Tier 3 Cultural Armor - Lets reign it in

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

As it stands, the current Tier 3 Cultural armor price is extremely high. Clocking in at 119 gold for a full set, it is nigh impossible to attain this set in a reasonable time without grinding. I’ve given this a bit of thought and i can only see two logical solutions.

1: Lower the price (reasonably)

At the moment the jump from Tier 1 to Tier 2 is about 2.7x in terms of price. The jump from Tier 2 to Tier 3, however, is much larger. Around 15x the price. My solution would be to reduce the price of each piece to anywhere between 7-17 gold per piece. This would mean that the full set would cost around 70 gold. This is high enough that it would maintain exclusivity of the set but would still cut a sizable chunk of the grind and monotony out.

I have full set stag armor … will you refund me if they lower the price ?? The price is ok , it’s not hard getting money is this game … peoples just rush , wants and go right away for the high end items … if you have your Tier 3 armor and a legendary already what else is left for you in the game ?? come on the game is 4 months old ……

Just by playing the game i can make without efforts 1.5 Gold per game session (2 – 3 hours ). Now if i put little efforts and check TP .. prices .. looking for the current highest item in demand .. sell , buy .. re-list items etc … i can do like yesterday : start playing the game with 2 gold im my inventory and finish two hours and a half later with 9.5 Gold … so i made 7 Gold yesterday … not bad …

just don’t buy anything .. wear what you find .. sometimes components worth more than the item itself so salvage it and sell the components .. i do that sort of things. Others are good at this .. they analyze , watch the market closely .. check the stats but it’s not my thing ….

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Just by playing the game i can make without efforts 1.5 Gold per game session (2 – 3 hours ). Now if i put little efforts and check TP .. prices .. looking for the current highest item in demand .. sell , buy .. re-list items etc … i can do like yesterday : start playing the game with 2 gold im my inventory and finish two hours and a half later with 9.5 Gold … so i made 7 Gold yesterday … not bad …

Here is the problem – you were not playing the game, you were playing the TP – this is not Monopoly Tycoon 2. I should be able to go do a dungeon, farm DE’s, finish zone completions, WvW (yes, that is PvE…), etc and expect to earn a reasonable return of gold for the time/effort. Flipping on the TP should NOT be the only way to make a decent amount of gold – it should be a fun side activity if you like to gamble, not the central way to make in game currency…In every other MMO I have ever played over the last umpteen years I have never felt like I couldn’t go out and make a decent amount of in game currency doing one of the many in game activities – never has the only reasonable time/reward option been to flip things on the AH. (Which seems to be the case with GW2)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I would just like to see the tiers gone and more cultural armor added, just round everything out to cost a little more than tier 2 but less than tier 3.

The tiers are completely subjective anyway, in my eyes the T2 and T1 sylvari are both way better than T3, same goes wwith most of the human and Asura cultural armors. Plus there is stuff like the Norn light cultural, which nobody ever uses any tier of.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

Plus there is stuff like the Norn light cultural, which nobody ever uses any tier of.

Agreed, as i said earlier in this thread, Norn Tier 2 Medium and Heavy = Good

Norn Tier 1-3 Light = Bad

what happened to skimpy light armour?

sadface.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Personally I wish that T2 cultural armour was crazy expensive too. Even though I like a lot of the T2 (or even T1) armour more, it just feels like I am slumming it… even though I like the looks of it more.

Oh well, that’s what expensive weapons are for I guess…

Attachments:

Posted by: Bunta.5267

Bunta.5267

No. I think its perfect the way it is because:

a) the high price makes it hard to get, there SHOULD be things like this in the game that are hard to get. it would also be unfair to those who have already spent the money on this set.

b) being rare means more money is needed to spec it out. good! let it be expensive to walk around in this, it supposed to be prestigious.

leave it alone plz

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Paying 119g just for the look, and having to transmute it onto exotics.

Screw THAT.

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I feel that the prices, as they stand, are unreasonable for a game which claims to have done away with the grind.

Pretty much this. Though I would say that 80s (tier 1) to 2g (tier 2) to 30g (tier 3) is RIDICULOUS. I’m not even given the option to purchase this stuff with karma (which effectively nullifies any reason I have for getting karma….) Even your suggested 7-17g a piece option is too lenient. Me, and so many other players – have been playing since headstart and have little more than 15g to our names. I don’t spend money on much of anything (repairs and occasionally mats for crafting).

