100% world completion bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Angron.7146

Angron.7146

So today it looks like something was changed, as my Krytan Explorer is now clearly complete as is my Ascalon Explorer.

I know of a friend with 170/172 Shiverpeak, so something they did is clearly out of the ordinary in comparison to me (166/172).

As the screenshot shows I still have some things to uncover but I’m beating my head on my desk trying to figure out what counts for exploration!

Assumingly it cannot be due to picking particular story lines as that wouldn’t work seeing as the title “Been there done that” is for completing a single character.

I have also done every single jumping puzzle other than the WvW ones which I am working on – they couldn’t possibly count for these areas. I honestly do not know where to look or go anymore for completing my explorer achievements!

Attachments:

Posted by: Nipaah.7023

Nipaah.7023

the Patch changed the amount needed to get the achievement, apparently Anet couldn’t count before since all the explorer achievements had too many areas to explore compared to areas you are able to find, after the update I got all the achievements completed except Maguuma and Shiverpeaks, missing 1 and 3 on those, but I know there are people who had the correct number, so they should have them all now.

What worries me now is that my “Been There, Done That” achievement still says 97% only, even though I only need 3 areas uncovered, which is WAY WAY less than 3%…

Posted by: Icen.4503

Icen.4503

Unfortunately it seems this issue isn’t resolved, I completed all of the zones according to the updated Explorer tab. Yet “Been There, Done That” is still stuck at 97%. Same with my character selection screen being stuck at 98%.

Attachments:

(edited by Icen.4503)

Posted by: Jim Travakh.7495

Jim Travakh.7495

I spent some time tonight hunting zones and I’m at 163/165 maguuma and 170/172 shiverpeaks, all else done. been there done that is at 97% though…

just to confirm, an ‘area’ is a named region on the map, right? Every area will be named and marked once discovered?

Posted by: SnowZone.4086

SnowZone.4086

just to confirm, an ‘area’ is a named region on the map, right? Every area will be named and marked once discovered?

that is correct

Posted by: Keldar Hawke.7495

Keldar Hawke.7495

I’d presume so, Jim.

Either way, I’m one of those working on 100% Map Exploration (ie, title). I’ll update with my findings post-patch.

[FALL] www.nightfallrising.com

Posted by: Jim Travakh.7495

Jim Travakh.7495

The comparator maps I’m using must be incomplete, then. Oh well

More importantly there’s no way 4 untagged areas is 3% world

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I can confirm Kryta, Orr and Shiverpeaks. Totally possible since I got the 172 in Shiverpeaks. Don’t know about Maaguuma. Seems I’m missing a lot there but heard it is possible to that amount they changed it by reading some threads from people that reached this amount. Need to check my maps again.

I hope the achievement points are awarded correctly for people that achieved everything before they tuned down the numbers.

Posted by: Antediluvian.5169

Antediluvian.5169

I have 100% on the map and acquired all the ‘explorer’ achievements. 175/175 kryta, 142/142 shiverpeaks etc etc, I ~did~ get the Gifts of exploration for the 100% pois, vistas skills etc but the achievement ‘been there done that’ is 97% on achievement tab and 98% on character select screen, so I confirm that it’s bugged somehow..

I can outrun a centaur.

Posted by: Rukario.1695

Rukario.1695

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Explorer-Achievements-Maguuma-and-Shiverpeaks/first#post151204

This is where I stand. I cannot find the other 4 areas that I’m missing in Maguuma and Shiverpeaks (2 in each.)

IGN: Rukario(.1695)
Server: Maguuma
World: 100%

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I am still stuck at 97% in my character selection screen (map completition) altho i finished it 100% and received the star. (checked after patch)

Also ingame the only achievement completely made is the Ascalon Explorer..but the rest:
Krytan explorer: 173/175
Orr explorer: 59/60
Maguuma explorer: 162/165
Shiverpeak explorer: 169/172

I don’t understand..i discovered/completed every map fully and as i said..i have the star. When i check the map overall hearts/points/sp and so on are all done.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Nipaah.7023

Nipaah.7023

@Luthan I was on before and after patch, and the achievement points were indeed awarded correctly, I had 30 points more after patch than before, I have Kryta, Orr and Ascalon fully explored, missing 1 zone in Maguuma and 2 in Shiverpeaks.

Rukario.1695

I have a feeling that specific areas on maps are not being correctly recorded as being discovered.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Explorer-Achievements-Maguuma-and-Shiverpeaks/first#post151282

However, I believe some Jump Puzzle areas ARE counted as part of the entire map. You may want to go through and do every single Jump Puzzle (or enter the map area where they are,) to see which ones give you part of the map.

