To Those Who Have Quit This Game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

Indeed, would’ve been wiser to move to another game as soon as the first slight flaw was shown rather than support it for this long, at least that’s what dev’s behaviour seems to tell.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

not even that, i dont understand these huge problems. leave at the slight flaw? i dont understand, when i got bored i just didnt play. then the game got more interesting so i played….i log on when i want to play, when i dont i dont log on. when i wana kill stuff i pvp……you guys are treating this like…idk as if it WASNT just a kitten game lol XD. its a gaaaaame, its a tool for ur enjoyment, so enjoy it….dont COMMIT to it, its not a relationship….much less one to commit to.

i think the problem is that u all throw ur heart and soul into this thing…..its a game for goodness sakes, a freaking game lmao.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

I too find it amusing how somehow farmers have been made to be the badguys

Because THIS…

it costs thousands of gold to buy a single legendary or 500 gold for a skin

…Is the FARMERS’ fault. The farmers’ and the TP PLAYERS. Without EITHER of those, NO ONE would have THOUSANDS of gold, ergo NOTHING would be so EXPENSIVE.

If GW2 had NO farmers, the game would be MUCH, MUCH better for everyone ELSE.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

@Adry: Yes, any and all comments can be made to sound absurd if you make them all appear as if they’re being voiced by a child having a tantrum. I hope nobody shrugs off any game disappointments you may have in the future like that.

With that said – I can see your point when we, as the player base existing on these forums, sound spoiled and lazy almost all the time.

Expectations are a kitten.

telling from the extreme use of sms language and overuse of “funny” internet lingo I´d say it is not an imitation. And I think it is safe to say that about everyone has lost track of what point he is actually trying to make. So just close the thread :P

Adry.7512

@Adry: Yes, any and all comments can be made to sound absurd if you make them all appear as if they’re being voiced by a child having a tantrum. I hope nobody shrugs off any game disappointments you may have in the future like that.

With that said – I can see your point when we, as the player base existing on these forums, sound spoiled and lazy almost all the time.

Expectations are a kitten.

telling from the extreme use of sms language and overuse of “funny” internet lingo I´d say it is not an imitation. And I think it is safe to say that about everyone has lost track of what point he is actually trying to make. So just close the thread :P

what point? there is no point except that i like the game….its just merely a discussion, nothing more.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

As I always say:

“You will be back. They always come back”.

It’s just a matter of time. Like in GW1, some things get fixed, new things gets added, and if you have to pay to see any new content, you will only have to pay ONCE.

That’s how GW is. You never really leave. At most, you take a long break.

Attachments:

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

only reason im not in the game is cuz my PC bursted in flames xD

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

What the hell did you do to it? O.O

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Adry.7512

What the hell did you do to it? O.O

he turned super saiyan

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

Yes, it is pretty absurd to stop doing something you don’t like. Now go drink your prune juice.

pointless and irrelevant comment. if they stopped liking the game and want to leave, that is fine idc. i just happen to think some of the reasons are really absurd. that is all =/.

It would be more conducive to a worthwhile debate, if people would refrain from personal attacks. calling someone else’s opinions or reasons for leaving the game absurd, is a personal attack, and… against forum rules.

Aside from that, it is always best to engage the poiints made, instead of attacking people that disagree with you. It will lead to education on both parts. You wanted to TELL something to players that left. it seems you do not wish to engage in a discussion, you simply want to talk AT people as to why they should return.

Here’s the thing… These kinds of threads are intended to be for a healthy Interplay of ideas.

Everyone has opinions. Those are personal observations, the personal nature of them means, that to call them absurd, is to call the person HOLDING them… equally absurd.

There are personal reasons why people have paused, or completely quit Gw2. Those are also equally personal. You may not share them, but that also does not make them absurd.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Nerelith.7360

Because THIS…

…Is the FARMERS’ fault. The farmers’ and the TP PLAYERS. Without EITHER of those, NO ONE would have THOUSANDS of gold, ergo NOTHING would be so EXPENSIVE.

If GW2 had no farmers, it would lose a large sefment of the economy. In an MMORPG, when EVERY MMORPG that ever came before understood and accepted the presence and importance of Farmers.