The cost of cultural Tier 3, which is only rares anyways – needs to be more in line with tier 1 and 2, meaning that if Tier 2 chest is 2g, then tier 3 should be 5-7g TOPS. TOPS!

Posted by: Arcarius.6148

Arcarius.6148

the cost is fine, it makes it worth earning. Its a nice feeling when you achieve it.

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

That’s a pretty step price I would have to farm 10h for 5 days to get that set…

Posted by: Erebus.6473

Erebus.6473

I feel that the prices, as they stand, are unreasonable for a game which claims to have done away with the grind.

Pretty much this. Though I would say that 80s (tier 1) to 2g (tier 2) to 30g (tier 3) is RIDICULOUS. I’m not even given the option to purchase this stuff with karma (which effectively nullifies any reason I have for getting karma….) Even your suggested 7-17g a piece option is too lenient. Me, and so many other players – have been playing since headstart and have little more than 15g to our names. I don’t spend money on much of anything (repairs and occasionally mats for crafting).

The cost of cultural Tier 3, which is only rares anyways – needs to be more in line with tier 1 and 2, meaning that if Tier 2 chest is 2g, then tier 3 should be 5-7g TOPS. TOPS!

No it shouldn’t. Tier 3 is a long-term goal what’s so hard to understand? You will be able to buy it after months, if you don’t want to grind. And it’s only a skin. The price is right as it is.
And it shouldn’t be sold with karma. Karma is used for other more important stuff like legendary components. Besides that it doesn’t change anything because you’ll have to grind for karma so no point.
And again I repeat it’s a long-term goal, for those of course that want to bother with getting the skins and transmute them to exotic. It’s just a skin, you can live without it, especially since it is only rare and not exotic.

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

As it stands, the current Tier 3 Cultural armor price is extremely high. Clocking in at 119 gold for a full set, it is nigh impossible to attain this set in a reasonable time without grinding. I’ve given this a bit of thought and i can only see two logical solutions.

1: Lower the price (reasonably)

At the moment the jump from Tier 1 to Tier 2 is about 2.7x in terms of price. The jump from Tier 2 to Tier 3, however, is much larger. Around 15x the price. My solution would be to reduce the price of each piece to anywhere between 7-17 gold per piece. This would mean that the full set would cost around 70 gold. This is high enough that it would maintain exclusivity of the set but would still cut a sizable chunk of the grind and monotony out.

2. Raise the gear spec

Let’s be honest, when you churn out 119 gold for a set of armor, then realize you still have to hit up dungeons or find another 20-30 gold to spec out your character to full exotics, it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth. I would also find it equally acceptable if the current price was maintained, but the gear spec was raise to exotic level.

I have no intention of ditching the idea of Tier 3 cultural armor but I feel that the prices, as they stand, are unreasonable for a game which claims to have done away with the grind. In this sense, I guess a third option could be to create more viable ways of earning gold which are fun and non-grindy

TL;DR

Cultural armor price is unreasonably high. Raise gear level OR Lower total price by 30-40 gold.

I’m interested to see what the rest of the community makes of my ideas so feel free to post replies and maybe we’ll get a bit of discussion going

@Mods: Sorry if this is a duplicate post but my searches found nothing on this topic. Also, if you think this belongs in the “Suggestions” sub-forum, shift it.

Reducing the price would make the armor less prestigious. And honestly, it’s one of the ONLY prestige armors, next to maybe the WvW armor. I farmed the money for coat in about 10 and a half hours. Not bad if you ask me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Shaikhob.2863

Shaikhob.2863

GW1 max armor price = 7.5k. Elite armor = 75k. The price of cultural armor is fine

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

GW1 max armor price = 7.5k. Elite armor = 75k. The price of cultural armor is fine

When your talking FoW ( which is what were taking with T3 ) you were talking INSANE prices .

If you were to buy them it would have been 1560K for ecto and shards alone . That’s not counting any of the other mats needed . so if anything the price for T3 is low

Posted by: Shaikhob.2863

Shaikhob.2863

When your talking FoW ( which is what were taking with T3 ) you were talking INSANE prices .

