Update on Legendary Collections & More!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

A message from game designer Matt Penebaker:

Hello all!

My name is Matt Pennebaker, and I wanted to reach out and say “hi.” As many of you know Linsey Murdock is rolling off of working on legendary collections as she is needed elsewhere. I will be stepping in and attempting to fill her metaphorical shoes (my literal feet are like twice as big as hers).

I have worked directly with Linsey for a couple of years on rewards, but I want to note that while I helped with early design of the legendary journeys, I was not involved in their detailed designs or implementations. This is important to get out there because it means that I am still familiarizing myself with everything that’s been done, and where things are hooked in to the game. So please, bear with me.

• I have a small team working with me, but we are working on a few different things. Specifically: issues with current legendary weapons, new legendary weapons, and festivals (that’s a topic for another day).
  • The priority for current legendary crafting bugs is as follows:
    • Fix blockers as soon as I’m made aware of them. Anything that halts your progress is unacceptable and I’ll do everything I can to get it fixed ASAP.
    • Fix issues that encourage toxic play or interactions. No collectible should be gated behind failed events, or mechanics that make you upset that another player is playing a specific way. Unfortunately these things take longer to fix and test around the fixes (don’t want to break something else on accident), so the turn around will be slower
    • Fix the smaller things. Things like icons, text (unless it is very misleading, then it gets addressed sooner), and minor inconsistencies. We will get to things when possible, it may just take a while. Something to remember, every minute spent on one bug is a minute not spent somewhere else.
  • If you see something, say something. We actively read the official forums and reddit posts. My QA partner Evan Zynda is all over things on reddit. We want to know what’s wrong with our content, so please let us know.
  • New legendary weapons! The good news: yes, we are working on them. The bad news: no, I cannot tell you any more about them. Sorry, some things just need to be a secret.
  • Communication: I’m not a very social-media-focused person, and to be honest, have a lot of stuff to do, but I’m going to try my best to be communicative and up-front with you all. There are things I won’t be able to talk about, and things I won’t have the knowledge or authority to talk about, but I will do my best to not hide things from you.

Alright, I think that’s about everything I wanted to cover as far as legendary collections.

Here are some other updates for you about a variety of subjects:

The following are being looked at:

• Indigo Mushrooms only dropping for Moot Collection 3, and not Minstrel 1
  • Friend of Owls
  • Karka Queen not dropping “Ancient Karka Husk” 100% of the time for Astralaria 4 (it drops, but you need to tag the boss enough to do it)
  • Megadestroyer not dropping “Destroyer’s Heat” 100% of the time for Astralaria 3 (it drops, but you need to tag the boss enough to do it)
  • Mystic Chromatic Ooze from Juggernaut 3 wont apply the effect to you after completing the collection
  • Scholar Nabbi is inconsistently failing to become a merchant after the event ends in Straights of Devastation – for Bolt 1
  • Astralaria sometimes has no off-hand weapon-draw animation

The following are fixed:

• Sheet of Aurillium
  • Tar Elemental Core
  • Friend of Rabbits
  • Indigo Mushrooms drops have been improved
Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I have a small team working with me, but we are working on a few different things. Specifically: issues with current legendary weapons, new legendary weapons, and festivals (that’s a topic for another day).

The priority for current legendary crafting bugs is as follows:

Fix blockers as soon as I’m made aware of them. Anything that halts your progress is unacceptable and I’ll do everything I can to get it fixed ASAP.

Fix issues that encourage toxic play or interactions. No collectible should be gated behind failed events, or mechanics that make you upset that another player is playing a specific way. Unfortunately these things take longer to fix and test around the fixes (don’t want to break something else on accident), so the turn around will be slower

Fix the smaller things. Things like icons, text (unless it is very misleading, then it gets addressed sooner), and minor inconsistencies. We will get to things when possible, it may just take a while. Something to remember, every minute spent on one bug is a minute not spent somewhere else.

If you see something, say something. We actively read the official forums and reddit posts. My QA partner Evan Zynda is all over things on reddit. We want to know what’s wrong with our content, so please let us know.

New legendary weapons! The good news: yes, we are working on them. The bad news: no, I cannot tell you any more about them. Sorry, some things just need to be a secret.

