Too easy, Too hard.

Too easy, Too hard.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Anyone else in the same spot I am in with this game? I am really not interested in playing anymore, everything I can do alone, is too easy, mindless click 1, foe is dead, no drops.. Zzzzzz I ve done all the renowned hearts 2x, i’ve 100% map completion 2×. If it sounds like I am complaining, it is only because I really want to like this game. I enjoyed gw1 for 7 years, Why can’t I last 2 with this one?

New content comes out.. the TA dungeon, I don’t feel like gambling with Pugs, Tequatl is an all day preparation, I can’t do that, I have a life outside of gw. Events smashed into a tower… whoo hoo, “queensdale in box” All the semi interesting stuff requires relying on a competent group, maybe I don’t want them relying on me… I find myself more drawn to internet chess lately.

bought 100 exotic daggers traded them into the mystic toilet for 1 exotic dagger.. no precursor for me, no legendary.. even if I got a legendary what would I use it for? what would my point of playing be then? If the game can not convince me to play, nothing can.

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

I think you should get over your fear of pugging and try dungeons. Honestly.

Also tequatl is not an all day affair. It’s an hour and a half or so. They do it over on Blackgate, just guest over there and wait at the coast. And then they do it, and it’s awesome.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

Then why make the thread. Just go

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I am in the same situation…the more I run dungeons with pugs the more my will to run dungeons is drained from me, and dungeons are the only, real end-game content a PvEr not farmer, can rely on. I don’t know what to do with my 80s, I just end up running around and logging out when I don’t run dungeons with them.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

This game, like any other, is only as much fun as you’re willing to have. Open up to new things. If you like it you’ll be glad you tried, if you don’t….well, just don’t do it again.

Also PUGs aren’t nearly as kittenome people make them out to be. With the right attitude, even the worst players are a source of entertainment.

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

kitten game has last you 1 year.

Yeah, you can’t really complain if you’ve exhausted the game. Sure the new content is bad, but you’ve inevitably had a bunch of fun from the game as a whole.

Maybe its time to move on and come back in a few months – the beauty of B2P.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You can always solo dungeons if you want little bit harder content.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

If you don’t feel like playing anymore, then cash out. Judging from your post you have played the game for a long time. I don’t know if you have bought other ingame gems using real money but even if you did, if you compare the time played with the money spent, you’ve got an excellent value for your money. A lot of players also come back after playing other games because guild wars is still an outstanding game.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

Too easy, Too hard.

Reanne.5462

my point was that I can not solo dungeons because anything that requires a group is too hard for me to do solo, and anything I do solo is too flipping easy.

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Sounds like you’ve reached burnout.

Take a break and go play something else for a while. Come back in a while to see what’s changed.

In the meantime, I wish you the best.

Cheers

Level 80 Elementalist

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

my point was that I can not solo dungeons because anything that requires a group is too hard for me to do solo, and anything I do solo is too flipping easy.

Find a nice guild and do dungeons with them, but honestly pugs are fine, maybe you have just been unlucky, if you feel uncomfortable about joining a pug you could make your own, if you don’t like to do that get a friend to join dungeons with you and let them.

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

The Mists is calling you….ever so faintly…..“Please, come enjoy GW2’s REAL endgame! Hone your skills and forget about grinding! Have a mojito and injoy yourself and the sunshine in this paradise of personal gaming exploration!”
OR maybe Dhumm is calling you….ever so faintly….“Go wreck the Queensdale Champ Train! It’s a lot of fun and in GW2 you can ‘play how you want’!”
OR maybe the Great Outdorrs is calling you….ever so faintly….“Bro! You’ve been playing GW for over 8 years now! Get a dog and a Frisbie!”

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Join a guild, there are dozens of guilds recruiting on this forum and in game.

This is a MMO, you can’t do it all on yourself. In GW1 you could because you had heroes (some might argue you couldn’t use them to clear everything, but if you were good enough, you could) and they won’t add heroes in this game.

You can’t say the game is easy when you completed stuff that was designed to be incredibly easy.

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If pugging was the only way to do dungeons, I’d never do a dungeon again. But I have a dungeon master title. I made friends. I joined a guild of like minded people. I have fun playing.

If you want to do harder content, but you don’t want to pug…then do harder content and don’t pug.

It’s an easy solution to an all to common problem.

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Its a MMO not a Single Player RPG, its designed to be played with friend. During the summer I was in a similar place. My friends in my guild were playing less and less, some even simply quit the game and I often played alone after the job or the weekend. I eventually stop to play even if i was like 150 gold away from my legendary.

