Understanding Logic

Understanding Logic

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DevonPaul.7495

DevonPaul.7495

Firstly this is not a complaint thread, its a question and maybe perhaps a suggestion and well, I just wanted to know how you guys out there are dealing with this, maybe its a bug (hopefully I wont have written an infraction).

Drop rates of anything appear to be very poor, when I am not running in fractals (at least a source of good drops although starting to wear a little thin as I have now reached level 15 in that theatre), I go to Frostgorge Sound, a pleasant little map that I enjoy.

I try to focus on two or three enemies types (grawl, colossus and skelks) as these drop the required items I need for crafting. Now upon zoning in to the area, I take on roughly 50 Colossus (s?) and get 4 drops, of anything (two of junk shards). Now is this a bug, working as intended or am I just plain unlucky?

I only ask because recently new content (fractals et al) have appeared on the scene with a new mechanic (Agony), and there are recipes that require 250 Tier 6 items to make to combat this new mechanic, how are we suppose to get them? Buy them? I have seen the price of them on the TP and to be frank, I am not paying it, ever, why? well the reason is, even if I couldnt get my craft materials to drop, some drops at level 80 would help, so that I could sell them to make the gold to purchase from the TP. But if nothing, at all drops then, I am at an impasse.

Unless I am suppose to trade gems for gold? I am sure ANET would not have purposefully introduce a game mechanic that would promote the purchase of gems to trade for gold, and to be honest, if I was going to buy gold at the required sums to purchase the materials needed for crafting, it would be more cost effective to use a third party (not that I condone this practice, at all! Its just logical).

So Logic (the title thread, keep up!).

A new mechanic is introduced, to gain the resistance to said mechanic, apart from the rings (which I have been fortunate enough to receive), there is the back piece (yes I know we can get one through the Fractals themselves) that gives +5 Agony resist, it requires 250 parts of a tier 6 trade item, but I (and I don’t know about you guys) can’t get them to drop.

I am sorry ANET but it just looks like a “Buy Gems, Swap for Gold Mechanic”, and I don’t mean to cause offence, maybe its a bug in the drop rates

I apologise if this appears a little whingy but if there is one thing STOPPING me from investing (i.e. buying Gems) in this game it is most certainly the drop rates of anything at all.

I dont mind new content, I dont mind setting myself up in an area and repeating the sake thing verbatim, but when I cant even fill my 15 slot bags after 2 hours of game play, seems pretty poor to me

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

Thank you Genesis, How will I get a magic find set? Craft it?……..

Or run Fractals with other people in MF sets (oh how quickly they die past level 10)

Understanding Logic

Posted by: Lothair.8942

Lothair.8942

You want free things.
I want free things too.
We all can’t have free things though.

You coulda just said hey guys loots pretty bad can we get more.

Get a magic find set and stop finding things to complain about

I’m with you OP, the drop rates of T6 materials is a very valid concern. The drop rates in general, are a concern. I use MF sets as well, and I’m not seeing a difference at all. Not to mention the sneaky diminishing returns that kick in after God knows when. It is definitely something worth discussing and I hope it gets reviewed.

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

I dont recall asking for free stuff, but after killing 50+ level 80 mobs and only have 4 inventory slots filled in my loot bags, one reaches the point of boredom, risk versus reward is just not there, sorry. You maybe uber hardcore (judging from your signature), but most people have jobs/lives etc. There the guys that buy the gems that keep your game going, so try to refrain from speaking ill of them

Understanding Logic

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Collossus have a really bad drop rate cause they dont drop the more common fine crafting materials but only the really rare ones, IE the corrupted lodestones. You also farm skelks you said right? I am sure they drop blood fairly often for you like eve5ryone else!

A MF set can be crafted very easily … Good runes for it are slightly harder to get, they will require about 5g still not a big deal and none of it require the fractals

Understanding Logic

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

You want free things.
I want free things too.

Talk about missing the point entirely. I see you did not distract yourself by actually reading his post. OP did not talk about wanting free things; he made clear an implicit expectation that some degree of reward would come from the game through playing the game itself, as is true of most games. In order to achieve in-game goals through farming, it would take years to accomplish much of anything. But, there’s that gem store sitting there innocuously offering an answer to the loot wasteland. It’s almost toooo convenient.

Understanding Logic

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I play explorable dungeons, fractals, and mess around in Orr from time to time. I always have MF food, and my guild pretty much always have the MF buff up.

