To all the PvE exclusive players...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

1.) How arrogant for you to tell me what made me stay on the server I choose..pfft.. They are a valid reason since I made my guild on the server I am on.

2.) Hell freezes over…..
3.) No, I do what I like.
4.)You obviously don’t pve.. I have never paid that much rapair.. Not even on my geared lvl 80.
5.)I don’t have sunrise nor any other legendary and if I did it wouldn’t be any of your business.. Learn to spell It’s Melandru.
6.)Who Cares.. People play what they like and you don’t have any right with your condescending attitude tell others what they need to do or how they should play their game.
7.) Those who like pvp will pvp but those of us who like pve will pve so get over it.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

Because WvW is not fun.

I’m not going to do something I don’t enjoy.

Posted by: Hadson.5024

Hadson.5024

WvW is not pvp so playing it you will stay pve-exclusive player.

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

Because WvW in GW2 is a strictly directed senerio in a maze-like setting to further make you feel like a controlled mouse in a maze.

I prefer more player controlled, such as open world consentual pvp/guild vs guild.

Posted by: Kono.5947

Kono.5947

A lot of people don’t play pvp for many reasons, but one of my main reasons is self esteem issues. Over 10 years ago, I got into mmos when I was around 11. They were fun up until I started doing pvp in a party. I sucked, to say the least. And the players were less than friendly about it. Because of that, I just sort of naturally avoided pvp and most team-based content if I felt I wasn’t that good (And most of the time, I feel that way. Like I said, self esteem issues)

Many people don’t join wvw or pvp because of knowing that in a lot of game, that’s just how ‘teamwork’ works. If you’re not that good, you get blamed for it. And often internet-bullied for it. Yeah, it’s stupid. And really, it’s easy to ignore. But why deal with it at all?

Although I do find wvw a ton of fun (Too many players to worry about whether you’re good or not cause no one will even notice), I still get a little worried and nervous when the group I’m with isn’t that big. Because I feel like if I screw up it’s the end of the world. Yes, that’s stupid. But I really can’t help but feel like I’m inadequate in those sorts of situations. Which is why I rarely ever play wvw, unless it’s during peek hours with mass zergs so I won’t be noticed.

I haven’t even bothered with spvp yet.

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

as a pve exclusive player, I only need WvW for :
1. passive world bonuses
2. JPs
3. map completion
4. depends on tier, the more higher tier, the more easy i persuade my friends to transfer
5. RIP monthly wvw kills
6. optional wvw dailies

Posted by: Andile.2963

Andile.2963

on any server.
1.) what made you choose and stay on the server you’re on?(guilds and friends aren’t a valid reason since transfers were free for four months)
2.) what will it take for the wvw players to get you into wvw?
3.) wvw benefits your dungeon runs, do you not agree that helping us get the buffs you benefit from is the right thing to do?
4.)is it the repair bill that scares you out?(i know pve players with upwards of 200g, so the fact that they’re scared of a 10s repair bill is confusing)
5.) why would a risen priestess of milandru be impressed with your Sunrise?
6.) to my GOM bros specifically, some of the PvE guilds on our server are upwards of 300+(and active), can you grasp how much of a difference just 1/10 of your guild members would make if they were active in wvw daily?
k, gripe over.

Not a PVE exclusive here but…

1. Guilds and friends. You don’t get to tell anyone what their answer can be.
2. Better rewards would get me there more often. Badges? Meh. Zerging? Meh. Tbh you should be the one telling us what you see in WvW that is so wonderful. It’s a bag full of meh most of the time. It would take something like enemies dropping rares (like lowbie area champs do now) to see a real change happen.
3. By your logic, you should drop WvW immediately. Here you are working hard to provide your server’s playerbase all those wonderful buffs. Ungrateful kittens they are.
4. Oh, sure. I’d be naked before I knew it. Next.
5. Hmm yeah. You got me there. Sorry, Melandru. It was for you! I <3 U!
6. You need to improve your selling points before reaching out to your server with a request like this.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

1.) what made you choose and stay on the server you’re on?(guilds and friends aren’t a valid reason since transfers were free for four months)

I’m on Desolation. I originally picked it because it’s a predominantly UK server so the majority of players speak a language I’m fluent in and are online at similar times to me. I stayed because I also found the open world active, even before the updates, and most people are friendly.

