Unidentified gear - Please No, No, No, Nooooo

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The King of Dust.7925

The King of Dust.7925

The unidentified gear system as it was in the demo is unacceptable.

Unidentified gear needs to at least be grouped by rarity. If this cannot be done, then the system should be scrapped altogether and loot should function as in HoT and core.

Also, if you’re gonna make me trek back to a heart NPC to identify gear, then identification better be free.

Or keep the total cost of identification as is, but allow us to identify from anywhere.

As it is, the benefit of less inventory management is not worth the drawbacks (increased costs, time loss from doing hearts and traveling back to npc) that this system brings.

Ultimately, if I want to ID my gear, not only am I losing a ton of money, but I’m pretty sure I’m also losing more time than if I just had to visit a regular merchant to sell off the junk green sigils and runes I got from salvaging junk green gear.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

After further investigation in the Demo, not only is this terrible it’s a gold sink. You get gear worth less than the identification process. So unless they’re going to up vendor loot reward or reduce the cost of ID this system is really bad for players.

Unidentified item worth 1s 6c and identified for 1s 68c, you’re already cost wise in 2s 74c. Now to get a 68c item (which is what happened in demo) you lose 2s 6c.

They either need to make Identification a 3c option making it line up with scrapping, or these items need a quality marker. I would be OK with a white, blue, green, exotic, and ascended (if they’re possible through this loot) that stack up, it’s still max five slots for 250 items of each quality.

For me this currents system is going to greatly reduce daily income and scrapping.

This assumes that the value of salvaged goods stays where it is right now, whereas this system seems pretty likely to make those go up. This would be excellent for things like mithril or silk, which are near worthless and make up a significant part of lott salvage drops.

Why would those go up when you get them for salvaging unidentified gear? Supply isn’t going to see a meaningful change.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Vale The Shade.2935

Vale The Shade.2935

I’m all for saving inventory space, but the current cost to ID a lot of loot, both in time and coins, is too high for someone with limited time. A universal ID kit with plenty of charges for a low cost (like basic salvage kit) is a reasonable trade off.

This change is a major issue for me. The fact we all expect a “permanent ID kit” in the gem store shows how much of a wasteful sink/money grab this is.

I’ve been playing Guild Wars since the first E3 for Everyone for the first game. I’ve given Anet a lot of money, even on gem store items. I had fears of how the developers attitude toward monetization would change as time went on, and this is confirmation of those fears. If this system is not changed, I will not be picking up the expansion, and leaving GW permanently.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I strongly disagree with unidentified loot. It adds to the feeling, loot is not rewarding, and loot is more time consuming. Champion containers already have that job: give any tier of weapon randomly. And we don’t need to identify. And it stacks.

No to Identifications. Also i know you need to earn gems Anet, but all this item spam is not good for the game. Unid weapons means, GEmstore tool that EVERYONE will want to get. That means another ‘must have’ item in shared slots, and again another item we have to take out. If you keep going we will need 35 shared slots for same convenience as now, while you still wont have sold more then 18. Be more creative with the current way of loot. That would be much better.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: xXMapcoXx.9614

xXMapcoXx.9614

The main problem I have with this is people claim that you will missing out on the chance of getting rare/exotic gear? RIght? the chance of getting rare or exotic is the same as getting a pre in this game! Save 250 bags of anything and open them. Tell me how many rare/exotic you get out of them. I guess not many.

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The main problem I have with this is people claim that you will missing out on the chance of getting rare/exotic gear? RIght? the chance of getting rare or exotic is the same as getting a pre in this game! Save 250 bags of anything and open them. Tell me how many rare/exotic you get out of them. I guess not many.

In my experience thus far, probably around 20. I’ve had about 7-10% of the unidentified gear give rare or exotics in the demo.

I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’m wondering if we’re really losing anything. If unidentified gear stacks, then how can the game identify which one is an exotic and which isn’t? Is there a secret, unseen list that keeps track of the identity of the items that have yet to be claimed?

From the sound of things, unidentified gear is just another die roll that drops on top of the kinds of drops you would normally get. Is there any proof that we’re missing out on rare and exotic drops that we otherwise would’ve gotten?

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

I’m wondering if we’re really losing anything. If unidentified gear stacks, then how can the game identify which one is an exotic and which isn’t? Is there a secret, unseen list that keeps track of the identity of the items that have yet to be claimed?

From the sound of things, unidentified gear is just another die roll that drops on top of the kinds of drops you would normally get. Is there any proof that we’re missing out on rare and exotic drops that we otherwise would’ve gotten?