By just playing the game I managed to have plenty of mats laying around to flip and golds to salvage for ecto. The quiver I bought for my character cost me skill points, and that’s about it.

I really don’t get why anyone would want to run around a zone killing trash hoping for the thing that has the lowest chance in their loot tables, instead of doing a dungeon that takes 40 minutes and will give you at least 35-40 silver (to buy mats), karma, three chests of loot, 60 tokens, a skill point, and a good chance for lodestones, cores and shards that can be flipped 1:1 or 1:2 for T6 mats. Hrm…any of the dungeons still contribute to your goal directly or indirectly, grinding out mobs in a zone and getting crap while hitting the DR contributes nothing. What would the logical thing to do be?

Also, you are using “theatre” wrong. Unless that was a type-o.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

Acidic – A theatre is where a group of Actors (Players if you will), play out the same scenes over and over again to ultimately the end result……..

By you logic on dungeon running and gold gathering, if all players turn to doing this, where will the materials come from for me to buy on the TP, Dredge Loot bags?

For a game to have a healthy economy it has to have many different sorts of players with different playstyles, if we all play the same way the TP will dry up to some extent, making those tier 6 materials even more rare and yes you guessed it, even more expensive to aquire.

I was sold this game on the manifesto of “Play the game your way”, now I am being told to play it the NEW™ way, even getting 30 tier 6 materials (usually required for an exotic set of armour) has now become a grind.

I am asking a simple question, is the drop rate of ANYTHING in the game likely to remain stationary, as it stands, there are very few people in the 75-80 zones, most of the Tier 6 items on the TP must be coming from dredge bags (Complete guess, but who knows)

Understanding Logic

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I play explorable dungeons, fractals, and mess around in Orr from time to time. I always have MF food, and my guild pretty much always have the MF buff up.

By just playing the game I managed to have plenty of mats laying around to flip and golds to salvage for ecto. The quiver I bought for my character cost me skill points, and that’s about it.

I really don’t get why anyone would want to run around a zone killing trash hoping for the thing that has the lowest chance in their loot tables, instead of doing a dungeon that takes 40 minutes and will give you at least 35-40 silver (to buy mats), karma, three chests of loot, 60 tokens, a skill point, and a good chance for lodestones, cores and shards that can be flipped 1:1 or 1:2 for T6 mats. Hrm…any of the dungeons still contribute to your goal directly or indirectly, grinding out mobs in a zone and getting crap while hitting the DR contributes nothing. What would the logical thing to do be?

Also, you are using “theatre” wrong. Unless that was a type-o.

They might have a preferred playstyle different than yours and not want to run dungeons? You know, the principle they said they designed the game around.

Understanding Logic

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

You want free things.
I want free things too.

The game is not the real world. In the real world resources are scarce. In the game world someone with adequate privileges can type in a command and “poof” anything they like in any quantity into existence.

So yes, in a game we can all have free things, in theory.

Understanding Logic

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

You want free things.
I want free things too.

Talk about missing the point entirely. I see you did not distract yourself by actually reading his post. OP did not talk about wanting free things; he made clear an implicit expectation that some degree of reward would come from the game through playing the game itself, as is true of most games. In order to achieve in-game goals through farming, it would take years to accomplish much of anything. But, there’s that gem store sitting there innocuously offering an answer to the loot wasteland. It’s almost toooo convenient.

Actually he didn’t miss the point, the point of the post was “I want the material crafted ascended back piece, even though I know there is an ascended back piece available for fractal purchase, however I don’t use magic find gear which I can buy off tp for 3-4 gold can you improve drop rates?”

Understanding Logic

GrapeGatsby.6937

You want free things.
I want free things too.

The game is not the real world. In the real world resources are scarce. In the game world someone with adequate privileges can type in a command and “poof” anything they like in any quantity into existence.

So yes, in a game we can all have free things, in theory.

There would be no point to the game if everyone got what they wanted with minimal effort.

Understanding Logic

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

If you don’t want to grind out the ingredients and don’t want to buy them, then wait. There’s gonna be other ways to get ascended gear. We’ve only seen the first of many installments.

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

OK just to let you ALL know, I have the ascended backpiece, I have two Ascended Rings (I am running currently level 15 Fractals).

My point was in open world play, there are little to no drops (of anything at all) from MOBs, as such I just return to the fractals and my game has become 1 dimensional. I would like a new set of armour, I am slowly earning the money (gathering the mats) to make this new set of armour.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM DOING THAT.