If you were to buy them it would have been 1560K for ecto and shards alone . That’s not counting any of the other mats needed . so if anything the price for T3 is low

Talking about base prices.

Adine.2184

Well yes but it needs to be put into perspective . T2 and Orders armors are more like your typical elite armors where as T3 is FoW

LoreChief.8391

No it shouldn’t. Tier 3 is a long-term goal what’s so hard to understand? You will be able to buy it after months, if you don’t want to grind. And it’s only a skin. The price is right as it is.
And it shouldn’t be sold with karma. Karma is used for other more important stuff like legendary components. Besides that it doesn’t change anything because you’ll have to grind for karma so no point.
And again I repeat it’s a long-term goal, for those of course that want to bother with getting the skins and transmute them to exotic. It’s just a skin, you can live without it, especially since it is only rare and not exotic.

If Tier 3 is a long term goal, than what is the point of T1/T2? They are step up armors, not goal armors. You’ve gotta be kitty crazy if you think 30g for a level 80 rare is worthwhile. Farming money? Just call it what it is, ‘grinding’ – is it “so hard to understand”? Again, you will repeat, and repeat, and repeat, because it’s a grind. "Well if you just “FARM” an exp dungeon about 30 times.. you’ll be close to affording one piece" is what this reads as and you know it.

It’s a unique skin, it’s not exotic, and again, it’s 30 gold. Oh, how about all those super expensive unique EXOTIC skins at the dungeon vendors? I can /earn/ one of those in about 4-5 dungeon runs. But no, let’s take one of our many unique skins, and put it up on a pedestal of gold for entirely no reason other than to “preserve it’s prestige”. Bull, kitten, kitt.

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

After getting a set of T3 and deciding to go for a legendary I can safely say T3 is not overpriced.

When I first went for it I also thought it was outrageous, but as I’ve become adept at farming I’ve realized it’s not that expensive. I make enough to buy it farming for less than a week.

Surbrus.6942

And honestly, it’s one of the ONLY prestige armors, next to maybe the WvW armor.

Pssst! The WvW armour has lookalikes that sell for a couple hundred karma.

I still purchased some WvW armour and transmuted for the skin/name to round out my look anyways (I already had the cheap lookalikes before I knew the WvW armour had the same look). When people will buy hugely expensive items, transmute them (even though they were already exotics), that have cheap lookalikes, just for the name, then you know that prestige is definitely a factor in which armour someone chooses to wear.

Note, this was for an alt…

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

And honestly, it’s one of the ONLY prestige armors, next to maybe the WvW armor.

Pssst! The WvW armour has lookalikes that sell for a couple hundred karma.

I still purchased some WvW armour and transmuted for the skin/name to round out my look anyways (I already had the cheap lookalikes before I knew the WvW armour had the same look). When people will buy hugely expensive items, transmute them (even though they were already exotics), that have cheap lookalikes, just for the name, then you know that prestige is definitely a factor in which armour someone chooses to wear.

Note, this was for an alt…

Care to elaborate? At least for medium armor, like me, I think the only way to obtain the Mist Walker set is through WvW. I may be wrong though.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Perfectly fine with price of Cultural 3 here, just wish there was some light armor that didn’t make my character look like a kitten.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Surbrus.6942

Care to elaborate? At least for medium armor, like me, I think the only way to obtain the Mist Walker set is through WvW. I may be wrong though.

At least for the Heavy Armour, it is the Karma armour that you can buy off the renown quests/karma vendors in Mount Maelstorm. I believe it is also available at similar level zones as karma armour.

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Dear god folks, give up this statement of Grinding….

this is purely cosemetic armor. YOU DON’T HAVE TO GRIND FOR THIS!!!

GRINDING ONLY COUNTS when you HAVE to do something to keep up with power.

This skin doesn’t boost your power. It’s looks only so therefor if you like the look then WORK toward it. DON’T GRIND for it. Earn money just through playing the game and save bits and pieces of the money toward the skin.

I understand you want it cheaper but please stop using nonsensical attatchment arguements.

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

I wouldn´t have a problem with this, if it was top tier.

As it´s now, if i want one, i first need to throw a kitten ton of money for the armor skin, then another few kitten tons of money when ascended comes out and then bit more for cash shop to get the fine stones.

