Update on the MegaServer roll-out plan

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Prismatronic.9283

Prismatronic.9283

“During nonpeak hours or on worlds with medium population, you’ll now find more players to play with who speak your language.”

some plan for a latin american server?

thanks for your work !!!!

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

Quote: "As a player, this will impact you in the following ways:
Waypoints—All contestable waypoints on any map you’re not currently playing in will always appear contested. When you arrive in the map, you will be able to travel to these waypoints pending their local status.
Dungeons—You will no longer be able to tell if a dungeon entrance is open until you’re on the same map.
Temples of Orr—The cross-map mechanics of these temples will be disabled. Instead, god statues will be active only when the nearest temple is contested.

So does this mean we have to run to the map and we can’t way point there from another map? So if I’m in Divinity’s Reach, I can’t just way point to Orr because everything is contested? This is confusing.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

So does this mean we have to run to the map and we can’t way point there from another map? So if I’m in Divinity’s Reach, I can’t just way point to Orr because everything is contested? This is confusing.

Some waypoints are contestable, others stay open all the time. There’s several of the latter in each zone. You’ll only be able to port from another map to those that stay open all the time.

Posted by: Jado Cast.1805

Jado Cast.1805

Some waypoints are contestable, others stay open all the time. There’s several of the latter in each zone. You’ll only be able to port from another map to those that stay open all the time.

Ok, thank you. That’s not very clear in the description.

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Ok, thank you. That’s not very clear in the description.

It’s… pretty clear. They say “all contestable waypoints.” As in, only the waypoints that can become contested. Just take a few seconds to read it.

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

It’s ‘funny’ how the word exciting is used for the introduction of a system that makes the most interesting and beautiful monsters in the game as boring and predictable as your average public tv programme. Oh look, the fire elemental is going to spontaneously explode in 5 minutes, better grab mah tea. Bleh.

That’s how it is already. The megaserver boss schedule is a minor tweak compared to all the other system updates coming. How would the boss spawning randomly be any more exciting? You’d either miss it or have to camp it for hours to get your salvage green and pink rock. What great game design you pine for :rollseyes:

Posted by: Rasudido.6734

Rasudido.6734

I have mixed feelings about the mega server system.

For one I am sure this will come as a quality of life improvement to all lower population servers as their problem was finding enough people to play with and accomplish events.

I dont like this because it basically turns everything into overflows (which have countless valid reasons why people hate them) which depend on this “smart” system anet has developed (which I dont trust because your previous “smart” systems have all sucked).

Im OK with this getting implemented BUT I should be allowed to pick which instance of the megaserver I want to go to in case I dont like where the “smart” system placed me. I shouldnt have to brute force this through my friends/guild list who happen to be somewhere else. This should be a system like gw1 where a drop down menu let me pick Lion’s Arc #53 if I wanted to even if I was sorted into LA #20.

Posted by: Shepherd.5839

Shepherd.5839

Personally I’m really looking forward to almost everything coming out on April 15th… except for megaservers and the new boss rotation and I’m going to try to articulate this the best way I can.

Over the past year and a half or more each server has slowly crafted its own community. Whether it’s Ehmry Bay doing something silly like an entire zerg standing on its LA lion statue to try and save it prior to the escape release (seriously guys that looked like it must have been fun) to the unifying competitive atmosphere of my home server of Blackgate. There was nothing like the wurm event and Lion’s Arch to bring the server community together as we were determined to succeed and many new friendships were made.

I feel this megaserver update is doomed to tear this community apart. No longer are we guaranteed to end up with the same people from our server. And this doesn’t even touch upon the bigger problems. I already voiced why I feel the new boss system is a terrible decision in that feedback forum, but if I get insanely lucky and the stars align for me to attend a Tequatl event, the unified servers greatly increases the chance that it will be wiped by having too many afkers or players looking for a free ride. What’s more is that I will then be MORE LIKELY to end up with these players again as described by the "placed with people you have played with before. "

I understand the intention is to get more players to do major events like Tequatl and the Triple Trouble Wurm on servers other than Blackgate but I feel what is instead going to happen is many people will only be able to do these events by being lucky enough to get in large guilds either due to poor boss attempts or simply not being able to attend those events like me.

The one and only thing I think could be good about this system is I pvp with people from other servers and it would be nice to be in the same heart of the mists without having to mess around with guesting. But other than that I feel this new system will be to the massive detriment of the well established server systems. I don’t see how making every server an overflow is going to solve the overflow “problem” which I did not see any problem to begin with. Sorry for the wordy post just wanted to put out my thoughts here.