What I have an issue with is, I shouldnt kill 50+ level 80 mobs in the open world and get only 4 drops (of any kind (in fact 1 blue item, two grey items and a tier 5 crafting mat).

Sheesh, way to miss the point you guys

Understanding Logic

AcidicVision.5498

I know what it is. And you still meant “theater”.

“By you logic on dungeon running and gold gathering, if all players turn to doing this, where will the materials come from for me to buy on the TP, Dredge Loot bags?”

What are you even talking about anymore? Besides loot bags, there is plenty to do in the PvE area. Dynamic events, story missions, 100% world completion, harvesting for materials. Typically in the process of all of those you get mats. Then on an alt you get them again. Then when helping friends you get them again.

“I was sold this game on the manifesto of “Play the game your way”, now I am being told to play it the NEW™ way, even getting 30 tier 6 materials (usually required for an exotic set of armour) has now become a grind.”

Where is the grind? You can dungeons and use the TP to flip one reward to another. Eight dungeons, at least three paths each. Now fractals. If you just did all paths of one dungeon a day then you aren’t having to repeat any content for over a week. Sprinkle in a little time doing dynamic events in Orr, screwing around on an alt, or mapping an area you haven’t finished yet and you are repeating even less.

If you choose to ignore everything else in the game that could result in you just being able to purchase what you need from the TP in favor of sitting in one area killing the same mob over and over to get the drops instead, then you are imposing grind on yourself.

“I am asking a simple question, is the drop rate of ANYTHING in the game likely to remain stationary”

I’d wager the drop rates are what they will be. You may not see an increase in those, but a decrease in the number required for high end crafting. They actually said as much in the reddit AMA today. Also your 75-80 population issues might be server specific. Mine are still a bustling, but either way it was also mentioned there are changes coming to draw players to each of the different game areas again.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

In ENGLISH we say theatre, In AMERICAN english you say theater, not to be too funny about it, but I go by the Oxford English Dictionary, as it is kind of our language, you know

I have completed the world, I have done every single event in the world, shall I go back and do them again? What would be the point in that?

There is one dungeon i would like to complete max out on, but the door is bugged.

Understanding Logic

GrapeGatsby.6937

OK just to let you ALL know, I have the ascended backpiece, I have two Ascended Rings (I am running currently level 15 Fractals).

My point was in open world play, there are little to no drops (of anything at all) from MOBs, as such I just return to the fractals and my game has become 1 dimensional. I would like a new set of armour, I am slowly earning the money (gathering the mats) to make this new set of armour.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM DOING THAT.

What I have an issue with is, I shouldnt kill 50+ level 80 mobs in the open world and get only 4 drops (of any kind (in fact 1 blue item, two grey items and a tier 5 crafting mat).

Sheesh, way to miss the point you guys

Buy magic find gear should be getting at least a blue on average from every other mob in OPEN WORLD. Don’t even mention using MF gear in FotM, since we are talking about OPEN WORLD.

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

Nice, well done for editing out the bit where you said I couldn’t spell. As for those other activities you suggested, that’s fine an all. The problem is, what if EVERYONE does that, how many Tier 6 Crafting items do you think will appear on the TP?

If everyone runs the dungeons, does the world events etc etc. You will still see a drop in tier 6 crafting items for sale on the TP, as such, the price will go up, as such you will have to grind more dungeons etc etc. to gain the money to purchase the tier 6 crafting items at their new (rare) high price.

It was good killing the bots, but the problem is, bots farm all the time and create a massive amount of crafting materials on the TP, players don’t farm 24hrs, so enough with the DR already. Or wait….. See what the TP looks like in a month or two, when the population has dminished, when EVERYONE is playing the way you suggest, their will be ample rare and exotic items, but very few crafting materials (save blobs (or globs) of Ecto.

Meh…. You have the armour you want and need, thats great, New players can go hang

