Too Much Temporary Content Can Only Harm GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

In my previous comment https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Too-Much-Temporary-Content-Can-Only-Harm-GW2/page/12#post2979627 on this thread I was defending Anet for seemingly going in a better direction with the (then) last patches.

Sadly after that they turned back to the same temporary stuff. Halloween did not allow you to do last year events and the toxic stuff is also once a gain a temporary achievement and rewards grind where the content itself also seems to be temporary.

That is to bad. I hope they will still go back to a better living story and really focusing on expansions to generate income.

Sad thing is that where months ago most people that had some issues with the game said “this game still has potential” while at this moment most people say “this game had so much attentional”. Many people simply don’t believe anymore that Anet is going to make the needed changes.

Nice to see that some people (Lillium.6481) that are critical about the games state do still have confident in a change.

@cesmode.4257
“To arenanets credit, they have acknowledged this and will strive toward less temporary content, or so they say.”
True but they said that months ago and for a while it looked like they indeed where making that change but at this moment we are back where we where. Maybe even worse because the list of temporary achievements seems to be only growing.

@Facepunch.5710
I don’t think that is true. Many people who do not follow the story also don’t like the living story content. So making it go about the lore would not change that much. And the people who do follow it might even be disappointed about the way it gets thrown in the game. See the new fractal and the reactions on it.

So I hear through the Grapevine that GW2 Tempotrary Conent may be coming to an end. I was wondering if anyone here without too biased a view, maybe Devata could give me an honest rundown on how the Temporary conent ended up turning out and if it is indeed becoming less of a focus of GW2’s updates.
I’d really like to give GW2 another shot but I’m not falling into the limted time achivement grind skinner box trap again.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

They need to end this temporary content train as soon as possible. The hole they dug for themselves is starting to look like an abyss.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

They need to end this temporary content train as soon as possible. The hole they dug for themselves is starting to look like an abyss.

The only thing that looks like an abyss is the grave that this thread has been necro’d from.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

The only thing that looks like an abyss is the grave that this thread has been necro’d from.

Good things are worth debating for, no matter how old the subject is.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

In my previous comment https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Too-Much-Temporary-Content-Can-Only-Harm-GW2/page/12#post2979627 on this thread I was defending Anet for seemingly going in a better direction with the (then) last patches.

Sadly after that they turned back to the same temporary stuff. Halloween did not allow you to do last year events and the toxic stuff is also once a gain a temporary achievement and rewards grind where the content itself also seems to be temporary.

That is to bad. I hope they will still go back to a better living story and really focusing on expansions to generate income.

Sad thing is that where months ago most people that had some issues with the game said “this game still has potential” while at this moment most people say “this game had so much attentional”. Many people simply don’t believe anymore that Anet is going to make the needed changes.

Nice to see that some people (Lillium.6481) that are critical about the games state do still have confident in a change.

@cesmode.4257
“To arenanets credit, they have acknowledged this and will strive toward less temporary content, or so they say.”
True but they said that months ago and for a while it looked like they indeed where making that change but at this moment we are back where we where. Maybe even worse because the list of temporary achievements seems to be only growing.

@Facepunch.5710
I don’t think that is true. Many people who do not follow the story also don’t like the living story content. So making it go about the lore would not change that much. And the people who do follow it might even be disappointed about the way it gets thrown in the game. See the new fractal and the reactions on it.

So I hear through the Grapevine that GW2 Tempotrary Conent may be coming to an end. I was wondering if anyone here without too biased a view, maybe Devata could give me an honest rundown on how the Temporary conent ended up turning out and if it is indeed becoming less of a focus of GW2’s updates.
I’d really like to give GW2 another shot but I’m not falling into the limted time achivement grind skinner box trap again.

My view is that it has not changed a lot. The living story content until the latest patch is still temporary stuff. It’s still a list of temporary available achievements and rewards linked to temporary content.