(edited by Shepherd.5839)

Posted by: Yanslana.5982

Yanslana.5982

Hi, is the world boss schedule still being implemented on April 15th?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

It’s ‘funny’ how the word exciting is used for the introduction of a system that makes the most interesting and beautiful monsters in the game as boring and predictable as your average public tv programme. Oh look, the fire elemental is going to spontaneously explode in 5 minutes, better grab mah tea. Bleh.

That’s how it is already. The megaserver boss schedule is a minor tweak compared to all the other system updates coming. How would the boss spawning randomly be any more exciting? You’d either miss it or have to camp it for hours to get your salvage green and pink rock. What great game design you pine for :rollseyes:

At least if you miss it now, you’d have a chance again in less than 3 hours in most cases. FE currently spawns hourly, if I’m not mistaken.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

At least if you miss it now, you’d have a chance again in less than 3 hours in most cases. FE currently spawns hourly, if I’m not mistaken.

Yep. The same with Mark II golem. And while FE is moved to 2-hour schedule, for golem it will be 6 hours cooldown.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: capnbishop.3927

capnbishop.3927

I would like to see a combination of the two options. Roll the megaserver system out to major cities, level 1-15 zones, PvP lobby, and low population zones.

The idea of rolling it out to low population zones just plain makes sense because that’s where we’ll see the biggest impact. Additionally, rolling it out to all the other areas also makes sense because then we have some common well known areas where we can reliably test the new system.

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Can we please have confirmation that maps affected by the mega-server will produce influence. The feature notes are ambiguous on this topic.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Samuel, this mega server system sounds a little like the district system in GW1, is it based on that? Just wondering. Also why not simply add more servers? This really could turn out to be a case of “Don’t raise the bridge, lower the river..”.

how does adding more servers help any issue? low pop areas are low pop areas, more servers make low pop areas less populated, and this will help that in making low pop areas atleast medium pop with people from every server, if anything to achieve this effect they’d need to remove some servers and merge those

People on low pop servers can always guest on other servers.

Posted by: Randall.7306

Randall.7306

From all the plan told until now, my only concern is that the boss schedule seems quite tight, and those playing always in the same hours of the day, will likely never see some content.

The only solution I can think right now is to do some rotations over time, like every month the whole schedule is moved 3 hours further.

Posted by: Laurent.8930

Laurent.8930

This still doesn’t answer if the maps uneffected by the rollout will be effected by the new schedule. Can we get some clarification here?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I knew exactly what was going on before this update…

Now I am totally confused…

Are Anet communications run by a black ops team?

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

From all the plan told until now, my only concern is that the boss schedule seems quite tight, and those playing always in the same hours of the day, will likely never see some content.

The only solution I can think right now is to do some rotations over time, like every month the whole schedule is moved 3 hours further.

actually this is a good idea.

rotate the schedule, so at least you’re not doing the same boss at the same time every single day.

Posted by: Kbk Novais Pt.1329

Kbk Novais Pt.1329

hi guys,

i have been ready the posts about the the patch 15-04-2014, didnt find anything about the question i am about to make.

Will the multi server guilds that have influence around servers, will they get all influence and merits merge? or it will be lost?

This mega server also gives me another question about recruting players for WvW guilds, till now guild use the map chat in the main places (L.A.) for getting new players, with this new server guilds will probably get into a server where players can or cant be from the same server, and can’t play/raid/roaming with the rest of the guild during the events in wvw. will be anyway for guild that only do wvw get new players or they will only be able to recruit in the map chat from WvW?

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Thank you for your post, Samuel, but I am now a bit confused. Could you please clearly explain certain points?

• When you said this will roll out in low-pop maps and PvP area, does this mean it will not be implemented to Cities as of 15th April?
  • Can you please specify which maps can we expect to be affected by this as of the feature patch on 15th April? (Assuming Timberline and Snowden) As someone heavily involved in the megaboss community, this information is very important to me and my guild and alliances.
  • Around what time of the year is Anet planning on releasing this to more maps, and again, which maps when? Just roughly speaking.

CONCERN:

MegaServer is a complex system, so we will be closely monitoring its deployment. We will make adjustments to our plan in accordance with the results of the roll-out.

From monitoring the feedback threads these past days, as Megaserver is making me consider whether to abandon GW2 or not, most of players’ concerns are NOT about low-population maps, nor the PvP lobby. We are mostly concerned about Cities and more populated maps where we actively run events with our server communities.
So, please consider that the feedback you get now from only low-pop maps does not reflect our main concerns about the whole Megaserver system.
Those concerns largely deal with: 1) breaking the established server communities (F-list ad guilds do not make up all social interactions), 2) more randomness in Wurm/Teq organisation, 3) no more in-game events “meet at server X at Y pm”, 4) fixed world boss schedules, 5) waypointing issues, 6) RP.

