Tyria, dead or alive?

Tyria, dead or alive?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Do you guys feel that “feeling” about Tyria lacking the “alive” thing??? You go to major cities for exemple, and there is only the npcs talking to each other, you run thro them as you were another “npc”.

There is actually “nothing” to do in major cities, theres nothing happening, ppl only go to these places for crafting stations, banks and TP, wouldn’t be a smarter move for Anet to put more utility in major cities??

Like Events for exemple,

In Divinity’s Reach we have the carnival, why not add a show that makes players interact with it? how about the Uzolan’s Orchestra? The Crown Pavilion? Bring it Back!

One thing i really would want to see, the Arena in Black Citadel… make players duel there!, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5……

We need more action in Tyria, this game feels dead.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not sure I understand. You feel like the NPCs ignore you, so you want more mini games?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Are you surprised? TESO premieres in a couple of days, so for the time being, this game will be more dead than alive. But who knows, some of us may come back to GW2 if TESO becomes boring.

I’ve been questing on Deso for ages ( the biggest GW2 server ) and honestly, even there, the number of people has decreased noticeably over the past months.

The actual population of the game is fine, the problem is about not having anything interesting to do in Cities thus even players are like NPCs standing around doing nothing. Cities need some help to actually feel alive.

Well, I do agree with you to some extent. As it’s been said on numerous occasions, this game needs something ‘big’ rather than bug-fixing which further destroys the game.

It can be something small too, just a change to how cities work and increase their importance.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Are you surprised? TESO premieres in a couple of days, so for the time being, this game will be more dead than alive. But who knows, some of us may come back to GW2 if TESO becomes boring.

I’ve been questing on Deso for ages ( the biggest GW2 server ) and honestly, even there, the number of people has decreased noticeably over the past months.

The actual population of the game is fine, the problem is about not having anything interesting to do in Cities thus even players are like NPCs standing around doing nothing. Cities need some help to actually feel alive.

Well, I do agree with you to some extent. As it’s been said on numerous occasions, this game needs something ‘big’ rather than bug-fixing which further destroys the game.

It can be something small too, just a change to how cities work and increase their importance.

I think that a ‘small thing’ won’t get old players that left the game ’cos they felt bored with it or potential new players to a game that is almost 2 years old when there are new, soon-to-be-out titles in 2014.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

TESO is dead too, only more so. The NPCs don’t move and they don’t talk to each other. The mobs models are horrid and very few. I will give it being a pretty environment but that is it.

I am on TC and the number of overflows, even for areas not normally populated is large. So good luck with saying GW2 is dead, it is not.

ESO is releasing everywhere and GW2 is just releasing in China and Taiwan. This it is on to Russia and a few other countries.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I think that a ‘small thing’ won’t get old players that left the game ’cos they felt bored with it or potential new players to a game that is almost 2 years old when there are new, soon-to-be-out titles in 2014.

I thought we were talking in this thread about how cities felt empty, (cities, not the game as a whole) and for maybe ways to fix those issues. Not how to do drastic changes to get people back, or how to counter soon-to-be-out titles.

The “GW2 is dying” thread is somewhere else. You are going completely out of topic.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

You do realize you can buy GW2 in regions where it hasn’t been officially released?

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

Rewards always mean players. Put something in the cities that will reward players for doing something. Add at least one daily that requires interaction in one of the cities. You’ll have players doing it. Maybe it’s just running errands for someone or other ‘not so epic’ things – I just had the idea a few minutes ago so no real complex solution, just a suggestion.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Add at least one daily that requires interaction in one of the cities.

Daily Laurel Vendor. Done.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Keep promotion TESO, it will make you feel better about buying the game, trust me, lol

Promotion? I played GW1 ( still much better than GW2 ), still play GW2 ( obviously, not as often nowadays ) and I bought TESO to test it. Are you surprised? It’s the biggest MMO name in the recent years to premiere this year, in a couple of days.

Open your eyes.

TESO will be another SWToR. That’s all it will be. Guild Wars 2 had more hype before launch than TESO because the reviews were generally better.

But if you look at stuff like the numbers of people following it on Reddit compared to how many people followed GW 2 at the same point in time, you’ll find it’s not as popular.

It should do well with the console crowd, but the PC crowd is far more demanding.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Dusty Moon.4382

You do realize you can buy GW2 in regions where it hasn’t been officially released?

You really can’t buy it in China, which is the biggest market in the world, even though you can mail order but there is blocks on the internet there that might prevent you from logging in.

