VIP Membership

VIP Membership

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I’ve been playing GW since the first year of GW1. Never had any problems. But if this is a gemstore item or even for gold or whatever… I’m kinda shocked.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

VIP Membership

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Let’s see if this thread will get deleted or not. That’ll speak volumes.

They could delete it because it’s false information…. just saying.

Can anyone from anet please step up and give some explanations on this?

It’s been an hour since this thread was created, at the end of a work day. Step up? :P

But yeah, they need to nip it in the bud. I’d be gone if it was true, well probably… maybe not. I have a problem.

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)

VIP Membership

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

It’s not false at all. Said by more than enough people before, will say it again, this is a legit datamine. Dulfy.net also confirmed it.

VIP Membership

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

how do you know that is false information?

If i had the beta client i could back this up aswell kitten

VIP Membership

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It’s not false at all. Said by more than enough people before, will say it again, this is a legit datamine. Dulfy.net also confirmed it.

Data-mined != true.

There are a massive amount of stuff data-mined that have never been added to the game, even a year after they were first found.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

VIP Membership

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

So Wait! I’m not understanding why this is a bad thing?

VIP Membership

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Now with VIP membership….. GUILD HALLS! Anet listened to your suggestions and put them in a nice little VIP package and for a low low price, features that should have been implemented upon release can be yours.

Bug fixes cost extra and aren’t guaranteed to fix the problem and may include new bugs and/or client crashes.

Sounds about right lol

VIP Membership

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Several things that have been data mined never made it into the game. Lets hope that is also the case with this VIP Membership

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

VIP Membership

Morinmeth.9823

Data-mined != true.

There are a massive amount of stuff data-mined that have never been added to the game, even a year after they were first found.

Oh, excuse me, I had no idea. Don’t tell me there’s no Santa either.

In all seriousness, even the fact that something like that is considered, is sad and that’s the issue here. Also, it was datamined on the very last beta client of Edge of the Mists, which means it’s really recent, unlike what you mentioned.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Kitrine.5913

Kitrine.5913

Well I’m not surprised and maybe it could even be good for the game like an optional subscription fee so the people who want the perks can pay for them and the devs can spend more time on content and less time on trying to make appealing gemstore gimmicks. Although I am bothered by the wording and the elitism of it like I’m fine with they selling the membership based on convenience items but having it be about “prestige” and being a “VIP” seems a bit wrong to me.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Not saying it wasn’t legitimately data-mined, I just meant that it might not be something that will be implemented.

With that being said, I <3 dulfy, but saying dulfy.net said something doesn’t make me think it’s law :p

VIP Membership

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

I truly hope this is a joke or just something they considered and never implemented/never will.

Otherwise, I think all my hope for Guild Wars 2 to improve is gone.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

There is still hope that this is something from the past or even an April fool’s joke …

if not, though, I’m honestly shocked by the direction Arenanet is heading since the start of 2013. That would be too much for me to stick with this game, unfortunately. So much potential.

VIP Membership

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

It’s either a scam or an April Fool’s joke.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Data-mined != true.

Even if this isn’t happening, just the fact that they ever thought of implementing this into GW2 speaks volumes of the whole company.
This is no longer GW1 Arena Net.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Please bring this. Any prestige stuff is instant buy for me.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

VIP Membership

lordkrall.7241

Even if this isn’t happening, just the fact that they ever thought of implementing this into GW2 speaks volumes of the whole company.
This is no longer GW1 Arena Net.

Why assume they didn’t just add it in there as a joke? They are fully aware that people are actively data-mining everything after all and it would seem quite silly to add something like this to the dat-file without even talking about it first.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

VIP Membership

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Expansions and persistent content require a lot more thought, depth, development, AND TESTING than the shallow, simple, temporary, achievement-driven living story releases. They don’t require a great deal of testing because they’re so small and modular that if there are problems, they’re quickly patched, or at least band-aided, until the next release replaces it. More persistent content, as with a full expansion requires more maintenance and it’s much more apparent when it doesn’t work. Lost Shores was a prime example of how NOT to do an expansion. Bugs all over the place, horrible lag and disconnection problems, and a baron island left there with no real reason to ever go there. To this day the island just doesn’t feel like it belongs in the game.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

Please, tell me you are being sarcastic.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Tozen.9814

Tozen.9814

I don’t mind a potential subscription plan as long as it doesn’t gate content. I want to support the development of GW2.

