Tired of reporting gold spam ...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: August.2678

August.2678

We cannot do much other than report/block, and trust that ANet is working on it.
It is annoying I agree. And it’s probably a tricky situation for them, otherwise it would have been effectively handled with already.

nastyjmanThat explains why there were kittens muddled in some posters emotionally charged responses.

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

If you dont report it, then you are a bad as those that spam.

Posted by: Dedish.7923

Dedish.7923

If you dont report it, then you are a bad as those that spam.

I spent about half of my 3 or 4 hours I played yesterday reporting /blocking gold spammers via chat or mail. I refuse to do it anymore and will only just block from here on out. They know the problem is there, and realistically there is nothing they can or will ever be able to do about it.

Gold farmers /sellers will find a way.

Life sucks wear a helmet

Posted by: Renegadeimp.8439

Renegadeimp.8439

They do know the problem is there. However, reporting them also alerts them to a compromised account. This means you are helping another player get their account back and is able to play again.

Posted by: SevenWhite.4367

SevenWhite.4367

Report every time if at all possible.
True it can be a tiny pain but honestly it takes 5 seconds at the very most (if it takes you longer, you’ve got bigger issues to worry about).
Just keep in mind how harsh they were to exploiters and rest assured that they’ll do the same or worse to gold farmers/sellers.
ANet is KING of the ban-hammer for people who legitimately deserve it. Very forgiving even when they don’t need to be, as well.

Posted by: lyn.4156

lyn.4156

What you need to do in order to stop gold spammers is:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Suggestion-on-combating-the-gold-spammers/first#post130998

Guy made up a prefectly valid solution to the problem and nobody even supported his tread with bump or anything.

I saw there plenty of beautiful suggestions that never got recognized by anyone because everyone seems to be interested in making dyes shared across all their characters.

Posted by: Srondon.3642

Srondon.3642

I agree that since the majority of reports are gold selling spam, it would be nice if there was a simple single-click option (that also blocked them). Because it does get annoying to do a combination of reporting, selecting spam, send report, block player, rinse, repeat.

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Maybe they could reward players with some xp and karma points like a dynamic event reward every time you report a gold seller/spammer!

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Posted by: VendettaDFA.9368

VendettaDFA.9368

I am actually hoping that not only is ANET accumulating these accts for a mass ban hammer, that they are also tracking the activities of theses accounts to also ban the accts of people doing the gold purchasing. The best way to stop the sellers is to stop buying and ANET could ban both ends of it quite effectively.

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

What you need to do in order to stop gold spammers is:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Suggestion-on-combating-the-gold-spammers/first#post130998

Guy made up a prefectly valid solution to the problem and nobody even supported his tread with bump or anything.

I saw there plenty of beautiful suggestions that never got recognized by anyone because everyone seems to be interested in making dyes shared across all their characters.

think would be enough if a person gets an amount of reports to prevent him from using chat for an amount of time.
later on what was suggested

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai