Unforgettable...

Unforgettable...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cleanbaban.6584

Cleanbaban.6584

One of my many unforgettable moments was when i participated in an event involving a party of Skritt who were on their way to steal some “shinies” from some inquest base i believe. At the end after fighting our way up, a skritt starts to yell in a very funny voice “OoooOoooOooo shinies…” and that really made me laugh like mad in RL. Extremely funny stuff hihi.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Waking up into Queensdale for the first time ever with my Mesmer. It felt so vast but somewhat nostalgic with Gwen’s theme playing.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: The Bacon Bard.3586

The Bacon Bard.3586

I had no clue about the Blazeridge dragon event, its timing or what actually happens. I just waypointed into the area one day randomly to explore. I take two steps, hear a howling screech and see this dragon zoom horizontally across my screen.

Unforgettable, both how amazing and how comical it was.

So many alts…

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Sabbathius.1465

Sabbathius.1465

At the risk of sounding like a grouch, I had a few moments that are memorable now. But none that I will still remember years from now. Tybalt character was fairly memorable for me, but only because he reminded me of Hobbes (from Wing Commander) somehow. Gameplay and landscape-wise, it’s been pretty generic. “That other game” had many more memorable moments, NPCs and stories.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Tathar Lossehelin.5761

Tathar Lossehelin.5761

My favourite moment so far has to be the dialogue between two asura characters that went something like:

“Your momma’s IQ is so low she…” etc.

After about a minute or two of trading insults, they ended with “Actually, your mums pretty smart” “Yeah, so’s yours”. Cracked me up then, and still smile when I think about it.

Epic moment is probably a WvW battle to defend a random fort. Went from 10/50 kills in monthly acheivement to 50/50 in an hour or so of one huge battle. Amazing!

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Drauger.2158

Drauger.2158

yesterday, was doing some heaths with my ele alt (4x) at harathi hinterlands, then idontknowwhy i entered to a cave, found out i had to put stones on some spots to open the door, after that there was this huge room with rock floor, i started walking and guess what, the floor just fellt down and i was dead with a cute achiviement, i laughed for 5 mins.

i tryed 3 more times till i could pass it lol

How did you open that gate? I stumbled upon the cave but as far as I recall there were 3 or 4 spots to put rocks on, and the rocks I put was not lowering the platform but standing on it was. So I thought I would need a few more people to pass that point.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Stumbling upon the Lion’s Arch jumping puzzle.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Weasl.2014

Weasl.2014

I battled a jottun champion as a thief, with the help of a random warrior, for over half an hour. Was fun, tho material rewards were lacking.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

We had this social guild meet up and decided to play some keg brawl! I am sorry for the people who ended up in the map with us, as we did not focus on keg brawl for the first half hour or even longer. We were just making sure our fellow guildies would be slapped in the face and stomped down often enough to not forget the night. And sure we did not forget. We still have fun looking back at it and boast about how often we slapped someone silly and how sneaky those asura guildmates are.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

1) doing a heart quest somewhere in Charr territory, attack one Ogre, get knocked into another (plus pets), then two more wander in from the magical land of instant respawn; rally four times in one fight.

2) trying to do the Temple of Union event in Malkor’s with only two others. The Champion boss is nearly dead, but fears me, and I run off the edge of the temple platform. It’s a loooong way down so I have plenty of time to contemplate going splat, and fall into … water!

3) Every time I view a vista, or stop to look at the game world.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Gallian.7630

Gallian.7630

Drinking contest for my Thief story line, with pirates, yar! I loved that scene and I laughed at the voice acting (female Human), it was well done. Actually I really like that whole story so far. That, and of course the Lion’s Arch jumping puzzle… I had no idea about it, I was just trying to get to that Vista, then awesomeness occurred.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

Just had an epic one last night. OoW storyline “Defense of Claw Island.”

I won’t spoil it but the last few minutes of that were a huge melange of emotions.

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Hmm, so many, so many…

Diving underwater in Godslost Swamp and realizing those ancient stones are all that remains of the Temple of the Ages.

There’s a few Charr NPC’s just east of the Black Citadel roasting a pig on a spit, and arguing about whether it’s done or not. Nearby there are some BL traders with assistants chattering at them.

Several people have mentioned Divinity’s Reach. In one district with distinctly Elonian architecture, there’s this poor sap saddled with the name “Halan Fromanj” who’s trying to strike up a conversation with a nearby woman. I don’t know whether he’s hitting on her or simply the most socially awkward NPC ever, but the results are hilarious.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

One of the only things I recall are form WvWvW, we were in a Eternal Borderlands in the fort juts north of the Ogre camp, we were getting attacked from whatever team were on the Ogre isde/

I was wondering to myself, “we’re getting pushed a lot I dunno if I should drop down a treb” then I was like “hell with it! I wanna be selfish, I want to kill people<”

As my treb was half way being built, someone yelled out “THEY’RE SETTING UP A TREB” I was in shock I was thinking “!” “I have the gift! I’ve already countered them before they even managed to attack!” Then I trebbed their unfinished treb, it was fun.

I think we lost that battle in the end, but it didn’t matter as I thought to myself “I destroyed someone elses fun before they could even get a taste of action”.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

Exploring and finding unexpected things.
Finding Eirs house.
Cow cannon.
Lions arch “crazy ghost captains cave of fun”.

But what tops it all was finding Killeens grave, unexpected and unforgettable.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: illutian.7630

illutian.7630

While not ‘memorable’ it certainly was fun.

In Eternal Battlegrounds, having the enemy switch from trebbing a wall, that’s ~10% with 2 trebs wailing on it, to destroying my lone cannon…..all because the enemy infantry kept taking balls to the chin (and dying).

Also, finding out Trebs can launch cows……I love Monty Python, especially the Holy Grail.

Oh, and a lil bit of meme. Go click on a ‘Cat’, I don’t recall where that portrait was used, but I distinctly remember that cat being a meme.

PS: Tybalt doesn’t die, he’s saved by apples…cause I said so

Main: illutian Kade
Server: Borlis Pass
Guild: Midgard Protectorate

Unforgettable...

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

Right then, no matter how I try, including the add post delete method, the forum is not giving me full icons so I cannot properly quote as I wanted.

That said, here goes;

The low level areas actually being exciting! This includes a certain troll in Queensdale as has been mentioned – along with farm attack and Harpy troubles at the same time!

Some of the vistas are outstandingly wonderful to see.

Exploration – a certain POI in the low level (Queensdale?) area. This POI is hidden and accessed by an underwater tunnel. How I struggled to find the way in. How I laughed at the many characters running around with mine trying to find the way in. What relieve we had when we worked the ‘puzzle’ out.

The many different usable ‘ground’ weapons; cannon, mortar and trebuchet come to mind. Maybe not unforgettable in themselves, but still very much memorable as an in game device.

And one more (for now) unforgettable or highly memorable thing in GW2. The lack of fights over ‘kill steals’, ‘node steals’ or other such annoyances found in many other games.

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

Unforgettable...

Posted by: vitigis.4160

vitigis.4160

Most unforgettable sPvP moment: When a Warrior with a rifle out DPS’d my Ranger with a bow and killed me/took the point.

Most unforgettable WvWvW moment: Being one shotted on my Elementalist by some invisible ghost.

Q-everyone has it better than me-Q

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Right then, no matter how I try, including the add post delete method, the forum is not giving me full icons so I cannot properly quote as I wanted.

There is a work around for not being able to quote/report/edit.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Unforgettable...

UKNightWatch.5742

PS: Tybalt doesn’t die, he’s saved by apples…cause I said so

AH! I can now quote!

Tybalt – Apple seller, friend, true hero. We need a good t-shirt slogan about this! Maybe an in game monument too – though I do not know what or where.

Yes! Tybalt will be remembered. Not to be too soppy about it, but that story arc – particularly the bit we are referring too – was the first time in a long time that I can remember actually being emotionally moved in a video game. I think that was a very well written story ‘mechanism’ so to say. That’s the thing though, ‘story mode’ in GW2 does seem to be particularly well written in my experience so far.

Unforgettable...

UKNightWatch.5742

There is a work around for not being able to quote/report/edit.