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

heatre US, theater [????t?]
n
1. (Performing Arts / Theatre)
a. a building designed for the performance of plays, operas, etc.
b. (as modifier) a theatre ticket
c. (in combination) a theatregoer
2. a large room or hall, usually with a raised platform and tiered seats for an audience, used for lectures, film shows, etc.
3. (Medicine / Surgery) Also called operating theatre a room in a hospital or other medical centre equipped for surgical operations
4. (Performing Arts / Theatre) plays regarded collectively as a form of art
(Performing Arts / Theatre)
the theatre the world of actors, theatrical companies, etc. the glamour of the theatre
6. a setting for dramatic or important events
7. (Performing Arts / Theatre) writing that is suitable for dramatic presentation a good piece of theatre
8. (Performing Arts) US, Austral, NZ the usual word for cinema 1
9. (Military) a major area of military activity the theatre of operations
10. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Architecture) a circular or semicircular open-air building with tiers of seats
[from Latin the?trum, from Greek theatron place for viewing, from theasthai to look at; related to Greek thauma miracle]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
Ads by Google
Show And Dinner Packages
Show And Dinner Packages £20pp Great Seats. Book Now!
ShowAndDinner.TheatreLine.com
Theatre an open stage; a series of passing scenes; an audience or “house”, 1602; the dramatic work of a playwright, collectively, 1640.
Examples: theatre of action, 1774; of all his brutalities, 1654; of violent earthquakes, 1850; of Gods, 1634; of hills, 1818; of misery, 1640; of public life, 1855; of rising terraces, 1886; of valour, 1615; of war; of water, 1645; of the whole world, 1581.

TRY AGAIN

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

Note at the top US theater.

Note at the bottom Examples: Theatre of Action 1774, 1615 Theatre of War

Understanding Logic

GrapeGatsby.6937

heatre US, theater [????t?]
n
1. (Performing Arts / Theatre)
a. a building designed for the performance of plays, operas, etc.
b. (as modifier) a theatre ticket
c. (in combination) a theatregoer
2. a large room or hall, usually with a raised platform and tiered seats for an audience, used for lectures, film shows, etc.
3. (Medicine / Surgery) Also called operating theatre a room in a hospital or other medical centre equipped for surgical operations
4. (Performing Arts / Theatre) plays regarded collectively as a form of art
(Performing Arts / Theatre)
the theatre the world of actors, theatrical companies, etc. the glamour of the theatre
6. a setting for dramatic or important events
7. (Performing Arts / Theatre) writing that is suitable for dramatic presentation a good piece of theatre
8. (Performing Arts) US, Austral, NZ the usual word for cinema 1
9. (Military) a major area of military activity the theatre of operations
10. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Architecture) a circular or semicircular open-air building with tiers of seats
[from Latin the?trum, from Greek theatron place for viewing, from theasthai to look at; related to Greek thauma miracle]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
Ads by Google
Show And Dinner Packages
Show And Dinner Packages £20pp Great Seats. Book Now!
ShowAndDinner.TheatreLine.com
Theatre an open stage; a series of passing scenes; an audience or “house”, 1602; the dramatic work of a playwright, collectively, 1640.
Examples: theatre of action, 1774; of all his brutalities, 1654; of violent earthquakes, 1850; of Gods, 1634; of hills, 1818; of misery, 1640; of public life, 1855; of rising terraces, 1886; of valour, 1615; of war; of water, 1645; of the whole world, 1581.

TRY AGAIN

Stay classy DevonPaul.

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

Missed point 9 on the definition did you? There is NO SUCH WORD in the OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY as Theater….

Wow just wow

Picks up mic, normal service is now resumed, the spelling bee is over

http://grammarist.com/spelling/theater-theatre/

Just you guys i guess

Understanding Logic

AcidicVision.5498

Hey, we are learning something.

“Some American writers do make distinctions—for instance, that theater is a venue while theatre is an art form, or that theater is a movie theater while theatre is a drama venue—but these are preferences, not rules, and they are not consistently borne out in real-world usage.”

The website isn’t completely correct. Its not just writers that make the distinction. Its the Military, and the government, which means it’s how we are taught in history class in school, which is how we end up writing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theater_(warfare)#Theater_of_operations

As far as etymology goes though, I can’t argue with you.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

But you corrected me, as an American, talking to an Englishman or did you just assume that YOU were right, when in fact, if you came over to the UK and sat an English exam (England, English exam, pattern?) and spelled the word theatre as theater you would lose a mark, on the other hand if I was in an English exam in America and spelled the word Theatre, theatre, rather than theater, I would not lose a mark.

You brought up the petty spelling squabble, not me

Understanding Logic

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

I dont recall asking for free stuff, but after killing 50+ level 80 mobs and only have 4 inventory slots filled in my loot bags, one reaches the point of boredom, risk versus reward is just not there, sorry. You maybe uber hardcore (judging from your signature), but most people have jobs/lives etc. There the guys that buy the gems that keep your game going, so try to refrain from speaking ill of them

Please don’t take this in the wrong way (There are way more things that come before this game in my real life too), I consider myself as a casual player too. If you consider yourself to be a casual gamer, then please play the game casually.

