Unhappy with chest rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

It was nearly impossible before to make money and still a hard grind because you had to farm boring champ trains over and over zzzzz or dungeons over and over. But at least, if you needed, you could do so.

However, now you can only get one chest per day in dungeons? What a load of rubbish!

Not only are the chests daily, but the drop rates have been hammered too! Don’t see that in the notes, but it is a fact. I used to do a dungeon and come out with 3-5 rares, now I don’t get any! It’s blues all the way with the occasional green.

The loot chests have been ruined and the loot you get from said chests when they are there is just a joke.

PvE is officially kitten and worthless now. You’ve ruined the DPS, you’ve ruined the rewards, and you’ve bugged it all.

Posted by: Flydragon.7146

Flydragon.7146

It was nearly impossible before to make money and still a hard grind because you had to farm boring champ trains over and over zzzzz or dungeons over and over. But at least, if you needed, you could do so.

However, now you can only get one chest per day in dungeons? What a load of rubbish!

Not only are the chests daily, but the drop rates have been hammered too! Don’t see that in the notes, but it is a fact. I used to do a dungeon and come out with 3-5 rares, now I don’t get any! It’s blues all the way with the occasional green.

The loot chests have been ruined and the loot you get from said chests when they are there is just a joke.

PvE is officially kitten and worthless now. You’ve ruined the DPS, you’ve ruined the rewards, and you’ve bugged it all.

Near impossible to make money??? Im laughing my head-off at this ROFL

Rentapest.6503

Send me some then, kthx.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Um, it’s one chest per path/boss per day in the dungeons.

There’s 25 different dungeon paths in the game to choose from, not counting the fractals. Rather than repeating the same dungeon path five times, go do five different dungeon paths. That’s better for money anyway, since the bonus gold reward is already once per path per day.

Rentapest.6503

It’s not possible for me to do other paths. Why? Because PvE is so bad before the patch and worse now!

I tried Arrah P1 once, wiped on trash at the door over and over because of bad group, never again ty. And all I ever see is dummies selling paths for gold. They should be banned for that.

I do ot see why they need to restrict chests per day, that is the lamest dumbest idea ever.

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Wow just relent. If its as bad as you think go play something else.

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

Dear OP,

I believe that long before launch they said they didn’t want a grind game, and although there can be quite a lot of grinding(fractals for instance), when they try to make ppl realize there is more content then Cof P1 and AC p3 they immediately declare the game dead.

PvE is Player Vs Environment, I believe what u play is PvsDungeon.

If u wipe on for instance arah p1, try it again, u can switch your build in seconds thanks to the new trait system, talk to your party members and learn from each other, because, sorry to say so, the way you talk about the game, I can hardly believe that its only other ppl’s fault u wiped.

Back to Pve’s “Dead”, I started yet another character today, just to see how the new trait system would change the lvling experience. and as I was playing they started to roll out the mega server.
I’ve havent had this much fun lvl’ng since I rolled my first Asura back during launch.

tl,dr: OP is doesn’t realize game doesn’t realize size of PvE world and what is possible in that world.

With love and kisses,
Tsonn Lau

ps: getting a rare or exotic from a random raptor in bloodtide coast is also much more exciting then from the chest u expect them to be in.

For Glade and Glory

(edited by Galowin.6089)

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

Outside of TP flipping or spending hours wasting your life doing dungeon runs/EotM/champ trains, there aren’t that many good ways to make money.

I’ve been running around FGS trying to collect Corrupted Lodestones with a birthday booster, omnomberry bars, guild boosts and a MF over 200 and I’ve gotten about 5 in 2 weeks (25 hours or so).

I realize there are ways to make money, but there really aren’t any good ways that are fun and that would be something most players would be doing if the money incentive wasn’t there in my opinion.

Galowin.6089

Outside of TP flipping or spending hours wasting your life doing dungeon runs/EotM/champ trains, there aren’t that many good ways to make money.