Gw2 gets an idea…. " Eliminate Gold farmers." and while it is new… qnd experimental, it is not the Holy Grail, or Holy Gospel to be worshipped as if it came from the Mouth of MMO Gods. it was something tried. Results are mixed, and opinions are strong. That doesn’t make it something to accept fully… if people feel it’s a wrong move, we can say so…

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Nerelith.7360

As I always say:

“You will be back. They always come back”.

It’s just a matter of time. Like in GW1, some things get fixed, new things gets added, and if you have to pay to see any new content, you will only have to pay ONCE.

That’s how GW is. You never really leave. At most, you take a long break.

This type of Arrogane was percieved in another MMO that shall remain nameless because it seems to be Like waving a red cape before the eyes of a Bull. Let’s Just say in MY personal experience….

THAT game is much better than this one. People DO go back to THAT game. But Gw2 is Not the game that also.." everyone will always come back..they always come back."

THAT type of arrogance is not appropriate for gw2. And..it chases some players away.

But keep dreaming that " they always come back." Tera thought that…where is it now?

Imagine Gw2, can be in the same place… and rethink the " they always come back" type of arrogance.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Well, they introduced mega servers because too many people keep coming back.
That’s what mega servers are…right?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Wrong. They made the megaservers because of all the dead servers to bring those dead servers into the more populated ones, meaning GW2 has LOST players.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Wrong. They made the megaservers because of all the dead servers to bring those dead servers into the more populated ones, meaning GW2 has LOST players.

Sorry, Im Mudbone…it was a joke :P

Anyway, I know people will say to take this with a grain of salt, but I think the achievement point percentile and achievement point leaderboards do show some indications of inactivity from many players, mainly from the dying servers.
It was something like ~3500 AP and you’re in the 90% percentile.
Note 1: that means you’ve got more AP than 90% of “all” players.
Note 2: “All” supposedly means active…but no one knows how long Anet considers a player active.

When are they coming back, guys? Soon™?

Posted by: emperor.9625

emperor.9625

I removed GW2 this week after logging in twice in almost 2 months. They’ve just taken too much out of the game, small things but it’s the direction the game is taking that’s just not what I want. Was fun for a while but reached a dead -end.

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Well, I’m back since the end of the season 1.
I quitted because the running against the clock of the Living World. I got tired of it.
Tried to start playing again a few times, but being lost and not knowing what was happening… and seeing the dreaded timer again made me quit again fast.

Now with the new system of the Story Journal, I have high hopes for the S2.
Aaaand of course, I expect to see more of Kas and Jory. And Taimi.
Kas and Jory are big part of why I’m back to the game.

Posted by: nolij.4327

nolij.4327

i have “quit” the game twice now, am i’m now back for the third time for just over a month now, and every time i come back, i love the game more than ever before!

my first main was a necro. she was my first character, and this was before i knew that gw2 endgame is a cute dress up collection game, so i made her a really wretched nasty looking sylvari…. so she is now deleted (LOL)

second main was an engi, and i still farm/pvp on that character a liiiiittle bit. still quite a bit of fun since engi is such an awesome class

but my new main, my mesmer, is where all my time and effort goes and all my enjoyment comes from! favorite class yet, and i’ve played them all enough to say, favorite class in the game!

so honestly, i would say if you’re getting even a little bit tired of the game, and don’t really feel like making a new character, quit now! then you can start getting excited about how much more you’ll like teh game when you come back!

^_^

potatoes gon’ potate

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

i have “quit” the game twice now, am i’m now back for the third time for just over a month now, and every time i come back, i love the game more than ever before!

my first main was a necro. she was my first character, and this was before i knew that gw2 endgame is a cute dress up collection game, so i made her a really wretched nasty looking sylvari…. so she is now deleted (LOL)

second main was an engi, and i still farm/pvp on that character a liiiiittle bit. still quite a bit of fun since engi is such an awesome class

but my new main, my mesmer, is where all my time and effort goes and all my enjoyment comes from! favorite class yet, and i’ve played them all enough to say, favorite class in the game!

so honestly, i would say if you’re getting even a little bit tired of the game, and don’t really feel like making a new character, quit now! then you can start getting excited about how much more you’ll like teh game when you come back!

^_^

So what if you have 6 lvl80’s.
two of which are mesmers?