I’ll do WvW as and when I feel like it. Probably sometime after I’ve finished my Personal Story and at least some dungeons, basically when I feel like I need an extra thing to do. Other players pressuring me would just put me off honestly.

3.) wvw benefits your dungeon runs, do you not agree that helping us get the buffs you benefit from is the right thing to do?

My server is already Tier 1 and usually has a lot of buffs up and controls a lot of the map. I seriously doubt one extra WvW newbie running around would make much difference.

4.)is it the repair bill that scares you out?(i know pve players with upwards of 200g, so the fact that they’re scared of a 10s repair bill is confusing)

No, see above for my reasons. Although I’ve also never had more than 2g at once so that doesn’t really apply to me.

I doubt other players really care as much as the owner of the legendary thinks they do. I get gear I like the look of for me, not in the hope that some random will be impressed by it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Uh, yeah, guild/friends are a totally valid reason. Why would I server transfer, free or not if I’m happy with my guild or my friends are on the server I’m on? Makes no sense.

Absolutely nothing. Don’t like WvW and will never do it. There is no incentive that will force me to go there. None. The only reason I went there at all was for map completion. Never again (unless I do map completion on another toon)

Lol, no. I didn’t design the game and it’s not my fault PvP effects PvE. I’m not to blame and I won’t be responsible. It is not the “right thing to do” to play an aspect of the game I hate. I also don’t like dungeons that much and only go when my guild forces me, so my point may be moot.

Scared? Who said anyone who doesn’t like WvW is scared? Some people just don’t like PvP. Repair could be free and I still wouldn’t do WvW.

At one time I wanted The Dreamer. But it takes 500 PvP tokens, not to mention the precursor. In whatever miracle universe I live in that I aquire a precursor, I’ll do the EB jumping puzzle until I vomit to get the tokens before I WvW.

6.) to my GOM bros specifically, some of the PvE guilds on our server are upwards of 300+(and active), can you grasp how much of a difference just 1/10 of your guild members would make if they were active in wvw daily?

Why? Why why why do PvP’ers want people who don’t like PvP on their maps?

I hate painting houses too. Forcing me to go out and paint houses isn’t going to make me suddenly like doing it.

Posted by: Ghettoblade.7962

Ghettoblade.7962

My brain is telling me to ignore this but what the hell I’ll bite.

1. I always pick servers randomly when I start a game and I started after transfers stopped being free
2. Nothing, I don’t like PvP or your implication that I be required to do something I don’t like doing
3. You’re not spending hours in WvW just to be nice and give people dungeon buffs, you’re doing it because you like it, so no the non WvW playerbase doesn’t owe you anything(which is what you’re clearly implying)
4. See answer to question 2 and again saying people are “scared” out of WvW is childish
5. Can’t be bothered to grind for a legendary if I did I wouldn’t give a crap what some dude sitting at his computer thought of it either. If I ever make one it’d be for personal satisfaction

To finish this off you need to realize that not everyone is going to like doing the same things as you and whining about it only make you look like the typical “everyone should be forced to do PvP” jerks that populate every MMO forum out there.

Amen brother..took the words right out of my mouth

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

1.) what made you choose and stay on the server you’re on?(guilds and friends aren’t a valid reason since transfers were free for four months) RP

2.) what will it take for the wvw players to get you into wvw? What have you got?

3.) wvw benefits your dungeon runs, do you not agree that helping us get the buffs you benefit from is the right thing to do? I don’t run dungeons so why should I care about this benefit?

4.)is it the repair bill that scares you out?(i know pve players with upwards of 200g, so the fact that they’re scared of a 10s repair bill is confusing) Nope

5.) why would a risen priestess of milandru be impressed with your Sunrise? Shouldn’t

BTW: Your thread is very arrogant.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

on any server.
k, gripe over.