There is no list, it’s more RNG. The phrase “missing out on rares/exotics” is to indicate that if we salvage unids, those might have ID’d into rares or exotic.

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

There is no list, it’s more RNG. The phrase “missing out on rares/exotics” is to indicate that if we salvage unids, those might have ID’d into rares or exotic.

In that case, I do not see the problem. If something we previously earned is being taken away due to unids, then there would be a problem. But if it is an additional system added on to loot that people are complaining about gambling on, then that is strictly an opt-in system. I’m going to salvage all my unids and never look back.

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

In that case, I do not see the problem. If something we previously earned is being taken away due to unids, then there would be a problem. But if it is an additional system added on to loot that people are complaining about gambling on, then that is strictly an opt-in system. I’m going to salvage all my unids and never look back.

But here’s the catch: if you ID’d them, a fair few of them would have been rares or exotics, which you could then salvage for ectos. As it stands, by saving unids, you don’t get those ectos (and over time that will add up to a lot of ectos).

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Forget the idea of a Gemstore tool, ID’ing will stay with the Heart vendors. Now to counter some complaints…you won’t need to visit a Heart vendor until your inventory is filled up, which means you could potentially play for a couple of days before all slots are full of un-ID’s items. The chance of getting a rare or exotic is low enough that it’s probably more beneficial to just salvage everything at the beginning.

I’ll bet if you ID’d 250 items that it would be a wash between what you spent and what you earn from the ID’d items presuming you sell them to the merchant at cost. That seems to be how most items in the economy work, if you take the time to figure it out. It’s almost a zero sum proposition(but not really, you will earn gold slowly just selling all greens the merchant and salvaging all blues).

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

How is this supposed to save me time? I have everything I need in my shared inventory slots to quickly deal with loot. Also, bags that order what’s coming in. Whenever there’s a 10-15 second break, like when capping something or waiting for an NPC to stop yammering, I clean up my inventory. Cluttered inventory? Never happens.

How will I not still be doing everything I need to process my loot right now, with the added time of getting the stuff identified? Sounds like a load of smelly kittens.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Posted by: zionophir.6845

zionophir.6845

it is to control inflation.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’ve yet to see a definitive statement from anyone which suggests that we will still get the normal chance at rares and exotics as we get elsewhere. All I got was blue and green normal drops, but that might be due to a relatively small sample size.

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

it is to control inflation.

This was my first thought as well when I used it the first time. The heart vendor charged money to ID stuff.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Its really just a mix between fractal encryptions and event loot boxes.

Fractal Encryptions are the exact same functionality.

That said, This is an obvious gold sink. And thats the biggest problem people have here.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I don’t quite understand how this can be viewed as a measure to help inventory management. There is already a right-click → Salvage All of X rarity and below option. The only “clutter” are the few left over runes and sigils. That could be fixed as easily as simply introducing a salvage kit with 0% chance to salvage upgrades.

At the least the system should group by rarity and be considerably cheaper. Work “identifying” into the salvage process, where you simply have a small chance to get ecto’s as if you salvaged a rare/exotic, while leaving the ‘special’ items out of this pool as seperate drops (i.e. precursors, named rares..)

This system appears to be a hassle and a gold sink. There are ways to do this without making it that, the fact anet didn’t go with any of those options suggests to me that this whole thing being a hassle and a gold sink is infact the entire point.

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

But here’s the catch: if you ID’d them, a fair few of them would have been rares or exotics, which you could then salvage for ectos. As it stands, by saving unids, you don’t get those ectos (and over time that will add up to a lot of ectos).

If there’s a net gain to ID the unids, then ID them and don’t worry about it. If there is a net loss, then do not ID them and don’t worry about it.

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I’ve yet to see a definitive statement from anyone which suggests that we will still get the normal chance at rares and exotics as we get elsewhere. All I got was blue and green normal drops, but that might be due to a relatively small sample size.

It’s the other way around. You’ll have to prove that we’re losing out on drops elsewhere with the unids. It is a bit defeatists to assume a new system is inherently ripping you off via hidden changes to loot ratios mentioned nowhere.

Posted by: Whitworth.7259

Whitworth.7259

I struggle to see how anyone thinks risking a salvage of a precursor or exotic is a good thing. The only way this can work, if they truly introduced it to try and save inventory space, is for the unidentified gear to show its rarity and have one stack for each rarity type. Even the system in GW1 gave us the privilege of knowing what we were salvaging before we ID’d it.
Just seeing this in the preview has stopped me from pre ordering PoF. It’s one thing that really irks me. I’d rather have all the clutter than have to deal with this, it isn’t convenient in the slightest. I personally wouldn’t risk salvaging unidentified gear and miss out on rarer items so it’d be a case of IDing everything and then salvaging everytime, adding yet another stupid step and cost to a system as fundamental as an MMO’s loot system.

