Trenchcoat wars 2

Trenchcoat wars 2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Seriously? another trenchcoat? Is that all you can manage at ArenaNet. Can you do a slim armor that is tight to the body and looks fit for war. I’m not cinderella for kittens sake.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Cinderella wears a trenchcoat?

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

tbf, it’s a smexy coat.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I know where he is coming from, the vast majority of recently released outfits have had butt capes for some reason.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

They hide the fact that Norn badly missed out on Leg Day.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

I just hope that the Legendary Medium armor doesnt have a trenchcoat look.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Skyworn.5920

Skyworn.5920

It does.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hmmmmmm. Maybe it will.

(Precursor: Medium envoy armor)

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

What’s with the trenchcoat hate in the game? Would rather have trenches than the perpetual tights that every other mmo has.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

We would like variety.

That said, I would love for Anet to explain why we say “no more skirts” and then all they do is skirts, including for Legendary Armor! There doesn’t seem to be any mechanical reason for it since there are a (very) few tops without skirts attached. So is there some kind of contract: “must have skirts”? Or did some artist do hundreds of armor drawings that you feel must be used even if it makes your players upset?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Cinderella wears a trenchcoat?

yes

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I’d love for light armors to be able to use medium armors leg-pieces, so I can actually see them for once, and so I can have something that isn’t a silly skimpy skirt on light armor.

Wouldn’t mind a couple of the light armor chest pieces on medium armor as well, for same reason, so I can actually see the legs for once.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

Even though it looks like the legendary medium will have a coat, a small part of me believes it won’t. Just to keep myself happy about it lol.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

Seriously?

For years, MMOs have almost always had skimpy outfits for female characters. Now, for once, we get a game that has clothing meant to make females look epic rather than kittenty, and you demand it changed even though you already have what you want on thousands of other games out there?

That’s just greed man. There are already some skimpy outfits in game, you should look elsewhere or find other activities if it’s not enough and if you’re looking for something different.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Just a flesh wound.3589

Seriously?

For years, MMOs have almost always had skimpy outfits for female characters. Now, for once, we get a game that has clothing meant to make females look epic rather than kittenty, and you demand it changed even though you already have what you want on thousands of other games out there?

That’s just greed man. There are already some skimpy outfits in game, you should look elsewhere or find other activities if it’s not enough and if you’re looking for something different.

The discussion is about the number of trenchcoats on medium armor, not skimpiness. Armor can not have a trenchcoat and also not be skimpy.

ANet may give it to you.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Now, for once, we get a game that has clothing meant to make females look epic rather than kittenty,

We must be playing two different versions of GW2… ’cause even if epic-looking clothing is an option for females, I see WAY more female PCs with skimpy and over-sexualized appearances in-game (and the screenshots people post of their characters) than I see with something epic and/or sensible for battle.

~EW

Trenchcoat wars 2

Dawnbreaker.6215

Now, for once, we get a game that has clothing meant to make females look epic rather than kittenty,

We must be playing two different versions of GW2… ’cause even if epic-looking clothing is an option for females, I see WAY more female PCs with skimpy and over-sexualized appearances in-game (and the screenshots people post of their characters) than I see with something epic and/or sensible for battle.

~EW

It’s no news that players in MMOs rush for the skimpy outfits even if those aren’t the main trend, most people need to compensate for other activities they don’t seem to have. But in that case, what are you complaining about? You have what you want. There’s some trench coats, so what? You can reskin your gear so just do it if you don’t like it.

I have the Aetherblade medium set skin on my engineer, it’s neither a trench coat nor is it skimpy. I really can’t see the problem you could possibly have, unless your objective is to get trench coats out of GW2, which isn’t going to happen.

Also if the game’s artists like medium trench coats then who are you to tell them otherwise? It’s their game.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Just a flesh wound.3589

~EW

It’s no news that players in MMOs rush for the skimpy outfits even if those aren’t the main trend, most people need to compensate for other activities they don’t seem to have. But in that case, what are you complaining about? You have what you want. There’s some trench coats, so what? You can reskin your gear so just do it if you don’t like it.

I have the Aetherblade medium set skin on my engineer, it’s neither a trench coat nor is it skimpy. I really can’t see the problem you could possibly have, unless your objective is to get trench coats out of GW2, which isn’t going to happen.

