100% world completion bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SnowZone.4086

SnowZone.4086

Hello, I have gotten 100% world completion (all vistas, skill challenges, etc) however when I got the last point of interest to complete the current zone, and thus completing the world, I only received a reward chest popup from the zone, and not the world. I still have yet to receive the world completion reward popup.

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

Try going to chantry of secrets, that’s what I had to do. It is still bugged though as the achievement/medal is stuck on 97%

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thanks for the reports! This is an issue we’re currently investigating.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

SnowZone.4086

thanks warhero, this actually worked haha

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

I’m wondering what is gonna happen when new maps will be added. Obviously the world completition will suddenly become lower than 100% so just by complete the new map will you take again the world completition reward?

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

I’m wondering what is gonna happen when new maps will be added. Obviously the world completition will suddenly become lower than 100% so just by complete the new map will you take again the world completition reward?

If they do it like they did in GW1, each new expansion/campaign tracked the maps individually. So full completion in one map was not affected by the addition of a second map. The second map would have it’s own, separate, 100% completion rewards.

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry

Posted by: Dokkodo.9254

Dokkodo.9254

I also have this issue. I had every POI completed, then when I got the final skill point suddenly I was missing one. I’ve cleared every single map and prior to getting the last skill point it said I had all of them, but somehow getting 100% has bugged it out.

Posted by: Rithral.4891

Rithral.4891

Yesterday I got the 100% World completion rewards (2 Gifts of exploration) but no title from the achievement.

I thought it was because the achievements also takes zones explored into account, and I probably missed some, but the fact that the achievement shows 97% and the map exploration that appears in the character selection shows 98% leads me to believe that something is bugged.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mythazor.4570

Mythazor.4570

To get that title you need to get all the explorer achievements completed. Having 100% world completion doesn’t automatically finish those for you.

I have the same problem. I also have 100% world completion and ALL of my explorer achievements say that I’m missing areas, but there is no way to see what you’re missing. In GW1 this was easy by looking at fogged areas, but my maps are all completely uncovered.

I’m waiting for a general discussion forum to open to complain about it. Right now it’s too hard to see what areas you’re missing and just going to every zone is a waste of time and money because waypoints cost way too much at level 80 to just waypoint every 2 minutes to see if you’ve missed something.

Posted by: Minilys.4765

Minilys.4765

PvP and dungeons maps (including their exploration mode) count toward the achievement which is probably what a lot of people are missing.

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

I went to chantry of secrets and I still haven’t gotten ANY reward. :S

Posted by: Nitrousoxide.6794

Nitrousoxide.6794

I got the reward but my Achievement still says 97%, Character says 98% and World says 100%. Still would like to know what else to do to get the title or if its just a bug.

Posted by: Oroton.1603

Oroton.1603

try, WvW maps, Heart of mists, Lion’s Arch, and all PvP maps to complete, there’s alot.

Tinboy.7954

I have done all WvW, heart of mists, Lion’s Arch etc.

Posted by: Afrik.2396

Afrik.2396

what about dungeons? There are some PoI’s in dungeons if memory serves. Do they count towards world completion?

Tinboy.7954

no, I know several people that have not gotten those POIs and has received the world completion reward.

Posted by: Alinora Targew.1679

Alinora Targew.1679

I got the reward but my Achievement still says 97%, Character says 98% and World says 100%. Still would like to know what else to do to get the title or if its just a bug.

Same problem here.

(edited by Alinora Targew.1679)

Posted by: Nipaah.7023

Nipaah.7023

Exact same numbers for me, I am assuming the title includes actually revealing every part of the map, not just finding all the poi hearts etc.. So if you go on explorer tab you’d need to have all Krytan Orr etc.. areas fully explored to get the title in the hero tab.

SnowZone.4086

I’ll add in some more here, yes I have gotten my world completion rewards by going to Chantry of Secrets and now I am looking at the map exploration “Been There, Done That”. As of this post, my character screen says 98% and my achievement says 97% like the rest of you guys, but here’s my numbers for each region: Kryta 175/178, Orr 60/65, Maguuma 164/169, Shiverpeak 172/177 and Ascalon 179/187

(edited by SnowZone.4086)

Posted by: Cylence.4038

Cylence.4038

I am at 100% map completion and got my reward (great reward by the way ArenaNet!). I am also only 97% on “Been There, Done That”. My achievements are 174 60 161 168 179. Looks like I am a few shorter on some. I wouldnt mind exploring all of the maps if it was a little easier to know where you havent explored.