Tyria, dead or alive?

pupi.2465

One thing, Anet should do a PVP event on Tyria… that would bring more life to the game.

Ex: Charrs invading Divinitys to cap Castle for 1h, Same on Humans in Black Citadel, Sylvaries in Rata Sum and Asuras on the Grove.

And the Norns…. well the Norns just stay drunk in Hoelbrak. :P

Tyria, dead or alive?

Nage.1520

One thing, Anet should do a PVP event on Tyria… that would bring more life to the game.

Ex: Charrs invading Divinitys to cap Castle for 1h, Same on Humans in Black Citadel, Sylvaries in Rata Sum and Asuras on the Grove.

Very few things could get me to leave this game. PvP in PvE areas is one of them. Bad, bad, idea. Anet will lose far more than they’ll gain in this transaction.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Miggs.2863

Miggs.2863

If people are leave to try out TESO, expect to see them back in a couple of weeks.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Dusty Moon.4382

No PvP on PvE maps. That is asking for ganking. You can already get that on the PvP maps if you are out manned – but in PvP it is to be expected.

Also, what you are suggesting is LORE breaking. NO NO NO

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Okay so let’s try to get this thread back on topic and away from the player population and ESO…..

When we had a suggestion section, there was a few threads about mini games and such in major cities. Anet even has achievements in the game for Bar Brawls, yet they haven’t even been implemented yet. There is an Arena in the Black Citadel and even a Shooting Booth in Divinity’s Reach. Hoelbrak has Keg Brawl, though I barely see anyone there anymore. I don’t know of anything in Rata Sum or The Grove though.

So yeah, they really need to add events to the cities. If you’ve ever been to Ebonhawke, you’ll see some events there in the city that make it interesting. Things like that, or in like Divinity’s Reach, open up the carnival finally and have events we can do. Or make a mini fun dungeon at the carnival that we can play with friends. I played an old F2P MMO called Forsaken World that had a carnival dungeon called the Nightmare Carnival. It was pure fun, no mob fighting or things like that. Just stuff to enjoy and have fun with. Something like that would be awesome.

Even make it play into your Personal Story choices. For those that picked the carny storyline as a Human, allow them to actually perform at the carnival if they choose to.

But rewards eh? Well, if it wasn’t for the new Wardrobe, I’d say let’s make some actual town clothing and toys we can earn in game. Fancy new shirts, hats, even costumes we can earn. Even maybe some toys we can get to use in Costume Brawls. Not everything has to be in the Gem Store. Give us something to actually earn in game for once….

And if that doesn’t float your boat, it would be the perfect time to introduce player housing. Get your own house in your personal instance, and be able to decorate it with all the achievements you’ve earned and such along the way. Even maybe a garden where we can have our own stockpile of herbs and such to pick (like how we have nodes in our instance already). Then when you visit these events in cities like the carnival and stuff, and you play a booth game and win that giant stuffed charr, you can display it in your house.

But yeah, I agree. The cities need to be more lively and have things to do. There is so much space and potential in them, that it is a shame that it is being neglected.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Tyria, dead or alive?

Nage.1520

Okay so let’s try to get this thread back on topic and away from the player population and ESO…..

When we had a suggestion section, there was a few threads about mini games and such in major cities. Anet even has achievements in the game for Bar Brawls, yet they haven’t even been implemented yet. There is an Arena in the Black Citadel and even a Shooting Booth in Divinity’s Reach. Hoelbrak has Keg Brawl, though I barely see anyone there anymore. I don’t know of anything in Rata Sum or The Grove though.

So yeah, they really need to add events to the cities. If you’ve ever been to Ebonhawke, you’ll see some events there in the city that make it interesting. Things like that, or in like Divinity’s Reach, open up the carnival finally and have events we can do. Or make a mini fun dungeon at the carnival that we can play with friends. I played an old F2P MMO called Forsaken World that had a carnival dungeon called the Nightmare Carnival. It was pure fun, no mob fighting or things like that. Just stuff to enjoy and have fun with. Something like that would be awesome.

Even make it play into your Personal Story choices. For those that picked the carny storyline as a Human, allow them to actually perform at the carnival if they choose to.

But rewards eh? Well, if it wasn’t for the new Wardrobe, I’d say let’s make some actual town clothing and toys we can earn in game. Fancy new shirts, hats, even costumes we can earn. Even maybe some toys we can get to use in Costume Brawls. Not everything has to be in the Gem Store. Give us something to actually earn in game for once….

