Treasure Trove/ Deep Cave Permission Levels?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neksis Syxx.6983

Neksis Syxx.6983

I’m not sure if there is a preexisting thread regarding this issue; the ‘Search’ function for these forums has never worked and always returns ‘0 results.’ I did see one thread but it has been archived.

IMHO, if the Deep Cave is merely an extension of the Treasure Trove then it shouldn’t have its own area to deposit money—-or else it should have its own permission level.

The current way the two sections are arranged is confusing and it is because of this confusion that our guild bank was looted. We lost 67 gold and quite a bit of valuable materials and recipes.

Looking at the permissions, you can see that there is an assignable permission for the Treasure Trove but nothing is mentioned of the Deep Cave. Because each has its own money deposit/ withdrawal section, I along with other players believed that they were separate sections of the guild bank. and didn’t share the same access level. We believed that the Treasure Trove permissions were exclusive to the section of the bank which is named the ‘Treasure Trove.’

Again, this confusion could be avoided by either removing the money deposit/ withdrawal mechanic from either of the two sections or assigning the Deep Cave its own permission level. I personally believe that the latter option would be a better choice as it affords guilds more utility in managing their resources.

Or at the very least, a tool tip or note explaining that the assignable permission level is the same for both sections could be included and, hopefully, help others from having to learn the hard way.

Just Us Grown Ups [JUGs] – http://jugs-guild.com

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I hope they go with the choice of assigning a separate permission choice for each area.

I came here right after we got the second area of the guild bank to ask where permission was set and was told that they were the same. It should be clear in the guild window that it is the same, at the very least, you are right that should be added in game.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Yeah, it’s a mess…

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

The fact that the Trove and cave are of the same permissions really makes me alot more wary of allowing my members access to the other tiers of the bank to begin with.

Been hoping they’d implement this when they mentioned the ‘anti griefing measure for guilds’ but sadly I haven’t even noticed a single change in that manner at all. Let alone one that could be helpful like this.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: RAB.7682

RAB.7682

2017, and this issue still has not been fixed…
Deep Cave needs it’s own permission set.

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Why is this still a thing? its just as bad as the recruit permissions being tied into the kick permissions… they are separate things and should have separate permissions

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Woodsman Silencio.9361

Woodsman Silencio.9361

My suggestion would be to first rename the Deep Cave and Treasure Trove to a similar name. Something like
Treasure Trove South Wing / Treasure Trove North Wing
of my favourite:
Deep Cave South Wing / Deep Cave North Wing

This has 2 advantages that i can think of:
1. It is more clear that you give permission for both of the parts of said parts of the guild storage
2. It wil be easily possible to add more storage to guild banks in the future if needed.

Then to suggestion of the poster:
Yes i would like to see seperate permissions for each part of the guild bank storage. However i do realice that any permission coding is a headache. The logic to make it work propper can be a tedious task. And then the testing of it can be an even bigger headache. So yes i would like to see it but i am not expecting it soon.
( Maybe it’s a good test for the logical prowers of a new developer ? )

Co-founder and Co-leader of: Global Guild of Dark.