Yeah tried that but it is usually easier to post a random message, delete that post and ‘Bingo’ you got the icons. Added to that you can, if you wish annoy the forum hamsters by constantly reminding them the issue needs to be fixed by leaving a reason for delete stating so. Maybe they’ll then get the message and fix it so we do not have to jump through hoops to reply etc. All due respect to the Forum team but this issue really does need fixing ASAP.

Today though nothing seemed to work!

It seems to be back to OK now – so was probably just a glitch.

(edited by UKNightWatch.5742)

Unforgettable...

Posted by: RSandbach.5743

RSandbach.5743

My favorite moment of any online game so far has been in this game, running around solo trying to get skill points in out of the way places. I forget the name of the zone, but it’s one of the midlevel zones where there is a large war ongoing. The dynamic events in this area chronicle the back-and-forth of the war, and there are regularly events that, if players are doing them, will charge into the enemy’s base camp in the NE corner of the zone and take out a few large bosses. There is a skill point in that base camp on a raised platform you must climb to and fight an elite monster with its accompanying oozes, and I would imagine most players who get that skill point go to it after taking out the enemy base camp.

I knew none of this when I was running around the area. I was selectively fighting or dodging the enemies in their various camps as I worked my way towards that tantalizing chevron in the corner. With careful play, I was able to wend my way through and make it to the base camp, home of several elite fighters and a few mobs besides that. I fought one, danced around the others, and made my way to the raised platform, hoping that, with all the fuss around, I just needed to commune or consume an item for the skill point. Nope — it was an elite fight, and I was game for it. It was close, but I managed to get the monster’s health down below 5% before being downed. As a mesmer, the downed confusion attack meant I would still kill it…until its pushing attack knocked me down off the platform right in the middle of the elite + mob! With my health rapidly dropping, I kept mashing the 1 key, hoping it was still hitting, knowing I would never get a revive and it would be a lost cause if I died. With my downed health less than 5%, the elite died, I rallied, skill point in hand, and it was time to RUN!

Of course, I pulled the entire base camp worth of mobs and elites behind me, and ran South, the most direct route out of where I came. Er…it was the direct route, right? What do you mean, cul-de-sac with one more enemy camp and no way out?!? Time to turn around and KEEP RUNNING! With precise dodging and non-stop running, I was able to get all the way back out of the base camp and the other two camps I came through to get back. No time for tactics here. Just keep running and make it back to where the dynamic events have the battle actually going on.

I’ve never had a gaming experience like that, and I don’t know that anyone could design it to play it out exactly like that, but it feels like the world of Tyria is set up for fun experiences like that to happen all the time, and I look forward to more of them as I keep exploring.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I have one that just happened a few hours ago. I was running around Queensdale gathering stuff with my lvl80 Charr Warrior when I approached a node and saw someone else also running towards it. He looked like he was on a gathering mission himself, so I called down my Warbanner right in front of him so he and I got the speed boost from it. I wasn’t really offering him the Warbanner, but it must have looked that way to him, since I was still a few paces away and it went down right next to him. He took the banner and mined the node with me, which left me with enough time to rethink and call down one of my other banners for myself.
I took off in a different direction than him and was about ready to forget the encounter when he, an Elementalist, called out for me in local chat. I didn’t realize him meaning me when he wrote “skull” as I was speeding away, thinking “did I just walk into someone else’s chat? Was that a Necro and not an Ele? Was there a skull lying around?” That’s when he whispered me to wait and I finally realized “skull” was short for my last name “Skullcrack”.

I turned around and he was right there. I was ready to tell him he could keep the banner because that’s the only reason I could think of some random guy with my Warbanner would want to talk to me, but instead of dropping the banner, he used his elite and called down a Fiery Greatsword. “For you to play with” he whispered, and I immediately picked up the one laying on the ground. Slightly baffled but happy about his return gift, I thanked him and without looking twice was back on my way scanning for the next node, using the greatsword’s whirl skill as a speed boost. And again, just when I was ready to put this unusual encounter aside to focus on what I was doing before all of this happened, I noticed the area I was running randomly towards. It was the cave filled with an Ettin Veteran and 5 or 6 normal ettins guarding the entrance! I knew that cave, there’s a rich vein in the back of it!