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

^_^

So what if you have 8 lvl80’s.
One of each class?

Oh wait, I havent quit nor planning too :P
But everyone likes different things, Nolij’s thing worked for him/her and will maby work for others, maby they should try it if they havent. (If they realy wanna play GW2 anyway)

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

^_^

One of each class?

But everyone likes different things, Nolij’s thing worked for him/her and will maby work for others, maby they should try it if they havent. (If they realy wanna play GW2 anyway)

fair enough
tbh I love all my characters- I didn’t quit because I was bored

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

^_^

One of each class?

fair enough
tbh I love all my characters- I didn’t quit because I was bored

True, there are different reasons to why people quit too ofc

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: nolij.4327

nolij.4327

^_^

then you’re a pretty cool guy wtih good taste!

think i’m gonna play guard next though, in the far off future. mesmer is gonna keep me happy for quiteeeeeeeeeee a while methinks

potatoes gon’ potate

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Because THIS…

You’ve obviously not considered there’s every possibility that the price would skyrocket if less farmers existed.

Farmers often help curb that spike between supply and demand.
If there are terrible drop rates in game and you at least want a chance to purchase something on the TP, then you’re more likely to get that item if farmers constantly…well…farm it. That ends up getting farmers trying to undercut each other for a sale.

- The more farmers there are, the more there are on TP, the lower the price gets.
- The less farmers there are, the less on the TP and the more expensive it’ll get.

While I’m not saying this is the be all-end all of farmers and the TP, but it’s definitely not just Black and White as you assume.

Posted by: mhamilton.3095

mhamilton.3095

I dont blame anyone leaving this game as it’s a load kittene ! I spend a fortune on this game buying gems and its a complete waste of time .

you cant get a legendry weapon no matter how much content you do in the game

You must do pvp for map completion which is totally wrong as you have maps which dont count i.e Southshore.

Now ban me and i will save a lot of money !!

Posted by: mhamilton.3095

mhamilton.3095

Thanks for the good times Ive just uninstalled GW2
I wont be Forced into pvp to get a Legendry weapon
going back WOW .

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

Well… I tend to spend My money where I play. And My current opinion is…this game was awesome at launch…and each patch takes it further and further away from what I enjoyed. I think it is headed in the wrong direction. So at first I played, and didn’t buy. But… it is so hard to farm Gold consistently… that I saw myself Buying Gold with gems. So I decided if I am gonna spend money., I may as well spend it where I enjoy playing.

When I see that gw2 is headed in the right direction for me…….

I’ll return, and shop.

noooo you can make plentyyy of gold, doing dungeons and farming/gathering. and even if you want to buy gems, its simple, buy gem with gold when gems are cheap and buy gold with gems when gold is cheap. you can merchant this u know =/…..it just takes time, everything takes time. the best part of it all is that for the necessary thingsu really and i mean REALLY dont need much gold…at all. for the hard to get stuff….it takes effort dude =/….thats what the game is for, to make u spend time on it. either way, its way good now i honestly believe that its great and if u log on even once during the 2week events that will come, then u will eventually have a whole bunch of cool stuff to pick n choose from….a lot a lot a lot XD!! you probably just went about it the wrong way.

that is laughable , truly you just made my day lmao the wrong way they have nerfed everything how is that the wrong way ? lmfao you cant farm they dont want you to they nerf that too LOL you seem very new to this game all i have to say is good luck with your farming , and trying to gather anything rofl

what do you mean they nerfed it? you mean the super hard stuff to get? cause all the stuff i got is not hard to get, it just takes time…..why u crying dude? lol drop rate went down? sucks i guess, but i have no problem and i mean no problem getting what i want. then again im not so interested in the super rare stuff, just the good looking stuff.

farming is pointless anyways…

I farmed the rich ori vein in southsun, as did a lot of other people. So after the Lost Shores event, ori went down in price. then they removed the rich ori and the price went up, and now with ascended gear and the insane amount of low tier materials required, and ori exotic gear being moot, ori, gossamer, and hard leather are worthless. I remember when gossamer was 24s a scrap, and hard leather being more than 15s a piece, ori some 8s, and ancient wood being a ridiculous amount as well. hell, also look at sentinel gear. that stuff was so rare but so valuable that it was 100g+ for a full set then they released ascended weapons and armor and made sentinel inscriptions/insignias available for guild commendations and not account bound so I, along with many others, quickly made the items with highest buy rates and made a butt ton. Anet are their own worst enemies for this game.

