Unlock all Waypoints

Unlock all Waypoints

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Stupid forum bug is stupid.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Crystallize.8603

Crystallize.8603

It takes around 15 minutes per character (excluding Orr) to get all the dungeon Waypoints on a brand new character Tomed up to 80.
(Sped up by using a friend to waypoint into the dungeon and open it then run out.) This excludes CoE but you can still get to the area in a relatively short amount of time if you use the SE skip.

I think the biggest thing people forget is that dungeons only need the area open to enter the dungeon for the first time. After that, having used the portal at the door you have the dungeon WP open

Wherever you are, teleport to PvP, run through portal to LA, use the racial portals to get to Hoelbrak.
Hoelbrak, exit East to Wayfarer.
Wayfarer, exit North to Frostgorge – TP into HoTW and exit back to Frostgorge
Frostgorge, exit east to Fireheart
Fireheart, TP into CoF and exit back to Fireheart
Teleport back to PvP, run through portal to LA, use racial portal to Black Citadel (can skip tp to Pvp saves a few silver tho :P)
Black Citadel, exit East to Plains of Ashford – TP into AC and exit back to Plains of Ashford
Teleport back to PvP, run through portal to LA, use racial portal to Hoelbrak (can skip tp to Pvp saves a few silver tho :P)
Hoelbrak, exit South to Dredgehaunt – TP into Sorrows Embrace and exit back into Dredgehaunt
Dredgehaunt (nearly already at the bottom of the map \o/) exit south into Timberline
Timberline (longest run so far) exit south into Mt Mealstrom
Mt Maelstrom – can get into P3 and complete for WP ~ or run there
Teleport back to PvP, run through portal to LA, use racial portal to The Grove (can skip tp to Pvp saves a few silver tho :P)
The Grove, exit North into Caledon Forest – TP into TA and exit back to Caledon
Teleport back to PvP, run through portal to LA, use racial portal to Divinitys Reach (can skip tp to Pvp saves a few silver tho :P)
Divinitys Reach exit South into Queensdale and TP into CM. CM – exit back into Queensdale.

At this point, you only have to run down to Orr (which you can do quickest from the newly opened Mt Maelstrom WP.

Heading all the way West from that WP will take you into Sparkfly and Teq. Taking a detour south will give you access to megadestroyer and exiting to the SouthWest will give you access to Fort Trinity.
The Mt Maelstrom WP is only a short run and swim from the Golem Mark blabla world boss as well. (South East)

Having already run through Wayfarer you’ll certainly have a waypoint very close for the Maw event.
Having HoTW open, and having run to Fireheart from there, you have Jormag open.
Having AC open, exiting SouthEast to Blazeridge and running north gives you access to The Shatterer.

We already have the TA waypoint open (jungle wurm)
and exiting East into Brisban and South into Metrica gives us access to Fire Elemental.

From the CM waypoint, run south and you have the Shadow behemoth.

From Lions Arch, run directly north and you’ll have the modnir Shaman.
From Lions Arch exit south and then West to reach Taida/ Alternatively run south for Triple Trouble.

The thing is. Why do you need these waypoints open on all characters? If you have 1 world boss farmer.. the others are kinda irrelevant and you CAN get them very QUICKLY but people are lazy.

The real long run, is running to Orr, and as soon as you’re inside Cursed Shores you’re already there. So at the end of the day to get to orr all you have to do is

Hoelbrak – Dredgehaunt – SE – Dredgehaunt (short run) -Timberline (actually running in this map) – Mt Maelstrom (actually running in this map) – Straights of Dev (actually running in this map) – Malchors (actually running in this map) and you’re at Arah.

Which considering you’d need to run to these anyway for CoE/all the meta events in Mt Mael.. it’s not that far..

Plan your routes.. decide if you REALLY need areas on alts.. I mean, if you want your 10th mesmer to have Arah then great. Go run and get it.
Infact. I’m gonna go do this now on a fresh 80 and see where I get to.

Can mods please stop locking threads that are constructive.
Just delete posts that are derailments.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Stopped reading at the bolded part. I’m sick to death of people using “entitled” as if it were a dirty word. If people want my money then I’m entitled to tell them what I’d like in exchange for it. I’m entitled to make suggestions. Entitled is not a dirty word.

