Uhh...horses?

Uhh...horses?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: illictic.6183

illictic.6183

Where are they?
I mean, I’m not asking to ride them or to have them give bonuses to my character. I just want to know, do horses even exist in GW2? There are abandoned wagons in DR that seem to be the type that would be pulled by horses, and the Iron Horse mine didn’t get its name from nowhere…so what happened? Were they all destroyed in the searing? Did Zhaitan corrupt every last horse on Tyria and drown them? We have centaurs, which are kind of close, but I don’t think a human would want a centaur pulling their cart…

i don’t know what’s going on

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I don’t know, but I suspect Scarlet was involved.

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Humans got hungry and ate them all to extinction…it wouldn’t be the first time.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

What I think happened was, Tyria is kind of like a game of Pokemon to the Gods, and when the horses started to evolve, they forgot to press B.

Totally true, maybe slightly fabricated story.

Serious answer, I dunno. I mean, we had Necrid Horsemen and Banished Dream Riders in GW1. They must of got that form from somewhere, right?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: pulupulu.9730

pulupulu.9730

when a man ride a horse, it is called a centaur.

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Perhaps horses arrived on Tyria with humans way back when, but there was some inimical parasite or virus or what-have-you that ended equines.

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: illictic.6183

illictic.6183

These responses are cracking me up. I’m glad to know that the existence of horses is debatable on more ends than just mine.
On the topic of invisible creatures, do gorillas exist outside of corrupted risen gorillas? Are they out in Maguuma? In Cantha?

i don’t know what’s going on

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Well there were undead in Guild Wars that rode skeletal horses, though those were from Orr. My best bet is that horses were primarily found in Orr, but were eradicated when the continent fell. Though why we don’t see Risen Horses galloping around… Maybe the corpses weren’t usable? Though I do believe that the Risen Knights have horse heads, so maybe they were used as spare parts for those…

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

There is also a tombstone in GW2 that reads:

“Hank the Blacksmith 1020-1081 Shod all the king’s horses with honor”

There was also a horse head available as one of the options for guild capes in GW1.
This kind of confirms that there where horses at one time. I would have to assume the Charr ate them.

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

Maybe horses were bred out of existence due to centaurs? MAGIC!

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

They all fled to a magical land called “Equestria” many moons ago.

Ironically enough, Scarlet Briar is known there as “Twilight Sparkle”, a pony princess beloved by all.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

(edited by Majic.4801)

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

There are horses in Tyria, but the running joke is that they are never on-camera. They show up in art, in references, in the books, in NPC chatter, but their models have not been dropped in game and it’s the case since GW1 (except for necrid horsemen). I assume this is a Monty Python reference (there are several in both games), since everyone in The Holy Grail ran around and just clacked coconuts together even though horses existed.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

The Dolyak union: Dolyak United Mobile Brigade (DUMB) pushed them out.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: pulupulu.9730

pulupulu.9730

we need a killer rabbit next

oh wait..

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You’ll have to craft “The Dreamer.”

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

The important question is, what happened to the Mad King’s invisible pony?

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Horses? I know what you did there.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

There are horses in Tyria, but the running joke is that they are never on-camera. They show up in art, in references, in the books, in NPC chatter, but their models have not been dropped in game and it’s the case since GW1 (except for necrid horsemen). I assume this is a Monty Python reference (there are several in both games), since everyone in The Holy Grail ran around and just clacked coconuts together even though horses existed.

I like this^

On a more serious note, though, horses are very hard to render correctly. Even in the “new” MMOs out there right now, and the ones coming up, any horse in-game looks comical and badly designed. If GW2 warranted mounts, then I am sure we would see some version, but for atmosphere, it’s way too much work for something that wanders around and eats (and does “other” things.)

Level 80 Elementalist

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If Anet could find an Asuran to motion capture, I am sure they can find a horse.

Was Charr harder? Nah, that’s just a human being motion captured with 5 dogs taped to his body, its no mystery.

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

In the halloween last year, one of the Mad King’s story involved him killing a horse by poison.
I’m on my phone right now so I wont be able to link to the dialogue, but look for halloween 2012.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

In the halloween last year, one of the Mad King’s story involved him killing a horse by poison.
I’m on my phone right now so I wont be able to link to the dialogue, but look for halloween 2012.

They’re saving the horses for the next expansion where horse is the new playable race. Elite skills include eating hay and that’s about it.

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Uhh...horses?

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

There are a few stables in game and some of them make references that suggest the carts are pulled by moa birds.