dungeons: stand there every once in a while using a skill. if you want something difficult, you have to grind up to 40+ scale FOTM, which then becomes a grind. I don’t know what you are talking about, but with Anets terrible economic policy and adjustments with the game, the terrible means of farming and the ridiculousness that is the TP and skin gear grind since they recycle skins for every 10lvl increments like lazy bums. GW2 is not a good game. The small things are missing and the underlying aspects of the game are not clever at all. It is a casual paradise for those who are looking for a game with as much necessary interaction as Angry Birds. Even Tetris requires more thought.

(edited by blakkrskyrr.7413)

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

going back WOW .

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32389/the-lion-roars

That is a PvP quest that you are forced to do to get the new legendary in WoW.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

going back WOW .

In wow it was the other way around for years. Ppl with pve legendaries dominating the pvpscene at the top of the ladder. I remember multiple season where we where forced to raid to be on par with other arena/RBG teams.

And what about RBG caps being absurdly high compared to arena caps. To stay up to par with the other top teams gear wise we where forced to do these RBG games tho.

So dont get me started about being forced to do something. Half of my week in wow was filled with crap i didnt feel like doing.

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

Because THIS…

You’ve obviously not considered there’s every possibility that the price would skyrocket if less farmers existed.

If there are terrible drop rates in game and you at least want a chance to purchase something on the TP, then you’re more likely to get that item if farmers constantly…well…farm it. That ends up getting farmers trying to undercut each other for a sale.

- The more farmers there are, the more there are on TP, the lower the price gets.
- The less farmers there are, the less on the TP and the more expensive it’ll get.

While I’m not saying this is the be all-end all of farmers and the TP, but it’s definitely not just Black and White as you assume.

refer to my posts from 2 above this one. Anet is terrible at economics.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

It’s just a matter of time. Like in GW1, some things get fixed, new things gets added

Yeah. I didn’t like GW1 for the first 4 years, so I still have hope for GW2 yet.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Because THIS…

Uhm he’s also leaving out one major factor which is the REAL source of the problem. All of the outside gold coming in from the gem to gold conversion. That produces gold that wasn’t in the market in the first place and any 1st year economist will tell you this alone will drive up prices faster and is more dangerous than any other internal economic system.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

To those who have quit the game:

Just go. Don’t hang around the forums expecting everyone else to be sorry for you leaving, bringing it up every two topics saying “This is the reason I left” etc – If you’ve left, good for you. Do you want a medal or something?

Please let the rest of us enjoy the game.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Hey, lets give it another shot, they have come closer and closer to perfecting their craft.

i see a bright future and no i am not a fanboy, never been. Either way, i think this game will become better than most of us expect it to become.

I haven’t quit, but there’s less motivation for me to play now than there has ever been. =/

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Because THIS…

Uhm he’s also leaving out one major factor which is the REAL source of the problem. All of the outside gold coming in from the gem to gold conversion. That produces gold that wasn’t in the market in the first place and any 1st year economist will tell you this alone will drive up prices faster and is more dangerous than any other internal economic system.

That’s incorrect. The gem to gold conversion does not add gold to the economy, it is players trading gold they earned from the game. It actually acts as a gold sink in the economy, by way of a built in transaction fee.

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

its simple, buy gem with gold when gems are cheap

just lol

Naz ©

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Because THIS…

refer to my posts from 2 above this one. Anet is terrible at economics.

And they have an economist….apparently.

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

It’s just a matter of time. Like in GW1, some things get fixed, new things gets added

Yeah. I didn’t like GW1 for the first 4 years, so I still have hope for GW2 yet.

4 years … 7 hero parties? You’re waiting for the ability to add 4 heroes to your party?

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

Hey, lets give it another shot

I used to be really into GW2 and as a GW1 player I was willing to give the game the benefit of the doubt and explain away the first year as a “testing period” and “catch up” since we all know they had to release it earlier than scheduled release. I was a bit blinded by optimism and then work caught up with me and I had to take a break.