In this case, I’m entitled to say “hey I’d pay to unlock the waypoints on my other characters now that I have map complete” just like other people are entitled to say just like you are entitled to say something like “hey, I hate the idea of unlocking waypoints on my other characters because I enjoy boredom”

Note: I’m not even in any particular camp on this one. I just don’t see how allowing it affects people who don’t want it.

Furthermore, ‘entitlement’ can’t be thrown around as a dirty word in a game built around a gold-selling cash shop, imo.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Stopped reading at the bolded part. I’m sick to death of people using “entitled” as if it were a dirty word. If people want my money then I’m entitled to tell them what I’d like in exchange for it. I’m entitled to make suggestions. Entitled is not a dirty word.

In this case, I’m entitled to say “hey I’d pay to unlock the waypoints on my other characters now that I have map complete” just like other people are entitled to say just like you are entitled to say something like “hey, I hate the idea of unlocking waypoints on my other characters because I enjoy boredom”

Note: I’m not even in any particular camp on this one. I just don’t see how allowing it affects people who don’t want it.

Furthermore, ‘entitlement’ can’t be thrown around as a dirty word in a game built around a gold-selling cash shop, imo.

They have nothing to do with one another.

Unlock all Waypoints

Crystallize.8603

On a Mesmer (with no speed runes only focus 4), reaching all dungeon waypoints (excluding Arah) just took me 22minutes. So theres that.
Now about to run to Arah.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Sell waypoints is a bad idea. Make them account-bound is the solution.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If this where to be done, it would be a gem store item. It’s an item that’s at best, a QoL item, much like the home portal stone, also a gem store item.

Whilst I don’t particularly care one way or the other I would say this:

It doesn’t have to be a GemStore item. I have often thought that those of us who like exploring end up with an awful lot of excess Gifts of Exploration. I envisage a Mystic Forge recipe, requiring multiple of these, to create a re-useable item to unlock all waypoints on new characters.

Other such Mystic Forge uses for Gifts of Exploration could include infinite road markers.

ANet would make money from it. Otherwise having to use multiple gifts of exploration would be limited to the people who have done world completion several times and would make ANet nothing. If it was added to game “for free” it would be via BLC, and we all know it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Sorry, you have to get off your butt and do something when creating a new alt.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

To OP :

If such an item should exist, then you should also resign your Gifts of exploration(2) on this character upon using this item because you didn’t do the work. I just completed my seventh world completion this week and i deserve my gifts. Someone with a big wallet don’t deserve it.

Unlock all Waypoints

Ralanost.8913

To OP :

If such an item should exist, then you should also resign your Gifts of exploration(2) on this character upon using this item because you didn’t do the work. I just completed my seventh world completion this week and i deserve my gifts. Someone with a big wallet don’t deserve it.

You know what, sure, I can get behind that.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

To OP :

Maybe have a look at the suggestion I posted on the first page.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Unlock all Waypoints

Crystallize.8603

15 mins from Mt Maelstrom to Arah on a Mesmer. 37 mins total for all dungeon WPs and I got lost a couple of times :P
If thats too much effort, why are you making more alts (note. It doesn’t all have to be done in 1 day)

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

To OP :

Yeah, I’d say that IF Anet actually did this and sold a “buy all WP access” pass then they should also make sure that it stripped that toon’s ability to gain any map complete rewards. If anyone asking for this is also OK with this as a stipulation then sure have at it.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

I’d rather a skip tutorial option after like your 10th character made.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Unlock all Waypoints

ozmaniandevil.6805

When you’ve done the SAME something for 2,500-5,000 hours, yeah, it gets a bit tedious and boring. I find it laughable that you’re telling a person sitting at a computer to “work harder” in the game they paid for. Do you even understand what you’re saying? Not just you, but many others here. This is not a job, nor should it be viewed as such. This is a bunch of people sitting around playing video games. Uh… yeah.

Unlock all Waypoints

Crystallize.8603

37 minutes of game time to get the majority of useful waypoints (thats on a mesmer) is about the time most people probably spend per day in LA idling trying to work out what to do. Put that idle to good use. /shoo.

Unlock all Waypoints

Jahroots.6791

They have nothing to do with one another.

It’s possible to straight up buy virtually everything worth having. ‘Get up and work for it’ is more applicable things like Legendary weapons than access to waypoints.

Therefore I see no reason why the option to account unlock waypoints shouldn’t be added. If the old fashioned way is as simple as many suggest, then there’s even less of a reason to deny players a small convenience. They’d just have to be removed from the map completion %.