Posted by: Kwok.1785

Kwok.1785

Just got my 100% map completion and didn’t receive the 100% map completion reward, I have received only the reward for the completion of the map I just finished (Malchor’s Leap).

Posted by: Wraith.3524

Wraith.3524

I have a severe issue with missing a singular vista. I’ve finished everything, WvW, cities, all zones, double checked them all and wasted much time and money in the process. Everything is done according to the zone indicators, there’s no vista to get.

I’m fairly sure something bugged along the way, I don’t know what to do.

SnowZone.4086

Just got my 100% map completion and didn’t receive the 100% map completion reward, I have received only the reward for the completion of the map I just finished (Malchor’s Leap).

if you haven’t already, try going into Chantry of Secrets which is the Order of Whispers base directly south of Lion’s Arch in Bloodtide Coast, inside a cave next to the Deadend Waypoint

Posted by: Mels.3457

Mels.3457

It would be nice to know if been there done that was related to 100% map completion when pressing M or related to the explorer areas in the achievement tab

Posted by: grunt.1502

grunt.1502

I have all pois, vistas, skillpoints and waypoints. I have visited Chantry of Secrets but didnt get any gift of exploration. Am I missing something? (jumping puzlles etc)

Posted by: Arintal.8792

Arintal.8792

Especially that you need pvp map vistas and such for 100%. …… sarcasm off.

Posted by: Nipaah.7023

Nipaah.7023

I have all pois, vistas, skillpoints and waypoints. I have visited Chantry of Secrets but didnt get any gift of exploration. Am I missing something? (jumping puzlles etc)

You do not need to do jumping puzzles for the 100% and gift, if it says 100% map completion when you press m, then you should get your gift.

Posted by: Rexlent.1607

Rexlent.1607

Try going to chantry of secrets, that’s what I had to do. It is still bugged though as the achievement/medal is stuck on 97%

I just did that and it worked! Thanks!

Assistant Relena
[LW]

Posted by: grunt.1502

grunt.1502

i went through asura gate from lions arch to black citadel and finally got it

Posted by: Steven.9803

Steven.9803

Dam…hopefully thats not what it actually is in the end

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

On the map screen it says 100% world completion (ALL WPs/SPs/POTs/Hearts achieved.)

But on the character select screen it says that I have 98% completion and the medal top right says that I have 97% world completion.

I’m seriously confused. Why is the game not rewarding me and displaying three different percentages?

Edit: I went to the chantry of secrets and it gave the the world completion rewards. BUT… character select still states 98% world completion and the medal is still 97%

(edited by Parvati.5780)

Posted by: mihopoulas.6307

mihopoulas.6307

Try going in the chantry of secrets. I suddently gone in and the map completion reward came up

Commander of Greek Titans [GRTS] – Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Arintal.8792

Arintal.8792

i have 100% on map. Got 2x gift of exploration. Got star by name. account medal says 97% and character screen selection says 98%.

Tinboy.7954

OMG THANK YOU grunt.1502. After I read what you said, I tried porting into every town zone there was from Lions Arch. It didn’t trigger for black citadel, Hoelbrak or the grove but on my 4th try into Rata Sum, it gave me the ZONE completion and WORLD completion rewards. Appaprently, it appears that my Rata Sum reward got bugged and it didn’t give me zone completion reward so that’s why my world completion reward did not trigger.

Posted by: Maximus Lupus.1284

Maximus Lupus.1284

I can concur that my medal is also at 97% in character selection screen, yet I’ve gotten the World Completion prizes seeing as I have already gotten all the points on the whole world map(without having to go to the Chantry of Secrets, seeing as I’ve been there once already).

Parvati.5780

Is the game marking un-explorable areas (from story lines different to the one you are on) as needing to be explored? Because looking at the achievement screen says there are still areas to be explored.

