100% world completion bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: lufy.7263

lufy.7263

I also have the issue you are talking about regarding 97% by a single character, my main listed as 98% done, and having done world map exploration to 100%.

I was looking at the numbers you were listing as being stuck at and I have actually gotten to this right now:

175/175 Kryta (those above were saying they couldn’t complete it but I did today)
59/60 Orr
160/165 Magguma (I havn’t done all the puzzles yet)
168/172 Shiverpeaks (I havn’t done all the puzzles yet)
175/175 Ascalon (doing puzzles completed the couple I was missing)

I’m thinking this perhaps might not be a bug. For ex., I ended up going into a couple caves in various areas that gave me one of the few points I was missing that as far as the map paint is concerned, was uncovered, but I did not get the exploration credit until I went into it. I’m not entirely sure, but right now I am trying to scour Orr and I have no idea where the last thing could be. It’s got so many nooks and crannies it’s insane.

Niiv, 80 Guardian
PvE Director, Synergy Consortium
Darkhaven

Posted by: Shini.7542

Shini.7542

Did you do all the dungeons? Story/Explore mode? There are several areas to explore and poi in them.

[IL] Shinis (Thief+Ranger)
Dzagonur

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

Thanks for the update.
I finished all areas and was wondering what else i might have missed since so far i got:
-all vistas, points of interest, way points and skill points
-all zones uncovered
-all puzzle achievements (including crash landing and revenge of “pirate guy”)

For those tracking the areas:
Although not all wiki maps are up to date i think the pages list all the zones.
I just made copy of the zones for all the areas to Word (ignore sub-areas that sometimes are listed too) and just went over each map crossing the ones i had. Eventually I found the 2 missing places.
Not that practical but at least it’s systematic and way better than walking around aimlessly .

Posted by: Seth.1079

Seth.1079

Have you checked your map against http://gw2cartographers.com/?

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Not sure this will be popular but there are actually 179 areas in Ascalon. I just got the 175 achievement despite having 4 areas uncovered in the last Ascalon zone I’m working on completing

Did they add extra areas or has it always been possible to get 179?

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Actually reading through the thread it seems like it has always been 179.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Demorgoth.1205

Demorgoth.1205

Add my name to the list.

For referrence (and/or debugging)

World completion (hearts, vistas, etc) : 100% and Gifts received
Individual region explorer achievements: All at 100%
Been there, done that: Stuck at 97%

All jumping puzzles (except Crash Landing) completed
All 4 WvW maps complete for hearts/poi/etc. as well as puzzles
All cities complete for hearts/poi/etc
Chantry fully revealed

Posted by: Sinrei.2371

Sinrei.2371

The advice of going through portals from Lions Arch worked perfectly.

Some quick info, hopefully it helps out people:
- I have all Hearts, Vistas, POIs, Waypoints, Skillpoints.
- The only dungeon I did was Arah for story completion at 80.
- In-game it says 100% World completion.
- Login screen says 98% and the World Icon when hovered says 97%.

In the end, going from Lions Arch to Hoelbrak didn’t work. Then I tried Black Citadel and immediately got the rewards.

Hope this helps out and GL!

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Does anyone know about Maaguma? It seems a lot of people have the 165 there but I saw in the players help players forums at least 2 other threads(that got pushed back to page 2+ at the forums and probably not enough people seeing them) with people only haveing 164.

I was at 161 and found 2 more not at the border of the maps which were easy to find cause it looked a bit blurry. And you never now at the borders of the map but compared my maps to wiki maps with names of the areas on them (except sparkfly fen the english wiki did not have a map with names of the areas on it) and found 1 more.

At 164 now… does anyone know if areas in the cities count too? Maybe I did not check everything there? The Asura have lots of portals but not easy to know where you checked already because the worldmap for the main cities is always unlocked by default.

Maybe some jumping puzzle… but last thread I read someone was at 164 with having completed all the jumping puzzles and someone did not get the golemagical institue awarded.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Explorer-Maguuma-Explorer
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Maguuma-explorer

Edit: Wait.
Could it be this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Stuck-on-Krytan-Explorer/first#post154040
Aurora’s Remains… did not find this. The guy mentioned it in his thread. Probably one of the harder to find areas and I think it was not on the map in the wiki(needs to be updated then). So probably easy to miss even if you compare maps. And that zone always looked low on areas(not many names) if it could have more hidden somewhere.

