Town Clothes Un-Mixable, Undyable?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Taldarg.6049

Taldarg.6049

What in god’s name were you thinking, ANet? This is by far the most asinine update I’ve ever laid my nubile virgin eyes upon.

Making all charges cost the same as Crystals, shafting RPers by making the townclothes undyeable and unchangeable.

I’d like to know who thought this was a good idea.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

My blood is literally to a state of boiling.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Should see local chat in black citadel right now. Anger is putting it mildly

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

‘’Making all charges cost the same as Crystals’‘. Now though crystals are easier to get and none really uses skins on lvl 15 accounts, people start with ’’I want to look pretty’’ after 80…I know many people will talk about how they always look pretty, but if being realistic that is how it is.

When it comes to the town clothes, well, that was their decision. I can link you a thread with over 1000 posts about the issue but yea, Anet decided already I guess.

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

I support this completely. Town single parts were meant to be wearable in battle as I understood it and now they are completely useless as tonics. U cant even equip a healing skill

Posted by: Broreale.8945

Broreale.8945

Is there ANY reason for no longer being able to dye town clothes? Why did you get rid of this feature ANet?

Jesus just bring it back, there is NO REASON to cripple your own dye system like this.

Posted by: badend.4182

badend.4182

This is infuriating and unnecessary. Like, my typical town clothes setup was my Fancy Winter outfit sans the ridiculously ugly hat, which I was free to take off and replace with the much-better-looking earmuffs. Now if I ever want to wear that outfit again I’m stuck playing it to their forced cookie-cutter design looking ugly and no chance to mix and match or just not wear the stupid hat altogether? If I would have known this was how it was going to end up I never would have spent the gems on it in the first place.

DonQuack.9025

You can get a refund. Im going to wait a bit and see if they change it before asking for it.

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Next

Information regarding the changes to town clothes and dyes can be found in these two blog posts:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dyes-in-the-new-account-wardrobe/

For information on what refunds you may be eligible for, if desired, please read this post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Customer-Support-and-the-Feature-Pack/3896529

Taldarg.6049

Well, that’s nice, thanks, but that doesn’t quite answer my question as to what in the world you lot were thinking.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

You can get a refund. Im going to wait a bit and see if they change it before asking for it.

They won’t change it, there have been threads with thousends of posts here since the announcement of the new system, the complaints about it, isn’t something new.

DonQuack.9025

Leave me with my blind hope. /sniffle. I was goign to give away all my dupe dyes too. I was going to look FABULOUS whilst doing it. AB FAB U LOUS Now I keep switching toons in disbelief.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Well, that’s nice, thanks, but that doesn’t quite answer my question as to what in the world you lot were thinking.

You don’t expect them to answer that, do you?

Taldarg.6049

You don’t expect them to answer that, do you?

You have a point. They’ve disappointed me at every turn so far, so.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

‘’Making all charges cost the same as Crystals’‘. Now though crystals are easier to get and none really uses skins on lvl 15 accounts, people start with ’’I want to look pretty’’ after 80…

Maybe YOU do not care, I on the other hand take fresh alts and put a look on them. Waiting til 80 is laughable. I never would have waited that long.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Johnny Rotten.3910

Johnny Rotten.3910

I’m not going to rage and insult Anet. But I am just posting to add my disapointment… Town clothes are unmixable and undyable?!?!?!?!!?!? That sucks really bad.

Super bummed about this. Hope Anet will consider modifying this new town clothes mechanic.

(edited by Johnny Rotten.3910)

Posted by: Thorn.7963

Thorn.7963

What is ANet doing lately? Are they insane?

Posted by: ox DigitalShaman xo.2816

ox DigitalShaman xo.2816

This is so very bad, even if you are offering refunds.

I paid for goods from you, and now you’ve decided to change how that works. It is an awful system.

I used to be able to mix and match town cloths, and dye them. Now I can do neither of those things and my characters are stuck in their armoured appearance. I was hoping that I could take those skins I bought and put them over my existing ones.

It’s really, really disappointing and has seriously de-valued the game for me.

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I paid for goods from you, and now you’ve decided to change how that works.

This is the key part right here. Only in gaming can people get away with drastically changing the behaviour of purchased goods post sale, and it should be illegal, much as it would be with physical goods.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Drewan.5681

Drewan.5681

Im sad starting racial town clothes are now tonics as well. Cause y’know, red and black are totally suitable colours for a leather and animal fur norn parka.

Why arent the racial town clothes outfits? Now for RP my norn is pretty much perma-stuck in his armour.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all,

Please use this thread for feedback and questions: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Wardrobe-Transmutation-Outfits