They said they would leave more permanent content but really all I see as permanent is some of the effects to the landscape. For example, they made a toxic event in Kessex Hills and if you go there you still see it’s now different (I did prefer the old look but that to the side). Also LA will most likely not be back in it’s old state any time soon. But the (playable) content, the achievements and the rewards (of the LS) are all still temporary so you might still feel the push to complete that all before the time runs out. What sort of makes the game feel like a job in stead of a game.

However we also did see some permanent additions. A new world boss, another world boss got a revamp. Because of the open world raid in stead of instanced raids it will be hard to kill them so what happened is that there are special guilds that go to a specific server to kill it (pretty much making a instanced raid) but you can still do that. One new dungeon path replacing an old one (not sure of that will stay because it’s related to scarlet who is now dead) and a few new fractals. Also a ton of qol updates. Oow and the weapons you can buy with tickets do now stay after an event but become more expensive.

But overall temporary content is still the same type of temporary content it was before with the same problems it had before imho.

Upcoming big patch however will be a content only patch.. Pretty much like a mini expansion (no real details but I expect a few new maps and maybe a new race to start the new LS season, I hope for more but thats what I expect) so that is some good news.

If stuff will be different in season 2 we will see but as long as there marketing strategy stays the way it is I don’t think that will change a lot. They are now making money by selling gems and the temporary content seems to be related to that tactic. The only way I see this would really change is if they would change to generating income not by a cash-shop but by focusing on expansion sales for income and they have not made that change nor do they seem to have any interest in doing that or even releasing an expansion at all.

In the end only time will tell.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The upcoming big patch is not a ‘content only’ patch, but rather a features only patch, so it probably will not have a new race or new maps.

Living Story Season Two may bring us a new map(s), with the introduction of a new Dragon, though.

Devata.6589

The upcoming big patch is not a ‘content only’ patch, but rather a features only patch, so it probably will not have a new race or new maps.

Living Story Season Two may bring us a new map(s), with the introduction of a new Dragon, though.

Well define “features only”? But yes that is the exact wording they used. And we will indeed get some new maps and likely a new race between now and the end of season 2 simply because the dragon that awoke is as far as we know in maps outside of the current maps. I expect part of the “features only” patch will be a map or maps and maybe a race.

Those maps will likely then also have permanent content but I do not yet see a change where the living story uses mainly permanent content / rewards and achievements in stead of temporary things.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think you will be disappointed in your ‘expectations’, then. But, good luck to you.

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

They’re continuing with the living story? Really?

Devata.6589

I think you will be disappointed in your ‘expectations’, then. But, good luck to you.

I got used to that. Thing is that ArenaNet will almost have to do that. They said they would release content like we would normally see in expansions but they would do it with there living story. We are now at a time where an expansions would have been released if the expansion focus was the way they had gone for, and it’s the end before a next season of the LS.

If they would not deliver now they pretty much say “oke we can’t implement expansion like content with the living story” while I believe it should indeed be possible to do that. It would still not have my preference (because of multiple reasons) but it would be possible. If they don’t deliver before the start of the new season or lets say in the first patch of season 2 they have proven they can’t.

In a way they already did because if they would release it in one patch it would still not be like they said that they would put it in during the living story but at least you would see the same type of progress in the game you would have expected to get from an expansion by now.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think you missed the point of my post. Oh, well.

Devata.6589

I think you missed the point of my post. Oh, well.

No I got it.. thats why I said “I got used to that”… being disappointed by what ArenaNet does.

Well maybe the ‘feature’ would be something simple as seeing when guild-members where online for the last time and represented for the last time and the ability to search by different type of weight on the TP and maybe mobs don’t start running back in the middle of a fight. All those type of features that should have already been in the game back during beta. That would also make me a little happy.

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

tower of nightmares was simply awesome hope we live something similar again

action combat made mmos better lol

Posted by: Schizo.1375

Schizo.1375

Forgive me if already been said but if we are going to talk about barrier for entry for new or lapsing players then I think large expansions would be a greater problem. One of the reasons I never played WoW was the amount of money I would have had to sink in just to get caught up on expansions.

Kaaboose.3897

Forgive me if already been said but if we are going to talk about barrier for entry for new or lapsing players then I think large expansions would be a greater problem. One of the reasons I never played WoW was the amount of money I would have had to sink in just to get caught up on expansions.

