ripped away from them! People already didn’t want many classes like the Ranger over others and now with this nerf…. The warrior pulls even further ahead for really bad reasons.

Way to either be selfish or not be thinking things through Anet. Way to go. =/

It was more about ppl able to kill some one and execute them before they could react. At the same time it was about having 5 ppl kill bosses any boss (well more then CoF boss) in 5 or so sec.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Ensign.2189

…But, perhaps more significantly they have nerfed one successful dungeon team: anchor guardian, berserker warrior, and mesmer…There will be some who see this as a step in the direction of team diversity.

Pre-patch I thought the strongest team in PvE was something like 3 Warriors, a Guardian, and a Mesmer; 2 Warriors, 2 Guardians, and a Mesmer for harder content.

Post-patch, I believe the strongest team is 3 Warriors and 2 Guardians.

Good job?

Substance E.4852

…But, perhaps more significantly they have nerfed one successful dungeon team: anchor guardian, berserker warrior, and mesmer…There will be some who see this as a step in the direction of team diversity.

Pre-patch I thought the strongest team in PvE was something like 3 Warriors, a Guardian, and a Mesmer; 2 Warriors, 2 Guardians, and a Mesmer for harder content.

Post-patch, I believe the strongest team is 3 Warriors and 2 Guardians.

Good job?

Considering that’s all Anet wants anyone to play? Ya, mission accomplished. Roll out the banner…

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

If you’re using melee weapons, you are collateral damage, sorry, but you’re still not losing as much damage as KorKor is seemingly implying (unless he has a different definition of “huge” than me). If your pet is dead, you were already losing tons of DPS and that has nothing to do with the QZ change.

I agree that the actual loss of DPS may not be as great as some people seem to think, but this depends on which seconds of the “damage per second” you look at. For damage overall, the loss is rather small. But for spike damage (meaning looking at only those seconds that really count, for example when you are fighting an opponent in wvw) the loss is quite big.

Also, if you keep getting confronted with your class being regarded as undesirable/useless (like you can see below, in an example of me joining a fractal group today) you tend to get a little sensitive.

Attachments:

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

The two hours of pve content done; they probably shouldn’t push the living story as the flagship content if that was a ramping up of the last 2 months.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’ll be honest Shikigami, the quickness change, while being damaging to some Ranger builds, isn’t that much of a horrible blow to all the builds. As a trap ranger, quickness did absolutely nothing for me, since all my damage comes from condition damage. The only time I really get quickness is if there’s a mesmer nearby, at which point the bleed is usually capped at 25 anyway due to several other bleed inducing classes being nearby.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Shikigami.4013

[…]As a trap ranger, quickness did absolutely nothing for me, since all my damage comes from condition damage.

Well, it is not surprising that builds which do not utilize quickness are not really affected. I don’t think anyone claimed that all rangers were hurt a lot by it.
(That doesn’t make it any better for those who are affected though)

People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me

Ensign.2189

The Ranger is the worst class in the game in PvE by a wide margin. Its niche is bot farming, particularly underwater bot farming. It has no place in dungeons or in any sort of organized PvE activity.

The performance gap between the Ranger and the Warrior (the strongest class in PvE) is larger after this patch than it was before it. There is less reason to take a Ranger now than there was a day ago.

I find that pretty remarkable, and find it remarkable it has been that way for several patches now. Don’t you?

Posted by: Linnes.2678

Linnes.2678

I’m mostly mad about the changes to kit refinement and the addition of a 20 second global cooldown on it. This effectively shut down dual-kit engineers.

Also, what I’m FURIOUS about is the kittening fact that they added a 3 second coold-down in between tonic uses, so now it takes me 5 minutes on my everlasting tonic just to get the form I want.

Linnes- 80 RNG, Linnes the Lucky- 80 ENG, Linnes the Silver- 80 GRD, Linnes the Gold- 80 WAR

Posted by: spellchekc.5409

spellchekc.5409

My thoughts on the patch are:

I would really like for a developer (or multiple) to openly talk about where they want to get the ranger, and what they think is a reasonable timeframe for getting the profession to that place.

Rangers got hit in the feels with this general mechanic change, and even though many will still lash out towards the devs response, I think we can all agree that trapping us for one-to-X-months in what is a very clear transitory state (and is sub par), merits some incentive to continue to play the profession. Right now players are frustrated and without direction. Giving us a picture of what the overall plan is will at least let us know if we need to re-roll or stick with the profession. All the major topics have been yelled to death in the forums. I’m saying this just as a matter of fact: let your customers know now where things are headed so that we dont have the scenario where X time is invested in something that is just going to be overly frustrating.