May I ask what is it that you need to craft? Honestly, about all this mat/gear grinding fiasco, look at this GW2 game, think about the content, no need to talk about PvP. Honestly I have to say, you can complete all of the world PvE, all of the dungeons, all of the fractals to level 10 (or perhaps higher) in green gear. In my honest opinion, if you cant get through that content in green gear, exotics probably won’t fundamentally change everything.

If you want to craft the ultra rare weapons, or legendarily as a casual, then you really should make it your long term goal.

Yes, I definitely think you can complete 95% of GW2’s content with green gear that costs 50s in total, and I think that’s the true meaning of casual friendly. In no other games you can do that. Accessibility to content, that’s the casual friendly part, not getting the gear.. that’s the dedication part.

So tired of all these grind talks..

[PLUM] – SOR

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

I see I am in the minority then, you all happy with 4 items from 50 mobs, that’s ok, play the game.

Peace, coming soon to a theatre near you………

Understanding Logic

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Nice, well done for editing out the bit where you said I couldn’t spell. As for those other activities you suggested, that’s fine an all. The problem is, what if EVERYONE does that, how many Tier 6 Crafting items do you think will appear on the TP?

That’s the second time you’ve said that. Take a hint from your own point: not everyone plays the same way. Not everyone will do that.

Believe it or not, AcidicVision was trying to help you out. It was a valid tip. If you don’t want to do what he said, you’re free to get the mats in the means of your own choosing.

If you don’t want to do dungeon runs, you don’t have to do that.

A cheap magic find set, some relatively cheap magic find jewelery, and some major/superior luck sigils for your weps.

You can craft most if not all of these for yourself for fairly cheap in most cases, depending on your crafting level/disciplines.

This would really help you out a lot if you’re going to decide to grind it out in the world.

It would still take a very healthy/tedious effort, but you’ll really get much better drops that way, in addition to netting more money on a whole per run.

But to grind materials that way would be your choice to make. No one is forcing you to do that.

A couple casual dungeon runs with guildies would certainly net you the mats you want faster, in addition to stocking yourself with several other things (tokens) you’ll likely want to work for later if any of the dungeons have gear that you fancy.

Understanding Logic

AcidicVision.5498

You brought up the petty spelling squabble, not me

You’re kitten right I did. And I don’t regret it. I think we learned something neat. And yes I did assume I was right.

Anyways, on your point of mats drying up, that wouldn’t realistically happen. People will always want different things. The guy that needs fangs might have a bunch of blood he has picked up, so he drops those into the market to flip for fangs. The guy that needs scales might dump in claws.

There will always be people getting the mats one way or another and there will always be people putting them in the TP to turn in to something else.

You also have people that farm up common materials to promote to T6 and sell in the TP for profit. So there are materials that are pretty much coming from thin air.

We had it easy because of the bots. They created an influx in supply. Now the majority of them are gone, prices for mats and drops are stabilizing to how they were designed. New players will be playing closer to how Anet intended us to be.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Understanding Logic

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Not that the original thread topic was terrifically interesting or original, but…

Shouldn’t we be talking about how frustrating drop-rates can be (rather than thespian pr0n)?

Understanding Logic

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

I hate when mmo implemented mf sets. Years ago. anyway i dont want to grindfest anymore in a mmo i will wait for any others game.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Understanding Logic

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Loot is pretty ugly right now. Sadly enough. With full Magic Find and Luck, its still pretty painful – not enough to keep me at the new island killing the same two enemies over and over for the drops that are dropping. About 10 minutes of that and you’re ready to shoot yourself in the foot. Karka, Karka, Karka, Drake, Drake, Karka, Karka, OH WATER! Shark, Shark, Drake, Drake, Karka, etc etc etc. =/ And, wow. I got a vial of blood and a few common weps. Sigh.

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

Acidic I sincerely hope you are right, but unfortunately I think you will not be, reasons

1 Less people playing (partly because of certain new mechanics, partly due to shine has gone)

2. Already the new content is starting to look like a high +toughness +vitality requirement, meaning people running those events (quite a large number now, should tail of) will mostly require the same tier 6 ingredient

3. People flipping are already running low on tier 6 materials (at least on the server I play on), the bot excess is being used up.

4. People wanting specific armour sets will slowly farm them, get what they need, craft their armour and stop. Maybe Ancient bones will remain high, tier 6 blood also (because of karka?) but the rest will lessen over time

Just thoughts……

Understanding Logic

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I see I am in the minority then, you all happy with 4 items from 50 mobs, that’s ok, play the game.