Unlock all Waypoints

Ralanost.8913

To OP :

Maybe. I don’t know. I definitely don’t think there should be much reward at all for people that want waypoints for no effort. No idea what the cost should be.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Thoughts?

I’m starting to wonder if it wouldn’t be easier for ANet to just offer “full” characters for sale. Full as in

• level 80
  • all waypoints unlocked
  • all skill/hero challenges unlocked
  • all dungeon stories unlocked
  • full set of exotic equipment of a stat set of your choice

After all, that’s what a lot of people on these forums seem to be after. Leveling, unlocking maps, skills, traits, dungeon access all seems to be regarded as boring, necessary grind these days if you judge by the topics around here.

Personally, I find waypoint unlocking a quick, easy and painless way to advance my character, giving me several levels on the side. Just running from Lion’s Arch to the gates of Arah with a lvl 75 character will bring you close to lvl 80 by map unfogging/wp unlocking alone, and takes way less than an hour.

I wonder how many people would actually play their characters more if they could pay to unlock the world, and how many would pay because of being impatient, but ultimately end up playing less because “there’s nothing to do”?

It seems that people want what WoW did. Just sell you a lv 90 char for 60 bucks.

“Would you kindly?”

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

When you’ve done the SAME something for 2,500-5,000 hours, yeah, it gets a bit tedious and boring. I find it laughable that you’re telling a person sitting at a computer to “work harder” in the game they paid for. Do you even understand what you’re saying? Not just you, but many others here. This is not a job, nor should it be viewed as such. This is a bunch of people sitting around playing video games. Uh… yeah.

Then. Don’t. Do. It.

Yeah, its a bunch of people sitting on their kitten, playing a video game. If they don’t like playing that part of it more than once, then they shouldn’t bother making more than one character. That’s pretty much standard fare across most games.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Unlock all Waypoints

Jahroots.6791

I don’t understand these counter-arguments to the OP.

Do you guys feel like it diminishes your achievements? Like it is going to give players some sort of advantage?

Nothing wrong with people wanting some of the stuff the game has to offer, but not everything.

Unlock all Waypoints

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t understand these counter-arguments to the OP.

Do you guys feel like it diminishes your achievements? Like it is going to give players some sort of advantage?

Nothing wrong with people wanting some of the stuff the game has to offer, but not everything.

Honestly, it doesn’t impact me particularly at all.

Does it give advantage? Depends on how you look at it. Some will say yes, some will say no. It’s a very perspective based question.

No, there is nothing wrong with wanting some the of the stuff the game has to offer, but take a step back and consider how people work. Take a look at how even basic request and suggestions spiral out of control. People requesting things like instant level 80 scrolls. It may start with a ‘simple’ thing like unlocking waypoints across and account, but then when people start pushing for other such things, where do we draw the line? How much is ‘convenience’ and where does it end. At what point does it become "Whats the point in having the game if you aren’t going to bother playing it? "

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I could see account-bound unlocks working.

When unlocked, the waypoint shows up as yellow instead of blue on a character that hasn’t earned it yet.

The cost for using the waypoint is assessed as:

1. Same as a level 80 character, regardless of the current character’s level.
  2. At maximum map distance, which is roughly 5 silver from Silverwastes to Ascalon.
  3. As a first time service charge, increase the cost by a factor of 10.

…Or heck, just make the unlock cost 1 gold. That’ll work.

No joke, I might even pay that for some of my 80s to break into zones they have no exploration in, or to hit up the boss-of-the-day waypoints.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

The more I read some of the posts in this thread the more I think people have forgotten what the sole purpose of a game is. A game is entertainment. Much like films, books and TV. They are designed to give you a good time. To take your mind of the daily grind and forget the worries of your life for a few hours.

Now, for the most part, GW2 does just that. It has excellent combat, fun events, dungeons, fractals and lot of other fun activities to do. I even really enjoyed exploring the world and doing all the jumping puzzles, mini dungeons and other fun little things here and there. I enjoyed getting map completed and finishing each zone.

And had I only had the choice of one profession I would be completely content with the progression systems. But once you have done it all once, some of those things are no longer entertaining. So instead of entertaining you, they bore you and they become a chore. They fail at being a game and become work.

This isn’t the case for everyone of course. Some people like to do all the progression on all their characters, and they have a lot of fun doing it. And that is great. I would not want that to be taken away from those players.

