Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

With the new Champion rewards system, the already “abused” Queensdale will become even more populated. This is good because in there and few other places – Foothills and Ascalon – most people are doing their dailies.
I am sure these Champions will have the most rotation possible and as we start to see more and more people wearing legendaries, so we will start to see them wearing the Queensdale rewards
People are hunting champions which are easy to beat for the fun of it or easy leveling, so i guess this system won’t make people explore new Chanpions untill Wiki will post the new rewards pictures

(edited by Ronah.2869)

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

for what i read around the forums, be it official or not, the fine rewards will depend on map level, ie slivers or what not from champs in 1-15 maps, hopefully this is the case

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I only ever get kitten from them, and the only incentive to do them is dailies or monthly. I think even got a ripped hide or something as dumb yesterday.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Not sure how to take this post…. therefore it gets high marks from me.

Just thinking about people actually farming “l00tz” this way though, makes me sad…

Especially since I can already solo much harder Champions … on a ranger …. in melee

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

What’s the deal with those 4 champs right now? Do they actually drop something worthwhile or why do people farm them?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Wolfsergi.2537

Wolfsergi.2537

Easy fast exp karma. Basicly nonstop train.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Queensdale is also good for dailies and monthlies due to many events that include veterans, champs and are on fast recharge. I spent some time in Ashford plains and it was much slower. Hoping ANet won’t simply tinker with QD but rather buff the event / champ rates for other areas instead.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Hoping ANet won’t simply tinker with QD but rather buff the event / champ rates for other areas instead.

Indeed, hoping the same.. I’m getting bored to run around in Queensdale/Wayfarer for daily, if only a higher level area would have the same amount of events/champs/vets…

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

if only a higher level area would have the same amount of events/champs/vets…

You have got to be kidding…

Queensdale – 6 champions

Fields of Ruin – 13 champions

Malchor’s Leap – 8 champions

Cursed Shore – 12 champions

Lots of areas – 5-6 champions

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

If you want to farm champions at a higher level but still want to out level them, wouldn’t Sparkfly Fen be better?

I am thinking of the lab near where Tequatl spawns…the event happens very regular and if there are enough players you get loads and loads of krait champions. Its harder than Queensdale but they still die fairly quickly and most 80’s should be able to do it without getting downed/dieing…

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Queensdale – 6 champions

You have got to be misreading..
Champs, events, vets.. You only mention Champs (and indeed, I know Fields holds more than QD)..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Queensdale – 6 champions

You forgot to mention the overriding factor – ease of access. You can run around the whole of Queensdale in half the time it takes you to get away from the first set of annoying powerful trash mobs in other zones. Ok, slight exaggeration there, but the point still stands about the ridiculous crowd control skills given to trash mobs in higher level areas. In my opinion, there’s just no fun to be had there unless you’re some sort of masochist.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I think if they randomize these timers and not put things like queensdale troll on a 10 minute timer, these trains will go away.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

The queensdale champs are super fast and easy.
Only the wasp is a slower fight due to it’s periodic hiding phases.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I am hoping that the loot changes to Champs will help get some people into other areas, as higher level champs should be more rewarding. However how much more rewarding vs the ease and time factor of the lower ones is what is going to make or break this. Hopefully anet took that into account.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

1.) materials will drop based on their level. So you can farm all you want in Queensdale, but you won’t make any good money
2.) weapon skins will drop from these champs. If they are rare enough, farming Queensdale won’t make you rich all of a sudden. If they are frequent enough, you won’t get rich at all. So it’s a moot point

People farm those champions in Queensdale because it’s great exp for a certain level range.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Spiral Architect.6540

Spiral Architect.6540

I may be in the minority here, but I actually like the Queensdale champion train. It’s a fun zone, it’s easy to move around in, the events follow one another quickly, and (on TC, anyway) the chat is kind of fun. Once in a while, I see people get rude in chat, but that’s not very common.

If better rewards are available after the champ changes, it may spell the end of the QD train. I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Easy fast exp karma. Basicly nonstop train.

I don’t see how it’s nonstop. Unless it’s different in my server.