Peace, coming soon to a theatre near you………

You aren’t the only one. The drops in the area you’re in are freakishly low, even lower than the reduced rates in Orr in my experience.

Yes, you shouldn’t have to run in a dungeon and find four other people available to commit the same 40 minutes, and be able to commit to each of them when they need 40 minutes, in order to make money in game.

Ideally, you should be able to spend 40 minutes of open world farming and earn similarly to any other form of wealth generation. But with the loot nerfs, DR and fewer/broken event spawns, it isn’t working out that way.

Understanding Logic

CETheLucid.3964

I hate when mmo implemented mf sets. Years ago. anyway i dont want to grindfest anymore in a mmo i will wait for any others game.

Then don’t play the game like a grindfest. Anet puts the ball in your court.

It’s not necessary to grind or even very lucrative given more productive means to get to what you want.

The worst grind you’re going to find in this game is for pretty shiny things. Entirely aesthetic. That hasn’t changed.

You don’t need pretty shiny things.

You can get by and even thrive financially (more so since you’re not dumping your money into the pretty shiny things goldsink) with the basic/default skin gear.

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

Sorry CETheLucid, but by that Logic I might as well stay in my starting gear……..

Characters progress, yes all dungeons can be done in Green (until a gearscore mentality kicks in….. and it WILL) but I might as well stay level 76 (that was when I completed World Explorer)….

The reason why high-end things are in the game is something for players to aim for, the reason why 60-80% of mobs killed dont drop anything, is just dull and uniteresting

Understanding Logic

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

T6 mats have always had bad drop rates but there was just simply no demand for them it was so easy to get top level gear with out even needing gold so why waist your time farming T6 mats you where better off running events for random loot drops and rares. It was to the point before fractal that you where better off bugging events that would drop lode stones and farm them to day (well not so much a bug but more on the lines of not completing the event and just killing the mobs that pop).
T6 mats should be hard to get they are the top crafting items in the game and it feels like it when you make something with these like making items with lode stones.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

Hi Jski,

I am actually not massively disappointed with mobs not confetti scattering tier 6 crafting items, I am actually very disappointed that level 80’s don’t seem to drop anything at all (including junk), at least by selling junk I can buy mats, now the only consistent, reliable way to get enough gold to purchase the necessary materials, is to buy Gems and convert or run fracs, salvage yellows and sell globs (or blobs, whatever)

Understanding Logic

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Hi Jski,

I am actually not massively disappointed with mobs not confetti scattering tier 6 crafting items, I am actually very disappointed that level 80’s don’t seem to drop anything at all (including junk), at least by selling junk I can buy mats, now the only consistent, reliable way to get enough gold to purchase the necessary materials, is to buy Gems and convert or run fracs, salvage yellows and sell globs (or blobs, whatever)

What is the rate for gem to gold in the game? Seems worth looking at unless your going the bad way of buying gold in game. You must realize that gem prices changes the more ppl who turn in gems for gold the less gold they will get so in time it will push gems to gold where it becomes no longer worth it. What i am saying just because a game can have such a thing in it dose not mean its going to be used or if they intend for it to be used in that way. To me it seems the aim was to let ppl buy gems with gold (i love this a lot not many greedy games out there will let you do this but this game dose) now if you have left over gems then yes you can use them for a bit of gold so you do not end up with 5 gems that you have no use for.
If you do not like trading gems for gold then do not do it if others want to do it then let them you have no right to dictate what they should or should not do.
As things stand there even a system out side of the gem system that lets you get keys for the chest and high in tools that are 250 strong so they even given ppl a chose to stay out of the gem system (i hope they add more to this) so i am not sure what else you want from this game do you want free items that rain from the sky like mana from heaven or do you want to work for something and feel that you made it your own?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Understanding Logic

CETheLucid.3964

Sorry CETheLucid, but by that Logic I might as well stay in my starting gear……..

Characters progress, yes all dungeons can be done in Green but I might as well stay level 76 (that was when I completed World Explorer)….

The reason why high-end things are in the game is something for players to aim for, the reason why 60-80% of mobs killed dont drop anything, is just dull and uniteresting

Some people do stay in their starting gear. Maybe mix the armor bits to make your own unique look.

You have that option. It’s an aesthetic choice and one you can make in game without hindering your effectiveness at all.

Now if you haven’t changed your gear at all since you began the game, that’s more of a L2P issue and something Anet can’t fix for you.

Is your argument that you shouldn’t need to worry about gear period?