While it’s a barrier I don’t see it as being MORE of a barrier. At least you can still do previous content.

Devata.6589

What they usually do is that they reduce the cost of older versions / expansions. For your WoW example. They sell a ‘battle-chest’ that has the original game and all expansions up to Cataclysm. I have seen it in shops from 5 euro up to a max of 15 Euro. I just checked to see the price of the last released expansion (MoP) that cost 19 euro in there digital shop (I have also seen it in a shop for 16 euro).

Sometime after the upcoming expansions is released MoP will likely also go into the battle chest without the battlechest increasing in price.

So just looking at the total cost you could buy the complete WoW collection for lets say 30 euro’s (GW2 cost you more to start so not sure how that money could be a problem for you). When a company generates it’s money purely expansions (not like wow on subscriptions) I would not expect them to drop the prices of the last 2 expansions very fast so lets say you would be required to pay about 70/ 80 euro’s if you are 3 expansions down the road (that number would then also stay the same 8 expansions down the road) but you are not required to buy the last (2) expansion(s). You can simply buy that at a later time when you have the money. So from a money perspective I don’t see a huge problem to catch up.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

While it’s a barrier I don’t see it as being MORE of a barrier. At least you can still do previous content.

It’s not really a barrier at all, actually, as long as GW2 focuses more on horizontal rather than vertical progression.

Temporary content is more of a barrier. More importantly, it’s also a barrier for recurring or lapsed players while expansion style content actually lures them back in.

Yep there will be a season two.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Kaaboose.3897

That kills off any interest I had on getting back into GW2 then.

That kills off any interest I had on getting back into GW2 then.

Understandable. Going through yet another Living Story arc isn’t really something to look forward to.

But still, even for all it’s flaws, I still hold hope for this game.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

I dare ArenaNet make a poll for every player to rate the first “season” of Living Story, the anticipation of the next season, and publish the result.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Kaiyanwan.8521

I dare ArenaNet make a poll for every player to rate the first “season” of Living Story, the anticipation of the next season, and publish the result.

The sample size might be too small to make it a valid poll…

ANet does not really want to know what people think of their LS, they prefer to stay somewhere over the rainbow with unicorns pooping rainbows.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

ANet does not really want to know what people think of their LS, they prefer to stay somewhere over the rainbow with unicorns pooping rainbows.

so the sample of “people who experienced living story” is too small to make it valid to analize “opinions of people who experienced living story”?

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Devata.6589

Read this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

They really talk about expansion-like content.

I must confest, the whole thing about expansion-like content and working on stuff on the background is something Anet has been saying sins day 1 of the living story and so far we haven’t seen much of it. As matter of fact somewhere a year ago we where supposed to get a patch that would have been expansion-like. Still not sure what patch that was suppose to be.

About permanent content, I forget to mention Edge of the Mist. Maybe the biggest temporary content added so far. It did not solve the WvW problems but it for sure is a nice addition to the game.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

so the sample of “people who experienced living story” is too small to make it valid to analize “opinions of people who experienced living story”?

The sample size of “people who actually fill it out” or “people who don’t just log in to troll the poll”.

Seriously, how many people would come back to their accounts JUST to put down all 1/10s for content they didn’t play in a game they don’t want to come back to otherwise?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Devata.6589

The sample size of “people who actually fill it out” or “people who don’t just log in to troll the poll”.

Seriously, how many people would come back to their accounts JUST to put down all 1/10s for content they didn’t play in a game they don’t want to come back to otherwise?

I don’t know why we are debating some imaginary poll that will never happen. But if you would want to have that it should be easy to only make the poll available to people who where regular online in the game during the last year.

But this forum and this thread also gives you an indication of how people feel, it are no exact number but it’s an indication.

Some like the LS many seem to not like it. Same for temporary content. That is the indication you get when checking forums, talking to people ingame and seeing mapchat in LA.

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

This thread is eerily prophetic.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Devata.6589

This thread is eerily prophetic.