Also if the game’s artists like medium trench coats then who are you to tell them otherwise? It’s their game.

lol. It’s a business selling to customers. Not a fashion show for themselves. If customers don’t like what’s being offered then they should say so and say what they want. Do you actually think ANet doesn’t want to know what is liked or disliked when they sell something in the gemstore?

ANet may give it to you.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

In that case, what are you complaining about? You have what you want. There’s some trench coats, so what? You can reskin your gear so just do it if you don’t like it.

How am I complaining?… I’m just saying that female non-sexual attire options aren’t as prolific as you’re making them out to be.

Again, what problem do I have? Or are you now talking to the OP?

I love trenchcoats… I just don’t like playing the medium-armor wearing classes. I wish more trenchcoats were available in the other armor weights… just like I’d love to see more skimpier male armor. Lord Faren’s Loincloth outfit needs to happen.

Now I’m convinced you’re not talking to me anymore, lol.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Trenchcoat wars 2

Dawnbreaker.6215

~EW

lol. It’s a business selling to customers. Not a fashion show for themselves. If customers don’t like what’s being offered then they should say so and say what they want. Do you actually think ANet doesn’t want to know what is liked or disliked when they sell something in the gemstore?

You can convince them to nerf or buff classes and make some minor changes here and there, but I highly doubt you can ever make them change the theme or design choices of their game, no more than you can change the core mechanics of its gameplay. They’d just tell you to go look elsewhere.

You buy the game knowing what you’re gettng, it doesn’t grant you any say in how it should be directed, if you think so you should read your ToS all over again.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

You buy the game knowing what you’re gettng, it doesn’t grant you any say in how it should be directed, if you think so you should read your ToS all over again.

That’s pretty funny.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Just a flesh wound.3589

~EW

You can convince them to nerf or buff classes and make some minor changes here and there, but I highly doubt you can ever make them change the theme or design choices of their game, no more than you can change the core mechanics of its gameplay. They’d just tell you to go look elsewhere.

What are you talking about? The OP is about the gemstore outfit which is another trenchcoat. Asking for non trenchcoat outfits is against ToS? As for armor, there are non trenchcoat medium armors so asking for more non trenchcoat armor is against ToS? Were you aware that female Charr and Asura only had male armor and outfits at launch and because of feedback from people wanting female armor and outfits for them they now are getting female outfits and armor?

Against ToS?? Really? Lol.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: MisterOiZo.4359

MisterOiZo.4359

Agree on this, designers at anet do seem to love weird looking armour and they cannot get enough of trench-coats and also butt-capes for that matter, even tho nobody seems to like them, but then the anet ppl say; ppl seem to wear them so they must like them right..? Well lets just see how true that is when you start making actual cool amours.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Dawnbreaker.6215

~EW

What are you talking about? The OP is about the gemstore outfit which is another trenchcoat. Asking for non trenchcoat outfits is against ToS? As for armor, there are non trenchcoat medium armors so asking for more non trenchcoat armor is against ToS? Were you aware that female Charr and Asura only had male armor and outfits at launch and because of feedback from people wanting female armor and outfits for them they now are getting female outfits and armor?

Never once said “against ToS”, why deform what I said?

I said that in ToS it’s stated nowhere that you have any power in the developper’s decisions, unlike you seem to think.

But hey, try it all you like, I’ll grab some popcorn and watch you. Tell you what, I’ll give you 100 gold if you can collectively convince the devs to alter the appearance of the legendary medium armor set. Go ahead and prove me wrong.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Just a flesh wound.3589

~EW

Never once said “against ToS”, why deform what I said?

I said that in ToS it’s stated nowhere that you have any power in the developper’s decisions, unlike you seem to think.

But hey, try it all you like, I’ll grab some popcorn and watch you. Tell you what, I’ll give you 100 gold if you can collectively convince the devs to alter the appearance of the legendary medium armor set. Go ahead and prove me wrong.

Not about Legendary armor. That’s already too far along, which means it’s a pointless bet since it can’t be done.

Your argument is that the players can’t effect changes in design through feedback. So, my counter argument is where they have made changes in design from player feedback.

1) Female Charr and Asura armor. When the game was first released the lore said that female Asura and female Charr only wore male armor/townclothes as they did not have human type sexual differentiation in what they wore. After numerous posts and threads asking for human typical feminine armor/outfits ANet started doing so. Therefore feedback altered what the lore said and what ANet wanted for these two races.

