Upcoming blog: Removing Restrictions.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

The whole ‘taking class restrictions off weapons and armor’ sound familiar….oh that’s right ESO. Could it be that what finally got ANet to move is direct competition?

Having tried ESO I’ll just say lets not go as far as to call it competition

Having tried it myself…..I agree.

Posted by: apriores.4926

apriores.4926

Royall Terrace/Captain’s Airship not kicks you out when log in or return from PvP/WvW
Royall/Airship Pass can be used in dungeons (since you can use any WP anytime)
All Dungeon Exploration cinematics can be skipped with Escape key, or even better, can be disabled
Dungeon Story accountbound
Salvage ascended rings
Use Superior Runes/Sigils in Forge
Condition Cap removed
Account wide WvW ranks
Mini pets bank accesible from anywhere

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

Someone mentioned this before.

Nothing will ever be good enough now that this thread started.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

World-wide influence and unlocks for guilds maybe?

I’m crossing my fingers for this, but I don’t see it as likely for this patch based on comments made by OBrian (wish I had that link). China has this feature – ie: guild shares one influence pool and upgrades shared across all servers. He says that this would be difficult to move over to NA/EU due to having different unlocks on different servers, etc. I see this as a cop-out since they could merge the same upgrades, refund the influence for duplicates, etc. Its a lot of work, but should be completely do-able.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Being able to change weapon skills would be awesome, but I doubt that will be it.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: garganor.9824

garganor.9824

Changing the messaging filter to allow you to send to 4 people before blocking.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

oh yes, that silly chat blocker should get finally overworked or better remove it completely and just add to the report options “Spamming” or so so that Chat spam can be reportet…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

I hope the date your species restriction is getting lifted. I rather date Buzz’s girlfriend (woof!) than the fine ladies of black citadel.

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I hope it’s removal of time gating and diminishing returns (dungeon runs, farming, etc). Instead I suspect it’s something stupid that impacts very few people (i.e. no more restrictions on WvW after a server transfer).

In other words, removing restrictions that keep players from buying more gems.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Amere.9607

Amere.9607

so…

there’s this guy, Cthulhu, he was doing all the voices in Scarlet’s Head. Cthulhu, comes from sea smashes LA even more and kills new dragon (new tv series do like some plot twists?) in first patch!

and then we have an option to join cthulhu and try to reason him, or not dev launch event just like in voting one, but without results and story goes from there my asura on Cthulhu shoulder destroying elder dragons while there are vampire’s among dredge?)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I can only dream that its the removal of DR and farming limitations that are out right silly.

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

All this stuff sounds amazing. I’ll be happy if even a handful of it is actually what happens. I specially liked that idea of an Inventory Bag for account bound items like tonics, or the Hall of Monuments stone.

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

Honestly if they ever implement removing class restrictions off armor I will lose my mind. Why have a mesmer if my asura can just be a guardian with t3 light armor. On top of that, my ranger would be rerolled as – you guessed it, a guardian. It’d be win-win, I’d have all guardians, they’d look neat, and I wouldn’t give a rat’s kitten about playing this game except to look neat when I’m doing Living Story instances.

My guess is PvP and PvE armor though or changes to conditions. Likely PvP and PvE armor though because no other titles hint at anything that related and there has been major discussion along the lines of removing the PvP locker.

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Heh, reminds me that Rift allows any class to wear any armor in their cosmetic slots. I have seen some crazy photos of mages in heavy plate…

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

probably Pvp and pve same gear aKa Wardrobe
Accound bound dyes
Town cloths can be use in combat.

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Honestly if they ever implement removing class restrictions off armor I will lose my mind. Why have a mesmer if my asura can just be a guardian with t3 light armor. On top of that, my ranger would be rerolled as – you guessed it, a guardian. It’d be win-win, I’d have all guardians, they’d look neat, and I wouldn’t give a rat’s kitten about playing this game except to look neat when I’m doing Living Story instances.

My guess is PvP and PvE armor though or changes to conditions. Likely PvP and PvE armor though because no other titles hint at anything that related and there has been major discussion along the lines of removing the PvP locker.

That’s one way to look at it I suppose. Personally I’d like to play a Guardian that looks more like a spellcaster than a Paladin. Especially as they get to summon books to use magic from as an Elite. That’s some awesome Mage-type stuff right there. I wish Elementalists could summon a tome giving them Arcane Weapon Skills. Especially if the skills were balanced and the tome was permanent until un-summoned.