Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

To prevent spoilers, simply make the post-battle Claw Island inaccessible to those who have not gone through the story. It needn’t even be instanced, exactly. The portal to get there could be sealed off just as the Fort Trinity ones are for those not yet far enough in the PS to use them. Then the flavor text you see around each memorial could be triggered by which PS steps you did on the alt viewing them.

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I vote to rename Claw Island to honor its proper pronunciation, Clore Island.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Or not. Tybalt was a whispers agent thus nobody knew what he was doing. To be fair, he looked and sounded as if he didn’t know it either. People won’t call a public place (or public anything) after an apple seller.

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

The memorial should be something simple, and not name any specific names. A small plaque and three trees.

“In memory of those who died so others may live.”
An apple tree.
A cherry tree.
An oak tree.

I approve.

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Or not. Tybalt was a whispers agent thus nobody knew what he was doing. To be fair, he looked and sounded as if he didn’t know it either. People won’t call a public place (or public anything) after an apple seller.

lmao, you really think he was labeled an apple seller after everything the 3 Orders achieved after the defeat of Zhaitan? You don’t think all that knowledge came to light after all was said an done? When the undead Orrians flooded Lion’s Arch after the attack on Claw Island. Even before that, you don’t think questions were raised with the 3 watch towers on Claw Island were set ablaze?

Tybalt existed in secret before the Battle for Claw Island, but after all that was said and done – giving Birth to “The Pact” which consisted of all 3 Orders coming together to defeat the undead dragon, their Identities became known. Their deeds – not forgotten.

Tybalt may have started off a lonesome apple addict, but he sure as hell didn’t die as one, I can tell you that

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

lmao, you really think he was labeled an apple seller after everything the 3 Orders achieved after the defeat of Zhaitan? You don’t think all that knowledge came to light after all was said an done? When the undead Orrians flooded Lion’s Arch after the attack on Claw Island. Even before that, you don’t think questions were raised with the 3 watch towers on Claw Island were set ablaze?

Tybalt existed in secret before the Battle for Claw Island, but after all thatwas said and don’t giving Birth to “The Pact” which consisted of all 3 Orders coming together to defeat the undead dragon, their Identities became known. Their deeds – not forgotten.

Tybalt may have started off a lonesome apple addict, but he sure as hell didn’t die as one, I can tell you that

lmao you really think the order of whispers suddenly stopped operating in secret? If they did that, that would make them completely, utterly useless (like Tybalt was).

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Jaymee.1560

Tybalt existed in secret before the Battle for Claw Island, but after all thatwas said and don’t giving Birth to “The Pact” which consisted of all 3 Orders coming together to defeat the undead dragon, their Identities became known. Their deeds – not forgotten.

lmao you really think the order of whispers suddenly stopped operating in secret? If they did that, that would make them completely, utterly useless (like Tybalt was).

Mmmm… Gee wiz, their operations are air-tight secret – yet, we know the C.I.A exists… Jump on my thought-train here, buddy…

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t think I’d rather remember Tybalt, I’d rather remember those who stood in defense of Lion’s Arch during the last battle in the Krytan Civil War.

Besides, Tybalt was just an apple hawker and not a member of some secret order dedicated to information gathering and spying. That’s just a tale told by someone who had too much ale.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: muckshifter.9731

muckshifter.9731

I’ve died many time on Claw Island … can I have a memorial to.

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

I’ll bite…

I still don’t get it why people like Tybalt; yes he made a sacrifice but so did Sieran and Forgal. And I want my Order of Whispers to be cool and professional agents, not a comic excuse like Tybalt.

Yes, he fell to protect LA at Claw Island but so did a bunch of others, and actually, if you think about it, closing the gate behind you and leaving 1 person to fight hordes of undead… do you REALLY think they lasted longer than 1 second and that actually it was the walled gate that ensured the getaway rather than the ultimately foolish sacrifice?

Claw Island is a great story chapter, but that sacrifice always felt really stupid and out of place.

(glad there’s no down-votes here like Reddit, this probably isn’t too popular)

Signed,
One who doesn’t like Tybalt, Quaggans or Asuras… all slap-stick comedy blemishes on a what could’ve been a darker/proper fantasy setting in Tyria.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I would like to see something for all three. I realize I’m probably the only person in all of GW2 that absolutely loved Magister Sieran, but it’s only fair.

Sieran was my favorite hands down. Tybalt on the other hand, i disliked him with a burning passion.

As for the Norn, I liked him, and thought he was a bad kitten , but had no sorrow for when he gave his life because it seemed like an end that any norn would dream of having, that and he was certainly aged and had a good long run.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Make it destructible and I’m in.

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I would like to see something for all three. I realize I’m probably the only person in all of GW2 that absolutely loved Magister Sieran, but it’s only fair.

#NotTheOnlyOne

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: MissSinfully.2478

MissSinfully.2478

Sieran and Tybalt had pathos. I will miss them.

Forgal? Eh. :\

Hey I liked Sieran too!

I’d want to see like a statue of all three together, in kind of a triangle style (backs to each other) each facing out in some pose or another. Maybe not on Claw Island because it’s not easily visit-able.

MissSinfully
Sonyanna
Dragonhunter

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

The memorial should be something simple, and not name any specific names. A small plaque and three trees.

An apple tree.
A cherry tree.
An oak tree.

This is the right way to do it! Then people who haven’t played the PS through and/or are unaware of the characters will think nothing of the trees, bar perhaps it’s a nice thought; then if they continue and complete the story and come back to the trees, there’ll be at least some acknowledgement of what occurred.

As for the rest of us, we’ll all get something for our favourite mentor(s), so it’s a complete win-win.

Lots of +1s for you, Palador! Can we get this put up as a suggestion, perhaps?

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

An apple tree.
A cherry tree.
An oak tree.

I missed this post in the bustle of the previous page. I’ll admit to getting a case of the feels when I read it. That tribute captures all three perfectly for me.

Lovely suggestion, Palador.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

An apple tree.
A cherry tree.
An oak tree.

This is the right way to do it! Then people who haven’t played the PS through and/or are unaware of the characters will think nothing of the trees, bar perhaps it’s a nice thought; then if they continue and complete the story and come back to the trees, there’ll be at least some acknowledgement of what occurred.

As for the rest of us, we’ll all get something for our favourite mentor(s), so it’s a complete win-win.

Lots of +1s for you, Palador! Can we get this put up as a suggestion, perhaps?

Yeah .. even more +1s to that

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Jaymee.1560

lol, okay I understand people don’t like Tybalt, but, Seiran, or Forgal for whatever their reason. Point is, you can’t Memorialize 1 and leave the other 2 out, or memorialize 2 and leave 1 out.

Additional point: People may have not loved these characters, but a lot of them did and for the sacrifices they made, it’s only fitting that they be remembered, right?

(edited by Jaymee.1560)

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

I always thought she was just cherry! All three deserve a memorial.

Tybalt! (SPOILER!)

Posted by: Photonman.6241

Photonman.6241

An apple tree.
A cherry tree.
An oak tree.

+9001 for this idea. Take notice Anet!