Please get rid.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

This is most definitely a gold sink and to be honest i am not sure how i feel about. i tried to id a group for 10 using 147 magic find and then do it again with about 277.

first batch netted me about 8 silver (vendor price) of item + 1 rare weapon
2nd batch got me about 12 silver no rares or exotics.

thats a total cost of 33s 60c to identify every with a return of 20s and 1 rare weapon.

as it is i dont see this worth identifying. I have a feeling the price of rares is going to fall because it is pretty easy to earn rares. Got a total of 5 this weekend and i didnt get to play a lot.

my biggest issues isnt that you have to unlock a heart now and then to id stuff (if it bugs you that much you could finish off a stack or 10 of unidentified gear and then do it all at one go, dont think thats a big deal really. Honestly I think thats a good thing actually keeps old content alive… my issue is that like others have said this is just another gambling system which i really hate but perhaps worst yet is salvaging these unidentified greens doesn’t even net magic find and I assume much less will it net ectos should some of what salvage be rare or exotic.

The leaves materials, pretty much what this will do is cause a huge flood of materials and added to that the many other ways you have to get even more materials I fear what consequences that will have… I hope we dont end up getting uncontrolled inflation in crafting rather then in the economy. To be honest I think we’re already there with some of the ridiculous amounts of mats some things need. Just to add a bit of humor imagine if this were to happen in real life… say take nightfury for an example, to build an item thats like what? 150cm cubed? you need something like 10 truck loads of ore and dust. 300 liters of oil, some 6 liters of blood, 8.5kg of coins, 2 truck loads of leather
just to build something that fits in your hand… it used to be you needed maybe 3x the volume of the object you crafted in materials… now we’re in the 100s of 1000s range for sure for some things

Galen Grey.4709

I struggle to see how anyone thinks risking a salvage of a precursor or exotic is a good thing. The only way this can work, if they truly introduced it to try and save inventory space, is for the unidentified gear to show its rarity and have one stack for each rarity type. Even the system in GW1 gave us the privilege of knowing what we were salvaging before we ID’d it.
Just seeing this in the preview has stopped me from pre ordering PoF. It’s one thing that really irks me. I’d rather have all the clutter than have to deal with this, it isn’t convenient in the slightest. I personally wouldn’t risk salvaging unidentified gear and miss out on rarer items so it’d be a case of IDing everything and then salvaging everytime, adding yet another stupid step and cost to a system as fundamental as an MMO’s loot system.

Please get rid.

Its not that simple i am afraid, on the surface it may seem a good idea to split them by rarity but keep in mind things dont happen on a wim there is a reason why Arenanet decided to create this gold sink and seperating it into categories may actually make it a lot worst.

First of all why have a goal sink, generally its to have more meaningful rewards but without risking to overwhelm the economy.

some people as reported in this thread saw many rares drop when identified these things. I personal had 1 rare out of 20 thats way more then i generally get playing the game. They can do that because they’re also taking some of what they’re giving away. Like in my case the total value of these drops was 28s + say 30s for the rare to an approximate total of 58s. however arenanet took away about 32s out of that bring it back down to 24s of profit. Now if this was the regular game, and I had 20 drops that would be generally what? maybe 12 greens 8 blues? for an approximate value of 25s, so at the end of the day nothing changes in terms of economy .. still 25 or so silver were added to the game but what makes you happier? getting 12 greens and 8 blues ? or getting say 6 greens, 4 blues and 1 rare?

now to do the same thing but splitting rarity categories they’d also have to charge differently to identify different raries.. IE say 60c for blues, 1.6s for greens, 25s for rares, 1.2g for exotics and if they do that it will pretty much kill the fun for getting any drops in my humble opinion because the whole point of being happy with a drop is that you got value out of it, if you get an exotic drop and there is like 40% chance you’re going to loose money to get it and another 30% chance you’ll only make a few silvers profit would you really be excited for it?

so yeah dont think there is an easy solution for this problem.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The solution is to sell them on the TP if you have low magic find. If you have high MF and like a gamble, you buy them, ID and then salvage the trash. If you just want lots of materials, you just salvage all.