Communication: I’m not a very social-media-focused person, and to be honest, have a lot of stuff to do, but I’m going to try my best to be communicative and up-front with you all. There are things I won’t be able to talk about, and things I won’t have the knowledge or authority to talk about, but I will do my best to not hide things from you.

Alright, I think that’s about everything I wanted to cover as far as legendary collections.

I’m so in love with Matt Pennebaker right now. This is the best news I’ve heard all year! ok, this, and the astralaria sheets of aurillium fix. And thank you Gaile for getting these things brought to attention :P And Evan Zynda for scouting ideas and the like on Reddit

Edit: Still waiting on a quick fix for failing events on purpose for items needed for collections >_< not happy. Shouldn’t be that hard to simply put said bosses away from temple events and have them like hero challenges where they remain non-aggressive until you interact with them. I’m so tired of having to wait for constant fixes for these legendary collections. I don’t think I’ll ever go for another legendary after all this BS.

Edit 2: A very helpful player pm’ed me and invited me to a contested map where I was able to finally get the items I needed. I paid him 10g for his help, because of how long I’ve been waiting and how much he helped me. But players shouldn’t have to resort to all this stuff. It’s not good, and I don’t think I’ll ever be going for another legendary after all this hassle. I just hope that the new guys on the scene can clean up all the mess for future people going for legendaries, because i’m so over all this bugged collection drama.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

Thanks for the update!

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Thanks for the update, thanks for communicating with us, and thanks for being forthcoming and polite! It’s always a pleasure to see and we appreciate that you guys are working on these things!

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Matt is awesome, I agree. And Evan is marvelous, too.

You might see what came from this: The first post went up earlier today, but with this, we have more tasty tidbits for your dining pleasure and it’s off to Localization for posting as soon as it’s finished (probably Monday). This includes our entire community of players in the news, which is always a great objective to meet.

Thanks for your patience while we prepared this larger post for you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: HakunaMataBaby.2734

HakunaMataBaby.2734

Thank you so much Gaile, not many people say it but I really appreciate it!

Posted by: FalconOSeven.2364

FalconOSeven.2364

What about the champ wraith event for HOPE T4? I already have it myself, but for many it has been troublesome and requires either people stalling lyssa event (having to pay people gold to not kill boss for example) or playing at off peak hours.

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

Hows about re-evaluating the silver doubloon requirement for the Juggernaut now?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Good update. Worth ensuring he knows about the Timberline Shark event for the spear legendary. I believe that requires 2 failed events? I’ll try add a link to the many threads about it

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The Nevermore collection requires event failure in a low level zone that has daily events tied to it. In addition, people who have finally succeeded at getting the event to fail, don’t always get the needed item.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Matt is awesome, I agree. And Evan is marvelous, too.

Hopefully someone can fit Matt and Evan with a forums ‘suit and tie’ so they can follow up here with the enthusiasm they’ve show so far .

Out of curiosity, how are these “need an event to fail” blockers getting approved after the enormous hullabaloo around similar failure-triggers being such an issue in the skills unlocking process? It seems like that sort of iterative learning would be part of a checklist or something before content can be signed off for the push to Live.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Fix the smaller things. Things like icons, text (unless it is very misleading, then it gets addressed sooner)

Yea i got Machined Staff Shaft from the Boss chest in DS even tho it says you get them from nox pod right on the text in the collection

Posted by: Alecu.4786

Alecu.4786

I have to say that I killed the Chak Gerent twice and did not get the Ley-line Bezoar needed for Astralaria III. It is starting to get frustrating because it’s one of those events where you have to wait quite a bit of time until you get a good group to do it with, which makes the reward bug even more terrible. Please, if there is any way to retroactively award this to people who have completed the event, I’d be very very garateful! If not, I hope you will be looking into it because I am stalling on this collection for 2 days due to the scarce number of groups which actually manage to organize the Tangled Depths Meta.

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

Great post, appreciate it! I am almost done with Astralaria so am quite involved with the entire Legendary business. It is nice to see the Devs took the time to communicate and inform us about what they are working on. Hopefully this can stem the tide of some of the forum negativity

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Good to here. Now if only I can summon up enough effort to go and do many things I dislike intensely to unlock mastery points to grind exp to get the legendary masteries opened I’ll be starting on acquiring it and will find out which bits are bugged.

