100% world completion bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kor.5980

Kor.5980

To be clear here. What is the reward for 100% completion?

Is it the 2 purple explorers thing? Or is there something else?

I just hit 100% an hour ago, and only got the 2 purple things, but I keep seeing people mention 2 exotic items.

Posted by: Kirby.4951

Kirby.4951

I have the same problem. It as been over a week since I finished 100% map completion. My character has completed 100% map completion but it seems my login screen doesn’t agree.

Attachments:

Kirby.4951

Since I can only add 1 attachment here is my login screen.

Attachments:

Posted by: Chromatos.9852

Chromatos.9852

Out of curiosity, can everyone who has 100% world map share their progress in the exploration achievements?
I’m personally at 175, 59, 165, 169, 179, which added up is about 96%.
I’m also wondering if the account medal is tracking more than just the hearts, pois, etc that count for 100% world map.

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

Chantry seems bugged, even though i already had explored it i gained extra xp from returning there (chest reward for zone was empty) and got my world reward.
About the progress:
Map shows 100% complete
Char name (char select screen) 98% complete
Medal (char select screen) 97% complete →this has the same % has the “Been There, Done That” achievement

Still annoying not having an area uncovered tracker per zone when your status is like this:
Kryta 175/178, Orr 60/65, Maguuma 164/169, Shiverpeak 171/177, Ascalon 177/187
and you have no clue where to look…

(edited by Flameseeker.1563)

Kirby.4951

Thanks Flameseeker your suggestion worked. I returned to the chantry and received my world completion medal and another chest for the zone since I already had the original chest from the zone.

Chromatos.9852

I can confirm now that the exploration achievements track actual map areas (ie, the white place names that show up when you just walk into a new area).
Some of these are pretty hard to find, and I can’t even find any record of most of them.

Still unsure about the account medal progress, though.

Posted by: billybobbean.1658

billybobbean.1658

I’ve just got 100% now and wasn’t aware of this bug. This is seriously disappointing!

Map completion 100% according to the map screen, 97% according to the hero panel, 98% according to character select. =(

Please fix this!

EDIT : I just tried the Chantry fix and that gave me the world completion but the percentages stay the same.

Attachments:

(edited by billybobbean.1658)

Posted by: macallen.6453

macallen.6453

Did these threads get merged? I used to have 3 threads, now they’re all the same thread. Still no update from AN, though?

Posted by: Hocofaisan.2593

Hocofaisan.2593

I had 100%, and after today’s patch I have dropped to 98%.

I have no idea where to look.

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

I’m just wondering what is missing for the achievment. Being unable to claim the title is quite disappointing :/

macallen.6453

I’m still 100%, but no title, star, or reward, no recognition I got it.

Oh, and for the guy above asking for numbers: 173, 59, 165, 170, 178.

Posted by: Bobloblaw.5197

Bobloblaw.5197

I had already explored Chantry of Secrets, after reading this I zoned in there again and I got my World Completion awards (2 Gifts of Exploration).

My achievements are at 175, 59, 163, 170, 179. People in this thread are all around the same amount, but notably they are varied a little bit. When I was 100%ing I made sure I hugged the edge of zones etc to uncover the map so I am not sure where the rest are. Dungeons perhaps, specifically explorable mode.

Chromatos.9852

My achievements are at 175, 59, 163, 170, 179. People in this thread are all around the same amount, but notably they are varied a little bit. When I was 100%ing I made sure I hugged the edge of zones etc to uncover the map so I am not sure where the rest are. Dungeons perhaps, specifically explorable mode.

I was comparing my map to the list of sub-areas on the gw2 wiki. I managed to locate a handful of map areas that I was missing (such as The Artesian Waters in Cursed Shore), but there are still many more unaccounted for.
It also doesn’t help that some of the zone pages on the wiki (such as Fireheart Rise) seem to be based on outdated information.

I’m fairly certain that dungeons aren’t included, nor are jumping puzzles.

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

I’m still 100%, but no title, star, or reward, no recognition I got it.

Oh, and for the guy above asking for numbers: 173, 59, 165, 170, 178.

Go to the Chantry of Secrets. Even if I had been there before, I had to go back there to receive my reward.

Posted by: Nipaah.7023

Nipaah.7023

PvP and dungeons maps (including their exploration mode) count toward the achievement which is probably what a lot of people are missing.