I’ve been running around FGS trying to collect Corrupted Lodestones with a birthday booster, omnomberry bars, guild boosts and a MF over 200 and I’ve gotten about 5 in 2 weeks (25 hours or so).

I realize there are ways to make money, but there really aren’t any good ways that are fun and that would be something most players would be doing if the money incentive wasn’t there in my opinion.

lol, what money incentive?
pve content doesn’t require more then exotic gear which can be bought with karma or dungeon tokens.
So yes, if u want a full exo set from 1 dungeon it will take you, what? 1week/2weeks of doing the dungeon daily, as i understand OP prob has tokens enough to buy 100 full exo sets and still have some left.

I don’t get why ppl are constantly looking for ‘the best way to make money’
I’m having fun, and guess what, my gold counter is going up without even trying.
I know some of my friends earn 4or 5G lol some even 30G more on a day then I do,
and guess what just as irl, its never enough, and they never buy anything because, what if they launch the most epic skin ever next week?

jeez.. if u don’t like what they did to the game… go play something else, i think wow space version has been release by now.

For Glade and Glory

Sekhmet.6153

lol, what money incentive?
pve content doesn’t require more then exotic gear which can be bought with karma or dungeon tokens.
So yes, if u want a full exo set from 1 dungeon it will take you, what? 1week/2weeks of doing the dungeon daily, as i understand OP prob has tokens enough to buy 100 full exo sets and still have some left.

I don’t get why ppl are constantly looking for ‘the best way to make money’
I’m having fun, and guess what, my gold counter is going up without even trying.
I know some of my friends earn 4or 5G lol some even 30G more on a day then I do,
and guess what just as irl, its never enough, and they never buy anything because, what if they launch the most epic skin ever next week?

jeez.. if u don’t like what they did to the game… go play something else, i think wow space version has been release by now.

yes, because clearly everyone plays the game the way you do? Because my gf who use to try and use a champ train to earn some gold every now and then to play around with her chars looks because she only really plays 5-10 hours a week, has a ton of options to make this money that is supposedly so easy to get? Not everyone is experienced enough to go quick, efficient dungeon runs to get the money you probably get from it.

Not everyone can play the game the same way you can so what you’re saying comes off like “i have friends that can make 30 gold a day so why are you complaining?”. I’m pretty sure people are allowed to bring up things they believe are valid criticisms without being told to go play “something else”.

Yes, gold isn’t essential to the play, but for players that like skins and customization, a lot of gold is required and thats not easy to come by since there are no reliable ways to actually get the items in the first place.

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

The people who have made money and profited the most are the market speculators and players. If you play the game, you’ll never get money.

To make money you must:

1. speculate/play the market

2. sell arah runs

Galowin.6089

yes, because clearly everyone plays the game the way you do? Because my gf who use to try and use a champ train to earn some gold every now and then to play around with her chars looks because she only really plays 5-10 hours a week, has a ton of options to make this money that is supposedly so easy to get? Not everyone is experienced enough to go quick, efficient dungeon runs to get the money you probably get from it.

Not everyone can play the game the same way you can so what you’re saying comes off like “i have friends that can make 30 gold a day so why are you complaining?”. I’m pretty sure people are allowed to bring up things they believe are valid criticisms without being told to go play “something else”.

Yes, gold isn’t essential to the play, but for players that like skins and customization, a lot of gold is required and thats not easy to come by since there are no reliable ways to actually get the items in the first place.

My friend, if i may call you that, I hate running dungeons daily, so I’ll never do more then 1dungeon path on a day. (that was just an example for the OP)
And I too love changing my look, i’ve saved every skin i could since they announced the wardrobe. And I must say i am really sad that I had so little stones, because I already spend about a forth of my charges on changing skins on all my alts.