1. I have zero reason to go to other servers because SoS is Aussie
2. Fix broken Classes Thief, Warrior etc and culling then i’d consider WvW, also being Aussie 600ping kinda makes PvP pointless..
3. Don’t care, if they removed the pitiful bonuses it would not change my views, plus since changes dungeons are horrible now..
4. Heh map travel and dungeons hurt as much as the repairs bills, yes they suck but the unbalanced classes are worse…oh and fighting wooden doors gets old fast..
5. I have no legendary never wanted one, i grew out of “my little Pony” many years ago..
6. No idea what a GOM is but our guild is 500 strong and 1% PvPs because of the above reasons..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

I play pretty much what I want to play, when I want to play it, and how I want to play it.

WvW is not a factor in any of my decision making processes… do I WvW? Sometimes… when I feel like running behind a mass of other players… but WvW can be incredibly boring and repetitive to me sometimes so I don’t do it with any great frequency.

I’m not your recruit… I don’t owe you anything… I could care less about the “buffs” you feel you provide me… I’m not scared of a repair bill… and I’m an adult that is perfectly capable of coming to a conclusion as to how he wants to spend his leisure time in game.

Does that about cover it for you?

Posted by: Przemek.6835

Przemek.6835

Im just gonna say that to me, pvp in this game is pathetic. It makes no sense, and takes very little skill. Your character doesn’t scale with your own personal skill. There is very little build diversity. And overall the play is just poorly designed. It is boring, mindless, LAGGY, and tacticless zerg. BOTH spvp and wvw. Don’t lie. WvW is purely pvp content.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

1.) Of course guilds and friends are valid reasons; most my friends are roleplayers and they wanted to play on the US RP server so I stuck with them.

2.) More interesting gameplay, I spent a week or two playing WvW hard but it ultimately comes down to Player Vs Door and crazy amounts of lag and culling; it wasn’t fun.

3.) I didn’t ask for the buffs, if you feel I’m freeloading on your effort take them back I won’t mind.

4.) Repair cost is trivial to me.

5.) I don’t use a legend; I sell the parts to make legends to the people who think the priestess will be impressed

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

on any server.
k, gripe over.

1: My friends were on it
2: Making it a non pvp experience.
3: Running dungeons is not fun
4: Nope, lack of fun
5: Whosawhatnow? I have no Sunrise and think the Legendary grind is stupid, no interest in playing dressup thanks.
6: I’m on GoM and my guild is 6 people, some of them do wvw

Sorry, I’d love to help you guys but I have no interest whatsoever in any kind of pvp. Been playing online games since the days of the MUDs and pvp has never been fun for me.

Posted by: Akiko.2364

Akiko.2364

…. because I would rather put red hot needles under my nails than PvP… I disike that sort of activity and the crowd it attracts that much.

I have never set foot in WwW, not even for map completion … in fact my best character only has 61%, I have explored every pve zone in the game, just not on the same character!

If Anet made a server cut off from all pvp activity in the game I would move there in a flash.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Stopped reading right there.

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

on any server.
k, gripe over.

1) My guild chose it because we liked the name. We debated about following another guild to FA, but decided not to as guesting would be enabled (we thought it would be enabled much sooner than it was) and I regret it only slightly due to influence issues cross-server, but I’m cool with it. We’re a small group, we find ourselves to be a bit on the crazy side so we thought GoM fit us. We three-manned elite areas except UW in GW. So yeah, we’re crazy xD
2) We’re a small group, we do like doing wvw, but a) our group is a Ranger, Necromancer, and Mesmer. I’m the Mesmer. The other two carry around speed signets and tend to leave me in the dust so I’m not terribly fond of chasing after them and getting ambushed alone once they get far ahead of me, killed then have to restart even further back and chase after them again. I’d like some allies to join me in WvW when we’re doing it from our server so I can do more WvW and not feel left in the dust. b) I’d like to have probably my Ranger leveled to 80, along with my Mesmer. She’s at 60-something now. Getting there. I like to have chars leveled to 80 before I do it and I would also like to level all my alts (I have one of each prof) to 80 before I go really heavy into WvW. This is what it would take: A buddy to help me out since due to the sidekicking system I can level there, but I will still get squished with my lower stats unless I have a buddy.
3) Oh, it’s definitely the right thing to do. I want to start doing more dungeons, too. Again though, I think if you read my post you’ll see that buddies are a key factor. Unfortunately our guild doesn’t have much in the way of an “alliance” on GoM. We have friends in FA, but not GoM.
4) No. I’m not that rich though so I do want to conserve gold to get some things I’m going after (particularly better armor). Plus, armor repair bill wouldn’t be as big a deal if I had buddies around that would minimize it. I don’t want a large group, because our guild, when we go in, we tend to go after supply camps and things that are just generally unprotected, along with dolyaks. Small things. So I wouldn’t want a massive group to necessarily help particularly due to my computer’s frame-rate issues in large battles.
5) Because once I get my Dreamer, I want to make people cry in WvW by owning them with unicorns. Or fighting dragons with the power of unicorns. It’s the most humiliating weapon to get owned by. So I want it. To make people suffer. And hey, I need WvW badges of honor for it anyway? So what’s the gripe with going for legendaries?
6) We’re a tiny guild. But we’d be happy to “alliance” ourselves with you if you like. I really wish an alliance system were in place like in GW.