Dungeon maps do NOT count towards the achievement, I have uncovered several dungeons while keeping an eye on the explorer tracks, it changes nothing when you do uncover areas in dungeons.

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

I left dungeons for last and after doing AC it didn’t change the Ascalon uncovered areas.
Regarding puzzles some count other don’t. For example griffonrook and king jalis refuge have their own areas.

Posted by: Blitzkrieg.8296

Blitzkrieg.8296

I got my reward by going to the chantry but no one can see a star next to my name, sigh.

Posted by: Natalie.5328

Natalie.5328

I finally got my 100% world complete star upon entering the Chantry of Secrets again. The one thing I’m confused about is why two different percentages are being displayed for the “complete character” medal/achievement. The percentage displayed for the “Been There, Done That” title track is 97%, which is also displayed on the account medal on the character select screen. When I actually click my character in character select, it says that the character is 98% complete. I’m pretty sure “Been There, Done That” is linked to the exploration achievements, not the world completion, but why are two different percentages being displayed?

If it helps, here are my exploration achievements:
Krytan: 175/178
Orr: 60/65
Magumma: 162/169
Shiverpeak: 169/177
Ascalon: 179/187

I’d love to know if anyone has actually received the “Been There, Done That” achievement and could chime in with some advice. It feels like I have scraped every inch GW1-style and I cannot understand how I can be missing so many areas in the Shiverpeaks and Ascalon.

Posted by: Santor.4258

Santor.4258

From what I’ve done myself and everyone who has posted here I conclude that to get the “been there done that” achievement there are only two possibilities left

1.) The dungeons must be explored in explorable mode (Story mode doesn’t count as I’ve done 4/8 SM dungeons explored everything in them and my BTDT is still at 97%)

Or

2.) This title is a bugged

So there are two things that would clear this up and end this thread

1.) Someone gets the title or solid proof (screens) of progress beyond 97% by doing explorable mode dungeons

Or

2.) A-net weighs in here and admits this is a bug which they intend to fix when they can. (I doubt this will happen as it hasn’t yet, I bet we are looking at case 1 here and A-net knows it but wants us to figure it out ourselves/aren’t looking or don’t care)

my exploration titles are at
173/178
60/65
164/169
171/177
179/187

Magumma Is the most compelling example for case 1 to me so far as I did the story mode dungeon and there are 5 map area titles/fog areas.

(edited by Santor.4258)

Posted by: Natalie.5328

Natalie.5328

Now that you mention it, Santor, it looks like the explorable modes may in fact count. The wiki for the Hero achievements state that explorable does count (if that’s anything to go on..). I’m 60/65 Orr and looked up Arah and there appears to be 5 areas in its explorable mode as well. If that IS the case, I still think this might be bugged due to the fact that two different percentages are being displayed.

Posted by: Cirez.5648

Cirez.5648

Just adding my name on this potential bug-report. I have the exact same problem as everyone else seems to have. I doubt the dungeons are a part of the achivement and if they are, it should be more clear that the world exploration percantage shown on the in-game map and the percentages shown in the achivement and in the character screen are dependant on different things.

Santor.4258

Quick note don’t go with the word of the wiki, cause I wrote that (I expect it to turn out true but as no one has yet come forward to rebut me I’ll let it ride).

Posted by: Narlashk.5703

Narlashk.5703

I dont think dungeon explorer does count.
I have Krytan at 175/178 and Manor has 4 paths.
It doesnt add up.

macallen.6453

Went to the Chantry for the 6th time…nothing. I’ve explored Arah, and all of the instances but one, the Explorer achievement does not change as I find the areas. I am still bugged.

Santor.4258

well it’s confirmed “been there done that” is bugged if it relies on the exploration achievements I just did ascolon catacombs explorable and uncovered at least 3 or 4 new areas with names on the map. my ascolonian explorer didn’t budge still at 179/187

/sigh

please fix this A-net or at least acknowledge that you are aware that it’s broken.

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

well it’s confirmed “been there done that” is bugged if it relies on the exploration achievements I just did ascolon catacombs explorable and uncovered at least 3 or 4 new areas with names on the map. my ascolonian explorer didn’t budge still at 179/187

/sigh

please fix this A-net or at least acknowledge that you are aware that it’s broken.

It would seem you missed the 2nd reply to this thread. Anet JUMPED on this to announce they are aware.