Posted by: Mervinas.9482

Mervinas.9482

The need to PAY FOR IDENTIFYING is unbelievable and unjustified. Why do you have to pay for identifying such enormous price? What benefit brings this for player? I’ll better deal with inventory space myself than agree with this ripping-off. In current system I can do with loot what i want: I can salvage only specific types for materials (for example medium armor for leather), some others I can sell and get some money, some weapon types I can keep and throw into MF (for example all green staffs to get rare staffs and then those again to gamble for exotics – in such way I made quite some money and even got precursor the Legend).
Now new system is removing all control I had and even takes MONEY to identify!
No, this alone is turning me off preordering PoF.
Just imagine if they would make changes like this to looting in main game and HoT…

Posted by: Redden.5869

Redden.5869

I don’t like it, please remove it.

Galen Grey.4709

The need to PAY FOR IDENTIFYING is unbelievable and unjustified. Why do you have to pay for identifying such enormous price? What benefit brings this for player? I’ll better deal with inventory space myself than agree with this ripping-off. In current system I can do with loot what i want: I can salvage only specific types for materials (for example medium armor for leather), some others I can sell and get some money, some weapon types I can keep and throw into MF (for example all green staffs to get rare staffs and then those again to gamble for exotics – in such way I made quite some money and even got precursor the Legend).
Now new system is removing all control I had and even takes MONEY to identify!
No, this alone is turning me off preordering PoF.
Just imagine if they would make changes like this to looting in main game and HoT…

From what i saw and more so from what has been posted in this thread the reason for charging us is because they have improved loot drops and thus need to control inflation.

Posted by: road range.6293

road range.6293

I’m in disbelief. I was very glad this mechanic from GW1 was gone in GW2. My bigger concern is that they might drag this into the whole game. Just as they are dragging mounts into the whole game, instead of just leaving it all in those maps. Clearly it’s not for better game play, …on the contrary. As stated by others, it is to create increased gem store revenue, with items, such as, “endless identification kits”. Nope. Sadly, playing the Beta for an hour, or so, seems to have eroded almost all interest in it for me anyway. And, I had not even discovered this vintage ID salvage kit issue, until I heard about it from others.

Resurrecting the “painfully arduous item ID kits”. …Pay, or, risk salvaging a precursor? Yuk. ..Not exactly an example of an enjoyable game enhancement that inspires me to get out my wallet, IMHO. This is way past an ordinary; “No”. This is into very colorful superlatives “No” territory.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

it’s a useless thing to exist as long as we get fine gear drops from it that are worth less then the ID it self, that’s the whole reason why i said that.

But then you can just salvage the unId’d gear directly instead?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I’ll drop to the floor every ud stuff I get, as I do with every sigil and rune from the mats I currently salvage. Yeah, I’ll lose “money”, but it’s comfy, and I play to get fun, not to be rich in virtual gol.

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’s the other way around. You’ll have to prove that we’re losing out on drops elsewhere with the unids. It is a bit defeatists to assume a new system is inherently ripping you off via hidden changes to loot ratios mentioned nowhere.

Given you never get Un-ID’d gear and regular gear together, it’s safe to say Un-ID’d replaces your normal loot.

So every time you get one, you did not get regular loot.

I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

In my experience thus far, probably around 20. I’ve had about 7-10% of the unidentified gear give rare or exotics in the demo.

Its pretty clear to anyone who has played GW2 for along time that the loot table for the demo was turned WAY up, to make those who are trying the game for the first time feel like they are rewarded, there is NO way them same drop rates will be there on Sep 22nd, ( even though they should be, given you need 10k+ of some mats to craft gear )

The U-ID gear doesn’t bother me, I wont be ID’ing any of it, the game will not reward you for that, people who are saying you will miss out on rares and exotics ( and laughable pre’s ) are dreaming, there are plenty of players who have 5-8k hours into this game and have never seen a pre drop, this new ID system wont change that,

It would be great if Anet would actually post on here what the deal is with the loot system for PoF are we going to see the same numbers that we are currently seeing, as I wouldn’t mind actually playing the new maps to get mats to craft gear I need, instead of the usual grind.

Posted by: Mervinas.9482

Mervinas.9482

From what i saw and more so from what has been posted in this thread the reason for charging us is because they have improved loot drops and thus need to control inflation.

Well, we need official clarification of new loot system from ANet then.
But as improved (?) loot drops are hidden beneath unidentified items, how can we see benefit? To get somehow reliable proof, you have to salvage A LOT. I guess how many of players will bother with that.
I repeat again – ANet has to explain in detail the reason and all nuances of this new system, and clearly show how this will benefit players (dealing with inventory space is too cheap an argument – we can do fine with it as it is) to really convince me (and probably many others).