The play something else was directed at the OP that clearly states he just plays the same dungeons over and over, I don’t think he’s into Roleplaying.

well u missed the point in me knowing ppl that can make 30G on a day, first of all i didn’t say those r casual players, but what i’m really saying there is: when they do grind up that kind of money, and buy the latest hottest skin: a week later that skin is passé (too them) and they move on never to look at it again, they don’t love their skins in the same way someone like your gf does, simply bc they can get them this easily.
Don’t you think I don’t feel a grudge against ppl that have special one time only skins just filling up their bankslots, while i didn’t have the time to play the event until i got a drop, or complete the meta?
Or me being sad that I don’t have enough in game gold to get gems for the latest armor set Anet released.
Mmorpg always mimic real life in their economy, simply bc both r controlled by humans.

my sincerest apologies in case I offended you anywhere in any of my posts,
but I just don’t like ppl like the OP who get kittened bc their dark cave got nerfed a little bit, while their is a whole world out there to enjoy (and if u don’t like that one, u still have the rest of tyria to roam in

For Glade and Glory

Posted by: Inshi.6970

Inshi.6970

\And what if someone doesnt like particular dungeon/path? For example I dont like CoF/Molten style, someone doesnt like CoE/Asura thingy.

GW2 was great cause it was giving you bunch of different ways to play the game.
One person farmed pvp and wvw, other farmed dungeons and fractals and someone could farm boss trains or temples. You could do things you like and ignore the things you dont like. Now Arena is trying to force us into playing everything a bit or mostly things that they see fit, and that sux kitten.

Not to mention that in fact pve is getting more and more less profitable.
Now when guild mate will ask for help in particular part in dungeon most replies will be ‘sorry m8, not even chest drops anymore, waste of time’. The same was done X time ago when world bosses started dropping daily chests only, not every kill chest like it was after game release. That resulted in situations that on some servers bossers like Shatterer, Jormag or Megadestroyer were killed only once daily, cause later all the people who already did it didnt help, and the rest was too weak to kill it in time.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

What are you planning on doing with all that gold once you get it?

Doesn’t sound you like actually playing the game, so what makes you think you’ll have more fun playing it with slightly better stats or an over the top weapon skin?

If you don’t enjoy the game for the challenge, may as well play something else.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

PvE is worse now, as a fact. ANet seems to want to force PvE players to go PvP, as it seems the only way to get players on this game PVP is to reward PvE stuff on it.

Fine they want to reward PVP players, but WHY do they have to nerf PvE players due it?!

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: choon.6308

choon.6308

PVE is back to normal finally. It’s not ruined. Introducing champ trains back in August was one of the worst updates to this game. I stopped playing for a good 10 months or so. Now with the megaserver update, it’s time to get back.

Sekhmet.6153

PVE is back to normal finally. It’s not ruined. Introducing champ trains back in August was one of the worst updates to this game. I stopped playing for a good 10 months or so. Now with the megaserver update, it’s time to get back.

Champ trains effected how you enjoy the game? How exactly? Because the constant infusion of materials from loot bags kept the price of materials down and it allowed some people who hated doing dungeons and weren’t quite good enough to do fractals or EotM to make some gold. At worst, you might have seen people asking where the train was, but now that’ll just be replaced with people asking where the blade shard merchant is or which temple in Orr is about to be run.

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I made 100 gold plus just running dungeons (admittedly for tokens for a dungeon set). That was… 3 different paths (CoE), plus the odd CoF1, or a few others.

Today I did TA up, and made the exact same amount in a run as I do, ANY other time. It looks like I just do dungeon runs with my guildies, having fun and enjoying myself (fractals too), and I’ll continue bringing in gold, enough for me.

choon.6308

Champ trains effected how you enjoy the game? How exactly? Because the constant infusion of materials from loot bags kept the price of materials down and it allowed some people who hated doing dungeons and weren’t quite good enough to do fractals or EotM to make some gold. At worst, you might have seen people asking where the train was, but now that’ll just be replaced with people asking where the blade shard merchant is or which temple in Orr is about to be run.

