Traits Part 2

Traits Part 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

^ if that is the case I am totally screwed because I have not got a skill point scroll inabout forty days.

One thing I dislike with this game is how many currencies this game has. They need to streamline laurels, karma, skill points, and the countless unique ones that they add for specific releases.

I am getting more and more pessimistic about this system. The longer this goes on the more it make me think they are overamalyzing and are probably going to the traits into a grind just like ascended gear, crafting, legendaries, farming, and every other system this game has.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Two things I’d consider essential in a trait revamp.

1. Divorce the acquisition from skill points. Players will no longer gain skill points after 80 and there are not enough in the leveling and exploration processes to fuel the trait hunt as is. Scrolls are not the answer unless you want to force people to EotM/Frostgorge/SW/CS champ bag farm.
  2. Traits should be X-80 progression, not post-80 as is the case now. This is strongly hinted at in the discussion of masteries and traits as they relate to masteries.

We can only hope.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

Two things I’d consider essential in a trait revamp.

1. Divorce the acquisition from skill points. Players will no longer gain skill points after 80 and there are not enough in the leveling and exploration processes to fuel the trait hunt as is. Scrolls are not the answer unless you want to force people to EotM/Frostgorge/SW/CS champ bag farm.
  2. Traits should be X-80 progression, not post-80 as is the case now. This is strongly hinted at in the discussion of masteries and traits as they relate to masteries.

We can only hope.

1. I believe they said they’d be adding additional sources of skill scrolls to compensate for that.
  2. I liked it when you started getting traits earlier, and while I find unlocking them through exploration interesting it doesn’t quite work as well as I’d like now. Definitely agree with this one.

Traits Part 2

IndigoSundown.5419

1. I believe they said they’d be adding additional sources of skill scrolls to compensate for that.

Yeah, they also said that you could gear up in Ascended armor and weapons via drops if you don’t craft. How’s that working out? They also said the trait system we’re saddled with now was designed to allow us to “…dive right into the system and start playing around with it,” and to make traits “more approachable.” To be fair, those comments were applied to other aspects of the system than unlocks, but the unlocks were a failure point that prevented one from “diving right in.”

I’d really like to believe that the new systems will be a 180 degree turnaround from the current one … but their past performance does not inspire a lot of confidence.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

Should this be moved to the HOT forum? It seems that is going to be the case…

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

what bothers me, is that Anet said they made this change based on ingame feedback, but who in game did they get this feedback from, because the Forum seem to vastly dislike this feature, and Anet also is changing it because of the massive dislike.

So who did they get this feedback from?

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Supposedly, players wanted to get their traits by having to repeat the same few events in-game over and over on every character, so they could get them like they did in GW1.

Traits Part 2

Knighthonor.4061

Supposedly, players wanted to get their traits by having to repeat the same few events in-game over and over on every character, so they could get them like they did in GW1.

And Anet thought it was a good idea to listen to them over the rest of the playerbase that never asked for that?

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

And Anet thought it was a good idea to listen to them over the rest of the playerbase that never asked for that?

Forumites were raving all over about how much fun acquiring skills from bosses was in GW1. People who liked the old system never spoke up.

This is why people need to speak up when they like the status quo. When they don’t, the status quo gets changed to whatever the loudest voice wants.

Traits Part 2

Knighthonor.4061

Forumites were raving all over about how much fun acquiring skills from bosses was in GW1. People who liked the old system never spoke up.

This is why people need to speak up when they like the status quo. When they don’t, the status quo gets changed to whatever the loudest voice wants.

so what about how they locked away traits by level?

where was that in GW1? and who asked for that here?

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

so what about how they locked away traits by level?

where was that in GW1? and who asked for that here?

It was extremelly fun to go hunting skills on gw1 (option solved with 1k elite skill tome )but they were skills, in gw2 they tested the Trait hunting wich is acompletelly different thing to do.. its like in gw1 go hunting for healing powers line if theres a possible comparison.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

This is not what the loudest voice wanted. This is a nod to what people discussed in the horizontal CDI thread. I mean, if the loudest voices had been championing skill hunts, why does it seem logical to translate that to the trait system? That doesn’t make sense at all.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Traits Part 2

IndigoSundown.5419

The trait unlocks via content were an interpretation of a system from GW, an apple that fell quite far from the tree. It was/is not an import of the GW system except in that you do something and get something for it that contributes to your build.