Yeah any many threads like this where. Anet can’t say they where not warned. They got the feedback very early, kept on getting it and kept coming with excuses why everybody was seeing it wrong.

See for example Clolin’s comment on page 2.

“We’ve said it a few times before, but I want to just re-iterate we’ve heard folks feedback on this and will be doing a much larger mix of permanent, recurring (content that can occur again in the future), and more world impacting releases as it relates to living world in the second half of the year.”

We did get some permanent stuff but by far most was temporary.

“There will still absolutely be some amount of temporary, in particular story-driven moments to help drive the narrative forward.”

Some to just drive the story? No most was temporary. You don’t need so much temporary content and you don’t need any temporary achievements and rewards to drive a story.

“You’ll also see some of the content previously noted as “temporary” return permanently to the game in the 2nd half of the year.”
The fractal stuff. Not in the original way, and not with the achievements and rewards linked to them. Elements that made it so much fun.

- “The content will become better, more impact and more polished.”

We all know the LS stuff is not very polished, the impact is (visually) there but was never a points of discussion and it mainly become more so a bigger list of temporary achivements, rewards and content to miss out on.

- Living story is only a small team, they have other teams working on other stuff.

We did see something from that (Edge of the Mist and fractals) but overall still not much.

Well now after season one it turns out everybody’s fears where correct and still the same excuses are being used.

The thing is, they are very stubborn. They did some things different like the LS and like no instanced raids. There are many complains about the LS content and the open world raids don’t work so much so people sort of create there own instanced raids with special guild and special servers.

However so far thye have been to proud to say “ok we did try all these new things, some worked, some didn’t we change what didn’t.” No they don’t they just carry on. I mean they can’t now implement instanced raids. That would mean they would say they where wrong and well because WoW.

Like it’s a shame to be wrong with some of the things they did try.

To conclude, yes they can’t say they where not warned.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

People come to forums to complain. People come to forums far less often to say nice things. That’s the way of forums.

If you’re having a good time playing the game, why stop playing to post here? Unless you’re at work or something and can’t access the game, maybe.

But you know, if you’re not liking this game, this is a great place to vent.

So the forums will always be slanted toward the negative. And I’ve yet to see any MMORPG where this isn’t true.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Some like the LS many seem to not like it. Same for temporary content. That is the indication you get when checking forums, talking to people ingame and seeing mapchat in LA.

Well it was map chat in LA, now it’s in Gendarran. Now map chat in LA is asking if X is still bugged with Y. Sometimes even if Y was never an issue.

But map chat was always also full of people just trolling (at least once someone logging on multiple characters in order to agree with himself how thieves were OP) or just to join in on the “fun” of bashing the game. Most people who disagree would just /ignore or turn off the map chat.

As for the forums, Reddit, Guru, whatever . . . each of those three is not the same group of players, is not necessarily a substantial selection of players, and in two out of the three it is not required they actually have played the game at all to have an account to post.

It’s also the Internet. If there’s any lesson of the Internet it is this – it largely exists to share pornography of various types, funny animal videos, and to complain about things you don’t actually care about.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Kaiyanwan.8521

Well it was map chat in LA, now it’s in Gendarran. Now map chat in LA is asking if X is still bugged with Y. Sometimes even if Y was never an issue.

But map chat was always also full of people just trolling (at least once someone logging on multiple characters in order to agree with himself how thieves were OP) or just to join in on the “fun” of bashing the game. Most people who disagree would just /ignore or turn off the map chat.

As for the forums, Reddit, Guru, whatever . . . each of those three is not the same group of players, is not necessarily a substantial selection of players, and in two out of the three it is not required they actually have played the game at all to have an account to post.

It’s also the Internet. If there’s any lesson of the Internet it is this – it largely exists to share pornography of various types, funny animal videos, and to complain about things you don’t actually care about.

So what you say is, to ignore all feedback everywhere as everyone is trolling anyways. No matter of ingame, here or on other boards.
Wouldn’t you think that something might be seriously wrong if the feedback is just bad everywhere?