2) dungeons were heavily nerfed with heart of thorns because ANet wants to move away from dungeons and into raids and fractals. Because of feedback ANet has mostly reversed the nerf to dungeons and brought the old dungeons back to the game.

3) Orr. It was supposed to be the hardest map in game at launch where armies of players worked together to open up the temples. After player feedback ANet reversed this and now Orr is in line with the other maps and solo friendly. A reversal of design base on feedback.

4) Arah and the personal story. This was supposed to be group content where players finished the personal story together. This game design was reversed and the story dungeon was made solo friendly due to player feedback.

5) HoT. ANet wanted the future maps after vanilla tyria to be hard endgame content. Nerfed due player feedback. Not added back in the succeeding maps.

6) raids. Not in game at launch. Added after multiple player requests.

Your argument is that they don’t change due to player feedback and we should read ToS to see this? They have done so all through the game.

ANet may give it to you.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Dawnbreaker.6215

Ok my reply post glitched so whatever.

Look I don’t like skimpy gear either and I have to deal with it being in game. The way I deal with it is: I don’t use it. If you don’t like trenchcoats, don’t use them, it’s simple.

I mean, do you see me making whiny treads asking Anet to stop making skimpy gear? I think not.

Can’t see any problem here still, I just see a lot of whining.

(edited by Dawnbreaker.6215)

Trenchcoat wars 2

Just a flesh wound.3589

Look I don’t like skimpy gear either and I have to deal with it being in game. The way I deal with it is: I don’t use it. If you don’t like trenchcoats, don’t use them, it’s simple.

I mean, do you see me making whiny treads asking Anet to stop making skimpy gear? I think not.

If Anet had your opinion on the matter of player feedback affecting game design and change they would never had made the above changes I listed. They also wouldn’t have made the wardrobe, combined individual karma, combined incoming gold, given the Revenant weapons swap, WvW reward tracks and added WvW polling to learn their opinions on what to change, and more. All from player feedback that has changed the game.

ANet may give it to you.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

Agree on this, designers at anet do seem to love weird looking armour and they cannot get enough of trench-coats and also butt-capes for that matter, even tho nobody seems to like them, but then the anet ppl say; ppl seem to wear them so they must like them right..? Well lets just see how true that is when you start making actual cool amours.

I like the trench coat on my thief. He’s worn it for years although he’s accessorized it with different head and shoulder pieces. Even wears outfits from time to time. Those black sport sunglasses and a trench coat…pure Matrix-like goodness especially with dual pistols, Trinity style.

I don’t seem to like trench coats, I do like them. If that makes me a nobody, then so be it.

Having said that, I do agree that variety is a good thing. More is always better.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: ParanoidKami.2867

ParanoidKami.2867

I really hope it’s a trenchcoat. Sylvari have really thin bodies and only look good in something bulky. Would suck to spend all this time raiding to have the armour not look good on your character by design.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

I like the trench coat on my thief. He’s worn it for years although he’s accessorized it with different head and shoulder pieces. Even wears outfits from time to time. Those black sport sunglasses and a trench coat…pure Matrix-like goodness especially with dual pistols, Trinity style.

Yup, that works pretty well. It also works on an Engineer. But I can also understand if people are fed up. But my Thief wears this since I started that character.

It works pretty well in all aspects (shooting pistols, dagger fights, etc.)
While I do not like Matrix, I still think it works good because smaller pistols (like the darksteel ones) or daggers are literally hidden.

Also many of the emotes work well with a Trenchcoat, because jumping in joy makes no sense in a heavy armor.

Excelsior.

Attachments:

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

even though you already have what you want on thousands of other games out there?

We have thousands of other games?

I thought we bought this one.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Dawnbreaker.6215

If Anet had your opinion on the matter of player feedback affecting game design and change they would never had made the above changes I listed. They also wouldn’t have made the wardrobe, combined individual karma, combined incoming gold, given the Revenant weapons swap, WvW reward tracks and added WvW polling to learn their opinions on what to change, and more. All from player feedback that has changed the game.

They listen to player feedback when they find player feedback reasonable enough.

If the majority of the community was asking for this game’s gameplay to be trinity based (tanks/healers/nukers like in WoW), then they wouldn’t listen either, because it would be too extreme. And what you are asking seems too extreme as well.