However, what I REALLY want to pay for would be a full expansion to GW2. I loved GW1’s model the most of any game I have ever played. So far, Living World has been interesting, but I wish there was something big on the horizon to look forward to versus these smalls releases.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Sarcastic or not, there are thousands who have that attitude. Otherwise Anet would have changed things like RNG boxes (why would they keep them if they didn’t work?).

This latest info about a premium package is sickening, but not surprising that they’d consider or even push to implement it.

Remember, they’ve been talking about “big changes” for 2014.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

VIP Membership

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Arena Net needs to debunk this rumour as soon as possible.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

VIP Membership

JBDanger.2603

Sarcastic or not, there are thousands who have that attitude. Otherwise Anet would have changed things like RNG boxes (why would they keep them if they didn’t work?).

This latest info about a premium package is sickening, but not surprising that they’d consider or even push to implement it.

Remember, they’ve been talking about “big changes” for 2014.

Yeah, the big change will be a mass migration to other games if this goes into effect!

VIP Membership

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Expansions and persistent content require a lot more thought, depth, development, AND TESTING than the shallow, simple, temporary, achievement-driven living story releases. They don’t require a great deal of testing because they’re so small and modular that if there are problems, they’re quickly patched, or at least band-aided, until the next release replaces it. More persistent content, as with a full expansion requires more maintenance and it’s much more apparent when it doesn’t work. Lost Shores was a prime example of how NOT to do an expansion. Bugs all over the place, horrible lag and disconnection problems, and a baron island left there with no real reason to ever go there. To this day the island just doesn’t feel like it belongs in the game.

I always liked the Karka Land. It’s release went smoothly for me so it was a nice experience, but I understand that bugs ruined it for many. Saying that there is no real reason to ever go there is a little unfair. The area has unique, exotic atmosphere, and is quite beatiful in my opinion. The karkas also provide more interesting fights than most mobs out there.

As for the topic, is it known if this image has been recently added to the client, or if it has been there forever? The former would be much more alarming. Though it could very well still be an april fools joke. Just a little early now xD

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

VIP Membership

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

It’s in the Edge of the mists client. They plan on releasing that later on in 2014. Might be that they really tought this would be a good april fools joke? Liked SAB better in that case.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

VIP Membership

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

It’s more or less a sub service.

The casuals feel if there is a sub service then people actually willing to pay a sub get a leg up.

The blah blah blah f2p’s feel like it causes their whole argument of “Subs are dead!! Long live b2p and f2p!!” to blow up in their face.

The GW1 lifers feel like it’s just another stab in the back because it’s not the exact same thing as a game in the dirt for five years, and they think they own the rights to what should be called GW, not the developers.

The gem buyers are gonna cry because “But we already bought gems…where’s mine.We’re not as special anymore!”

To the actual MMO crowd? It is a good thing.

(edited by killcannon.2576)

VIP Membership

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

It’s in the Edge of the mists client. They plan on releasing that later on in 2014. Might be that they really tought this would be a good april fools joke? Liked SAB better in that case.

Except that SAB was no joke and it turned out to be true after all.

VIP Membership

Morinmeth.9823

The casuals feel if there is a sub service then people actually willing to pay a sub get a leg up.

The blah blah blah f2p’s feel like it causes there whole argument of “Subs are dead!! Long live b2p and f2p!!” to blow up in their face.

The GW1 lifers feel like it’s just another stab in the back because it’s not the exact same thing as a game in the dirt for five years, and they think they own the rights to what should be called GW, not the developers.

The gem buyers are gonna cry because “But we already bought gems…where’s mine.We’re not as special anymore!”

We need a downvote button just for this thing here. Wow.

VIP Membership

The blah blah blah f2p’s feel like it causes there whole argument of “Subs are dead!! Long live b2p and f2p!!” to blow up in their face.

The hell did I just read..