I would prefer to play my ranger, but I’m playing my guardian. I would prefer to play my ranger. I know I’m not alone in this.

Maybe a mod can politely nudge a dev and ask them politely if they are willing to talk with (or even AT) us?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The two hours of pve content done; they probably shouldn’t push the living story as the flagship content if that was a ramping up of the last 2 months.

More then like they will be adding in more parts to this as the month goes on they know we like to binge on new content so they must spread out content. I would love a new game ever month too a new level 1-80 person story but that not going to happen at let not for free even for a cost i think they would be hard press to pull that off.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Linnes.2678

Can I just say that Arena Net hates any class that doesn’t wear Heavy Armor at this point?

Linnes- 80 RNG, Linnes the Lucky- 80 ENG, Linnes the Silver- 80 GRD, Linnes the Gold- 80 WAR

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Can I just say that Arena Net hates any class that doesn’t wear Heavy Armor at this point?

Except for eles. Apparently.

Substance E.4852

Aren’t they still supposed to be nerfing AoE damage at some point here or did they sweep that under the rug?

Linnes.2678

Aren’t they still supposed to be nerfing AoE damage at some point here or did they sweep that under the rug?

Welp, I had forgotten all about that, yup, they literally hate anything that’s not a Guardian or Warrior.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Welp, I had forgotten all about that, yup, they literally hate anything that’s not a Guardian or Warrior.

Yea, those thieves, eles, and mesmers suck.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Enjoying the wvww changes. Everything else is fine.

Shikigami.4013

[…]they literally hate anything that’s not a Guardian or Warrior.

They are not alone. I just took 10 minutes time to browse all LFG entries on gw2lfg.com for NA territory and check for all entries that asked for specific classes. This is what I came up with:

Classes explicitly being asked for, across all entries for all dungeons:

Mesmer: 5 times
Guardian: 8 times
Warrior: 20 times

No other class was asked for (and about half the entries for warriors specifically asked for zerker gear).

This either means that there are a lot less people playing mesmers, warriors and guardians, making them really hard to find – or it could mean that those classes are way better for groups than other classes, and class balance needs some more work.

I think a vast majority will agree with the latter.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

They are not alone. I just took 10 minutes time to browse all LFG entries on gw2lfg.com for NA territory and check for all entries that asked for specific classes. This is what I came up with:

No other class was asked for (and about half the entries for warriors specifically asked for zerker gear).

This either means that there are a lot less people playing mesmers, warriors and guardians, making them really hard to find – or it could mean that those classes are way better for groups than other classes, and class balance needs some more work.

umm…in all fairness, a VERY significant portion of those LFGs are for people doing CoF Path 1 speed farming.

Remove those and tell me what you get…

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Substance E.4852

Nah, the vast majority will stick their heads up their kitten and point out that there is no problem because they can do dungeons on their Ranger, engineer and Necro just fine while completely forgetting that people actually care about getting kitten done in a timely manner.

Shikigami.4013

[…]a VERY significant portion of those LFGs are for people doing CoF Path 1 speed farming.

There is no reason to remove them. CoF1 seems to be the most time-effective dungeonpath, so people are doing it. If CoF1 did not exist, people would probably look for warriors for CoF2 instead. If they deleted the whole CoF from the game, people would not stop looking for warriors. They would figure out the next best dungeon/path and then look for warriors for that one.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

WvW feels like you’re walking through thick goo just going, well, anywhere. Skills don’t activate. On the whole, a rather poor experience and one I wont be repeating anytime again. I don’t think the game was worth the money I paid for it, maybe 1/2.

OP asked for thoughts on GW2 after patch? I used to play daily. Now… I think I’ll just leave it for once or twice on a weekend if their isn’t anything better going anywhere.

Edit: and Anet can forget about the credit card/Paypal coming out for any backpack/style/whatever. They use the money on advertising to promise the moon and deliver a rock.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

(edited by Scoundrel.2139)

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I’m very happy with the Living Story additions, this patch.

Posted by: Tenoh.2305

Tenoh.2305

I hate anet for nerfing engi. i never asked for more turret damage! skrew that but they make turrets expire! FK u anet! fk u!

kitten you anet! I hate you!