You have several different styles of armor at your disposal, from kinky to epic, and you are demanding to have one style to stop existing. That doesn’t seem like something they would do. There’s people who like trenchcoats and I don’t see why you should be allowed to impose your tastes on them, if they aren’t trying to impose their tastes on you.

Don’t you have transmutation charges? Use them. Get the gear you like, no one is stopping you from doing that.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

When I see the plethora of trench coats in GW2, I find myself wishing that Peter Jackson put Vigo Mortenson into a short jacket rather than a duster. Maybe then we could have greater variety. As it is, Anet would have to produce dozens, if not over a hundred, looks just to catch up. It’s so 2001.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Just a flesh wound.3589

They listen to player feedback when they find player feedback reasonable enough.

If the majority of the community was asking for this game’s gameplay to be trinity based (tanks/healers/nukers like in WoW), then they wouldn’t listen either, because it would be too extreme. And what you are asking seems too extreme as well.

You have several different styles of armor at your disposal, from kinky to epic, and you are demanding to have one style to stop existing. That doesn’t seem like something they would do. There’s people who like trenchcoats and I don’t see why you should be allowed to impose your tastes on them, if they aren’t trying to impose their tastes on you.

Don’t you have transmutation charges? Use them. Get the gear you like, no one is stopping you from doing that.

“And what you are asking seems too extreme as well.”

You’re actually suggesting that making more of cosmetic look A instead of cosmetic look B is too extreme where both are already in game?

I’m sorry, but your opinion in this is terribad. It’s a request to make more of one cosmetic look instead of another cosmetic look where both are in game. It’s not a request that’s on the level of a revamp of the whole game to switch to trinity based play.

" and you are demanding to have one style to stop existing."
Who is distorting words now? Show me where I said that. It’s a request to increase the numbers of non trenchcoats by making more non trenchcoats with future armor creations. It’s not a request to have no more trenchcoats made or remove trenchcoats from the game.

ANet is a company selling a product to us and we are its customers. While ANet does want to make the best game it can, it can and should be flexible on non important cosmetics suggestions such as this one. Your saying that we shouldn’t make these types of suggestions and that they are “whining” is actually bad for ANet and its pocket book. It isn’t in touch with how companies pay attention to their customers wishes. Cosmetics that people don’t like don’t sell as well. Unhappy customers not only don’t put money in ANet’s pockets but will eventually move on to games that do pay attention to cosmetic suggestions and give those companies their money.

Your suggestion of no suggestions leads to financial losses for ANet and is a bad idea.

ANet may give it to you.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Super lame the female outfit doesn’t look like the male. Norns are modest now? uh huh..

Trenchcoat wars 2

Dawnbreaker.6215

You’re actually suggesting that making more of cosmetic look A instead of cosmetic look B is too extreme where both are already in game?

I’m sorry, but your opinion in this is terribad. It’s a request to make more of one cosmetic look instead of another cosmetic look where both are in game. It’s not a request that’s on the level of a revamp of the whole game to switch to trinity based play.

Who is distorting words now? Show me where I said that. It’s a request to increase the numbers of non trenchcoats by making more non trenchcoats with future armor creations. It’s not a request to have no more trenchcoats made or remove trenchcoats from the game.

ANet is a company selling a product to us and we are its customers. While ANet does want to make the best game it can, it can and should be flexible on non important cosmetics suggestions such as this one. Your saying that we shouldn’t make these types of suggestions and that they are “whining” is actually bad for ANet and its pocket book. It isn’t in touch with how companies pay attention to their customers wishes. Cosmetics that people don’t like don’t sell as well. Unhappy customers not only don’t put money in ANet’s pockets but will eventually move on to games that do pay attention to cosmetic suggestions and give those companies their money.

Your suggestion of no suggestions leads to financial losses for ANet and is a bad idea.

Yet the game’s still running fine with all its trenchcoats, and I highly doubt you’d leave just because you don’t like them. I think what we have here is the case of you being a small yet loud minority that ANet has no reason to care about. They really could add 10 more trenchcoats and their number of customers wouldn’t drop even 0.01%.

I mean the fishtank shield should be an obvious example that ANet just do what they want on this matter and there’s little you can do about it. If you can’t see that then I wonder just how divorced you are from reality.