I’ll be sure to let you know:-)

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

1. HOPE footsteps are way too short
2. Cant combine HOPE and Quip to make new Legendary pistol

(edited by Taxidriver.2043)

Posted by: Rei Mizser.7651

Rei Mizser.7651

Nice post but could you add the fact that Astralaria Vol 4 needs Defense on Gates of Arah to fail so in the retake we get 2 items one from the Eye and the Wizard. Either take out the defense event out of the game or make a workaround. It is my journey for the legendary, I shouldn’t rely of an entire map.

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

This post looks familiar..

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Good update. Worth ensuring he knows about the Timberline Shark event for the spear legendary. I believe that requires 2 failed events? I’ll try add a link to the many threads about it

For Kamohoali’i Kotaki I: The Experimental Spear? All the items in that collection list multiple sources. Are you thinking of the Giant Shark Tooth for The Moot? That one doesn’t require the Timberline shark either but the hint is “((635979))” so that should definitely get fixed.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Thank you for an official post on the official forums. I hope you’ll continue to monitor this thread and make note of the information being supplied by players.

And can we please get some attention and response to “fail gating” in general? Long ago this was proven to be a bad idea, and many times since then. Why is this method still being used at all?

And while we’re on the subject of communication, it would be constructive to address some of the other threads that have gotten a lot of posts. These issues are on our minds, and the lack of communication is worrisome.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

I already wrote it in the other thread brought up by players, though a bit more subtile, but it still keeps bugging me- who on earth decided to let someone who was (co-)responsible for the rewards in GW2, aka one of the most broken aspects of the game, take care of broken legendary collections?!
Since I don’t really care abou legendaries at all, I can only shake my head and think “so typical ANet” and move along, but if I would care, I’d probably go nuts now.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Zaoda.1653

Any ETA on when the items in legendary collections that require failed events is going to be fixed? I’ve been on numerous cursed shore and malchors leap maps for ones that require being taken over, but they’re always being defended, so I can’t actually kill the bosses I need to kill because they can’t spawn. Yet again, it’s another thing preventing progress on the astralaria collection at this rate it’ll be ages till I can finally make my axe.

Zaoda.1653

Nice post but could you add the fact that Astralaria Vol 4 needs Defense on Gates of Arah to fail so in the retake we get 2 items one from the Eye and the Wizard. Either take out the defense event out of the game or make a workaround. It is my journey for the legendary, I shouldn’t rely on an entire map.

Yeah this needs a fix a.s.a.p – maybe have them just available to kill at any time in a specific region of the map or something.

I’m also struggling to get the Hollow Saurian Bone from saurians in Auric Basin. Killed about 200+ raptors and other creatures, still haven’t received the item. Not sure if i’m having bad luck or i’m killing the wrong thing. The description in the item of how to obtain it isn’t very helpful.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Was going to make the Staff but ended up going back to my Dagger and stopping it. :o
Can’t wait to see the new Dagger, 1HSword and Shortbow so I can do one throughout. c.c

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: OJM.5103

OJM.5103

Would be great if within the process of all this you could fix the Howler bug that has been lingering for a ridiculously long time. Would appreciate some Minstrel love as well it is lagging insanely behind all the other’s even more so now with the new changes.

[GAMW]

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Failing events is a HUGE blocker IMO. A broken design that causes ppl to rage on each other. Plz make so that no events have to be failed on purpose for getting what u need.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/On-Legendaries-from-Dev/page/2#post5828094

Just something about Incinerator I that needs to get looked at ASAP also, this silly Troll in Zuhl is bugged since 3 years roughly and now where it is important that it works correctly where now that Colelction Item has been blindly added to its Reward Chest, before looking at it if even the Reward Chest properly can be received, makes it so more important, that this bug gets fixed finally by making sure, that this Troll can’t become ever again invulnerable to all damage…

PS: got it now, magically the invulnerability disappeared, after someone else resettet the fight, for me it didnt work this way some hours ago..

However, its still a bug that needs to get fixed, cant be that such an enemy can become out of a sudden invulnerable to everythign and you need to hope, that resettign your fight fixes this…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Welcome Matt! Thank you for the communication.