- A big chunk of dungeon crowd went to champ farming and never came back. 3 of my friends stopped playing because they liked dungeons, not farming some landscape monster for hours. Eventually, I stopped too.
- When I was playing lowbies in queensdale, map chats disgusted me. Sometimes farmers interfered with my leveling as well.
- Everyone was farming like brainless bots 24/7 and gem prices went up like crazy. Converting gold to gems became a joke.
- 3/4 of active players in my guild stopped playing. After 1-2 week of farming themselves, they’ve had enough. We don’t like cheap and shallow gameplay.

Now, this update finally brings some light…

Sekhmet.6153

- A big chunk of dungeon crowd went to champ farming and never came back. 3 of my friends stopped playing because they liked dungeons, not farming some landscape monster for hours. Eventually, I stopped too.
- When I was playing lowbies in queensdale, map chats disgusted me. Sometimes farmers interfered with my leveling as well.
- Everyone was farming like brainless bots 24/7 and gem prices went up like crazy. Converting gold to gems became a joke.
- 3/4 of active players in my guild stopped playing. After 1-2 week of farming themselves, they’ve had enough. We don’t like cheap and shallow gameplay.

Champ farming had nothing to do with gem prices. If anything could effect it, dungeon runs would also effect it, if not moreso because there is more gold to be had by dungeon runners than champ farmers.

I doubt players stopped playing solely because of other people doing champ farming. Likely they just felt like there wasn’t enough interesting content.

Map chats can be rude no matter what, and it isn’t just champ farmers. There are flamers and trolls even in citys.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

It’s not possible for me to do other paths. Why? Because PvE is so bad before the patch and worse now!

I tried Arrah P1 once, wiped on trash at the door over and over because of bad group, never again ty. And all I ever see is dummies selling paths for gold. They should be banned for that.

I do ot see why they need to restrict chests per day, that is the lamest dumbest idea ever.

I love how you compare arah to all other dugion paths i bet you could do cof coe hotw ac and TA for your dailies with 20-30 mins per path each day and not be able to do them all.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Honestly, I make a good chunk of change just playing the game normally. If you honestly need tons upon tons upon tons of gold to feel like you’re playing the game, then I believe you’re still holding to that ancient MMO mentality that ANet wanted to change, and that’s why you can’t enjoy the game. You have my sympathies.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Kalavier.1097

I love how you compare arah to all other dugion paths i bet you could do cof coe hotw ac and TA for your dailies with 20-30 mins per path each day and not be able to do them all.

CoE is one of the shortest dungeons. I used to run basically all three paths VERY quickly. Wouldn’t surprise me if it came out to hour and a half. Then you toss in CoF1 for funs and that one is literally the FASTEST dungeon run (If you get the flame boulder hallway. but that’s fairly easy and beaten fast most of the time for my parties).

Get a good group(friends, guildies, who talk in voice chat or text even), you can do nearly all. Even killing most of the foes doesn’t take that long.

Simply put, it’s not that hard to do paths. Arah is literally the toughest (Also pays out more due to length). Saying you wiped in Arah explorable and that means you CANNOT do any other dungeon path makes me laugh…

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Is this once daily per character or per account? Either way it’s MDUB as KUFC. Plain and simple for dungeons.

Why? You just removed any incentive to play repeatable content. Who does that?

NO OTHER GAME ON THE MARKET REMOVES THE ABILITY TO GET CHEST WHEN DOING THE CONTENT SYNONYMOUS WITH THEM, DUNGEONS BRO!

So, let’s see…DR on gold, DR on tokens and now DR on chest.

What’s next? DR on paths allowed per day? EG; You may only do 2 paths per day for any types of rewards.

I’ll say it over and over again. Be practical. I see Anet tags all the time, but they don’t seem to play the same game we are.