Posted by: Mayhem.5324

Mayhem.5324

Simple answer:

You play the game your way. I’ll play it mine.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Simple answer:

You play the game your way. I’ll play it mine.

That.

Posted by: Kaputsid.5169

Kaputsid.5169

GW2 is a pve-centric game : most pvpers already left.

Pvers are not the one to blame.

Posted by: dustinharlin.8693

dustinharlin.8693

1. Friends and family made me choose and stay on my server. It is a valid reason.
2. The only thing that’ll get me back into WvW is to get map completion on an alt. That’s all that got me in it in the first place, for my main’s map completion.
3. The buffs aren’t enough to justify being bored in WvW following a a huge group around tab targeting things that may or my not even show up on my screen.
4. I’ve always thought of repair bills as just part of the game and I’ve never worried about them. Maybe that comes from my years of playing WoW.
5. Probably not, but I’ve never tried to impress the gods, or anyone else for that matter.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

People are very easily offended on this forum it seems. The OP just wanted to know what it would take for people to enjoy WvW so that it could be more enjoyable to everyone. Based on the responses it sounds like he is personally coming to your house and kicking your puppy if you don’t like WvW.

I picked my server because of WvW. I occationally to enjoy WvW, but after getting my legendary badges I stopped. I think the WvW armor looks like crap. The achievements in WvW are so absurd I would have to play this game for 50 years to get them. There is very little strategy, it boils down to who has the biggest zerg for the most hours of the day. The rewards only last a week, and it takes 4 days of that week to even get them to a noticeable amount. I could get more rewards by ignoring WvW and just playing PvE for those 4 days.

In order to make WvW something I wanted to do daily it would need:

1. More small objectives that can not be accomplished as a zerg. (i.e penalties for having a zerg, negative points, inability to capture, something)
2. achievements that are actually achievable.
3. a progression system. Rank, cosmetic rewards, new abilities, etc.
4. Rewards that are permanent but much smaller(Winning team gets a permanent .1% bonus to all categories at reset each week. capped at a reasonable amount)

If they can change those things then I would probably spend 50% of my time in WvW and 50% of my time PvE’ing

Posted by: Avatar.1923

yup, squad based fighting is way cooler.

like what you see in the wvw jumping puzzle.

i just dont think the game is well done for massive battles.
or its just my preference.
i would like wvw type content but with more 5vs5 action.

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

Answer to your, rather disrespectful demand/question, is quite simple:

People don’t play WvW because there are no rewards for playing it.

If you beat dungeon you get loot, if you win a pvp match you get glory, but if you play wvw you don’t get anything at all.

So why waste time on something so boring and repetitive while not being rewarded for doing so?

Sorry but you have to learn that not every player enjoys the game same way you do, and not everyone looks at the game the same way. Making threads in “spoiled brat, everyone should listen to me” manner will not get you far.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Some people just do not like the prospect of PvP. Hits them with anxiety or whatever emotional/psychological issues.