The differences:

• Elite skills were bound to specific bosses; some of the skills could be found on more than one boss. One might have had to fight through a zone to get to some bosses, but fighting the boss was never lengthy (like zone completion).
  • Except for some of the Prophecies bosses, the bosses spawned on-demand; no waiting for events to pop or for champs to respawn. Players had some control over even Prophecies bosses by returning to town, then to the zone, thus re-popping the instance.
  • With henchmen and heroes, there was no waiting for enough players to show to take on a group event boss.
  • Elite skills were often the centerpiece of a GW build. However, one could only use one elite skill at a time. Hunting more elite skills allowed for making a variety of builds. However, build variety in GW2 requires (worst case) 7 traits per build unlocked, not 1 elite skill.

Yeah, I remember the various requests for skill hunting to be ported into GW2. I’d say that the overwhelming majority of requests were for new skills that could be hunted, not hunting for traits.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I agree Guracie. I mean, look at the uproar over the reduction of karma! It was sooo bad. And yet, I can still rack up karma like mad. Let’s wait and see to make any judgments on things that haven’t happened yet.

The reduction in karma may not affect people that have been playing a while because there is nothing to spend it on. It was nice being able to hit level 80 and buy a full suit of temple armor for those that aren’t rolling in the cash. This is not possible anymore. Its now easier to EotM train to 80 and while doing so save all your gold till 80 also and then buy exotics.

So all that the karma reduction did was make it a grind to get temple armor early and then by the time you are rolling in karma most people have no use for karma armor. When there is no use for something except for a couple of crafting recipes of course you will be swimming in that currency.

Traits Part 2

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

The trait unlocks via content were an interpretation of a system from GW, an apple that fell quite far from the tree. It was/is not an import of the GW system except in that you do something and get something for it that contributes to your build.

The differences:

• Elite skills were bound to specific bosses; some of the skills could be found on more than one boss. One might have had to fight through a zone to get to some bosses, but fighting the boss was never lengthy (like zone completion).
  • Except for some of the Prophecies bosses, the bosses spawned on-demand; no waiting for events to pop or for champs to respawn. Players had some control over even Prophecies bosses by returning to town, then to the zone, thus re-popping the instance.
  • With henchmen and heroes, there was no waiting for enough players to show to take on a group event boss.
  • Elite skills were often the centerpiece of a GW build. However, one could only use one elite skill at a time. Hunting more elite skills allowed for making a variety of builds. However, build variety in GW2 requires (worst case) 7 traits per build unlocked, not 1 elite skill.

Yeah, I remember the various requests for skill hunting to be ported into GW2. I’d say that the overwhelming majority of requests were for new skills that could be hunted, not hunting for traits.

And not just new skills, new Elite Skills.

Traits Part 2

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

This is not what the loudest voice wanted. This is a nod to what people discussed in the horizontal CDI thread. I mean, if the loudest voices had been championing skill hunts, why does it seem logical to translate that to the trait system? That doesn’t make sense at all.

Its like a kid asking for a basketball to be like his older brother. And then he gets a baseball. Its not what he asked for. Similar does not mean the same.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Sadly the more I read on these boards the more its evident to me that either many of the people that were around back in 2013 are not on the boards anymore and/or too many people have REAL selective memories of what has gone down these last few years.

Even when you link them back to the posts from back then.

These days I just feel like a guy who was sold a car that fell apart a bit too soon and the dealership is telling me that a- that was normal and b- they’re more than willing to get me the upgraded version of that car for a chunky price.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Traits Part 2

Guhracie.3419

I just don’t see how it’s acceptable to make this announcement and then go back to silence. It’s been a year and we can’t even get some hints about what the new-new system will look like? I am just gobsmacked at the lack of professionalism.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

It’s not unprofessional. It’s very professional in the way of uncaring corporations concerned with their bottom line first. CYA at all times and personal feelings or loyalty just don’t have a place with this mentality. I’ve seen a lot of stuff that makes me just shake my head and sigh in my various jobs, and this attitude doesn’t surprise me at all. It’s absolutely par for the course and it’s disheartening.