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

[…]a VERY significant portion of those LFGs are for people doing CoF Path 1 speed farming.

There is no reason to remove them. CoF1 seems to be the most time-effective dungeonpath, so people are doing it. If CoF1 did not exist, people would probably look for warriors for CoF2 instead. If they deleted the whole CoF from the game, people would not stop looking for warriors. They would figure out the next best dungeon/path and then look for warriors for that one.

I have to agree.

Taking the dungeon path out of the equation wouldn’t suddenly make the other classes any more viable.

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I gotta say that I had extremely low expectations for this patch given ArenaNets patch history. I was still surprised at how incredibly lackluster it was. I mean the incredibly shallow and near pointless WvW “progression” system is not much of a WvW patch. I guess I was hoping they would add some actual depth and strategy to WvW but instead they just keep reinforcing the mindless zerg mentality. No Ascended available in WvW, in fact no new ways of obtaining ascended.

The class changes as always are 1 step forward and 3 steps back, making everyone wonder if ArenaNet even plays the game. Warriors getting buffed in PvE? Seriously? The blanket quickness nerf while needed in some cases has left rangers even worse off than they were. If you’re going to nerf something like that then you need to compensate elsewhere. They backpedaled on a thief nerf that was absolutely needed. Engineers, well just go read their forums.

I think we can call it, ArenaNet is officially the worst MMO developer for class balance and patching. Every major GW2 patch since launch has been failure after failure. The karka debacle, Ascended gear, laurels, guild missions, and now this. It honestly amazes me how each patch they take ideas that should be solid additions and completely mangle them. Where did the manifesto and pre-launch devs go?

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Wow so many replies already

I skimmed through some but I can’t be bothered to read ALL, so just to put my two cents worth, and sorry if I’m repeating:

1. Quickness nerf. Some people say it’s a stealth nerf (anyone clarify?), I don’t know, but regardless, my opinion on stealth nerf is bad ethics on part of devs because these kind of things should be announced and not left quietly for players to find out when theyre doing runs or such. but for the actual changes itself, I’m feeling a little let down as I’ve been aggressively levelling a new (melee) ranger toon, who happen to use quickness. Here’s hoping some other aspect of the class will even out this matter.

2. Living Story: Finally a “add-on patch” that I quite enjoy. I did it in a party of 3 (yes i know you can solo but playing together is always more fun ) and it was entertaining. I’m a bit confused as to Rox’s eyes as some people are, but I don’t find it too big an issue (hehe :p ). Braham has cool design and for once I like a norn npc over a char. (I always liked norn as a race, based on the idea and what devs wrote early on about the race, but I always find npc charr or asura to be more interesting, and norn npc always felt more.. flat.. a number of em anyways.)

3. WvW upgrades, havent really done it yet, just followed a zerg for less than an hour but on paper the new concept looks good.

4. WEapon skins (design): I saw some skins on websites, guild ones and molten ones as well as those super pvp ones. Most look cook, molten ones are like improved CoF designs, a bit better but still not my taste. My personal annoyance is greatswords as I’m not a fan at all of big wide, slab-like, Final fantasy-ish square greatswords. Or even most oversized blade ones. Kymswarden and AC greatsword are my favourites so I’m still a little let down at not having more of such greatswords.

5. Weapon skin (acquisition). specifically on the molten skins from BLC. another RNG thing. Really? I despise RNG, to be quite blunt and honest. Maybe because lady luck seems to reaaallly have an issue against me. I hate grind as well, but I’d rather grind something 100 times over and know im making tangible, observable progress towards a goal rather than contantly letting luck be a factor. Not that I am advocating grinds, merely to show how much more contempt I have for RNG/luck based stuff (looking at u as well, mystic toil… err.. forge..). I am just not THAT lucky. :p

Posted by: Void.4205

Void.4205

New annoyances that should be fixed:

Give us the ability to turn on and off titles, I don’t like so much text cluttering my screen.

When player models load they first appear with a name tag, and then the model loads, if the model is say an asuran since they are small the name-tag/title bounces and looks very tacky and unpolished. Models tend to snap into view which hinders immersion.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Just to make it clear to everyone what the quickness nerf means in PVE.