I hope this game keeps the success it claims to have, but I can’t defend this kitten anymore. Megaservers are a joke, townclothes tonics are a joke, world boss timers are a joke, 1 transmutation per zone completion is a joke…removing 8v8 hotjoin in spvp is a joke.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m considering this to be a case of selective memory. Let’s look at the time line you speak of. The Queens Jubilee was Aug 6th. What comes a couple of week after that, school. People stopped playing because the summer was over. For farming, far more gold was generated from Dead Eye farming in the Queen’s Gauntlet.

How did they do that? No heart is disturbed in Qd by the train. The train is probably the fastest form of leveling in Qd. For map chat, that is subjective and simply going to occur when there’s players present. Making what they were doing on map irrelevant.

Again, Dead Eye farming in the Queen’s Gauntlet generated for more gold. Champ farming creates items which get placed on the TP which is the largest anti-inflationary mechanism in the game. Dunegons right now are the greatest gold creator’s in the game.

In one day everything is better? Even though the Qd champ train is still running? Again, the summer ended and it should have been expected that player’s were going to stop playing.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

New Flash: Arah P1 isn’t the only path in the game that gives gold aside from what you were spamming pre-feature patch

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

sounds Like maybe if your gameplay improves you will probably do better.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

There’s an app for that…

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

It was nearly impossible before to make money and still a hard grind

I made a new account, so I had no money what so ever. 23 Levels later my character had 30g, without any luckdrops. 30 hours later this account had 100g on its bank.

And all I did was leveling that character.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

It was nearly impossible before to make money and still a hard grind

I made a new account, so I had no money what so ever. 23 Levels later my character had 30g, without any luckdrops. 30 hours later this account had 100g on its bank.

And all I did was leveling that character.

GASP!!!! That can’t be possible!!!!!!

/sarcasm off

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

I am totally disappointed. We now sit around doing nothing, waiting for the timer. I used to enjoy chasing after world bosses and can play without stop for a couple of hours.

I just want to add that ANET…you have destroyed the game.

(edited by lchan.2169)

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I am totally disappointed. We now sit around doing nothing, waiting for the timer. I used to enjoy chasing after world bosses and can play without stop for a couple of hours.

I just want to add that ANET…you have destroyed the game.

Yeah, world boss change is the main thing from the update i don’t like. I logged in on my alt that just farms the Southsun chest everyday and saw PEOPLE. So jumped on my main, came back, freed the settlements and… nothing. Oh great, now that the event has a chance to function normally again, it just had to be changed.

i also escorted Brogan to the totem twice only to have him declare a great victory as soon as it was destroyed and go drink a beer. Why have the lead ups with no big event?

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

pve completely ruined? Snort. That’s just plain silly.

I’m playing this game all the time and having fun, and I make money just fine.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

PvE is not completely ruined.

Admittedly, you have a little less incentive to rerun the same paths repeatedly now, with the boss chest limitation. However, you still get the champ bags (for those that dropped them). It sort of sucks for me, since I only really did a couple of paths, but I’ll adapt. My guilde and I will see if we can duo / trio some other ones, with some practice. So, not worried about it. I can still repeatedly run the paths we currently do to continue leveling my alts (one of the main reasons we did it to begin with). So as long as that doesn’t change, I’m content.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

PvE is what?! Yeah there was a little dungeon nerf so you cant faceroll the same paths over and over and flood the market with even more gold… if anything its good for the overall health of the game in the long run. And champ trains didnt give that mich gold in the first place, only bad or lazy farmers used that as their main farming method anyway.

And if anything this boss schedule makes things better, no more missing out on another boss because your group can’t burn the current one down quick enough, no more hour long waits because there is absolutely no bosses up, no more being short handed for world bosses (once full implemented). And if youre looking for a specific boss to pop you know EXACTLY when its up so you don’t waste an hour and a half waiting for jormags window to say its spawn time… so you cant knock out 10 bosses in an hour now… its not a huge deal.

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

PvE ruined…….who the kitten cares…..