If we want to talk of unprofessional, that would be the sloppy way the NPE was rolled out and the changes they slapped together to make it happen, but that’s for another thread and topic.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I just don’t see how it’s acceptable to make this announcement and then go back to silence. It’s been a year and we can’t even get some hints about what the new-new system will look like? I am just gobsmacked at the lack of professionalism.

But they told us it’s changing and it will be simplified. We should be dancing for joy.

Numfar, do the dance of joy.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

But they told us it’s changing and it will be simplified. We should be dancing for joy.

Numfar, do the dance of joy.

No longer do the dance of joy, Numfar! Numfar! Do the dance of Honor!

The table is a fable.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

Would it be a good compromise between the new and old system if the prices for blue traits were cut almost to nothing, green traits were set at half what they are? In addition to the quest unlock option as well of course.

It just seems to me that the only real change that is forced on anyone is the huge expense in skill points just to have a decent stable of traits for various builds. Lower that cost somehow and you deflate the argument of how it used to be better for certain styles/builds.

Or, here’s a thought, instead of specific quests for specific traits, how about quest lines that open a choice of traits?

Traits Part 2

Guhracie.3419

Would it be a good compromise between the new and old system if the prices for blue traits were cut almost to nothing, green traits were set at half what they are? In addition to the quest unlock option as well of course.

It just seems to me that the only real change that is forced on anyone is the huge expense in skill points just to have a decent stable of traits for various builds. Lower that cost somehow and you deflate the argument of how it used to be better for certain styles/builds.

Or, here’s a thought, instead of specific quests for specific traits, how about quest lines that open a choice of traits?

Yeah, it’s so weird that while looking for stopgap measures to take in order to make the system more bearable while they worked out a long-term fix, all the developers missed the suggestions to reduce the cost of obtaining traits.

A quest, similar in length to a single personal story mission segment (not one mission, but the branch that you unlock every 10 levels), to unlock the lines would be my preference.

I’m also of the opinion that rolling back the level at which traits are obtained is essential to a revamp. Start with 2 points at level 15, and 1 point every 5 levels thereafter. Unlock the middle tier at level 30, and top tier at 60.

Hunt for new traits.

-Mike O’Brien

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Generator Gawl.5142

Generator Gawl.5142

I’d even be okay with making the traits account unlocked so once you unlock a certain trait line with one character it’s available to all characters. Unfortunately that won’t help with anybodys main but it will take care of any issues with rolling an alt

Traits Part 2

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

As far as the pre-existing traits and skills that are next to useless, will they be addressed to be relevant in some way shape or form or are they just planning on adding more toys to our box full of broken ones?

Everyone has them, and I’m sure it wouldn’t take long to list them out from each profession. Even if they are mildly relevant to a certain kind of encounter, I hope they can at least be made worthwhile. I’d hate to experience the Gw1 skill selection where only a small percent was ever used because there would be skills that do the same job but better. Acquisition was great, just the prize wasn’t there always.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

As far as the pre-existing traits and skills that are next to useless, will they be addressed to be relevant in some way shape or form or are they just planning on adding more toys to our box full of broken ones?
(…)

This is what i fear with the next changes and the expansion itself.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: tevoro.1587

tevoro.1587

Gaile, I am looking at making a new character, but traits suck. If I make a new one will they be stuck in the current trait system when the new one comes out?
Plus, you know, any hints you can give us on when we’ll hear some concrete details? Next month vs still several months down the line?

Traits Part 2

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

I’m trying to get one of our “next to useless” traits back.

You see, Radiant Retaliation was introduced 11 months ago and completely stopped working after 6 months. For the last 5 months it has been completely non-functional (does nothing whatsoever) and it still costs 3g 20skill points.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guardian-Grandmaster-Trait-Radiant-Retaliation-still-bugged/first#4883806

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Radiant-Retaliation-still-100-broken/first#4737861

Traits Part 2

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

nope this is a misrepresentation. people wanted an alternate method to get new skills, which was basically like get 25-40 skill points.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

It’s been a year and we still know absolutely nothing about Traits 3.0.
Lol, Grats Anet! You’ve made it very clear that you couldn’t care less about your customers.