Because then you’d be in the wrong genre of game altogether. You’d do better with something like Zelda or Fire Emblem.

But I think even in some of those, you still need to worry about gear to a certain extent… maybe Super Mario?

I’m not sure where you want to go with this?

Many folks here already told you what you need to do to get better drops or else get the mats you need. It doesn’t have to be grinding, but you can do that if you so choose.

Give it an honest try before you go on an unintelligible tirade maybe?

(until a gearscore mentality kicks in….. and it WILL)

Déjà Vu.

Keep preaching it oh mighty gearscore prophets of doom.

(edited by CETheLucid.3964)

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

Hmmm Neither of you have read my post, I am in full exotics with three ascended items (including backpiece, now infused), do you think I am the kind of player that expects uber power to rain upon me?

No I am the kind of player that after killing 50+ level 80 mobs, expects more than 4 items to have dropped, you both appear to be the kind of players that don’t mind that. See the thread about MF being broken since the last patch btw. Until I see a confirmed, MF = This % chance of getting ANYTHING to drop and how MF affects RNG (and whether or not it has been fixed), why would I invest in it?

Understanding Logic

CETheLucid.3964

Hmmm Neither of you have read my post, I am in full exotics with three ascended items (including backpiece, now infused), do you think I am the kind of player that expects uber power to rain upon me?

No I am the kind of player that after killing 50+ level 80 mobs, expects more than 4 items to have dropped, you both appear to be the kind of players that don’t mind that. See the thread about MF being broken since the last patch btw. Until I see a confirmed, MF = This % chance of getting ANYTHING to drop and how MF affects RNG (and whether or not it has been fixed), why would I invest in it?

Then to be honest friend, I have no idea what game you’re playing. With several large bags, I still need to make room if I start really laying into mobs.

Unless you went and triggered the anti-farm/bot code to the upteenth degree (and that puts you waaay out of the league of the casual player), after killing 50+ level 80 mobs you really should have more then four item drops. Even if the anti-bot/anti-farm code kicked in.

I don’t know what your problem is. Try and get in touch with support.

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

Today I run fractals from 12-15. I then did some real work. I zoned into Frostgorge Sound, beat down 50+ Colossus and gain 4 items (as detailed above), please note in my OP I asked whether this could be a bug.

Instead what I received was vitriol, spelling and grammar corrections (which proved to be incorrect) and a few forum posters have decided I am a cry baby that wants free everything…….

Learn to read OP, then flame me…..

Understanding Logic

CETheLucid.3964

Today I run fractals from 12-15. I then did some real work. I zoned into Frostgorge Sound, beat down 50+ Colossus and gain 4 items (as detailed above), please note in my OP I asked whether this could be a bug.

Instead what I received was vitriol, spelling and grammar corrections (which proved to be incorrect) and a few forum posters have decided I am a cry baby that wants free everything…….

I find it hard to believe that after killing 50+ level 80 mobs you only got four item drops out of it. You’re hard to follow.

You say four item drops now, but earlier you say four rare crafting material drops.

There’s a big difference there and I get the idea you’re being dishonest when you change your story like that.

If you mean you only got four rare/exotic item drops, that’s pretty standard fare, even fairly good without any MF.

If that’s your story, you really should be more specific when you post.

I wouldn’t mind personally if the drop rate for that stuff were a little better on the whole, especially the stuff needed for less then 80 crafts.

But for your part, you’re very defensive with folks who are just trying to help you out.

Understanding Logic

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

DevonPaul, I do believe the drop rate was nerffed recently by accident. If I recall correctly, Anet has mentioned this in relation to the World Map Completion so I assume it affected everything else too.

ReginaBuenaobra
North American Community Team Lead
Next
Hey, everyone: we’re aware of the bug where people are not getting 100% completion even though they have 100% in every map. The team is looking into it. Thank you for all the reports.

Thread here – see page 3
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/100-world-completion-bug/page/3

Understanding Logic

CETheLucid.3964

DevonPaul, I do believe the drop rate was nerffed recently by accident. If I recall correctly, Anet has mentioned this in relation to the World Map Completion so I assume it affected everything else too.

ReginaBuenaobra
North American Community Team Lead
Next
Hey, everyone: we’re aware of the bug where people are not getting 100% completion even though they have 100% in every map. The team is looking into it. Thank you for all the reports.

Thread here – see page 3
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/100-world-completion-bug/page/3

I’ve looked around in this thread (not very thoroughly mind you) and checked the dev tracker, and I don’t see them saying anything about the item drop rate being bugged or nerfed.