(edited by Luthan.5236)

Posted by: BakaOniiChan.9564

BakaOniiChan.9564

I went to the Chantry of Secrets at bloodtide coast, you take the bloodend waypoint, which is by the skill point, but west of Stormbuff Isle and you go through the portal and you should have the completion sign. Apparently Chantry is showing up as its own place so you need to rediscover it to get the chest. Try it out and tell me if it works

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Okay. I found the area I was looking for. Was the area I mentioned in my last post here.
I have now 100 percent World Completion. All 5 area explorer titles maxed at 100 percent.

Been there done that achievement is at 97 percent.
Account medal at char selection at 97 percent.
And char info details(with race, name, class, level and other stuff) at char selection says 98 percent.

Posted by: Kopyrighted.1632

Kopyrighted.1632

Don’t know if it’s been said, but could anyone that has 165/165 Maguuma and 172/172 Shiverpeak post maps?

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Thanks, BakaOniiChan. It worked for me as well, even I was there before.

Posted by: thun.5274

thun.5274

165/165 Maguuma

Attachments:

Posted by: captaincrunch.6731

captaincrunch.6731

Same problem here. I just finished my world map completion today after the latest patch.

Posted by: Telarus.8107

Telarus.8107

I have the same issue, 97%, even though I have 100% map completion, and all of the <area> explorer achievements completed.

Posted by: VooDooU.4891

VooDooU.4891

Same here pic included

Attachments:

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

I have the same problem and want to add few more screens:

Attachments:

(edited by Luna.9640)

Posted by: hyperstalker.2613

hyperstalker.2613

i have 100% but not all the explorer achievements which i dont know how but still i thought it went off the world completion.

Posted by: MajorFauxPas.2364

MajorFauxPas.2364

There are areas I’ve heard of where players were rolled back to 97% completion after previously having 100% and received rewards for that particular area.

Perhaps more was added to the maps these past few patches?

Hey, um, which way to the outhouse?

Posted by: FERVID.2741

FERVID.2741

I’m also really confused by all this.

Login Screen:
http://imageshack.us/a/img442/5452/97012687.png
1) Character “Fervid” with 98% Map completion.
2) Map Completion Medal – 97% completed map progress with a single character.

In Game Screen:
1) Hero Achievement displays 97% Map Completion.
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6226/gw348d.jpg
2) “M” Map Status displays 100% Map Completion.
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1507/gw347k.jpg
3) Screenshot of 100% Map Completion Achievement
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7131/gw341l.jpg

Posted by: sirrell.6712

sirrell.6712

It’s a bug, they are looking into it.

Posted by: konvay.2157

konvay.2157

Try going to chantry of secrets, that’s what I had to do. It is still bugged though as the achievement/medal is stuck on 97%

This is where I’m at, 100% in the top right of my map, but 97% on my character select. I’l check Chantry and then edit this post if it fixed it.

EDIT: That gave me the 100% map awards, awesome!

(edited by konvay.2157)

Posted by: Yackeroeni.5768

Yackeroeni.5768

I have the same problem, maybe you’re supposed to do something else to get Been There Done That? I have all the explorer achievements and the 100% completion but I didn’t get the title.

Posted by: Miotas.7928

Miotas.7928

what did you get as rewards for the 100% map completion?

hyperstalker.2613

yea i got my 100% from WvW i got the chest from the place but no 100% chest or anything

hyperstalker.2613

There are areas I’ve heard of where players were rolled back to 97% completion after previously having 100% and received rewards for that particular area.

Perhaps more was added to the maps these past few patches?

but i still have 100% world completion i have all the waypoints and such so i should receive my rewards yet ive gotten nothing.

Posted by: Miotas.7928

Miotas.7928

what do you expect as rewards? anything apart from the gifts of exploration?

hyperstalker.2613

well i got my 100% finally had to go to chantry even though i had already got the POI there.