But again I come back to choices. I really cannot emphasize this enough. An MMO is designed to keep a lot of players entertained. If they only catered to certain types of player, they are limiting their sales, so the best thing any developer can do is give lots of options.

Anet said before GW2 launched, and many times since, that they believe players should be able to play their way. It’s a great philosophy to design by, and I wish more companies would adopt this mentality. But the trouble is, Anet has, inadvertantly or otherwise, added elements to their game that go against that ideal.

I cannot freely change professions if I want. I cannot unlock stuff at a pace I want. I cannot skip stuff I don’t enjoy anymore. In PvE, and WvW, you cannot do things your way. You have to do them Anet’s way, and that goes against what they said. Not only that, but for some players it forces them to do thing they do not find entertaining, which is the main reason they are playing the game in the first place.

Some might say ‘Well, go play a different game if you don’t like it’, and to those people I say ‘You are not listening’. I really like a lot of what the game offers. No other MMO, so far, is as much fun as GW2. But that doesn’t mean it does everything right, and that doesn’t mean they cannot/should not offer more options.

Unlocking waypoints affects no one but the person unlocking them. If it means losing XP I’m completely fine with that, but I do not see why we should be locked out of getting future rewards, just because we want to skip content we don’t like. If I spend real money to unlock waypoints, I should not be punished for it. I will have supported the developers, not hindered other players.

Some of you do not want this option, and that is fine, but I see no reason why you would want to stop others having it when it doesn’t do anything to you. It’s like saying you cannot use tomes of knowledge because I want to level normally. It’s selfish and pointless.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Unlock all Waypoints

LanfearShadowflame.3189

snip

No I haven’t forgotten this is just a game. Nor have I forgetting that it’s supposed to be fun and something people enjoy, not a job. Although, I do sometimes wonder why people bother playing when they obviously don’t like the game, but that’s not exactly the topic of this conversation.

All games have a mix of things we like and don’t like, and a required amount of both that we “have” to do. To me, simply allowing people to just open up all the waypoints for their account because one character has done it is on par with opening up all of the cities in a GW1 campaign for all characters after your first one has beaten it.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: MoJoe.9063

MoJoe.9063

Some of you do not want this option, and that is fine, but I see no reason why you would want to stop others having it when it doesn’t do anything to you. It’s like saying you cannot use tomes of knowledge because I want to level normally. It’s selfish and pointless.

I can understand where you’re coming from. Just recently I bought some gems to buy some gold to buy good gear for my level 80 characters. I could have accomplished the same thing by spending a bajillion hours farming up the necessary gold and whatnot, but I had decided that my time was more valuable than the small amount of IRL cash I spent on it. So I can’t condemn the convenience argument completely.

However, I do feel that the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I am of the belief that every game needs to have challenge on some level, and being able to bypass every challenge just in the name of convenience defeats the whole point of the game. Maybe that’s because I’m currently working toward 100% map completion on my 80s; to me, the journey IS the game, and I’d rather not take shortcuts.

Also, it’s kind of silly to ask our opinion on the matter and then say “Why is your opinion different from mine!?”

Borlis Pass
Azman – Asura Necromancer, Kemena – Human Guardian
Emracool – Sylvari Elementalist, Lyra Lightbender – Sylvari Mesmer

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

To OP :

yeah , your suggestion is not bad … but also no Golden Star for the toon who use it.

Unlock all Waypoints

ozmaniandevil.6805

I don’t understand why “I would prefer not to open the entire map again for the Nth time” equates to “I hate the game play” in some peoples’ minds. That is not the case.

So, here’s me, as an example. I started this game with a necro. I love my necro, but let’s face it, playing the same profession day in and day out.. meh, it gets stale. So, I created a warrior. Soooo much fun. Warrior was first world completion. Yay! Fun! But I wanted to try a medium armor profession too, so hey, made a ranger (I’ve also had a guardian, thief and mesmer at 80 but deleted them due to not so much fun). However, I’ve already completed the entire world map a couple of times, and probably 50% of it several times more with characters I no longer have.

OK, so here I am today, wanting to try out an elementalist. But I keep making and deleting it. Why? Because the mere thought of world mapping, yet again, makes me want to UNINSTALL the game. But I want to play the things I like – I love SW, love WvW, love to jump on the world boss train, love to do guild missions, do some dungeons, etc. But wow, I can’t do all that without running over the whole darn world for the Nth time. It’s like nails on a chalk board to me to even think about it. I want to play the content now, not run on for what feels days.