The best train atm is in labyrinthine cliff. It’s so fast you can have DR from it.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I though it was going to be more of unique skins from the champs. So the troll will drop something that only that troll will drop etc… you can spam them but you will get the same items over and over.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I though it was going to be more of unique skins from the champs. So the troll will drop something that only that troll will drop etc… you can spam them but you will get the same items over and over.

I heard that too. And IMO that situation would be ideal. A lot of incentive to go out and ‘bounty hunt’ all the different champs.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

The most prevalent opinion I see among my friends about running around Queensdale is that it is accessible (no waypoint fees if you come from LA via Divinity) and easy for higher levels to run around (two hits to kill trash mobs.) Especially since the rewards for riunning Queensdale far outweigh the effort. As long as this is true, then there will continue to be champ trains in Queensdale.

If the rewards they put in place with the new system outweigh the effort that one puts in to get them, then the rest will gain “followers” as well. For instance: if the Champion Krait at the top of the tower in Nonmoa Lake in Timberline Falls has a higher rate of dropping precursors or drops a unique Uber Weapon Skin of Krait Uberness then I see it as being farmed more.

I used to farm the SB in Queensdale, but only because I wanted Final Rest. Once I got it, (and then it was through a friend) I stopped farming. I didn’t like the “cham train” so I didn’t follow.

It might be that others are looking for the same uniqueness, and adding things like that will spread the trains out.

Level 80 Elementalist

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I heard that too. And IMO that situation would be ideal. A lot of incentive to go out and ‘bounty hunt’ all the different champs.

I am some what hoping they are going to be like NM from ff11 even HNM version with out the 1hr to 3 day re spawned time and no need to get first attk on the mob hehe.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: PVStar.3658

PVStar.3658

Queensdale – 6 champions

How often to the champs spawn in those other areas? Curious to know because in Queensdale there’s a champ up pretty much every 5 minutes, which is what the point of this is.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

A lot of the increased traffic for the Queensdale champs this week is people getting their Homeland Support or whatever ach for Kiel.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

Loot drops

- if not randomized but boss specific, then they will all be posted in Wiki after a week or two and people will farm only those who are have the loot they are interested in.

- if randomized and not boss specific, then people will farm the easier and faster spawn-able bosses

This is pretty much what will happen.

Possibly, the casual explorer might get help easier from other casual explorers if they will use the map chat to announce some boss, not like now when people avid group events if not able to do solo.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Queensdale – 6 champions

Champs, events, vets.. You only mention Champs (and indeed, I know Fields holds more than QD)..

There are plenty of champs, events AND vets in other areas.

Playing the game instead of grinding the same crap actually works.

How often to the champs spawn in those other areas? Curious to know because in Queensdale there’s a champ up pretty much every 5 minutes, which is what the point of this is.

Who cares? By the time you kill one, something else will be up.

It’s just people want the train…

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

People actually run in Queensdale? Anyone who doesn’t waypoint will miss every single champ kill as they die in less than 30s to the waypointing zerg.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Queensdale – 6 champions

There are plenty of champs, events AND vets in other areas.

Playing the game instead of grinding the same crap actually works.

Who cares? By the time you kill one, something else will be up.

It’s just people want the train…

Because it’s consistent and easy. You can wander around other zones hoping that a few other ppl will help you kill the occasional champ that pops after a 3-event pre-chain, or you can run around Queensdale with champs almost non-stop and very quick kills.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

Also Queensdale (and wayfarers) feels… right. At least in SF the chat if quite friendly and fun.
I usually run the champ train while waiting my guildies for group for a dungeon or fractal. It is something relaxing to do

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Champion rewards will be different based on their level. However, like other loot rewards if you’re a high level player in a lower level area there is a chance you’ll receive rewards based on your actual level rather than the area you are in each time they drop.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Champion rewards will be different based on their level. However, like other loot rewards if you’re a high level player in a lower level area there is a chance you’ll receive rewards based on your actual level rather than the area you are in each time they drop.

Thanks for the reply. If you don’t mind expanding on this a bit, I’d be curious if you’re talking about rare materials, coin, weapon skins, or some combination of the three (or something else entirely) when you say they’ll be different.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I only ever get kitten from them, and the only incentive to do them is dailies or monthly. I think even got a ripped hide or something as dumb yesterday.