I like the trenchcoats, love GW2’s theme, got nothing to complain about here personally. If you ain’t happy, use transmutation charges. See ya

Trenchcoat wars 2

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yet the game’s still running fine with all its trenchcoats, and I highly doubt you’d leave just because you don’t like them. I think what we have here is the case of you being a small yet loud minority that ANet has no reason to care about. They really could add 10 more trenchcoats and their number of customers wouldn’t drop even 0.01%.

I mean the fishtank shield should be an obvious example that ANet just do what they want on this matter and there’s little you can do about it. If you can’t see that then I wonder just how divorced you are from reality.

I like the trenchcoats, love GW2’s theme, got nothing to complain about here personally. If you ain’t happy, use transmutation charges. See ya

Transmuting charges on the what, two male non trenchcoat options? Why thank you. Such a useful suggestion. /s

I wonder how you can’t see that all they are asking for is more variety, which will benefit the game and its income. The game has lots of cosmetic A (trenchcoat) and very little cosmetic B (non trenchcoat). Why, I wonder, is variety and choice something you feel the need to stifle and say it’s not reasonable to ask for in a cosmetic based game. They’ve most certainly responded to requests before. More variety, happier consumers. More money for ANet. It won’t even cost ANet extra money to make as the armor model is already in game, it’s simply far fewer. I do hope ANet doesn’t pay attention to people like you who say, don’t give your customers more variety. That is a bad business model and leads to loss of income.

ANet may give it to you.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Dawnbreaker.6215

2? Where? I just looked up human male medium armor and I counted arguably 16 non-trenchcoat armors… not counting outfits.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Just a flesh wound.3589

2? Where? I just looked up human male medium armor and I counted arguably 16 non-trenchcoat armors… not counting outfits.

We are talking about what the OP has said “Can you do a slim armor that is tight to the body”

Trenchcoat is shorthand on the forums (and has been used for months with this meaning) for all the armor that is not tight to the body but has a coat that extends past the waistline.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Human_male_medium_armor

/shrug at any rate, I argued my point that variety is good both for the game and for ANet’s wallet. I’ll let you have the last word as I know you don’t see that variety is good, but hopefully ANet will pay attention to us and not you.

See ya

ANet may give it to you.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Trenchcoat is shorthand on the forums (and has been used for months with this meaning) for all the armor that is not tight to the body but has a coat that extends past the waistline.

So basically we are using a arbitrary definition of “trenchcoat” that has nothing to do with what a trenchcoat actually is.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Trenchcoat wars 2

Just a flesh wound.3589

So basically we are using a arbitrary definition of “trenchcoat” that has nothing to do with what a trenchcoat actually is.

And the other forum term you need to learn is buttcape, which means excess cloth that’s hanging off a woman’s hips like a cape hanging off her butt.

See. Not so hard once you know the lingo.

ANet may give it to you.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I don’t mind trenchcoats, and choose that look for some of my numerous characters (41 currently). But I would like more non-coat options, both as outfits and armor. Choice is good, and we already have too many trenchcoat choices.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Trenchcoat wars 2

Just a flesh wound.3589

ANet may give it to you.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Djinn.9245

So you’re saying that 60-70% of armor HAS “trenchcoats” and even more for Males! Wow, that’s a lot of trenchcoats. And let’s look at these options more closely:

Prowler: Crafted (male = very long skirt)
Hellfire: Chest is at least 30,000 AP (still has a skirt)
Strider: Gem Store
Viper: Gem Store
Aetherblade: Gem Store (female has skirt, male has trenchcoat)
Krytan: Gem Store (male has trenchcoat)
Glorious: PvP
Glorious Hero: PvP
Sneakthief: Loot (male = very long skirt)
Illustrious: Crafted Ascended (some skirts)
Scout’s: Human Cultural
Assassin: Human Cultural (side skirt)
Evergreen: Sylvari Cultural (female buttcape, male long skirt)
Nightshade: Sylvari Cultural (buttcape)
Duelist: Karma

So, many are very limited: 1 is 30k AP (how many players are there?), 1 is Ascended, 2 are PvP only, 4 are Cultural.

The rest are reasonable to get: 4 are Gem Store, 1 is Crafted, 1 is Karma, 1 is Loot

And out of all you list, most still have some skirt (which is the usual objection for trenchcoats) and most of the skirts are on the male version which is also used for female Asura and Charr!

Does non-skirt armor look a bit more limited now?!!