Nope, everything looks good to me, so all is fine.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

So what you say is, to ignore all feedback everywhere as everyone is trolling anyways. No matter of ingame, here or on other boards.
Wouldn’t you think that something might be seriously wrong if the feedback is just bad everywhere?

Nope, everything looks good to me, so all is fine.

No, what I said was different. Maybe you should read it again.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

People don’t have enough things to hate on atm so they are going for the future hate-train. What’s interesting though is that all haters seem to have the same mentality. Comment on every thread in the forum with negative stuff, if there is nothing negative create something and if it doesn’t work just take a game and say it is better and that you are god and we should listen to your words as facts.

I would be more convinced by some of the threads if I haven’t seen that the latest 10 pages in GW2 forums are being commented on by the same people.

And yes, exactly, I don’t see any importance anylonger in either reading the threads here or commenting because the active forum members seem to be the same everyday and represent a small portion in the community stating their opinions as facts for the whole gaming industry. If myself, as a player who wants stuff to be better, can’t respect your opinions, why do you await the company to do it?

(edited by nGumball.1283)

Devata.6589

People don’t have enough things to hate on atm so they are going for the future hate-train. What’s interesting though is that all haters seem to have the same mentality. Comment on every thread in the forum with negative stuff, if there is nothing negative create something and if it doesn’t work just take a game and say it is better and that you are god and we should listen to your words as facts.

I would be more convinced by some of the threads if I haven’t seen that the latest 10 pages in GW2 forums are being commented on by the same people.

And yes, exactly, I don’t see any importance anylonger in either reading the threads here or commenting because the active forum members seem to be the same everyday and represent a small portion in the community stating their opinions as facts for the whole gaming industry. If myself, as a player who wants stuff to be better, can’t respect your opinions, why do you await the company to do it?

I don’t think people complain about just everything. They will only do that about the things they dislike. However there are many thread that hit the same elements like the LS with it’s temporary content and cash-shop-focus vs expansion with more permanent content.

Looking at the first page there are at least 3 threads that are related to that.

It’s also nonsense to say people have nothing to complain so they complain about future stuff. People where not complaining before the LS was there, they did start complaining a little after it was there (see date this thread was created). Anet did then promise to do it better (see this thread page 2 https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Too-Much-Temporary-Content-Can-Only-Harm-GW2/page/2#post2377352 ) and did not deliver on there promises. So people are still complaining about those same things.

I don’t know why you say they have nothing to complain so complain about the future.. Because you believe everything will be better in the future?? Well 8 months ago Anet said the same now we are in the future from that and it didn’t.

Are you not willing to understand that there are many people that simply dislike this LS with it’s temporary stuff and push for cash-shop and zergy content, and achievement-grind and gold-grind? Maybe you can’t but trust me, that are some of the reasons people are complaining. Not just because they want to complain.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Problem of living story is that in each volume, it only brings one event chain which is focused on full map participation – 150ppl. These events are too epic for arenanet, to consider scaling for lets say 15 people.
Also, for some reason, they added timers, so it all comes to DPS builds, instead of supporting and killing bosses with judgement.
Another problem is achievement system. For some reason, they made achievements to be “quests”.
99% of players doesn’t care about achievement leaderboards, but they do care about chests every 500AP and meta-achievement rewards from LS.

Next problem is the pace of releases. They obviously cannot polish this content before the patch comes live and for the first week we, the players, are beta testers.

Last big issue I see on this otherwise great game is Arenanet’s policy to make casual game without splitting the community.

What they need to realize is, that the community won’t exist while there are random overflows with players from different servers. There should be an option of entering districts like in GW1, or making it possible for commanders to make their own temporal overflow. This way, people, who want to become a community, can organize their own raids on these large scale LS events, or Tequatl, Wurm fights.

If they want to keep this content available for casual players who don’t know how to click on some district, they can leave the main district to be mainly for casuals with scaling to lesser number of players, needed gear, DPS, no timers, but little bit lesser rewards.

I, myself, still miss turret defender achievement from Tequatl and almost all the achievements from Wurm (I never killed him) as I rather don’t do it at all, because it is very annoying and almost impossible to enter some overflow which has competent players able to kill it.