Those ettins didn’t see what hit them. I jumped down into the group of 5, waited a second for them to gather around me, and then I literally unleashed hell on them. Within seconds they were screaming in pain and collapsed on the ground. I whirled straight into the cave and took care about the Veteran and his gang in the same satisfying way. When the smoke cleared and the Fiery Greatsword disappeared, I was left with a cave full of ettin loot and a rich copper vein, which was what I was looking for in the first place. It all came full circle.

That little episode was the best social experience I have had in GW2 to this day. I’m looking forward to many more of such moments of pure altruistic serendipity.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

One of many…
Once upon a time I was exploring this forest looking for points of interest to contribute to my map completion. This was not a very dense forest but it was large enough. In the middle of it was this small house surrounded by just a low little fence. I can’t remember if there actually was a point of interest but I did walk up to the door and the next thing I remember is that the door opens and a women walks outside. She starts telling me and some NPC’s off and before I knew it there were kids being chased by demons which we had to save, by that time 1 or 2 curious passerbys had stopped to help out. It all started escalating and ended in us fighting that woman that turned out to be thougher then a nail in a coffin.

Since then I kinda stay away from little houses in eerie forests, unless accompanied with friends.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: chris E.4917

chris E.4917

I’ve had many unforgettable moments in GW2. WvWvW, DE’s and so on.

But there is one moment in particular that stands out and that was when I first came to the Ashen Waste in Mount Maelstrom. That place is ripe with atmosphere. Seriously Anet I wish there was a whole map that was like this place.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

Exploring in the Fields of Ruin. There was a skill point in the corner of the zone deep in the Dragonbrand, one of the last places I needed to visit there, and I psyched myself up for a big fight. Surely this was a major source of the corruption in this zone, and it would be very well guarded.

I won’t spoil it for those who haven’t been, but I will say that I was totally awestruck.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Elfangle.4503

Elfangle.4503

A couple of moments come to mind!

1) ebonhawk graveyard. I just wandered n trying to get a vista or poi. For some reason i was drawn to one particular stone. I read it and it turned out to be the burial place of Gwen. Stopped and read all the other graves to.

2) Running around in Beetletun and remembering all those ettin faming trips that started there in GW1.

3) The first time in WvW I thought i saw a cow flying through the air and thinking that I was seeing things that werent really there. Laughing my kitten of right after when i saw a commander saying the next line in chat: please stop shooting cows at the gate.

4) Surfing down the outerwall of Rata Sum, trying to dodge the cracks in the surface and almost making it to the end.

5) Personal storyline with the norn Apatia and the sad end of it

6) Finding the fawcett jumping puzzle (the one with the collapsing flour mentioned already). I managed to get on the ship on my first run onlybto dodge roll in the water, where i got pwnd by a dozen pirates at once

7) Doing death darts with the guild and having random players sit down and watch the spectacle

8) All the acts of kindness that i witness throughout the game

9) Everytime i hear " i can outrun a centaur" or " skritt, i’m hit"

10) Everything else…

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Tybalts tragic end and my ensuing day long massacre of any and all dragon minions i came across in my quest for revenge for my most awesome pal….Tybal you will not be forgotten!!!

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Scourge.4317

Scourge.4317

1.Seeing Ogden Stonehealer!

2.Coming across the Temple of Ages!

3.Running around the Shiverpeaks remembering the old days from GW1 running people all the way to the citadel.

4.Finding Gwens grave ( shed a man tear)

5.Coming across the statues of Pyre and Jora and finding the book written by Mhenlo. Hopefully the complete book will be added in a future update.

(edited by Scourge.4317)

Unforgettable...

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i don’t have many, but i have two that i guess i’ll remember for a while. first some backstory: i like skill challenges where you duel NPCs. i find them very fun. i also think they are ruined the second someone walks in and starts ‘helping’ you. with that said:

1- Wizard’s Cleft. i’d stay there on that ramp for hours, just watching the people come and go, doing the skill challenges. if someone tried soloing it and got downed, i’d pop shadow refuge on them and rezz, then go back to watching. it’s really nice to see how different players tackle the same challenge. i remember this one charr ranger with a shortbow, he’d just run to melee with it and stay in place as the lava fonts killed him.