Thanks for the reports! This is an issue we’re currently investigating.

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

Posted by: Thorn.1703

Thorn.1703

I know you are aware, but I figured a video might be of some use.
So I finished the last Vista in my borderlands, which was the green one, and all I got was the map completion. The world completion did not show up even after going to Lion’s Arch, or relogging. Not sure what to do now seeing as I’ve spent 180h+ on this character and need those Gifts of Exploration…

Video

Posted by: Arintal.8792

Arintal.8792

If you didn’t get gift of exploration and you are at 100% → go to hom and chantry of secretes.

Posted by: sheena.8026

sheena.8026

I have a same bug. Please patch …

macallen.6453

If you didn’t get gift of exploration and you are at 100% -> go to hom and chantry of secretes.

For the 7th time, went to the Chantry, no change. Thanks for reading the thread before making a suggestion

Santor.4258

from now on for clarity lets all state at the beginning of our posts whether we are having the Map completion chest bug or are having the Been there done that/title screen bug.

This post is discussing the “Been there done that” bug

It would seem you missed the 2nd reply to this thread. Anet JUMPED on this to announce they are aware.

ya…
So I got the map completion chest with the two gifts of exploration as soon as I completed the map. the A-net response in the 3rd post here was about the bug that prevented one from getting the chest I got. If you had read the thread after that Shunsui especially my first post (four from the bottom on the first page of the thread) then you would know that there are two bugs being discussed if you then read my 2nd post, the fourth post I wrote (the one you quoted) would make sense to you.

thanks for pointing out that we need to be careful to note what bug we are talking about Shunsui

bottom line “been there done that” still bugged for me. I encourage anyone to post screens and an explanation of how if they have been able to progress that title past 97%

Santor.4258

this post is about the map completion chest bug

If you didn’t get gift of exploration and you are at 100% -> go to hom and chantry of secretes.

For the 7th time, went to the Chantry, no change. Thanks for reading the thread before making a suggestion

Good to know, it looks like there are two levels of bug for not getting the map completion chest one is easily fixed by going to “chantry of secrets” after finishing the rest of the map, for everyone who has this bug try that first. the second level of this bug seems to not be affected by going to chantry so everyone who has the second level of this bug please post here to let A-net know how wide spread it is.

Posted by: sidi.6803

sidi.6803

I think this missing area can be jumpping puzzles (not all ) becouse some of the puzzle are in hidden places and when u go there u discover new area. Can someone check that ?

Santor.4258

This post about BTDT achievement

I think this missing area can be jumpping puzzles (not all ) becouse some of the puzzle are in hidden places and when u go there u discover new area. Can someone check that ?

I have all of the puzzle achievements except crash landing and obsidian sanctum a few of them uncover map area but not enough to 100% any of the explorer achievements I’d show screens of my achievement panel but can only post one here and it wouldn’t all fit

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

Read my post. Pretty sure I said it several times already and it was the exact problem I had.

macallen.6453

I’m having the Map Completion bug. I’m 100% map completion on the map but no chest, no rewards, no title, no star, no recognition of completing it apart from the 100%. I’m only 97% complete on the character select for the “been there done that” achievement, though I’ve been everywhere I could find and several places I couldn’t.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Hi all!

I just wanted to assure you that we are still tracking and investigating this issue. Thank you for your continued patience as we work on this. Also, I spoke with one of the level designers about this and wanted to clear up some potential confusion over the World Completion achievement track:

The World Complete achievement track includes all of the Explorable Maps, the 6 cities in Tyria, the Chantry of Secrets, and the 4 WvW maps. It does not include any dungeons, story or PVP maps.

I hope this helps, and thanks again!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Aza.1702

Aza.1702

Thank you for looking into this. I have the same problem. Got all PoIs, Vistas, etc…, got my star, my 2 gifts, but i’m stuck at 97% with the archievement and i have all the same areas found (f.e. orr 60/65). since i don’t think that it is a coincidence that every player is unable to find the same areas i exect a bug there.

Posted by: Fire.8591

Fire.8591

Just want to chime in. Finished map completion just now (when I hit “m” and view my map it says 100% completed). Didn’t get my 2 gifts of exploration. Revisited the chantry, nothing, started visiting major cities and I finally got them when I visited the black citadel.