I put this on the reddit thread, but just in case it got lost in the noise:

1) The Moot I: Giant Shark Tooth. There’s missing text on the hint. ((635979)). The shark tooth is behind two failed events in Timberline Falls in order to get the Giant Shark to spawn. If you updated the drop location and updated the hint, no one knows where to go for the new one because of the missing text.

2) Spear III: Please don’t ever make me type in “Kamohoali’i Kotaki Vol. 3” to delete that item again. Seriously

3) The Minstrel I: Egg on your Face requires being hit by a risen chicken egg. The only veteran chickens that allow this are behind an event fail in Malchor’s Leap. This one is minor – the event resets quickly and there’s not a huge demand for this or for the Predator I Experimental Rifle which is behind the same event yet needed success.

4) The Minstrel I: Swiftly Scrambled Eggs. The drop for this recipe comes from Three-Toed Tootsie. Pre-HoT, Tootsie had mechanics similar to a breakbar. With HoT, she got an actual breakbar. The way these two interact make it impossible to kill her no matter how many people are around.

5) The Minstrel I: Drottot’s Poached Egg. The NPC that sells this recipe is bugged permanently, or gets bugged so fast it is effectively permanent. The wiki says he doesn’t sell if there’s an event anywhere nearby, but I’ve tried when the nearest event is more than half a zone away and he still won’t sell anything.

6) The Minstrel I: Quiche of Darkness. Indigo Mushrooms – are they really supposed to be are rare as they are? A few people have gotten 1 from orrian truffle nodes, but I’ve harvested hundreds since unlocking the collection and yet to get 1. 5 are needed for the recipe. (edit, I see you’re looking at this)

7) Kraitkin I: Dune Soarer Tentacle. The event that spawns this mob only comes up once per hour in Dry Top – which wouldn’t be a problem – however, there’s 5 or 6 different creatures that can spawn from the event instead of the 1 that’s needed. The waiting for RNG on this one is pretty silly.

Thanks again!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Welcome Matt! Thank you for the communication.

I put this on the reddit thread, but just in case it got lost in the noise:

1) The Moot I: Giant Shark Tooth. There’s missing text on the hint. ((635979)). The shark tooth is behind two failed events in Timberline Falls in order to get the Giant Shark to spawn. If you updated the drop location and updated the hint, no one knows where to go for the new one because of the missing text.

The champion in Sounthsun Cove also works.

3) The Minstrel I: Egg on your Face requires being hit by a risen chicken egg. The only veteran chickens that allow this are behind an event fail in Malchor’s Leap. This one is minor – the event resets quickly and there’s not a huge demand for this or for the Predator I Experimental Rifle which is behind the same event yet needed success.

There is also the veteran risen chicken in Cursed Shore. Not sure if it works.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Now THIS is a find! Seriously, communication like this makes everyone I know much happier with A-net. Thanks for this!

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This is the kind of communication any MMO player base needs. Until now we have consistently not received nearly enough of it and it’s pretty much the entire reason the forums are so negative.

Arenanet needs to own this and fix it rather than writing snide posts as if players are being unreasonable in expressing frustration. Forum negativity is a natural outgrowth of badly managed communication, which Arenanet is entirely responsible for.

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Hi Gaile,

Since you posted in PvE and PvP forums about future content or fixes ( which is great, thank you for this), can we except, wvw players, to see the same kind of posts about the future of our favorite mode soon?

Thank you.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

The Juggernaut III.

-Tequatl’s watery grave.
In order to get pulled under the water,a series of whirlpools need to spawn after each
dps burn phase.Players need to not dps it too fast or else the whirlpool phase is skipped.
Either make the whirlpools spawn after each dps phase regardless of the speed the
damage is applied to the boss,or use one of the other spells in the Teq fight.

-Temple of Grenth assault event.
To complete the collection,one has to get corruption from the shades that spawn
only during the attack phase.
In order for the attack phase to take part,players need to fail the defence event.
Either have these spawn during the defence phase too,or use some other requirement
that can be completed during both the assault and defence events.