And if that doesn’t float your boat, it would be the perfect time to introduce player housing. Get your own house in your personal instance, and be able to decorate it with all the achievements you’ve earned and such along the way. Even maybe a garden where we can have our own stockpile of herbs and such to pick (like how we have nodes in our instance already). Then when you visit these events in cities like the carnival and stuff, and you play a booth game and win that giant stuffed charr, you can display it in your house.

But yeah, I agree. The cities need to be more lively and have things to do. There is so much space and potential in them, that it is a shame that it is being neglected.

Keg brawl is still relatively active, but it’s part of the minigame rotation. You can’t access it from Hoelbrak anymore (except maybe when it’s the activity of the day). Keg Brawl can be played once a week on Sunday.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

I think the problem is that no matter what they add, it won’t be enough once players complete it. Whether its content, a side-gag, quest, and etc. Once they’ve seen what there is to be seen, they’ll move on. It’s just the nature of MMOs. WoW’s racial cities aren’t as populated as the “capitals” or hub cities that are the equivalents of Lion’s Arch and Vigil Keep because everyone’s moved on already. WoW just has so many subscribers that multiple people create alts all the time.

I think one of the bigger culprits of dead major cities in GW2 is the Living Story. Its always so centered around one city or area that players flock there for weeks on end. It makes it so that even if you don’t feel like doing the LS, you’re out of luck trying to do anything else that requires a group.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The only thing bringing people back to the main cities would be their home instance. If they somehow spruced that up to actually draw people back to them (the nodes are a start, but let’s face it that’s not enough).

But having played basically every MMO that has been released, this is a common trend among them all. There will be one or two main hubs where people access banks, TP, crafting etc. All other towns will be relatively empty.

I don’t see this changing any time soon.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Keep promotion TESO, it will make you feel better about buying the game, trust me, lol

Promotion? I played GW1 ( still much better than GW2 ), still play GW2 ( obviously, not as often nowadays ) and I bought TESO to test it. Are you surprised? It’s the biggest MMO name in the recent years to premiere this year, in a couple of days.

Open your eyes.

TESO will be another SWToR.

You do realize SWTOR is considered more successful than GW2, right?
That is assuming we are basing success on the amount of money earned.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Open your eyes.

What time spans are we comparing? SWTOR from its start to current vs. GW2 from its start to current? Or SWTOR from start to 1.5years in, vs. GW2 from start to current (1.5yrs in).

Just want to make sure we are doing apples to apples here. I honestly don’t know information on either except for the fact I strongly disliked SWTOR.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all,

Let’s take this back on topic to Guild Wars 2 only and not bring up other games. Thanks for your understanding.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

@OP:

There’s little activity elsewhere because no development effort has been made to really give new and lively permanence to the atmosphere. Recent atmosphere changes have been relatively negative (Kryta-post-Scarlet is a great example) in regards to their influence on the surrounded world. LS takes too much development effort and its limited-time duration keeps players out of their homes and not making new ones.

Populated, well-designed cities are great, especially when they’re abundant. Unfortunately such design changes are unlikely to occur due to the fact that the developers are too caught up with LS and ANet isn’t capable/willing to make such changes or hire people to do them.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I would like to bring Pixelpumpkin.4608 ’s forum signature to the attention of the thread.
She points out several great ideas that have been proposed in the past, including:
~ City Minigames (thread by TheBlackLeech.9360)
~ City Jumping Puzzles (thread by stjf.7180)
~ Portable Doors: Player Housing anywhere! (thread by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

There are many other great ideas to increase the liveliness of cities, many of which are thoroughly discussed in their threads which reside in the closed-off suggestions forum. I really encourage ArenaNet to revisit that area and seriously consider many of these gems that have become mostly forgotten.

Also, to moderators/Danicia:
Would it be permissible to use the ‘Report This Post’ flag on the OP of a thread in the suggestions forum and then request it to be moved to X forum for further discussion in the Reason For Report box?
Many of these threads had great discussions taking place in them on their suggestions, though they have long since been locked away. Can we request them individually to be moved to their appropriately related sub-forums to once again be discussed?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

OP is mean! I cant get wanted dead or alive by Bon Jovi out of my head!!!

ps. I would like the cities to be more “alive”

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I demand a shrubbery!

I mean, I demand city activities!