It is great that you guys are fixing low-pop places and the response should be good there, but imo it comes at a big cost-to-benefit-ratio when you include all those issues (1-6). So there will be no true feedback until this is implemented in Orr, Megaboss maps and dungeon maps and Cities as WvW rallying places.

Brisban might be an interesting case though. It is very low-pop now, but if / when the Living Story hits (cough Marjory’s sister’s assignment), this will be a whole different issue. It would be crucial how the Mega-overflow system deals with mass flux of LS players that usually created overflows like at Knightfall or Marionette. Brisban (maybe) with the new LS player boom might be a good testing ground, if you must continue with this Beta-test of the game a year since release.

Anything short of complete removal of the scheduled events will be a disappointment.

Agreed.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I am wondering when i will be able to play the game without low fps on guildwars2 recommended specs?

because ever since culling was “removed” i can hardly play it on medium.

So next step: optimization please!

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Anything short of complete removal of the scheduled events will be a disappointment.

All is said.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Hello!

Here’s some clarification, as I understand that this whole thing is quite complicated to grasp.

• The roll-out plan ultimately include all maps in the open world, including the cities. The speed at which we’ll roll out the system will depends on how the system performs versus our expectations, but the goal is to ultimately cover the whole open world.
  • The roll-out is done on a per-map basis. Once a map uses the MegaServer system, it uses it for all Worlds (that is the point of the MegaServer system). The “map population” I am referring to is the average population on the map across all Worlds.

Thanks for your comments!
— Samuel

Can you provide the average population per map per <relevant period of time>?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I am wondering when i will be able to play the game without low fps on guildwars2 recommended specs?

because ever since culling was “removed” i can hardly play it on medium.

So next step: optimization please!

That has nothing to do with this thread, and is likely due to your pc build. Create your own thread in the Player helping players, if you need advice on that.

Guhracie.3419

Could you guys add this information to the official blog on this topic? Many people are confused over what’s actually happening next week.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Completely fine with me, I would much rather it be handled slowly to improve the game performance than just dropped in suddenly and all these bugs happen at once.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ve been thinking about the new plan for a “gradual” roll out.

We are now planning on releasing the system starting with the PvP lobby and low population maps, and incrementally moving onto the maps with high populations. With this approach, the behavior on level 1 to 15 maps won’t change until we’ve seen the positive confirmation from the community as well as from our metrics that MegaServer is working as expected on lower population maps.

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that how the Megaserver is supposed to work when it’s ENTIRELY implemented? Lower population zones are merged, while medium to high are left pretty much alone. Right? Any overflow, when it first forms, will naturally be a low population map as well.

Are they deciding beforehand which zones are “low population” and which ones are not? Or are they going to have the system deciding as the population levels shift throughout the day? If it’s the second, then wouldn’t that mean it’s pretty much fully live from day one?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

I’m confused. This announcement changed the original “We’re testing it on 1-15 zones first!” plan to “1-15 maps won’t be affected, only low-population ones at first.”

Now in the livestream today, they said it will be in low level zones first…

Is there a communication error within your team? Was this announcement correct and the Ready-Up stream was incorrect? You’re spreading a lot of conflicting information.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Guhracie.3419

So what’s the word about the livestream? Any update?

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

We are now planning on releasing the system starting with the PvP lobby and low population maps, and incrementally moving onto the maps with high populations. With this approach, the behavior on level 1 to 15 maps won’t change until we’ve seen the positive confirmation from the community as well as from our metrics that MegaServer is working as expected on lower population maps.

Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t that how the Megaserver is supposed to work when it’s ENTIRELY implemented? Lower population zones are merged, while medium to high are left pretty much alone. Right? Any overflow, when it first forms, will naturally be a low population map as well.

Are they deciding beforehand which zones are “low population” and which ones are not? Or are they going to have the system deciding as the population levels shift throughout the day? If it’s the second, then wouldn’t that mean it’s pretty much fully live from day one?

No. Megaservers will eventually come to all maps. It’s is unstoppable. They’ve spent far too much time and money on the concept to stop now.

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

Starting with the low pop areas is easily the best idea, as I believe that was the whole reason to create the megaserver system in the first place.

A suggestion for moving forward: Allow players direct input in how they are sorted with a series of optional flags. Have the flags include things like RP, Organized Group Content, Open World Content, Hardcore Content, Low System Specs, etc. such that players will actually be grouped based on their preferences instead of having the MegaServer selection routines pick for them. Maybe even have a player able to rank the available flags against each other or on a scale of 1 to 10 to aid in sorting.