Posted by: Kopyrighted.1632

Kopyrighted.1632

Okay so I got my 100%, got my Gifts of Exploration but I’m just wondering, is it normal that i got low level blues (26’s) from completing all the 4 WvW maps? Best one I got was a pair of 46 47 rares, and that was from like my first map.

Posted by: Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

I’m not sure how adding another “me too!” post is going to help, but I’m also stuck. My character selection numbers haven’t even budged since yesterday. I got 100% world completion around 4am this morning and then found the last few spots I was missing for the exploration achievements a few minutes ago.

World Completion: 100% (Received the 2 gifts.)
Krytan Explorer: 175/175 (100%)
Orr Explorer: 60/60 (100%)
Maguuma Explorer: 165/165 (100%)
Shiverpeak Explorer: 172/172 (100%)
Ascalon Explorer: 175/175 (100%)
Been There, Done That: 97%

Character selection screen:
Character – 98% Map complete
Map Completion Medal: 97%

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Guess I’ll just echo this for me aswell.

I have 100% map completion, but obviously missing 1 zone in Maguuma and 2 in Shiverpeaks, that I cannot find for the life of me. I’ve written down every area on every zone in the areas and compared with my in-game, and still can’t seem to find them. Started doing jumping puzzles, but have all the ones for Maguuma area done and nothing there.

I did get the exploration pieces for 100% map completion as well. So I assume I have gotten all the rewards that are given. I did hear about getting exotics, but that might of been changed or something.

But same as everyone else in other regards:
Character Selection: 98%
Been There, Done That achievement: 97%
Map Medal: 97%

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Totdigital.3925

Totdigital.3925

Same here:
Character Selection: 98%
Map Medal: 97%

Is really frustrating seeing all that ppl with medals and knowing you did that 2 but did not got anything for it :|

Posted by: zun.2905

zun.2905

Same here :
100% map, all explorer achievements = 97% achievement, 98% character, 97% medal.

Posted by: Nipaah.7023

Nipaah.7023

Anet is working on the Been There, Done That achievement I believe they said in another thread, they know it’s bugged.

Also to the people saying dungeons count, anet has confirmed dungeons do NOT count toward exploring areas or world completion.

175/175 Kryta (those above were saying they couldn’t complete it but I did today)

It used to be 179 and bugged, 175 was always possible, people could not complete it because it was 179 before. So you did nothing special.

Posted by: Rukario.1695

Rukario.1695

For those of you asking about the Explorer Achievements for Kryta, Maguuma, Orr, Shiverpeaks, and Ascalon; they -ARE- doable. If you are missing any areas, it’s because you never discovered them. Go looking, you will find them eventually.

However, doing Dungeons is NOT part of either World Completion, nor Explorer Achievements, besides for the Dungeon Completion in itself.

So, please read before posting more about Maguuma and the rest, or at least read the forums for alternative threads that contain those parts in the titles.

IGN: Rukario(.1695)
Server: Maguuma
World: 100%

Posted by: Jrock.2149

Jrock.2149

Same here, I only got the chest reward nothing else.
Unless you got to get all the hidden Poi’s. That would be lame.
Character Selection: 97%
Map Medal: 100%

Attachments:

Posted by: Mexay.4521

Mexay.4521

I’m having the same problem as everyone else.

100% World Complete on map.

ALL Explorer things complete.

97% on BT,DT
97% on Medal
98% on character

Assuming it’s a bug.

Mexay Lathyre – Level 80 Warrior Greatsword/Longbow

Still waiting on Customer Support. #121025-001252

Posted by: Ancientwolf.2580

Ancientwolf.2580

I received the Explorer Achievements for Kryta, Maguuma, Orr, Shiverpeaks, and Ascalon, but however I still missing one Orr Skill Point for 100% World completion due to a bug sitting at 99%. It seems that the Skill point isn’t needed for the Explorer Achievements but it is based off of the POIs and the area names in the zones.

Posted by: Xanoth.8641

Xanoth.8641

My “Been there, done that” achievement is 97%

I have 100% on the map and got my 2 gifts of exploration, I am 100% in all zones for the zone exploration achievement (175/175 for Kryta, 60/60 for Orr, 185/165 for Maguuma… etc. Those are done), Story is complete.