I found this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Do-Permanent-items-still-drop-in-BLT-Chests/861990

((shrug))

If you find a dev speaking on it and not just forum complainers (or even something on a fansite by someone reputable would be nice), I’d appreciate a link. Thanks!

Understanding Logic

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Its DR at its finest, they dont want you farming outside of your dungeon now get back in your cell prisoner.

Understanding Logic

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

Hi Guys – since this thread is about Understanding Logic the logic fairy has arrived with his logic bat…

You play a game which has ongoing microtransaction revenue model, not monthly subscriptions. If there was anything in the MT store that would give advantage directly (lets say the Sword of Wahhh – always gets updated to 2% better than the best non MT loot) it would equal a “Stick”.

Instead there are incentives to short-cut around some possible time/effort/risk application that encourage a player to go to the store, these are a variety of “Carrots”.

Applying the “Stick” rubs almost everyone the wrong way – always, so instead we have “Carrots”. Putting time/effort to achieve a reward is harder than putting out cash to streamline it – so everything here is working as intended…

Sorry what was the LOGIC that we were meant to feel was broken?

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Understanding Logic

CETheLucid.3964

For the OP, I found this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged

But again, I wouldn’t put any stock into it. A casual search of some of the big fan sites reveal no such complaints or similar threads. They might be there. I’d appreciate a link.

But yeah. I’m not so quick to take this on the word of our official forum visitors alone.

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

I find it hard to believe that after killing 50+ level 80 mobs you only got four item drops out of it. You’re hard to follow.

You say four item drops now, but earlier you say four rare crafting material drops.

There’s a big difference there and I get the idea you’re being dishonest when you change your story like that.

If you mean you only got four rare/exotic item drops, that’s pretty standard fare, even fairly good without any MF.

If that’s your story, you really should be more specific when you post.

I wouldn’t mind personally if the drop rate for that stuff were a little better on the whole, especially the stuff needed for less then 80 crafts.

But for your part, you’re very defensive with folks who are just trying to help you out.

Ok so you STILL haven’t read my initial post:

I try to focus on two or three enemies types (grawl, colossus and skelks) as these drop the required items I need for crafting. Now upon zoning in to the area, I take on roughly 50 Colossus (s?) and get 4 drops, of anything (two of junk shards). Now is this a bug, working as intended or am I just plain unlucky?

At what point did I say 4 Rare Crafting materials? At what point did I say Blue or green (or above items), later on in one of my posts, I detail exactly what it was that dropped, but in my INITIAL post I said "4 drops of “anything” (Two of junk shards – in this case Ice chards, remember I am fighting Colossus)…..

But call me a liar, its so much easier than reading the OP, I didn’t “change my story” as you put in another post, you failed to read the OP and responded to other users comments. Its ok, you LIKE the drop rates the way they are, I don’t. SO I will go back to farming fractals to earn the yellos, to salavge the globs to buy the materials required, afterall I have +20 agony resist, they are a breeze.

But that is 1 dimensional gaming, the fact that you don’t see that is ok, I am ok with that. You are entitled to your opinion, but base your opinion on the OP

(edited by DevonPaul.7495)

Understanding Logic

DevonPaul.7495

For the OP, I found this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged

But again, I wouldn’t put any stock into it. A casual search of some of the big fan sites reveal no such complaints or similar threads. They might be there. I’d appreciate a link.

But yeah. I’m not so quick to take this on the word of our official forum visitors alone.

From the Reddit AMA with the developers last night:

“Not trying to spam this, but this topic hasn’t been discussed at all. Would very much appreciate ANY input on it, thank you.

Magic find and just drops in general (with or without MF gear) seems to have been greatly altered to a minimum. Also, in the most recent patch it was noted that Veterans/Champions should always drop something at least, irregardless of what quality. Is the system working as you intended since the update or are there most definitely problems with it as it stands? Also, if it is ‘working as planned’ why the huge change in drops? Coupled with diminishing rewards it is hard to farm legitly and almost points the player to the Cash Shop instead of relying on self-reliance. Thanks in advance!

[–]ArenaNetTeam[S] 12 points 4 hours ago
Hi Sin,
So yep you are right this is the question i have been likely dodging the most? The reason being is that it requires investigation. Vet and Champs should give good loot and there are a number of reports on perceived decrease in the frequency of drops. I will be discussing this in depth with the Production and Design team tomorrow and we will hopefully have more info soon.
Chris"