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

I am level 80. I have obtained 100% exploration of the WvW maps. In all instances the rewards were Level 26 GREENS.

Why even give such atrocious rewards?
I wish there was another button besides accept once you open that chest, because I would rather have rejected them.

I am not entitled. I would have been fine getting no chest reward; but you can’t promise someone a decent meal and then serve them a turn sandwich without them feeling resentment.

Posted by: XalteraxD.7045

XalteraxD.7045

Based on this information, I’ll make sure my final discovery point is in orr. It could be the reward scales incorrectly based on what level you are side kicked down to when you hit 100%. Obviously that IS a bug, but it’s something important to keep in mind for anyone close to 100%.

Parvati.5780

Completing the various WvW maps also rewarded my character with greens. Considering the effort involved, it doesn’t seem very fair.

Posted by: XalteraxD.7045

XalteraxD.7045

It’s a safe bet that the login screen includes dungeons, and the in-game map is just the overworld. Getting all PoIs in all dungeons is probably what is missing to hit 100% at login screen.

Posted by: Flameseeker.1563

Flameseeker.1563

Would it be possible to had a track of how many uncovered areas and total areas each zone has?
I’m nearing 100% only counting hearts/vistas/PoI/SP but my explorer (area) achievement indicates that i’m missing like 3 areas in kryta and 6 areas of maguuma.
This is rather inconvenient since the map seems clear and you have no idea where to narrow down the search.

Posted by: Aviram.7932

Aviram.7932

i cant find 3 vistas and 3 points of interest…i have all from pve and all from eternal battleground and other 3 server maps….what i miss?can someone help me plz?

Posted by: Kristo.6829

Kristo.6829

They are aware of these issues, there is places where u can find guides that u could fix it and get the reward if i remember correctly.

Posted by: macallen.6453

macallen.6453

I’m having this same issue. 100% map completion, no title, no reward. All poi/vista/etc, 100%. All jumping puzzles.

I tried going to the Whispers, but I’d already been there, twice (story and just stumbled on it), no good.
I went to Lion’s Arch and portaled in and out of the place, no good.

This is very frustrating. One data point, my last points were in the W3 maps (green borderland). I hope this helps, I’d like to get the title and star.

macallen.6453

At least you got something. I’m 100% and got nothing, not even the title and the star.

Posted by: Santor.4258

Santor.4258

So it sounds like two separate issues here

1.) I have gotten all poi’s waypoints vistas skill points and hearts and haven’t gotten the world completion chest

answer some people need to go to the chantry of secrets again* to get this to happen annoying but seams to work (has anyone done this and not had it work?)

* that’s right for a second time after you complete the rest of the map. lets stop this "but I was already there" right now.

2.) I have the above but am at 97% in the "been there done that" title/achievement what do I need to do for 100% (to a lesser extent 98% on long in screen)

answer no one knows it is rumored that getting all the poi’s in explorable dungeons or uncovering all the "map fog" in explorable mode dungeons will get you to 100% but this is unconfirmed. Can any player who has done this confirm that it works (with screens) or can A-net please let us know?

(edited by Santor.4258)

macallen.6453

I went to the Chantry, for the 4th time. Walked in, got a note that I’d completed the Chantry of Whispers (no loot, 1/1 PoI), but didn’t get the world completion notification. Still 100% on my map.

Posted by: Azure Seraph.1907

Azure Seraph.1907

The same for me, and I’ve had Chantry of Secrets completed before I even stepped onto Orr. MY last thing to accomplish was a vista in Divinity’s Reach but all i got was the regular reward for 100% towns and nothing else.

Posted by: Vex.3581

Vex.3581

Also 100% completion and no reward. Same issue as others. Whispers area has been visited.

Tinboy.7954

For those who has not gotten their world completion reward at 100% even after REVISITING the Chantry of Secrets, one or more of your zone rewards have gotten bugged so you will need to revisit that zone. This zone(s) appears to be most likely one of the major cities so go to Lion’s Arch and port to every major city from the Asura gates; this will most likely trigger the remaining zone reward and thus the world completion reward. If this does not work, you most likely need to revisit the rest of the PvE and WvW zones.