For example:

• Tag/Hide-and-seek
    • To start, you talk to the city’s Game NPC. This gives you a series of skills and and effect that tells you are participating. To leave you either leave the city or talk with the NPC again.
    • After a timer, players are sent to random locations across the city, and the game starts.
    • Each city would have its own rules with different set of skills.
    • Sometimes existing NPCs would join in the game.
      • In Divinity’s Reach it’ll be Hide-and-Seek, with one player trying to find everyone.
      • In Hoelbrak, it’s becoming “Manhunt”. The one being “it” has to run away from everyone else.
      • In the Grove, the game rules are “infection”. Those tagged become “it” too and there’s less and less runners over time.
      • In Rata Sum, it’ll be Pacekeepers vs Bandits , players are split in two teas, and those bandits tagged by pacekeeprs the are sent to jail and can be rescued by other bandits.
      • In the Black Citadel, it’ll be a team game. Three teams, each team has to try and tag one team, while running away from another team: Blood>Legion>Ash>Blood.
      • In the brand new Tengu city, it’ll be “Capture the sashimono”. Four teams, each has a player that becomes a “walking flag”. The team has to protect their flag bearer while trying to capture the others.

And making the bane have actually some use!

The Bane

• The bane is a gauntlet you can enter with party members.
  • Other players will be able to see you in the bane participating, and only one party can participate at a time.
  • To give everyone a chance, players who have participated in the gauntlet will get an effect that will last until the end of the moth. Those with less stacks will have higher priority, allowing them to ‘cut in line’ in and queue before those with more stacks than them.
  • You can’t control which skills you have to use. You are given a random build and stats. It may be anything, from having to ride a massive siege machine that has super-high toughness to having just a stick and 0.1 health.
  • Players must fight against waves of enemies that get stronger and more numerous over time.
  • Enemies scale to your party size.
  • All fights would be timed.
  • There would be a leaderboard NPC showing who has managed to endure more waves, and at the end of each day, week and month the highest scorers get bonus rewards.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If the designers can keep creating interesting content it doesn’t really matter where they put it. It doesn’t matter if there’s something new to do in Brisban Wildlands or something new to do in Divinity’s Reach. The Queen’s Pavilion made for some decent content and I’m sure we will see other events turn up in other cities from time to time.

Player’s don’t want any requirement to go back to different cities all the time though. They want one vibrant hub where they can meet people and chat with friends. Having six or seven hubs that are not so vibrant and people don’t meet each other … just what’s the point?

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

This happens to all MMO’s it’s caused by the leveling process. The players become a herd, and migrate to the next area. Finally culminating in the last area they achieve OR the place where all levels can chat. LA was like that and now, well… This coupled with there being no reason to hang in lower areas. Some may pop in an out, but they go where their friends are.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I think they should implement city events that do not require battle. Like fetch quests, timed deliveries and such…

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I am on TC and the number of overflows, even for areas not normally populated is large.

WHA’…????….. GG on JQ (a full server) we’re lucky if we over flow Gendarran during NA prime only. What are you stacked sideways on the server?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

My thoughts.
1. Underflows. Gimme them
2. Living Story releases should try to push for more permanent, zone-spanning meta achievements.
3. We should get heart quests and skill points in Southsun Cove
4. World exploration NG+ maybe?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s certainly true that they need more minis but it was my understanding that the CDI system is still open and they are making broad changes to the game. I can’t imagine them not making a CDI in the near future about actually adding more mini activities to the game.

I’m personally hoping for full on fun fishing. We’re talking props, outfits, nets, rods, minipets the whole shabang.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Well, Tyria is Half-Dead at this moment, PvE is only full at certain maps to zerg-farm, while Anet doesn’t make PvE at once, equally rewarding on everything, from resource nods to mat drops and event difficulty, things will never be as they should.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

Hello all,

Let’s take this back on topic to Guild Wars 2 only and not bring up other games. Thanks for your understanding.

wait what ? we compare evry game whit evry game that is how the game industry works evry game is stealing from outer game
,what you seying is maddnes we all got internet we play more games then 1 and yes compering gw to outer games that is how we can judge gw on fails and good things its how it shoud work sorry for bad english

(edited by Gele.2048)

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Ive always sorta felt this way and I think part of it is that the content in this game doesnt completely connect you to the world. Dynamic events are one reason for this. Dynamic events do give a feel of an alive world but don’t directly connect you to it. Its because dynamic events don’t have unique npc’s and unique stories to tell that you can be immersed into. Thats not really the nature of DE’s.