Wow.. just wow

~Sincerely, Scissors

VIP Membership

JBDanger.2603

I wouldn’t put it past them to apply this though. Remember you could spend $10 to get an infinite continue coin for SAB and then they took it away rendering it useless until it comes back again for another 2 weeks? Also a spend money and get a useless mini. And some suggestions being applied to gem store items. Yeah, this is Anet now and I doubt its a joke.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Frog.8217

Frog.8217

Kalevala – Far Shiver Peaks

VIP Membership

killcannon.2576

We need a downvote button just for this thing here. Wow.

Sorry, something worthwhile to opine?

VIP Membership

killcannon.2576

Wow.. just wow

Take your time, it will come to you.

VIP Membership

Wow.. just wow

Astounding isn’kitten

Yea I must say, that is the most astounding nonsense I ever read. Very comical.

~Sincerely, Scissors

VIP Membership

Aedelric.1287

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/

“no subscription fees!”

They add this, then I am getting my money back. VIP membership is a subscription model.

VIP Membership

“no subscription fees!”

They add this, then I am getting my money back. VIP membership is a subscription model.

So much this.

~Sincerely, Scissors

VIP Membership

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

My money is on the April Fool’s Joke, or for it being exclusively for Korea/China. Because it sounds like things they usually do with MMOs over there.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

VIP Membership

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

This is either a joke, or NCsoft has decided to cannibalize gw2’s more mobile mmo population to scurry them along to wildstar.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

VIP Membership

lordkrall.7241

“no subscription fees!”

That is of course assuming that (if it is true) it will require constant payment. It is of course fully possible that it is either a 1 time thing or simply unlocked based on activity and/or gem-purchases.

If it does not require more than one payment (or doesn’t run out) it is in no way a subscription.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

VIP Membership

killcannon.2576

“no subscription fees!”

Hybrid, not subscription.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

This doesn’t make sense. Why would I want to pay (speculating here) for a monthly subscription to get discounts on gem store items. Sounds like they’re trying to make us double dip with our wallets.

If I had to guess, it’s a loyalty program to those who buy gems every month. 20 consecutive months of gem purchases yields higher/more rewards than say, 5 months. If that’s the case, then I’m all for it. I usually limit myself to 10 bucks/month anyways.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

VIP Membership

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

My money is on the April Fool’s Joke, or for it being exclusively for Korea/China. Because it sounds like things they usually do with MMOs over there.

I’d think if it were for China and Korea it’d be localized for them and not be in English.

VIP Membership

Aedelric.1287

“no subscription fees!”

Hybrid has subscription, you mean I should change the word model to fee, do not be pedantic. This does not change the point I made or argument against VIP membership.

VIP Membership

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Word is catching like wildfire…….definitely see some pr coming our way.

Serenity now~Insanity later

VIP Membership

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Not sure why people think the spelling mistake implies this is fake. There are a HUGE number of spelling mistakes ingame that have been there since launch.

VIP Membership

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Because everything on reddit is fact o_O

The Burninator

VIP Membership

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Like someone on Reddit said if this is an April Fools joke fine but if not…………………. the game is gone.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

VIP Membership

Because everything on reddit is fact o_O

That_Shaman has always been pretty accurate though.

~Sincerely, Scissors

VIP Membership

killcannon.2576

“no subscription fees!”

Hybrid has subscription, you mean I should change the word model to fee, do not be pedantic. This does not change the point I made or argument against VIP membership.

Hybrid and pure sub models are completely different. So no pedantry involved, just a basic lack of what payment models are by the vast majority of game players.

Given, this would be more of a reverse hybrid model.

And your only point that I can see was that you were quitting because someone else may choose to pay a fee for some nebulous benefits that would not change your experience at all.

More power to you.

(edited by killcannon.2576)

VIP Membership

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

If I had to guess, it’s a loyalty program to those who buy gems every month. 20 consecutive months of gem purchases yields higher/more rewards than say, 5 months. If that’s the case, then I’m all for it. I usually limit myself to 10 bucks/month anyways.

This sounds like you nailed it square in the center.
though even so I’d say take out the res buff, prestige and the teleport crap.
and all is good.