In short, let the players decide how they want to be sorted instead of just basing it off of what Guild they’re in, who’s on their friend list and what their original home server was (which they may have never even played on due to guesting).

Posted by: Atuq.5768

Atuq.5768

Will the multi server guilds that have influence around servers, will they get all influence and merits merge? or it will be lost?

I came here to ask the same question. Right now my guild has influence in 2 different servers. Will it all merge at some point in the future?

What about upgrades? Will we get back the influence spent for the upgrades we have in both servers?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I came here to ask the same question. Right now my guild has influence in 2 different servers. Will it all merge at some point in the future?

What about upgrades? Will we get back the influence spent for the upgrades we have in both servers?

The plan for the future:

’Because worlds no longer separate players, we’ll eventually make sure that guilds are no longer separated either, that every guild member will be contributing to and benefitting from the same unified guild chapter. Until this system is in place, your home-world guild chapter will continue to be the chapter where any influence your character earns is sent and is the chapter visible to you in the guild panel.

Knowing that many guilds stretch across multiple home worlds, we’ll be working to be as fair as possible when combining multiple chapters into one single guild for all members. All members of the guild will remain members when this happens, regardless of what world they called home. Please note that this will not affect the guild cap of 500, and we will not be able to combine separate guilds. This change will simply address how one single guild has a different copy on every home world.’

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-guilds-and-the-future/

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

How is this MegaServer system going to affect WvW? There should be no reason why the outnumbered icon should popup on any color map on any server any time of the day.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

No. Megaservers will eventually come to all maps. It’s is unstoppable. They’ve spent far too much time and money on the concept to stop now.

That’s not what I’m asking. What I’m asking is if having it work on “low population” zones is or is not pretty much having it go live fully right from day one. And if not, what’s the difference?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Guhracie.3419

That’s not what I’m asking. What I’m asking is if having it work on “low population” zones is or is not pretty much having it go live fully right from day one. And if not, what’s the difference?

I’d like an official answer to this also, but I think the difference is that the low population maps are pre-selected before the patch, and the rest of the maps function like they do currently- complete with overflows, rather than the “priority shard” maps of the mega server. We don’t know which low pop maps will be effected or what the designation actually means, so it also means that the higher traffic maps that aren’t full won’t get smushed together into one instance yet.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I imagine “low pop map” is selected by a bunch of criteria, like
actual population
does it have a boss event
if so, which class of boss is it

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Guhracie.3419

actual population

The key word in your post is imagine. It would be nice to have confirmation of which maps will be part of the megaserver. However, as it’s been six days with no further communication, I imagine we’ll find out in the patch notes on the 15th.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

actual population

The key word in your post is imagine. It would be nice to have confirmation of which maps will be part of the megaserver.

Yeah definitely.

Attachments:

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Turin.6921

Turin.6921

It is amazing how bitter some comments are without even thinking what anet seems to have in mind.

1. They actually have faith in their megaserver system that it will be so better implemented that the high population servers will not see much of a difference. They claim that you will not be scattered but the choice will be based on party, guild and world and that you WILL still have the option to taxi as always. IF this is implemented as good as they claim (Big IF btw) how would that not retain the world sense of community.High popupaltion areas will still be filled with the same guilds from the same worlds. I really do not see the issue if things are actually working.

2. The reason for the very strected world boss schedule is also not arbitrary as many seem to think…Anet actually seems to expect that PvE guilds will organize and activate the bosses more often and keep the average spawn more or less the same as now. Probably if the player base proves them wrong they will end up making the spawning more dense.

I understand the idea of not believing that the claims on how well the megaserver algorithm will work are not going to be true in the end. I have the same worries…But many seem to see problems taking into account the direct claims that anet does, that are acutally there to address the problems they are worring about…

(edited by Turin.6921)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

put southsun cove in the megaserver pls

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Guhracie.3419

It is amazing how bitter some comments are without even thinking what anet seems to have in mind.

1. They actually have faith in their megaserver system that it will be so better implemented that the high population servers will not see much of a difference. They claim that you will not be scattered but the choice will be based on party, guild and world and that you WILL still have the option to taxi as always. IF this is implemented as good as they claim (Big IF btw) how would that not retain the world sense of community.High popupaltion areas will still be filled with the same guilds from the same worlds. I really do not see the issue if things are actually working.

2. The reason for the very strected world boss schedule is also not arbitrary as many seem to think…Anet actually seems to expect that PvE guilds will organize and activate the bosses more often and keep the average spawn more or less the same as now. Probably if the player base proves them wrong they will end up making the spawning more dense.