Questing typically does that in games, it connects you to a zone itself, the lore of it, the npcs. I think heart quests in this game have that potential but havent really been expanded on sadly. So what were left with are generic NPC’s in zones that may need help fending off bandits, or perhaps you must fight off a generic champion that respawn.

I think it should also be noted that a game that has questing alone doesn’t completely make the world feel alive. A game that has both quests that can tie you to unique storylines/npcs in the same way personal stories do, along with dynamic events used to create the ambience of liveliness and activity in a zone, would make for a very good game in my opinion.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I actually feel that all the frequent NPC banter EVERYWHERE (not just in cities) make the game feel very much alive. I was also lamenting to a guildie last week that it’s a shame how much great design and NPC voice acting chatter goes to waste because many people really ignore it-however, I am certain many other players do also enjoy that aspect of the game, which often enlivens our playing experience.

In short, I don’t see a dead town problem-if anything, there are tangible server population differences which often leave a bad impression on some players. NPCs in this game are actually a big part of why the game feels alive, even when playing solo, with no one around. I am sure they are trying to bridge the gap among some servers, but it’s honestly very hard for the lowest populated servers to compete with the popular or “full” ones (free server transfers is not a foolproof solution, at least as far as I have observed.)

I wish there weren’t any named servers at all, but then that would go against the way WvW is already established.

(edited by Star Ace.5207)

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

After playing TESO and Wild Star Beta and coming back to this game I now realize this game actually has VERY alive cities.

NPC’s randomly chatter to each other and they actually walk around and barter with each other. In these other games plus WoW all the npc’s do is stand stock straight waiting to be interacted with by a player character.

With that said this game has some of the nicest capital cities in MMO gaming and I think they could actually turn some districts of DR into dungeon/ sewer/ bar/ rooftop battles, or even house to house hearts and dynamic events.

The cities are huge I agree that they could make better use of that space by adding content into the actual cities.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

GW2s capitol cities are without a doubt the best you will find in any MMO. The atmosphere, the npc chatter/sounds and the details are top tier if compared to other MMOs.

The main downside is a lack of a hub feel in some cities, something that LA did have. The size and the layout spreads ppl out to much. Another effect is that a relatively big part of the cities are blank space.

Hello all,

I think a healthy comparison is a very good thing actually, as long as its not a fullfledged discussion about that other game. Without comparing its really hard to point out certain areas that Anet could improve in GW2.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

GW2 is more “alive” than most MMOs, and more than any I’ve played.

But that really isn’t saying much when you think about it.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Hoser.8361

Hoser.8361

I like the idea of pvp being viewable in the Charr Arena. I also would love to see more LA style events in the main cities, though maybe with less destruction.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

It’s very alive (to me). But where’s the polymock? I see the Arenas on the map… :P

Tyria, dead or alive?

Nage.1520

Open your eyes.

Right, because Anet had to lay off half their staff….oh wait…that was SWToR. Guild Wars 2 performed to expectations and SWToR performed under expectation. That’s the reality.

On topic: The OP is talking about life in cities. I don’t play MMOs to spend time in cities. I’m out exploring the world. I don’t see why adding stuff to cities will make the game all that much better.

I mean aren’t people complaining that there arent’ enough people out in the world. Why make cities more appealing? The open world is where we really need people.

Tyria, dead or alive?

pupi.2465

Open your eyes.

Right, because Anet had to lay off half their staff….oh wait…that was SWToR. Guild Wars 2 performed to expectations and SWToR performed under expectation. That’s the reality.

On topic: The OP is talking about life in cities. I don’t play MMOs to spend time in cities. I’m out exploring the world. I don’t see why adding stuff to cities will make the game all that much better.

I mean aren’t people complaining that there arent’ enough people out in the world. Why make cities more appealing? The open world is where we really need people.

You go out exploring the world when you have Quests/lvling/getting materials, killing world bosses and pretty much “any adventure” to do, alone or grouped, so having more “appealing” in cities, would make your view much better while sitting your big hairy charr butt in LA/and the other capitols when you’re not out there in the world.

Isnt this a mmo? Dont ppl spend lots of time in Cities? then why not to have an Arena for duels with other players watching? Why not have a Tavern Fight ? Why not have race contest? or anything else???

Explain to me why you think adding those things would hurt your gameplay?

(edited by pupi.2465)

Tyria, dead or alive?

Nage.1520

Open your eyes.

