Undiscovered Mystic Forge recipes?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

So, in a recent WoodenPotatoes video (I believe it was a QandA vid), WP mentioned that one of the devs had said that there were some mystic forge recipes that absolutely nobody in game has yet to discover.

I guess this is pretty old news- I remember there being a bit of hype last Halloween about that harvesting-sickle-like dagger, but it still makes me wonder…

So- I thought we’d have a bit of fun and have a guess at what the item could be, what you’d need and why!

On an analytical level, the recipe probably either contains a rare item (that people wouldn’t randomly try tossing into the forge), a lot of an expensive material or just a very strange combination of ingredients.

I hope that the “hidden recipe” is for a weapon skin that is in-game, but unobtainable (Like the destroyer/primordus scythe). I reckon that it may be more likely to be for an existing named exotic that drops in the real world, e.g. Arthropoda/Crustacea.

So here are my first guesses/ideas:

Arthropoda/Crustacea:
250 Karka Shells
250 Elder Wood Longbow/Short Bow Stave
Eldritch Scroll
100 Mystic Coins

A bit crazier…: Primordus/Destroyer Scythe:
Scythe Staff Skin (or maybe just Final Rest)
250 Destroyer Lodestones
250 Molten Lodestones
Eldritch Scroll

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

those are easy enough to test, you don’t even need the full stack.
if you put 1 karka shell, 1 elder wood longbow, eldritch scroll, 1 mystic coin in the forge, it would tell you “you need 250, 250, 1, 100”. it won’t tell you what it makes, but it will tell you it is a real recipe.
personally, I expect it’s nothing great. probably something like 4 x ori tools = 1x sturdy ori tool

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The undiscovered ones likely use account bound items from karma vendors and have similar recipes as known ones which may be why they’re gone so long without being found.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

plenty of food feast and armor box recipes have not been made yet, or at least not been on the TP yet and i dont think all transformation potions have been discovered either.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Undiscovered, and somehow not datamined by this point?
And wouldn’t they have slots in the wardrobe? (thus I would guess it’s not a skin)

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Crimson Clouds.4853

That’s the one

And guys- the point of this thread was to have a bit of fun and make whimsical or silly guesses at what the recipes could be!

Add tid-bits of information if you have them- e.g. “the other day I found out I could put insert item in the forge, but so far I can’t find any mystic forge combination that requires it”.

And wouldn’t they have slots in the wardrobe? (thus I would guess it’s not a skin)

I’m not sure if mystic forge combinations can be datamined the regular way? But there are quite a few skins in-game that aren’t obtainable, or were but only through old PvP rewards.

plenty of food feast and armor box recipes have not been made yet, or at least not been on the TP yet and i dont think all transformation potions have been discovered either.

This wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I’m betting on a sword, and a shield.

Wanze.8410

Mounts.

Sariel V.7024

Depends on what you are referring to. It might not be possible to datamine combinations. The resulting items can be examined.

counterexample . However, all previous forgeables did show up in the wardrobe.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Ayrilana.1396

Depends on what you are referring to. It might not be possible to datamine combinations. The resulting items can be examined.

counterexample . However, all previous forgeables did show up in the wardrobe.

You can’t or at least that’s what I took from That_Shaman’s post on reddit.

Crimson Clouds.4853

There are a few obscure weapon skins that aren’t available (or only available through weird ways).

E.g. there are two versions of the Etched Shortbow (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Etched_Short_Bow_ ) and the staves “Primitive Pillar” and “Destroyer Staff” aren’t available in game.

But then Tribal Armour was also a discontinued PvP set, too… and I highly doubt that that one would be available through the mystic forge :P

Ayrilana.1396

There are a few obscure weapon skins that aren’t available (or only available through weird ways).

E.g. there are two versions of the Etched Shortbow (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Etched_Short_Bow_ ) and the staves “Primitive Pillar” and “Destroyer Staff” aren’t available in game.

But then Tribal Armour was also a discontinued PvP set, too… and I highly doubt that that one would be available through the mystic forge :P

There’s also whatever is listed below where you did name a couple. I doubt anyone would care about the underwater skins so perhaps the only other one could be that shield assuming there was an option to have it in PvE before rather than only PvP. .

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Collection-Wardrobe-Skin-Bugs-Anomalies/first#post4356433

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I’d be really happy to discover that the Destroyer Scythe was available through the Forge. That thing is killing my Staff Collection. I have 100/113 Staff Skins.

Mystic.5934

I’m going to go out on a limb and say all armor box recipes have been discovered.
personally, I have every single one unlocked (346 of them). maybe 1/4 were purchased off the TP, the rest I [had] made. Believe you me, it was not easy or short.
I identified them by searching for the item’s API for key words such as ‘recipe’, ‘box’, ‘armor’, ‘satchel’, etc.
same goes for feast recipes (181 of those)
my theory is that either I made it, or a friend of mine did (I hired them), or someone did and listed it on the TP.