<edit>

zip

It´s a grind.
It´s a optional grind to be precise, which everyone expected from the game anyhow and therefore should be ok with, but still a grind.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

(edited by Strang.8170)

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Upgrade tier 3 to exotic to make it worth the gold and save the “omg I’ll never have that much gold” price for a new tier 4 cultural set with ascended stats.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

I have no intention of ditching the idea of Tier 3 cultural armor but I feel that the prices, as they stand, are unreasonable for a game which claims to have done away with the grind

I think you are misinterpreting what “do away with the grind” means. That doesn’t mean everyone has easy access to everything the game has to offer; that a casual player can walk around with a Legendary or T3 Cultural Armor without grinding for it. Not at all.

What it means is he doesn’t have to. In most games, you have to participate in the grind in order to be competitive. If you enter Battlegrounds in WoW in gear that was top of the line circa the last expansion, you will be unable to even damage many of your enemies. WoW and many other MMOGs require you chase that carrot in order to keep your character viable.

All T3 Cultural Armor represents is a skin. It’s a TF2 hat. It’s a fancy dye. You don’t need it and there is certainly no requirement to grind for it unless you simply want it.

“No Grind” != “I can get everything I want”

…..and I certainly would want that to be the case as everyone would be running around with dual Legendaries by now if it were.

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

LoreChief.8391

I have no intention of ditching the idea of Tier 3 cultural armor but I feel that the prices, as they stand, are unreasonable for a game which claims to have done away with the grind

I think you are misinterpreting what “do away with the grind” means. That doesn’t mean everyone has easy access to everything the game has to offer; that a casual player can walk around with a Legendary or T3 Cultural Armor without grinding for it. Not at all.

What it means is he doesn’t have to. In most games, you have to participate in the grind in order to be competitive. If you enter Battlegrounds in WoW in gear that was top of the line circa the last expansion, you will be unable to even damage many of your enemies. WoW and many other MMOGs require you chase that carrot in order to keep your character viable.

All T3 Cultural Armor represents is a skin. It’s a TF2 hat. It’s a fancy dye. You don’t need it and there is certainly no requirement to grind for it unless you simply want it.

…..and I certainly would want that to be the case as everyone would be running around with dual Legendaries by now if it were.

Save the grinding for stat improvements. I have no issue with running multiple dungeons for an exotic item with stats I want to transmute a skin onto. It shouldn’t be the same way for a rare cultural gear, especially when the looks are subjectively good looking to different people. I wish that Tier 1-2 was what I decided on wearing, as it’s reasonably priced. However the piece I want to wear is the tier 3, and it’s 30g – kitten me right?

Posted by: Erebus.6473

Erebus.6473

If Tier 3 is a long term goal, than what is the point of T1/T2? They are step up armors, not goal armors. You’ve gotta be kitty crazy if you think 30g for a level 80 rare is worthwhile. Farming money? Just call it what it is, ‘grinding’ – is it “so hard to understand”? Again, you will repeat, and repeat, and repeat, because it’s a grind. "Well if you just “FARM” an exp dungeon about 30 times.. you’ll be close to affording one piece" is what this reads as and you know it.

It’s a unique skin, it’s not exotic, and again, it’s 30 gold. Oh, how about all those super expensive unique EXOTIC skins at the dungeon vendors? I can /earn/ one of those in about 4-5 dungeon runs. But no, let’s take one of our many unique skins, and put it up on a pedestal of gold for entirely no reason other than to “preserve it’s prestige”. Bull, kitten, kitt.

The point of T1/T2 is to be accessible for levels lower than 80 hence their price. That’s why Tier 3 is lvl 80, from that point on you earn gold much easier. If you want something easy and exotic you can do dungeons and you are right about that. And that’s the whole point of Tier 3, legendaries etc. That’s why their price is right as it is. You don’t need them they are just skins. Nobody is forcing you to grind and buy them. If you don’t want to farm for money, items etc then don’t. It’s just cosmetic. For example on my Human Ranger I have Tier 2, because I believe it looks better on him than Tier 3. But on my female Norn Guardian I decided that I would go for Tier 3, because it looks great on her character and I’m halfway there. It’s far easier to obtain it than legendaries.
So if you don’t like the fact that one skin in this game has to be obtained the “hard” way then don’t do it. As you said yourself you can get much better armour much easier, so there isn’t a real reason to reduce the price of Tier 3 skins.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Tier 3 cultural armor should be earned.