I know in Aion, where you actually lost points for dying, I got all sweaty and nervous fighting in the open world. Even though I was pretty good, it was gut-wrenching and at times, not fun. I can see the same happen to PvE’s here in GW2, even though there is no penalty for dying other than a repair cost.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You do realize its post like yours here that discourage people who do PvE from entering WvW because you all just look down on them as lesser players right ?

Heaven forbid different strokes, for different folks.

It would be like me saying all WvW has going for it is mindless Zerging, which is why people of a hive mind like yourself do it. Bad bad logic and a bad way of trying to pull you out of WvW.

Posted by: Trendy Ideology.1034

Trendy Ideology.1034

on any server.
k, gripe over.

1: Because I chose this game based on the PVE content, PVP is irrelevant and trivial to me. It’s something I do when bored or when I run out of PVE content.
2: Better/faster rewards than PVE with less headache/hassle/effort than PVE. And not being the type of person to whine and kitten on someone else’s gameplay choices by posting stupid threads like this.
3: I don’t care. If you need special buffs to do dungeons you’re probably terrible at games in general.
4: What kinda strawmanning is this? If someone said “Nah, cuz repairs” they’re probably just being polite and don’t want to argue.
5: Wut.
6: It takes me a really long time to find an AC group sometimes. Can you graps how much of a difference it would make in my gameplay experience if more of your WvW buddies were on GW2 LFG filling out AC groups?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

on any server.
Transfers may have been free, but moving means my guild loses all it’s updates. And why should we switch servers? It’s not like the game is different on another server.

I doubt there is anything that WvW players can do.

I couldn’t care less about the buffs.

Some PvE players may have a lot of money, but me and my friends/guildies do not. A 10 silver repair bill is a consideration. I’m not a good PvP player. I have wandered into WvW. Running into a huge zerg, getting killed and getting essentially no rewards is a turnoff. I managed to kill a handful of people but didn’t get even one badge. It cost me money I don’t have to play there.

Don’t have a Legendary and may never have one. My shiny weapons were bought with karma for my own personal pleasure, not others.

And the reason I don’t do WvW is because the times I tried it, it was expensive but not fun. A bad combination.

k, gripe over.

I know that it’s not supposed to be a level playing field, but maybe they should change it so that it is. Change it so you are leveled to a full level 80 with PvP armor and weapons. If I am going to die repeatedly in a PvP area like this, at least remove the armor repair costs.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Why? Why why why do PvP’ers want people who don’t like PvP on their maps?

Because the server with the bigger army usually wins.

GW1 PvP was fun. Teams were balanced numerically. It didn’t take forever to get anywhere on the maps. Build diversity provided a game-within-the-game. Coming up with new ways to kill enemies or to counter their builds was interesting. While choice of class was important at times, players had the option to have a PvP character slot, save skill builds and even gear choices. “We’re doing Ele-ball today.” Player deletes PvP character, rerolls at max level, insta-slots gear, leader pings build, slot, done.

In WvW, numbers are almost never balanced. It does take forever to get anywhere and face it, you will get ambushed when almost there and have to start over. Build diversity is not a matter of changing attributes and skills, it often involves re-gearing which can be expensive and time consuming. In GW2, skill choices often boil down to, “Take stun break, take condition remove, take reflection, take … oh wait, I only get three utilities.” The simplification of skills in GW2 has pushed a lot of what passes for build complexity to the team level. Class imbalance makes some classes less (or not) useful, even unwelcome. Not that I’ve seen much in the way of team build coordination in WvW, though maybe there is in dedicated WvW guilds.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

on any server.

Wait, guilds and friends aren’t valid, because we pooled onto the same server? I mean, we picked a server right after the Beta Weekend Events so we would all wind up together on the same server. And that server wasn’t Stormbluff Isle, it was something else . . . which was full when we got to BWE3, so . . .

Yes, they are the reason I chose this server and why I stay on it. You don’t get to tell me it’s not valid.

I’m already in WvW some days but unless one of you folks is going to chip in to replace my computer, my time there is limited to map completion and maybe poking around for an hour at a time. I try to be useful at least, but I am sorely limited by my hardware.

And before you ask, it’s an Intel Mac Mini. Upgrading it with anything other than more RAM is not an option.