Mystic.5934

oh, I have an idea. I’m pretty sure it’s never been made!
item id 37026
https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/items/37026
it’s an ascended prototype fractal capacitor with no stats.
it’s likely made by forging the exotic prototype fractal capacitor with no stats (id 37051) with 1 vial of condensed mists essence + 1 gift of ascension + 40 mystic crystal (or philo stones).
the reason I believe no one has ever made it is because you can’t buy this capacitor. other capacitors have been forged, but not this one also included with this idea is the infused and glowy ones after it.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

They can’t be data mined

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Wanze.8410

I’m going to go out on a limb and say all armor box recipes have been discovered.
personally, I have every single one unlocked (346 of them).

Does 1 armor profession have 1 more than the other 2?

Sariel V.7024

personally, I have every single one unlocked (346 of them). maybe 1/4 were purchased off the TP, the rest I [had] made. Believe you me, it was not easy or short.
I identified them by searching for the item’s API for key words such as ‘recipe’, ‘box’, ‘armor’, ‘satchel’, etc.
same goes for feast recipes (181 of those)
my theory is that either I made it, or a friend of mine did (I hired them), or someone did and listed it on the TP.

Mystic, you are a marvel. I should have known someone hit those things systematically.

To my earlier predictions, I’m adding a pistol.

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

I have the ‘Primitive Pillar’ tho, only destroyer Scythe is the skin I can’t get through normal game..

-Sâmbuca

Mystic.5934

lol! good catch. that number was just counting how many recipes in the api I found. ummm, looks like armorsmith has 116 while tailor and leatherworker each have 115. I’ll look for what extra item armorsmith has…

Wanze.8410

lol! good catch. that number was just counting how many recipes in the api I found. ummm, looks like armorsmith has 116 while tailor and leatherworker each have 115. I’ll look for what extra item armorsmith has…

Maybe undiscovered recipes arent in the API? That focus that JS made a scavenger hunt for wasnt in the API either before it was discovered….

Crimson Clouds.4853

Maybe undiscovered recipes arent in the API? That focus that JS made a scavenger hunt for wasnt in the API either before it was discovered….

There was a focus? I remember the “Reaper of Souls” dagger that had a bunch of hype last halloween, that had a bunch of clues given for it.. maybe I’m mistaken?

Ayrilana.1396

They may or may not be. People found posts about it as early as 2012.

Here’s one from 2013.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Reaper-of-Souls-Does-it-exist

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Wanze.8410

You sure? People found posts about it as early as 2012.

Here’s one from 2013.

About Reaper of Sould or Eternal Sands, which I was talking about?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternal_Sands

You edited while i posted, i was talking about ES, not RoS

(edited by Wanze.8410)

Ayrilana.1396

Here’s one from 2013.

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/24496-exquisite-chrysocola-jewel

The question was directed at you asking whether undiscovered recipes are in the API. I missed the question mark which is why I asked it. I guess you wrote this post while I was editing my post after I realized that.

I provided the link because it was in the API since at least 2013; before John did the scavenger hunt. Eternal Sands was a new item from the living story as the one item could only be obtained from the SW chests.

Wanze.8410

Here’s one from 2013.

The question was directed at you asking whether undiscovered recipes are in the API.

Considering I asked the same question in the post you quoted I dont know what kind of answer you expect…

Mystic.5934

no forge recipes are in the api, nevermind if they are discovered or not.
we’re working on making a complete json with all forge recipes over at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/api/Created-a-json-file-for-Mystic-Forge-recipes/first#post5514732

Ayrilana.1396

Here’s one from 2013.

The question was directed at you asking whether undiscovered recipes are in the API.

Considering I asked the same question in the post you quoted I dont know what kind of answer you expect…

The question I had before the edit. I had missed the question mark and read it as if you were stating it as a fact.

Wanze.8410

we’re working on making a complete json with all forge recipes over at https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/api/Created-a-json-file-for-Mystic-Forge-recipes/first#post5514732

Which brings me back to my initial question, wether the API is is a good argument to claim you discovered all feast/armor box recipes…..

Its not that I dont believe you that you actually unlocked all those recipes, usually you are pretty thorough but considering that you found 1 more for armorsmith than for tailor and leatherworker makes me wonder if you just messed up in posting your numbers here or you messed up in acquiring all recipes.

Mystic.5934

looks like I am missing Strong Acolyte Coat (fine) and Cleric’s Rascal Coat (master) for some reason. I’ll doublt-check what I have discovered.

Mystic.5934

Which brings me back to my initial question, wether the API is is a good argument to claim you discovered all feast/armor box recipes…..