2- that was actually yesterday. i was on Frostgorge Sound, fighting a kodan in a tiny room for a skill challenge. in comes an asura, stops at the door and looks at me. i ask him to stand back, and resume my fighting. to my surprise, he backs off and watches it from a distance (everyone else just ignores me and thinks “yay free skill point, won’t have to work for this one”). i completed the skill challenge and thanked him. as i left the room i could hear the fight starting over, this time it was him against the kodan.

maybe the whole kodan spirit of honor and balance rubbed off on him :P

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Unforgettable...

Posted by: killerviel.4382

killerviel.4382

funnily enough, I also listened to those children :P gooooood memories. would’ve hoped that you would come down the stairs and those childrens just stood there, but they were already gone:(

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

1. the Vista view in Wizard’s Fief.

2. finding Professor Yakkington’s grave.

3. discovering the Jackdaw pirates with my pirate (got the vanity clothes and the armor version) character Jack Daw…

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

This will seem dumb, but I got utterly impressed when my personal storyline sent me to visit a town (the one with separatists) and I found a NPC cat standing on a bench.
The kitty did every and all the oddest motions and was totally identical to what my RL cat does!

The other thing that really hit me was the huge demon event (the one with lots of portals around, inside a marsh).

Finally, managing to get through the Lion Arch super long trip to the hidden pirate NPC vendor through the secret lion mouth cavern etc, that was epic.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: loulakion.9741

loulakion.9741

hitting 80lvl with a finishing action on enemy in WvWvW, and i dont play often WvWvW..!

also from WvWvW i wont forget that lamers who build a siege weapon at a jumping puzzle! so sad for them close you were able to retrieve shadow boon for 4mins…

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

The first time I ever used a Cow Finisher. <3

2. finding Professor Yakkington’s grave.

^This was another big one, and Nicholas, and Gwen.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Tonight, my husband and I were running around Iron Marches, when we came over a hill and in the gully in front of us there marched an entire army of branded.
We jumped in front of them as one and held the line and killed every single one of them ourselves.
Then the next wave came, together with the branded char commander,
we killed all of them too and never moved an inch!
It was a true- you shall not pass! – moment
Mesmer and Ranger make a really cool team.

Gunnar’s Hold

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Mairenaianelle.3849

Mairenaianelle.3849

While playing my Elementalist, happened to find a graveyard…..at night ( in game ) and noticed it wasn’t like an ordinary one…full of mist and stuff. I looked around for a bit and saw the White Lady…and did that quest with her. …..THAT was unforgettable in a good, good way. I’m a sucker for ghost stories. Also, it happened to be late evening where I’m at when I was playing…so even more amusing.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Claw of Jormag. I always thought The Shatterer was a bit boring during the beta, because he just stood there, and never flew around. I expected the same thing from Claw of Jormag, but to my big surprise, it actually flew around in between fighting. Not even lag could stop this from looking amazing.

A lot of amazing scenery in this game. Frostgorge Sound is probably my favorite map from what I’ve seen so far. The underwater area there is so mesmerizing, Bore Lynch reminds me of the dwarves halls from the Lord of the Rings movie, the Kodan and their iceberg ships are so majestic, and then of curse there’s Claw of Jormag. I haven’t played the dungeon yet, but I’m sure it’s amazing as well. Lornar’s Pass is another great map. I love the switch from white snow to green grass, and the Durmand Priory looks fantastic. The nature sounds are also great in the “green area”. Skrittsburgh in Brisban Wildlands is amazing, because it’s so surprisingly huge! And Lions Arch is fantastically designed. I could go on like this for a long time..

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Deadfall.4601

Deadfall.4601

The first time I saw the Shadow Behemoth spawn in the swamp in Queensdale. I was in awe.

Unforgettable...

Posted by: Kysus.4290

Kysus.4290

I think exploring Divinity’s Reach for the first time was a bit of a ‘wow’ moment. I also loved finding the quaggan cave where the guard said their most important ‘treasure’ was & had a cute explosion shortly after. Accidentally dodging off a cliff was probably another moment!

One of my favourite things, though, has been finding all the little elements of continuity with GW1 that hint at what happened to the old protagonists & antagonists, as well as places like the ruined Hall of Monuments and the remains of the old White Mantle.

Sanctum Cay Mercantile Company [SCAM] – Isle of Janthir