See previous point. If I was capable of doing more than taking small camps I would be. But my hardware is sorely overtaxed every time we try to take a garrison or Stonemist. It’s not culling, it’s FPS that makes me have a problem.

They’re scared of paying it repeatedly because they can’t function as well. WvW is a different animal than PvE.

And no, if I need repairs I can kill some of the beasts around the map for vendor goods.

Because it’s shiny. Also, it’s not a priestess, it’s a priest. And it would be very impressive since I don’t have a Sunrise in the first place. There’s nothing so impressive as something I don’t have to be impressed by.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

on any server.
k, gripe over.

1) Aside from the FACT that guilds and friends ARE valid reasons, I’m contemplating a server jump anyway, so I can gain influence for my guild, rather than some useless “chapter” of it.

2) WvW players have nothing to do with it. I don’t like PvP and really don’t like GW2’s version of it. The only times I’ve ever enjoyed PvP in an MMO was when I was playing a healer in both WAR and WoW. That will never happen in this game due to design, therefore, I will never PvP here.

3) I do not agree. I’ve never relied on WvW buffs. In fact, I’m only aware of them because I read about it in an article at some point. You can have them back if you want. Might want to clear it with the majority of PvPers who ALSO run dungeons and do PvE though.

4) I’ve never had more than 10g to my name. And part of my dislike for WvW stems from the fact that I have to pay to play it, due to repair costs. I already dislike the game play. Having to pay for the privilege of wasting my time is simply a non-starter. At least in PvE, my net wealth at the end of the day will have increased. In WvW, I’ve only ever ended up down.

5) I don’t have a Sunrise so I can’t show it off to anyone. But I think that a risen Priestess of Melandru would be more impressed with it than anyone I might come across in WvW. She would probably also be a more stimulating conversationalist.

6) I bet a lot of them are active in WvW — they’re actively avoiding combat and actively trying to complete their map achievement.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

1. I dont care.
2. Its the forum posts by those who wvwvw that turn me away
a) invisible armies
b) flying hacks
c) downed state instant revive by zerg
d) zergs – idc if zerg turtle is good tactic – zerg wasnt fun in spvp and I dont expect to find it fun in wvwvw either
d) aoe only works on 5 players at a time
3. The prospect of playing with people who take wvwvw super serious qnd think they are tough – any rl soldier or gang member knows what tough really is – so I just cannot be bothwred to listen to their kitten

make wvw more fun and more people will go (dont forget rewards).

imo; more incentive for squad based combat 5-10vs5-10
maybe more fun terrain that is trickier to naviguate to avoid huge massive zergs.
more stuff like the eternal battleground jumping puzzle; the small scale 3 servers fighting in this spot can be glorious sometimes!
and more incentive for people to stay and defend points instead of zerging the path pf least resistance.

there is potential in wvw, but as it is, it falls short imo.
it doesnt give me the feeling i want from a mode like that.
follow commander zerg isnt cool enough.

Posted by: ShadowGryphon.6257

ShadowGryphon.6257

on any server.
k, gripe over.

Why do you care how I play?
So because I checked into WvWvW and wasn’t interested, that means you can abuse and brow beat me , and possibly other like minded people, into playing they way YOU think we should play?

personally I find WvWvW pedantic and as useless as a screen door on a submarine and should have kept to the idea they had in factions (kurzik vs. luxon).
Further, it is NOT a satisfactory replacement for the actual Guild battles GW2 has done away with.

Rebuttal over.

If someone is talking behind your back… Fart.
North Alabama Guild Wars Players
http://tinyurl.com/y9hj2h4b

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

lol – OP got owned in this thread. It sure doesn’t make me want to WvW. You all have stated it pretty well: none of my friends do it, I don’t fully understand how it works, I don’t care about the buffs, I’m not going to pay repair bills for something I don’t care about, there is no progression, and I don’t feel like I matter or that anything I do in there has any significance on anything.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

its for the fun of it also…

its not like dota2 gives you any progression…

anyway, reward oriented people bashing aside.

yup, wvwvw need some “help” to make it more fun.
and i HOPE they wont take the lazy way and simply implement more reward; that would be pathetic.