After coming back I expected to be…I guess I expected to enjoy it the same way, but now all I see are flaws. I want to adore this game, I really do, but I feel like they’re misappropriating their talent.

Don’t get me wrong, I suppose it’s just things I expected to see by now.

1-2 new weapons for each class
Some new skills (not just a storyline heal and class specific heal)
Precursor treasure hunt (more preferably a storyline quest for a soulbound one)
More “hardcore” 1-5man content
Player Housing
Class wide rebalancing

Azhure.1857

Just go. Don’t hang around the forums expecting everyone else to be sorry for you leaving, bringing it up every two topics saying “This is the reason I left” etc – If you’ve left, good for you. Do you want a medal or something?

GW2 Forums =/= Guild Wars 2 the game

Nobody is forcing you to be here on the forums or to click on threads labeled ‘To Those Who Have Quit This Game’. Honestly what did you expect?

People are allowed to voice their thoughts here and if you don’t like that, then don’t read these forums.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

GW2 Forums =/= Guild Wars 2 the game

Nobody is forcing you to be here on the forums or to click on threads labeled ‘To Those Who Have Quit This Game’. Honestly what did you expect?

People are allowed to voice their thoughts here and if you don’t like that, then don’t read these forums.

Perfect reply to a useless post that had one goal→ to insult and start an argument.
The game is still on my machine , but I may come on to do the odd daily and a few bosses. Also,I no longer buy gems/gem cards, which I used to do.
I’ll check it out in July, but if there are no new lvl 80 maps/areas with all quests/ hearts/vistas etc, the rng fixed and better drops, bug fixes. Anet will never see any $$$ from me to support then. A full expansion—-I would have bought in a flash.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

To Those Who Have Quit This Game…. dont come back! You haven’t missed anything!!!

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Still my favorite mmo ever <3

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

well, begs the question why YOU click those topics? :P

Anyway, it is much like reading up on that old company you used to work at. Or the newspaper of a weltanschauung you do not really share. To keep being informed, to keep being entertained. Personally, I think games should keep people who do not play from posting. In sub games, that is a rather obvious mechanic. In microtransaction games, you can tie it to last purchase. Buy at gem store and post for 3 months or something like that. But as this is not the case here – when I am bored (or waiting in a raid queue somewhere else) and I see a thread like this calling me out, I can as well be entertained, I don´t really care whether you like that or not :P

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

“To Those Who Have Quit This Game” … why are you still on the forums, reading posts like this?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

“To Those Who Have Quit This Game” … why are you still on the forums, reading posts like this?

Why? Well of course because they can. If I had quit I’d still be on the forums as well reading and waiting for info on NEW CONTENT.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Azhure.1857

^ Yup.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

going back WOW .

lol yes of course, that “pvp” that WvW map completion requires.

If my gf, who is terrible at video games, can do map completion in WvW without engaging one person (fact), then I’m thinking you can too. It honestly sounds like you probably get anxiety thinking about competitive play, to the point you get angry and rage quit. If you had even stepped foot in WvW you would realize that you can indeed map WvW without doing any PvP, just gotta sometimes take the long way around (avoid roads and such) and also if certain points aren’t in your server’s control, you leave and check back later. Hit B, enter color map you need completed, load in, hit M to see map, see if points you need are held by your color, if not, leave WvW, continue on with your PvE. It’s really that simple. Enjoy playing WoW lol.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

This game should have been what Wildstar has done (minus the wow clone- I’m not one to say this but lol Wildstar really copied a lot of things copy for copy) What I mean by this is the boss mechanics, I think most boss mechanics in this game is boring and is just an oversized mob with a massive hp bar.

Btw, I just want to say, I’m not Wildstar fanboy, I don’t think the game is bad but I find it too much of a WoW 2.0 but if this game had more interesting fights with good boss mechanics and permanent content, maybe I would still be here. Even after a year +, I still find the graphics in this game amazing. It’s just too bad, successful launch but crappy follow up.

Azhure.1857

I think most boss mechanics in this game is boring and is just an oversized mob with a massive hp bar.

Agree, they do need a major overhaul. Though I do believe that is in the works as people have pointed out on a few threads that Anet has hired someone for this purpose.

(edited by Azhure.1857)