I have limited play time. If I use that time constantly doing the stuff I don’t want to do, just so I can do the stuff I want to do, well, what IS the point of “playing”? I’m not actually playing then. I’m working. No thanks. I’d rather turn it off then and play a GAME that I enjoy or go do something else entirely.

And as others have pointed out, that is bad for all YOU that say “ok c ya won’t miss ya”. Cause if enough people are doing that, you will all be playing with fewer people, ANet makes less money, and eventually the game dies out.

And keep your “entitled” line to yourself. Again, as others have posted, I paid for this GAME just as you did. I gain no benefit from WP unlocks by, say, using existing gifts of exploration that I earned already. In fact, I give up on map completion rewards such as crafting mats and transmutation charges, and I’ll never get the star beside my toon’s name, and I won’t get other gifts of exploration for that toon. But hey, I’m all for it. Because I. don’t. ENJOY. mapping. any. more.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Colryderhunter.2679

Colryderhunter.2679

I can see making an account wide perk for this.
Let’s say that you have:

At least two lvl 80 toons
At least one toon with a “Been there done that” title

After you have these finished it would open all the waypoints account wide. Toons that have not discovered certain waypoints would pay 2x for their first use of that waypoint and normal price after.

To be honest, getting the waypoints does not take up that much time. Having played numerous MMOs since UO, I do know that doing this for each toon is boring and can suck the life out of you.

Unlock all Waypoints

LanfearShadowflame.3189

snip

Not calling anyone entitled. I get that you guys don’t enjoy mapping after ‘x’ many characters. There are times where I get bored of it or don’t enjoy doing it too, and I’m on characters 14 (lvl 55 ele) and 15 (lvl 11 ranger). I agree shortcuts are nice, I could benefit from this too. However, there are trade offs with all things. One of the trade offs of making a new character is needing to open up the world with it.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

I am for the following:

1) Do map completion on a character and unlock all waypoints on all characters.

2) Only characters that do map completion get a gold star next to their name. This will be the incentive to do map completion.

3) Make the gift unlimited or remove from the legendary recipe all together.

(edited by ionix.9054)

Unlock all Waypoints

Crystallize.8603

People need to stop taking this “play how you want” philosophy to heart.
It’s the same as the “no grind philosophy”

Okay, you can play how you want but only within the limitations of the game itself.

If you want a game that truly lets you play however you want then you’re expecting FAR TOO MUCH and being UNREALISTIC.

I want to use a Greatsword on my Thief. That’s how I want to play, should I make a post every time I want to use a weapon on a char that can’t currently? No.

I want every dungeon to be solo and be able to get the same reward as a 5 man party in a scaled down version of the game. I don’t want to have to rely on others. But unfortunately thats the limitation of the game.

I want to run fractals 50 without ascended armor. This would mean everyone has access to the hardest content in the game without ever having done lower content >.>?

It takes at most 1 hour to get to all the important waypoints in the game. FYI if you’re on the forum right now, chances are you’ve wasted way more than 1 hour just idling in LA while on the forums.

People saying mapping = speeding through zones to get specific waypoints..? really? You’re doing something horribly wrong if this is the case!
(All the wps aren’t specific i can see you pedantic forum reply peoples)

If the game truly let every single player, play exactly how they wanted then there would be no content released, just pure QoL changes so that every single player can complete FoTM 50, every dungeon and obtain all skins and achievements just by logging in.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

I am all for this idea. Makes it actually enjoyable to roll new characters with friends on different races instead of having to WALK all across the map as lvl 5…

So many people here are so negative about new suggestions, as if something personal is being taken away from them, and this isn’t the only thread like this.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

Unlock all Waypoints

Crystallize.8603

Level 5 zoning into a level 80 map will get 1 shot. Js.

People that got 100% on all their chars.. also got it to turn around and say. I can go anywhere on all my chars. Sup.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Level 5 zoning into a level 80 map will get 1 shot. Js.

Good observation. I agree that will happen.

Unlock all Waypoints

Crystallize.8603

This is devolving into the same argument as the WvW map completion.

“QQ ITS TOO HARD MAKE EASIER PLZ”
“QQ I MAKE ALTS BUT DONT WANT TO PLAY THEM”

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

I am all for this idea. Makes it actually enjoyable to roll new characters with friends on different races instead of having to WALK all across the map as lvl 5…

So many people here are so negative about new suggestions, as if something personal is being taken away from them, and this isn’t the only thread like this.