Posted by: crimsonbro.3126

crimsonbro.3126

WvW is something I do everyday. For the map completion. I’m currently stuck in Eternal Battlegrounds, needing just a FEW more points (99% world completion is driving me batty!) and then I’ll most likely never return. Frankly, I think making us go into WvW for map completion is not the best design. My guess is they were thinking “Ah hah! We’ll make them travel in WvW to get 100% explored and maybe they will take a liking to it. Good job folks!”

And for all I know, that may be true for some people. Get in there and get the thrill and stick around. Back in beta and during the stress tests the Mists were PACKED with people. Oh man. And the sPvP was a blast. Equal team numbers at least, if nothing else. But soon “those” kinds of people began to show up. Instead of having fun, it was “You suck, L2P n0ob” as they won or lost. Didn’t matter. Now here we are, all this time later, and the mists seem empty when I run through.

And WvW? Well, it seems to be packed with L2P spouting kitten. If you are good and completely destroy someone, there’s no need to rub your kitten in their face and belittle them. There have been times in a rare 1v1 where it was downright exhilarating, fun and oh so close. And the end was a salute and run off to the next battle with no stomp.

So while the general PvE crowd is fun and pleasant, the WvW\PvP crowd is a completely different animal. Many of us work or go to school or have family to watch over and we come to this world to relax. I’m here to have fun, try to meet nice people, and get away from a bad RL. Getting screamed at by someone that was part of a zerg, or just very good, is not my idea of fun. Never was.

In the real world, respect is usually shown to your opponent. It doesn’t matter what sport or activity, you act like an adult and take your thrashing, or enjoy your victory. Gloating and insulting are never a good thing.

TL;DR? WvW community is not as friendly and fun as PvE community. If I’m not having fun, I’m not gonna be doing it. I think that general laid back feeling applies to many. Though I could be wrong? To each their own and all that.

not as friendly ?

you dont know what you are talking about.

nobody is ever gonna make a remark to you.
they just watch their own guild/zerg, and pugs randomly joining in are bonuses for them, nothing else.

so yeah, you shouldnt have problem with other players in 99% of the cases.
which is i think better ratio than joining a pug in a dungeon.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

It does take forever to get anywhere

There’s one point I forgot: I tried wvw for the first time the other day when one of the commanders asked for help since both teams were invading our borderlands. I was really disappointed by how much time was spent running around the map vs. time spent actually doing anything. Even if I liked pvp, I think just the sheer lack of wp’s in the wvw maps is a real turnoff.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

There’s one point I forgot: I tried wvw for the first time the other day when one of the commanders asked for help since both teams were invading our borderlands. I was really disappointed by how much time was spent running around the map vs. time spent actually doing anything. Even if I liked pvp, I think just the sheer lack of wp’s in the wvw maps is a real turnoff.

That’s understandable. It’s to prevent one side from res-rushing.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: jesterchaos.5907

jesterchaos.5907

on any server.
k, gripe over.

1. Why should we play content we aren’t interested in. Because you say we should?
2. And friends and guild are a valid reason especially in my case as a lot of my friends who are in age restricted organisation were on the server I chose, whereas a lot of my long time guild members from gw1 were a couple of years short of the age restriction.
3. Getting sneak killed by thief ambushes before you even reach a decent fight, makes the whole thing irritating.
4. If I wanted to do something that feels pointless and repetitive with no reward I would take up fishing
5. A risen priestess of Melandru might not be impressed with a sunrise, but maybe that’s the point, PVE players don’t need the ego massage that pvp players seek and the “ooh and Ahh” of adoring guild members of how great it was when 5 of you took down a lone player trying to reach the battle.
6. I don’t play WvW simply because its dull, I find hanging around penitent and shelter a much more community building experience because you get to meet people. Group events also are another way of making friends.
7. Finally to each his own.
8. There are other ways of getting buffs.

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Stop asking me to cap towers and keeps. The scoreboard is irrelevant and I and my group of friends do not want to bang on the door just so you can get your kitten.

Seriously, I just hate it when a map commander asks us why we’re attacking so and so, asks us to leave WvW map because we’re not helping with the ppt, what the kitten.

Posted by: draakdorei.9436

draakdorei.9436

on any server.
k, gripe over.