Posted by: Windrider.9156

Windrider.9156

Same problem! I got the 100% World completion rewards (2 Gifts of exploration) but no title from the achievement. Character screen selection says 98%.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aeridus.4706

Aeridus.4706

So to sum up, currently these are the maximum sectors currently findable:
Krytan: 175/178
Orr: 60/65
Magumma: 165/169
Shiverpeak: 172/177
Ascalon: 179/187

Looks like I’m missing 3, now to find them…

Aeridus.4706

I found the Artesian Waters (has to get into the river west of the Penitent waypoint and go south) but I’m still missing one in Magumma and one in Shiverpeak. For those who have 172 for Shiverpeak, is it possible to get to that suspiciously blurry area in Lornar’s Pass? It’s sandwiched between two zones so surely that must be accessible.

Edit: Nvm, that was Griffinrook Run apparently.

(edited by Aeridus.4706)

Posted by: Anonymiss.2837

Anonymiss.2837

would someone of you with 100% map exploration be that nice and share complete maps? i just compared maps of wiki with mine and have numbers like some other here. i wonder how to find the rest of them :/

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Related to the world completion reward: Since the 100% reward apparantly scales with the area to obtain it in, make sure you complete it in Cursed Shore, should you still have that option. People reported getting a lot more rewards than just the 2 gifts of exploration, but all I got was those two gifts when I completed it in the chantry of secrets (this area also yields an empty completion reward of it’s own).

Not sure if that’s accurate however. You also never get mail from the last zone you complete and the 100% completion.

Overall, very buggy, and unfair if the first part is correct. If Anet manages to fix the issues, sending out the missing items would be nice.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

Posted by: Satis Everskye.8647

Satis Everskye.8647

Just to add something to the discussion (and hopefully get an answer to figure out what’s going on), I recently went through the areas listed on the wiki, I compared my map to a chap with 100% completion (97% exploration) and compared my named areas with a friend who is on 175/178 in Kryta. Though my maps all look the same as all three of these sources, I am currently on 171/178. Did anyone else have any similar problems? Can you think of where you went, perhaps these extra places are listed at a subterranean level? Otherwise I’m at a loss as to which areas I may be missing!

Many thanks.

Aeridus.4706

I’m currently working on stitching together screenshots to make more complete maps (some on the wiki are REALLY out of date).

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I was Kryta 171/178 becaues I was human and explored it very early when I was still early in my personal story. After going to that island near Lion’s Arch that you visit during your story(and only visitable during story) I suddenly was at 175/178.

Also I have the same values as Aeridus for Kryta, Orr and Shiverpeak. Still not finished with Ascalon. In Maguuma seems I’m missing something. Only at 161. Are there a lot of areas discovered by jumping puzzles only at Maguuma? Because did not do jumping puzzles and still need to to a lot of them there.

And regarding the rewards: Maybe if Raap said at high level areas they did not get the reward for the map but got more rewards for world completion and if completed in chantry of secrets getting only the gifts (with chantry of secrets having a empty reward for map completion? never noticed this) the maybe it gives you both at the world completion? The 2 gifts and the 2 items you get from the map you completed last(but not the 3rd and 4th item you usually get… that 20 or 40 of one crafting material and transmu stones or a black lions key).

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I have my world completion at 100 percent now. Received the reward: 2 gifts of exploration – when I clicked at the world completion icon left of the chest. The chest was there too and giving the map completion reward. Opened this after the world completion chest. Received the usual rewards.

Been there done that achievement showing 97 percent. When I add all the “explorator” areas and divide them by the total possible I get something about 96.0000×. Maybe rounding up all the time only not at 100 where you need everything and will stay at 99 until you got everything?

Strange thing: The map completion medal at the login screen is showing 97 percent like that achievement and probably needs the areas to be discovered. I think doing all the hearts and stuff is much more work and at the worldmap ingame it is showing the same medal as in the login screen right of the “world completion” progress bar. Should be awarded at world completion 100 percent and take this value.

What I don’t understand is the char info at the login screen. There it showas:
Name
Level Race Class
98 Map complete

This should be either 100(taken from world completion) or 97 – taken from the explorer stuff and the been there done that achievement. I would prefer the medal = world completion and that stuff in the char info taking the values from the been there done that achievement.

Posted by: Daft Harlot.2713

Daft Harlot.2713

Currently my character says 93%, my medal says 92% and my ingame completion HUD says 94%! I’m hoping it doesn’t bug out, but I’ll find out soon.