This is why lvl 80’s do them. There is no other incentive. There is no reason to be concerned or “sad”. There is absolutely no lootz involved for 80’s except for the occasional lvl 80ish blue or green item.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I’m curious… the way I understood it there are different types of enemies who have different skins. E.g. pirates who drop the rapier etc.

But do lv.30 pirates have the same chance to drop the skin than the lv.70 pirates? And do those “different” pirates drop the same skin?

And how much weapon skins are there? I really wonder if it will be such a big deal. Let’s say we get 5 new skins which are on the trading post from day 1 with prices falling constantly… it seems that those Champion-farming trains won’t last very long imho. Too much people play the trading post and don’t really have a problem farming a bit of gold.

hope I’m wrong

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Mmm, I’ve gotten 80s rare from the Champion Oakheart, and that was recently. I think drops have improved considerably as of late (the character I was using had no MF gear-perhaps a little boost, though I can’t remember.)

Also, last week I had two WvW players drop rares for me within a half hour (probably less.) IME, drops have improved from where we were 2-3 months ago (may be good luck, but that rarely happens to me.) :P

Out of subject, I know. I do wish people did anything else other than Queensdale (nothing wrong with the map) as it proves the theory that people always go for the path of least resistance. It’s also probably hype and “monkey sees, monkey does”, as there are many other areas with easy Champions if that’s the main incentive.

This overall community focus on humans (DR most populated cultural city/Queensdale most populated beginning map) also makes me believe that Kiel will win the “election” (which is fine). :P I wish the candidates would have been a bit more neutral, and not “hero” vs merchant, Human vs Charr.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Mmm, I’ve gotten 80s rare from the Champion Oakheart, and that was recently. I think drops have improved considerably as of late (the character I was using had no MF gear-perhaps a little boost, though I can’t remember.)

Also, last week I had two WvW players drop rares for me within a half hour (probably less.) IME, drops have improved from where we were 2-3 months ago (may be good luck, but that rarely happens to me.) :P

Out of subject, I know. I do wish people did anything else other than Queensdale (nothing wrong with the map) as it proves the theory that people always go for the path of least resistance. It’s also probably hype and “monkey sees, monkey does”, as there are many other areas with easy Champions if that’s the main incentive.

This overall community focus on humans (DR most populated cultural city/Queensdale most populated beginning map) also makes me believe that Kiel will win the “election” (which is fine). :P I wish the candidates would have been a bit more neutral, and not “hero” vs merchant, Human vs Charr.

It’s true, it is possible to get lvl 80 rares in low lvl zones but in no ways profitable or worth the time to try and farm them in low lvl areas. Mats are map lvl specific so again, not a lot of profit there.

I think most just noticed this lately because of the procrastinators trying to finish up their monthly or helping low lvl guildies/friends grind throw the events.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Is there a plan to use some sort of “the longer it’s alive, the better the rewards” system to compensate for the popularity of some champions?

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

Is there a plan to use some sort of “the longer it’s alive, the better the rewards” system to compensate for the popularity of some champions?

2 consequences of this:

1. The fewer people the better. Champion takes longer to kill with 3-5 people, any more and everyone gets worse loot. This runs counter to the core philosophy of GW2 – you’re supposed to be happy to see other players.
2. Coordinated prolonging of fights. Which would mean players who aren’t in on the coordination get raged at, etc. Same problem as #1.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

They are either going to play with the timing or the rewards wont be good enough for them to have to adjust it.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

They are either going to play with the timing or the rewards wont be good enough for them to have to adjust it.

Rewards won’t be good enough? That’s like saying its better off just not having this change to even be implemented.

Something is better than nothing. It will be once a day for each Champion I would imagine so the players who go to multiple zones to find and kill these champions will be very happy. I myself will be starting parties to trek across Tyria to find and kill these champions.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

However, like other loot rewards if you’re a high level player in a lower level area there is a chance you’ll receive rewards based on your actual level rather than the area you are in each time they drop.

*cringe*

Welp GG... Was really hoping this might breath some life back into Maelstrom & Straits & a few other places. NvM... Atleast we get BETTER odds in dungeons right? .... RIGHT??? Pleeeease tell me the probabilities are atleast higher for dungeon champs where you’re locked at 5 players total...

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Check external page for timer on next event
Teleport directly there
Race the zerg to spam enough hits on the boss to get credit
Check external page for timer on next event!
Grind grind grind! Gotta get that grind!