1. I never partook in any of the server transfers before they became paid (or after) so there was no reason not to stay on FC.
2. Go cap everything from SF and ET
3. Nope, I go into dungeons for the monthly and the occasional guild run
4. Nope, I have gold to spare and my armor is kitten anyway
5. She wouldn’t but then I have no desire to get a goofy Legendary, stats boost or not
6. Not applicable

7. I play Xbox CoD for my PvP desires, I play GW2 for the whack-a-mole mob deaths

Draakdorei – L80 Sylvari Engineer Support/Healer
Drake Rovan – L80 Human Ranger AoE Ranger/Spirit Buffer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Personally, I’ve tried WvW a couple times and it was always one big confusing mess. I’m sure there are legit teams out there that have i all coordinated and whatnot. But there’s apparently no room for teaching new WvWers. I join in, I don’t know where to go, what I’m supposed to do. I kill a dolyak, random lonely NPC guard, run away from a 30 person zerg.

I’ve hopped into random PvP and that’s fun. Plan on doing it more actually. But I’ve never been much of a PvP player and WvW sounds awesome in concept, but I’ve no idea what I’m doing there.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

on any server.
k, gripe over.

1)For my server Anvil Rock , commanders ( which I will not name ) have gotten into a serious powertrip and will call his/her followers stupid or dumb which in turn demoralizes the zerg .

2) You get screamed at by commanders for doing Grubs event , mining nodes and herbs , and chopping trees which helps pay for your repair bills .

3) Sore losers who gets angry when you kill them while they’re fighting a mob .

4) Don’t worry , I still plan on playing WvWvW even with all these negatives .

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

That’s understandable. It’s to prevent one side from res-rushing.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, or in this case, solving the problem you cite (which is a real one, don’t get me wrong) creates the problem of too much time spent running towards, and thus waiting to have, fun. Having the rez point closer to the action (e.g., much smaller map) didn’t break Alliance Battles in GW1. However, there are a lot of differences between AB and WvW as game modes.

Posted by: MissKittin.1657

MissKittin.1657

1) Gandara, because my IRL friends were there, and there was no reason to change, and now I’ve made new friends…

2) My only foray into W3 was dispiriting, to say the least… I arrived, didn’t know what to do, died more times than I am used to, asked for help (explaining I was new) in /map, and got various snidey “L2P noob” type responses… pretty much reinforced my opinion of PvPer’s, and have never set foot there again

3) The only time I notice a W3 buff is when I gaet an extra go at a hern node and a coriander seed pops out.

4) No. I have all the gold I need

5) The legendary waepons that look appropriate for my Necro are lacking, to say the least

6) I don’t know all the server names/abbreviations… Possibly Gates of Madness?

Overall, I like this game…
But I’m concerned about where it seems to be heading!
Distinctly less shiny than it once was

Posted by: Alkron.1345

Alkron.1345

on any server.

I’m not PvE Exclusive but I’m pretty close, only dabbling in WvW occasionally

1. Guilds and friends ARE valid reasons. Some Guilds prefer server specific. Not entirely sure why you think these aren’t a good reason. I chose SBI because it has a good community and the group I was going in with, is on SBI, and my friends were all in SBI.

2. You can’t convince a PvE exclusive to WvW. It’s their choice. I WvW when I want to, I don’t when I don’t. Almost never am I in WvW because someone wanted me to be. Let alone often in WvW as a single player, you might not feel like you contribute when there are zergs running amok. Dungeons and PvE you know you know you are playing an active part in many situations. Granted, World Events and such are zergs, but I’m talking the general playstyle of PvE.

3. Not really. Those buffs? Yeah, okay, right. As a PvE player, specifically in dungeon instances, I am rarely in my own server. When I am, those buffs are so minor I don’t even consider them most the time. Scratch that, I never consider them anymore. Those rare moments I get an extra strike at an ori node or something is the only noticeable bonus. And seriously, that’s not a big deal.

4. Repair bill? If I was scared of a repair bill I wouldn’t be doing Frac 40+ or dungeon runs. Let alone I make profit when I do WvW.

5. What? Just what? Does your question even have a point?