Posted by: Aeridus.4706

Aeridus.4706

Can anyone hint at the hard to find places in the Maguuma areas? (Caledon Forest, Metrica Province, Brisban Wildlands, Sparkfly Fen, Mount Maelstrom) The most suspicious area on my maps is the NE corner of Sparkfly Fen. That blurry area looks way too big and intruding to be part of the blurry edge. All the other maps seem pretty clear to me. Are there any jumping puzzles that uncover map names in those zones?

(edited by Aeridus.4706)

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Still have issues. I posted the screen below. Also i received the full completition reward + have the star near my name…so i did complete everything.

Attachments:

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I still have the same issue — 100% wolrd completion, have the star, but stuck at 97% on my character select screen. My character (on the same screen!) is listed as 98% complete. Why is this so wildly inconsistent?

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Posted by: Sucuri.5348

Sucuri.5348

Add another person to the “I’ve 100% world map complete, no title for it” list.

=p

Posted by: Smartbean.5960

Smartbean.5960

I have the very same problem.

Got 100% explorer completion, got the reward from it. At the map (when pressing M) it says 100% (see top left corner of attachment 1).

Then in the character selection screen (attachment 2) it says in the bottom left corner that my character has 98% completed. In the same screen in the top right corner when hovering over the globe it says 97% completed (don’t know why that tooltip like box didn’t show in the screenie).

Also, I have aswell got the same problem with the specific areas (attachment 3);
Krytan Explorer 174/175
Orr Explorer 59/60
Maguuma Explorer 162/165
Shiverpeak Explorer 169/172
Ascalon Explorer 175/175

I really don’t get why I have these areas still open even though I did get the reward for 100% completion? Is it really those jumping puzzles? If they are included in the exploration which does make sense to be honest, then why still award a 100% completion medal/star/reward if it’s actually not 100%?

Attachments:

(edited by Smartbean.5960)

Posted by: sheena.8026

sheena.8026

Add another person to the “I’ve 100% world map complete, no title for it” list.

=p

Same here.

Posted by: Smartbean.5960

Smartbean.5960

Same here, see my post in the other thread about completion.

Posted by: Lager.9246

Lager.9246

Same here. map not open

Attachments:

Aeridus.4706

Here are all the Maguuma sector names I have, and I’m missing one:
http://www.aerobushentertainment.com/index.php?cat=walkthroughs&id=1

I’ll get the other regions up later.

Posted by: macallen.6453

macallen.6453

I’m still at 100% but no chest, no title, no star, no rewards. No change for me, still bugged. I logged out in the darn Chantry because I’m tired of people telling me to go there. This makes 4 things that are bugged are broken that I want to do, and I’m getting tired of the bugs.

Posted by: Ghost.1358

Ghost.1358

To further confuse things I was 164/165 in Maguuma after the patch. I found I was missing The Serpentwind area and quickly went to discover it. I’m still 164/165.

I think I’m just gonna give up worrying about it for now and assure it’s got layers of bugs that need sorting through.

Posted by: sirrell.6712

sirrell.6712

I have just completed all the explorer achievements.

My ‘Been There, Done That’ achievement is still on 97%.
100% world completion and all jumping puzzles finished too.

So I’ve been there, done that, but haven’t got the T-shirt yet, am I missing something else?

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

So now that the location count is fixed, does anyone have a link to a place with the required maps? I’m only missing a few areas now.

Posted by: Sal.4672

Sal.4672

Is it possible to have every area completed but still miss 1 heart, 5 POI and 6 Vistas? I’ve checked every single area, they’re all completed and I’ve done the WvW and PvP areas, still stuck at those.

Posted by: sirrell.6712

sirrell.6712

So now that the location count is fixed, does anyone have a link to a place with the required maps? I’m only missing a few areas now.

The maps on the wiki had most of the areas I’d missed. The others were easy to spot from the in-game map.

Posted by: FYI I AM A SPY.6974

FYI I AM A SPY.6974

I’m now missing 2 areas in magumaa and orr and 3 in shiverpeaks. My ascalon and kryta are complete now. still at 97%.

Rukario.1695

Even if you finish all of the maps areas (I have, all of them at 100%,) you will not go any further past 97% and 98% on your account credentials. This is just a bug and it needs to be fixed by Anet to register 100% on all three.

As for the Exploration Area Achievements, they can ALL be finished. There are no missing zones or extra ones that you can’t get to. You must search across your maps to find the areas you haven’t uncovered on your map.

In Maguuma, the top ones are Aurora’s Remains & The Serpentwind.

In Shiverpeaks, it’s Tail of the Serpent, and Lair of the Coil; along with Ulukk’s Hunger.

==

See: [ https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Explorer-Achievements-Maguuma-and-Shiverpeaks/first#post154682 ]

Posted by: Spriggan.9758

Spriggan.9758

I am also a big confused here. I have been stuck at 99% since lauch day.