This can be done quickest by purchasing gems and converting them to coins. This is fine because you are contributing a good sum to the game development.

This can also be done slowly over time by saving your pennies. It can take a long time sure but you’ll get there in the end. And you will have earned it.

Finally it can be done by selling your soul to the Mad King and farming like there’s no tomorrow. In between the other two methods as regards quickness but the most insane option IMO. Still, this would mean you earned it.

It doesn’t need to be cheaper. If you want Tier 3 cultural armor then go earn it muchacho.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

119 G is not a long term goal for most players, it’s an impossible one.

I’m a pretty casual player, I’ve looked at how much I’ve earned over the last three months, which from what I can tell is pretty fair among casual players, it would take me just over a year and a half to earn a full set of T3 cultural armor. Probably a yearish if I don’t spend a dime on anything else, including repair and WP costs.

If you think that’s a reasonable amount of time, even for the most casual player, you’re insane, and you need to get a life outside of the gaming world like the rest of us have.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

That’s why there are plenty of Dungeon sets to chose from for those that can’t/won’t obtain the money needed for a Tier 3 set. :P

Bluestone.7106

It may be impossible if you place a timeframe on it. But any timeframe you put on it at this point is imaginary and therefore the claim that it is impossible is invalid.

It’s not like the prices will change over time like items on the TP. The T3 armors will always be the constant price and therefore they are a set goal to work towards. Not a difficult thing to do if you realise that you don’t need to get it immediately.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Exactly … +1

Cultural armor tier 3, Legendary weapons .. they are only skins, they are optional and if you want them you have to put some effort into it BUT you dont gain any kind of advantage.

Cultural armor 3 is expensive because It should be one of the most rare, prestigue and unique armor skin In-game.
If it costed 30g (which I can make in 2 days easyly) everyone would have them in a week of playing. EVERYONE. Whats unique about that? Nothing .. I wouldnt even borther wearing that …

The second everyone obtain cultural armor tier 3, it becomes cheap, not rare at all.

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Posted by: the moidart.3612

the moidart.3612

Considering I see people walking about in T3, surely the price must be about right – it’s rare and still draws attention. But not so rare that you can’t find people with it in any given zone

Do we really want everyone walking about in the same armour set?

They already do – that stuff from CoF, pre- exploit fix.

And (almost all of) the people with (more then 1 or 2 pieces of) T3 frankly did not legitimately grind their gold – they bought it via gems.

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

the cost is fine, it makes it worth earning. Its a nice feeling when you achieve it.

Yeah right. The feeling is more like the relief you feel after taking a dump. Thank god it’s over.

Adine.2184

I’m a pretty casual player, I’ve looked at how much I’ve earned over the last three months,

Let me ask you then How much have you earned. Id consider myself a casual player and ive earned 4 gold in 3 days . If i hadn’t been spending it on crafting that is .

Posted by: Calsifer.6079

Calsifer.6079

Oh my, I just saw that people are still posting on this thread and I just want to say one thing. Are you all kitten Did you just read my first solution and think to yourselves: “Oh, just another dumb pleb who doesn’t want to earn gold.”

I gave you guys TWO solutions that I came up with and you all seem to just want to focus on the first one? This is NOT a discussion about earning gold, it’s a discussion about making the reward of T3 armor worth the time and effort. Earning 119g for armor that isn’t even exotic is just wrong imo.

It’s not that you HAVE to grind, my first solution would still require you to grind but it wouldn’t make getting the non-exo armor at the end so bad. The extra 20-30g you’d have to spend to fully outfit your armor to exotic spec would cover the rest of the money required. OR you could leave the price the same but upgrade the spec to exotic.

MY POINT:

If we’re going to have to earn 119 gold for a set of armor, I don’t want to I shouldn’t have to find another 20-30 gold to purchase all the runes and exotic armor to transmute over with fine transmutation stones which I have to buy from the gem store.

Ninja Stokk – Thief. CD.

(edited by Moderator)

Bluestone.7106

MY POINT:

If we’re going to have to earn 119 gold for a set of armor, I don’t want to have to find another 20-30 gold to purchase all the runes and exotic armor to transmute over with fine transmutation stones which I have to buy from the gem store.