All the time I’ve spent doing world completions and you want to make them pointless.

Anyway you shouldn’t be walking across the map at level 5, of course if you could you would level quicker from the higher area xp gains on vistas and POI.

So if it did happen you may as well remove the xp gains from those as well.

Unlock all Waypoints

Ralanost.8913

Walk into main city, go to lion’s arch portals, go to other racial city. What’s the problem here?

Unlock all Waypoints

Jahroots.6791

People need to stop taking this “play how you want” philosophy to heart.
It’s the same as the “no grind philosophy”

Okay, you can play how you want but only within the limitations of the game itself.

If you want a game that truly lets you play however you want then you’re expecting FAR TOO MUCH and being UNREALISTIC.

This request is completely within the limitations of the game itself.

All characters on an account share a bank, wardrobe and achievements. A three day old mesmer can benefit from things you’ve unlocked or gained through a warrior back at launch, even Legendary skins.

Adding WPs to the list just takes things a small step further.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

This is devolving into the same argument as the WvW map completion.

“QQ ITS TOO HARD MAKE EASIER PLZ”
“QQ I MAKE ALTS BUT DONT WANT TO PLAY THEM”

Yeah same arguments by people that want everything just given to them.

Seems to be a sign of the times.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: SkyCakeLight.3750

SkyCakeLight.3750

Why would you walk across the entire map? I’ll give you a tip to help avoid that!

Go into PvP lobby, take Asura Gate to Lion’s Arch, go to the Gate Hub Plaza. There you’ll find Asura Gates to the other races starting zones.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I disagree with OP. I don’t want this sort of item in game.
I don’t think I’ve played any MMO that allowed you to skip the exploration part…
Even WoWs buy a level whatever character you still couldn’t skip the exploration part.
I currently have 5/8 characters with 100%. I would have 6 but I decided to delete my thief who had 100%, to reroll race. I challenged myself to see how much game time it took to get 100% and that shiny shiny star back… 44hrs and 23mins game time to let you all know (I even made time for some PvP on said thief when I wanted a different scene.) It’s. Really. Not. That. Bad.
My point is, I’m sure you can find a few minutes to run to these waypoints yourself. Call it what ever you like. Hard. A chore. Whatever. To me it is laziness.
And yes, I have a busy life too.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Cyvil.1605

Cyvil.1605

However, I do feel that the line needs to be drawn somewhere. I am of the belief that every game needs to have challenge on some level, and being able to bypass every challenge just in the name of convenience defeats the whole point of the game. Maybe that’s because I’m currently working toward 100% map completion on my 80s; to me, the journey IS the game, and I’d rather not take shortcuts.

Obtaining the way points on a lvl 80 alt isn’t challenging though, it is just tedious. I do not support unlocking all way points, but am in agreement that there should be a way to avoid some of that tedium.

The requested change has nothing to do with laziness. It has everything to do with making the game more enjoyable for those that have a different idea of what is enjoyable. The OP did not request that anyone who enjoys running way points not be able to do so, only that an option exists to avoid this repetition for those that do not enjoy doing so.

(edited by Cyvil.1605)

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

GG for Crystallize who mapped out all the significant WP in 37 mins in a post that everyone is just ignoring.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

But tedium is always the price of alting in MMOs. Maybe an item that has a very long cooldown like an hour or even once a day, that unlocks all waypoints on a map. Just the waypoints, nothing else.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Unlock all Waypoints

ozmaniandevil.6805

GG for Crystallize who mapped out all the significant WP in 37 mins in a post that everyone is just ignoring.

Sorry, but dungeon WPs aren’t the only ones that matter.

Unlock all Waypoints

Haleydawn.3764

Sorry, but dungeon WPs aren’t the only ones that matter.

You’re missing the point entirely.

Kitten.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Xolas.9781

Xolas.9781

Agree with OP.

But the items should only be buyable once you have 1 of each profession max level and completed the personal story once for each race.

Unlock all Waypoints

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Can we throw in a portal that goes directly to the next scheduled event from the last scheduled event? It’s such a bother either finding it on my own on the map or clicking the link that is usually in chat.

Unlock all Waypoints

Haleydawn.3764

Can we throw in a portal that goes directly to the next scheduled event from the last scheduled event? It’s such a bother either finding it on my own on the map or clicking the link that is usually in chat.

Why not just have a floating chest with a rare or better weapon inside at every 15min interval you’re logged in for…

Kitten.