I bet they are waiting until this Thread reaches 83 pages before they will say something. That “something” being a cryptic and evasive response like, “We hear you and your feedback is important! (insert corporate approved smile here).”

April 15, 2014 — Never Forget!

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Traits Part 2

PookieDaWombat.6209

All snark and kidding aside, tomorrow is Tuesday and more importantly (as far as updates go for the game) the technical end of Q1.

So, if we are not to see an update to the Trait system tomorrow (since if there was one planned, surely someone would have long since spoken about it either here or in a news post), can we get an updated/more accurate potential delivery on the Traits 3.0 update?

Instead of painting yourselves into a corner with some Q2, Q3 like predictions, can we just get an honest assessment of where it falls on Anet’s priority list? Seriously.

If the answer is, “we are focusing 100% on getting HoT out the door so it won’t happen until after HoT’s release”, then fine. Just say so. Let us, the consumer, make our decisions based upon real honest information and not something cooked up by PR. I promise that level of honesty will work out more for Anet than stringing people along with silence. Silence only makes us shout louder and pick apart every little thing that has ever gotten under our skin. Its actually worse for Anet in the long run to be honest.

If it is something that is ready to fly in the next month or 2, say that as well, even if you can’t share details until a week or 2 out from it.

I’ve already taken my message of how i feel regarding this and other issues i’ve had lately to almost every board, and GW2 evangelists’ video comments section. I’ve aired the same complaints on the FB posts. I’m about to start hitting the game sites again to see who will listen and report on this. Its gotten past the point of absurd.

Anet said they wanted constructive feedback and input from us, but when we ask for the same kind of feedback we get nothing. When the customer doesn’t feel valued, they in turn tend to value the product or service less. Food for thought.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Been reading those Guild Wars comments. I don’t like skill collecting one bit. I’m forever stuck since I’m bored of my team and I can’t really make myself buy skills, or worse yet go capture elites.
The skill buying hit me as punishing ever since I noticed that the price from vendor starts at, I recall, 50 gold (1 gold in Guild Wars = the least possible amount of money) which is cheap, yay… only rising after every skill until it is 1 platinum (1000 gold), and… it just was a negative thing and I still can’t stand it. I did make temporary characters at one point to get monk skills without paying too much but that’s a pain. My monk heroes pretty much only have early skills available to them.
I hate “ruining my characters” by giving them too many secondary professions (meaning: ever changing it, it’s /R or /Rt… I of course never wanted to ever even touch all the professions either), and I have no interest running around capturing elites and especially don’t like looking them up. I have some ritualist elite skills, way less for ranger, I think one for elementalist and maybe two for assassin.
So that’s it for the Guild Wars nostalgia in my case. Enjoying that game somewhat for combat/team/pretty/ritualists… just not for the skill hunt aspect. :/
I wish I had noticed the discussion that I hear was going on at some point. Must’ve felt irrelevant and not danger at the time, I guess. I’m not too used to talking about things but feeling threatened like that I might’ve complained, or tried to at least. Or at least be warned somewhat of the unpleasantness that was to come like happened with many other things some which I did manage to notice and complain about. Not that it did anything other than be that warning to me I guess.

At any case, I’m still interested in hearing about the new trait system. I have a specific fear though, no matter what happens with trait system will old characters from before the april 2014 horror still keep the traits that once were meant for them? I made sure to have all characters I could think of at the time created before the change. I expect to still hate the updated system since it’s not going to be as accessible as the original with free resets anyway. I’d hate more if they lost their status.
I could use my about a year young – and the 947 days old – distant future “tomed 80s” for… JP chests I guess, if they end up being lost and mostly pointless…

Those somewhat cautiously looked forward to “tomed 80s” remind me of the future skill point limits which I also noticed discussed here and which worries me were skill points related to future traits or not. No matter what the high level content rewarding skill points is it’s not going to be something I want to have anything to do with, either because I don’t like combat/high end combat and zergs, or the general resentment I feel. Maybe JP chests will have skill point scrolls and the home instance skill point will reset daily and all will be as right in the world of Tyria as it ever can ever be anymore… /dreams

let the sky fall

Traits Part 2

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

[…SNIP]
If the answer is, “we are focusing 100% on getting HoT out the door so it won’t happen until after HoT’s release”, then fine. Just say so. Let us, the consumer, make our decisions based upon real honest information and not something cooked up by PR. I promise that level of honesty will work out more for Anet than stringing people along with silence. Silence only makes us shout louder and pick apart every little thing that has ever gotten under our skin. Its actually worse for Anet in the long run to be honest.