If you killed a foe in 30 secs before using quickness, you will now kill the same foe in under 1 minute instead…

The quickness nerf basically slows play down…by slowing play down this reduces the loot you get from monster drops by just under half…

So when using quickness a hours play before the patch, needs 1 hr 45min play now to achieve the same effect…

Anet’s defination of trivialising content is your killing stuff too fast…

Posted by: zeynepoyku.1543

zeynepoyku.1543

Come on… I’m not convinced they play the same game or they cater only to the classes they themselves play.

Yep, somebody loves their heavy armor for sure. I play ranger since the launch of the mac beta (which by the way is still a beta after all these months) and I would say I’m a pretty good player now. I play in endgame content and I have to really try hard to do good dmg and survive with my ranger (longbow berserker build). I have to play very very well do be any use to the party at all.

But say, I take one of my other characters to play. I can lie back, have my coffee, don’t think so much about it, to be useful in the same level. Or I can put the effort play well in that character as well, I can be dominating.

What I’m saying is, as a person who insisted to use ranger in basically every situation in the game despite everything, we suck. We are useless. There is nothing whatsoever that makes ranger special. You never say, ‘Hey we really need a ranger for this particular strategy’. Warriors can use longbow, they can also use rifle which we don’t have. They can also have a very long range and they do ten times the damage all the while having much higher survivability. Elementalists are much more useful for ranged combat than ranger.

Despite this I’m patiently waiting for the classes to be balanced, not giving up on my ranger (and my mantra mesmer btw which is also useless). And we get nerfed instead. Why would you nerf the weakest class? Why would you buff the strongest? It makes no sense.

And the pet which was more a source of a headache then any use in endgame also gets nerfed, we can’t use the pet skill again after swap. That’s no problem because I think I’ll just ignore pet from now on. They die in 3 seconds (from aoe in dungeons) anyway and cause a lot of problems, they can’t be controlled well. I relied on quickness for burst damage and this was basically the only use for my longbow which is supposed to be the staple of a ranger.

I think that in every game there is people will create a ruckus and complain with every new patch, every new option the developer makes. This is not a case of that. This is really about the classes being seriously out of balance but the developers ignore, yes I also think so, the classes they don’t play. Ranger is so vulnerable and even as a glass cannon does little dmg compared to a heavy class or ele. I was really hoping for a buff on our survivability or longbow dmg.

I will still not give up on my ranger and no matter how weak my class is I’ll try to work and get the most out of it. Luckily for me I only do dungeons with my friends and guildies so nobody will complain. Not so lucky those who play with pugs and get regarded as useless in dungeons.

Posted by: Radamanth.9048

Radamanth.9048

If you killed a foe in 30 secs before using quickness, you will now kill the same foe in under 1 minute instead…

The quickness nerf basically slows play down…by slowing play down this reduces the loot you get from monster drops by just under half…

So when using quickness a hours play before the patch, needs 1 hr 45min play now to achieve the same effect…

you have a quickness uptime of 100%?

srsly, this threat shows once again that forums shouldnt be taken seriously. what total bullkitten some of you are posting is beyond ridiculous.

and just to clarify: warriors got hit way harder with the quickness nerf than rangers, so you can stop whining about warr buffs and ranger nerfs …

zeynepoyku.1543

And as a ranger, relying on killing ‘too’ fast can be your only strategy to survive while doing acceptable dmg.

In PvE maps it’s not a problem but in dungeons and boss fights (not talking about cof p1 farming here). Let’s face it, mesmer’s quickness make it slightly more bearable. Most bosses in this game just have a ton lot of hp with little or no strategic play to it. It’s boring, mindless dodging and spamming your dps skills. It’s not fun, it’s not challenging, it just takes a very long time. I better put my character on auto attack here and go in to have a coffee…

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

srsly, this threat shows once again that forums shouldnt be taken seriously. what total bullkitten some of you are posting is beyond ridiculous.

and just to clarify: warriors got hit way harder with the quickness nerf than rangers, so you can stop whining about warr buffs and ranger nerfs …

Obviously you don’t have quickness up a 100% of the time, my point refers to only when you would have quickness up, I was kinda hoping anyone reading this would have sufficent brain cells to understand that…

Your kill rate when quickness is on cooldown is the same as pre patch…happy now?

zeynepoyku.1543

Just try playing ranger in lvl 40+ fractals say, in the shaman boss. Try to do decent dmg as well as surviving of course, doing no dmg and surviving doesn’t count.

You’re right saying that quickness is not a very very big nerf for ranger, I wanted to point out that many other areas of this class need to be reconsidered, weapons, survival skills… before giving it a nerf.