Completed every jumping puzzle
Every map shows 100% (including WvW) but I’m still somehow missing 1 Poi and 1 Vista (yes I’ve done Chantry a few dozen times).
I have also revisited and explored every single zone to no avail. I cannot find those last 2 things.
Basically I’m asking for help: where might that last Vista and Poi be? I have revisited everyzone pretty much daily for the last 2 weeks looking for them.

(edited by Spriggan.9758)

Posted by: Sal.4672

Sal.4672

Are there any hearts that are not in the surface area, or isn’t included in Tyria surface areas?

SnowZone.4086

since most new threads are getting buried, I will bring this one up to date: 100% world completion* is working for the most part, a few people still have not received their chest reward. explorer achievements* are working, first screenshot attached. “Been There, Done That”* is NOT working, character screen says 98% and the achievement itself says 97%.

notes:

world completion* – specific collection of all PoIs, Vistas, skill challenges, waypoints and renown hearts, EXcluding dungeons

explorer achievements* – specific discoveries of white-named areas, EXcluding dungeons (these achievements also have no relation to world completion)

“Been There, Done That”* – the full 100% completion of explorer achievements: kryta 175, orr 60, maguuma 165, shiverpeak 172, ascalon 175

Attachments:

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

You can add me to the list of people not receiving the title, I just got all of the Kryta/Orr/Magumma/Shiverpeaks/Ascalon etc done.

But I do have the star from getting all of the way points, hearts etc.

Posted by: Odin.8254

Odin.8254

Just wondering, if anyone has succeded to map completion, I am stuck with 99% due to all the bugs and wondered why the hell things arn’t fixed? (Even though in the patch today some have been fixed apparently, yet none of the ones that bugged me are fixed…)

Posted by: Kilroy.3598

Kilroy.3598

I did just today, unfortunately i got no star. Anyone know why?

Kilroy.3598

Been checking forums, hopefully a moderator can help me out. [img]http://i.imgur.com/eLpLK.jpg[/img]

Kilroy.3598

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eLpLK.jpg[/IMG]

Just 100% complete the map after I read about the September 17th patch notes which says: Fixed bugs in the Exploration achievement so players can now receive 100% map completion.

I managed to get the 100% complete, no reward (not sure if there is a reward chest for 100% map completion) or star next to my name. When im at the login screen it doesn’t show. I also didn’t get any achivement or mail from the Tyria explorer Society. Thank you for your time

Aeridus.4706

Aurora’s Remains was the one I was missing; thanks!!!

Also, to the person who got 346 hearts in their achievement: How? Or is that an accountwide total?

(edited by Aeridus.4706)

SnowZone.4086

Aurora’s Remains was the one I was missing; thanks!!!

Also, to the person who got 346 hearts in their achievement: How? Or is that an accountwide total?

account wide total indeed =]

Posted by: Tubby Chan.8502

Tubby Chan.8502

I recently got the 100% world map completion including the achievement and 2 gifts of explorer but still when I go to my character login screen the world medal only says 97%. My friend that also just got 100% said his login screen said 100% so I think I might be bugged. Any one else having this issue?

Posted by: Vman.2510

Vman.2510

I have this same thing with me

Posted by: BakaOniiChan.9564

BakaOniiChan.9564

I havethis problem but I never got my 2 gifts of explorer

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Hey, everyone: we’re aware of the bug where people are not getting 100% completion even though they have 100% in every map. The team is looking into it. Thank you for all the reports.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Posted by: Ghostly.4162

Ghostly.4162

They lowered the last 2 but didn’t fix the first 3…. I’m 59/60 orr and I’ve explored every single possible inch of all 3 maps… how cute.

Posted by: Soup.5618

Soup.5618

they said they fixed it… so i come online… and no they havent fixed it yet

Posted by: Beanso.6580

Beanso.6580

They lowered the last 2 but didn’t fix the first 3…. I’m 59/60 orr and I’ve explored every single possible inch of all 3 maps… how cute.

I have all 5 of the “… Explorer” achievements so it’s definitely fixed.

Still stuck at 97% for “Been there, Done that” though.

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Did you finish exploring the WvW maps? There are 4 total. The names vary based on the particular servers you are fighting against but they are still essentially the same maps.

Posted by: Beanso.6580

Beanso.6580

Yes, I have 100% world completion which requires completion of WvW maps. Exploration of WvW maps is done by default, everything is uncovered before you step foot in them.

Posted by: RuhaiHu.4956

RuhaiHu.4956

Question on the WvW, did you get all the poi’s, skill points, and vistas? I am pretty sure last time I was in there I had to actually go out and those still and it was increasing my World %. Not sure what it falls under though.

Note I am only around 60% world completion and I have not completed WvW areas and Eternal area yet.