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

(edited by Djinn.9245)

Trenchcoat wars 2

Dawnbreaker.6215

No, and also skirt =/= trenchcoat. Do you not know what a trenchcoat is? I don’t care that you and your friends have collectively decided to change the meaning of the word “trenchcoat”, a trenchcoat is a trenchcoat, not a skirt or a jacket.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Djinn.9245

“Trenchcoat is shorthand on the forums (and has been used for months with this meaning) for all the armor that is not tight to the body but has a coat that extends past the waistline. "

Yeah so you want to eat the cake and still have it.

Look you can have armor that is not a trenchcoat and is not tight to the body either.

I mean I get what this all is about, you want skimpy armor. Well go play Skyrim and download some mods, Skyrim Nexus is full of anime bikini armors perfect for you.

Lol, why are you responding so offensively? I have no idea what you are referring to with the cake statement.

What it comes down to is that most of the armor in GW2 has some kind of skirt. We would like a better variety. There is nothing wrong with that.

I also don’t understand the point of putting words in peoples’ mouths – if people wanted bikinis they would ask for them. There are already threads asking for that.

If you think the armor in GW2 is fine, you are entitled to your opinion. But so are others.

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

So you’re saying that 60-70% of armor HAS “trenchcoats” and even more for Males! Wow, that’s a lot of trenchcoats. And let’s look at these options more closely:

Prowler: Crafted (male = very long skirt)
Hellfire: Chest is at least 30,000 AP (still has a skirt)
Strider: Gem Store
Viper: Gem Store
Aetherblade: Gem Store (female has skirt, male has trenchcoat)
Krytan: Gem Store (male has trenchcoat)
Glorious: PvP
Glorious Hero: PvP
Sneakthief: Loot (male = very long skirt)
Illustrious: Crafted Ascended (some skirts)
Scout’s: Human Cultural
Assassin: Human Cultural (side skirt)
Evergreen: Sylvari Cultural (female buttcape, male long skirt)
Nightshade: Sylvari Cultural (buttcape)
Duelist: Karma

So, many are very limited: 1 is 30k AP (how many players are there?), 1 is Ascended, 2 are PvP only, 4 are Cultural.

The rest are reasonable to get: 4 are Gem Store, 1 is Crafted, 1 is Karma, 1 is Loot

And out of all you list, most still have some skirt (which is the usual objection for trenchcoats) and most of the skirts are on the male version which is also used for female Asura and Charr!

Sorry, I didnt count skirts as trenchcoats because theyre 100% something else. Plus i skipped a few because i only saw the human female gallery. Maybe some females i skipped didnt have a trenchcoat or skirt on the male model

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

“Trenchcoats” is just a mock term the forums have developed to describe the overabundance (on medium armor) of upper clothes that fall down over the waist, covering the leg clothing, specially the rear area.

“Buttcape” is the equivalent to describe “peplums”, skirts that cover the leg clothing, in this case attached to the lower clothes, that are also overabundant for light armor in the game.

People can argue as much as they want about what is a Trenchcoat and what isn’t, or how skimpy this or that armor design is. Whatever they said on that respect doesn’t add anything valuable to solve the lack of variety on the overall designs for each weight armor, which is the reason for this kind of thread, that have become commonplace.

So, a few questions:

If you already have enough Medium armor “leg-covering upper clothes” (Since “trenchcoat” seems hard to understand), wouldn’t you like to have another alternatives? I would like a few simple jackets, for example.

If you like Trenchcoats, would you like to have more of them in Light and Heavy armor?
I know I would.

In the case you really DON’T want more variety… Really? Then please say so, clearly, instead of debating moot points for the mere sake of debating.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Trenchcoat wars 2

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Here is a radical idea. Anet doesn’t want to pony up for more armor sets? So many are tired of outfits because it creates clones and stifles creativity? I saw a suggestion somewhere on this forum about the possibility of Anet creating just individual pieces. How about a shirt? Just a plain shirt- no shoulderpads, highrise or otherwise, no frou-frou or doo-dads, just a plain shirt. I am amazed how many games overlook the basics, even with their players calling for them.

There are some individual (tho pretty ugly) single pieces of armor in the gem store already. Why not add a few basic street clothes?

One big gripe I have, that they added a butt-cape to to the Hall of Monuments medium armor. Why on earth ruin it like that? I much preferred the original and would love to have access to that version.

(edited by Nikal.4921)