Been there done that has been 97% for a few days and hasn’t moved, despite doing at least 4-5 new zone exploration paths. I’ve also done 4 extra jumping puzzles and still it hasn’t moved towards 98%. That said If it only counts as progress when you’ve done all paths and tick of the achievement then that could explain it, but I got 2 zones finishes for the explorer achievements and that didn’t bump it at all either. I was hoping to get the sub path done in CoE tonight but it’s late and I doubt there will be any groups running) as that would give me 4/4 for that zone.

At character select it tells me I have 98% map completion. When I hover over the map medal it tells me 97% and in game when I hit M it correctly shows 100% for map completion.

I’d love to know why so many values and how we can progress them. While I’m not totally obsessive with achievements, I do like to nibble at them as something to do and keep busy with).

Posted by: macallen.6453

macallen.6453

Just an update, still 100% map, still no star/chest/title. I’m close on the explorer achievements so will go knock them out, maybe one of those discoveries will push me over.

macallen.6453

OK, update for me…I am 100% map completion, AND I am 100% for all of the explorations (all puzzles, all zones, but not instances). I STILL have no titles, no rewards, no chest, no star, nothing. Character selection still shows me 97%, though I’m 175, 60, 165, 172, and 175, all of which show Completed, 510 exploration achievement points.

I don’t have a legendary and haven’t completed any dungeons, because the loot is garbage and they’re a waste of time. That, and I STILL can not get into the Crucible.

If you need me, I’ll be playing Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2.

Posted by: Soothsayer.9476

Soothsayer.9476

I just got 100% map completion, it gave me 2 gifts of exploration as a reward. However on the character screen it says 97% on the medal, and 98% under the character name just like the rest of you.

Do we still get the star by our name? I’ve no idea how to check seeing as we can’t self target

Posted by: Shuntensatsu.9056

Shuntensatsu.9056

At character selection screen it says:
98% Map Complete and the medal says 97%.
But I have done all the hearts, Vistas etc and ingame I have 100% World Map completion (I have received the rewards for doing it) but at Hero>Been there, Done That is says 97% even though I have done what needs.
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8168/gw220120919002750.png

Xanoth.8641

Do we still get the star by our name? I’ve no idea how to check seeing as we can’t self target

Yes, I was talking to a guildee about it just now. He confirmed I have a star (as does he), he’s also stuck at 98% although I’m not sure why he’s 1% further as I’ve done more exploration stuff than he has (puzzles and I don’t think he’s bothered with the zone explorations, just map completion).

Also I see a screenshot of someone with 0 dungeon completion that’s also 97%, I am only 3/8 on that as I’m missing the odd path from some and I’m only 3/5 in Arah. At least that confirms that it doesn’t count towards it.

macallen.6453

My son has a star by his name, we did all the exploration together. He got the reward, the title, the start, the chest, etc. I did not, doing the exact same steps.

Posted by: Anonymiss.2837

Anonymiss.2837

someone could pls post shiverpeak maps? im now at 175/175, 60/60, 171 / 172, 175 / 175 and all wiki maps etc. dont help :/

(edited by Anonymiss.2837)

Xanoth.8641

someone could pls post shiverpeak maps? im now at 175/175, 60/60, 171 / 172, 175 / 175 and all wiki maps etc. dont help :/

Probably only 2 places it can be:

Uluuk’s: http://i.imgur.com/UiF3I.jpg
Lair of the Coil: http://i.imgur.com/GhoCY.jpg

Random bonus map: http://i.imgur.com/bOehC.jpg

I’ll do the rest if you really need them, but not much off the beaten track other than those.

Posted by: Anonymiss.2837

Anonymiss.2837

Xanoth, thanks very much, but sadly i got all shown up parts :/ still missing only 1.

Posted by: Bunny.6185

Bunny.6185

Apologies, I didn’t realise that there was another thread on this. I posted a reply to the other one that I think explains why there is only 97% on the Been There Done That title.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Been-there-Done-that/first#post207097

I hope this helps people (and the Arenanet guys) to get to the bottom of the problem.

Cheers