Well tough, you have to.

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

The prices are too high, but even if they keep them as is, they should at least make them exotics and offer at least a few different stat sets! It does add insult to injury that the level 80s are not only extremely expensive, but you won’t even be using them for the stats.

Calsifer.6079

Well tough, you have to.

If you aren’t going to kitten anything useful to this discussion, don’t post. Perhaps “I don’t want” wasn’t the best word choice. It’s more: “I shouldn’t have to.”

Ninja Stokk – Thief. CD.

Bluestone.7106

Well tough, you have to.

If you aren’t going to kitten anything useful to this discussion, don’t post. Perhaps “I don’t want” wasn’t the best word choice. It’s more: “I shouldn’t have to.”

Why shouldn’t you have to? You want to earn your T3 cultural gear but not earn it as much as it currently takes to earn it? You want to lower the bar a little bit because you don’t want to have to buy runes… LOL. Tough.

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

I wouldn’t mind if the stats didn’t suck. I personally think char medium looks like kitten though.

Calsifer.6079

The prices are too high, but even if they keep them as is, they should at least make them exotics and offer at least a few different stat sets! It does add insult to injury that the level 80s are not only extremely expensive, but you won’t even be using them for the stats.

Exactly my point, unfortunately, the majority of people posting on this thread seem to think that I’m just some lazy kitten who doesn’t want to work for prestige.

Ninja Stokk – Thief. CD.

Bluestone.7106

If they make them exotics they should multiply the costs by 2-3x at the very least so the effort required is still in proportion to the reward.

Calsifer.6079

Well tough, you have to.

Why shouldn’t you have to? You want to earn your T3 cultural gear but not earn it as much as it currently takes to earn it? You want to lower the bar a little bit because you don’t want to have to buy runes… LOL. Tough.

You didn’t even read the original post did you?

Ninja Stokk – Thief. CD.

Bluestone.7106

I wouldn’t mind if the stats didn’t suck. I personally think char medium looks like kitten though.

You buy cultural armor for the appearance not the stats. If they were exotic with the higher stats then everyone would be running around in their cultural gear and it would be almost as bad as all the people running around in their CoF gear from when they all exploited CoF.

As things are now I love seeing a Norn in cultural armor because they aren’t overly common and I have a little bit of Norn pride.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

I have suggestion for Arenanet.

Please make all cultural armor only SKINS that you can trasmute. Without stats.

Please.

This way some people start to understand that Cultural Armor is only skin and Tier 3 is prestigue, rare, expensive skin which requires big effort to obtain !!!

I saw countless players with Cultural armor tier 3. Countless. If they could work for it, pay the price, why cant YOU?

I bought my cultural amor tier 3 already, 2 months ago. If they decrease the price I will demand full refund.

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Calsifer.6079

You buy cultural armor for the appearance not the stats. If they were exotic with the higher stats then everyone would be running around in their cultural gear and it would be almost as bad as all the people running around in their CoF gear from when they all exploited CoF.

As things are now I love seeing a Norn in cultural armor because they aren’t overly common and I have a little bit of Norn pride.

No, not everyone would be running around in it because if you read the second option I gave, it would maintain the same price.

Ninja Stokk – Thief. CD.

Bluestone.7106

You didn’t even read the original post did you?

Just to clarify for your sake I disagree on both counts.

I do not consider t3 armor too expensive, I think it is a great thing to keep it rare and put off the less dedicated players.

I also do not think they should be exotics because it would make people get it for reason other than the appearance and with cultural armor the main purpose is the appearance. And I think it should stay that way.

Bluestone.7106

I have suggestion for Arenanet.

Please make all cultural armor only SKINS that you can trasmute. Without stats.

Please.

This way some people start to understand that Cultural Armor is only skin and Tier 3 is prestigue, rare, expensive skin which requires big effort to obtain !!!

I saw countless players with Cultural armor tier 3. Countless. If they could work for it, pay the price, why cant YOU?

I bought my cultural amor for character 2 months ago. If they decrease the price I will demand full refund.

I could get behind this. It would make what I perceive as their main purpose (appearance) to be more obvious. And keep the price tag of course, it’s a prestige issue.