To achieve these requirements a player has to play the Megaserver,in fact work against it in trying to join less populated instances,and to do so,utilize the LFG/Map Taxi function,which in turn only overstates the limitations of the LFG tool.
A player also has to work towards the failure of dynamic events,and against the other players in the map.
This contradicts the philosophy of removing unneeded points of friction between the players,and it puts unnecessary pressure on the LFG/Map join system,which is not the best possible to begin with.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

After completing The Legend, I have two suggestions with the collections.

One, get rid of the getting encased in stone by the shatterer and just have the collection item drop off the shatterer. There is an insane amount of rng involved in that. I think I got it on my third or fourth try and that’s because I worked on it in the game’s off hours with smaller zergs. You basically roll the dice every 3 hours. The Shatterer is not immune to blind and realistically, the encasing happens once every fight and only encases 5 people, pets or minions. So in a full map with any number of minion necromancers or rangers, the odds are not in your favor.

Two, testing the materials at Pyrite kittenula requires that you have exactly one and only one of one type of material in your inventory when you go. This means to complete this, you have to waypoint to the bank and back to the hero point 9 times. It’s also very confusing, because there is no indication or hint that you can’t multiple materials in your inventory at once to get the dialogue option on the hero point to appear. I wasted a good hour trying to figure out just what the hell I was supposed to do.

So unless the goal of the collections is to make us repeatedly perform redundant, arbitary and unnecessary tasks, please change it so you can have all the materials in your inventory at once when using the hero point.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)

Posted by: hawkeward.7631

hawkeward.7631

A small thing, compared to some of the others you’re addressing, but if you’re going to require the two Plains of Ashford meta events for multiple collections (I needed them for The Chosen, I hear they’re also part of Nevermore, etc.) consider making them spawn more often. I waited, doing absolutely nothing, for five hours before the Siegemaster Lormar chain started… not exactly the scintillating gameplay I look forward to when I log in.

Thank you for addressing these issues and communicating clearly on them, a lot of us have waited a long time for these collections and we appreciate it!

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

thanks gaile for posting this it is welcome news

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

2) Spear III: Please don’t ever make me type in “Kamohoali’i Kotaki Vol. 3” to delete that item again. Seriously

This cannot be bumped, marked, highlighted, bolded (if that is a word), covered in glitter, set on fire, lit up with LED’s and spotlights, put in front of the Rockettes, etc. Not just for this collection item, but for every item that requires it for deletion. Why can we not just type “Delete” instead of the item name? I realize that it is not as though we are having to write it by hand, however, some of the item names are infuriating to type in just to delete the item. Please Please Please Anet, can this be updated for the future?

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

Zaoda.1653

Still waiting on a fix for failed arah maps for the eye of zhaitan item and legendary risen high wizard item

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

A message from game designer Matt Penebaker:

Hello all!

My name is Matt Pennebaker, and I wanted to reach out and say “hi.” As many of you know Linsey Murdock is rolling off of working on legendary collections as she is needed elsewhere. I will be stepping in and attempting to fill her metaphorical shoes (my literal feet are like twice as big as hers).

I have worked directly with Linsey for a couple of years on rewards, but I want to note that while I helped with early design of the legendary journeys, I was not involved in their detailed designs or implementations. This is important to get out there because it means that I am still familiarizing myself with everything that’s been done, and where things are hooked in to the game. So please, bear with me.

• I have a small team working with me, but we are working on a few different things. Specifically: issues with current legendary weapons, new legendary weapons, and festivals (that’s a topic for another day).
  • The priority for current legendary crafting bugs is as follows:
    • Fix blockers as soon as I’m made aware of them. Anything that halts your progress is unacceptable and I’ll do everything I can to get it fixed ASAP.
    • Fix issues that encourage toxic play or interactions. No collectible should be gated behind failed events, or mechanics that make you upset that another player is playing a specific way. Unfortunately these things take longer to fix and test around the fixes (don’t want to break something else on accident), so the turn around will be slower
    • Fix the smaller things. Things like icons, text (unless it is very misleading, then it gets addressed sooner), and minor inconsistencies. We will get to things when possible, it may just take a while. Something to remember, every minute spent on one bug is a minute not spent somewhere else.
  • If you see something, say something. We actively read the official forums and reddit posts. My QA partner Evan Zynda is all over things on reddit. We want to know what’s wrong with our content, so please let us know.
  • New legendary weapons! The good news: yes, we are working on them. The bad news: no, I cannot tell you any more about them. Sorry, some things just need to be a secret.
  • Communication: I’m not a very social-media-focused person, and to be honest, have a lot of stuff to do, but I’m going to try my best to be communicative and up-front with you all. There are things I won’t be able to talk about, and things I won’t have the knowledge or authority to talk about, but I will do my best to not hide things from you.