Shikigami.4013

Obviously you don’t have quickness up a 100% of the time, my point refers to only when you would have quickness up, I was kinda hoping anyone reading this would have sufficent brain cells to understand that…

Your kill rate when quickness is on cooldown is the same as pre patch…happy now?

Your math is wrong in so many regards that I wouldn’t even know where to start. I tried to, but it ended up so long that you probably would not have read it. It started with your wrong assumption that a quickness nerf by 50% would double the kill time, and did not end with you failing to take into regard that quickness is a relatively short boon (Ranger only had 4 seconds, now supposedly 5 although I already read it still is 4), has a relatively long cooldown and also only affects the execution of skills and not their cooldown. All in all, do not put up extremely stupid math examples and then accuse other people of lacking braincells.

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

Still no Hide Commander Icons from my (or anyone else’s)mini map.

Other then that the only good thing I see is the Skins we could buy from the WvW vendors to apply to our weapon(s) and armor(s).

EDIT: Nope there was another good thing about this update. They fixed the town clothes head piece.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

(edited by Torqueblue.1945)

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Devs, you have made a MAJOR mistake with the QZ nerf for Rangers!

Bite the dust, accept you made a wrong call, and make it right again!

Believe me, no one would be mad or cry for injustice if you got the QZ back only for rangers! I’m sure all the other classes would not mind Ranger having it’s old 100% QZ back.

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I’m just going to cover quickness at the moment. However it really feels like the overall nerf to quickness was done because of time warp and the CoF farm. So that they could prevent the easy grinding of money and gear. This would nerf ectoplasm gain as well from CoF token exchanges.

This would make it so you have to play the game longer for things such as the legendary weapons. This in my opinion is a very rotten thing to do and is slowing pushing the game toward that like a second job mark if you ever hope to be relevant for content before it is pushed aside for new content.

The PvP change excuse really doesn’t really fly as the Anet team has shown they have the power and know how to make skills act differently in a PvP setting over a PvE setting. Which could have been done for the few skills that were truly broken in PvP.

Also Time Warp as a skill could have been changed so that other classes such as the Ranger which -DEPENDED- on quickness to be relevant as a DPS CLASS at ALL. Would have not have had a LARGE CHUNK of their dps ripped away from them! People already didn’t want many classes like the Ranger over others and now with this nerf…. The warrior pulls even further ahead for really bad reasons.

Way to either be selfish or not be thinking things through Anet. Way to go. =/

It was more about ppl able to kill some one and execute them before they could react. At the same time it was about having 5 ppl kill bosses any boss (well more then CoF boss) in 5 or so sec.

Which they promised PvP and PvE wouldn’t overlap like that. They could have changed quickness for things like Spvp without effecting the outside PvE.

Also the 5 boss thing was pretty much always just time warp and warriors in pretty much all cases. So it was giant nerf for everyone instead of just working on the real issue which was time warp and warriors.

Which all this sucks even more because they said they wanted to buff other classes up the level of the warrior. Yet, they are more focused on bringing many classes down in trying to balance things like time warp because fixing them properly.

The nerf also failed to fix things such as the CoF spam run dead boss in seconds issues. Everyone I’ve talked to of any merit that I’ve run that spam easy run with noticed only at most a single minute difference. So while it really hurt classes like the Ranger it is a shrug off to the 4 Warrior/1 Mesmer groups. So the problem still remains because they fixed it in a dumb way.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

I realize that there is a lot of QQ over Swiftness, Rangers, Warriors, and such. This, I think, is perfectly normal for any ArenaNet skill update since 2006 in GW (don’t belive me, have a look through GWGuru).

Aside from the expected, I don’t see much more in the way of rage or disappointed fans. Therefore I’d say this patch has gone better than any previous one – fewer bugs, and definitely didn’t create new issues that further fractured the community.

I like that the new content actually has some substance. I especially like that they focused on improving the game, not feeding the gear-hungry treadmill rats. I hope they never, ever, release another piece of Ascended gear. It was such a relief not to have another gear grind added.

A bit tongue-in-cheek, I’d say that GW2 is just about to the point where we could say, “it’s ready”.

So, ArenaNet, from a longtime GW fan who’s raked you over the coals concerning some of your decisions in GW2, I’ll say, “nice job”. This is exactly what I’d have expected from a GW game update, and you’ve finally delivered. Please, keep it up, and you’ll have one more happy fan.