Its not that I dont believe you that you actually unlocked all those recipes, usually you are pretty thorough but considering that you found 1 more for armorsmith than for tailor and leatherworker makes me wonder if you just messed up in posting your numbers here or you messed up in acquiring all recipes.

I’m not going off recipes. I started with a list of all crafted coats (I did use the recipe api for that – but it was for armorsmith, tailor, leatherworker recipes) and made what the forge recipes would be based on their levels.

Posted by: exp.3168

exp.3168

One of the recipes is : 4 precursors to get twighlight.

Mystic.5934

looks like I am missing Strong Acolyte Coat (fine) and Cleric’s Rascal Coat (master) for some reason. I’ll doublt-check what I have discovered.

uhhh, I am missing Satchel of Cleric’s Rascal Armor (Master), but there apparently isn’t a Satchel of Strong Acolyte Armor (Fine). time to test that at the forge!

Mystic.5934

uhhh, I am missing Satchel of Cleric’s Rascal Armor (Master), but there apparently isn’t a Satchel of Strong Acolyte Armor (Fine). time to test that at the forge!

wooooo! Recipe: Satchel of Strong Acolyte Armor (Fine) does not exist. it should, but it doesn’t.
I just made a Recipe: Satchel of Cleric’s Rascal Armor (Master), and it was not on the TP before (maybe never made before?), so that’s all covered now.

incidentally, if you want a giggle, go look up: Recipe: Pot of Recipe: Potato and Leek Soup

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Wanze.8410

wooooo! Satchel of Strong Acolyte Armor (Fine) does not exist. it should, but it doesn’t.
I just made a Satchel of Cleric’s Rascal Armor (Master), and it was not on the TP before (maybe never made before?), so that’s all covered now.

Maybe that was the one recipe JS was referring to. All done. kthxbye.

Sariel V.7024

It depends on two things:
1. Do you know where to look?
2. Can you actually look there?

The API offers strong evidence, but it also has large swaths of hidden data, and the different parts of the APIs aren’t always in agreement with what they think can be shown. Reaper of Souls was in the wardrobe API from the day the wardrobe API was created, but it didn’t show up in the items API until after the first Reaper was forged. Using the API as a map and a few tricks, you could see that it was likely a product of the forge. The same tricks would get you the list of original armor box recipes. Mystic discovered that there are some that cannot be made any more (Magic Find armors). They will likely never get into the item API now, but we know of their existence thanks to its relationship with their contemporaries.

There’s the rub. As new groups of items are added to the item database, they end up at new indices – in new parts of the API map. If you don’t know to go poking at these new regions too, you won’t find them.

Sariel V.7024

BTW, Eternal Sands’ combination was figured out in one day thanks to the parts being labeled for use in making Eternal Sands.

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

https://www.reddit.com/user/that_shaman
“Nope, I personally can not mine mystic forge recipes "

Even the famous data miner can’t even do it!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Wanze.8410

BTW, Eternal Sands’ combination was figured out in one day thanks to the parts being labeled for use in making Eternal Sands.

Apart from it being not true, I dont know what that would have to do with anything at all.

Ayrilana.1396

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Amalgamated_Gemstone
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Essence_of_Time

Used in the Mystic Forge to create the Eternal Sands focus.

— In-game description "

This is probably what they are referring to.

Sariel V.7024

Apart from it being not true, I dont know what that would have to do with anything at all.

I mentioned it because you thought that was the one JS had written about. That was RoS. Eternal Sands was a lot easier.

If I have to prove it:
Seeds of Truth release date: Dec 2, 2014.
Eternal Sands first wiki article: Dec 2, 2014
Eternal Sands first wiki update with full combination: Dec 3, 2014

Just some otherwise useless trivia

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

This thread is super interesting.

Also mounts. Probably involves using mini’s. I’m sure the secret is face rolling the keyboard.

Wanze.8410

yeah my bad

Sariel V.7024

Back on topic.

Raven Staff:
Meteorologicus
The Bifrost
5 Piles of Crystalline Dust
10 Philosopher’s Stones

Sariel V.7024

Marjory’s Everliving Blade:
Eldritch Scroll
Belinda’s Greatsword Skin
250 Globs of Ectoplasm
Miniature Belinda Delaqua

Sariel V.7024

Miniature Droobert:
250 Flasks of Fire Whiskey
250 Piles of Silky Sand
50 Foxfire Clusters
Any Everlasting Quaggan Tonic

Sariel V.7024

Miniature Insane Kasmeer:
Miniature Marjory Delaqua
Mini Armored Scarlet Briar
10 Bombs
Gift of Darkness

Sariel V.7024

Infinity Ball:
1 Essence of Time
1 Lime
1 Revive Orb
Any Inquest Miniature

Wanze.8410

Infinity Ball:
1 Essence of Time
1 Lime
1 Revive Orb
Any Inquest Miniature

I am not sure if posting bogus recipes is in any way constructive, even if the OP asked for it.