Timeframe for more inventory space?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Just curious. I have several characters with several sets of exotic armor and then some more “unique” skins I don’t want to throw in mystic toilet and I am seriously running out of inventory space and fast. And I don’t even have a lot of stuff compared to many others. Currently only way to store all this stuff is make more characters but that just feels so difficult to move stuff around to other characters.

Please can we have this fast?

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

Stupid question, but I assume you’ve already maxed your extra bag slots and bank slots?

Posted by: Greysonn.3698

Greysonn.3698

I don’t think this is going to be a thing, for the sole reason that right now it ‘forces’ you to buy extra bag and banks lots which translate into $_$

Posted by: lostforever.3106

lostforever.3106

I don’t think this is going to be a thing, for the sole reason that right now it ‘forces’ you to buy extra bag and banks lots which translate into $_$

This. Bag slot is a money maker for Anet so you are not going to get any for free.

Bima – Warrior
Drona – Guardian

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

We already have inventory space O_o

Your character’s inventory pane has slots down the left hand side into which you can place bags. Larger bags can be obtained a variety of ways – crafted, bought or traded for fractal tokens (20 slot is max at present). You can also buy additional bag slots for gems (400 per slot?) by clicking the locked icon below the bag slots.

Bank space can also be expanded, at the bottom of the bank pane is a little “locked” icon which allows you to buy additional bank slots for gems (600 per slot?)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

what makes you think OP wants inventory for free? Maybe he does, but didn´t imply it. As for extra space from the cash shop: Sure, add more slots to buy fast. Shouldn´t be a huge undertaking for developers.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

What boggles my mind is that there are already ways to increase inventory AND bank space. Unless the OP has already maxed them out on all of toons. Then that would be a different story.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Two answers to that:

1/ force simply isn’t the right word

2/ nothing in life is free. If you want bag space in gw2, they offer it to you.

Unless you’re a packrat like me, the standard bag space should suffice.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Greysonn.3698

Greysonn.3698

Hence why I put ‘forces’ in brackets.
And I am not complaining about them charging you for it. In fact I find myself wanting to spend money on GW2 so badly yet I can’t really find anything I want to spend it on, loving the bear hat on my charr tho

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

They have mentioned more inventory space already. Just wondering when and how.

Just fyi u silly.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Posted by: AesirValkyr.7418

AesirValkyr.7418

Creating a personal guild should give you more space in your own guild bank too. Just a thought.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Why stacks is 250 maximum ? I have 2 stacks of ecto + 50 , if i use a crafting station , in the discovery tab i see 550 Ectos in one slot. So for what reason the limit is at 250 in the collectible Tab ?

Why dungeons tokens is not a collectible item ?

Badges of honor ?? i must have over 3 500 badges .. they are using space

You can buy Mini pets on the gems store , so this is why several copy of the same Mini pets can stack in the collectible tab .. to make sure you keep buying them and have room for more …

they limit space on purpose .. because it’s possible to have one stack higher than 250

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

ways to get more inventory space:
- buy character bag space
- buy bank space
- make your own guild, buy influence to open guild bank
- list it on the TP for more than it’s worth (works better with items that can’t stack)
- stop being a pack rat.
all of these are legitimate

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

There was a ‘rumor’ that stack size was going to be increased to 500 max by buying a Black Lion TC item. I am hoping for this ASAP. With max leveled crafting of all professions and a near future increase on crafting level; I am loathe to sell/destroy base components. (Chef says hi)
I have maxed the bank slots and am working on replacing 12 & 15 slot bags with fractal bags but it will take awhile. In the meantime I would love to see this item at the gem store. It would alleviate the cramping in the bank from tokens, crafting components, mats above the 250 stack limit, and special skins.

EDIT: The make your own guild suggestion sounds promising. One question about that. How costly is the guild bank upgrade or do you get one automatically and only need to upgrade to increase the amount of space?

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

making a one man guild is not a bad idea but you can’t store account/soulbound items in it …..

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

I see my one man guild as a way of dealing with ANet´s indifference to player housing.
So to me it´s a necessity not only a “good idea”.

Also what else to do with all these free influence letters you get from the storyline?
And just logging in gives a free 10 influence every day, but after 8 months this is still severely bugged when trying it with multiple alts.

Polish > hype