Here are some other updates for you about a variety of subjects:

The following are being looked at:

• Indigo Mushrooms only dropping for Moot Collection 3, and not Minstrel 1
  • Friend of Owls
  • Karka Queen not dropping “Ancient Karka Husk” 100% of the time for Astralaria 4 (it drops, but you need to tag the boss enough to do it)
  • Megadestroyer not dropping “Destroyer’s Heat” 100% of the time for Astralaria 3 (it drops, but you need to tag the boss enough to do it)
  • Mystic Chromatic Ooze from Juggernaut 3 wont apply the effect to you after completing the collection
  • Scholar Nabbi is inconsistently failing to become a merchant after the event ends in Straights of Devastation – for Bolt 1
  • Astralaria sometimes has no off-hand weapon-draw animation

The following are fixed:

• Sheet of Aurillium
  • Tar Elemental Core
  • Friend of Rabbits
  • Indigo Mushrooms drops have been improved

Awesome Gaile Gray, appreciate what you did, also looooove how you formatted it for the reader to notice the important points! Cheers to you and thank you!

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

And I cry “BS!”

“I want to note that while I helped with early design of the legendary journeys, I was not involved in their detailed designs or implementations.”

“What’s in the game isn’t my fault, honest!” In fairness, no it probably isn’t. Concerns raised by peons are frequently over-ruled by management, but this is not a good way to start a post.

“The priority for current legendary crafting bugs is as follows…”

Yeah. Great. Not blaming you, Matt, but who the kittening hell thought it was a good idea to let these things loose on the community in the first place??!! Be honest, for once, Anet. YOU, not us, YOU released code that set your players against each other. Your decision, not ours. Fixing it is… It isn’t “good”. IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED ACCEPTABLE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Just what is going on behind the scenes? Who is making the decisions? Why are they making those decisions?

Lastly (there is much more that I could say), I am, frankly, frightened by the fact that Matt Penebaker apparently does NOT understand the difference between QA & QC. Most of you don’t, and you don’t care either. But as someone who has just been labelled as a “games designer”, he ought to know. And he doesn’t, seemingly.

No wonder every update / patch that Anet releases needs to be patched at least twice within a week…

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

And I cry “BS!”

“I want to note that while I helped with early design of the legendary journeys, I was not involved in their detailed designs or implementations.”

“What’s in the game isn’t my fault, honest!” In fairness, no it probably isn’t. Concerns raised by peons are frequently over-ruled by management, but this is not a good way to start a post.

“The priority for current legendary crafting bugs is as follows…”

Yeah. Great. Not blaming you, Matt, but who the kittening hell thought it was a good idea to let these things loose on the community in the first place??!! Be honest, for once, Anet. YOU, not us, YOU released code that set your players against each other. Your decision, not ours. Fixing it is… It isn’t “good”. IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED ACCEPTABLE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Just what is going on behind the scenes? Who is making the decisions? Why are they making those decisions?

Lastly (there is much more that I could say), I am, frankly, frightened by the fact that Matt Penebaker apparently does NOT understand the difference between QA & QC. Most of you don’t, and you don’t care either. But as someone who has just been labelled as a “games designer”, he ought to know. And he doesn’t, seemingly.

No wonder every update / patch that Anet releases needs to be patched at least twice within a week…

Feel better?

I hope so, because your post will have, at least, accomplished one thing.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

A big concern I have with the legendary crafting process is the economics. It is simply more effective for a player to ignore the whole thing, and accumulate gold via other avenues in the game and then buy the item on the TP. Seriously the economics of the Legendary Crafting process are out of whack and need to be adjusted. Otherwise this very desirable feature will be a failure.

Posted by: swilmot.9573

swilmot.9573

Flameseeker prophecies vol 3 issues

-Battle in the vaults and battle for Ascalon city events in Plains of Ashford never spawn/spawn so irregularly no-one I’ve spoken to has seen them. I have been checking consistently for 4 days now.