I hear ya, Pookie. I find it extremely irritating that the old thread was closed and this new one was opened based on “new information” that really had nothing to do with traits, and even more irritating that it has been in existence for about a month while being quite vigorously avoided by official sources that might be able to provide information on the actual subject this thread was created to discuss.

But I confess, my irritation has very little to do with the actual information that could be imparted and almost everything to do with the complete lack of respect this sort of silence demonstrates.

Yes, I know, it’s their policy not to discuss things in development, blah, blah, blah.

I don’t care why they have this policy. I do care that the underlying message is that they feel we are too simple to understand that information that may be shared is always subject to change. But rather than treat us like intelligent and rational people, they choose to lump all of us into the same category of people who insist they’ve been “promised” something.

They have the tools at their disposal to deal with that particular group of people. They are choosing not to, because it’s easier to treat us as if we’re all unreasonable and unintelligent.

I would really love to be a loyal customer, but they make it extremely difficult.

Now…about that trait revamp. How’s it coming? Is there really no update at all that can be given at this stage?

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

I enjoyed running out to get one or two elite skills with capture signets in GW, but if we’d had to get all of them it would have diminished my enjoyment for the game substantially. Even getting ascended to complete the story was enough of a hassle to keep me from doing it on more than one character.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

[…SNIP]

Now…about that trait revamp. How’s it coming? Is there really no update at all that can be given at this stage?

Unlike most other IT groups or management companies, ANet isn’t capable of rolling back changes. Its weird, but they have to “re-program” the change back to what it was. One would think it would be changing a few lines of code back to what it was, then BOOM! done, but not ANet. Its the weirdest thing. I tend to blame it on bad project management processes.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Nube one one seven.7039

Nube one one seven.7039

I hear ya, Pookie. I find it extremely irritating that the old thread was closed and this new one was opened based on “new information” that really had nothing to do with traits, and even more irritating that it has been in existence for about a month while being quite vigorously avoided by official sources that might be able to provide information on the actual subject this thread was created to discuss.

But I confess, my irritation has very little to do with the actual information that could be imparted and almost everything to do with the complete lack of respect this sort of silence demonstrates.

funny how the old thread was locked for being “repetitive”, but Anet’s extremely “repetitive” refusal to even consider a stop-gap “Band-Aid” solution to this INCREDIBLY short-term problem is even more so, (say something as small or simple as lowering the costs to be reasonable? How long would that honestly take I wonder? Not a whole month if their half as competent as they’d like everyone to believe I’d imagine, much less a whole YEAR)…………and yet, Anet has no problems with that.

I suspect it is not so much a lack of respect as it is a conclusion that individuals who are………“less than happy”, with the current trait system have been dubbed expendable,(and probably were dubbed so before this went live), and thus not extremely important.

We have our update, unsurprisingly enough, the “new info” was that there was new info.

Anet has this knack for “technically true………..but” just look at what they have said, and then correspondingly done.

Traits Part 2

PookieDaWombat.6209

To be fair, although setting it back to what it was might seem to be the “easiest” option, if you think about it long enough you can see it would be a complete nightmare for Anet. Especially on a PR front. Granted, it’d be of their own doing, but hear me out.

If they rolled it back to what it was (especially now or even 4 months into it) they still would have had and currently do have, a very large number of players that have most likely dropped a considerable amount of gold on unlocking traits for alts. Maybe they bought the traits because they just needed them faster, didn’t want to run to a map 10+ levels higher for an event, or the event they were at was bugged and they HAD to buy it. Regardless of the reason, they’ve dropped gold. Lots of it. If Anet reverted, they outcry for gold refunds in the game would be staggering and not something any of them would want to tackle. They essentially painted themselves into a corner on that particular front.