Posted by: aladore.3945

aladore.3945

The title of this thread is bang on…

I personally think this game it utter garbage, but I dropped 60 bucks on it a year or so ago and feel as though I haven’t gotten my money’s worth out of it. Needless to say, I still log in to play.

So, with this new Living Story episode I once again try to keep an open mind and give it a shot.

It appears as though Lion’s Arch has been attacked by something that was part of the other episodes – something I haven’t given much attention to because, well… It’s not intellectually appealing. At any rate, I run into this huge, ugly mess of combat skills, players and can’t see a frigging thing. The group eventually runs towards a giant robot that one shots everything now and again, and take a ridiculous amount of time to kill. As a matter of fact, I can’t even tell if I’m having an effect on said robot. I just swap to ranged weapons and spam skills over and over. It all became very boring, very quickly and I logged out.

Today, I thought I would give the game one more chance. Maybe there’s something I’m missing? Maybe my understanding of the functionality of this piece of software is flawed? Who knows?

I travel to Lion’s Arch, and there’s no one there. Can’t complete the Living Story. Back to square one – thinking GuildWars 2 sucks. Money wasted.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Read this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

They really talk about expansion-like content.

They were talking about expansion-like content year ago already. What we got was the Scarlet Arc.
When they talk about LS being expansion-like, they apparently aren’t thinking about WoW style expansions or GW1 campaigns.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

The living story was an experiment.

I didn’t complain much about it, other than the easy difficulty and childish story telling. It could of worked well if they knew which market they’re targeting. I think they don’t know who they’re targeting. Anyone with a pulse? A fun adventure for the whole family? Who knows.

Posted by: Nerifes.4931

Nerifes.4931

Why I quit the game.

I’m a college student. I socialize offline, have a lot of studying and hold down a full time job. When I can, I try to play this game. But with all the temporary content and achievements, it’s impossible to catch up from where I left off. The video that the OP posted is exactly why the temporary content has killed the game. There is no story worth investing my time into anymore, so many tedious achievements to do in a strict short amount of time that I won’t even bother to start.

The game cuts at the Achilles tendon of every new player and returning player preventing them from catching up with those who have been playing non stop since day one.

I never thought I’d leave this game until the start of the whole Scarlett garbage. After Aether Pirates was up, everything that sub-sequentially followed was nonsense and lost my interest completely. I now play an emulator of an old game that was shut down in 2011 because it’s more fun than this stuff. It doesn’t have any quests or even all the original features working, but at least I can come and go as I please.

I’ll be writing my review of this game soon.

[TV] Jade Quarry

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

My biggest problem with tempory content is the fact that if you want to do it, you have to do it at brake neck speed out of fear that you may not get to finish it. I don’t mind it but I would like some perminant content to do as well. Like map new areas. New dungeons. They way it’s looking is that we will kill the next ED in the LS. Which I feel if we do is BS. It should be a separate personal story. As it’s the packs job to take out the dragons. Not Destonys Edge 2.0. I know some people will be all PS sucks. Some people feel the same about the LS.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

When I learned that there was going to be a season 2, I have to say that I was really disappointed. I do not want bi-weekly content. It’s buggy and most importantly, feels shallow and lackluster. I’d rather have less but meatier updates that add more to the base game.

Take the pavilion for example, what if I liked that content? The gauntlet it mean. Well, now I can’t do it anymore, despite it being unique content in the game. They’ve added so little permanent content compared to the temporary content, that you’re basically still playing the same game, minus fractals, as you did at launch. Hardly any new armor has been added that isn’t gemstore armor to the game to work towards or any other challenge really.

The game needs a big content update, a meaty one that isn’t this 2 week borderline crap we’ve been getting the past year. Give us large updates filled with stuff to do and things to work towards! I know it’s harsh for the people that are hard at work on the LS content, but let them make content that actually allows their talent to shine!

(edited by Rangersix.1754)

Posted by: Zutha.5091

Zutha.5091

Considering I primarily play GW2 for WVW. I agree.

Class balance and WvW pvp is all I’m interested in and seeing changes to this once every 6-12 months is a joke.