-Nebo Terrace meta event needs to FAIL for a chance at the champion war beast spawning before Nebo terrace is recaptured. Either of these events can easily be soloed making it basically impossible for the required sequence of events to occur. I have been trying this event for 3 days

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

There is a second event that has a vet risen chicken that spawns in Cursed Shore. So you don’t have to rely on the event failing in Malchor’s.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slay_the_veteran_Risen_chicken_that's_chasing_Priory_Scholar_Zepa

4) The Minstrel I: Swiftly Scrambled Eggs. The drop for this recipe comes from Three-Toed Tootsie. Pre-HoT, Tootsie had mechanics similar to a breakbar. With HoT, she got an actual breakbar. The way these two interact make it impossible to kill her no matter how many people are around.

Her breakbar got removed and Tootsie is working correctly again. This fix never made it to patch notes.

5) The Minstrel I: Drottot’s Poached Egg. The NPC that sells this recipe is bugged permanently, or gets bugged so fast it is effectively permanent. The wiki says he doesn’t sell if there’s an event anywhere nearby, but I’ve tried when the nearest event is more than half a zone away and he still won’t sell anything.

Drottot’s event got removed with the NPE and is forever broken…however I found out that he does indeed sell the recipe eventhough he has no vendor icon over his head. Talk to him and there’s an option to buy his recipe. I wish they’d fix this event as the nearby heart mentions collecting devourer eggs which you can’t ever do.

6) The Minstrel I: Quiche of Darkness. Indigo Mushrooms – are they really supposed to be are rare as they are? A few people have gotten 1 from orrian truffle nodes, but I’ve harvested hundreds since unlocking the collection and yet to get 1. 5 are needed for the recipe. (edit, I see you’re looking at this)

I hope they fix the indigo mushrooms issue. All I need are the indigo mushrooms to finish the first collection for the Minstrel and I haven’t seen a single one.

Posted by: Buffalo Bruiser.3567

Buffalo Bruiser.3567

anything being done about the crystal encasement at shatterer for The Legend crafting?
Seriously have to do something about that. Shouldn’t have to have luck involved in precursor crafting.

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Saying something:

• urge your management to stop being involved too much and let people do their jobs so that the game may (hopefully) recover from its current messed up state
  • according to reviews most people disapprove of the CEO and advise he should ditch his “Yes men” who seem to lack understanding and make the most horrible business decisions aimed at the game being just a cash machine (typical NCSoft strategy)
    • treat the game like a game and stop making it just for profits. Your judgement seems to be very clouded because all you started seeing is money (game rewards have been crippled, some instances abandoned, everything centred around HoT content making other content obsolete)
  • encourage designers to work with artists more than less
  • stop pressing on delivering mass amounts of content without the right people
    • trust your employees, give them more freedom to do what you hired them to do
  • do not allow other markets set the course for the game
  • take time to address the problems instead of pushing so much priority on shipping. Be willing to fire bad managers and directors, instead of letting them lead to talent loss. Help the teams work together better, instead of allowing some teams to isolate themselves

In short: stop letting incompetent people make any kinds of decisions.

How I know this? I do my research.

(edited by Inoki.6048)

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

When this falls off the front page, people can’t see it and make their own thread.

Posted by: Orzak.7941

Orzak.7941

The Bifrost III: Please do something about “Experiencing the Crystal”, in its current state it is virtually unobtainable because The Shatterer not immune to blinds and 1 blind keeps the ability needed from going out on players. There have been a few players able to get this by getting in underpopulated overflow maps but a large majority of us are stuck needing only this PLEASE fix

Posted by: Orzak.7941

Orzak.7941

The Bifrost III: Please do something about “Experiencing the Crystal”, in its current state it is virtually unobtainable because The Shatterer not immune to blinds and 1 blind keeps the ability needed from going out on players. There have been a few players able to get this by getting in underpopulated overflow maps but a large majority of us are stuck needing only this PLEASE fix

Also, this was acknowledged a month ago by Linsey on Reddit, and nothing has been done about it yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qcf0r/experiencing_the_crystal_the_bifrost_iii_the/

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I was impressed with the speed with which these are being fixed. Well done fixers.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.