That, however, doesn’t mean that they couldn’t have price reduced the vost for buying them. Literally changing all costs by half probably would have resulted in far less complaining from the lot of us, and possibly even shown that they were listening.

And to be fair, they were kind of listening. just not to what we were actually saying. Instead they were listening to what we wanted and having their devs implement something new for HoT. We were essentially a boiler room/think tank for ways to improve progression as it pertains to the world after HoT, and THAT is what bugs me at the moment. Then the other thread was shutdown and this thread was made for us to speculate what could be coming (again) for traits, but with the lead in being info about…wait for it…HoT.

So can we just get a touch of honesty here? Are we even seeing a trait update before HoT drops? Yes or no. Direct question for a direct answer.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Traits Part 2

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

[…SNIP]

Unlike most other IT groups or management companies, ANet isn’t capable of rolling back changes. Its weird, but they have to “re-program” the change back to what it was. One would think it would be changing a few lines of code back to what it was, then BOOM! done, but not ANet. Its the weirdest thing. I tend to blame it on bad project management processes.

I’m sure they did backups before hand so they should be able to revert but it would probably revert other things at the same time. I doubt that is the reason why they won’t do it though. I’d put money that they don’t want to come out and say they were completely wrong and that the old system was perfect and didn’t need any changes. By changing it to a new system they can go to meetings and say they believe they were right in making changes but that they made the wrong ones and this next time things will be better. Its the kind of “I’m never wrong” attitude that anet has shown in the past.

As far as all the talk about when will the trait change come, I’d put money on it dropping the same time the HoT does. It would be kittened if it came after and it would be a wasted marketing chance if done before. Since if it drops at the same time they can market it like its part of the new expansion even if it is available for those that do not get the expansion. It would still be nice to hear it from anet though. A simple yes same time as HoT, or before HoT, or after HoT would all suffice. Sure we all want a more precise ETA but simple answers like that to our questions would go a long way. The arrogant silence was old a year ago. Its now on the we are incompetent and would rather stay quiet then say anything stupid side.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Mister zeeRo.8561

Mister zeeRo.8561

Universally hated Traits unlock system now available in Sepia and Airplaine mode…

…fantastic april fool’s joke Anet I’m sure the people over at Germanwings can appreciate your well timed humor.

I would tip my Top hat which i bought on your gemstore but it has been replaced by an aviator cap.

Golf clap to you , ppl in charge at Anet , Golf clap

Unlocking Traits is a Nightmare since April 2014
One year & 90+ pages of outcry later : NOTHING

Traits Part 2

PookieDaWombat.6209

Wait…let me get this straight (since i’ve not logged into the game for a couple of days): the April Fools joke this year has to do with airplanes?

Wow.

OK.

Oh, and hello Q2. How you doin’?

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Traits Part 2

Guhracie.3419

Wait…let me get this straight (since i’ve not logged into the game for a couple of days): the April Fools joke this year has to do with airplanes?

Wow.

OK.

Everyone is running around in an aviator cap, with their arms outstretched, making “NYEEEEEEER” noises, and there’s a jaunty silent-movie-era tune that plays when you die. I seriously hope they add in the emote /plane for use in the game. It’s amusing. I’ve been jumping off the side of Rata Sum just to hear the music. I don’t understand why people want to make it political, when it’s obviously not.

So, on that note: It’s now April. Any chance we could have some real, concrete information about what is being done to fix the trait debacle? 2 weeks away from the one-year anniversary.

-Mike O’Brien

Traits Part 2

PookieDaWombat.6209

Wow.

OK.

Everyone is running around in an aviator cap, with their arms outstretched, making “NYEEEEEEER” noises, and there’s a jaunty silent-movie-era tune that plays when you die. I seriously hope they add in the emote /plane for use in the game. It’s amusing. I’ve been jumping off the side of Rata Sum just to hear the music. I don’t understand why people want to make it political, when it’s obviously not.

So, on that note: It’s now April. Any chance we could have some real, concrete information about what is being done to fix the trait debacle? 2 weeks away from the one-year anniversary.