Hurry, XYZ Dragon is up soon!

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Marcus Greythorne.6843

there need to be more incentives to roam around in the area (even after you’ve got mapcompletion) instead of perma-waypointing from one champ to the next.

It’s like people love to skip content because they get more loot because of it :-/

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

TBH I think arenanet is pushing GW2 down a slope they cannot navigate. They’ve pumped so many rewards and reward systems into the game in such a short time, so many carrots and rewards to chase after…that all they can do is lure is around the game with rewards.

I say this because if they said that champs in queensdale only drop zone level-appropriate stuff, and no chance at high lvl stuff, no level 80s would bother going there anymore.

Its funny…Because of games like WoW, we have been trained many years to gear grind and run on that treadmill. That is the legacy WoW leaves behind. Im beginning to think that Gw2’s legacy will be that of constant reward. Gone are the days where you play just because the game is fun. If theres no carrot, the rabbit doesn’t come out. If there is no worthwhile reward for a level 80 to revisit a zone like queensdale, we wont go.

So they must give us the chance at level appropriate stuff.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Marcus Greythorne.6843

the thing is: people make their own goals. Currently there is little to work towards to other than weapons/armor which needs certain materials. So people are running around gathering those materials, mostly by killing stuff.

So you run around, look to your left and see a risen. Then you look to your right and see a risen champion. Which one would I battle? The risen has a 50% (?) chance to drop a t6 mat and it takes 20sec. to defeat him. The champion risen has the same or worse chance to drop the t6 mat, but you have the chance for a blue (worth almost nothing) and a green (same). Rarely a yellow or orange. Very rarely. It takes about 5minutes.

Which one would you choose?

So let’s look at it from a different angle: To your left there is a risen and to your right there is a champion risen who guards a gate you haven’t seen before. Which one would you choose now? Now you have a new goal: find out what’s behind the gate.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I only use Queensdale to do events because they are every where and its much faster, every other map is lacking or dead so its harder to get stuff done, if i wanted rewards id go kill a few scripted dragons

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This is the way it should be. You should be able to get decent rewards anywhere in the game, but it’s also important to provide incentives for people to do higher level content.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

Queensdale – 6 champions

Fields of Ruin (L35+, low-mid area) has a bunch of chains in it with champions. In Ebonhawke there’s the prison break champion -> mad bomber champion, 2 champs right there.

There’s the Ogre Wars chain which (iirc) has a champ at each pre-event (not sure if you can kill both or just one), goes on to fight 5? more champs and tons and tons of vets, trash mobs and pets, plus some buildings to smash Also, daily chest like Maw, SB etc.

Then there’s the peace talks place that has 2 wasp champs spawn together quite often (champ wasp queen + champ wasp soldier)

I have a feeling there’s a branded fish champ in the NW, plus I know there’s a bunch of other quick repeating events all over the zone (skritt helmets, harpy kidnappings, settlement protections, escorts etc), plus some different gathering nodes to usual. Just a question of learning the map really, if you want to nail a rotation.

All of this is super easy access via the asura gate in DR that links to Ebonhawke, plus you get bank access and a TP all in one place. Pretty sure Gwen’s grave qualifies as a “place of power” to do your crystal charging too.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I had a funny thought this afternoon….

The Svanir champ spawns about every 5 minutes in Wayfarers… It might be nice to see him drop something other than T1 mats and the occasional blue

Level 80 Elementalist

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

The queensdale champs are super fast and easy.
Only the wasp is a slower fight due to it’s periodic hiding phases.

And? they will make champions harder to fight in the same update they are adding these rewards. You can kill wurm in 1 second, the shatterer in 3 minutes etc. It’s not even fun.

Troll, Wasp, Boar, Oak

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I am hoping that the loot changes to Champs will help get some people into other areas, as higher level champs should be more rewarding. However how much more rewarding vs the ease and time factor of the lower ones is what is going to make or break this. Hopefully anet took that into account.

I hope the world champs (the ones not bound to an event) will get better loot. Not so much the level, as much as the rate of kill. A bit like how the bonus XP works for less-often-killed foes. With event champs you already get a reward: the event reward. With the world champs, you will be happy if you even get a blue (with the current setup).