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

I have to admit, I love the new Boss schedule. I needed The Karka Queen for the Trait Unlock. And got it on two alts in two days. Not bad at all. Gonna help the wife get it later. I got a chest each time, which is decent. Do I need another chest within 24 hours? No… as I see it there are only a few reasons I would repeat a world boss within a given day, and that is primarilly to help friends that need it, that weree not around when I got it.

See The way I see it, if My motivation is to help friends, I don’t need another chest. And since I play games for fun… sometimes I only do it for the fun of it.

Some MMO players treat this like another job. I really miss the days when people played MMO’s because they were games…. for fun.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Open world pve is mostly dead, confirmed. 90% of the events have been turned into mindless facerolls due to bazillions of players zerging around.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Yes, PvE is awful, i have been playing today, i can’t’… Just… Do it.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Saying the grapes are sour because you can’t reach them won’t magically make them drop from the vine.

I won’t comment on the path selling.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Hopefully at least MF does impact drops better than before to compensate, they’re slowly turning farming methods scarce as if no one was noticing. I simply hate with a passion having to TP, I don’t enjoy it, I know other people like but I do not, I don’t want to feel forced to play the way they want me to in order to progress towards my legendary that’s totally kittened in the first place.

Sincerely, a CBT pre-purchaser player.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

PvE ruined…….who the kitten cares…..

everyone who doesnt want to run around in wvw while being completely braindead or doesnt want to play pvp against players who are worse than scripted AI.

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Hinoa.6978

Hinoa.6978

The only problem I got is the temple, I only find it open now. I can’t kill Dwayna or Lyssa anymore. Tried to change my instance but didn’t work.

At lest your could have an option to change the instance, like channels so your still have a chance to do Dwayan and Lyssa Daily.

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

I know they nerf the direct money from the champ bags, from like 7 silver to like 2 silver. But they did buff it by letting magic find affect champ bags ( more mats, especially t6), so would those balance each other out? Does champ farm still yield approximately 8g per hour?

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

I have 100% magic find and the champ bags are giving me much better loot.

But don’t bother with SB and Maw anymore.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

choon.6308

I’m considering this to be a case of selective memory. Let’s look at the time line you speak of. The Queens Jubilee was Aug 6th. What comes a couple of week after that, school. People stopped playing because the summer was over. For farming, far more gold was generated from Dead Eye farming in the Queen’s Gauntlet.

How did they do that? No heart is disturbed in Qd by the train. The train is probably the fastest form of leveling in Qd. For map chat, that is subjective and simply going to occur when there’s players present. Making what they were doing on map irrelevant.

Again, Dead Eye farming in the Queen’s Gauntlet generated for more gold. Champ farming creates items which get placed on the TP which is the largest anti-inflationary mechanism in the game. Dunegons right now are the greatest gold creator’s in the game.

In one day everything is better? Even though the Qd champ train is still running? Again, the summer ended and it should have been expected that player’s were going to stop playing.

I agree, not all of my complaints were about champ trains but the August update in general. Anyway, now there are less people champ farming and more people around dungeons. Difference is like night and day. Crazy amount of people are hanging out at dungeon doors now.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Magic find doesn’t affect the stuff in the bags, it only affects the bag that drops from the mob.

Champion Train was never “worth” doing it. You could go and help your 80 year old granny neighbor with her bags and earn 10$ or something to get gems and trade em, you would have earned more. Champion Train is no fun anyway so … Do not ask for “worth” in stuff in a game that isn’t fun. It’s never worth playing something that is no fun.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Kalavier.1097

How it used to be before the champ trains became the “Main source of loot” for many.

Maybe now I’ll have an easier time with LFG for dungeons or fractals.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I champ farm when bored or just looking to map chat. If I want real money, I got to level 40-60 zones and farm.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

As far as it being “worth” doing…I’d say it’s better as you get karma and coin from the events now plus the usual loot.

I personally enjoy following the train here and there when I don’t have anything else i feel like doing. YMMV