Aaaah, okie. Yeah, I can’t really see the outrage RE: the joke. I think people would have been more kittened off is a zombie Gwen sprung to life to rain down death on them at all of the home cities.

That being said, yes i’d love to know if we are hearing anything by the time the anniversary of this trait nonsense.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

Traits Part 2

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Wow.

OK.

Aaaah, okie. Yeah, I can’t really see the outrage RE: the joke. I think people would have been more kittened off is a zombie Gwen sprung to life to rain down death on them at all of the home cities.

That being said, yes i’d love to know if we are hearing anything by the time the anniversary of this trait nonsense.

makes me want a zombie event where all enemy humanoids are changed in classic zombies :P (not risen btw, they will only make things worse)

Traits Part 2

Guhracie.3419

At this point, this whole thing feels like a joke. This new thread feels like a terrible joke. I guess it was just too inconvenient to have an 83-page thread on the front page all the time. This makes it look like less of an issue, I guess?

-Mike O’Brien

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

On the bright side, I suppose by the time this fiasco gets resolved, the alts I haven’t been playing will have birthday gifts waiting in their inboxes when I finally log them in.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

So…..is anyone planing a party in a couple of weeks to celebrate the anniversary of this highly successful and not at all borked and wildly popular system?

………….Anyone?

I’m all for giving second chances, and I’ve had some private communication with someone from Anet that made me feel valued for a while. Certainly that individual values the players. Such a shame the company as an entity clearly doesn’t.

As I’ve said before, I have no hype, no excitement, not even any plans to buy HoT at this juncture. Why support a game that, for numerous reasons, albeit traits being a major one, I no longer enjoy anywhere near as much as I did. And a lot of that is due to us having to wait and wait and wait and wait for information and changes. A year of this has just destroyed any trust i have in Anet’s ability to react quickly and appropriately to feedback, and shows they know a lot about makinga fun game, but not so much in keeping it that way and even less about showing the playerbase that they are valued, and sorting out the problems they have. Very nearly a year since this was introduced. Off the top of my head, I think 7 months since someone at Anet first said that feedback was very valid and changes should be made. A month or two since two slightly conflicting posts giving clues to different timescales for changes (first was talking about possible quarters, the other was simply it would be in as part of HoT changes, without saying before or at HoT launch). As a player I just feel completely mucked about by Anet.

I log in purely for log-in rewards and go. The game has become a glorified facebook game for me. Thanks, Anet.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

So…..is anyone planing a party in a couple of weeks to celebrate the anniversary of this highly successful and not at all borked and wildly popular system?

………….Anyone?

I may have to organize a Memorial Service on April 15th.

That date will mark 1 year since plucky little Radiant Retaliation joined our family, but it also marks roughly 6 months since any sign of functionality at all was sighted. Truly tragic when it happens to one so young. Commiseration and tiny sandwiches.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Guardian-Grandmaster-Trait-bugged/first#post4883806

Traits Part 2

Guhracie.3419

We’ve hit the first weekend in April with no news. Whomever is allowing this silence to stand should have to answer to all the people who get angry when it is finally revealed that they’ve spent an insane amount of gold/skillpoints/time on a system that is now defunct… possibly (?) for a system that is even worse.

-Mike O’Brien

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

Figured it was time to peek back and see how horrible things are. Been a couple months since I checked in here.

I really loved this game, the trait change turned me off, my friends who I’d got to come to gw2 from another game left about month after the trait changes happened.

In a way I was lucky as I had 7 lvl 80’s with all traits, but the change made me loose all interest in making an 8th. Basically I have not liked the changes made to the game since that patch.

Hearing about a “new-new” trait system has me curious, though still not at all convinced this next iteration will be any better. It’s just morbid curiosity now, really. How awful will it be?

It’d be nice be able to have fun in gw2 again, but I am not getting my hopes up. I just seriously doubt they will make the game as fun as it once was for me. Can’t bring myself to actually log in as it is anymore.

Traits Part 2

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Can we get some information on changes coming to the trait system? I have a friend who I recently brought into the game and it’s such a bummer that he has to unlock so many traits. Any information?