You go out exploring the world when you have Quests/lvling/getting materials, killing world bosses and pretty much “any adventure” to do, alone or grouped, so having more “appealing” in cities, would make your view much better while sitting your big hairy charr butt in LA/and the other capitols when you’re not out there in the world.

Isnt this a mmo? Dont ppl spend lots of time in Cities? then why not to have an Arena for duels with other players watching? Why not have a Tavern Fight ? Why not have race contest? or anything else???

I Guess NPC talking is enough for you, if i want to watch ppl talk i would go watch a movie, not play a videogame.

I don’t think any of them would hurt my game play. I’m just not sure any of them will help my game play.

Everyone likes what they like and wants what they want. You want Anet to put time and energy into something you like. Fair enough.

I want them to put time and energy into stuff I like.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

This thread is a thinly disguised request for dueling.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Tyria, dead or alive?

pupi.2465

Open your eyes.

I Guess NPC talking is enough for you, if i want to watch ppl talk i would go watch a movie, not play a videogame.

I don’t think any of them would hurt my game play. I’m just not sure any of them will help my game play.

Everyone likes what they like and wants what they want. You want Anet to put time and energy into something you like. Fair enough.

I want them to put time and energy into stuff I like.

I understand that matter, everyone would like to see what we like in the game, i dont know if its a F2P model, but it seems they just don’t add “things” hoping for players feedback, instead launching the game with the standards.

I guess im more like a rpg type of player, thats cuz i miss these three letters after the “mmo___”.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I would like to bring Pixelpumpkin.4608 ’s forum signature to the attention of the thread.
She points out several great ideas that have been proposed in the past, including:
~ City Minigames (thread by TheBlackLeech.9360)
~ City Jumping Puzzles (thread by stjf.7180)

There are many other great ideas to increase the liveliness of cities, many of which are thoroughly discussed in their threads which reside in the closed-off suggestions forum. I really encourage ArenaNet to revisit that area and seriously consider many of these gems that have become mostly forgotten.

Also, to moderators/Danicia:
Would it be permissible to use the ‘Report This Post’ flag on the OP of a thread in the suggestions forum and then request it to be moved to X forum for further discussion in the Reason For Report box?
Many of these threads had great discussions taking place in them on their suggestions, though they have long since been locked away. Can we request them individually to be moved to their appropriately related sub-forums to once again be discussed?

I would like to second this post.
I totally agree

Gunnar’s Hold

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

They should add very rare events similar to scarlets invasion to all major cities. Whereby, like maybe once a week or slightly more often, a major city gets picked at random and attacked by some sort of flash mob or riot, boss, etc. The server gets an announcement, told which city it is and by participating in the defence of said city, they get a chance of getting a rare item (created specifically for this event, dependant on which city you are defending). (the reward being account bound so people actually have to do the event to get the item)

The whole map is fighting and all those npcs in the city, dependant on if they are warriors or civilians, will either be running around screaming or joining in the fighting.

…just an idea, especially seeing as we are about to have a new dragon, could be his minions that attack in varied formats

(edited by Equilibriator.8741)

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Hello all,

wait what ? we compare evry game whit evry game that is how the game industry works evry game is stealing from outer game
,what you seying is maddnes we all got internet we play more games then 1 and yes compering gw to outer games that is how we can judge gw on fails and good things its how it shoud work sorry for bad english

What Danicia was saying is for players focus on what is missing in GW2.....
As far comparations with other games is not a fair system becouse every game miss aspects of others and information turns to be offtopic and not constructive.

[Ontopic]
Pretty much agree with OP, game feels dead and LW/LS feels disconected, overflow system helps that disconection, in my opinion is not helping how most of players can feel the Tyria "alive ", zergling(1 key spam) events and lure for a reward do not feel confortable gameplay, reason why i stoped pve.
One thing that i’ve said many times are the lack of mechanic improvements but that is for the whole game, not only PVE side, i can imagine housing system as the OP said, there could be also a system of guild points as ranking guilds at eyes of a certain Tyria faction or city wich allow to get a better hall/house or in a richier zone.
Also GvG are easier to be introduced in LW/LS, i can see Queen Salma err... Jena opening the games on the distric where scarlet apeared on DR, it was funny to see players fighthing mobs on that map same system could be aplyed for old GvG style while other players room freely and observe the matches.

RPG elements on LW.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Tyria, dead or alive?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

How about a Transitory Accessible Ready Domicile In Situ device? You’d have a little blue box you could craft and take with you and place down anywhere to access your home, and believe me, it’s much bigger on the inside.

#TeamJadeQuarry