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Given you never get Un-ID’d gear and regular gear together, it’s safe to say Un-ID’d replaces your normal loot.

There are several people on this thread that claim otherwise.

Posted by: Neurion.4086

Neurion.4086

But as improved (?) loot drops are hidden beneath unidentified items, how can we see benefit? To get somehow reliable proof, you have to salvage A LOT. I guess how many of players will bother with that.

Demos have always plenty of loot, it’s a marketing move to sell the next expansion. Same had happened with HoT demo.
Someone on reddit went and tested salvaging unidentified gear VS identified gear. Here is the topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6tidl8/loot_table_from_salvaging_85_each_unidentified/
and here are the images of his results: https://imgur.com/a/Wbxxr#Gik1vFu

Again, I’d take the results with a grain of salt as the testing was done during demo weekend. The fact is that you don’t get any Ectos from salvaging unidentified gear.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

So is it the price of IDing that’s objectionable?

Convenience vs hassle seems to balance out. (Items stacking so less inventory space taken up vs needing heart vendors)

Yes, convenience vs hassle, but I don’t get to decide whether I prefer the old way to save money. Everyone will get unID gear and if you want to do things the way you did before unID, you are forced to ID which adds a significant cost to your play.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

There are several people on this thread that claim otherwise.

No, they claim they got regular drops still, not simultaneously. There’s an important distinction.

Let’s say you kill 50 mobs in the regular game and get 25 pieces of gear. In PoF demo, you would kill 50 mobs, get 20 pieces of Unidentified gear, and 5 pieces of gear. You’re getting the same number of drops, but now most of it is Unidentified.

I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: ShalmaneserIII.8571

ShalmaneserIII.8571

If I want to id gear I’ll load up GW1 and play it. Do not bring back an old mechanic as a gold sink when not everyone is sitting on 1000’s of gold or even 100’s of gold. If I wanted to practice math, I’d go to night school. I do not want to do it in a game

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

I don’t mind this system that much. A lot of other games do something simular, like identifying loot in destiny and Diablo 3. But I don’t like the fact that in order to identify, I need to complete a heart and talk to an Npc and it cost money per identify.

If they get rid of the heart requirement, lower the cost per salvage, and separate the loot by rarity, I think the system would be a much more welcomed change.

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

I don’t mind this system that much. A lot of other games do something simular, like identifying loot in destiny and Diablo 3. But I don’t like the fact that in order to identify, I need to complete a heart and talk to an Npc and it cost money per identify.

If they get rid of the heart requirement, lower the cost per salvage, and separate the loot by rarity, I think the system would be a much more welcomed change.

The problem with “unids by rarity” is that it defeats the purpose of Identification being effected by magic find. With all the unids being the same rarity while unidentified, you can transfer them to a single character with a lot of magic find boosters to ID, or sell them on the TP for someone with higher Magic find than you to gamble on. I do think there should be at least one non-repeatable heart per map if they are going to lock it by hearts… and lowering the cost per ID would be nice too… it is a bit high as it stands.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

been playing since GW1 beta days. used to carrying an ID kit.

not quite sure why people freak out over ID’ing gear. we’ll likely get ID kits at some point soon anyway, similar to how we got salvage-o-matics and such.

personally with how auto-loot works it’ll save a lot of space in my inventory and also eliminate that ungodly amount of minor runes/sigils when salvaging a bunch of equipment all at once.

people cry about mounts being in the game, people cried about gliding ruining everything, now people cry about unidentified equipment.

Not sure if genuinely concerned or just cynically lashing out.

Yup, I’ve been playing from GW1 days too. This is what we call a step backwards. As a friend of mine so aptly put it “What? Did my girls suddenly forget what a sword looked like (and what it does)?” Since GW2 dropped we’ve been able to have gear and just know what it was. Now, if they gave us unknown bundles that stacked and then just let us open them and find out what was in in them, sure fine. If they wanted to find a way to include a SMALL gold sink, then sure (about 50cp might be fine), but no. They put a steep sink, a requirement to do/go to a heart and really bad returns on the ID making people operate at a loss. I don’t do ecto gambling for a reason and I don’t want it for my normal gameplay as an almost necessity. What I DO want is for SOMEONE from Anet to actually respond to this post already.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The problem with “unids by rarity” is that it defeats the purpose of Identification being effected by magic find. With all the unids being the same rarity while unidentified, you can transfer them to a single character with a lot of magic find boosters to ID, or sell them on the TP for someone with higher Magic find than you to gamble on. I do think there should be at least one non-repeatable heart per map if they are going to lock it by hearts… and lowering the cost per ID would be nice too… it is a bit high as it stands.