I understand the idea of not believing that the claims on how well the megaserver algorithm will work are not going to be true in the end. I have the same worries…But many seem to see problems taking into account the direct claims that anet does, that are acutally there to address the problems they are worring about…

You realize that only 3 of the bosses on the list can be summoned at will by guilds, right?

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Dark Eye Legend.5420

Dark Eye Legend.5420

put southsun cove in the megaserver pls

This map will probably be one of the firsts to tested as it is a low population map, if I understand the roll out plan correct.

Posted by: Turin.6921

Turin.6921

You realize that only 3 of the bosses on the list can be summoned at will by guilds, right?

Yeah…But these 3 are the bosses that most ppl have an issue with…The rest come-up more often, give less loot and are less challenging to be a real issue…

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yeah…But these 3 are the bosses that most ppl have an issue with…The rest come-up more often, give less loot and are less challenging to be a real issue…

Yeah, 6 hours (Golem, Megadestroyer, etc) is technically “more often” than 8 hours, but that’s still bad. Also, “one boss at a time” approach coupled with megaserver merges will mean that all of those bosses will be always zerged. Which is also not good.

And there are other problems with the schedule, like variety (if you play for 2 hours every day, at the same time, you will always face exactly the same bosses, and will never see some others), disconnection from the dynamic world – in form of preevent nerf (they will most likely be shortened or removed completely. In the more extreme cases, like Harathi Ulgoth chain, that is a certainty), impact on the world (Orr temples), and no permanency (constant event reset, due to all zones being overflows). Well, the 2 last ones are caused by poor implementation of megaserver, not by Schedule.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Yeah, 6 hours (Golem, Megadestroyer, etc) is technically “more often” than 8 hours, but that’s still bad. Also, “one boss at a time” approach coupled with megaserver merges will mean that all of those bosses will be always zerged. Which is also not good.

And there are other problems with the schedule, like variety (if you play for 2 hours every day, at the same time, you will always face exactly the same bosses, and will never see some others), disconnection from the dynamic world – in form of preevent nerf (they will most likely be shortened or removed completely. In the more extreme cases, like Harathi Ulgoth chain, that is a certainty), impact on the world (Orr temples), and no permanency (constant event reset, due to all zones being overflows). Well, the 2 last ones are caused by poor implementation of megaserver, not by Schedule.

I may have already mentioned this in this thread, but I would have preferred a system that enables all World Bosses to be available “on demand” by having LONG pre event chains that can be started at any time and the boss spawns when the chain finishes (exactly like Ulgoth, but without the long CD after the boss dies).

That being said, I’m also happy with the current proposed system because it is a giant step up for those of us on underpopulated servers because now we will actually get to DO any of them.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

The schedule makes me sad. I play every night for about 2-3 hours at the same time all the time. Right now I can face most of the world events, and if I don’t get a chance one night, I almost always the next. Multiple ones running at the same time helps me choose where I want to go. Wit this system I will only ever see the same old boss events and will rarely get to see any other.

Population has never been an issue for me as I’m on TC and there are always people around. Granted this is not the case for everybody, but the way I see it, for servers like mine we are actually lowering the quality of life

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Guhracie.3419

Putting this back on the first page so people can see it.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

…without even thinking what anet seems to have in mind.

1. They actually have faith in their megaserver system

Let me stop you right there. These are the people who also had and kept having faith in the Scarlet character.
Hence the concern and lack of faith in their “promises”, especially since this move (and the consequence of the megaserver – the scheduled events) is breaking their business model of Dynamic Events that brought so many people over, they’re removing players’ choice, and they are wrecking the server communities that have been established in the last 1.5 years.

When it comes to the schedule of megabosses, especially Tequatl and Wurm, it is clear that they haven’t spared a single thought about the Megaboss Communities – allied guilds that organise those raids on both EU and NA. Guilds that do megabosses are specialist guilds – not your usual sunday missions main guild. They have one purpose – to organise a boss raid. That does not include grinding for merits and influence and total representation etc. This thread explains those issues really well: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Alliances-on-Upcoming-Patch/first

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

My only semi concern about the new system pertains to fight difficulty. Right now, scaling with very small and very large groups doesnt work very well. Last night, I saw a group decimate the Risen Priest of Melandru from 100 to 0 percent in less than 12 seconds.

That is not fun to be part of and is something they need to pay very close attention to.

Part of the megaserver plan needs to be a revamp of the scaling mechanic – making sure fights remain interesting for the players doing them. With the likelihood of more consistent numbers, it is probably time to look at changing alot of fight mechanics – at higher end scaled fights – as well.