I came back a couple month ago, by this point most of my friend had came back to the game too, played more and a bunch of new awesome people joined the guild. From the beginning of the game I always love to do a bit of everything but now my guild followed me in sPvP for a couple of match everytime, i finished my legendary, then a second one, helped my 5 guildmates to craft their first legendary, bough a commander tag and bring my friends to help me in WvW, we do Guild Missions everyweek, we try to bring more and more people higher in fractal, we participate or start World Boss Zerg. Dungeon were the main things i used to do back in the days, now i have barely the time for 1 or 2 dungeons each week. If you like only one part of the game you are doom to get tired of it eventually and quit the game. Get a guild and some friend and do a bit of everything when you play, this way everything you do feel good each time you do it.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Then why make the thread. Just go

Comments like this are what break the game.

Show some empathy, man. I have played since headstart and struggled to keep on playing several times. I decided to do it each time, but not for the game, but for my friends. Tbh, they’re all that keeps me in the game, the bunch of people I came to admire and like.

It’s not that this game is bad, far from it. It’s that they didn’t really deliver what some players (mostly us GW1 vets) expected, and that was an experience that didn’t feel cold but interesting and warm, always open and rich with different flavours.

Guild Wars 2’s universe has added too many elements that make it feel hostile. I for one would welcome a new start paired with the opening up of Elona or Cantha, because right now this game isn’t a game, but a show mostly of parading around in Lion’s Arch after farming months for an overly priced weapon or armour set. I shun the place.

The game should be about playing it, not about grinding your days away in a dungeon and then sitting in LA like a zombie.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I think you should get over your fear of pugging and try dungeons. Honestly.

Also tequatl is not an all day affair. It’s an hour and a half or so. They do it over on Blackgate, just guest over there and wait at the coast. And then they do it, and it’s awesome.

I’ve got half of the achievements in Tequatl when guesting in SBI. It’s only 30 mins of preparation before he appears. I’m lucky to be there by accidents.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Sounds like you’ve reached burnout.

Take a break and go play something else for a while. Come back in a while to see what’s changed.

In the meantime, I wish you the best.

Cheers

This. You’re clearly burned out on GW2. Find another MMO, or pick up a hobby. Maybe in a month, or maybe in two you’ll feel like giving GW2 a shot. Or maybe you find something else you like.

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: kai.4629

kai.4629

find another game. gw2 just isn’t that good of a game to play for an extended period of time.

Too easy, Too hard.

Reanne.5462

So the consensus is I should stop playing, instead of expecting the developers to add more content for people who do not like pugging, or zerg trains. Maybe a dev should weigh in and tell me why I shouldn’t quit… maybe they don’t care since they already have my money… I will give it until the update on the 21st, and then make my decision.
ps. anyone else who decides to post, read the whole kitten thread first before you do.

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: mesme.5028

mesme.5028

So the consensus is I should stop playing, instead of expecting the developers to add more content for people who do not like pugging, or zerg trains. Maybe a dev should weigh in and tell me why I shouldn’t quit… maybe they don’t care since they already have my money… I will give it until the update on the 21st, and then make my decision.
ps. anyone else who decides to post, read the whole kitten thread first before you do.

I don’t think you should quit, there are lots of nice guilds out there who im sure if you joined one would be happy to do dungeons etc with you, you could do dungeons etc with friends.

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Reanne, you should wait until the “Feature update”. Should happen march-april.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Can you give me some insight at something not for PuGs or zerg trains ? Every PvE event has the potential to become a zerg train.
You don’t want to join a guild to do dungeons.

So that leaves us with solo personal story or at least personal instance. You want another Canach ? Don’t tell me you had fun during that. Or at the other end, Liadri ?

Too easy, Too hard.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you like to solo, and want harder content, there is really not much new out there. The game’s focus seems to be on getting large number of players doing the same thing. The current new offerings (outside of dungeons and sPvP) are content that is designed for a herd, because many jump on it as soon as it’s out. Rewards are concentrated in the Living Story and in meta events, both of which are herd content. ANet measures success using metrics, which means large numbers – which means they are emphasizing content where larger numbers are required.

I can still find some enjoyment killing out-of-the-way champions and doing group events solo in under-populated zones. However, after a while of doing the same thing over and over, and absent any worthwhile rewards, repetition makes for boredom. There’s WvW, which is either herd play or small group — unless you accept the challenge of solo roaming — which may or may not float your boat. As noted above, there’s also joining a guild that does dungeons.

If none of the above work for you, you might consider parking the game for a bit to see if the changes to living story being talked about currently will mean the addition of content you might like. I wish I had better ideas for you.