I dunno, if they just had two tiers of unid it would be far better. Green contains all the rarities in their respective drop rates and yellow which is guaranteed rare with exo possible.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This is ANet we’re talking about, remember. NPE? Adept traits available at L36 that unlocked in L60 areas? “Every player by level 80 should have max stat gear?” Not enough MP’s to be able to fully progress and avoid niche content on HoT launch.

I always, always, always assume the worst. That way I won’t be disappointed.

For me, the system kittens kitten. If I got an Unid’d drop I did not get a regular one at the same time. Paying to ID plus do heart plus go to vendor makes it more clicking and more tedious. If PoF needs to resort to this lame gimmick to keep people playing, ANet has sunk to a new low.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Its a rotten system that I hope they do something about. It has zero advantages. People who feel that it’ll save inventory space (hoarders, people with bad inventory management) will find that over time, they’ll have the same problems they had before.

SBI

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

You’re just rolling greens and these green rolls just so happen to be GAMBLING TICKETS that you can throw 1.68s at for the chance at something better than a green. Now, if you roll loot, achieve yellow, but it comes out as an unid in the same color as the rest of your unids, then you’re losing something. But I highly doubt this is being done.

That said, it costs 4.2g to ID an entire stack. At current prices, you’d have to recover 12 ectos from the result just to break even. Comparatively, those using the Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic would only need to spit out 18 Silk Scraps out of 250 items to surpass the 7.5s cost.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Sojourner.4621

This is ANet we’re talking about, remember. NPE? Adept traits available at L36 that unlocked in L60 areas? “Every player by level 80 should have max stat gear?” Not enough MP’s to be able to fully progress and avoid niche content on HoT launch.

I always, always, always assume the worst. That way I won’t be disappointed.

For me, the system kittens kitten. If I got an Unid’d drop I did not get a regular one at the same time. Paying to ID plus do heart plus go to vendor makes it more clicking and more tedious. If PoF needs to resort to this lame gimmick to keep people playing, ANet has sunk to a new low.

Exotics and rares still drop separate of the unID items in the demo.

Sojourner.4621

I dunno, if they just had two tiers of unid it would be far better. Green contains all the rarities in their respective drop rates and yellow which is guaranteed rare with exo possible.

I could back this, and it would match the gauranteed rare with Exo chance that you get from some JP chests, from world bosses and meta events etc. Still needs the other changes I think… lowered cost to ID and one permanent heart per zone… if they want they can even put that perma heart as far from the apparent one WP per map as they can so that you still have to work for it :-|

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Well it would be just one inv slot. You dont have to go to the heart every single time you get a drop. You can wait until you get a stack.

Its hardly any different than redoing hearts over and over in living world 3 maps for currency OR unbound magic. Or just unlocking the merchant for that one item you want from it.

The price is indeed pretty steep. It shouldnt be that expensive for getting your reward.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Massacre.2064

Massacre.2064

Really really really hate the ID system. So much so I’m posting in the forum for the first time ever just to vent about it.

Other people have problems managing their inventory so now I need pay a tax on every drop or give up my ectos and exotics? That’s seriously terrible design.

Don’t try and save it. Don’t try and tweak it. Rip it out entirely. For me its the final straw in what seemed a very underwhelming offering from pof. Asking for a refund.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You’re just rolling greens and these green rolls just so happen to be GAMBLING TICKETS that you can throw 1.68s at for the chance at something better than a green. Now, if you roll loot, achieve yellow, but it comes out as an unid in the same color as the rest of your unids, then you’re losing something. But I highly doubt this is being done.

That said, it costs 4.2g to ID an entire stack. At current prices, you’d have to recover 12 ectos from the result just to break even. Comparatively, those using the Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic would only need to spit out 18 Silk Scraps out of 250 items to surpass the 7.5s cost.

A small sample size of 85 salvaged unid. Then 85 ID’d & salvaged.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I don’t like this system either, charging us to identify the loot we just got seems like another, significant cash sink. The cash drops will have to be boosted a lot in order to compensate for this.

Why is this unidentified loot system any better than say having mobs drop a single type of “loot bag” for the expansion zones? A loot bag that can be salvaged or opened to drop one piece of loot.